|By Marketwired .||
|January 6, 2014 12:01 AM EST||
LAS VEGAS, NV -- (Marketwired) -- 01/06/14 -- HP (NYSE: HPQ) today announced sleek, powerful and space-saving all-in-one (AiO) PCs, including the company's first built-for-business Android AiO.
Today's evolving workforce is driven by employees seeking technology that allows them to stay connected to everything that matters. Whether checking work email or browsing Facebook, they demand an experience that is intuitive and simple to use.
HP's sleek, stylish portfolio of business AiO desktops has been enhanced with Android business apps,(1) efficient manageability tools and new security advancements that allow users to connect all of their information seamlessly without sacrificing business productivity.
- The HP Slate21 Pro AiO, HP's first commercial Android AiO, offers seamless integration with Android-based phones and tablets with autosyncing and Google Cloud Services. It also provides access to efficient manageability tools, security enhancements and apps available through the Google Play(1) app store.
- The HP ProOne 400 AiO G1 is a stylish, space-saving Windows®-based AiO business PC that delivers small and mid-sized businesses (SMBs) true value, along with essential security and productivity features, including an available touchscreen option.
- The HP 205 AiO is a Windows-based AiO business PC that is powerful enough to handle everyday workplace computing tasks while offering reliability and affordability.
- The HP Z1 G2 is the second generation of the world's first and only AiO workstation with a 27-inch diagonal display, now available with Windows 8 Touch and Intel® Thunderbolt 2(2) capabilities.
"HP's multi-OS approach showcases our innovation and allows us to deliver the right product for our customers' needs, giving them all the flexibility and ease of use they need from a business PC," said Enrique Lores, senior vice president and general manager, Commercial PCs, HP. "The HP AiO PCs announced today highlight how businesses of any size can increase employee productivity by leveraging the growing Android ecosystem, all while being budget friendly."
HP Slate21 Pro All-in-One: Plug in, turn on -- and get down to business
The Android-powered HP Slate21 Pro AiO is designed for productivity in office, education and kiosk environments. It features a 21.5-inch diagonal Full HD(3) IPS touch screen with wide 178-degree viewing angles, plus a comfortable and intuitive Android touch experience. Its stand design allows up to 70 degrees of adjustable recline and optional VESA mounting, making it flexible enough for a variety of work environments. The HP Slate21 Pro also packs the performance of Android 4.3, an NVIDIA® Tegra® 4 quad-core processor, 8.11 a/b/g/n dual band wireless,(4) Bluetooth® 4.0, integrated high-definition (HD) webcam and access to more than 1 million apps on Google Play,(1) providing the power business users need to keep moving forward.
The HP Slate21 Pro AiO delivers robust, familiar productivity with local and cloud-based productivity apps like Kingsoft Office Suite, Google Docs, Google Drive and 50 GB of Box(5) cloud storage at no additional cost. Certified Citrix ready and HDX verified, the business Android AiO also delivers a virtual workspace with secure data and Windows application support via Citrix Receiver,(6) allowing users to access apps without compromising security. Users also can toggle easily between the Android environment and content displayed from a Windows PC.
Plus, by using restricted profiles that are part of the security enhancements for Android, employees can further protect business data. Managing users and devices becomes simple and scalable with pre-installed Citrix XenMobile,(7) which allows companies to manage apps and secure the HP Slate21 within a corporate environment.
HP ProOne 400 All-in-One G1: The stylish, space-saving office productivity hub
The HP ProOne 400 G1 is a business PC designed to fit -- and look good -- in any workspace. The HP ProOne 400 AiO is available as a 21.5-inch touch version and a 19.5-inch non-touch version, so businesses can choose the device that best suits their space and user experience requirements. It can be easily mounted to the wall, an arm, a cart or other accessories with standard VESA mount(8) for maximum flexibility.
The HP ProOne 400 AiO is a connectivity hub, featuring a rich video- and audio-conferencing experience with an integrated Skype-ready webcam and microphone, business-class speakers and DTS Sound+ audio software. It also includes a DisplayPort for adding an external monitor and side USB 3.0 ports for additional accessory connections -- including one fast-charging USB port, which is ideal for quickly charging tablets or smart phones. Users can easily share their internet connection with up to five devices using HP Wireless Hotspot,(9) which means they can connect their smartphone or tablet or help colleagues get online and improve productivity.
A more intuitive Windows 8.1(10) experience and the powerful performance of the latest 4th generation Intel Core processors(11) allow businesses to get plenty of use out of the HP ProOne 400. The AiO is designed to meet the needs of tech-savvy SMB users, while integrating the features that IT managers need -- like HP BIOSphere(12) for easy configurability, manageability and security, and HP Trust Circles(13) for protecting business data.
HP 205 All-in-One: Stylishly affordable
The HP 205 AiO allows SMBs to meet daily demands affordably while enjoying a clear workspace and convenient features in a smart, sleek design. The HP 205 AiO features a wireless networking internal antenna for 802.11 Wi-Fi, enabling a tidy, cable-free experience,(3) as well as a high-gloss finish and conveniently located ports and connectors, making it ideal for customer-facing locations.
The HP ProOne 205 AiO features an 18.5-inch diagonal HD,(3) WLED-backlight antiglare display that tilts to allow for optimum placement, helping users create an ideal workspace or create a sleek customer experience. The built-in webcam(14) and array microphone allow for enhanced connection and communications, including instantly reviewing photos and video clips. With the power of AMD E-Series Dual-Core processors, employees get enhanced performance at a great price.(15) Plus, it's easy to set up and use -- just unpack, place, plug in and get to work.
Pricing and availability(16)
- The HP Slate21 Pro AiO is now available in the United States with a starting price of $399, including keyboard and mouse.
- The HP ProOne 400 AiO non-touch and touch are now available globally with respective starting prices of $649 and $799.
- The HP 205 AiO is available in select countries with a starting price of $449.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. With the broadest technology portfolio spanning printing, personal systems, software, services and IT infrastructure, HP delivers solutions for customers' most complex challenges in every region of the world. More information about HP is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) Internet access required. Apps may require purchase.
(2) Thunderbolt is new technology. Thunderbolt cable and Thunderbolt device (sold separately) must be compatible with Windows. To determine whether a device is Thunderbolt Certified for Windows, see https://thunderbolttechnology.net/products.
(3) HD content is required to view HD images.
(4) Wireless access point and internet service required.
(5) Requires Box registration. Offer subject to change without notice.
(6) Citrix Receiver is pre-installed and ready to be utilized for customers who have already purchased Citrix XenDesktop.
(7) Citrix Worx Home for Android is pre-installed and ready to be managed by Citrix XenMobile. Customers who have already purchased Citrix XenMobile can enroll immediately. A Citrix XenMobile trial is available though the Citrix icon on the HP Slate21 Pro home screen. Subscription service required after trial period ends.
(8) Sold separately or as an optional feature.
(9) The wireless hotspot application requires an active internet connection and separately purchased data plan. While HP wireless hotspot is active, on-device applications will continue to work and will use the same data plan as the wireless hotspot. Wireless hotspot data usage may incur additional charges. Check with service provider for plan details. Requires Windows 8.1 or HP Connection Manager for Windows 7.
(10) Not all features are available in all editions of Windows 8.1. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers and/or software to take full advantage of Windows 8.1 functionality. Details are available at www.microsoft.com.
(11) Multi-Core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. 64-bit computing on Intel architecture requires a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, operating system, device drivers and applications enabled for Intel 64 architecture. Processors will not operate (including 32-bit operation) without an Intel 64 architecture-enabled BIOS. Performance will vary depending on hardware and software configurations. Intel's numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
(12) HP BIOSphere features may vary depending on the PC platform and configuration.
(13) HP Trust Circles Standard, when included, allows up to five Trust Circles with up to five contacts in each Trust Circle. Optional Trust Circles Professional required for unrestricted number of Trust Circles and members contacts. Trust Circles Reader is available to allow a contact to participate in an invited Trust Circle. Requires Windows.
(14) Internet access required.
(15) This system requires 64-bit operating system and 64-bit software products to take advantage of the 64-bit processing capabilities of the AMD processor. Given the wide range of software applications available, performance of a system including a 64-bit operating system will vary. Multi Core is designed to improve performance of multithreaded software products and hardware-aware multitasking operating systems and may require appropriate operating system software for full benefit. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. This PC does not support the AMD over-clocking feature. AMD's numbering is not a measurement of clock speed.
(16) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary.
Google is a trademark of Google Inc. Microsoft and Windows are U.S. registered trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies. Bluetooth is a trademark owned by its proprietor and used by Hewlett-Packard Company under license. Intel, Core and Thunderbolt are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. AMD is a trademark of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include the need to address the many challenges facing HP's businesses; the competitive pressures faced by HP's businesses; risks associated with executing HP's strategy; the impact of macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the need to manage third party suppliers and the distribution of HP's products and services effectively; the protection of HP's intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; risks associated with HP's international operations; the development and transition of new products and services and the enhancement of existing products and services to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its suppliers, customers and partners; the hiring and retention of key employees; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the execution, timing and results of restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended April 30, 2013 and HP's other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including HP's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2012. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2014 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2488824
Artificial Intelligence has the potential to massively disrupt IoT. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, AJ Abdallat, CEO of Beyond AI, will discuss what the five main drivers are in Artificial Intelligence that could shape the future of the Internet of Things. AJ Abdallat is CEO of Beyond AI. He has over 20 years of management experience in the fields of artificial intelligence, sensors, instruments, devices and software for telecommunications, life sciences, environmental monitoring, process...
May. 5, 2016 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,498
In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Sagi Brody, Chief Technology Officer at Webair Internet Development Inc., will focus on real world deployments of DDoS mitigation strategies in every layer of the network. He will give an overview of methods to prevent these attacks and best practices on how to provide protection in complex cloud platforms. He will also outline what we have found in our experience managing and running thousands of Linux and Unix managed service platforms and what specifically c...
May. 5, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,375
Increasing IoT connectivity is forcing enterprises to find elegant solutions to organize and visualize all incoming data from these connected devices with re-configurable dashboard widgets to effectively allow rapid decision-making for everything from immediate actions in tactical situations to strategic analysis and reporting. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Shikhir Singh, Senior Developer Relations Manager at Sencha, will discuss how to create HTML5 dashboards that interact with IoT devic...
May. 5, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,470
The IoTs will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and share the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the development proc...
May. 5, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,038
We’ve worked with dozens of early adopters across numerous industries and will debunk common misperceptions, which starts with understanding that many of the connected products we’ll use over the next 5 years are already products, they’re just not yet connected. With an IoT product, time-in-market provides much more essential feedback than ever before. Innovation comes from what you do with the data that the connected product provides in order to enhance the customer experience and optimize busi...
May. 5, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,368
Many private cloud projects were built to deliver self-service access to development and test resources. While those clouds delivered faster access to resources, they lacked visibility, control and security needed for production deployments. In their session at 18th Cloud Expo, Steve Anderson, Product Manager at BMC Software, and Rick Lefort, Principal Technical Marketing Consultant at BMC Software, will discuss how a cloud designed for production operations not only helps accelerate developer...
May. 5, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,369
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
May. 5, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,272
A critical component of any IoT project is the back-end systems that capture data from remote IoT devices and structure it in a way to answer useful questions. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle large data sets, but they are not well suited to many IoT-scale products and the need for real-time insights. At Fuze, we have developed a backend platform as part of our mobility-oriented cloud service that uses Big Data-based approache...
May. 5, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 771
Peak 10, Inc., has announced the implementation of IT service management, a business process alignment initiative based on the widely adopted Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework. The implementation of IT service management enhances Peak 10’s current service-minded approach to IT delivery by propelling the company to deliver higher levels of personalized and prompt service. The majority of Peak 10’s operations employees have been trained and certified in the ITIL frame...
May. 5, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,188
trust and privacy in their ecosystem. Assurance and protection of device identity, secure data encryption and authentication are the key security challenges organizations are trying to address when integrating IoT devices. This holds true for IoT applications in a wide range of industries, for example, healthcare, consumer devices, and manufacturing. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lancen LaChance, vice president of product management, IoT solutions at GlobalSign, will teach IoT developers how t...
May. 5, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 732
As the rapid adoption of containers continues, companies are finding that they lack the operational tools to understand the behavior of applications deployed in these containers, and how to identify issues in their application infrastructure. For example, how are multiple containers within an application impacting each other’s performance? If an application’s service is degraded, which container is to blame? In the case of an application outage, what was the root cause of the outage?
May. 5, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,182
Digital payments using wearable devices such as smart watches, fitness trackers, and payment wristbands are an increasing area of focus for industry participants, and consumer acceptance from early trials and deployments has encouraged some of the biggest names in technology and banking to continue their push to drive growth in this nascent market. Wearable payment systems may utilize near field communication (NFC), radio frequency identification (RFID), or quick response (QR) codes and barcodes...
May. 5, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,065
SYS-CON Events announced today that CollabNet (www.collabnet.com) a global leader in enterprise software development and delivery solutions that help customers create high-quality applications at speed, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. The CEO of CollabNet Flint Brenton will also present about DevOps challenges in today’s global, open, and heterogeneous world of software development.
May. 5, 2016 02:39 PM EDT Reads: 322
SYS-CON Events announced today that Peak 10, Inc., a national IT infrastructure and cloud services provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Peak 10 provides reliable, tailored data center and network services, cloud and managed services. Its solutions are designed to scale and adapt to customers’ changing business needs, enabling them to lower costs, improve performance and focus inter...
May. 5, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,488
Much of the value of DevOps comes from a (renewed) focus on measurement, sharing, and continuous feedback loops. In increasingly complex DevOps workflows and environments, and especially in larger, regulated, or more crystallized organizations, these core concepts become even more critical. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, Andi Mann, Chief Technology Advocate at Splunk, will show how, by focusing on 'metrics that matter,' you can provide objective, transparent, and meaningfu...
May. 5, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,209