|By PR Newswire||
|January 8, 2014 10:30 AM EST||
MUMBAI, India, January 8, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Bharat Book Bureau presents Worksite Weight Loss Programs: A Market Analysis In this report provides groundbreaking new study by our examines the $1.2 billion business of worksite-based weight loss programs. This niche segment is one of the few bright spots in a flat overall weight loss market, as employers get more serious about reducing health insurance claims related to obesity. The Affordable Care Act is likely to spur more demand for these programs as well. Obesity-related absenteeism, lost productivity and medical conditions such as diabetes is a huge and expensive issue for employers. (http://www.bharatbook.com/healthcare-market-research-reports/worksite-weight-loss-programs-a-market-analysis.html)
The study examines market revenues/growth from 2005 to 2018 forecast, in-depth competitor profiles and rankings, obesity trends and the cost to employers, market structure/types of weight loss and wellness programs offered to employers on-site, and the effect of Obamacare. The study covers: yearly employer cost per employee, return on investment, screening, prevention, health risk assessments, employee incentives used, findings of various national studies examining employer weight loss programs, worksite competitions, the nature of providers (large commercial and medical diet companies, health plans, start-ups and entrepreneurs), and more.
Study includes 24 in-depth profiles for: Weight Watchers, Mayo Clinic, Retrofit, Alere Wellbeing, Emblem Health, Omada Health, Balance Health, Wellness Councils of America, ShapeUp, Sparkpeople, YMCA and more.
Table of Contents
Introduction: Report Scope & Methodology
Executive Overview of Major Findings
- Highlights of ALL chapters: Current status of the overall weight loss market, nature and structure of the worksite weight loss market, types of providers, types of programs, major market trends, findings of management interviews, market size & growth: 2005-2018 F (top competitor revenues), importance of outcome data,
- Findings of Rand Corp./other studies, dieter trends/preferences/demographics in 2011-2013, the top providers address list.
Nature & Structure of the Worksite Weight Loss Market
- Status report and summary
- Programs by large commercial diet companies, health insurers, wellness program providers
- Market Structure: Description of the different types of worksite weight loss
- Programs now offered
- Findings of The Rand Health "Workplace Wellness Programs Study: cost savings, lbs. lost per person, ROI
- Screening activities to identify health risks (measurement of body weight, for example)
- Preventive interventions to address health risks (weight reduction counseling)
- Health promotion activities
- Kaiser Family Foundation Study findings
- Likely effects of the Affordable Care Act
- Avg. cost to the employer per person, financial incentives used
- Overview of wellness programs and typical components
- Employee attitudes toward worksite weight loss programs
- Paying Employees To Lose Weight - Office Weight Loss Contests, Sample program: Healthy Wage
The National Cost of Obesity
- Scope of the problem, number of people affected, percent of population, obesity rate trends, costs in medical claims, lost productivity, absenteeism, etc.
- Medicare covers obesity counseling, private insurers to follow in 2014
- Dieter trends, preferences and demographics: 2012-2013
- Findings of Duke University study on costs of obesity
- Findings of Employee Benefit Research Institute survey,
- Demand for worksite weight loss programs: participation by men/women, by race, income of employees
- Employee backlash against employer programs.
- No. of Americans diagnosed with diabetes: 1980-2010.
Status of the Overall U.S. Weight Loss Market
- Status report of weight loss mkt. conditions in 2013
- Why the Jan. - May prime diet season was a bust this year
- Popular fad diets of 2013
- Major market and company developments: Nestle sells jenny Craig to private equity firm, Jenny launches monthly plan, Rx diet drug sales still paltry, Obamacare's effect on weight loss programs/insurance coverage, the diet/fitness apps challenge (MyFitnessPal)
- Discussion of recent success of MLM as a sales method for diet products
- 3rd quarter and 9-month detailed sales/profit performance of the major diet companies: Weight Watchers, NutriSystem, Medifast, eDiets.
- 2013 market forecasts
- Major diet market developments of 2011-2012
- Dieter demographic trends: DIY diet cycle, no. of Americans dieting, by gender,
- preference for various food plans, dieter budgets, preferred location
For more information and complete Table of content: http://www.bharatbook.com/healthcare-market-research-reports/worksite-weight-loss-programs-a-market-analysis.html
Request for sample pages: http://www.bharatbook.com/RequestSample.asp?pid=452256
- The U.S. Weight Loss & Diet Control Market
- The 2013-2018 Outlook for Dietary Supplements for Weight Loss in Greater China
- The 2013-2018 World Outlook for Weight-Loss Medication
- The 2013-2018 World Outlook for Weight-Loss Tea
About Bharat Book Bureau
Bharat Book Bureau is the leading market research information aggregator that provides market research reports, industry analysis, company profiles, business reports, country reports, newsletters and online databases. Our clients include Corporate, Consulting firms, and Academic Institutions and Government departments across the globe. Bharat Book Bureau provides over a million reports from more than 400 publishers around the globe. The market research reports we provide, help global companies examine the different markets before setting up a business or expanding into different countries across the world. They give a complete perspective on the current market scenario, trends, segments and future outlook.
SYS-CON Events announced today that VividCortex, the monitoring solution for the modern data system, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The database is the heart of most applications, but it’s also the part that’s hardest to scale, monitor, and optimize even as it’s growing 50% year over year. VividCortex is the first unified suite of database monitoring tools specifically desi...
Aug. 3, 2015 01:07 PM EDT
In their session at 17th Cloud Expo, Hal Schwartz, CEO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), and Chuck Paolillo, CTO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), provide a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. In his role as CEO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), Hal Schwartz provides leadership and direction for the company.
Aug. 3, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 202
Container technology is sending shock waves through the world of cloud computing. Heralded as the 'next big thing,' containers provide software owners a consistent way to package their software and dependencies while infrastructure operators benefit from a standard way to deploy and run them. Containers present new challenges for tracking usage due to their dynamic nature. They can also be deployed to bare metal, virtual machines and various cloud platforms. How do software owners track the usag...
Aug. 3, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 268
As organizations shift towards IT-as-a-service models, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and now cloud environments grows with it. CommVault can ensure protection and E-Discovery of your data – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud, or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enterprise. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Randy De Meno, Chief Technologist - Windows Products and Microsoft Partnerships at Com...
Aug. 3, 2015 11:48 AM EDT
In a recent research, analyst firm IDC found that the average cost of a critical application failure is $500,000 to $1 million per hour and the average total cost of unplanned application downtime is $1.25 billion to $2.5 billion per year for Fortune 1000 companies. In addition to the findings on the cost of the downtime, the research also highlighted best practices for development, testing, application support, infrastructure, and operations teams.
Aug. 3, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 203
Mobile, social, Big Data, and cloud have fundamentally changed the way we live. “Anytime, anywhere” access to data and information is no longer a luxury; it’s a requirement, in both our personal and professional lives. For IT organizations, this means pressure has never been greater to deliver meaningful services to the business and customers.
Aug. 3, 2015 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 230
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a software development company, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software development company with representative offices in Atlanta (US), Sheffield (UK) and Würzburg (Germany); and development centers in Ukraine. Since 2009 it has grown from a small group of passionate engineers and business managers to a full-scale mobi...
Aug. 3, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 361
There are many considerations when moving applications from on-premise to cloud. It is critical to understand the benefits and also challenges of this migration. A successful migration will result in lower Total Cost of Ownership, yet offer the same or higher level of robustness. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Michael Meiner, an Engineering Director at Oracle, Corporation, analyzed a range of cloud offerings (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and discussed the benefits/challenges of migrating to each offe...
Aug. 3, 2015 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 184
"We've just seen a huge influx of new partners coming into our ecosystem, and partners building unique offerings on top of our API set," explained Seth Bostock, Chief Executive Officer at IndependenceIT, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Aug. 2, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 683
Digital Transformation is the ultimate goal of cloud computing and related initiatives. The phrase is certainly not a precise one, and as subject to hand-waving and distortion as any high-falutin' terminology in the world of information technology. Yet it is an excellent choice of words to describe what enterprise IT—and by extension, organizations in general—should be working to achieve. Digital Transformation means: handling all the data types being found and created in the organizat...
Aug. 2, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,136
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Aug. 2, 2015 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 516
Chuck Piluso presented a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. Prior to Secure Infrastructure and Services, Mr. Piluso founded North American Telecommunication Corporation, a facilities-based Competitive Local Exchange Carrier licensed by the Public Service Commission in 10 states, serving as the company's chairman and president from 1997 to 2000. Between 1990 and 1997, Mr. Piluso served as chairman & founder of International Te...
Aug. 2, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 432
The Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), which enables organizations to seamlessly run in a hybrid cloud model (public + private cloud), is here to stay. IDC estimates that the software-defined networking market will be valued at $3.7 billion by 2016. Security is a key component and benefit of the SDDC, and offers an opportunity to build security 'from the ground up' and weave it into the environment from day one. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Reuven Harrison, CTO and Co-Founder of Tufin,...
Aug. 2, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 554
With SaaS use rampant across organizations, how can IT departments track company data and maintain security? More and more departments are commissioning their own solutions and bypassing IT. A cloud environment is amorphous and powerful, allowing you to set up solutions for all of your user needs: document sharing and collaboration, mobile access, e-mail, even industry-specific applications. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Shawn Mills, President and a founder of Green House Data, discussed h...
Aug. 2, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 483
For IoT to grow as quickly as analyst firms’ project, a lot is going to fall on developers to quickly bring applications to market. But the lack of a standard development platform threatens to slow growth and make application development more time consuming and costly, much like we’ve seen in the mobile space. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Weiner, Product Manager of the Omega DevCloud with KORE Telematics Inc., discussed the evolving requirements for developers as IoT matures and conducte...
Aug. 2, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 360