|By ACN Newswire||
|January 5, 2014 09:03 PM EST||
Singapore, Jan 6, 2014 - (ACN Newswire) - Singapore Exchange (SGX) today said derivatives trading reached new highs in 2013. It also saw growth in clearing activities while securities trading declined.
For January to December 2013:
- Stock market capitalisation declined 0.6% to S$940 billion. On a total return basis, including dividends, the Straits Times Index was up 3.26%.
- Total equity fund-raising grew 40% to S$6.3 billion. There were 27 and 26 IPOs in 2013 and 2012 respectively.
- Total bond fund-raising decreased 4% to S$176 billion. There were 465 and 390 new bonds listed in 2013 and 2012 respectively.
- Securities daily average value (SDAV) increased 10% to S$1.4 billion.
- ETF turnover tripled to S$3.2 billion.
- Derivatives total volume and daily average volume (DDAV) increased 40% to 112 million and 459,362 contracts respectively.
- Volume of SGX AsiaClear commodities almost doubled to 660,372 contracts and volume of iron ore swaps, futures and options cleared more than doubled to 590,648 contracts.
- Trading in China A50 and India Nifty futures reached a record year volume of 21 million and 16 million contracts respectively. Volume of Nikkei 225 futures trading also hit a record year high of 39 million contracts.
For December 2013:
- Securities daily average value (SDAV) declined 20% to S$951 million year-on-year; securities turnover was down 16% to S$20 billion year-on-year.
- ETF turnover was down 56% year-on-year at S$199 million.
- There was one IPO raising S$62 million, 9 times higher than a year earlier.
- There were 39 new bond listings, raising S$6.1 billion, an increase of 9% year-on-year.
- Derivatives daily average volume (DDAV) increased 6% year-on-year to 426,582 contracts respectively. Derivatives total volume grew 12% to 8.9 million contracts.
- China A50 futures trading increased 23% to 2.1 million contracts year-on-year and Nikkei 225 futures volume was up 9% year-on-year at 2.9 million contracts. MSCI Taiwan futures activity increased 39% to 1.4 million contracts from a year earlier.
- Nifty futures trading increased 12% to 1.3 million contracts year-on-year. MSCI Indonesia Index futures more than doubled to 21,210 contracts.
- Total open interest for all our equity index, forex and interest-rate futures, and equity index options grew 20% to 3 million contracts at the end of December from a year earlier.
- Volume of new OTC financial derivatives transactions cleared was S$3.7 billion, up 61% year-on-year.
- Volume of OTC commodities cleared grew 77% year-on-year to 39,112 contracts.
- Volume of iron ore swaps cleared almost doubled to 36,130 contracts from a year earlier.
About Singapore Exchange (SGX)
Singapore Exchange (SGX) is the Asian Gateway, connecting investors in search of Asian growth to corporate issuers in search of global capital. SGX represents the premier access point for managing Asian capital and investment exposure, and is Asia's most international exchange with more than 40% of companies listed on SGX originating outside of Singapore. SGX offers its clients the world's biggest offshore market for Asian equity index futures, centred on Asia's three largest economies - China, India and Japan.
In addition to offering a fully integrated value chain from trading and clearing, to settlement and depository services, SGX is also Asia's pioneering central clearing house. Headquartered in Asia's most globalised city, and centred within the AAA strength and stability of Singapore's island nation, SGX is a peerless Asian counterparty for the clearing of financial and commodity products. For more information, please visit www.sgx.com.
Source: Singapore Exchange (SGX)
Carolyn Lim Marketing & Communications Tel: +65 6236 8139 Email: [email protected] Loh Wei Ling Marketing & Communications Tel: +65 6236 8157 Email: [email protected]
Copyright 2014 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved.
Between the mockups and specs produced by analysts, and resulting applications built by developers, there exists a gulf where projects fail, costs spiral, and applications disappoint. Methodologies like Agile attempt to address this with intensified communication, with partial success but many limitations. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Charles Kendrick, CTO at Isomorphic Software, will present a revolutionary model enabled by new technologies. Learn how business and deve...
Oct. 26, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,445
In the 21st century, security on the Internet has become one of the most important issues. We hear more and more about cyber-attacks on the websites of large corporations, banks and even small businesses. When online we’re concerned not only for our own safety but also our privacy. We have to know that hackers usually start their preparation by investigating the private information of admins – the habits, interests, visited websites and so on. On the other hand, our own security is in danger bec...
Oct. 26, 2016 09:17 AM EDT
In his session at Cloud Expo, Robert Cohen, an economist and senior fellow at the Economic Strategy Institute, will provide economic scenarios that describe how the rapid adoption of software-defined everything including cloud services, SDDC and open networking will change GDP, industry growth, productivity and jobs. This session will also include a drill down for several industries such as finance, social media, cloud service providers and pharmaceuticals.
Oct. 26, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,044
DevOps is speeding towards the IT world like a freight train and the hype around it is deafening. There is no reason to be afraid of this change as it is the natural reaction to the agile movement that revolutionized development just a few years ago. By definition, DevOps is the natural alignment of IT performance to business profitability. The relevance of this has yet to be quantified but it has been suggested that the route to the CEO’s chair will come from the IT leaders that successfully ma...
Oct. 26, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 16,579
The Internet of Things (IoT), in all its myriad manifestations, has great potential. Much of that potential comes from the evolving data management and analytic (DMA) technologies and processes that allow us to gain insight from all of the IoT data that can be generated and gathered. This potential may never be met as those data sets are tied to specific industry verticals and single markets, with no clear way to use IoT data and sensor analytics to fulfill the hype being given the IoT today.
Oct. 26, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,803
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential M2M Brand by Onalytica in the ‘Machine to Machine: Top 100 Influencers and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed the online debate on M2M by looking at over 85,000 tweets to provide the most influential individuals and brands that drive the discussion. According to Onalytica the "analysis showed a very engaged community with a lot of interactive tweets. The M2M discussion seems to be more fragmented and driven by some of the major brands present in the...
Oct. 26, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 11,521
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interface Masters Technologies, a leader in Network Visibility and Uptime Solutions, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Interface Masters Technologies is a leading vendor in the network monitoring and high speed networking markets. Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, Interface Masters' expertise lies in Gigabit, 10 Gigabit and 40 Gigabit Eth...
Oct. 26, 2016 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,395
As the world moves toward more DevOps and Microservices, application deployment to the cloud ought to become a lot simpler. The Microservices architecture, which is the basis of many new age distributed systems such as OpenStack, NetFlix and so on, is at the heart of Cloud Foundry - a complete developer-oriented Platform as a Service (PaaS) that is IaaS agnostic and supports vCloud, OpenStack and AWS. Serverless computing is revolutionizing computing. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Raghav...
Oct. 26, 2016 06:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,084
Fact: storage performance problems have only gotten more complicated, as applications not only have become largely virtualized, but also have moved to cloud-based infrastructures. Storage performance in virtualized environments isn’t just about IOPS anymore. Instead, you need to guarantee performance for individual VMs, helping applications maintain performance as the number of VMs continues to go up in real time. In his session at Cloud Expo, Dhiraj Sehgal, Product and Marketing at Tintri, wil...
Oct. 26, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,888
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Oct. 26, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,048
As software becomes more and more complex, we, as software developers, have been splitting up our code into smaller and smaller components. This is also true for the environment in which we run our code: going from bare metal, to VMs to the modern-day Cloud Native world of containers, schedulers and microservices. While we have figured out how to run containerized applications in the cloud using schedulers, we've yet to come up with a good solution to bridge the gap between getting your conta...
Oct. 26, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,553
If you had a chance to enter on the ground level of the largest e-commerce market in the world – would you? China is the world’s most populated country with the second largest economy and the world’s fastest growing market. It is estimated that by 2018 the Chinese market will be reaching over $30 billion in gaming revenue alone. Admittedly for a foreign company, doing business in China can be challenging. Often changing laws, administrative regulations and the often inscrutable Chinese Interne...
Oct. 26, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,422
Enterprise IT has been in the era of Hybrid Cloud for some time now. But it seems most conversations about Hybrid are focused on integrating AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google ECM into existing on-premises systems. Where is all the Private Cloud? What do technology providers need to do to make their offerings more compelling? How should enterprise IT executives and buyers define their focus, needs, and roadmap, and communicate that clearly to the providers?
Oct. 26, 2016 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,560
SYS-CON Events announced today that Streamlyzer will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Streamlyzer is a powerful analytics for video streaming service that enables video streaming providers to monitor and analyze QoE (Quality-of-Experience) from end-user devices in real time.
Oct. 26, 2016 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,047
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Oct. 26, 2016 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,025