|By Marketwired .||
|January 6, 2014 12:01 AM EST||
LAS VEGAS, NV -- (Marketwired) -- 01/06/14 -- HP (NYSE: HPQ) today announced sleek, powerful and space-saving all-in-one (AiO) PCs, including the company's first built-for-business Android AiO.
Today's evolving workforce is driven by employees seeking technology that allows them to stay connected to everything that matters. Whether checking work email or browsing Facebook, they demand an experience that is intuitive and simple to use.
HP's sleek, stylish portfolio of business AiO desktops has been enhanced with Android business apps,(1) efficient manageability tools and new security advancements that allow users to connect all of their information seamlessly without sacrificing business productivity.
- The HP Slate21 Pro AiO, HP's first commercial Android AiO, offers seamless integration with Android-based phones and tablets with autosyncing and Google Cloud Services. It also provides access to efficient manageability tools, security enhancements and apps available through the Google Play(1) app store.
- The HP ProOne 400 AiO G1 is a stylish, space-saving Windows®-based AiO business PC that delivers small and mid-sized businesses (SMBs) true value, along with essential security and productivity features, including an available touchscreen option.
- The HP 205 AiO is a Windows-based AiO business PC that is powerful enough to handle everyday workplace computing tasks while offering reliability and affordability.
- The HP Z1 G2 is the second generation of the world's first and only AiO workstation with a 27-inch diagonal display, now available with Windows 8 Touch and Intel® Thunderbolt 2(2) capabilities.
"HP's multi-OS approach showcases our innovation and allows us to deliver the right product for our customers' needs, giving them all the flexibility and ease of use they need from a business PC," said Enrique Lores, senior vice president and general manager, Commercial PCs, HP. "The HP AiO PCs announced today highlight how businesses of any size can increase employee productivity by leveraging the growing Android ecosystem, all while being budget friendly."
HP Slate21 Pro All-in-One: Plug in, turn on -- and get down to business
The Android-powered HP Slate21 Pro AiO is designed for productivity in office, education and kiosk environments. It features a 21.5-inch diagonal Full HD(3) IPS touch screen with wide 178-degree viewing angles, plus a comfortable and intuitive Android touch experience. Its stand design allows up to 70 degrees of adjustable recline and optional VESA mounting, making it flexible enough for a variety of work environments. The HP Slate21 Pro also packs the performance of Android 4.3, an NVIDIA® Tegra® 4 quad-core processor, 8.11 a/b/g/n dual band wireless,(4) Bluetooth® 4.0, integrated high-definition (HD) webcam and access to more than 1 million apps on Google Play,(1) providing the power business users need to keep moving forward.
The HP Slate21 Pro AiO delivers robust, familiar productivity with local and cloud-based productivity apps like Kingsoft Office Suite, Google Docs, Google Drive and 50 GB of Box(5) cloud storage at no additional cost. Certified Citrix ready and HDX verified, the business Android AiO also delivers a virtual workspace with secure data and Windows application support via Citrix Receiver,(6) allowing users to access apps without compromising security. Users also can toggle easily between the Android environment and content displayed from a Windows PC.
Plus, by using restricted profiles that are part of the security enhancements for Android, employees can further protect business data. Managing users and devices becomes simple and scalable with pre-installed Citrix XenMobile,(7) which allows companies to manage apps and secure the HP Slate21 within a corporate environment.
HP ProOne 400 All-in-One G1: The stylish, space-saving office productivity hub
The HP ProOne 400 G1 is a business PC designed to fit -- and look good -- in any workspace. The HP ProOne 400 AiO is available as a 21.5-inch touch version and a 19.5-inch non-touch version, so businesses can choose the device that best suits their space and user experience requirements. It can be easily mounted to the wall, an arm, a cart or other accessories with standard VESA mount(8) for maximum flexibility.
The HP ProOne 400 AiO is a connectivity hub, featuring a rich video- and audio-conferencing experience with an integrated Skype-ready webcam and microphone, business-class speakers and DTS Sound+ audio software. It also includes a DisplayPort for adding an external monitor and side USB 3.0 ports for additional accessory connections -- including one fast-charging USB port, which is ideal for quickly charging tablets or smart phones. Users can easily share their internet connection with up to five devices using HP Wireless Hotspot,(9) which means they can connect their smartphone or tablet or help colleagues get online and improve productivity.
A more intuitive Windows 8.1(10) experience and the powerful performance of the latest 4th generation Intel Core processors(11) allow businesses to get plenty of use out of the HP ProOne 400. The AiO is designed to meet the needs of tech-savvy SMB users, while integrating the features that IT managers need -- like HP BIOSphere(12) for easy configurability, manageability and security, and HP Trust Circles(13) for protecting business data.
HP 205 All-in-One: Stylishly affordable
The HP 205 AiO allows SMBs to meet daily demands affordably while enjoying a clear workspace and convenient features in a smart, sleek design. The HP 205 AiO features a wireless networking internal antenna for 802.11 Wi-Fi, enabling a tidy, cable-free experience,(3) as well as a high-gloss finish and conveniently located ports and connectors, making it ideal for customer-facing locations.
The HP ProOne 205 AiO features an 18.5-inch diagonal HD,(3) WLED-backlight antiglare display that tilts to allow for optimum placement, helping users create an ideal workspace or create a sleek customer experience. The built-in webcam(14) and array microphone allow for enhanced connection and communications, including instantly reviewing photos and video clips. With the power of AMD E-Series Dual-Core processors, employees get enhanced performance at a great price.(15) Plus, it's easy to set up and use -- just unpack, place, plug in and get to work.
Pricing and availability(16)
- The HP Slate21 Pro AiO is now available in the United States with a starting price of $399, including keyboard and mouse.
- The HP ProOne 400 AiO non-touch and touch are now available globally with respective starting prices of $649 and $799.
- The HP 205 AiO is available in select countries with a starting price of $449.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. With the broadest technology portfolio spanning printing, personal systems, software, services and IT infrastructure, HP delivers solutions for customers' most complex challenges in every region of the world. More information about HP is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) Internet access required. Apps may require purchase.
(2) Thunderbolt is new technology. Thunderbolt cable and Thunderbolt device (sold separately) must be compatible with Windows. To determine whether a device is Thunderbolt Certified for Windows, see https://thunderbolttechnology.net/products.
(3) HD content is required to view HD images.
(4) Wireless access point and internet service required.
(5) Requires Box registration. Offer subject to change without notice.
(6) Citrix Receiver is pre-installed and ready to be utilized for customers who have already purchased Citrix XenDesktop.
(7) Citrix Worx Home for Android is pre-installed and ready to be managed by Citrix XenMobile. Customers who have already purchased Citrix XenMobile can enroll immediately. A Citrix XenMobile trial is available though the Citrix icon on the HP Slate21 Pro home screen. Subscription service required after trial period ends.
(8) Sold separately or as an optional feature.
(9) The wireless hotspot application requires an active internet connection and separately purchased data plan. While HP wireless hotspot is active, on-device applications will continue to work and will use the same data plan as the wireless hotspot. Wireless hotspot data usage may incur additional charges. Check with service provider for plan details. Requires Windows 8.1 or HP Connection Manager for Windows 7.
(10) Not all features are available in all editions of Windows 8.1. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers and/or software to take full advantage of Windows 8.1 functionality. Details are available at www.microsoft.com.
(11) Multi-Core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. 64-bit computing on Intel architecture requires a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, operating system, device drivers and applications enabled for Intel 64 architecture. Processors will not operate (including 32-bit operation) without an Intel 64 architecture-enabled BIOS. Performance will vary depending on hardware and software configurations. Intel's numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
(12) HP BIOSphere features may vary depending on the PC platform and configuration.
(13) HP Trust Circles Standard, when included, allows up to five Trust Circles with up to five contacts in each Trust Circle. Optional Trust Circles Professional required for unrestricted number of Trust Circles and members contacts. Trust Circles Reader is available to allow a contact to participate in an invited Trust Circle. Requires Windows.
(14) Internet access required.
(15) This system requires 64-bit operating system and 64-bit software products to take advantage of the 64-bit processing capabilities of the AMD processor. Given the wide range of software applications available, performance of a system including a 64-bit operating system will vary. Multi Core is designed to improve performance of multithreaded software products and hardware-aware multitasking operating systems and may require appropriate operating system software for full benefit. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. This PC does not support the AMD over-clocking feature. AMD's numbering is not a measurement of clock speed.
(16) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary.
Google is a trademark of Google Inc. Microsoft and Windows are U.S. registered trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies. Bluetooth is a trademark owned by its proprietor and used by Hewlett-Packard Company under license. Intel, Core and Thunderbolt are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. AMD is a trademark of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include the need to address the many challenges facing HP's businesses; the competitive pressures faced by HP's businesses; risks associated with executing HP's strategy; the impact of macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the need to manage third party suppliers and the distribution of HP's products and services effectively; the protection of HP's intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; risks associated with HP's international operations; the development and transition of new products and services and the enhancement of existing products and services to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its suppliers, customers and partners; the hiring and retention of key employees; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the execution, timing and results of restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended April 30, 2013 and HP's other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including HP's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2012. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2014 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2488824
SYS-CON Events announced today that CollabNet, a global leader in enterprise software development, release automation and DevOps solutions, will be a Bronze Sponsor of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, taking place from June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. CollabNet offers a broad range of solutions with the mission of helping modern organizations deliver quality software at speed. The company’s latest innovation, the DevOps Lifecycle Manager (DLM), supports Value S...
Apr. 28, 2017 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,167
SYS-CON Events announced today that Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), an industry leader in automated, scalable and secure networks, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Juniper Networks challenges the status quo with products, solutions and services that transform the economics of networking. The company co-innovates with customers and partners to deliver automated, scalable and secure network...
Apr. 28, 2017 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,544
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Apr. 28, 2017 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,546
Five years ago development was seen as a dead-end career, now it’s anything but – with an explosion in mobile and IoT initiatives increasing the demand for skilled engineers. But apart from having a ready supply of great coders, what constitutes true ‘DevOps Royalty’? It’ll be the ability to craft resilient architectures, supportability, security everywhere across the software lifecycle. In his keynote at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Jeffrey Scheaffer, GM and SVP, Continuous Delivery Busine...
Apr. 28, 2017 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,101
SYS-CON Events announced today that Hitachi, the leading provider the Internet of Things and Digital Transformation, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Hitachi Data Systems, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., offers an integrated portfolio of services and solutions that enable digital transformation through enhanced data management, governance, mobility and analytics. We help globa...
Apr. 28, 2017 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,395
SYS-CON Events announced today that T-Mobile will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc., is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The Company's advanced nationwide 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences to 67.4 million customers who are unwilling to compromise on ...
Apr. 28, 2017 06:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,285
In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Scott Davis, CTO of Embotics, will discuss how automation can provide the dynamic management required to cost-effectively deliver microservices and container solutions at scale. He will discuss how flexible automation is the key to effectively bridging and seamlessly coordinating both IT and developer needs for component orchestration across disparate clouds – an increasingly important requirement at today’s multi-cloud enterprise.
Apr. 28, 2017 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,404
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in compute, storage and networking technologies, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology, is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/...
Apr. 28, 2017 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,382
Everyone wants to use containers, but monitoring containers is hard. New ephemeral architecture introduces new challenges in how monitoring tools need to monitor and visualize containers, so your team can make sense of everything. In his session at @DevOpsSummit, David Gildeh, co-founder and CEO of Outlyer, will go through the challenges and show there is light at the end of the tunnel if you use the right tools and understand what you need to be monitoring to successfully use containers in your...
Apr. 28, 2017 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,184
With billions of sensors deployed worldwide, the amount of machine-generated data will soon exceed what our networks can handle. But consumers and businesses will expect seamless experiences and real-time responsiveness. What does this mean for IoT devices and the infrastructure that supports them? More of the data will need to be handled at - or closer to - the devices themselves.
Apr. 28, 2017 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 921
SYS-CON Events announced today that DatacenterDynamics has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. DatacenterDynamics is a brand of DCD Group, a global B2B media and publishing company that develops products to help senior professionals in the world's most ICT dependent organizations make risk-based infrastructure and capacity decisions.
Apr. 28, 2017 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 6,257
All organizations that did not originate this moment have a pre-existing culture as well as legacy technology and processes that can be more or less amenable to DevOps implementation. That organizational culture is influenced by the personalities and management styles of Executive Management, the wider culture in which the organization is situated, and the personalities of key team members at all levels of the organization. This culture and entrenched interests usually throw a wrench in the work...
Apr. 28, 2017 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 801
NHK, Japan Broadcasting, will feature the upcoming @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley in a special 'Internet of Things' and smart technology documentary that will be filmed on the expo floor between November 3 to 5, 2015, in Santa Clara. NHK is the sole public TV network in Japan equivalent to the BBC in the UK and the largest in Asia with many award-winning science and technology programs. Japanese TV is producing a documentary about IoT and Smart technology and will be covering @ThingsExpo Silicon Val...
Apr. 28, 2017 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 9,273
Keeping pace with advancements in software delivery processes and tooling is taxing even for the most proficient organizations. Point tools, platforms, open source and the increasing adoption of private and public cloud services requires strong engineering rigor – all in the face of developer demands to use the tools of choice. As Agile has settled in as a mainstream practice, now DevOps has emerged as the next wave to improve software delivery speed and output. To make DevOps work, organization...
Apr. 28, 2017 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 8,981
The explosion of new web/cloud/IoT-based applications and the data they generate are transforming our world right before our eyes. In this rush to adopt these new technologies, organizations are often ignoring fundamental questions concerning who owns the data and failing to ask for permission to conduct invasive surveillance of their customers. Organizations that are not transparent about how their systems gather data telemetry without offering shared data ownership risk product rejection, regu...
Apr. 28, 2017 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,694