|By Marketwired .||
|January 6, 2014 12:01 AM EST||
LAS VEGAS, NV -- (Marketwired) -- 01/06/14 -- HP (NYSE: HPQ) today announced sleek, powerful and space-saving all-in-one (AiO) PCs, including the company's first built-for-business Android AiO.
Today's evolving workforce is driven by employees seeking technology that allows them to stay connected to everything that matters. Whether checking work email or browsing Facebook, they demand an experience that is intuitive and simple to use.
HP's sleek, stylish portfolio of business AiO desktops has been enhanced with Android business apps,(1) efficient manageability tools and new security advancements that allow users to connect all of their information seamlessly without sacrificing business productivity.
- The HP Slate21 Pro AiO, HP's first commercial Android AiO, offers seamless integration with Android-based phones and tablets with autosyncing and Google Cloud Services. It also provides access to efficient manageability tools, security enhancements and apps available through the Google Play(1) app store.
- The HP ProOne 400 AiO G1 is a stylish, space-saving Windows®-based AiO business PC that delivers small and mid-sized businesses (SMBs) true value, along with essential security and productivity features, including an available touchscreen option.
- The HP 205 AiO is a Windows-based AiO business PC that is powerful enough to handle everyday workplace computing tasks while offering reliability and affordability.
- The HP Z1 G2 is the second generation of the world's first and only AiO workstation with a 27-inch diagonal display, now available with Windows 8 Touch and Intel® Thunderbolt 2(2) capabilities.
"HP's multi-OS approach showcases our innovation and allows us to deliver the right product for our customers' needs, giving them all the flexibility and ease of use they need from a business PC," said Enrique Lores, senior vice president and general manager, Commercial PCs, HP. "The HP AiO PCs announced today highlight how businesses of any size can increase employee productivity by leveraging the growing Android ecosystem, all while being budget friendly."
HP Slate21 Pro All-in-One: Plug in, turn on -- and get down to business
The Android-powered HP Slate21 Pro AiO is designed for productivity in office, education and kiosk environments. It features a 21.5-inch diagonal Full HD(3) IPS touch screen with wide 178-degree viewing angles, plus a comfortable and intuitive Android touch experience. Its stand design allows up to 70 degrees of adjustable recline and optional VESA mounting, making it flexible enough for a variety of work environments. The HP Slate21 Pro also packs the performance of Android 4.3, an NVIDIA® Tegra® 4 quad-core processor, 8.11 a/b/g/n dual band wireless,(4) Bluetooth® 4.0, integrated high-definition (HD) webcam and access to more than 1 million apps on Google Play,(1) providing the power business users need to keep moving forward.
The HP Slate21 Pro AiO delivers robust, familiar productivity with local and cloud-based productivity apps like Kingsoft Office Suite, Google Docs, Google Drive and 50 GB of Box(5) cloud storage at no additional cost. Certified Citrix ready and HDX verified, the business Android AiO also delivers a virtual workspace with secure data and Windows application support via Citrix Receiver,(6) allowing users to access apps without compromising security. Users also can toggle easily between the Android environment and content displayed from a Windows PC.
Plus, by using restricted profiles that are part of the security enhancements for Android, employees can further protect business data. Managing users and devices becomes simple and scalable with pre-installed Citrix XenMobile,(7) which allows companies to manage apps and secure the HP Slate21 within a corporate environment.
HP ProOne 400 All-in-One G1: The stylish, space-saving office productivity hub
The HP ProOne 400 G1 is a business PC designed to fit -- and look good -- in any workspace. The HP ProOne 400 AiO is available as a 21.5-inch touch version and a 19.5-inch non-touch version, so businesses can choose the device that best suits their space and user experience requirements. It can be easily mounted to the wall, an arm, a cart or other accessories with standard VESA mount(8) for maximum flexibility.
The HP ProOne 400 AiO is a connectivity hub, featuring a rich video- and audio-conferencing experience with an integrated Skype-ready webcam and microphone, business-class speakers and DTS Sound+ audio software. It also includes a DisplayPort for adding an external monitor and side USB 3.0 ports for additional accessory connections -- including one fast-charging USB port, which is ideal for quickly charging tablets or smart phones. Users can easily share their internet connection with up to five devices using HP Wireless Hotspot,(9) which means they can connect their smartphone or tablet or help colleagues get online and improve productivity.
A more intuitive Windows 8.1(10) experience and the powerful performance of the latest 4th generation Intel Core processors(11) allow businesses to get plenty of use out of the HP ProOne 400. The AiO is designed to meet the needs of tech-savvy SMB users, while integrating the features that IT managers need -- like HP BIOSphere(12) for easy configurability, manageability and security, and HP Trust Circles(13) for protecting business data.
HP 205 All-in-One: Stylishly affordable
The HP 205 AiO allows SMBs to meet daily demands affordably while enjoying a clear workspace and convenient features in a smart, sleek design. The HP 205 AiO features a wireless networking internal antenna for 802.11 Wi-Fi, enabling a tidy, cable-free experience,(3) as well as a high-gloss finish and conveniently located ports and connectors, making it ideal for customer-facing locations.
The HP ProOne 205 AiO features an 18.5-inch diagonal HD,(3) WLED-backlight antiglare display that tilts to allow for optimum placement, helping users create an ideal workspace or create a sleek customer experience. The built-in webcam(14) and array microphone allow for enhanced connection and communications, including instantly reviewing photos and video clips. With the power of AMD E-Series Dual-Core processors, employees get enhanced performance at a great price.(15) Plus, it's easy to set up and use -- just unpack, place, plug in and get to work.
Pricing and availability(16)
- The HP Slate21 Pro AiO is now available in the United States with a starting price of $399, including keyboard and mouse.
- The HP ProOne 400 AiO non-touch and touch are now available globally with respective starting prices of $649 and $799.
- The HP 205 AiO is available in select countries with a starting price of $449.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. With the broadest technology portfolio spanning printing, personal systems, software, services and IT infrastructure, HP delivers solutions for customers' most complex challenges in every region of the world. More information about HP is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) Internet access required. Apps may require purchase.
(2) Thunderbolt is new technology. Thunderbolt cable and Thunderbolt device (sold separately) must be compatible with Windows. To determine whether a device is Thunderbolt Certified for Windows, see https://thunderbolttechnology.net/products.
(3) HD content is required to view HD images.
(4) Wireless access point and internet service required.
(5) Requires Box registration. Offer subject to change without notice.
(6) Citrix Receiver is pre-installed and ready to be utilized for customers who have already purchased Citrix XenDesktop.
(7) Citrix Worx Home for Android is pre-installed and ready to be managed by Citrix XenMobile. Customers who have already purchased Citrix XenMobile can enroll immediately. A Citrix XenMobile trial is available though the Citrix icon on the HP Slate21 Pro home screen. Subscription service required after trial period ends.
(8) Sold separately or as an optional feature.
(9) The wireless hotspot application requires an active internet connection and separately purchased data plan. While HP wireless hotspot is active, on-device applications will continue to work and will use the same data plan as the wireless hotspot. Wireless hotspot data usage may incur additional charges. Check with service provider for plan details. Requires Windows 8.1 or HP Connection Manager for Windows 7.
(10) Not all features are available in all editions of Windows 8.1. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers and/or software to take full advantage of Windows 8.1 functionality. Details are available at www.microsoft.com.
(11) Multi-Core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. 64-bit computing on Intel architecture requires a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, operating system, device drivers and applications enabled for Intel 64 architecture. Processors will not operate (including 32-bit operation) without an Intel 64 architecture-enabled BIOS. Performance will vary depending on hardware and software configurations. Intel's numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
(12) HP BIOSphere features may vary depending on the PC platform and configuration.
(13) HP Trust Circles Standard, when included, allows up to five Trust Circles with up to five contacts in each Trust Circle. Optional Trust Circles Professional required for unrestricted number of Trust Circles and members contacts. Trust Circles Reader is available to allow a contact to participate in an invited Trust Circle. Requires Windows.
(14) Internet access required.
(15) This system requires 64-bit operating system and 64-bit software products to take advantage of the 64-bit processing capabilities of the AMD processor. Given the wide range of software applications available, performance of a system including a 64-bit operating system will vary. Multi Core is designed to improve performance of multithreaded software products and hardware-aware multitasking operating systems and may require appropriate operating system software for full benefit. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. This PC does not support the AMD over-clocking feature. AMD's numbering is not a measurement of clock speed.
(16) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary.
Google is a trademark of Google Inc. Microsoft and Windows are U.S. registered trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies. Bluetooth is a trademark owned by its proprietor and used by Hewlett-Packard Company under license. Intel, Core and Thunderbolt are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. AMD is a trademark of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include the need to address the many challenges facing HP's businesses; the competitive pressures faced by HP's businesses; risks associated with executing HP's strategy; the impact of macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the need to manage third party suppliers and the distribution of HP's products and services effectively; the protection of HP's intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; risks associated with HP's international operations; the development and transition of new products and services and the enhancement of existing products and services to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its suppliers, customers and partners; the hiring and retention of key employees; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the execution, timing and results of restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended April 30, 2013 and HP's other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including HP's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2012. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2014 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2488824
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Sep. 30, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,661
Video experiences should be unique and exciting! But that doesn’t mean you need to patch all the pieces yourself. Users demand rich and engaging experiences and new ways to connect with you. But creating robust video applications at scale can be complicated, time-consuming and expensive. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Zohar Babin, Vice President of Platform, Ecosystem and Community at Kaltura, will discuss how VPaaS enables you to move fast, creating scalable video experiences that reach your ...
Sep. 30, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,221
SYS-CON Events announced today that Bsquare has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For more than two decades, Bsquare has helped its customers extract business value from a broad array of physical assets by making them intelligent, connecting them, and using the data they generate to optimize business processes.
Sep. 30, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,002
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kausik Sridharabalan, founder and CTO of Pulzze Systems, Inc., will focus on key challenges in building an Internet of Things solution infrastructure. He will shed light on efficient ways of defining interactions within IoT solutions, leading to cost and time reduction. He will also introduce ways to handle data and how one can develop IoT solutions that are lean, flexible and configurable, thus making IoT infrastructure agile and scalable.
Sep. 30, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,649
Businesses are struggling to manage the information flow and interactions between all of these new devices and things jumping on their network, and the apps and IT systems they control. The data businesses gather is only helpful if they can do something with it. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Witeck, Principal Technology Strategist at Citrix, will discuss how different the impact of IoT will be for large businesses, expanding how IoT will allow large organizations to make their legacy ap...
Sep. 30, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 518
Creating replica copies to tolerate a certain number of failures is easy, but very expensive at cloud-scale. Conventional RAID has lower overhead, but it is limited in the number of failures it can tolerate. And the management is like herding cats (overseeing capacity, rebuilds, migrations, and degraded performance). Download Slide Deck: ▸ Here In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Scott Cleland, Senior Director of Product Marketing for the HGST Cloud Infrastructure Business Unit, discusse...
Sep. 30, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,636
In this strange new world where more and more power is drawn from business technology, companies are effectively straddling two paths on the road to innovation and transformation into digital enterprises. The first path is the heritage trail – with “legacy” technology forming the background. Here, extant technologies are transformed by core IT teams to provide more API-driven approaches. Legacy systems can restrict companies that are transitioning into digital enterprises. To truly become a lea...
Sep. 30, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 625
There are several IoTs: the Industrial Internet, Consumer Wearables, Wearables and Healthcare, Supply Chains, and the movement toward Smart Grids, Cities, Regions, and Nations. There are competing communications standards every step of the way, a bewildering array of sensors and devices, and an entire world of competing data analytics platforms. To some this appears to be chaos. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, Bradley Holt, Developer Advocate a...
Sep. 30, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,462
24Notion is full-service global creative digital marketing, technology and lifestyle agency that combines strategic ideas with customized tactical execution. With a broad understand of the art of traditional marketing, new media, communications and social influence, 24Notion uniquely understands how to connect your brand strategy with the right consumer. 24Notion ranked #12 on Corporate Social Responsibility - Book of List.
Sep. 30, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 339
Just over a week ago I received a long and loud sustained applause for a presentation I delivered at this year’s Cloud Expo in Santa Clara. I was extremely pleased with the turnout and had some very good conversations with many of the attendees. Over the next few days I had many more meaningful conversations and was not only happy with the results but also learned a few new things. Here is everything I learned in those three days distilled into three short points.
Sep. 30, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 5,228
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Sep. 30, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,154
Major trends and emerging technologies – from virtual reality and IoT, to Big Data and algorithms – are helping organizations innovate in the digital era. However, to create real business value, IT must think beyond the ‘what’ of digital transformation to the ‘how’ to harness emerging trends, innovation and disruption. Architecture is the key that underpins and ties all these efforts together. In the digital age, it’s important to invest in architecture, extend the enterprise footprint to the cl...
Sep. 30, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 714
The vision of a connected smart home is becoming reality with the application of integrated wireless technologies in devices and appliances. The use of standardized and TCP/IP networked wireless technologies in line-powered and battery operated sensors and controls has led to the adoption of radios in the 2.4GHz band, including Wi-Fi, BT/BLE and 802.15.4 applied ZigBee and Thread. This is driving the need for robust wireless coexistence for multiple radios to ensure throughput performance and th...
Sep. 30, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,721
DevOps at Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long dev...
Sep. 30, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,570
If you had a chance to enter on the ground level of the largest e-commerce market in the world – would you? China is the world’s most populated country with the second largest economy and the world’s fastest growing market. It is estimated that by 2018 the Chinese market will be reaching over $30 billion in gaming revenue alone. Admittedly for a foreign company, doing business in China can be challenging. Often changing laws, administrative regulations and the often inscrutable Chinese Interne...
Sep. 30, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 577