|By Marketwired .||
|January 6, 2014 12:01 AM EST||
LAS VEGAS, NV -- (Marketwired) -- 01/06/14 -- HP (NYSE: HPQ) today announced sleek, powerful and space-saving all-in-one (AiO) PCs, including the company's first built-for-business Android AiO.
Today's evolving workforce is driven by employees seeking technology that allows them to stay connected to everything that matters. Whether checking work email or browsing Facebook, they demand an experience that is intuitive and simple to use.
HP's sleek, stylish portfolio of business AiO desktops has been enhanced with Android business apps,(1) efficient manageability tools and new security advancements that allow users to connect all of their information seamlessly without sacrificing business productivity.
- The HP Slate21 Pro AiO, HP's first commercial Android AiO, offers seamless integration with Android-based phones and tablets with autosyncing and Google Cloud Services. It also provides access to efficient manageability tools, security enhancements and apps available through the Google Play(1) app store.
- The HP ProOne 400 AiO G1 is a stylish, space-saving Windows®-based AiO business PC that delivers small and mid-sized businesses (SMBs) true value, along with essential security and productivity features, including an available touchscreen option.
- The HP 205 AiO is a Windows-based AiO business PC that is powerful enough to handle everyday workplace computing tasks while offering reliability and affordability.
- The HP Z1 G2 is the second generation of the world's first and only AiO workstation with a 27-inch diagonal display, now available with Windows 8 Touch and Intel® Thunderbolt 2(2) capabilities.
"HP's multi-OS approach showcases our innovation and allows us to deliver the right product for our customers' needs, giving them all the flexibility and ease of use they need from a business PC," said Enrique Lores, senior vice president and general manager, Commercial PCs, HP. "The HP AiO PCs announced today highlight how businesses of any size can increase employee productivity by leveraging the growing Android ecosystem, all while being budget friendly."
HP Slate21 Pro All-in-One: Plug in, turn on -- and get down to business
The Android-powered HP Slate21 Pro AiO is designed for productivity in office, education and kiosk environments. It features a 21.5-inch diagonal Full HD(3) IPS touch screen with wide 178-degree viewing angles, plus a comfortable and intuitive Android touch experience. Its stand design allows up to 70 degrees of adjustable recline and optional VESA mounting, making it flexible enough for a variety of work environments. The HP Slate21 Pro also packs the performance of Android 4.3, an NVIDIA® Tegra® 4 quad-core processor, 8.11 a/b/g/n dual band wireless,(4) Bluetooth® 4.0, integrated high-definition (HD) webcam and access to more than 1 million apps on Google Play,(1) providing the power business users need to keep moving forward.
The HP Slate21 Pro AiO delivers robust, familiar productivity with local and cloud-based productivity apps like Kingsoft Office Suite, Google Docs, Google Drive and 50 GB of Box(5) cloud storage at no additional cost. Certified Citrix ready and HDX verified, the business Android AiO also delivers a virtual workspace with secure data and Windows application support via Citrix Receiver,(6) allowing users to access apps without compromising security. Users also can toggle easily between the Android environment and content displayed from a Windows PC.
Plus, by using restricted profiles that are part of the security enhancements for Android, employees can further protect business data. Managing users and devices becomes simple and scalable with pre-installed Citrix XenMobile,(7) which allows companies to manage apps and secure the HP Slate21 within a corporate environment.
HP ProOne 400 All-in-One G1: The stylish, space-saving office productivity hub
The HP ProOne 400 G1 is a business PC designed to fit -- and look good -- in any workspace. The HP ProOne 400 AiO is available as a 21.5-inch touch version and a 19.5-inch non-touch version, so businesses can choose the device that best suits their space and user experience requirements. It can be easily mounted to the wall, an arm, a cart or other accessories with standard VESA mount(8) for maximum flexibility.
The HP ProOne 400 AiO is a connectivity hub, featuring a rich video- and audio-conferencing experience with an integrated Skype-ready webcam and microphone, business-class speakers and DTS Sound+ audio software. It also includes a DisplayPort for adding an external monitor and side USB 3.0 ports for additional accessory connections -- including one fast-charging USB port, which is ideal for quickly charging tablets or smart phones. Users can easily share their internet connection with up to five devices using HP Wireless Hotspot,(9) which means they can connect their smartphone or tablet or help colleagues get online and improve productivity.
A more intuitive Windows 8.1(10) experience and the powerful performance of the latest 4th generation Intel Core processors(11) allow businesses to get plenty of use out of the HP ProOne 400. The AiO is designed to meet the needs of tech-savvy SMB users, while integrating the features that IT managers need -- like HP BIOSphere(12) for easy configurability, manageability and security, and HP Trust Circles(13) for protecting business data.
HP 205 All-in-One: Stylishly affordable
The HP 205 AiO allows SMBs to meet daily demands affordably while enjoying a clear workspace and convenient features in a smart, sleek design. The HP 205 AiO features a wireless networking internal antenna for 802.11 Wi-Fi, enabling a tidy, cable-free experience,(3) as well as a high-gloss finish and conveniently located ports and connectors, making it ideal for customer-facing locations.
The HP ProOne 205 AiO features an 18.5-inch diagonal HD,(3) WLED-backlight antiglare display that tilts to allow for optimum placement, helping users create an ideal workspace or create a sleek customer experience. The built-in webcam(14) and array microphone allow for enhanced connection and communications, including instantly reviewing photos and video clips. With the power of AMD E-Series Dual-Core processors, employees get enhanced performance at a great price.(15) Plus, it's easy to set up and use -- just unpack, place, plug in and get to work.
Pricing and availability(16)
- The HP Slate21 Pro AiO is now available in the United States with a starting price of $399, including keyboard and mouse.
- The HP ProOne 400 AiO non-touch and touch are now available globally with respective starting prices of $649 and $799.
- The HP 205 AiO is available in select countries with a starting price of $449.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. With the broadest technology portfolio spanning printing, personal systems, software, services and IT infrastructure, HP delivers solutions for customers' most complex challenges in every region of the world. More information about HP is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) Internet access required. Apps may require purchase.
(2) Thunderbolt is new technology. Thunderbolt cable and Thunderbolt device (sold separately) must be compatible with Windows. To determine whether a device is Thunderbolt Certified for Windows, see https://thunderbolttechnology.net/products.
(3) HD content is required to view HD images.
(4) Wireless access point and internet service required.
(5) Requires Box registration. Offer subject to change without notice.
(6) Citrix Receiver is pre-installed and ready to be utilized for customers who have already purchased Citrix XenDesktop.
(7) Citrix Worx Home for Android is pre-installed and ready to be managed by Citrix XenMobile. Customers who have already purchased Citrix XenMobile can enroll immediately. A Citrix XenMobile trial is available though the Citrix icon on the HP Slate21 Pro home screen. Subscription service required after trial period ends.
(8) Sold separately or as an optional feature.
(9) The wireless hotspot application requires an active internet connection and separately purchased data plan. While HP wireless hotspot is active, on-device applications will continue to work and will use the same data plan as the wireless hotspot. Wireless hotspot data usage may incur additional charges. Check with service provider for plan details. Requires Windows 8.1 or HP Connection Manager for Windows 7.
(10) Not all features are available in all editions of Windows 8.1. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers and/or software to take full advantage of Windows 8.1 functionality. Details are available at www.microsoft.com.
(11) Multi-Core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. 64-bit computing on Intel architecture requires a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, operating system, device drivers and applications enabled for Intel 64 architecture. Processors will not operate (including 32-bit operation) without an Intel 64 architecture-enabled BIOS. Performance will vary depending on hardware and software configurations. Intel's numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
(12) HP BIOSphere features may vary depending on the PC platform and configuration.
(13) HP Trust Circles Standard, when included, allows up to five Trust Circles with up to five contacts in each Trust Circle. Optional Trust Circles Professional required for unrestricted number of Trust Circles and members contacts. Trust Circles Reader is available to allow a contact to participate in an invited Trust Circle. Requires Windows.
(14) Internet access required.
(15) This system requires 64-bit operating system and 64-bit software products to take advantage of the 64-bit processing capabilities of the AMD processor. Given the wide range of software applications available, performance of a system including a 64-bit operating system will vary. Multi Core is designed to improve performance of multithreaded software products and hardware-aware multitasking operating systems and may require appropriate operating system software for full benefit. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. This PC does not support the AMD over-clocking feature. AMD's numbering is not a measurement of clock speed.
(16) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary.
Google is a trademark of Google Inc. Microsoft and Windows are U.S. registered trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies. Bluetooth is a trademark owned by its proprietor and used by Hewlett-Packard Company under license. Intel, Core and Thunderbolt are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. AMD is a trademark of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include the need to address the many challenges facing HP's businesses; the competitive pressures faced by HP's businesses; risks associated with executing HP's strategy; the impact of macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the need to manage third party suppliers and the distribution of HP's products and services effectively; the protection of HP's intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; risks associated with HP's international operations; the development and transition of new products and services and the enhancement of existing products and services to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its suppliers, customers and partners; the hiring and retention of key employees; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the execution, timing and results of restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended April 30, 2013 and HP's other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including HP's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2012. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2014 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2488824
With the Apple Watch making its way onto wrists all over the world, it’s only a matter of time before it becomes a staple in the workplace. In fact, Forrester reported that 68 percent of technology and business decision-makers characterize wearables as a top priority for 2015. Recognizing their business value early on, FinancialForce.com was the first to bring ERP to wearables, helping streamline communication across front and back office functions. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kevin Roberts...
Feb. 13, 2016 11:15 PM EST Reads: 433
Cognitive Computing is becoming the foundation for a new generation of solutions that have the potential to transform business. Unlike traditional approaches to building solutions, a cognitive computing approach allows the data to help determine the way applications are designed. This contrasts with conventional software development that begins with defining logic based on the current way a business operates. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Judith S. Hurwitz, President and CEO of Hurwitz & ...
Feb. 13, 2016 11:15 PM EST Reads: 314
It's easy to assume that your app will run on a fast and reliable network. The reality for your app's users, though, is often a slow, unreliable network with spotty coverage. What happens when the network doesn't work, or when the device is in airplane mode? You get unhappy, frustrated users. An offline-first app is an app that works, without error, when there is no network connection.
Feb. 13, 2016 09:00 PM EST Reads: 257
Data-as-a-Service is the complete package for the transformation of raw data into meaningful data assets and the delivery of those data assets. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lakshmi Randall, an industry expert, analyst and strategist, will address: What is DaaS (Data-as-a-Service)? Challenges addressed by DaaS Vendors that are enabling DaaS Architecture options for DaaS
Feb. 13, 2016 08:45 PM EST Reads: 400
One of the bewildering things about DevOps is integrating the massive toolchain including the dozens of new tools that seem to crop up every year. Part of DevOps is Continuous Delivery and having a complex toolchain can add additional integration and setup to your developer environment. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, Miko Matsumura, Chief Marketing Officer of Gradle Inc., will discuss which tools to use in a developer stack, how to provision the toolchain to minimize onboa...
Feb. 13, 2016 08:00 PM EST Reads: 149
SYS-CON Events announced today that Catchpoint Systems, Inc., a provider of innovative web and infrastructure monitoring solutions, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's DevOps Summit at 18th Cloud Expo New York, which will take place June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Catchpoint is a leading Digital Performance Analytics company that provides unparalleled insight into customer-critical services to help consistently deliver an amazing customer experience. Designed...
Feb. 13, 2016 07:00 PM EST Reads: 418
With the proliferation of both SQL and NoSQL databases, organizations can now target specific fit-for-purpose database tools for their different application needs regarding scalability, ease of use, ACID support, etc. Platform as a Service offerings make this even easier now, enabling developers to roll out their own database infrastructure in minutes with minimal management overhead. However, this same amount of flexibility also comes with the challenges of picking the right tool, on the right ...
Feb. 13, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 206
CIOs and those charged with running IT Operations are challenged to deliver secure, audited, and reliable compute environments for the applications and data for the business. Behind the scenes these tasks are often accomplished by following onerous time-consuming processes and often the management of these environments and processes will be outsourced to multiple IT service providers. In addition, the division of work is often siloed into traditional "towers" that are not well integrated for cro...
Feb. 13, 2016 04:00 PM EST Reads: 513
SYS-CON Events announced today that FalconStor Software® Inc., a 15-year innovator of software-defined storage solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. FalconStor Software®, Inc. (NASDAQ: FALC) is a leading software-defined storage company offering a converged, hardware-agnostic, software-defined storage and data services platform. Its flagship solution FreeStor®, utilizes a horizonta...
Feb. 13, 2016 02:30 PM EST
With an estimated 50 billion devices connected to the Internet by 2020, several industries will begin to expand their capabilities for retaining end point data at the edge to better utilize the range of data types and sheer volume of M2M data generated by the Internet of Things. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Don DeLoach, CEO and President of Infobright, will discuss the infrastructures businesses will need to implement to handle this explosion of data by providing specific use cases for filte...
Feb. 13, 2016 02:00 PM EST Reads: 259
SYS-CON Events announced today that Avere Systems, a leading provider of enterprise storage for the hybrid cloud, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Avere delivers a more modern architectural approach to storage that doesn’t require the overprovisioning of storage capacity to achieve performance, overspending on expensive storage media for inactive data or the overbuilding of data centers ...
Feb. 13, 2016 01:30 PM EST Reads: 148
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pythian, a global IT services company specializing in helping companies adopt disruptive technologies to optimize revenue-generating systems, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Founded in 1997, Pythian is a global IT services company that helps companies compete by adopting disruptive technologies such as cloud, Big Data, advanced analytics, and DevO...
Feb. 13, 2016 01:30 PM EST Reads: 287
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management...
Feb. 13, 2016 12:45 PM EST Reads: 475
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 ad...
Feb. 13, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 454
The Quantified Economy represents the total global addressable market (TAM) for IoT that, according to a recent IDC report, will grow to an unprecedented $1.3 trillion by 2019. With this the third wave of the Internet-global proliferation of connected devices, appliances and sensors is poised to take off in 2016. In his session at @ThingsExpo, David McLauchlan, CEO and co-founder of Buddy Platform, will discuss how the ability to access and analyze the massive volume of streaming data from mil...
Feb. 13, 2016 12:00 PM EST