|By PR Newswire||
|January 6, 2014 01:43 PM EST||
LONDON, Jan. 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportbuyer.com just published a new market research report:
Smart Parking, Aided by Real-time Parking Information and Technology to be Future of Parking
The aim of this research service is to provide a strategic overview of the parking industry and its stakeholders in Europe and North America. The study analyses the key operational strategies of parking operators, parking app providers, automakers and their implications on mobility integration. An attempt has been made to understand the major parking operators' and parking app providers' operational business models in Europe and North America. The study also entails the major parking technologies used in the area of ticketing, vehicle number plate recognition, and parking space availability. It draws a comparison of the conventional and modern parking industry, which is now considered as a significant entity of mobility in cities.
Executive Summary—Key Findings
1. Early stage growth opportunities will attract X new start-ups in the parking industry providing real-time parking applications with investments ranging from $X to $X million in the next X toX years.
2. More than X global automotive original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) are expected to be associated in strategic alliances by 2020 via partnerships with parking operators, app providers, standalone, via car sharing, or all of the above.
3. The parking industry is expected to be more connected and integrated with trends and technologies such as M2M (Machine-to-Machine), IoT (Internet of Things), LBS (Location-Based Services), cloud-based services, and mobile-based applications.
4. The automotive industry is expected to congregate and include real-time parking information assistance along with in-vehicle communications, telematics, navigation, and infotainment services.
5. Over the next decade, the majority of parking lot navigation and transactions will migrate toward the smartphone or autonomous in-car meter, slowly relieving the city streets of expensive and costly payment machines.
6. The future parking industry will have the proliferation of services hosted on cloud computing, mobile, personal, local, and social media. Smart parking initiatives will be enhanced with street-level-to-cloud network and data analysis applications.
7. The US parking industry grosses $X to $Xbillion annually and provides a minimum of three parking spaces to each car it has on road. Meanwhile the parking industry turnover of public parking spaces in Western Europe (EU-15) is estimated at over € billion a year, providing a minimum of one parking space for each car.
8. By 2020, it is expected that nearly Xmillion parking spaces will deliver real-time parking information with the help of sensors. Technology start-ups installed sensors for of San Francisco's meters (SFpark project) and parking spots on downtown Los Angeles' streets (LA Express Park).
9. The five largest private parking companies in Europe operate almost X million parking spaces with an annual revenue of € billion.
10. Germany, among the European markets, is expected to be the leader in parking management in terms of number of participants, flexibility of operations, and innovations in parking, followed by the United Kingdom and France by 2020.
11. European cities are on the verge of reducing parking spaces while freeing up city space to relieve congestion and apply effective motivation to use public transport. Cities such as Paris, London, Amsterdam, Zurich, and Stockholm are working on smart strategies to free up city space by installing bollards* and adopting smart parking initiatives.
12. Telecom and IT companies are entering the parking industry with smart sensor-based solutions, information management, and advanced analytics.
13. The top five states in the United States with parking facilities—California, New York, Texas, Florida, and Illinois—generate more thanX% of the revenue, and constitute X% of the parking facilities in the United States.
14. European cities are leading the world in using parking as a tool to revitalise their cities, while the US parking industry has seen a lower level of innovation to catch up to Europe's use of technology.
Evolution of the Parking Industry
Parking facilities are going green and smart, and are experiencing an explosion of new parking applications for smart phones and mobile devices and moving away from cash payments to ePayment.
Parking Management: Parking Industry Evolution, Europe and North America, 1990–2015
1990s - Manually operated parking industry
2000 - Significant level of automation
Automated Parking Systems
License Plate Recognition
EV Charging Facilities
Technologies – RFID, CCTV
2010 - Integration of Web-based services and new technologies
Centralised Network Management Systems
Mobile Payment Technology
Beyond 2015 - Smart parking, consolidation of services
Cloud-based services, pay-by-text, pay-by-voice, pay-by-phone
Mobile apps for payment and reservation
In-vehicle parking reservation
Wireless Sensor Integration
Executive Summary—Key Findings and Future Outlook
Parking Management: Key Findings and Future Outlook, Europe and North America, 2013–2020
5 key global automotive OEMs have invested or shown interest in the parking industry in different spheres of integration—in parking apps, parking garages, or infrastructure providers—and have expanded their portfolios.
At least X to Xautomotive OEMs are expected to venture into the parking industry and exhibit a higher level on integration.
A trend in the parking industry is connectivity and accessibility. The major parking operators in Europe and the United States are associating with real-time parking information providers to help customers in locating parking garages, the cost and availability of vacant spaces, and reservation of space.
Parking to be more integrated and involve participants from automotive, communication, infrastructure, and technology providers, all working together. Parking will be a hot spot for mobility in cities and a dependable revenue generation model.
The US parking industry grosses $X–$X billion annually for the X million registered US passenger vehicles and adds X% to carbon dioxide emissions. The parking spaces total 160 billion square feet of concrete and asphalt.
A number— or more—of potential private-public joint initiatives such as SFpark, ParkIndy, and LA Express Park™ have helped the removal and recycling of unused parking lots and garages. Smart, real-time parking to be the future.
The present day parking industry is engrossed with automation solutions and basic level software implications for parking reservations and payments.
Future trends will have the inclusion of adapted technologies from the communications and IT industry, such as M2M (machine-to-machine), IoT (Internet of Things), LBS (location-based Services), cloud-based services, and mobile-based applications which will integrate and work together.
Overview—Parking Ticket Technologies
The trend for parking reservations is going online and is also assisted by mobile-based bookings, which is a value-addition to the conventional ticket technologies.
Technologies used for Parking Tickets
RFID (Radio-frequency identification) windshield key tags: The state-of-the-art access solution is easy to operate and environmentally-friendly key tags are easy to mount and are PVC (polyvinyl chloride) free.
Pay-by-phone (sms): Used by Impark and LAZ parking companies with a Wireless Suite.
NFC (Near-field Communication) Cell phone as a ticket: Paperless tickets to the marketplace. Simple ticket to long-term parking pass, e.g., Mobile Parking Tickets in Vienna.
Pay-by-plate Parking (Automatic Number Plate Recognition): The Calgary Parking Authority uses a pay-by-plate system assisted with highly sophisticated cameras.
Using Smart Card, such as P-card from Contipark: Ticketless parking and can be monitored online with convenience.
Using Mobile app: APCOA uses mobile app to pay for its parking usage.
Key Questions this Study will Answer
• What is the business environment of the parking industry, the dynamics, and other related industries?
• Who are the key parking operators in Europe and North America? What is their approach and operational business model?
• What are the key trends in the current and future parking industry? What levels of modernisation and innovation does the parking industry exhibit?
• What are the challenges in parking management and how is the industry working with city councils, governments, automakers, and infrastructure providers to deliver the best services?
• Who are the new participants in the parking industry and what is the level of convergence?
• How are automotive OEMs integrating parking into the vehicle and what is the level of integration?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Research Scope, Objectives, Methodology, and Background
3. Definitions and Segmentation
4. Overview of the Parking Industry
5. Megatrends and Industry Convergence Implications
6. European Parking Industry
• Parking Industry Structure and Value Chain
• Parking Industry Trends, Case Studies, and Business Models
• Case Studies of Traditional Parking Companies
7. North American Parking Industry
• Parking Industry Structure and Value Chain
• Parking Industry Trends, Case Studies, and Business Models
• Case Studies of Traditional Parking Companies
8. Future Trends in the Parking Industry
9. Business Models—Parking Industry
10. Conclusions and Future Outlook
Read the full report:
Future of Vehicle Parking Management Systems in North America and Europe
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York and Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty ...
May. 26, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,491
SYS-CON Events announced today that Isomorphic Software will exhibit at SYS-CON's [email protected] at Cloud Expo New York, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Isomorphic Software provides the SmartClient HTML5/AJAX platform, the most advanced technology for building rich, high-productivity enterprise web applications for any device. SmartClient couples the industry’s broadest, deepest UI component set with a java server framework to deliver an end-...
May. 26, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,010
As organizations shift towards IT-as-a-service models, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and now cloud environments grows with it. Commvault can ensure protection, access and E-Discovery of your data – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud, or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enterprise. In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Randy De Meno, Chief Technologist - Windows Products and Microsoft Part...
May. 26, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 320
SYS-CON Events announced today that AppNeta, the leader in performance insight for business-critical web applications, will exhibit and present at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. AppNeta is the only application performance monitoring (APM) company to provide solutions for all applications – applications you develop internally, business-critical SaaS applications you use and the networks that deli...
May. 26, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,313
Join us at Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo 2016 – June 7-9 at the Javits Center in New York City and November 1-3 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – and deliver your unique message in a way that is striking and unforgettable by taking advantage of SYS-CON's unmatched high-impact, result-driven event / media packages.
May. 26, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,269
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, will provide an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life ...
May. 26, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,861
Many banks and financial institutions are experimenting with containers in development environments, but when will they move into production? Containers are seen as the key to achieving the ultimate in information technology flexibility and agility. Containers work on both public and private clouds, and make it easy to build and deploy applications. The challenge for regulated industries is the cost and complexity of container security compliance. VM security compliance is already challenging, ...
May. 26, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,179
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
May. 26, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,751
Cloud computing changed data analytics for good. It enabled companies to drastically decrease resources and architecture previously assigned with business intelligence departments. It also enabled laymen to run advanced business analytics. Cloud was also the architecture of choice for storing and processing big data. Data piling is a continuous process, which is going to explode with emerging Internet of Things concept. Answer to this issue developers found in new concept called fog computing. ...
May. 26, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,906
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management...
May. 26, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,975
18th Cloud Expo, taking place June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterprises are using some...
May. 26, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,044
SYS-CON Events announced today that Tintri Inc., a leading producer of VM-aware storage (VAS) for virtualization and cloud environments, will exhibit at the 18th International CloudExpo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
May. 26, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,214
The IoTs will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and share the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the development proc...
May. 26, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,858
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in Embedded and IoT solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology, is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and ...
May. 26, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 373
SYS-CON Events announced today that Enzu, a leading provider of cloud hosting solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Enzu’s mission is to be the leading provider of enterprise cloud solutions worldwide. Enzu enables online businesses to use its IT infrastructure to their competitive advantage. By offering a suite of proven hosting and management services, Enzu wants companies to foc...
May. 26, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,176