|By PR Newswire||
|January 6, 2014 01:16 PM EST||
LONDON, Jan. 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportbuyer.com just published a new market research report:
Production and Investment Forecasts of the Platinum Mining Industry in Southern Africa
Increasing World Vehicle Fleet will Stimulate Platinum Production in Southern Africa
This research service provides a detailed and up-to-date market intelligence on production and investment trends in the platinum mining industry in Southern Africa. Southern Africa hosts over 87% of the world's platinum group metal deposits and accounted for 79% of platinum in 2012. South Africa and Zimbabwe are key producers of platinum group metals in the world. Large-scale expansion projects coupled with the development of smelters and refineries will consolidate Southern Africa's position as the largest producer of platinum group metals in the world.
- This research service provides an up-to-date analysis of the production and investment trends in Southern Africa's platinum mining industry between 2006 and 2018.
- Southern Africa is the world's largest platinum producing region, accounting for % of the global platinum production in 2012.
- South Africa and Zimbabwe are the key producers of platinum in the Southern African region and the two countries host approximately xx% of the global platinum deposits.
- The two countries are key participants in the global platinum mining industry and disruption to platinum production in these countries has the potential to affect the global platinum industry.
- South Africa, which is the world's largest platinum producer, accounted for % of the global new mine supply of platinum while Zimbabwe accounted for xx% of the global platinum production in 2012.
- New mine supply of platinum from the Southern African region declined from xx million ounces in 2006 to xx million ounces in 2012 due to the declining global demand for platinum, safety-related production stoppages and the difficult labour relations environment in South Africa.
- Zimbabwe's platinum production has been increasing between 2006 and 2012, but the government's indigenisation policy that requires all companies in the country to cede % shareholding to indigenous Zimbabweans, has resulted in a slow down in the investment activity in the country's platinum mining industry.
- There are a total of platinum expansion projects in Southern Africa's platinum mining industry that were together worth $xx billion in 2012.
- South Africa has xx pre-feasibility, bankable feasibility, and construction-stage platinum projects worth $xxbillion in all, accounting for xx% of the total platinum projects in Southern Africa in 2012.
- Zimbabwe has four prefeasibility, bankable feasibility, and construction-stage projects that are collectively worth $xx billion, accounting for xx% of the total platinum projects in Southern Africa in 2012.
- There are xx pre-feasibility stage platinum projects in Southern Africa that are collectively worth $xx billion and they are owned by small-to medium-sized platinum mining companies.
- Jubilee Platinum's Tjate and Zimbabwe Platinum Ltd's (Zimplats) Ngezi Phase 3 project are major prefeasibility stage projects in Southern Africa's platinum mining industry.
- Southern Africa's platinum mining industry hosts construction-stage projects and four bankable feasibility stage projects that were collectively worth $xx billion in 2012.
- Impala Platinum's Ltd's (Implats) shaft numbers 16,17, and 20, and Anglo Platinum's Limited's (Amplats) Tumela 4 shaft and Styldrift projects are some of the major construction stage projects.
- Slowing global economic conditions and softening demand for platinum have resulted in Amplats suspending its expansion projects such as Styldrift and Twickenham projects.
- Southern Africa's platinum production is predicted to witness a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) at ofxx% between 2012 and 2018.
- The state of the global automotive market, particularly the European and US markets, will have a significant bearing on the growth of Southern Africa's platinum mining industry.
- The difficult labour relations environment and safety-related production stoppages will continue to impact South Africa's platinum production.
- Increasing political and economic uncertainties in Zimbabwe will impact on the country's platinum investment projects.
- Suspension of large-scale platinum expansion projects in Southern Africa will limit the region's capacity to increase its platinum production.
- Understanding the production trends in the platinum mining industry in Southern Africa between 2006 and 2018.
- Providing company- and country-level production forecasts for the platinum mining industry in Southern Africa between 2006 and 2018.
- Understanding Southern Africa's platinum mining industry's capital expenditure trends and discussing the expansion projects between 2012 and 2016.
- Providing insights into the factors that drive and restrain the growth of the platinum mining industry in Southern Africa.
Scope of the Study
- The study will focus on production, investment, and capital expenditure trends in Southern Africa's platinum mining industry.
- This research service will focus on platinum production at the country and company levels in Southern Africa's platinum mining industry.
- This research service will focus on capital expenditure trends and expansion projects in Southern Africa's platinum mining industry.
Research Aims and Objectives
Overview of the Global Platinum Group Metals Mining Industry
Southern Africa's Platinum Mining Industry
South Africa's Platinum Mining Industry
Zimbabwe's Platinum Mining Industry
Market Drivers and Restraints
Capital Expenditure Trends in Southern Africa's Platinum Mining Industry
Southern Africa's Platinum Production Forecasts
The Frost and Sullivan Story
Read the full report:
Production and Investment Forecasts of the Platinum Mining Industry in Southern Africa
I'm a lonely sensor. I spend all day telling the world how I'm feeling, but none of the other sensors seem to care. I want to be connected. I want to build relationships with other sensors to be more useful for my human. I want my human to understand that when my friends next door are too hot for a while, I'll soon be flaming. And when all my friends go outside without me, I may be left behind. Don't just log my data; use the relationship graph. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ryan Boyd, Engi...
Oct. 28, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,006
SYS-CON Events announced today that Enzu will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Enzu’s mission is to be the leading provider of enterprise cloud solutions worldwide. Enzu enables online businesses to use its IT infrastructure to their competitive advantage. By offering a suite of proven hosting and management services, Enzu wants companies to focus on the core of their online busine...
Oct. 28, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,492
In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Nick Son, Vice President of Cyber Risk & Public Sector at Coalfire, will discuss the latest information on the FedRAMP Program. Topics will cover: FedRAMP Readiness Assessment Report (RAR). This new process is designed to streamline and accelerate the FedRAMP process from the traditional timeline by initially focusing on technical capability instead of documentation preparedness. FedRAMP for High-impact level systems. Early in 2016 FedRAMP officially publishe...
Oct. 28, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 676
Join IBM November 2 at 19th Cloud Expo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, and learn how to go beyond multi-speed it to bring agility to traditional enterprise applications. Technology innovation is the driving force behind modern business and enterprises must respond by increasing the speed and efficiency of software delivery. The challenge is that existing enterprise applications are expensive to develop and difficult to modernize. This often results in what Gartner calls...
Oct. 28, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 398
WebRTC sits at the intersection between VoIP and the Web. As such, it poses some interesting challenges for those developing services on top of it, but also for those who need to test and monitor these services. In his session at WebRTC Summit, Tsahi Levent-Levi, co-founder of testRTC, reviewed the various challenges posed by WebRTC when it comes to testing and monitoring and on ways to overcome them.
Oct. 28, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,243
The explosion of new web/cloud/IoT-based applications and the data they generate are transforming our world right before our eyes. In this rush to adopt these new technologies, organizations are often ignoring fundamental questions concerning who owns the data and failing to ask for permission to conduct invasive surveillance of their customers. Organizations that are not transparent about how their systems gather data telemetry without offering shared data ownership risk product rejection, regu...
Oct. 28, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 413
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, will discuss the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They will also review two "free infrastruct...
Oct. 28, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 381
Qosmos, the market leader for IP traffic classification and network intelligence technology, has announced that it will launch the Launch L7 Viewer at CloudExpo | @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley, being held November 1 – 3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The L7 Viewer is a traffic analysis tool that provides complete visibility of all network traffic that crosses a virtualized infrastructure, up to Layer 7. It facilitates and accelerates common IT tasks such as VM migra...
Oct. 28, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 664
WebRTC defines no default signaling protocol, causing fragmentation between WebRTC silos. SIP and XMPP provide possibilities, but come with considerable complexity and are not designed for use in a web environment. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Matthew Hodgson, technical co-founder of the Matrix.org, discussed how Matrix is a new non-profit Open Source Project that defines both a new HTTP-based standard for VoIP & IM signaling and provides reference implementations.
Oct. 28, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,940
Rapid innovation, changing business landscapes, and new IT demands force businesses to make changes quickly. In the eyes of many, containers are at the brink of becoming a pervasive technology in enterprise IT to accelerate application delivery. In this presentation, you'll learn about the: The transformation of IT to a DevOps, microservices, and container-based architecture What are containers and how DevOps practices can operate in a container-based environment A demonstration of how Docke...
Oct. 28, 2016 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,731
The Internet of Things (IoT) promises to simplify and streamline our lives by automating routine tasks that distract us from our goals. This promise is based on the ubiquitous deployment of smart, connected devices that link everything from industrial control systems to automobiles to refrigerators. Unfortunately, comparatively few of the devices currently deployed have been developed with an eye toward security, and as the DDoS attacks of late October 2016 have demonstrated, this oversight can ...
Oct. 28, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 324
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, will deep dive into best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Oct. 28, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,331
President Obama recently announced the launch of a new national awareness campaign to "encourage more Americans to move beyond passwords – adding an extra layer of security like a fingerprint or codes sent to your cellphone." The shift from single passwords to multi-factor authentication couldn’t be timelier or more strategic. This session will focus on why passwords alone are no longer effective, and why the time to act is now. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Chris Webber, security strateg...
Oct. 28, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 335
November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Penta Security is a leading vendor for data security solutions, including its encryption solution, D’Amo. By using FPE technology, D’Amo allows for the implementation of encryption technology to sensitive data fields without modification to schema in the database environment. With businesses having their data become increasingly more complicated in their mission-critical applications (such as ERP, CRM, HRM), continued ...
Oct. 28, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,230
In the 21st century, security on the Internet has become one of the most important issues. We hear more and more about cyber-attacks on the websites of large corporations, banks and even small businesses. When online we’re concerned not only for our own safety but also our privacy. We have to know that hackers usually start their preparation by investigating the private information of admins – the habits, interests, visited websites and so on. On the other hand, our own security is in danger bec...
Oct. 28, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 785