|By Business Wire||
|January 7, 2014 05:00 AM EST||
Comptel Corporation (NASDAQ OMX Helsinki: CTL1V) today announced that it has won the “Best Innovation – Western Europe” category in the World Finance Telecoms Awards 2013. The customer interaction automation specialist was recognised as a leading company positioned ahead of the technology curve and representing the benchmark for not just the region, but the telecommunications industry globally.
- The World Finance Telecoms Awards recognise the best companies working within the telecommunications sector. In its fourth year, the programme highlights those that are continually adapting to change in regulations, technology and the needs of their customers, and that demonstrate significant innovation, consistent project execution and infrastructure investments, which enable communications service providers (CSPs) and commerce worldwide to flourish.
- Comptel challenges the traditional approach to OSS/BSS by bringing predictive, real-time analytics into the mix, to help CSPs integrate their technical, sales and marketing organisations and become customer-driven companies. The company’s ‘Event’ – ‘Analysis’ – ‘Action’ framework entails collecting and processing network, billing and other information, and applying analytics to this data to allow for intelligent decision-making, smart operations and the automation of customer interactions—effectively using contextual intelligence to turn Big Data into business opportunities for CSPs.
- Comptel has delivered its solutions to 290 operators across 87 countries, and reaches more than one billion subscribers worldwide with its service fulfillment, mediation, charging and policy control, and advanced predictive analytics products and implementation and professional services. The company’s portfolio can scale from the smallest of CSPs with few requirements, to the largest multi-national operators looking for high performance solutions to help with complex product introductions or with extensive network and IT transformations.
- “Comptel works tirelessly to help CSPs across every region around the world address their unique business challenges, meet and exceed their performance goals, and improve their competitive edge,” said Juhani Hintikka, president and CEO, Comptel. “We are honoured to receive this award and be recognised for our dedication to moving the telecommunications industry forward. This is surely further proof of the power of our strategy: enabling operators to differentiate and meet their business goals with contextual intelligence.”
- "The World Finance Telecoms Awards recognise the best companies working within the sector, those that are continually adapting to changes in regulations, technology and the needs of their customers,” added the World Finance editorial board. “As consumer habits change, CSPs must evolve to take advantage of the business opportunities this presents. World Finance is pleased to recognise the companies positioned ahead of the technology curve and enabling that shift to occur.”
- For more information about Comptel, visit www.comptel.com. Learn more about the company’s approach to customer interaction automation.
- Connect with Comptel on its blog, Compelling Conversations on OSS, and on Google+, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Comptel, customer interaction automation, communications service providers, CSPs, operators, World Finance Telecoms Awards, telecommunications, ‘Event’ – ‘Analysis’ – ‘Action’, Western Europe, innovation, OSS, BSS, analytics, Big Data, mediation, fulfillment, mobile, contextual intelligence, business performance, smart operations, intelligent decision-making, Juhani Hintikka, World Finance
About Comptel Corporation
Since 1986, Comptel has helped more than 290 service providers across 87 countries meet over one billion subscribers’ communications and infotainment needs. Comptel’s solutions are built on an Event – Analysis – Action strategic framework that leverages the company’s strengths in collecting and analysing Big Data and turning intelligence into opportunities in real time. Comptel’s service fulfillment, mediation, charging and policy control, and advanced predictive analytics products with implementation and professional services enable service providers to automate customer interactions and other business decisions, to create revenue, reduce costs and lessen churn. Comptel has a global team of more than 600 professionals, and net sales were EUR 82.4 million in 2012. For more information, visit www.comptel.com.
All clouds are not equal. To succeed in a DevOps context, organizations should plan to develop/deploy apps across a choice of on-premise and public clouds simultaneously depending on the business needs. This is where the concept of the Lean Cloud comes in - resting on the idea that you often need to relocate your app modules over their life cycles for both innovation and operational efficiency in the cloud. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Valentin (Val) Bercovici, CTO of Soli...
Dec. 8, 2016 08:30 PM EST Reads: 1,880
Complete Internet of Things (IoT) embedded device security is not just about the device but involves the entire product’s identity, data and control integrity, and services traversing the cloud. A device can no longer be looked at as an island; it is a part of a system. In fact, given the cross-domain interactions enabled by IoT it could be a part of many systems. Also, depending on where the device is deployed, for example, in the office building versus a factory floor or oil field, security ha...
Dec. 8, 2016 07:45 PM EST Reads: 296
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings in the last year, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their back-end AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT – especially in the connected home and office. Amazon is extending its reach by building on its dominant Cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strategy, recently announced Replenishment Services, the Echo/Alexa voice recognition control platform, the 6-7 strategic...
Dec. 8, 2016 07:15 PM EST Reads: 349
"Qosmos has launched L7Viewer, a network traffic analysis tool, so it analyzes all the traffic between the virtual machine and the data center and the virtual machine and the external world," stated Sebastien Synold, Product Line Manager at Qosmos, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 8, 2016 06:45 PM EST Reads: 939
Everyone knows that truly innovative companies learn as they go along, pushing boundaries in response to market changes and demands. What's more of a mystery is how to balance innovation on a fresh platform built from scratch with the legacy tech stack, product suite and customers that continue to serve as the business' foundation. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, discussed why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and mor...
Dec. 8, 2016 05:45 PM EST Reads: 1,716
Without a clear strategy for cost control and an architecture designed with cloud services in mind, costs and operational performance can quickly get out of control. To avoid multiple architectural redesigns requires extensive thought and planning. Boundary (now part of BMC) launched a new public-facing multi-tenant high resolution monitoring service on Amazon AWS two years ago, facing challenges and learning best practices in the early days of the new service. In his session at 19th Cloud Exp...
Dec. 8, 2016 05:45 PM EST Reads: 941
As data explodes in quantity, importance and from new sources, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and cloud environments grow with it. Managing data includes protecting it, indexing and classifying it for true, long-term management, compliance and E-Discovery. Commvault can ensure this with a single pane of glass solution – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enter...
Dec. 8, 2016 05:00 PM EST Reads: 1,812
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Dec. 8, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 1,842
Financial Technology has become a topic of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities. Accordingly, attendees at the upcoming 20th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York, June 6-8, 2017, will find fresh new content in a new track called FinTech.
Dec. 8, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 2,247
@DevOpsSummit taking place June 6-8, 2017 at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Dec. 8, 2016 04:30 PM EST Reads: 1,967
"We are a leader in the market space called network visibility solutions - it enables monitoring tools and Big Data analysis to access the data and be able to see the performance," explained Shay Morag, VP of Sales and Marketing at Niagara Networks, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 8, 2016 04:30 PM EST Reads: 372
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Dec. 8, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 2,310
Keeping pace with advancements in software delivery processes and tooling is taxing even for the most proficient organizations. Point tools, platforms, open source and the increasing adoption of private and public cloud services requires strong engineering rigor - all in the face of developer demands to use the tools of choice. As Agile has settled in as a mainstream practice, now DevOps has emerged as the next wave to improve software delivery speed and output. To make DevOps work, organization...
Dec. 8, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 296
"We are a modern development application platform and we have a suite of products that allow you to application release automation, we do version control, and we do application life cycle management," explained Flint Brenton, CEO of CollabNet, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 8, 2016 04:00 PM EST Reads: 1,077
Regulatory requirements exist to promote the controlled sharing of information, while protecting the privacy and/or security of the information. Regulations for each type of information have their own set of rules, policies, and guidelines. Cloud Service Providers (CSP) are faced with increasing demand for services at decreasing prices. Demonstrating and maintaining compliance with regulations is a nontrivial task and doing so against numerous sets of regulatory requirements can be daunting task...
Dec. 8, 2016 03:45 PM EST Reads: 1,091