|By PR Newswire||
|January 7, 2014 11:39 AM EST||
LAS VEGAS, Jan. 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- 2014 CES International
- New WICED™ SDK enables HD audio streaming over Wi-Fi
- Enhanced 5G WiFi solutions simplify streaming content throughout the home
- HEVC satellite set-top box solutions enable delivery of more HD channels
- Satellite chip portfolio expands availability of satellite services around the globe
- Residential gateway chips deliver advanced DSL speeds to emerging markets
At the 2014 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Broadcom Corporation (NASDAQ: BRCM), a global innovation leader in semiconductor solutions for wired and wireless communications, unveiled a range of mobile and home networking innovations to enhance and expand the delivery of HD content to consumers around the globe; enable more connections between consumer devices and smart appliances; and expand the 5G WiFi ecosystem. Visit Broadcom's 2014 CES site to learn more at www.connectingeverything.com.
"The breakthroughs we demonstrate at CES are driving disruptive innovation in the consumer electronics market today and many years into the future," Scott McGregor, Broadcom's President and Chief Executive Officer. "Broadcom's advanced communications technologies continue to inspire companies large and small in the creation and development of ground-breaking consumer electronic products."
At CES, Broadcom will showcase its advanced communications technology that delivers the speed, range and bandwidth requirements needed for today's digital and wearable lifestyle. All of these offerings demonstrate how Broadcom is providing the engineering innovation to support the evolving connected environment at home, work and on the go.
Broadcom's top CES announcements include:
- Extends Internet of Things Platform to Wireless Audio Market
- Amplifies Quality of HD Video Streaming in Routers, Gateways, Set-top Boxes, Digital TVs and Gaming Platforms
- New Digital Video Broadcasting Chips Enable Global Operators to Deliver More HD Channels to Broader Subscriber Base on Existing Infrastructure
- Targets Growing Global Consumer Demand for Satellite Content Delivery
- Single-chip Device Delivers Advanced DSL Speeds to Emerging Markets
Broadcom Corporation (NASDAQ: BRCM), a FORTUNE 500® company, is a global leader and innovator in semiconductor solutions for wired and wireless communications. Broadcom® products seamlessly deliver voice, video, data and multimedia connectivity in the home, office and mobile environments. With the industry's broadest portfolio of state-of-the-art system-on-a-chip and embedded software solutions, Broadcom is changing the world by Connecting everything®. For more information, go to www.broadcom.com.
Broadcom®, the pulse logo, Connecting everything® and the Connecting everything logo are among the trademarks of Broadcom Corporation and/or its affiliates in the United States, certain other countries and/or the EU. Any other trademarks or trade names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
Susan Vander May
Senior Manager, Public Relations
Senior Director, Investor Relations
SOURCE Broadcom Corporation; BRCM Corporate
May. 30, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,000
May. 30, 2016 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,292
May. 30, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,299
May. 30, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,380
May. 30, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,532
May. 30, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,083
May. 30, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,387
May. 30, 2016 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,067
May. 30, 2016 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,522
May. 30, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,387
May. 30, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,003
May. 30, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,479
May. 30, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,689
May. 30, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,701
May. 29, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,413