|By PR Newswire||
|January 8, 2014 10:30 AM EST||
MUMBAI, India, January 8, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Bharat Book Bureau presents Worksite Weight Loss Programs: A Market Analysis In this report provides groundbreaking new study by our examines the $1.2 billion business of worksite-based weight loss programs. This niche segment is one of the few bright spots in a flat overall weight loss market, as employers get more serious about reducing health insurance claims related to obesity. The Affordable Care Act is likely to spur more demand for these programs as well. Obesity-related absenteeism, lost productivity and medical conditions such as diabetes is a huge and expensive issue for employers. (http://www.bharatbook.com/healthcare-market-research-reports/worksite-weight-loss-programs-a-market-analysis.html)
The study examines market revenues/growth from 2005 to 2018 forecast, in-depth competitor profiles and rankings, obesity trends and the cost to employers, market structure/types of weight loss and wellness programs offered to employers on-site, and the effect of Obamacare. The study covers: yearly employer cost per employee, return on investment, screening, prevention, health risk assessments, employee incentives used, findings of various national studies examining employer weight loss programs, worksite competitions, the nature of providers (large commercial and medical diet companies, health plans, start-ups and entrepreneurs), and more.
Study includes 24 in-depth profiles for: Weight Watchers, Mayo Clinic, Retrofit, Alere Wellbeing, Emblem Health, Omada Health, Balance Health, Wellness Councils of America, ShapeUp, Sparkpeople, YMCA and more.
Table of Contents
Introduction: Report Scope & Methodology
Executive Overview of Major Findings
- Highlights of ALL chapters: Current status of the overall weight loss market, nature and structure of the worksite weight loss market, types of providers, types of programs, major market trends, findings of management interviews, market size & growth: 2005-2018 F (top competitor revenues), importance of outcome data,
- Findings of Rand Corp./other studies, dieter trends/preferences/demographics in 2011-2013, the top providers address list.
Nature & Structure of the Worksite Weight Loss Market
- Status report and summary
- Programs by large commercial diet companies, health insurers, wellness program providers
- Market Structure: Description of the different types of worksite weight loss
- Programs now offered
- Findings of The Rand Health "Workplace Wellness Programs Study: cost savings, lbs. lost per person, ROI
- Screening activities to identify health risks (measurement of body weight, for example)
- Preventive interventions to address health risks (weight reduction counseling)
- Health promotion activities
- Kaiser Family Foundation Study findings
- Likely effects of the Affordable Care Act
- Avg. cost to the employer per person, financial incentives used
- Overview of wellness programs and typical components
- Employee attitudes toward worksite weight loss programs
- Paying Employees To Lose Weight - Office Weight Loss Contests, Sample program: Healthy Wage
The National Cost of Obesity
- Scope of the problem, number of people affected, percent of population, obesity rate trends, costs in medical claims, lost productivity, absenteeism, etc.
- Medicare covers obesity counseling, private insurers to follow in 2014
- Dieter trends, preferences and demographics: 2012-2013
- Findings of Duke University study on costs of obesity
- Findings of Employee Benefit Research Institute survey,
- Demand for worksite weight loss programs: participation by men/women, by race, income of employees
- Employee backlash against employer programs.
- No. of Americans diagnosed with diabetes: 1980-2010.
Status of the Overall U.S. Weight Loss Market
- Status report of weight loss mkt. conditions in 2013
- Why the Jan. - May prime diet season was a bust this year
- Popular fad diets of 2013
- Major market and company developments: Nestle sells jenny Craig to private equity firm, Jenny launches monthly plan, Rx diet drug sales still paltry, Obamacare's effect on weight loss programs/insurance coverage, the diet/fitness apps challenge (MyFitnessPal)
- Discussion of recent success of MLM as a sales method for diet products
- 3rd quarter and 9-month detailed sales/profit performance of the major diet companies: Weight Watchers, NutriSystem, Medifast, eDiets.
- 2013 market forecasts
- Major diet market developments of 2011-2012
- Dieter demographic trends: DIY diet cycle, no. of Americans dieting, by gender,
- preference for various food plans, dieter budgets, preferred location
For more information and complete Table of content: http://www.bharatbook.com/healthcare-market-research-reports/worksite-weight-loss-programs-a-market-analysis.html
Request for sample pages: http://www.bharatbook.com/RequestSample.asp?pid=452256
- The U.S. Weight Loss & Diet Control Market
- The 2013-2018 Outlook for Dietary Supplements for Weight Loss in Greater China
- The 2013-2018 World Outlook for Weight-Loss Medication
- The 2013-2018 World Outlook for Weight-Loss Tea
About Bharat Book Bureau
Bharat Book Bureau is the leading market research information aggregator that provides market research reports, industry analysis, company profiles, business reports, country reports, newsletters and online databases. Our clients include Corporate, Consulting firms, and Academic Institutions and Government departments across the globe. Bharat Book Bureau provides over a million reports from more than 400 publishers around the globe. The market research reports we provide, help global companies examine the different markets before setting up a business or expanding into different countries across the world. They give a complete perspective on the current market scenario, trends, segments and future outlook.
“Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CloudBerry Backup is a leading cross-platform cloud backup and disaster recovery solution integrated with major public cloud services, such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform.
Oct. 26, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,467
In the next forty months – just over three years – businesses will undergo extraordinary changes. The exponential growth of digitization and machine learning will see a step function change in how businesses create value, satisfy customers, and outperform their competition. In the next forty months companies will take the actions that will see them get to the next level of the game called Capitalism. Or they won’t – game over. The winners of today and tomorrow think differently, follow different...
Oct. 26, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,062
@DevOpsSummit has been named the ‘Top DevOps Influencer' by iTrend. iTrend processes millions of conversations, tweets, interactions, news articles, press releases, blog posts - and extract meaning form them and analyzes mobile and desktop software platforms used to communicate, various metadata (such as geo location), and automation tools. In overall placement, @DevOpsSummit ranked as the number one ‘DevOps Influencer' followed by @CloudExpo at third, and @MicroservicesE at 24th.
Oct. 26, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 4,076
The Internet of Things (IoT), in all its myriad manifestations, has great potential. Much of that potential comes from the evolving data management and analytic (DMA) technologies and processes that allow us to gain insight from all of the IoT data that can be generated and gathered. This potential may never be met as those data sets are tied to specific industry verticals and single markets, with no clear way to use IoT data and sensor analytics to fulfill the hype being given the IoT today.
Oct. 26, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,736
Ask someone to architect an Internet of Things (IoT) solution and you are guaranteed to see a reference to the cloud. This would lead you to believe that IoT requires the cloud to exist. However, there are many IoT use cases where the cloud is not feasible or desirable. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, will discuss the strategies that exist to extend intelligence directly to IoT devices and sensors, freeing them from the constraints of ...
Oct. 26, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,108
So you think you are a DevOps warrior, huh? Put your money (not really, it’s free) where your metrics are and prove it by taking The Ultimate DevOps Geek Quiz Challenge, sponsored by DevOps Summit. Battle through the set of tough questions created by industry thought leaders to earn your bragging rights and win some cool prizes.
Oct. 26, 2016 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 4,126
Fifty billion connected devices and still no winning protocols standards. HTTP, WebSockets, MQTT, and CoAP seem to be leading in the IoT protocol race at the moment but many more protocols are getting introduced on a regular basis. Each protocol has its pros and cons depending on the nature of the communications. Does there really need to be only one protocol to rule them all? Of course not. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, walk you through how Oct...
Oct. 26, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,192
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftNet Solutions will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. SoftNet Solutions specializes in Enterprise Solutions for Hadoop and Big Data. It offers customers the most open, robust, and value-conscious portfolio of solutions, services, and tools for the shortest route to success with Big Data. The unique differentiator is the ability to architect and ...
Oct. 26, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,045
A completely new computing platform is on the horizon. They’re called Microservers by some, ARM Servers by others, and sometimes even ARM-based Servers. No matter what you call them, Microservers will have a huge impact on the data center and on server computing in general. Although few people are familiar with Microservers today, their impact will be felt very soon. This is a new category of computing platform that is available today and is predicted to have triple-digit growth rates for some ...
Oct. 26, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 34,222
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform and how we integrate our thinking to solve complicated problems. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm ...
Oct. 26, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,865
Everyone knows that truly innovative companies learn as they go along, pushing boundaries in response to market changes and demands. What's more of a mystery is how to balance innovation on a fresh platform built from scratch with the legacy tech stack, product suite and customers that continue to serve as the business' foundation. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, will discuss why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue an...
Oct. 25, 2016 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,995
In past @ThingsExpo presentations, Joseph di Paolantonio has explored how various Internet of Things (IoT) and data management and analytics (DMA) solution spaces will come together as sensor analytics ecosystems. This year, in his session at @ThingsExpo, Joseph di Paolantonio from DataArchon, will be adding the numerous Transportation areas, from autonomous vehicles to “Uber for containers.” While IoT data in any one area of Transportation will have a huge impact in that area, combining sensor...
Oct. 25, 2016 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 997
Without lifecycle traceability and visibility across the tool chain, stakeholders from Planning-to-Ops have limited insight and answers to who, what, when, why and how across the DevOps lifecycle. This impacts the ability to deliver high quality software at the needed velocity to drive positive business outcomes. In his general session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Eric Robertson, General Manager at CollabNet, will discuss how customers are able to achieve a level of transparency that e...
Oct. 25, 2016 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 987
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cemware will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Use MATLAB functions by just visiting website mathfreeon.com. MATLAB compatible, freely usable, online platform services. As of October 2016, 80,000 users from 180 countries are enjoying our platform service.
Oct. 25, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 890
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Oct. 25, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,246