|By Business Wire||
|January 7, 2014 05:00 AM EST||
Comptel Corporation (NASDAQ OMX Helsinki: CTL1V) today announced that it has won the “Best Innovation – Western Europe” category in the World Finance Telecoms Awards 2013. The customer interaction automation specialist was recognised as a leading company positioned ahead of the technology curve and representing the benchmark for not just the region, but the telecommunications industry globally.
- The World Finance Telecoms Awards recognise the best companies working within the telecommunications sector. In its fourth year, the programme highlights those that are continually adapting to change in regulations, technology and the needs of their customers, and that demonstrate significant innovation, consistent project execution and infrastructure investments, which enable communications service providers (CSPs) and commerce worldwide to flourish.
- Comptel challenges the traditional approach to OSS/BSS by bringing predictive, real-time analytics into the mix, to help CSPs integrate their technical, sales and marketing organisations and become customer-driven companies. The company’s ‘Event’ – ‘Analysis’ – ‘Action’ framework entails collecting and processing network, billing and other information, and applying analytics to this data to allow for intelligent decision-making, smart operations and the automation of customer interactions—effectively using contextual intelligence to turn Big Data into business opportunities for CSPs.
- Comptel has delivered its solutions to 290 operators across 87 countries, and reaches more than one billion subscribers worldwide with its service fulfillment, mediation, charging and policy control, and advanced predictive analytics products and implementation and professional services. The company’s portfolio can scale from the smallest of CSPs with few requirements, to the largest multi-national operators looking for high performance solutions to help with complex product introductions or with extensive network and IT transformations.
- “Comptel works tirelessly to help CSPs across every region around the world address their unique business challenges, meet and exceed their performance goals, and improve their competitive edge,” said Juhani Hintikka, president and CEO, Comptel. “We are honoured to receive this award and be recognised for our dedication to moving the telecommunications industry forward. This is surely further proof of the power of our strategy: enabling operators to differentiate and meet their business goals with contextual intelligence.”
- "The World Finance Telecoms Awards recognise the best companies working within the sector, those that are continually adapting to changes in regulations, technology and the needs of their customers,” added the World Finance editorial board. “As consumer habits change, CSPs must evolve to take advantage of the business opportunities this presents. World Finance is pleased to recognise the companies positioned ahead of the technology curve and enabling that shift to occur.”
- For more information about Comptel, visit www.comptel.com. Learn more about the company’s approach to customer interaction automation.
- Connect with Comptel on its blog, Compelling Conversations on OSS, and on Google+, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Comptel, customer interaction automation, communications service providers, CSPs, operators, World Finance Telecoms Awards, telecommunications, ‘Event’ – ‘Analysis’ – ‘Action’, Western Europe, innovation, OSS, BSS, analytics, Big Data, mediation, fulfillment, mobile, contextual intelligence, business performance, smart operations, intelligent decision-making, Juhani Hintikka, World Finance
About Comptel Corporation
Since 1986, Comptel has helped more than 290 service providers across 87 countries meet over one billion subscribers’ communications and infotainment needs. Comptel’s solutions are built on an Event – Analysis – Action strategic framework that leverages the company’s strengths in collecting and analysing Big Data and turning intelligence into opportunities in real time. Comptel’s service fulfillment, mediation, charging and policy control, and advanced predictive analytics products with implementation and professional services enable service providers to automate customer interactions and other business decisions, to create revenue, reduce costs and lessen churn. Comptel has a global team of more than 600 professionals, and net sales were EUR 82.4 million in 2012. For more information, visit www.comptel.com.
The enterprise is being consumerized, and the consumer is being enterprised. Moore's Law does not matter anymore, the future belongs to business virtualization powered by invisible service architecture, powered by hyperscale and hyperconvergence, and facilitated by vertical streaming and horizontal scaling and consolidation. Both buyers and sellers want instant results, and from paperwork to paperless to mindless is the ultimate goal for any seamless transaction. The sweetest sweet spot in innov...
Oct. 10, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 223
SYS-CON Events announced today that Key Information Systems, Inc. (KeyInfo), a leading cloud and infrastructure provider offering integrated solutions to enterprises, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Key Information Systems is a leading regional systems integrator with world-class compute, storage and networking solutions and professional services for the most advanced softwa...
Oct. 10, 2015 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 424
"Matrix is an ambitious open standard and implementation that's set up to break down the fragmentation problems that exist in IP messaging and VoIP communication," explained John Woolf, Technical Evangelist at Matrix, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Oct. 10, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,932
DevOps and Continuous Delivery software provider XebiaLabs has announced it has been selected to join the Amazon Web Services (AWS) DevOps Competency partner program. The program is designed to highlight software vendors like XebiaLabs who have demonstrated technical expertise and proven customer success in DevOps and specialized solution areas like Continuous Delivery. DevOps Competency Partners provide solutions to, or have deep experience working with AWS users and other businesses to help t...
Oct. 10, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 244
The modern software development landscape consists of best practices and tools that allow teams to deliver software in a near-continuous manner. By adopting a culture of automation, measurement and sharing, the time to ship code has been greatly reduced, allowing for shorter release cycles and quicker feedback from customers and users. Still, with all of these tools and methods, how can teams stay on top of what is taking place across their infrastructure and codebase? Hopping between services a...
Oct. 10, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 526
Containers are changing the security landscape for software development and deployment. As with any security solutions, security approaches that work for developers, operations personnel and security professionals is a requirement. In his session at @DevOpsSummit, Kevin Gilpin, CTO and Co-Founder of Conjur, will discuss various security considerations for container-based infrastructure and related DevOps workflows.
Oct. 10, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 271
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Oct. 10, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 813
Enterprises can achieve rigorous IT security as well as improved DevOps practices and Cloud economics by taking a new, cloud-native approach to application delivery. Because the attack surface for cloud applications is dramatically different than for highly controlled data centers, a disciplined and multi-layered approach that spans all of your processes, staff, vendors and technologies is required. This may sound expensive and time consuming to achieve as you plan how to move selected applicati...
Oct. 10, 2015 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 731
Nowadays, a large number of sensors and devices are connected to the network. Leading-edge IoT technologies integrate various types of sensor data to create a new value for several business decision scenarios. The transparent cloud is a model of a new IoT emergence service platform. Many service providers store and access various types of sensor data in order to create and find out new business values by integrating such data.
Oct. 10, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 600
The broad selection of hardware, the rapid evolution of operating systems and the time-to-market for mobile apps has been so rapid that new challenges for developers and engineers arise every day. Security, testing, hosting, and other metrics have to be considered through the process. In his session at Big Data Expo, Walter Maguire, Chief Field Technologist, HP Big Data Group, at Hewlett-Packard, will discuss the challenges faced by developers and a composite Big Data applications builder, foc...
Oct. 10, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 520
Data loss happens, even in the cloud. In fact, if your company has adopted a cloud application in the past three years, data loss has probably happened, whether you know it or not. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bryan Forrester, Senior Vice President of Sales at eFolder, will present how common and costly cloud application data loss is and what measures you can take to protect your organization from data loss.
Oct. 10, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 593
The cloud has reached mainstream IT. Those 18.7 million data centers out there (server closets to corporate data centers to colocation deployments) are moving to the cloud. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Achim Weiss, CEO & co-founder of ProfitBricks, will share how two companies – one in the U.S. and one in Germany – are achieving their goals with cloud infrastructure. More than a case study, he will share the details of how they prioritized their cloud computing infrastructure deployments ...
Oct. 10, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 755
There are so many tools and techniques for data analytics that even for a data scientist the choices, possible systems, and even the types of data can be daunting. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Harrold, Global CTO for Big Data Solutions for EMC Corporation, will show how to perform a simple, but meaningful analysis of social sentiment data using freely available tools that take only minutes to download and install. Participants will get the download information, scripts, and complete en...
Oct. 10, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 333
WebRTC: together these advances have created a perfect storm of technologies that are disrupting and transforming classic communications models and ecosystems. In his session at WebRTC Summit, Cary Bran, VP of Innovation and New Ventures at Plantronics and PLT Labs, will provide an overview of this technological shift, including associated business and consumer communications impacts, and opportunities it may enable, complement or entirely transform.
Oct. 10, 2015 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 772
Interested in leveraging automation technologies and a cloud architecture to make developers more productive? Learn how PaaS can benefit your organization to help you streamline your application development, allow you to use existing infrastructure and improve operational efficiencies. Begin charting your path to PaaS with OpenShift Enterprise.
Oct. 10, 2015 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 584