|By PR Newswire||
|January 6, 2014 01:16 PM EST||
LONDON, Jan. 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportbuyer.com just published a new market research report:
Production and Investment Forecasts of the Platinum Mining Industry in Southern Africa
Increasing World Vehicle Fleet will Stimulate Platinum Production in Southern Africa
This research service provides a detailed and up-to-date market intelligence on production and investment trends in the platinum mining industry in Southern Africa. Southern Africa hosts over 87% of the world's platinum group metal deposits and accounted for 79% of platinum in 2012. South Africa and Zimbabwe are key producers of platinum group metals in the world. Large-scale expansion projects coupled with the development of smelters and refineries will consolidate Southern Africa's position as the largest producer of platinum group metals in the world.
- This research service provides an up-to-date analysis of the production and investment trends in Southern Africa's platinum mining industry between 2006 and 2018.
- Southern Africa is the world's largest platinum producing region, accounting for % of the global platinum production in 2012.
- South Africa and Zimbabwe are the key producers of platinum in the Southern African region and the two countries host approximately xx% of the global platinum deposits.
- The two countries are key participants in the global platinum mining industry and disruption to platinum production in these countries has the potential to affect the global platinum industry.
- South Africa, which is the world's largest platinum producer, accounted for % of the global new mine supply of platinum while Zimbabwe accounted for xx% of the global platinum production in 2012.
- New mine supply of platinum from the Southern African region declined from xx million ounces in 2006 to xx million ounces in 2012 due to the declining global demand for platinum, safety-related production stoppages and the difficult labour relations environment in South Africa.
- Zimbabwe's platinum production has been increasing between 2006 and 2012, but the government's indigenisation policy that requires all companies in the country to cede % shareholding to indigenous Zimbabweans, has resulted in a slow down in the investment activity in the country's platinum mining industry.
- There are a total of platinum expansion projects in Southern Africa's platinum mining industry that were together worth $xx billion in 2012.
- South Africa has xx pre-feasibility, bankable feasibility, and construction-stage platinum projects worth $xxbillion in all, accounting for xx% of the total platinum projects in Southern Africa in 2012.
- Zimbabwe has four prefeasibility, bankable feasibility, and construction-stage projects that are collectively worth $xx billion, accounting for xx% of the total platinum projects in Southern Africa in 2012.
- There are xx pre-feasibility stage platinum projects in Southern Africa that are collectively worth $xx billion and they are owned by small-to medium-sized platinum mining companies.
- Jubilee Platinum's Tjate and Zimbabwe Platinum Ltd's (Zimplats) Ngezi Phase 3 project are major prefeasibility stage projects in Southern Africa's platinum mining industry.
- Southern Africa's platinum mining industry hosts construction-stage projects and four bankable feasibility stage projects that were collectively worth $xx billion in 2012.
- Impala Platinum's Ltd's (Implats) shaft numbers 16,17, and 20, and Anglo Platinum's Limited's (Amplats) Tumela 4 shaft and Styldrift projects are some of the major construction stage projects.
- Slowing global economic conditions and softening demand for platinum have resulted in Amplats suspending its expansion projects such as Styldrift and Twickenham projects.
- Southern Africa's platinum production is predicted to witness a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) at ofxx% between 2012 and 2018.
- The state of the global automotive market, particularly the European and US markets, will have a significant bearing on the growth of Southern Africa's platinum mining industry.
- The difficult labour relations environment and safety-related production stoppages will continue to impact South Africa's platinum production.
- Increasing political and economic uncertainties in Zimbabwe will impact on the country's platinum investment projects.
- Suspension of large-scale platinum expansion projects in Southern Africa will limit the region's capacity to increase its platinum production.
- Understanding the production trends in the platinum mining industry in Southern Africa between 2006 and 2018.
- Providing company- and country-level production forecasts for the platinum mining industry in Southern Africa between 2006 and 2018.
- Understanding Southern Africa's platinum mining industry's capital expenditure trends and discussing the expansion projects between 2012 and 2016.
- Providing insights into the factors that drive and restrain the growth of the platinum mining industry in Southern Africa.
Scope of the Study
- The study will focus on production, investment, and capital expenditure trends in Southern Africa's platinum mining industry.
- This research service will focus on platinum production at the country and company levels in Southern Africa's platinum mining industry.
- This research service will focus on capital expenditure trends and expansion projects in Southern Africa's platinum mining industry.
Research Aims and Objectives
Overview of the Global Platinum Group Metals Mining Industry
Southern Africa's Platinum Mining Industry
South Africa's Platinum Mining Industry
Zimbabwe's Platinum Mining Industry
Market Drivers and Restraints
Capital Expenditure Trends in Southern Africa's Platinum Mining Industry
Southern Africa's Platinum Production Forecasts
The Frost and Sullivan Story
Read the full report:
Production and Investment Forecasts of the Platinum Mining Industry in Southern Africa
"We are an all-flash array storage provider but our focus has been on VM-aware storage specifically for virtualized applications," stated Dhiraj Sehgal of Tintri in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 11, 2016 05:00 AM EST Reads: 1,168
"We are a leader in the market space called network visibility solutions - it enables monitoring tools and Big Data analysis to access the data and be able to see the performance," explained Shay Morag, VP of Sales and Marketing at Niagara Networks, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 11, 2016 04:45 AM EST Reads: 647
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
Dec. 11, 2016 04:30 AM EST Reads: 874
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smart...
Dec. 11, 2016 03:30 AM EST Reads: 1,145
Complete Internet of Things (IoT) embedded device security is not just about the device but involves the entire product’s identity, data and control integrity, and services traversing the cloud. A device can no longer be looked at as an island; it is a part of a system. In fact, given the cross-domain interactions enabled by IoT it could be a part of many systems. Also, depending on where the device is deployed, for example, in the office building versus a factory floor or oil field, security ha...
Dec. 11, 2016 03:00 AM EST Reads: 799
An IoT product’s log files speak volumes about what’s happening with your products in the field, pinpointing current and potential issues, and enabling you to predict failures and save millions of dollars in inventory. But until recently, no one knew how to listen. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dan Gettens, Chief Research Officer at OnProcess, discussed recent research by Massachusetts Institute of Technology and OnProcess Technology, where MIT created a new, breakthrough analytics model for s...
Dec. 11, 2016 02:45 AM EST Reads: 914
In IT, we sometimes coin terms for things before we know exactly what they are and how they’ll be used. The resulting terms may capture a common set of aspirations and goals – as “cloud” did broadly for on-demand, self-service, and flexible computing. But such a term can also lump together diverse and even competing practices, technologies, and priorities to the point where important distinctions are glossed over and lost.
Dec. 11, 2016 02:45 AM EST Reads: 1,804
"We are the public cloud providers. We are currently providing 50% of the resources they need for doing e-commerce business in China and we are hosting about 60% of mobile gaming in China," explained Yi Zheng, CPO and VP of Engineering at CDS Global Cloud, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 11, 2016 02:30 AM EST Reads: 1,300
SYS-CON Events has announced today that Roger Strukhoff has been named conference chair of Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo 2017 New York. The 20th Cloud Expo and 7th @ThingsExpo will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. "The Internet of Things brings trillions of dollars of opportunity to developers and enterprise IT, no matter how you measure it," stated Roger Strukhoff. "More importantly, it leverages the power of devices and the Internet to enable us all to im...
Dec. 11, 2016 02:30 AM EST Reads: 1,060
"We are a custom software development, engineering firm. We specialize in cloud applications from helping customers that have on-premise applications migrating to the cloud, to helping customers design brand new apps in the cloud. And we specialize in mobile apps," explained Peter Di Stefano, Vice President of Marketing at Impiger Technologies, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 11, 2016 01:45 AM EST Reads: 755
When it comes to cloud computing, the ability to turn massive amounts of compute cores on and off on demand sounds attractive to IT staff, who need to manage peaks and valleys in user activity. With cloud bursting, the majority of the data can stay on premises while tapping into compute from public cloud providers, reducing risk and minimizing need to move large files. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Scott Jeschonek, Director of Product Management at Avere Systems, discussed the IT and busin...
Dec. 11, 2016 01:45 AM EST Reads: 4,055
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, director/senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Dec. 11, 2016 01:30 AM EST Reads: 1,754
In his general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, discussed how Dice leverages data insights and tools to help both tech professionals and recruiters better understand how skills relate to each other and which skills are in high demand using interactive visualizations and salary indicator tools to maximize earning potential. Manish Dixit is VP of Product and Engineering at Dice. As the leader of the Product, Engineering and Data Sciences team at D...
Dec. 11, 2016 01:15 AM EST Reads: 1,348
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Dec. 11, 2016 12:00 AM EST Reads: 1,133
Financial Technology has become a topic of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities. Accordingly, attendees at the upcoming 20th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York, June 6-8, 2017, will find fresh new content in a new track called FinTech.
Dec. 11, 2016 12:00 AM EST Reads: 2,403