|By Business Wire||
|January 6, 2014 08:13 AM EST|
HARMAN, the premium global audio and infotainment group (NYSE:HAR) debuted several new products for the mobile aftermarket today at CES, continuing its tradition of leadership for best-in-class car audio.
Vehicle Specific Audio Upgrade packages
HARMAN is redefining the traditional mobile audio aftermarket segment to include upgrade products and services that bring a premium sound experience to cars while leveraging their existing wiring harnesses and speaker locations. The new Vehicle Specific Audio Upgrade packages reduce costs for drivers of installation and fabrication fees associated with traditional aftermarket products while retaining the premium audio quality for which HARMAN brands are renowned.
With the HARMAN Vehicle Specific Audio Upgrades, every component is designed to fit perfectly into the original factory location while simply plugging into the existing wire harness, with no splicing or fabricating required like in a typical aftermarket system. In addition, these systems utilize the factory head unit, helping consumers avoid the cost of updating the head unit and related installation and fabrication fees.
HARMAN recently launched its first Vehicle Specific Audio Upgrade in Russia with the Hyundai IX35. Based on the success of the product, HARMAN will continue to roll out additional Vehicle Specific Audio Upgrades in additional countries in the upcoming months. The next launches include the Suzuki Swift upgrade package in India, the Chevy Cruz upgrade in Russia and Brazil, and the first US Vehicle Specific Audio Upgrade with the Jeep Wrangler.
“At CES, HARMAN is showcasing exciting new solutions that upgrade, connect, and improve the infotainment and audio experiences for vehicles on the road today,” said David Slump, president, HARMAN Automotive Services. “Visitors will be able to see how HARMAN's Vehicle Specific Audio Upgrade packages are designed to quickly and easily replace all of the factory speakers, while also adding enclosed subwoofers, and updating the digital amplifier that has been acoustically tuned, time-aligned and equalized by HARMAN’s engineers for the unique audio characteristics of specific cars. These solutions give consumers pricing flexibility and choice, which are priorities for automakers in emerging markets where they want to build brand loyalty, especially among first time car buyers.”
New JBL and Infinity Mobile Aftermarket products
HARMAN will also have a number of additional new mobile aftermarket products florin-car and in-boat audio available for demos at its CES Showcase. The newly announced products include:
- Infinity Marine - This new series designed for boats and watercrafts consists of two kits (six-inch coaxial and six-inch by nine-inch coaxial). Each kit in the series includes stainless steel hardware and utilizes Harman’s patented Plus One™ woofer technology, which results in increased bass output and sensitivity. Infinity’s “True 4 Ohm” design ensures maximum amplifier output delivering the utmost in sound pressure level (SPL). Both drivers boast power handling of 225 watts peak with a sensitivity rating of 92db. As with every Infinity product, each driver has been acoustically voiced for sonic accuracy and engineered and tested to be “marine ready” (water resistant from the front).
- JBL® GX Automotive Speaker Series - The new mid-priced line updates and replaces the critically acclaimed GTO-8 series, long considered the heart and soul of JBL mobile audio. GX speakers are available in various sizes with a six by nine inch three-way speaker and a six-inch component system rounding out the line to fit nearly every application. Every speaker in the series utilizes Harman’s patented Plus One™ woofer technology. Additionally, coaxially-mounted tweeters incorporate an exclusive rotating Tweeter Deflector, which pinpoint and direct high frequency output towards the listening area so audio sounds crisper and more defined. JBL’s “True 4 Ohm” design ensures maximum amplifier output delivering the utmost in SPL. As with every JBL product, each driver has been acoustically voiced for sonic accuracy.
- JBL Automotive Speaker Series, GT7 - The new entry level series has various coaxial kits along with a six by nine inch three-way kit. Every speaker in the series utilizes Harman’s patented Plus One woofer technology and touts JBL’s “True 4 Ohm” design as well, delivering maximum amplifier output and the utmost in SPL. As with every JBL product, each driver has been acoustically voiced for sonic accuracy.
- JBL Marine - Designed for boats and watercrafts, this series consists of a six-inch dual cone, a six-inch coaxial kit and a six-inch by nine-inch coaxial system. Every speaker in the series utilizes Harman’s patented Plus One Woofer technology, which results in increased bass output and sensitivity. JBL’s “True 4 Ohm” design allows users to get the most out of their amplifier. All JBL Marine speakers are rated at 180 watts peak power handling with 91db sensitivity. True to the JBL heritage, each driver has been acoustically voiced for sonic accuracy as well as engineered and tested for water resistance. Each kit also includes stainless steel hardware.
HARMAN at CES 2014
Visit HARMAN during CES 2014 for a demonstration of the HARMAN Vehicle Specific Audio Packages as well as the company’s full portfolio of infotainment and lifestyle audio systems. The ONE HARMAN experience showcase is located at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino. Follow HARMAN online during CES 2014:
- Find more CES news at the HARMAN Newsroom
- Like HARMAN on Facebook
- Check out our YouTube Channel
- Follow HARMAN news on Twitter @harmannews
- Follow HARMAN technology updates on Twitter @HarmanTech
- Twitter Hashtag #HarmanCES
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds
HARMAN designs, manufactures, and markets a wide range of infotainment and audio solutions for the automotive, consumer, and professional markets. It is a recognized world leader across its customer segments with premium brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, and Mark Levinson® and leading-edge connectivity, safety and audio technologies. The company is admired by audiophiles across multiple generations and supports leading professional entertainers and the venues where they perform. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and infotainment systems. HARMAN has a workforce of about 14,600 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia and reported sales of $4.5 billion for the twelve months ended September 30, 2013. The company’s shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol NYSE:HAR. Please visit www.harman.com for more information.
© 2014 HARMAN International Industries, Incorporated. All rights reserved. Harman Kardon, Infinity, JBL, Lexicon and Mark Levinson are trademarks of HARMAN International Industries, Incorporated, registered in the United States and/or other countries. AKG is a trademark of AKG Acoustics GmbH, registered in the United States and/or other countries. Features, specifications and appearance are subject to change without notice.
Aug. 30, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 549
Aug. 30, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,660
Aug. 30, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 378
Aug. 30, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,047
Aug. 30, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 876
Aug. 30, 2016 09:08 AM EDT Reads: 209
Aug. 30, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 907
Aug. 30, 2016 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,471
Aug. 30, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,862
Aug. 30, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,248
Aug. 30, 2016 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,053
Aug. 30, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,362
Aug. 30, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,943
Aug. 30, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,678
Aug. 29, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,498