|By PR Newswire||
|January 6, 2014 02:16 PM EST||
LONDON, Jan. 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportbuyer.com just published a new market research report:
Maintenance Services Gain Importance Amid Surging Global Demand for Refined Fuels
Refinery maintenance is often overlooked due to high costs, shutdown time and the resultant loss of production. The growing global demand of processed fuels has increased the significance of refinery maintenance unprecedentedly. This research service deals with the steadily growing turnaround maintenance market in refineries. The study analyses the historic and futuristic scenarios of the industry, from 2009 to 2017. The forecasts provided examine the revenues and the cost of turnarounds across the globe with detailed regional analysis. Furthermore, it gives an elaborate insight into the market movements, prevalent drivers and restraints in the industry and an interesting sneak peek into the emerging trends.
•The oil & gas refinery MRO (maintenance, repair, and overhaul) services market sustains steady growth throughout the study period, 2009–2017.
•Valued at $XBillion in 2012, the revenue is expected to grow at a CAGR of X% through 2017 to reach $XBillion.
•The global refinery capacity is set to increase from X million barrels per day in 2012 to X million barrels per day by 2017, at a CAGR of X%.
•Turnaround maintenance services for refineries is expected to become increasingly significant. Well-maintained refineries will be able to produce fuels more efficiently, boosting the throughput to suffice the growing demand.
•The increasing global financial instability is anticipated to increase the cost of turnaround maintenance services steadily. The increasing prices of resources is expected to have a dampening effect over the industry during the forecast period.
•Refining margins have been decreasing over the years, resulting in lower profits. While turnaround is an expensive activity, it increases the refinery efficiency, and thus, results in larger profits.
•Middle East is the fastest growing region followed by Asia Pacific owing to a great deal of refinery expansions and greenfield refinery additions.
•The Middle East & African region is expected to grow at a CAGR of X% while Asia Pacific is expected to witness a CAGR of X%.
•Europe and Americas are expected to grow at a sluggish but steady rate, primarily propelled by the aging refineries and their increased maintenance.
•The European region has the lowest growth rate, at a CAGR of only X%, whereas the Americas grow at X% CAGR.
•China, India, and Japan are expected to be the fastest growing markets in the Asia-Pacific region. Their geographical proximity to oil producing nations and inexpensive resources makes theseX countries ideal for refining and boosting the oil and gas refinery MRO services market as well.
•Brazil is emerging as a promising refining centre in the American region. Its contribution to the MRO services revenue is expected to increase considerably by 2017.
•One of Africa's largest oil producing nations, Nigeria, is also an evolving refinery hub. With its increasing refinery capacity, it has a significant opportunity for the MRO service contractors.
•Saudi Arabia leads the refinery growth in the Middle East, while other countries in the region also look to increase their capacities, providing better than ever prospects for the highly fragmented oil and gas refinery MRO service market.
1. Chinese, Indian, and Middle Eastern ambitious refinery projects are primarily responsible for global turnaround MRO service market growth.
2. Maintenance revenue gets a boost as increasingly stringent environmental and quality regulations are enforced worldwide.
3. Innovative, inexpensive, and time saving methods for maintenance are required as refining margins decrease continually.
4. Africa provides newer opportunities for MRO service market as the region endeavors to become a prominent refining hub.
5. Forward integration in services industry by Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) companies are rapidly becoming a norm, further fragmenting the highly populated competition.
Geographic Coverage: Global
Study Period: 2009–2017
Base Year: 2012
Forecast Period: 2013–2017
Monetary Unit: US Dollars
•The maintenance, repair, and overhaul of any equipment or facility is collectively known as MRO service.
•In the oil and gas refining industry, MRO services encompass turnaround and routine maintenance of the refinery process units. The scope of the study includes:
- Heat exchangers
•Electrical units, instrumentation, and rotary equipment are also a part of maintenance, however, they are not included in this study.
•Refinery captive power plants are out of the scope of this research service.
•The research service discusses the past performance, current trends, and future opportunities for MRO service providers in turnaround refinery activities.
•Segmentation of the study has been done on the basis of the size of the refineries:
- Large scale refineries: Output >X barrels per day.
- Medium scale refineries: X < output > X barrels per day.
- Small scale refineries: Output
- APAC: The Asian-Pacific region includes the following countries–China, India, Japan, South Korea, Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand, Taiwan, Myanmar, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Australia, New Zealand, and others*.
- Europe: Covering the entire European region with countries in the EU X along with Russia, CIS countries, Turkey, Albania, and Croatia.
- Americas: This region includes Canada, USA, and Latin American countries.
- MEA: Covering the Middle Eastern and African nations.
•Monetary unit used throughout this study is US$, unless specified otherwise.
•Pricing of MRO services is based on the cost of providing each of the Xservices: Maintenance, repair, and overhaul for the facilities. These prices do not include the prices of the spare parts.
•The revenue is defined as the value of the contract between the service providing company and the owner of the facility.
•Turnaround maintenance (TAM) revenue: The revenue calculation for providing turnaround maintenance services in the study is as follows:
- TAM price has been taken to be X% of the average refinery construction cost.
- Total refinery capacity undergoing TAM has been calculated as a percent of total refinery capacity in a given year; this has been taken to be X%.
- The product of the TAM capacity and the TAM price gives the TAM revenue.
•MRO services classification:
- Breakdown maintenance: This is the traditional maintenance service provided wherein the broken down equipment is restored to its working form.
- Preventive maintenance: This activity is undertaken to avoid any future breakdowns. It is further classified into –
•Turnaround maintenance: Planned shutdowns to increase the life span of the unit and prevent any failures during operation is termed as turnaround maintenance.
•Routine maintenance: It is usual maintenance work carried mostly by in-house personnel.
- Predictive maintenance: The equipment is inspected and analysed to predict its life expectancy and thus schedule preventive maintenance activities to avoid any breakdowns.
•All MRO activities are handled in-house, except for turnaround maintenance.
•Three tiers of companies are involved in the overall maintenance of a refining facility –
- Tier I: These are the process licensors/OEMs and the point of contact for the facility owner. The process licensors are the companies that have provided the design and technology for the facility. OEMs are companies that have acquired the rights to develop patented technologies. These are usually globally operating conglomerates.
- Tier II: This category comprises of Lump Sum Turn Key (LSTK), EPC contractors, and consultants. While the LSTK and EPC contractors provide the services with their technical expertise, the consultants provide outside support during the turnaround maintenance activities. Their geographical reach expands to many countries.
- Tier III: These are the local maintenance companies for the third and the last tier of the process. These are the companies contracted by the tier II companies to provide maintenance and construction services, as well as engineering and procurement in some cases. Their geographical presence is local and limited to small value contracts.
•Basic units of a refinery are:
- Crude Distillation Unit (CDU) – The first step in a refinery is the distillation of the crude oil into rough fractions that undergo further processing.
- FCCU (Fluidized Catalytic Cracking Unit) – This process converts heavier oils into lighter products. Gasoline, heating oil, fuel oil and other important components are produced at this stage.
- Diesel Hydro Desulphurisation Unit (DHDS) – DHDU is used to reduce the sulphur content in diesel for environmental purposes.
- Sulphur Recovery Unit (SRU) – The SRU is used to recover Sulphur from the refinery streams.
- Merox – Mercaptan oxidation process deactivates the mercaptan sulphur compounds. It is used to treat gasoline, LPG, and heavier fractions.
- Demineralisation unit (DM) – These units provide the mineral-free water required for refinery processes.
- Effluent Plant Treatment (ETP) – The effluents must be treated before released from the facility according to the environmental regulations. Discharge unit uses ultrafiltration techniques to reduce effluent discharge levels to zero.
Turnaround maintenance (TAM) of refinery units:
•TAM is performed every X to X years. The shutdown lasts for about Xto X days, depending on the size of the facility.
•The present condition and life expectancy of the unit is assessed to determine the amount of work required during the shutdown.
•OEMs and process licensors recommend routine catalyst maintenance activities. The process licensor is engaged in catalyst filling recommendations. Catalyst filling can be a part of LSTK contract or an individual contract.
•FCCU reactors & regenerators and Hydrogen Unit Reformers require special contractors due to their complexity. EPC contractors and OEMs are usually preferred for this activity because of their experience.
•Routine maintenance of the refinery units are carried out according to the OEM's or process licensor's recommendations.
•Most of the routine maintenance works are done by in-house professionals however some companies outsource this activity for a few units, for instance, zero discharge unit and demineralisation unit, to service providers.
•MRO service opportunities mostly exist during turnaround maintenance.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
• Why are cost-intensive MRO services important for a facility, especially in the wake of increasingly fluctuating oil and gas prices?
• How will the refinery MRO service market grow in the next 5 years as the industry streamlines its operations to cut costs along with a global increase in the demand for oil and gas?
• What are the current trends and what will be the major factors affecting the growth of the MRO services industry in the future?
• When will the global oil & gas industry realise the necessity and significance of MRO services and switch to newer methods instead of using obsolete servicing techniques?
• Which companies will emerge as leaders in the global market as the competitive landscape changes with forward integration by EPC contractors into the services sector?
• Where are the new hotspots for refinery MRO services amid the growing need for energy and depleting conventional but increasing unconventional fossil fuel sources?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Total Oil & Gas Refinery MRO Services Market
• Drivers and Restraints
• Forecast and Trends
• Market Share and Competitive Analysis
4. Small Scale Refinery Segment Breakdown
5. Medium Scale Refinery Segment Breakdown
6. Large Scale Refinery Segment Breakdown
7. Americas Breakdown
8. Europe Breakdown
9. Middle East & Africa Breakdown
10. Asia-Pacific Breakdown
11. The Last Word
Read the full report:
Global Oil & Gas Refinery MRO Services Market
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Jul. 29, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 899
Cloud analytics is dramatically altering business intelligence. Some businesses will capitalize on these promising new technologies and gain key insights that’ll help them gain competitive advantage. And others won’t. Whether you’re a business leader, an IT manager, or an analyst, we want to help you and the people you need to influence with a free copy of “Cloud Analytics for Dummies,” the essential guide to this explosive new space for business intelligence.
Jul. 29, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 969
Big Data, cloud, analytics, contextual information, wearable tech, sensors, mobility, and WebRTC: together, these advances have created a perfect storm of technologies that are disrupting and transforming classic communications models and ecosystems. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Erik Perotti, Senior Manager of New Ventures on Plantronics’ Innovation team, provided an overview of this technological shift, including associated business and consumer communications impacts, and opportunities it ...
Jul. 29, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 344
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Jul. 29, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,236
Qosmos has announced new milestones in the detection of encrypted traffic and in protocol signature coverage. Qosmos latest software can accurately classify traffic encrypted with SSL/TLS (e.g., Google, Facebook, WhatsApp), P2P traffic (e.g., BitTorrent, MuTorrent, Vuze), and Skype, while preserving the privacy of communication content. These new classification techniques mean that traffic optimization, policy enforcement, and user experience are largely unaffected by encryption. In respect wit...
Jul. 29, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 412
ReadyTalk has expanded the capabilities of the FoxDen collaboration platform announced late last year to include FoxDen Connect, an in-room video collaboration experience that launches with a single touch. With FoxDen Connect, users can now not only engage in HD video conferencing between iOS and Android mobile devices or Chrome browsers, but also set up in-person meeting rooms for video interactions. A host’s mobile device automatically recognizes the presence of a meeting room via beacon tech...
Jul. 29, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 363
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, discussed the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to focus...
Jul. 29, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,076
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, discussed how leveraging the Industrial Internet a...
Jul. 29, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 642
On Dice.com, the number of job postings asking for skill in Amazon Web Services increased 76 percent between June 2015 and June 2016. Salesforce.com saw its own skill mentions increase 37 percent, while DevOps and Cloud rose 35 percent and 28 percent, respectively. Even as they expand their presence in the cloud, companies are also looking for tech professionals who can manage projects, crunch data, and figure out how to make systems run more autonomously. Mentions of ‘data science’ as a skill ...
Jul. 29, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 428
In his session at Cloud Expo, Robert Cohen, an economist and senior fellow at the Economic Strategy Institute, will provide economic scenarios that describe how the rapid adoption of software-defined everything including cloud services, SDDC and open networking will change GDP, industry growth, productivity and jobs. This session will also include a drill down for several industries such as finance, social media, cloud service providers and pharmaceuticals.
Jul. 29, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 367
IoT generates lots of temporal data. But how do you unlock its value? You need to discover patterns that are repeatable in vast quantities of data, understand their meaning, and implement scalable monitoring across multiple data streams in order to monetize the discoveries and insights. Motif discovery and deep learning platforms are emerging to visualize sensor data, to search for patterns and to build application that can monitor real time streams efficiently. In his session at @ThingsExpo, ...
Jul. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,203
Ixia (Nasdaq: XXIA) has announced that NoviFlow Inc.has deployed IxNetwork® to validate the company’s designs and accelerate the delivery of its proven, reliable products. Based in Montréal, NoviFlow Inc. supports network carriers, hyperscale data center operators, and enterprises seeking greater network control and flexibility, network scalability, and the capacity to handle extremely large numbers of flows, while maintaining maximum network performance. To meet these requirements, NoviFlow in...
Jul. 29, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 767
Choosing the right cloud for your workloads is a balancing act that can cost your organization time, money and aggravation - unless you get it right the first time. Economics, speed, performance, accessibility, administrative needs and security all play a vital role in dictating your approach to the cloud. Without knowing the right questions to ask, you could wind up paying for capacity you'll never need or underestimating the resources required to run your applications.
Jul. 29, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 711
Security, data privacy, reliability and regulatory compliance are critical factors when evaluating whether to move business applications from in-house client hosted environments to a cloud platform. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Vandana Viswanathan, Associate Director at Cognizant, In this session, will provide an orientation to the five stages required to implement a cloud hosted solution validation strategy.
Jul. 29, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,192
"delaPlex is a software development company. We do team-based outsourcing development," explained Mark Rivers, COO and Co-founder of delaPlex Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 29, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,109