|By Marketwired .||
|January 5, 2014 11:00 AM EST||
LAS VEGAS, NV -- (Marketwired) -- 01/05/14 --
WHAT: Half a dozen of the world's leading Bitcoin startups join top 3D, mobile and gadget companies to present and demo new products prior to the opening of the CES showfloor.
WHEN: Sunday, January 5, from 7 to 10 p.m.
WHERE: Cili Restaurant, Bali Hai Golf Course and Country Club, 5160 Las Vegas Blvd. S., Las Vegas, NV 89119. Buses will shuttle media from CES activities taking place at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center (Shark Reef Aquarium entrance parking lot) to Cili beginning at 6:30 pm and will continue shuttles every fifteen minutes through 10:30 pm.
ABOUT: Great food, premium wine and beer, and the elegant golf course setting of Cili set the perfect backdrop to peruse cutting-edge technologies at a leisurely pace. Among the companies presenting will be:
A Bitcoin new products pavilion: (Friday was the fifth anniversary of the first Bitcoin).
- BitAngels (Las Vegas and Austin). Largest angel network of investors in Bitcoin technologies; representatives will be available to discuss Bitcoin investing trends.
- BitcoinShop (Washington, DC). Largest online retailer offering merchandise exclusively in Bitcoins.
- Duty Free BTC (High Point, NC) - E-commerce Bitcoin store for duty free products.
- Kncminer (Stockholm, Sweden). World's leading Bitcoin mining hardware provider, with more than $60 million in sales in past nine months and the world's fastest Bitcoin miner, the 3 Th/s Neptune.
- Kryptokit (Toronto, ON) - An instant Bitcoin wallet and secure instant messaging system that runs right in the browser.
- Lamassu (Manchester, NH) - The smallest, least expensive Bitcoin ATM on the market, which recently shipped its 100th unit.
Traditional consumer electronics products, apps and online services being showcased include:
- Body Bench (Los Angeles). Multi-purpose fitness product launching its Kickstarter at this event.
- Card.Com (Santa Monica, CA). Innovative, branded affinity Visa debit cards.
- Concepter (Donetsk, Ukraine). Fresh from its successful Kickstarter (raising $100,000 more than its goal), Concepter will debut the first prototype for its new LED flash for smartphones and tablets, iBlazr.
- Flm.tv (Austin, TX). A new social pay-per-view site for indie films.
- iBlueOpen (Budapest, Hungary). Bluetooth-enabled, wireless locks and security systems for home and business.
- Lease by Auction (Portland, OR). Innovative new site brings "name your own price" model to real estate leasing.
- Liquipel (Santa Ana, CA). The smash hit of the past two Startup Debuts, Liquipel and its watersafe coatings for mobile devices will introduce more new innovations.
- Storytime Studios (Boston, MA). Makers of the innovative Skit! App for iPhone, iPad and other mobile platforms.
- Sverve (New York, NY). Social media marketing platform for connecting brands and influencers.
- Leonar3do (Budapest, Hungary) - A technology that transforms the 2D flat dimension of desktop computers and other devices into a real 3D work environment and promises real interaction with the computer and with any 3D objects.
- TradeYa (Venice, CA). Social platform for bartering online.
- Walls360 (Las Vegas, NV). Innovative publisher of on-demand wall graphics for designers and brands.
- Wideband Antennas (Temecula, CA). Wideband will announce and debut an exciting new wireless consumer electronics device at Startup Debut.
CONTACT: Interested media should RSVP to [email protected] or call Martin Stein at 702-285-2873. On-site registration for full-time working media (no consultants, advertising personnel or occasional bloggers, please) with CES accreditation will also be available at the event.
Disclaimer: "Consumer Electronics Show," "CES," "CES®" and "International CES®" are registered trademarks of the Consumer Electronics Association. Startup Debut at CES 2014 is not affiliated with or endorsed by CES or the Consumer Electronics Association.
In past @ThingsExpo presentations, Joseph di Paolantonio has explored how various Internet of Things (IoT) and data management and analytics (DMA) solution spaces will come together as sensor analytics ecosystems. This year, in his session at @ThingsExpo, Joseph di Paolantonio from DataArchon, will be adding the numerous Transportation areas, from autonomous vehicles to “Uber for containers.” While IoT data in any one area of Transportation will have a huge impact in that area, combining sensor...
Oct. 22, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 459
Established in 1998, Calsoft is a leading software product engineering Services Company specializing in Storage, Networking, Virtualization and Cloud business verticals. Calsoft provides End-to-End Product Development, Quality Assurance Sustenance, Solution Engineering and Professional Services expertise to assist customers in achieving their product development and business goals. The company's deep domain knowledge of Storage, Virtualization, Networking and Cloud verticals helps in delivering ...
Oct. 22, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 958
Extreme Computing is the ability to leverage highly performant infrastructure and software to accelerate Big Data, machine learning, HPC, and Enterprise applications. High IOPS Storage, low-latency networks, in-memory databases, GPUs and other parallel accelerators are being used to achieve faster results and help businesses make better decisions. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at NVIDIA, focused on some of the unique ways extreme computing is...
Oct. 22, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,839
In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lee Atchison, Principal Cloud Architect and Advocate at New Relic, discussed cloud as a ‘better data center’ and how it adds new capacity (faster) and improves application availability (redundancy). The cloud is a ‘Dynamic Tool for Dynamic Apps’ and resource allocation is an integral part of your application architecture, so use only the resources you need and allocate /de-allocate resources on the fly.
Oct. 22, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,647
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Oct. 22, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,578
In the next five to ten years, millions, if not billions of things will become smarter. This smartness goes beyond connected things in our homes like the fridge, thermostat and fancy lighting, and into heavily regulated industries including aerospace, pharmaceutical/medical devices and energy. “Smartness” will embed itself within individual products that are part of our daily lives. We will engage with smart products - learning from them, informing them, and communicating with them. Smart produc...
Oct. 22, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,441
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smar...
Oct. 22, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 634
In his keynote at 19th Cloud Expo, Sheng Liang, co-founder and CEO of Rancher Labs, will discuss the technological advances and new business opportunities created by the rapid adoption of containers. With the success of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and various open source technologies used to build private clouds, cloud computing has become an essential component of IT strategy. However, users continue to face challenges in implementing clouds, as older technologies evolve and newer ones like Docke...
Oct. 22, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,242
WebRTC sits at the intersection between VoIP and the Web. As such, it poses some interesting challenges for those developing services on top of it, but also for those who need to test and monitor these services. In his session at WebRTC Summit, Tsahi Levent-Levi, co-founder of testRTC, reviewed the various challenges posed by WebRTC when it comes to testing and monitoring and on ways to overcome them.
Oct. 22, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,886
In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Claude Remillard, Principal Program Manager in Developer Division at Microsoft, will contrast how his team used config as code and immutable patterns for continuous delivery of microservices and apps to the cloud. He will show the immutable patterns helps developers do away with most of the complexity of config as code-enabling scenarios such as rollback, zero downtime upgrades with far greater simplicity. He will also have live demos of building immutable pipe...
Oct. 22, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,493
Rapid innovation, changing business landscapes, and new IT demands force businesses to make changes quickly. In the eyes of many, containers are at the brink of becoming a pervasive technology in enterprise IT to accelerate application delivery. In this presentation, you'll learn about the: The transformation of IT to a DevOps, microservices, and container-based architecture What are containers and how DevOps practices can operate in a container-based environment A demonstration of how Docke...
Oct. 22, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,541
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Oct. 22, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 5,220
SYS-CON Events announced today that Coalfire will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Coalfire is the trusted leader in cybersecurity risk management and compliance services. Coalfire integrates advisory and technical assessments and recommendations to the corporate directors, executives, boards, and IT organizations for global brands and organizations in the technology, cloud, health...
Oct. 22, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,495
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential M2M Brand by Onalytica in the ‘Machine to Machine: Top 100 Influencers and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed the online debate on M2M by looking at over 85,000 tweets to provide the most influential individuals and brands that drive the discussion. According to Onalytica the "analysis showed a very engaged community with a lot of interactive tweets. The M2M discussion seems to be more fragmented and driven by some of the major brands present in the...
Oct. 22, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 11,262
So you think you are a DevOps warrior, huh? Put your money (not really, it’s free) where your metrics are and prove it by taking The Ultimate DevOps Geek Quiz Challenge, sponsored by DevOps Summit. Battle through the set of tough questions created by industry thought leaders to earn your bragging rights and win some cool prizes.
Oct. 22, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,746