|By PR Newswire||
|January 6, 2014 01:16 PM EST||
LONDON, Jan. 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportbuyer.com just published a new market research report:
Production and Investment Forecasts of the Platinum Mining Industry in Southern Africa
Increasing World Vehicle Fleet will Stimulate Platinum Production in Southern Africa
This research service provides a detailed and up-to-date market intelligence on production and investment trends in the platinum mining industry in Southern Africa. Southern Africa hosts over 87% of the world's platinum group metal deposits and accounted for 79% of platinum in 2012. South Africa and Zimbabwe are key producers of platinum group metals in the world. Large-scale expansion projects coupled with the development of smelters and refineries will consolidate Southern Africa's position as the largest producer of platinum group metals in the world.
- This research service provides an up-to-date analysis of the production and investment trends in Southern Africa's platinum mining industry between 2006 and 2018.
- Southern Africa is the world's largest platinum producing region, accounting for % of the global platinum production in 2012.
- South Africa and Zimbabwe are the key producers of platinum in the Southern African region and the two countries host approximately xx% of the global platinum deposits.
- The two countries are key participants in the global platinum mining industry and disruption to platinum production in these countries has the potential to affect the global platinum industry.
- South Africa, which is the world's largest platinum producer, accounted for % of the global new mine supply of platinum while Zimbabwe accounted for xx% of the global platinum production in 2012.
- New mine supply of platinum from the Southern African region declined from xx million ounces in 2006 to xx million ounces in 2012 due to the declining global demand for platinum, safety-related production stoppages and the difficult labour relations environment in South Africa.
- Zimbabwe's platinum production has been increasing between 2006 and 2012, but the government's indigenisation policy that requires all companies in the country to cede % shareholding to indigenous Zimbabweans, has resulted in a slow down in the investment activity in the country's platinum mining industry.
- There are a total of platinum expansion projects in Southern Africa's platinum mining industry that were together worth $xx billion in 2012.
- South Africa has xx pre-feasibility, bankable feasibility, and construction-stage platinum projects worth $xxbillion in all, accounting for xx% of the total platinum projects in Southern Africa in 2012.
- Zimbabwe has four prefeasibility, bankable feasibility, and construction-stage projects that are collectively worth $xx billion, accounting for xx% of the total platinum projects in Southern Africa in 2012.
- There are xx pre-feasibility stage platinum projects in Southern Africa that are collectively worth $xx billion and they are owned by small-to medium-sized platinum mining companies.
- Jubilee Platinum's Tjate and Zimbabwe Platinum Ltd's (Zimplats) Ngezi Phase 3 project are major prefeasibility stage projects in Southern Africa's platinum mining industry.
- Southern Africa's platinum mining industry hosts construction-stage projects and four bankable feasibility stage projects that were collectively worth $xx billion in 2012.
- Impala Platinum's Ltd's (Implats) shaft numbers 16,17, and 20, and Anglo Platinum's Limited's (Amplats) Tumela 4 shaft and Styldrift projects are some of the major construction stage projects.
- Slowing global economic conditions and softening demand for platinum have resulted in Amplats suspending its expansion projects such as Styldrift and Twickenham projects.
- Southern Africa's platinum production is predicted to witness a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) at ofxx% between 2012 and 2018.
- The state of the global automotive market, particularly the European and US markets, will have a significant bearing on the growth of Southern Africa's platinum mining industry.
- The difficult labour relations environment and safety-related production stoppages will continue to impact South Africa's platinum production.
- Increasing political and economic uncertainties in Zimbabwe will impact on the country's platinum investment projects.
- Suspension of large-scale platinum expansion projects in Southern Africa will limit the region's capacity to increase its platinum production.
- Understanding the production trends in the platinum mining industry in Southern Africa between 2006 and 2018.
- Providing company- and country-level production forecasts for the platinum mining industry in Southern Africa between 2006 and 2018.
- Understanding Southern Africa's platinum mining industry's capital expenditure trends and discussing the expansion projects between 2012 and 2016.
- Providing insights into the factors that drive and restrain the growth of the platinum mining industry in Southern Africa.
Scope of the Study
- The study will focus on production, investment, and capital expenditure trends in Southern Africa's platinum mining industry.
- This research service will focus on platinum production at the country and company levels in Southern Africa's platinum mining industry.
- This research service will focus on capital expenditure trends and expansion projects in Southern Africa's platinum mining industry.
Research Aims and Objectives
Overview of the Global Platinum Group Metals Mining Industry
Southern Africa's Platinum Mining Industry
South Africa's Platinum Mining Industry
Zimbabwe's Platinum Mining Industry
Market Drivers and Restraints
Capital Expenditure Trends in Southern Africa's Platinum Mining Industry
Southern Africa's Platinum Production Forecasts
The Frost and Sullivan Story
Read the full report:
Production and Investment Forecasts of the Platinum Mining Industry in Southern Africa
IT data is typically silo'd by the various tools in place. Unifying all the log, metric and event data in one analytics platform stops finger pointing and provides the end-to-end correlation. Logs, metrics and custom event data can be joined to tell the holistic story of your software and operations. For example, users can correlate code deploys to system performance to application error codes. In his session at DevOps Summit, Michael Demmer, VP of Engineering at Jut, will discuss how this can...
Jul. 3, 2015 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 731
DevOps Summit, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long development...
Jul. 3, 2015 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 457
"Plutora provides release and testing environment capabilities to the enterprise," explained Dalibor Siroky, Director and Co-founder of Plutora, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 3, 2015 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,213
The 17th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. 17th International Cloud Expo, to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, APM, APIs, Microservices, Security, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding bu...
Jul. 3, 2015 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 467
"AgilData is the next generation of dbShards. It just adds a whole bunch more functionality to improve the developer experience," noted Dan Lynn, CEO of AgilData, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 3, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 912
The basic integration architecture, as defined by ESBs, hasn’t changed for more than a decade. Most cloud integration providers still rely on an ESB architecture and their proprietary connectors. As a result, enterprise integration projects suffer from constraints of availability and reliability of these connectors that are not re-usable across other integration vendors. However, the rapid adoption of APIs and almost ubiquitous availability of APIs amongst most SaaS and Cloud applications are ra...
Jul. 3, 2015 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 832
SYS-CON Events announced today that Secure Infrastructure & Services will exhibit at SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS) is a managed services provider of cloud computing solutions for the IBM Power Systems market. The company helps mid-market firms built on IBM hardware platforms to deploy new levels of reliable and cost-effective computing and hig...
Jul. 3, 2015 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 613
The 5th International DevOps Summit, co-located with 17th International Cloud Expo – being held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the ...
Jul. 3, 2015 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 418
"We help to transform an organization and their operations and make them more efficient, more agile, and more nimble to move into the cloud or to move between cloud providers and create an agnostic tool set," noted Jeremy Steinert, DevOps Services Practice Lead at WSM International, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 3, 2015 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 814
The most often asked question post-DevOps introduction is: “How do I get started?” There’s plenty of information on why DevOps is valid and important, but many managers still struggle with simple basics for how to initiate a DevOps program in their business. They struggle with issues related to current organizational inertia, the lack of experience on Continuous Integration/Delivery, understanding where DevOps will affect revenue and budget, etc. In their session at DevOps Summit, JP Morgenthal...
Jul. 3, 2015 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 909
One of the hottest areas in cloud right now is DRaaS and related offerings. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Dale Levesque, Disaster Recovery Product Manager with Windstream's Cloud and Data Center Marketing team, will discuss the benefits of the cloud model, which far outweigh the traditional approach, and how enterprises need to ensure that their needs are properly being met.
Jul. 3, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,177
The time is ripe for high speed resilient software defined storage solutions with unlimited scalability. ISS has been working with the leading open source projects and developed a commercial high performance solution that is able to grow forever without performance limitations. In his session at Cloud Expo, Alex Gorbachev, President of Intelligent Systems Services Inc., shared foundation principles of Ceph architecture, as well as the design to deliver this storage to traditional SAN storage co...
Jul. 3, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,135
17th Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterprises ar...
Jul. 3, 2015 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 555
Overgrown applications have given way to modular applications, driven by the need to break larger problems into smaller problems. Similarly large monolithic development processes have been forced to be broken into smaller agile development cycles. Looking at trends in software development, microservices architectures meet the same demands. Additional benefits of microservices architectures are compartmentalization and a limited impact of service failure versus a complete software malfunction. ...
Jul. 3, 2015 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,161
Discussions about cloud computing are evolving into discussions about enterprise IT in general. As enterprises increasingly migrate toward their own unique clouds, new issues such as the use of containers and microservices emerge to keep things interesting. In this Power Panel at 16th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed the state of cloud computing today, and what enterprise IT professionals need to know about how the latest topics and trends affect t...
Jul. 3, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,389