|By PR Newswire||
|January 6, 2014 01:16 PM EST||
LONDON, Jan. 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportbuyer.com just published a new market research report:
Production and Investment Forecasts of the Platinum Mining Industry in Southern Africa
Increasing World Vehicle Fleet will Stimulate Platinum Production in Southern Africa
This research service provides a detailed and up-to-date market intelligence on production and investment trends in the platinum mining industry in Southern Africa. Southern Africa hosts over 87% of the world's platinum group metal deposits and accounted for 79% of platinum in 2012. South Africa and Zimbabwe are key producers of platinum group metals in the world. Large-scale expansion projects coupled with the development of smelters and refineries will consolidate Southern Africa's position as the largest producer of platinum group metals in the world.
- This research service provides an up-to-date analysis of the production and investment trends in Southern Africa's platinum mining industry between 2006 and 2018.
- Southern Africa is the world's largest platinum producing region, accounting for % of the global platinum production in 2012.
- South Africa and Zimbabwe are the key producers of platinum in the Southern African region and the two countries host approximately xx% of the global platinum deposits.
- The two countries are key participants in the global platinum mining industry and disruption to platinum production in these countries has the potential to affect the global platinum industry.
- South Africa, which is the world's largest platinum producer, accounted for % of the global new mine supply of platinum while Zimbabwe accounted for xx% of the global platinum production in 2012.
- New mine supply of platinum from the Southern African region declined from xx million ounces in 2006 to xx million ounces in 2012 due to the declining global demand for platinum, safety-related production stoppages and the difficult labour relations environment in South Africa.
- Zimbabwe's platinum production has been increasing between 2006 and 2012, but the government's indigenisation policy that requires all companies in the country to cede % shareholding to indigenous Zimbabweans, has resulted in a slow down in the investment activity in the country's platinum mining industry.
- There are a total of platinum expansion projects in Southern Africa's platinum mining industry that were together worth $xx billion in 2012.
- South Africa has xx pre-feasibility, bankable feasibility, and construction-stage platinum projects worth $xxbillion in all, accounting for xx% of the total platinum projects in Southern Africa in 2012.
- Zimbabwe has four prefeasibility, bankable feasibility, and construction-stage projects that are collectively worth $xx billion, accounting for xx% of the total platinum projects in Southern Africa in 2012.
- There are xx pre-feasibility stage platinum projects in Southern Africa that are collectively worth $xx billion and they are owned by small-to medium-sized platinum mining companies.
- Jubilee Platinum's Tjate and Zimbabwe Platinum Ltd's (Zimplats) Ngezi Phase 3 project are major prefeasibility stage projects in Southern Africa's platinum mining industry.
- Southern Africa's platinum mining industry hosts construction-stage projects and four bankable feasibility stage projects that were collectively worth $xx billion in 2012.
- Impala Platinum's Ltd's (Implats) shaft numbers 16,17, and 20, and Anglo Platinum's Limited's (Amplats) Tumela 4 shaft and Styldrift projects are some of the major construction stage projects.
- Slowing global economic conditions and softening demand for platinum have resulted in Amplats suspending its expansion projects such as Styldrift and Twickenham projects.
- Southern Africa's platinum production is predicted to witness a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) at ofxx% between 2012 and 2018.
- The state of the global automotive market, particularly the European and US markets, will have a significant bearing on the growth of Southern Africa's platinum mining industry.
- The difficult labour relations environment and safety-related production stoppages will continue to impact South Africa's platinum production.
- Increasing political and economic uncertainties in Zimbabwe will impact on the country's platinum investment projects.
- Suspension of large-scale platinum expansion projects in Southern Africa will limit the region's capacity to increase its platinum production.
- Understanding the production trends in the platinum mining industry in Southern Africa between 2006 and 2018.
- Providing company- and country-level production forecasts for the platinum mining industry in Southern Africa between 2006 and 2018.
- Understanding Southern Africa's platinum mining industry's capital expenditure trends and discussing the expansion projects between 2012 and 2016.
- Providing insights into the factors that drive and restrain the growth of the platinum mining industry in Southern Africa.
Scope of the Study
- The study will focus on production, investment, and capital expenditure trends in Southern Africa's platinum mining industry.
- This research service will focus on platinum production at the country and company levels in Southern Africa's platinum mining industry.
- This research service will focus on capital expenditure trends and expansion projects in Southern Africa's platinum mining industry.
Research Aims and Objectives
Overview of the Global Platinum Group Metals Mining Industry
Southern Africa's Platinum Mining Industry
South Africa's Platinum Mining Industry
Zimbabwe's Platinum Mining Industry
Market Drivers and Restraints
Capital Expenditure Trends in Southern Africa's Platinum Mining Industry
Southern Africa's Platinum Production Forecasts
The Frost and Sullivan Story
Read the full report:
Production and Investment Forecasts of the Platinum Mining Industry in Southern Africa
Developing software for the Internet of Things (IoT) comes with its own set of challenges. Security, privacy, and unified standards are a few key issues. In addition, each IoT product is comprised of (at least) three separate application components: the software embedded in the device, the back-end service, and the mobile application for the end user’s controls. Each component is developed by a different team, using different technologies and practices, and deployed to a different stack/target –...
Aug. 31, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 267
SYS-CON Events announced today that Hitrons Solutions will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Hitrons Solutions Inc. is distributor in the North American market for unique products and services of small and medium-size businesses, including cloud services and solutions, SEO marketing platforms, and mobile applications.
Aug. 31, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 872
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Aug. 31, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,839
SYS-CON Events announced today that Numerex Corp, a leading provider of managed enterprise solutions enabling the Internet of Things (IoT), will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Numerex Corp. (NASDAQ:NMRX) is a leading provider of managed enterprise solutions enabling the Internet of Things (IoT). The Company's solutions produce new revenue streams or create operating...
Aug. 31, 2016 04:39 PM EDT Reads: 177
Enterprises have forever faced challenges surrounding the sharing of their intellectual property. Emerging cloud adoption has made it more compelling for enterprises to digitize their content, making them available over a wide variety of devices across the Internet. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Santosh Ahuja, Director of Architecture at Impiger Technologies, will introduce various mechanisms provided by cloud service providers today to manage and share digital content in a secure manner....
Aug. 31, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 975
We are always online. We access our data, our finances, work, and various services on the Internet. But we live in a congested world of information in which the roads were built two decades ago. The quest for better, faster Internet routing has been around for a decade, but nobody solved this problem. We’ve seen band aid approaches like CDNs that attack a niche's slice of static content part of the Internet, but that’s it. It does not address the dynamic services-based Internet of today. It doe...
Aug. 31, 2016 04:12 PM EDT Reads: 220
As the world moves toward more DevOps and Microservices, application deployment to the cloud ought to become a lot simpler. The Microservices architecture, which is the basis of many new age distributed systems such as OpenStack, NetFlix and so on, is at the heart of Cloud Foundry - a complete developer-oriented Platform as a Service (PaaS) that is IaaS agnostic and supports vCloud, OpenStack and AWS. Serverless computing is revolutionizing computing. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Raghav...
Aug. 31, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,127
While DevOps promises a better and tighter integration among an organization’s development and operation teams and transforms an application life cycle into a continual deployment, Chef and Azure together provides a speedy, cost-effective and highly scalable vehicle for realizing the business values of this transformation. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Yung Chou, a Technology Evangelist at Microsoft, will present a unique opportunity to witness how Chef and Azure work tog...
Aug. 31, 2016 03:29 PM EDT Reads: 192
As cloud adoption continues to transform business, today’s global enterprises are challenged with managing a growing amount of information living outside of the data center. The rapid adoption of IoT and increasingly mobile workforce are exacerbating the problem. Ensuring secure data sharing and efficient backup poses capacity and bandwidth considerations as well as policy and regulatory compliance issues.
Aug. 31, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 313
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Aug. 31, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 789
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Aug. 31, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,099
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, will discuss the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports. The session will include a working demo and a technical d...
Aug. 31, 2016 02:03 PM EDT Reads: 221
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Aug. 31, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,282
Between the mockups and specs produced by analysts, and resulting applications built by developers, there exists a gulf where projects fail, costs spiral, and applications disappoint. Methodologies like Agile attempt to address this with intensified communication, with partial success but many limitations. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Charles Kendrick, CTO at Isomorphic Software, will present a revolutionary model enabled by new technologies. Learn how business and deve...
Aug. 31, 2016 12:26 PM EDT Reads: 173
SYS-CON Events announced today that eCube Systems, a leading provider of middleware modernization, integration, and management solutions, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. eCube Systems offers a family of middleware evolution products and services that maximize return on technology investment by leveraging existing technical equity to meet evolving business needs. ...
Aug. 31, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 929