|By Marketwired .||
|January 5, 2014 11:00 AM EST||
LAS VEGAS, NV -- (Marketwired) -- 01/05/14 --
WHAT: Half a dozen of the world's leading Bitcoin startups join top 3D, mobile and gadget companies to present and demo new products prior to the opening of the CES showfloor.
WHEN: Sunday, January 5, from 7 to 10 p.m.
WHERE: Cili Restaurant, Bali Hai Golf Course and Country Club, 5160 Las Vegas Blvd. S., Las Vegas, NV 89119. Buses will shuttle media from CES activities taking place at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center (Shark Reef Aquarium entrance parking lot) to Cili beginning at 6:30 pm and will continue shuttles every fifteen minutes through 10:30 pm.
ABOUT: Great food, premium wine and beer, and the elegant golf course setting of Cili set the perfect backdrop to peruse cutting-edge technologies at a leisurely pace. Among the companies presenting will be:
A Bitcoin new products pavilion: (Friday was the fifth anniversary of the first Bitcoin).
- BitAngels (Las Vegas and Austin). Largest angel network of investors in Bitcoin technologies; representatives will be available to discuss Bitcoin investing trends.
- BitcoinShop (Washington, DC). Largest online retailer offering merchandise exclusively in Bitcoins.
- Duty Free BTC (High Point, NC) - E-commerce Bitcoin store for duty free products.
- Kncminer (Stockholm, Sweden). World's leading Bitcoin mining hardware provider, with more than $60 million in sales in past nine months and the world's fastest Bitcoin miner, the 3 Th/s Neptune.
- Kryptokit (Toronto, ON) - An instant Bitcoin wallet and secure instant messaging system that runs right in the browser.
- Lamassu (Manchester, NH) - The smallest, least expensive Bitcoin ATM on the market, which recently shipped its 100th unit.
Traditional consumer electronics products, apps and online services being showcased include:
- Body Bench (Los Angeles). Multi-purpose fitness product launching its Kickstarter at this event.
- Card.Com (Santa Monica, CA). Innovative, branded affinity Visa debit cards.
- Concepter (Donetsk, Ukraine). Fresh from its successful Kickstarter (raising $100,000 more than its goal), Concepter will debut the first prototype for its new LED flash for smartphones and tablets, iBlazr.
- Flm.tv (Austin, TX). A new social pay-per-view site for indie films.
- iBlueOpen (Budapest, Hungary). Bluetooth-enabled, wireless locks and security systems for home and business.
- Lease by Auction (Portland, OR). Innovative new site brings "name your own price" model to real estate leasing.
- Liquipel (Santa Ana, CA). The smash hit of the past two Startup Debuts, Liquipel and its watersafe coatings for mobile devices will introduce more new innovations.
- Storytime Studios (Boston, MA). Makers of the innovative Skit! App for iPhone, iPad and other mobile platforms.
- Sverve (New York, NY). Social media marketing platform for connecting brands and influencers.
- Leonar3do (Budapest, Hungary) - A technology that transforms the 2D flat dimension of desktop computers and other devices into a real 3D work environment and promises real interaction with the computer and with any 3D objects.
- TradeYa (Venice, CA). Social platform for bartering online.
- Walls360 (Las Vegas, NV). Innovative publisher of on-demand wall graphics for designers and brands.
- Wideband Antennas (Temecula, CA). Wideband will announce and debut an exciting new wireless consumer electronics device at Startup Debut.
CONTACT: Interested media should RSVP to [email protected] or call Martin Stein at 702-285-2873. On-site registration for full-time working media (no consultants, advertising personnel or occasional bloggers, please) with CES accreditation will also be available at the event.
Disclaimer: "Consumer Electronics Show," "CES," "CES®" and "International CES®" are registered trademarks of the Consumer Electronics Association. Startup Debut at CES 2014 is not affiliated with or endorsed by CES or the Consumer Electronics Association.
The emerging Internet of Everything creates tremendous new opportunities for customer engagement and business model innovation. However, enterprises must overcome a number of critical challenges to bring these new solutions to market. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Michael Martin, CTO/CIO at nfrastructure, outlined these key challenges and recommended approaches for overcoming them to achieve speed and agility in the design, development and implementation of Internet of Everything solutions with...
Jan. 21, 2017 10:00 AM EST Reads: 5,657
In their general session at 16th Cloud Expo, Michael Piccininni, Global Account Manager - Cloud SP at EMC Corporation, and Mike Dietze, Regional Director at Windstream Hosted Solutions, reviewed next generation cloud services, including the Windstream-EMC Tier Storage solutions, and discussed how to increase efficiencies, improve service delivery and enhance corporate cloud solution development. Michael Piccininni is Global Account Manager – Cloud SP at EMC Corporation. He has been engaged in t...
Jan. 21, 2017 10:00 AM EST Reads: 5,089
Cloud Expo, Inc. has announced today that Andi Mann returns to 'DevOps at Cloud Expo 2017' as Conference Chair The @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. "DevOps is set to be one of the most profound disruptions to hit IT in decades," said Andi Mann. "It is a natural extension of cloud computing, and I have seen both firsthand and in independent research the fantastic results DevOps delivers. So I am excited to help the great t...
Jan. 21, 2017 07:45 AM EST Reads: 2,445
Every successful software product evolves from an idea to an enterprise system. Notably, the same way is passed by the product owner's company. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Oleg Lola, CEO of MobiDev, will provide a generalized overview of the evolution of a software product, the product owner, the needs that arise at various stages of this process, and the value brought by a software development partner to the product owner as a response to these needs.
Jan. 21, 2017 07:30 AM EST Reads: 1,300
In 2014, Amazon announced a new form of compute called Lambda. We didn't know it at the time, but this represented a fundamental shift in what we expect from cloud computing. Now, all of the major cloud computing vendors want to take part in this disruptive technology. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, John Jelinek IV, a web developer at Linux Academy, will discuss why major players like AWS, Microsoft Azure, IBM Bluemix, and Google Cloud Platform are all trying to sidestep VMs and containers...
Jan. 21, 2017 07:15 AM EST Reads: 933
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a client-oriented software development company, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software company that develops and delivers turn-key mobile apps, websites, web services, and complex softw...
Jan. 21, 2017 06:45 AM EST Reads: 1,948
SYS-CON Events announced today that Enzu will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Enzu’s mission is to be the leading provider of enterprise cloud solutions worldwide. Enzu enables online businesses to use its IT infrastructure to their competitive ad...
Jan. 21, 2017 06:30 AM EST Reads: 1,656
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, discussed the best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Jan. 21, 2017 06:00 AM EST Reads: 2,080
In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Claude Remillard, Principal Program Manager in Developer Division at Microsoft, contrasted how his team used config as code and immutable patterns for continuous delivery of microservices and apps to the cloud. He showed how the immutable patterns helps developers do away with most of the complexity of config as code-enabling scenarios such as rollback, zero downtime upgrades with far greater simplicity. He also demoed building immutable pipelines in the cloud ...
Jan. 21, 2017 05:30 AM EST Reads: 3,553
Choosing the right cloud for your workloads is a balancing act that can cost your organization time, money and aggravation - unless you get it right the first time. Economics, speed, performance, accessibility, administrative needs and security all play a vital role in dictating your approach to the cloud. Without knowing the right questions to ask, you could wind up paying for capacity you'll never need or underestimating the resources required to run your applications.
Jan. 21, 2017 05:00 AM EST Reads: 4,055
Traditional on-premises data centers have long been the domain of modern data platforms like Apache Hadoop, meaning companies who build their business on public cloud were challenged to run Big Data processing and analytics at scale. But recent advancements in Hadoop performance, security, and most importantly cloud-native integrations, are giving organizations the ability to truly gain value from all their data. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, David Tishgart, Director of Product Marketing ...
Jan. 21, 2017 05:00 AM EST Reads: 3,025
Technology vendors and analysts are eager to paint a rosy picture of how wonderful IoT is and why your deployment will be great with the use of their products and services. While it is easy to showcase successful IoT solutions, identifying IoT systems that missed the mark or failed can often provide more in the way of key lessons learned. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Peter Vanderminden, Principal Industry Analyst for IoT & Digital Supply Chain to Flatiron Strategies, will focus on how IoT depl...
Jan. 21, 2017 03:45 AM EST Reads: 1,989
Adding public cloud resources to an existing application can be a daunting process. The tools that you currently use to manage the software and hardware outside the cloud aren’t always the best tools to efficiently grow into the cloud. All of the major configuration management tools have cloud orchestration plugins that can be leveraged, but there are also cloud-native tools that can dramatically improve the efficiency of managing your application lifecycle. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, ...
Jan. 21, 2017 02:30 AM EST Reads: 6,123
The pace of innovation, vendor lock-in, production sustainability, cost-effectiveness, and managing risk… In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Dan Choquette, Founder of RackN, discussed how CIOs are challenged finding the balance of finding the right tools, technology and operational model that serves the business the best. He also discussed how clouds, open source software and infrastructure solutions have benefits but also drawbacks and how workload and operational portability between vendors an...
Jan. 21, 2017 02:30 AM EST Reads: 5,045
With the proliferation of both SQL and NoSQL databases, organizations can now target specific fit-for-purpose database tools for their different application needs regarding scalability, ease of use, ACID support, etc. Platform as a Service offerings make this even easier now, enabling developers to roll out their own database infrastructure in minutes with minimal management overhead. However, this same amount of flexibility also comes with the challenges of picking the right tool, on the right ...
Jan. 21, 2017 02:15 AM EST Reads: 5,370