|By Marketwired .||
|January 6, 2014 03:01 AM EST||
LAS VEGAS, NV --(Marketwired - January 06, 2014) - Creative Technology Ltd at CES 2014 previewed a heavyweight contender in the wireless speaker market - the Sound Blaster Roar delivers amazingly powerful, precision-tuned, high fidelity sound from a compact, portable booklet size. A product of years of research in speaker design and technology, the speaker represents the pinnacle of portable wireless audio, and marks the redefinition of the home stereo market.
With a sleek metallic finish, measuring only 7.9 x 2.2 x 4.5 inch and weighing less than 2.5 lbs, the Sound Blaster Roar packs a punch in audio performance. Beyond its astounding audio performance, the Sound Blaster Roar also comes with several useful features, such as speakerphone teleconferencing, a microSD slot for MP3/WMA/WAV playback and audio recording, a siren, Bedtime Mode and Life Saver Mode.
Intelligent Technological Highlights of the Sound Blaster Roar:
- The Sound Blaster Roar's bi-amplified design sets it apart from most other portable speakers that feature only one amplifier, allowing it to produce amazingly powerful and balanced lows, mids and highs.
- Far-field front-firing drivers disperse high frequencies forward. The active top-firing mid-range and bass driver disperses less sweet-spot dependant audio for height. Additional dual opposing side-firing bass radiators further extend the power of the bass. All these result in a holosonic soundscape enabling improved width, height and depth while preserving stereo focus.
- The Sound Blaster Roar's boxer-bass-module design allows it to have a low centre of gravity that increases speaker stability. This means that the speaker will not move, vibrate or rattle even at high volume levels.
- The ROAR button: in scenarios where audio power is of absolute importance, such as in parties or gatherings, pressing the ROAR button will instantly and significantly boost the speaker's loudness, depth and audio spaciousness.
- Housed within the Sound Blaster Roar is a high quality microphone that provides clear 360° voice pickup, making it suitable for speakerphone teleconferencing.
- Integrated Voice Recorder - Allows for simple, one-touch audio recording directly to a MicroSD card, including that of phone conversations.
- Integrated WMA and MP3 Player - Plays music directly from a MicroSD Card without a smartphone.
- High-quality aptX® and AAC codec support for wireless audio playback that sounds as good as a wired connection.
- NFC connectivity - Tapping an NFC-enabled smart phone on the Sound Blaster Roar will easily connect them wirelessly.
- Connects to two Bluetooth-enabled devices simultaneously - Ideal in a situation when a user is watching a movie on a tablet and wants to take a phone call on the Sound Blaster Roar from another device.
- Bedtime Mode - Gradually lowers the volume level before shutting off, perfect for bedtime listening or playing back pre-recorded bedtime stories for children.
- Life Saver Mode - Plays random tones and sound bytes at random intervals to keep users alert.
- Dual Purpose Battery - 6000mAh battery charges smartphones and tablets, beyond providing up to 8 hours of continuous audio playback.
- Siren - comes with a built-in siren that lets you instantly grab attention when you need to.
- Additional Sound Blaster Functionality - Connecting the Sound Blaster Roar via USB to a PC and Mac enables advanced audio processing through Sound Blaster Control Panel, a downloadable software program specially designed for the speaker.
- Size: 7.9 x 2.2 x 4.5 inches
- Weight: Less than 2.5 lbs
Pricing and Availability
The Sound Blaster Roar is targeted to be priced aggressively below US$200 and will be available in the spring of 2014.
Creative is a worldwide leader in digital entertainment products. Famous for its Sound Blaster® sound cards and for launching the multimedia revolution, Creative is now driving digital entertainment with cutting-edge audio solutions, premium wireless speakers, wireless headphones and portable media devices. Today, Creative re-invents the Sound Blaster, which has a user base of over 400 million, with its ground-breaking Sound BlasterAxx that aims at the new mobile networked generation by bridging the worlds of the computer, smartphones, and tablets. Creative's proprietary technologies, innovative hardware, applications and services leverage the Internet, enabling consumers to experience high-quality digital entertainment - anytime, anywhere.
The following files are available for download:
Creative Labs, Inc.
For organizations that have amassed large sums of software complexity, taking a microservices approach is the first step toward DevOps and continuous improvement / development. Integrating system-level analysis with microservices makes it easier to change and add functionality to applications at any time without the increase of risk. Before you start big transformation projects or a cloud migration, make sure these changes won’t take down your entire organization.
Feb. 22, 2017 11:15 AM EST Reads: 687
In his keynote at 19th Cloud Expo, Sheng Liang, co-founder and CEO of Rancher Labs, discussed the technological advances and new business opportunities created by the rapid adoption of containers. With the success of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and various open source technologies used to build private clouds, cloud computing has become an essential component of IT strategy. However, users continue to face challenges in implementing clouds, as older technologies evolve and newer ones like Docker c...
Feb. 22, 2017 11:15 AM EST Reads: 971
DevOps and microservices are permeating software engineering teams broadly, whether these teams are in pure software shops but happen to run a business, such Uber and Airbnb, or in companies that rely heavily on software to run more traditional business, such as financial firms or high-end manufacturers. Microservices and DevOps have created software development and therefore business speed and agility benefits, but they have also created problems; specifically, they have created software securi...
Feb. 22, 2017 11:00 AM EST Reads: 3,238
All clouds are not equal. To succeed in a DevOps context, organizations should plan to develop/deploy apps across a choice of on-premise and public clouds simultaneously depending on the business needs. This is where the concept of the Lean Cloud comes in - resting on the idea that you often need to relocate your app modules over their life cycles for both innovation and operational efficiency in the cloud. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Valentin (Val) Bercovici, CTO of Soli...
Feb. 22, 2017 10:45 AM EST Reads: 348
Almost two-thirds of companies either have or soon will have IoT as the backbone of their business. Though, IoT is far more complex than most firms expected with a majority of IoT projects having failed. How can you not get trapped in the pitfalls? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan, Chief IoTologist at Wipro, will introduce a holistic method of IoTification, which is the process of IoTifying the existing technology portfolios and business models to adopt and leverage IoT. He will delve in...
Feb. 22, 2017 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,500
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Feb. 22, 2017 09:45 AM EST Reads: 798
Cloud Expo, Inc. has announced today that Aruna Ravichandran, vice president of DevOps Product and Solutions Marketing at CA Technologies, has been named co-conference chair of DevOps at Cloud Expo 2017. The @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, and @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley will take place Oct. 31-Nov. 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Feb. 22, 2017 09:45 AM EST Reads: 1,330
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Steve Wilkes, CTO and founder of Striim, will delve into four enterprise-scale, business-critical case studies where streaming analytics serves as the key to enabling real-time data integration and right-time insights in hybrid cloud, IoT, and fog computing environments. As part of this discussion, he will also present a demo based on its partnership with Fujitsu, highlighting their technologies in a healthcare IoT use-case. The demo showcases the tracking of pati...
Feb. 22, 2017 09:29 AM EST Reads: 161
Tricky charts and visually deceptive graphs often make a case for the impact IT performance has on business. The debate isn't around the obvious; of course, IT performance metrics like website load time influence business metrics such as conversions and revenue. Rather, this presentation will explore various data analysis concepts to understand how, and how not to, assert such correlations. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Sys...
Feb. 22, 2017 09:15 AM EST Reads: 1,379
@DevOpsSummit has been named the ‘Top DevOps Influencer' by iTrend. iTrend processes millions of conversations, tweets, interactions, news articles, press releases, blog posts - and extract meaning form them and analyzes mobile and desktop software platforms used to communicate, various metadata (such as geo location), and automation tools. In overall placement, @DevOpsSummit ranked as the number one ‘DevOps Influencer' followed by @CloudExpo at third, and @MicroservicesE at 24th.
Feb. 22, 2017 08:45 AM EST Reads: 1,132
The buzz continues for cloud, data analytics and the Internet of Things (IoT) and their collective impact across all industries. But a new conversation is emerging - how do companies use industry disruption and technology enablers to lead in markets undergoing change, uncertainty and ambiguity? Organizations of all sizes need to evolve and transform, often under massive pressure, as industry lines blur and merge and traditional business models are assaulted and turned upside down. In this new da...
Feb. 22, 2017 08:30 AM EST Reads: 835
Stratoscale, the software company developing the next generation data center operating system, exhibited at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which took place at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, in June 2016.Stratoscale is revolutionizing the data center with a zero-to-cloud-in-minutes solution. With Stratoscale’s hardware-agnostic, Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) solution to store everything, run anything and scale everywhere, IT is empowered to take control of their data ce...
Feb. 22, 2017 08:30 AM EST Reads: 853
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his Day 2 Keynote at @ThingsExpo, Henrik Kenani Dahlgren, Portfolio Marketing Manager at Ericsson, discussed how to plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change the...
Feb. 22, 2017 08:15 AM EST Reads: 4,657
What are the new priorities for the connected business? First: businesses need to think differently about the types of connections they will need to make – these span well beyond the traditional app to app into more modern forms of integration including SaaS integrations, mobile integrations, APIs, device integration and Big Data integration. It’s important these are unified together vs. doing them all piecemeal. Second, these types of connections need to be simple to design, adapt and configure...
Feb. 22, 2017 07:00 AM EST Reads: 2,938
To manage complex web services with lots of calls to the cloud, many businesses have invested in Application Performance Management (APM) and Network Performance Management (NPM) tools. Together APM and NPM tools are essential aids in improving a business's infrastructure required to support an effective web experience... but they are missing a critical component - Internet visibility.
Feb. 22, 2017 06:45 AM EST Reads: 1,639