|By Marketwired .||
|January 6, 2014 03:01 AM EST||
LAS VEGAS, NV --(Marketwired - January 06, 2014) - Creative Technology Ltd at CES 2014 previewed a heavyweight contender in the wireless speaker market - the Sound Blaster Roar delivers amazingly powerful, precision-tuned, high fidelity sound from a compact, portable booklet size. A product of years of research in speaker design and technology, the speaker represents the pinnacle of portable wireless audio, and marks the redefinition of the home stereo market.
With a sleek metallic finish, measuring only 7.9 x 2.2 x 4.5 inch and weighing less than 2.5 lbs, the Sound Blaster Roar packs a punch in audio performance. Beyond its astounding audio performance, the Sound Blaster Roar also comes with several useful features, such as speakerphone teleconferencing, a microSD slot for MP3/WMA/WAV playback and audio recording, a siren, Bedtime Mode and Life Saver Mode.
Intelligent Technological Highlights of the Sound Blaster Roar:
- The Sound Blaster Roar's bi-amplified design sets it apart from most other portable speakers that feature only one amplifier, allowing it to produce amazingly powerful and balanced lows, mids and highs.
- Far-field front-firing drivers disperse high frequencies forward. The active top-firing mid-range and bass driver disperses less sweet-spot dependant audio for height. Additional dual opposing side-firing bass radiators further extend the power of the bass. All these result in a holosonic soundscape enabling improved width, height and depth while preserving stereo focus.
- The Sound Blaster Roar's boxer-bass-module design allows it to have a low centre of gravity that increases speaker stability. This means that the speaker will not move, vibrate or rattle even at high volume levels.
- The ROAR button: in scenarios where audio power is of absolute importance, such as in parties or gatherings, pressing the ROAR button will instantly and significantly boost the speaker's loudness, depth and audio spaciousness.
- Housed within the Sound Blaster Roar is a high quality microphone that provides clear 360° voice pickup, making it suitable for speakerphone teleconferencing.
- Integrated Voice Recorder - Allows for simple, one-touch audio recording directly to a MicroSD card, including that of phone conversations.
- Integrated WMA and MP3 Player - Plays music directly from a MicroSD Card without a smartphone.
- High-quality aptX® and AAC codec support for wireless audio playback that sounds as good as a wired connection.
- NFC connectivity - Tapping an NFC-enabled smart phone on the Sound Blaster Roar will easily connect them wirelessly.
- Connects to two Bluetooth-enabled devices simultaneously - Ideal in a situation when a user is watching a movie on a tablet and wants to take a phone call on the Sound Blaster Roar from another device.
- Bedtime Mode - Gradually lowers the volume level before shutting off, perfect for bedtime listening or playing back pre-recorded bedtime stories for children.
- Life Saver Mode - Plays random tones and sound bytes at random intervals to keep users alert.
- Dual Purpose Battery - 6000mAh battery charges smartphones and tablets, beyond providing up to 8 hours of continuous audio playback.
- Siren - comes with a built-in siren that lets you instantly grab attention when you need to.
- Additional Sound Blaster Functionality - Connecting the Sound Blaster Roar via USB to a PC and Mac enables advanced audio processing through Sound Blaster Control Panel, a downloadable software program specially designed for the speaker.
- Size: 7.9 x 2.2 x 4.5 inches
- Weight: Less than 2.5 lbs
Pricing and Availability
The Sound Blaster Roar is targeted to be priced aggressively below US$200 and will be available in the spring of 2014.
Creative is a worldwide leader in digital entertainment products. Famous for its Sound Blaster® sound cards and for launching the multimedia revolution, Creative is now driving digital entertainment with cutting-edge audio solutions, premium wireless speakers, wireless headphones and portable media devices. Today, Creative re-invents the Sound Blaster, which has a user base of over 400 million, with its ground-breaking Sound BlasterAxx that aims at the new mobile networked generation by bridging the worlds of the computer, smartphones, and tablets. Creative's proprietary technologies, innovative hardware, applications and services leverage the Internet, enabling consumers to experience high-quality digital entertainment - anytime, anywhere.
The following files are available for download:
Creative Labs, Inc.
Technology vendors and analysts are eager to paint a rosy picture of how wonderful IoT is and why your deployment will be great with the use of their products and services. While it is easy to showcase successful IoT solutions, identifying IoT systems that missed the mark or failed can often provide more in the way of key lessons learned. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Peter Vanderminden, Principal Industry Analyst for IoT & Digital Supply Chain to Flatiron Strategies, will focus on how IoT depl...
Jan. 18, 2017 02:30 AM EST Reads: 1,806
Data is an unusual currency; it is not restricted by the same transactional limitations as money or people. In fact, the more that you leverage your data across multiple business use cases, the more valuable it becomes to the organization. And the same can be said about the organization’s analytics. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bill Schmarzo, CTO for the Big Data Practice at Dell EMC, introduced a methodology for capturing, enriching and sharing data (and analytics) across the organization...
Jan. 18, 2017 02:15 AM EST Reads: 3,202
With all the incredible momentum behind the Internet of Things (IoT) industry, it is easy to forget that not a single CEO wakes up and wonders if “my IoT is broken.” What they wonder is if they are making the right decisions to do all they can to increase revenue, decrease costs, and improve customer experience – effectively the same challenges they have always had in growing their business. The exciting thing about the IoT industry is now these decisions can be better, faster, and smarter. Now ...
Jan. 18, 2017 01:30 AM EST Reads: 4,197
WebRTC is about the data channel as much as about video and audio conferencing. However, basically all commercial WebRTC applications have been built with a focus on audio and video. The handling of “data” has been limited to text chat and file download – all other data sharing seems to end with screensharing. What is holding back a more intensive use of peer-to-peer data? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Dr Silvia Pfeiffer, WebRTC Applications Team Lead at National ICT Australia, looked at differ...
Jan. 18, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 4,868
The cloud market growth today is largely in public clouds. While there is a lot of spend in IT departments in virtualization, these aren’t yet translating into a true “cloud” experience within the enterprise. What is stopping the growth of the “private cloud” market? In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Nara Rajagopalan, CEO of Accelerite, explored the challenges in deploying, managing, and getting adoption for a private cloud within an enterprise. What are the key differences between wh...
Jan. 18, 2017 01:00 AM EST Reads: 6,044
"Splunk basically takes machine data and we make it usable, valuable and accessible for everyone. The way that plays in DevOps is - we need to make data-driven decisions to delivering applications," explained Andi Mann, Chief Technology Advocate at Splunk and @DevOpsSummit Conference Chair, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 18, 2017 01:00 AM EST Reads: 2,009
"Logz.io is a log analytics platform. We offer the ELK stack, which is the most common log analytics platform in the world. We offer it as a cloud service," explained Tomer Levy, co-founder and CEO of Logz.io, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps Summit, held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 18, 2017 12:45 AM EST Reads: 6,247
Adding public cloud resources to an existing application can be a daunting process. The tools that you currently use to manage the software and hardware outside the cloud aren’t always the best tools to efficiently grow into the cloud. All of the major configuration management tools have cloud orchestration plugins that can be leveraged, but there are also cloud-native tools that can dramatically improve the efficiency of managing your application lifecycle. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, ...
Jan. 18, 2017 12:45 AM EST Reads: 5,949
In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Robert Doyle, lead architect at eCube Systems, will examine the issues and need for an agile infrastructure and show the advantages of capturing developer knowledge in an exportable file for migration into production. He will introduce the use of NXTmonitor, a next-generation DevOps tool that captures application environments, dependencies and start/stop procedures in a portable configuration file with an easy-to-use GUI. In addition to captur...
Jan. 18, 2017 12:30 AM EST Reads: 2,782
"ReadyTalk is an audio and web video conferencing provider. We've really come to embrace WebRTC as the platform for our future of technology," explained Dan Cunningham, CTO of ReadyTalk, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at WebRTC Summit at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 18, 2017 12:00 AM EST Reads: 2,256
Due of the rise of Hadoop, many enterprises are now deploying their first small clusters of 10 to 20 servers. At this small scale, the complexity of operating the cluster looks and feels like general data center servers. It is not until the clusters scale, as they inevitably do, when the pain caused by the exponential complexity becomes apparent. We've seen this problem occur time and time again. In his session at Big Data Expo, Greg Bruno, Vice President of Engineering and co-founder of StackIQ...
Jan. 18, 2017 12:00 AM EST Reads: 7,735
One of the hottest areas in cloud right now is DRaaS and related offerings. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Dale Levesque, Disaster Recovery Product Manager with Windstream's Cloud and Data Center Marketing team, will discuss the benefits of the cloud model, which far outweigh the traditional approach, and how enterprises need to ensure that their needs are properly being met.
Jan. 17, 2017 11:30 PM EST Reads: 4,340
Containers have changed the mind of IT in DevOps. They enable developers to work with dev, test, stage and production environments identically. Containers provide the right abstraction for microservices and many cloud platforms have integrated them into deployment pipelines. DevOps and Containers together help companies to achieve their business goals faster and more effectively. In his session at DevOps Summit, Ruslan Synytsky, CEO and Co-founder of Jelastic, reviewed the current landscape of D...
Jan. 17, 2017 11:15 PM EST Reads: 4,925
In 2014, Amazon announced a new form of compute called Lambda. We didn't know it at the time, but this represented a fundamental shift in what we expect from cloud computing. Now, all of the major cloud computing vendors want to take part in this disruptive technology. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, John Jelinek IV, a web developer at Linux Academy, will discuss why major players like AWS, Microsoft Azure, IBM Bluemix, and Google Cloud Platform are all trying to sidestep VMs and containers...
Jan. 17, 2017 11:00 PM EST Reads: 577
IoT is at the core or many Digital Transformation initiatives with the goal of re-inventing a company's business model. We all agree that collecting relevant IoT data will result in massive amounts of data needing to be stored. However, with the rapid development of IoT devices and ongoing business model transformation, we are not able to predict the volume and growth of IoT data. And with the lack of IoT history, traditional methods of IT and infrastructure planning based on the past do not app...
Jan. 17, 2017 10:30 PM EST Reads: 726