|By Business Wire||
|January 7, 2014 04:35 PM EST||
Insert at end of subheadline: eve.
The corrected release reads:
2014 International CES Kicks off with Record Amount of Innovation
More than 3,200 exhibitors debut life-changing tech across more than 2 million net square feet; Tech Titans from Intel and Audi deliver keynotes on CES eve
The 2014 International CES® opens today as a record breaking show with more than 3,200 exhibitors across the largest show floor in history – more than two million net square feet of exhibit space – breaking last year’s previously set record of 1.92 million net square feet. Innovation and the promise and power of technology drove this year’s preshow press events that kicked off with CES Unveiled LAS VEGAS on Sunday night with 99 tabletop displays where exhibitors provided a sneak preview of their show floor product launches. Twenty five exhibitors then revealed new products during CES Press Day on Monday. Owned and produced by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)®, the 2014 International CES opens today and runs through Friday, January 10.
“CES is the world’s gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technologies and features the largest showcase of innovation on the planet,” said Gary Shapiro, president and CEO, CEA. “We couldn’t be more excited to open today’s record breaking show and see the magic, wonder and energy of consumer technology come to life as leaders from a broad array of industries come together to survey and transact.”
New Intel CEO Brian Krzanich delivered a Tech Titans keynote address Monday evening to highlight innovation at the ingredient level. Krzanich explored how connected devices create immersive experiences that change the way we live, work and play. Over the course of his keynote, Krzanich demonstrated a half-dozen products that seamlessly connect devices and people to create “technology experiences,” all of which will be available in 2014. New products include:
- Smart earbuds that when paired with an app on your smartphone monitor pace, location and even heart rate, using sensors built into the earbuds themselves.
- “Jarvis,” a hands-free headset that interacts with a smartphone.
- A new smart watch that unlike others in the category requires no tethering devices, has its own connectivity and includes smart geo fencing, to track a wearer’s location.
Wearables are a key component of Intel’s vision of the connected future. Throughout his address, Krzanich announced several partnerships with creative industries like fashion, animation and gaming. Together with Barneys, Opening Ceremony and the Council of Fashion Designers of America, Intel is working to promote wearable devices in fashion. Krzanich also announced that its latest chip, Edison, part of its Quark family of SoCs, will feature “a full Pentium class PC in the form factor of an SD card.” This ultra-low power, 22nm Dual Core SoC can be used to power wearable devices. “We’re creating a network of devices, all smart, all coming together, all powered by Edison,” he said.
Rupert Stadler, chairman of the board of management of AUDI AG, delivered a second Tech Titans keynote address Monday night to discuss the future of innovation in the automotive industry and its direct impact on the consumer technology market. Stadler envisions a future where cars drive themselves and where roads might one day guide vehicles. Helping to build that future is its partnership with Nvidia and its Tegra K1 as the processor of choice and AT&T to introduce in-car LTE in the U.S.
Audi introduced its highly anticipated Sport Quattro LaserlightV8 hybrid concept car. The vehicle can go 90 miles on a single gallon of gas and will be available in piloted driving mode. With laser headlights three times stronger than LEDs, it can light the road for nearly a third of a mile. Stadler emphasized the synchronization of Audi and the electronics industry debuting, “the full spectrum of what it means to be a leader in innovation.”
Pre CES media events kicked off Sunday night with CES Unveiled LAS VEGAS: The Official Press Event of CES. Ninety-nine exhibitor tabletops drew one of the largest media crowds in Unveiled history with companies such as 3M Touch Systems, Arrayent, Inc., Bell'O International, Chevrolet, DISH, Escort, Fitbug, Holi, Lenovo, LG, Liquid Image, Molami, Off-Grid Solutions, Orbotix, Parrot, Pure, Samsung, Sculpteo, Soundfreaq, Tobii Technology, Velodyne, Xdroid Inc. and Yurbuds.
Product announcements continued on Monday, January 6 with 2014 CES Press Day, featuring 25 exhibitor press conferences. Major product announcements included:
- LG – LG G Flex – curved OLED display with world’s first curved battery (6” HD display; Lifeband Touch fitness activity monitor with OLED display and Bluetooth connectivity; LG Homechat with voice-messaging/texting option to appliances.
- Monster – DNA WirelessPro Headphones – wireless, noise cancelling with controls built in; GODJ – Portable, standalone DJ device that fits in hand.
- Sharp – Aquos HD TV lineup including new Aquos Q+ with 10 million more sub pixels, built in upscaling, audio and Bluetooth streaming (first on market to play UHD content); Smart Central – App compiles all content into one search function.
- Huawei – Ascend Mate2 4G Smartphone– curved shape, 6.1 display, LTE Cat4 150mbps, Bluetooth 4.0, Quad core 1.6 Ghz processor, multi-screen tech, 4050mAh battery (two days performance), reverse charging to charge other devices, 6.1 enhanced HD (EHD), 5MP front camera and panoramic selfie.
- Tarsier – MoveEye – 3D glasses with stereo cameras that allow interaction with what’s on the screen, “direct interaction.”
- Livio Radio – SmartDeviceLink to standardize a way to bring apps into the dashboard of all vehicles.
- DISH – New additions to the Hopper lineup of whole-home DVR service, SuperJoey which when paired with the Hopper allows users to record up to eight shows at once and 2,000 hours of content; Wireless Joey streams content to any TV in the house.
- VOXX – Myris – Iris identifying authenticator for increased online security; 360Fly – 360 degree self-contained waterproof mountable camera; Soundboard power Plus – 5200mAH charging power plus wireless audio capabilities.
- Panasonic – Toughpad FZ-M1 7 inch rugged tablet; 4K Ultra HDTV the new “Life+Screen” AX800 series with voice activation and face recognition technology and advanced personalization; 4K Varicam – first waterproof 4K professional camera; Toughpad 4K tablet with 20-inch LCD display – first to offer 4K resolution.
- Intel – New brand RealSense – revolves around a thin, embedded 3D-sensing camera that can be embedded in desktops, laptops, tablets, etc. RealSense 3D cameras will scan objects for 3D printing.
- TouchJet Pte. – TouchJet – A precise touch enabled pico projector with a built-in Android OS that transforms any empty wall into an interactive 80 inch tablet.
- Hisense – VIDAA smart TV platform – Android powered, lets users seamlessly toggle between live TV, on demand entertainment, recorded programming, personal content, apps and more with a single touch of a button.
- Formula E – Revealed and demoed first electric racing car; Qualcomm will begin to integrate Snapdragon into the cars adding WiFi and Bluetooth.
- Samsung – 105” curved UHD TV – world’s first and largest curved UHD, has 11 million pixels with auto depth enhancer giving a 3D effect without glasses; Bendable TV – 85” push button Ultra HD turns from flat panel to curved; New PRO tablet series 12.2” with full size virtual keyboard.
- Toyota – North American debut of Toyota’s fuel cell sedan concept with 300 mile driving range, zero-to-sixty in 10 seconds, no emissions and hydrogen tank refueling in 3-5 minutes.
- MakerBot – Replicator 3D printer series including the Mini, Replicator and Z18 with 100 micron layer resolution, full color LCD displays, app and cloud enabling with onboard camera options for print monitoring and sharing.
- SKULPT – SKULPT device calculates body composition via electrodes sensing the difference between muscle and fat – provides exercise advice based on individual goals and progress.
- Sony – First in-home video download 4K service from Sony Pictures Entertainment; 4K Handicam; Life Log smart wear experience; Xperia Z1 compact smartphone with 20 megapixels.
Note to Editors: The official name of the global technology event is “International CES.” Subsequent references to the show can be shortened to “CES.” Please do not use “Consumer Electronics Show” to refer to the International CES.
The International CES is the world’s gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technologies. It has served as the proving ground for innovators and breakthrough technologies for more than 40 years—the global stage where next-generation innovations are introduced to the marketplace. As the largest hands-on event of its kind, CES features all aspects of the industry. And because it is owned and produced by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA), the technology trade association representing the $208 billion U.S. consumer electronics industry, it attracts the world’s business leaders and pioneering thinkers to a forum where the industry’s most relevant issues are addressed. Follow CES online at www.CESweb.org and through social media: http://www.cesweb.org/social.
2014 International CES
January 7-10, 2014, Las Vegas, NV
CEA Winter Break
March 18-21, 2014, Vail, CO
Digital Patriots Dinner
April 29, 2014, Washington, DC
CES on the Hill
April 30, 2014, Washington, DC
2014 Technology & Standards Spring Forum
May 19-23, 2014, Seattle, WA
June 23-27, 2014, New York, NY
CE Week Exhibits
June 25-26, 2014, New York, NY
- CE Week Exhibits
DevOps at Cloud Expo – being held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the world's largest enterprises – and delivering real results. Am...
Aug. 27, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,437
I wanted to gather all of my Internet of Things (IOT) blogs into a single blog (that I could later use with my University of San Francisco (USF) Big Data “MBA” course). However as I started to pull these blogs together, I realized that my IOT discussion lacked a vision; it lacked an end point towards which an organization could drive their IOT envisioning, proof of value, app dev, data engineering and data science efforts. And I think that the IOT end point is really quite simple…
Aug. 27, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,332
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Aug. 27, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,609
SYS-CON Events announced today that eCube Systems, a leading provider of middleware modernization, integration, and management solutions, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. eCube Systems offers a family of middleware evolution products and services that maximize return on technology investment by leveraging existing technical equity to meet evolving business needs. ...
Aug. 27, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 621
StarNet Communications Corp has announced the addition of three Secure Remote Desktop modules to its flagship X-Win32 PC X server. The new modules enable X-Win32 to safely tunnel the remote desktops from Linux and Unix servers to the user’s PC over encrypted SSH. Traditionally, users of PC X servers deploy the XDMCP protocol to display remote desktop environments such as the Gnome and KDE desktops on Linux servers and the CDE environment on Solaris Unix machines. XDMCP is used primarily on comp...
Aug. 27, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 628
Traditional on-premises data centers have long been the domain of modern data platforms like Apache Hadoop, meaning companies who build their business on public cloud were challenged to run Big Data processing and analytics at scale. But recent advancements in Hadoop performance, security, and most importantly cloud-native integrations, are giving organizations the ability to truly gain value from all their data. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, David Tishgart, Director of Product Marketing ...
Aug. 27, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 481
DevOps at Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long dev...
Aug. 27, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,347
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Aug. 27, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,964
Aspose.Total for .NET is the most complete package of all file format APIs for .NET as offered by Aspose. It empowers developers to create, edit, render, print and convert between a wide range of popular document formats within any .NET, C#, ASP.NET and VB.NET applications. Aspose compiles all .NET APIs on a daily basis to ensure that it contains the most up to date versions of each of Aspose .NET APIs. If a new .NET API or a new version of existing APIs is released during the subscription peri...
Aug. 27, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,959
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Aug. 27, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,893
SYS-CON Events announced today that StarNet Communications will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. StarNet Communications’ FastX is the industry first cloud-based remote X Windows emulator. Using standard Web browsers (FireFox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) users from around the world gain highly secure access to applications and data hosted on Linux-based servers in a central data center. ...
Aug. 27, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 759
SYS-CON Events announced today that Hitrons Solutions will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Hitrons Solutions Inc. is distributor in the North American market for unique products and services of small and medium-size businesses, including cloud services and solutions, SEO marketing platforms, and mobile applications.
Aug. 27, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 607
As the world moves toward more DevOps and Microservices, application deployment to the cloud ought to become a lot simpler. The Microservices architecture, which is the basis of many new age distributed systems such as OpenStack, NetFlix and so on, is at the heart of Cloud Foundry - a complete developer-oriented Platform as a Service (PaaS) that is IaaS agnostic and supports vCloud, OpenStack and AWS. Serverless computing is revolutionizing computing. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Raghav...
Aug. 27, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 792
Pulzze Systems was happy to participate in such a premier event and thankful to be receiving the winning investment and global network support from G-Startup Worldwide. It is an exciting time for Pulzze to showcase the effectiveness of innovative technologies and enable them to make the world smarter and better. The reputable contest is held to identify promising startups around the globe that are assured to change the world through their innovative products and disruptive technologies. There w...
Aug. 27, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 672
Today we can collect lots and lots of performance data. We build beautiful dashboards and even have fancy query languages to access and transform the data. Still performance data is a secret language only a couple of people understand. The more business becomes digital the more stakeholders are interested in this data including how it relates to business. Some of these people have never used a monitoring tool before. They have a question on their mind like “How is my application doing” but no id...
Aug. 27, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,783