|By ACN Newswire||
|January 5, 2014 09:03 PM EST||
Singapore, Jan 6, 2014 - (ACN Newswire) - Singapore Exchange (SGX) today said derivatives trading reached new highs in 2013. It also saw growth in clearing activities while securities trading declined.
For January to December 2013:
- Stock market capitalisation declined 0.6% to S$940 billion. On a total return basis, including dividends, the Straits Times Index was up 3.26%.
- Total equity fund-raising grew 40% to S$6.3 billion. There were 27 and 26 IPOs in 2013 and 2012 respectively.
- Total bond fund-raising decreased 4% to S$176 billion. There were 465 and 390 new bonds listed in 2013 and 2012 respectively.
- Securities daily average value (SDAV) increased 10% to S$1.4 billion.
- ETF turnover tripled to S$3.2 billion.
- Derivatives total volume and daily average volume (DDAV) increased 40% to 112 million and 459,362 contracts respectively.
- Volume of SGX AsiaClear commodities almost doubled to 660,372 contracts and volume of iron ore swaps, futures and options cleared more than doubled to 590,648 contracts.
- Trading in China A50 and India Nifty futures reached a record year volume of 21 million and 16 million contracts respectively. Volume of Nikkei 225 futures trading also hit a record year high of 39 million contracts.
For December 2013:
- Securities daily average value (SDAV) declined 20% to S$951 million year-on-year; securities turnover was down 16% to S$20 billion year-on-year.
- ETF turnover was down 56% year-on-year at S$199 million.
- There was one IPO raising S$62 million, 9 times higher than a year earlier.
- There were 39 new bond listings, raising S$6.1 billion, an increase of 9% year-on-year.
- Derivatives daily average volume (DDAV) increased 6% year-on-year to 426,582 contracts respectively. Derivatives total volume grew 12% to 8.9 million contracts.
- China A50 futures trading increased 23% to 2.1 million contracts year-on-year and Nikkei 225 futures volume was up 9% year-on-year at 2.9 million contracts. MSCI Taiwan futures activity increased 39% to 1.4 million contracts from a year earlier.
- Nifty futures trading increased 12% to 1.3 million contracts year-on-year. MSCI Indonesia Index futures more than doubled to 21,210 contracts.
- Total open interest for all our equity index, forex and interest-rate futures, and equity index options grew 20% to 3 million contracts at the end of December from a year earlier.
- Volume of new OTC financial derivatives transactions cleared was S$3.7 billion, up 61% year-on-year.
- Volume of OTC commodities cleared grew 77% year-on-year to 39,112 contracts.
- Volume of iron ore swaps cleared almost doubled to 36,130 contracts from a year earlier.
About Singapore Exchange (SGX)
Singapore Exchange (SGX) is the Asian Gateway, connecting investors in search of Asian growth to corporate issuers in search of global capital. SGX represents the premier access point for managing Asian capital and investment exposure, and is Asia's most international exchange with more than 40% of companies listed on SGX originating outside of Singapore. SGX offers its clients the world's biggest offshore market for Asian equity index futures, centred on Asia's three largest economies - China, India and Japan.
In addition to offering a fully integrated value chain from trading and clearing, to settlement and depository services, SGX is also Asia's pioneering central clearing house. Headquartered in Asia's most globalised city, and centred within the AAA strength and stability of Singapore's island nation, SGX is a peerless Asian counterparty for the clearing of financial and commodity products. For more information, please visit www.sgx.com.
Source: Singapore Exchange (SGX)
Carolyn Lim Marketing & Communications Tel: +65 6236 8139 Email: [email protected] Loh Wei Ling Marketing & Communications Tel: +65 6236 8157 Email: [email protected]
Copyright 2014 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved.
Every successful software product evolves from an idea to an enterprise system. Notably, the same way is passed by the product owner's company. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Oleg Lola, CEO of MobiDev, will provide a generalized overview of the evolution of a software product, the product owner, the needs that arise at various stages of this process, and the value brought by a software development partner to the product owner as a response to these needs.
Jan. 17, 2017 06:00 AM EST Reads: 1,111
"Plutora provides release and testing environment capabilities to the enterprise," explained Dalibor Siroky, Director and Co-founder of Plutora, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jan. 17, 2017 05:45 AM EST Reads: 3,484
SYS-CON Events announced today that Enzu will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Enzu’s mission is to be the leading provider of enterprise cloud solutions worldwide. Enzu enables online businesses to use its IT infrastructure to their competitive ad...
Jan. 17, 2017 05:30 AM EST Reads: 1,523
In his session at DevOps Summit, Tapabrata Pal, Director of Enterprise Architecture at Capital One, will tell a story about how Capital One has embraced Agile and DevOps Security practices across the Enterprise – driven by Enterprise Architecture; bringing in Development, Operations and Information Security organizations together. Capital Ones DevOpsSec practice is based upon three "pillars" – Shift-Left, Automate Everything, Dashboard Everything. Within about three years, from 100% waterfall, C...
Jan. 17, 2017 05:15 AM EST Reads: 9,280
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a client-oriented software development company, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software company that develops and delivers turn-key mobile apps, websites, web services, and complex softw...
Jan. 17, 2017 04:15 AM EST Reads: 1,782
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Jan. 17, 2017 03:45 AM EST Reads: 2,711
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Jan. 17, 2017 03:45 AM EST Reads: 3,525
In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Claude Remillard, Principal Program Manager in Developer Division at Microsoft, contrasted how his team used config as code and immutable patterns for continuous delivery of microservices and apps to the cloud. He showed how the immutable patterns helps developers do away with most of the complexity of config as code-enabling scenarios such as rollback, zero downtime upgrades with far greater simplicity. He also demoed building immutable pipelines in the cloud ...
Jan. 17, 2017 03:45 AM EST Reads: 3,371
SYS-CON Events announced today that Catchpoint Systems, Inc., a provider of innovative web and infrastructure monitoring solutions, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's DevOps Summit at 18th Cloud Expo New York, which will take place June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Catchpoint is a leading Digital Performance Analytics company that provides unparalleled insight into customer-critical services to help consistently deliver an amazing customer experience. Designed ...
Jan. 17, 2017 03:15 AM EST Reads: 6,223
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Jan. 17, 2017 03:00 AM EST Reads: 549
While many government agencies have embraced the idea of employing cloud computing as a tool for increasing the efficiency and flexibility of IT, many still struggle with large scale adoption. The challenge is mainly attributed to the federated structure of these agencies as well as the immaturity of brokerage and governance tools and models. Initiatives like FedRAMP are a great first step toward solving many of these challenges but there are a lot of unknowns that are yet to be tackled. In hi...
Jan. 17, 2017 02:15 AM EST Reads: 3,748
With the proliferation of both SQL and NoSQL databases, organizations can now target specific fit-for-purpose database tools for their different application needs regarding scalability, ease of use, ACID support, etc. Platform as a Service offerings make this even easier now, enabling developers to roll out their own database infrastructure in minutes with minimal management overhead. However, this same amount of flexibility also comes with the challenges of picking the right tool, on the right ...
Jan. 17, 2017 01:45 AM EST Reads: 5,217
The cloud market growth today is largely in public clouds. While there is a lot of spend in IT departments in virtualization, these aren’t yet translating into a true “cloud” experience within the enterprise. What is stopping the growth of the “private cloud” market? In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Nara Rajagopalan, CEO of Accelerite, explored the challenges in deploying, managing, and getting adoption for a private cloud within an enterprise. What are the key differences between wh...
Jan. 17, 2017 12:45 AM EST Reads: 6,016
One of the hottest areas in cloud right now is DRaaS and related offerings. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Dale Levesque, Disaster Recovery Product Manager with Windstream's Cloud and Data Center Marketing team, will discuss the benefits of the cloud model, which far outweigh the traditional approach, and how enterprises need to ensure that their needs are properly being met.
Jan. 16, 2017 11:45 PM EST Reads: 4,208
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Jan. 16, 2017 09:00 PM EST Reads: 7,449