|By Business Wire||
|January 7, 2014 05:00 AM EST||
Comptel Corporation (NASDAQ OMX Helsinki: CTL1V) today announced that it has won the “Best Innovation – Western Europe” category in the World Finance Telecoms Awards 2013. The customer interaction automation specialist was recognised as a leading company positioned ahead of the technology curve and representing the benchmark for not just the region, but the telecommunications industry globally.
- The World Finance Telecoms Awards recognise the best companies working within the telecommunications sector. In its fourth year, the programme highlights those that are continually adapting to change in regulations, technology and the needs of their customers, and that demonstrate significant innovation, consistent project execution and infrastructure investments, which enable communications service providers (CSPs) and commerce worldwide to flourish.
- Comptel challenges the traditional approach to OSS/BSS by bringing predictive, real-time analytics into the mix, to help CSPs integrate their technical, sales and marketing organisations and become customer-driven companies. The company’s ‘Event’ – ‘Analysis’ – ‘Action’ framework entails collecting and processing network, billing and other information, and applying analytics to this data to allow for intelligent decision-making, smart operations and the automation of customer interactions—effectively using contextual intelligence to turn Big Data into business opportunities for CSPs.
- Comptel has delivered its solutions to 290 operators across 87 countries, and reaches more than one billion subscribers worldwide with its service fulfillment, mediation, charging and policy control, and advanced predictive analytics products and implementation and professional services. The company’s portfolio can scale from the smallest of CSPs with few requirements, to the largest multi-national operators looking for high performance solutions to help with complex product introductions or with extensive network and IT transformations.
- “Comptel works tirelessly to help CSPs across every region around the world address their unique business challenges, meet and exceed their performance goals, and improve their competitive edge,” said Juhani Hintikka, president and CEO, Comptel. “We are honoured to receive this award and be recognised for our dedication to moving the telecommunications industry forward. This is surely further proof of the power of our strategy: enabling operators to differentiate and meet their business goals with contextual intelligence.”
- "The World Finance Telecoms Awards recognise the best companies working within the sector, those that are continually adapting to changes in regulations, technology and the needs of their customers,” added the World Finance editorial board. “As consumer habits change, CSPs must evolve to take advantage of the business opportunities this presents. World Finance is pleased to recognise the companies positioned ahead of the technology curve and enabling that shift to occur.”
- For more information about Comptel, visit www.comptel.com. Learn more about the company’s approach to customer interaction automation.
- Connect with Comptel on its blog, Compelling Conversations on OSS, and on Google+, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Comptel, customer interaction automation, communications service providers, CSPs, operators, World Finance Telecoms Awards, telecommunications, ‘Event’ – ‘Analysis’ – ‘Action’, Western Europe, innovation, OSS, BSS, analytics, Big Data, mediation, fulfillment, mobile, contextual intelligence, business performance, smart operations, intelligent decision-making, Juhani Hintikka, World Finance
About Comptel Corporation
Since 1986, Comptel has helped more than 290 service providers across 87 countries meet over one billion subscribers’ communications and infotainment needs. Comptel’s solutions are built on an Event – Analysis – Action strategic framework that leverages the company’s strengths in collecting and analysing Big Data and turning intelligence into opportunities in real time. Comptel’s service fulfillment, mediation, charging and policy control, and advanced predictive analytics products with implementation and professional services enable service providers to automate customer interactions and other business decisions, to create revenue, reduce costs and lessen churn. Comptel has a global team of more than 600 professionals, and net sales were EUR 82.4 million in 2012. For more information, visit www.comptel.com.
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Sep. 28, 2016 11:21 AM EDT
If you had a chance to enter on the ground level of the largest e-commerce market in the world – would you? China is the world’s most populated country with the second largest economy and the world’s fastest growing market. It is estimated that by 2018 the Chinese market will be reaching over $30 billion in gaming revenue alone. Admittedly for a foreign company, doing business in China can be challenging. Often changing laws, administrative regulations and the often inscrutable Chinese Interne...
Sep. 28, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 363
Apache Hadoop is a key technology for gaining business insights from your Big Data, but the penetration into enterprises is shockingly low. In fact, Apache Hadoop and Big Data proponents recognize that this technology has not yet achieved its game-changing business potential. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, John Mertic, director of program management for ODPi at The Linux Foundation, will explain why this is, how we can work together as an open data community to increase adoption, and the i...
Sep. 28, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,090
As ridesharing competitors and enhanced services increase, notable changes are occurring in the transportation model. Despite the cost-effective means and flexibility of ridesharing, both drivers and users will need to be aware of the connected environment and how it will impact the ridesharing experience. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Timothy Evavold, Executive Director Automotive at Covisint, will discuss key challenges and solutions to powering a ride sharing and/or multimodal model in the a...
Sep. 28, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 223
Let’s face it, embracing new storage technologies, capabilities and upgrading to new hardware often adds complexity and increases costs. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Seth Oxenhorn, Vice President of Business Development & Alliances at FalconStor, discussed how a truly heterogeneous software-defined storage approach can add value to legacy platforms and heterogeneous environments. The result reduces complexity, significantly lowers cost, and provides IT organizations with improved efficienc...
Sep. 28, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,518
Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is expected in the amount of information being processed, managed, analyzed, and acted upon by enterprise IT. This amazing is not part of some distant future - it is happening today. One report shows a 650% increase in enterprise data by 2020. Other estimates are even higher....
Sep. 28, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 4,101
SYS-CON Events announced today that CDS Global Cloud, an Infrastructure as a Service provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CDS Global Cloud is an IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) provider specializing in solutions for e-commerce, internet gaming, online education and other internet applications. With a growing number of data centers and network points around the world, ...
Sep. 28, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,926
DevOps at Cloud Expo – being held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the world's largest enterprises – and delivering real results. Am...
Sep. 28, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 4,541
SYS-CON Events announced today that LeaseWeb USA, a cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LeaseWeb is one of the world's largest hosting brands. The company helps customers define, develop and deploy IT infrastructure tailored to their exact business needs, by combining various kinds cloud solutions.
Sep. 28, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,247
Big Data has been changing the world. IoT fuels the further transformation recently. How are Big Data and IoT related? In his session at @BigDataExpo, Tony Shan, a renowned visionary and thought leader, will explore the interplay of Big Data and IoT. He will anatomize Big Data and IoT separately in terms of what, which, why, where, when, who, how and how much. He will then analyze the relationship between IoT and Big Data, specifically the drilldown of how the 4Vs of Big Data (Volume, Variety,...
Sep. 28, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,088
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Sep. 28, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,398
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, discussed the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to focus...
Sep. 28, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,213
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Sep. 28, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 5,094
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Sep. 28, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,169
DevOps and microservices are permeating software engineering teams broadly, whether these teams are in pure software shops but happen to run a business, such Uber and Airbnb, or in companies that rely heavily on software to run more traditional business, such as financial firms or high-end manufacturers. Microservices and DevOps have created software development and therefore business speed and agility benefits, but they have also created problems; specifically, they have created software sec...
Sep. 28, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,292