|By Business Wire||
|January 7, 2014 05:00 AM EST||
Comptel Corporation (NASDAQ OMX Helsinki: CTL1V) today announced that it has won the “Best Innovation – Western Europe” category in the World Finance Telecoms Awards 2013. The customer interaction automation specialist was recognised as a leading company positioned ahead of the technology curve and representing the benchmark for not just the region, but the telecommunications industry globally.
- The World Finance Telecoms Awards recognise the best companies working within the telecommunications sector. In its fourth year, the programme highlights those that are continually adapting to change in regulations, technology and the needs of their customers, and that demonstrate significant innovation, consistent project execution and infrastructure investments, which enable communications service providers (CSPs) and commerce worldwide to flourish.
- Comptel challenges the traditional approach to OSS/BSS by bringing predictive, real-time analytics into the mix, to help CSPs integrate their technical, sales and marketing organisations and become customer-driven companies. The company’s ‘Event’ – ‘Analysis’ – ‘Action’ framework entails collecting and processing network, billing and other information, and applying analytics to this data to allow for intelligent decision-making, smart operations and the automation of customer interactions—effectively using contextual intelligence to turn Big Data into business opportunities for CSPs.
- Comptel has delivered its solutions to 290 operators across 87 countries, and reaches more than one billion subscribers worldwide with its service fulfillment, mediation, charging and policy control, and advanced predictive analytics products and implementation and professional services. The company’s portfolio can scale from the smallest of CSPs with few requirements, to the largest multi-national operators looking for high performance solutions to help with complex product introductions or with extensive network and IT transformations.
- “Comptel works tirelessly to help CSPs across every region around the world address their unique business challenges, meet and exceed their performance goals, and improve their competitive edge,” said Juhani Hintikka, president and CEO, Comptel. “We are honoured to receive this award and be recognised for our dedication to moving the telecommunications industry forward. This is surely further proof of the power of our strategy: enabling operators to differentiate and meet their business goals with contextual intelligence.”
- "The World Finance Telecoms Awards recognise the best companies working within the sector, those that are continually adapting to changes in regulations, technology and the needs of their customers,” added the World Finance editorial board. “As consumer habits change, CSPs must evolve to take advantage of the business opportunities this presents. World Finance is pleased to recognise the companies positioned ahead of the technology curve and enabling that shift to occur.”
- For more information about Comptel, visit www.comptel.com. Learn more about the company’s approach to customer interaction automation.
- Connect with Comptel on its blog, Compelling Conversations on OSS, and on Google+, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Comptel, customer interaction automation, communications service providers, CSPs, operators, World Finance Telecoms Awards, telecommunications, ‘Event’ – ‘Analysis’ – ‘Action’, Western Europe, innovation, OSS, BSS, analytics, Big Data, mediation, fulfillment, mobile, contextual intelligence, business performance, smart operations, intelligent decision-making, Juhani Hintikka, World Finance
About Comptel Corporation
Since 1986, Comptel has helped more than 290 service providers across 87 countries meet over one billion subscribers’ communications and infotainment needs. Comptel’s solutions are built on an Event – Analysis – Action strategic framework that leverages the company’s strengths in collecting and analysing Big Data and turning intelligence into opportunities in real time. Comptel’s service fulfillment, mediation, charging and policy control, and advanced predictive analytics products with implementation and professional services enable service providers to automate customer interactions and other business decisions, to create revenue, reduce costs and lessen churn. Comptel has a global team of more than 600 professionals, and net sales were EUR 82.4 million in 2012. For more information, visit www.comptel.com.
Data is an unusual currency; it is not restricted by the same transactional limitations as money or people. In fact, the more that you leverage your data across multiple business use cases, the more valuable it becomes to the organization. And the same can be said about the organization’s analytics. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bill Schmarzo, CTO for the Big Data Practice at EMC, will introduce a methodology for capturing, enriching and sharing data (and analytics) across the organizati...
Aug. 30, 2016 09:08 AM EDT
Enterprises have forever faced challenges surrounding the sharing of their intellectual property. Emerging cloud adoption has made it more compelling for enterprises to digitize their content, making them available over a wide variety of devices across the Internet. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Santosh Ahuja, Director of Architecture at Impiger Technologies, will introduce various mechanisms provided by cloud service providers today to manage and share digital content in a secure manner....
Aug. 30, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 903
SYS-CON Events announced today that Isomorphic Software will exhibit at DevOps Summit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Isomorphic Software provides the SmartClient HTML5/AJAX platform, the most advanced technology for building rich, cutting-edge enterprise web applications for desktop and mobile. SmartClient combines the productivity and performance of traditional desktop software with the simp...
Aug. 30, 2016 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,459
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Aug. 30, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 504
With so much going on in this space you could be forgiven for thinking you were always working with yesterday’s technologies. So much change, so quickly. What do you do if you have to build a solution from the ground up that is expected to live in the field for at least 5-10 years? This is the challenge we faced when we looked to refresh our existing 10-year-old custom hardware stack to measure the fullness of trash cans and compactors.
Aug. 30, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,861
The emerging Internet of Everything creates tremendous new opportunities for customer engagement and business model innovation. However, enterprises must overcome a number of critical challenges to bring these new solutions to market. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Michael Martin, CTO/CIO at nfrastructure, outlined these key challenges and recommended approaches for overcoming them to achieve speed and agility in the design, development and implementation of Internet of Everything solutions wi...
Aug. 30, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,245
Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is expected in the amount of information being processed, managed, analyzed, and acted upon by enterprise IT. This amazing is not part of some distant future - it is happening today. One report shows a 650% increase in enterprise data by 2020. Other estimates are even higher....
Aug. 30, 2016 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,052
With over 720 million Internet users and 40–50% CAGR, the Chinese Cloud Computing market has been booming. When talking about cloud computing, what are the Chinese users of cloud thinking about? What is the most powerful force that can push them to make the buying decision? How to tap into them? In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Yu Hao, CEO and co-founder of SpeedyCloud, answered these questions and discussed the results of SpeedyCloud’s survey.
Aug. 30, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,358
Today we can collect lots and lots of performance data. We build beautiful dashboards and even have fancy query languages to access and transform the data. Still performance data is a secret language only a couple of people understand. The more business becomes digital the more stakeholders are interested in this data including how it relates to business. Some of these people have never used a monitoring tool before. They have a question on their mind like “How is my application doing” but no id...
Aug. 30, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,940
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, will deep dive into best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Aug. 30, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,675
DevOps at Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long dev...
Aug. 29, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,495
Identity is in everything and customers are looking to their providers to ensure the security of their identities, transactions and data. With the increased reliance on cloud-based services, service providers must build security and trust into their offerings, adding value to customers and improving the user experience. Making identity, security and privacy easy for customers provides a unique advantage over the competition.
Aug. 29, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,452
Qosmos has announced new milestones in the detection of encrypted traffic and in protocol signature coverage. Qosmos latest software can accurately classify traffic encrypted with SSL/TLS (e.g., Google, Facebook, WhatsApp), P2P traffic (e.g., BitTorrent, MuTorrent, Vuze), and Skype, while preserving the privacy of communication content. These new classification techniques mean that traffic optimization, policy enforcement, and user experience are largely unaffected by encryption. In respect wit...
Aug. 29, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,881
SYS-CON Events announced today that StarNet Communications will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. StarNet Communications’ FastX is the industry first cloud-based remote X Windows emulator. Using standard Web browsers (FireFox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) users from around the world gain highly secure access to applications and data hosted on Linux-based servers in a central data center. ...
Aug. 29, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 928
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Aug. 29, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,988