|By PR Newswire||
|January 8, 2014 10:30 AM EST||
MUMBAI, India, January 8, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Bharat Book Bureau presents Worksite Weight Loss Programs: A Market Analysis In this report provides groundbreaking new study by our examines the $1.2 billion business of worksite-based weight loss programs. This niche segment is one of the few bright spots in a flat overall weight loss market, as employers get more serious about reducing health insurance claims related to obesity. The Affordable Care Act is likely to spur more demand for these programs as well. Obesity-related absenteeism, lost productivity and medical conditions such as diabetes is a huge and expensive issue for employers. (http://www.bharatbook.com/healthcare-market-research-reports/worksite-weight-loss-programs-a-market-analysis.html)
The study examines market revenues/growth from 2005 to 2018 forecast, in-depth competitor profiles and rankings, obesity trends and the cost to employers, market structure/types of weight loss and wellness programs offered to employers on-site, and the effect of Obamacare. The study covers: yearly employer cost per employee, return on investment, screening, prevention, health risk assessments, employee incentives used, findings of various national studies examining employer weight loss programs, worksite competitions, the nature of providers (large commercial and medical diet companies, health plans, start-ups and entrepreneurs), and more.
Study includes 24 in-depth profiles for: Weight Watchers, Mayo Clinic, Retrofit, Alere Wellbeing, Emblem Health, Omada Health, Balance Health, Wellness Councils of America, ShapeUp, Sparkpeople, YMCA and more.
Table of Contents
Introduction: Report Scope & Methodology
Executive Overview of Major Findings
- Highlights of ALL chapters: Current status of the overall weight loss market, nature and structure of the worksite weight loss market, types of providers, types of programs, major market trends, findings of management interviews, market size & growth: 2005-2018 F (top competitor revenues), importance of outcome data,
- Findings of Rand Corp./other studies, dieter trends/preferences/demographics in 2011-2013, the top providers address list.
Nature & Structure of the Worksite Weight Loss Market
- Status report and summary
- Programs by large commercial diet companies, health insurers, wellness program providers
- Market Structure: Description of the different types of worksite weight loss
- Programs now offered
- Findings of The Rand Health "Workplace Wellness Programs Study: cost savings, lbs. lost per person, ROI
- Screening activities to identify health risks (measurement of body weight, for example)
- Preventive interventions to address health risks (weight reduction counseling)
- Health promotion activities
- Kaiser Family Foundation Study findings
- Likely effects of the Affordable Care Act
- Avg. cost to the employer per person, financial incentives used
- Overview of wellness programs and typical components
- Employee attitudes toward worksite weight loss programs
- Paying Employees To Lose Weight - Office Weight Loss Contests, Sample program: Healthy Wage
The National Cost of Obesity
- Scope of the problem, number of people affected, percent of population, obesity rate trends, costs in medical claims, lost productivity, absenteeism, etc.
- Medicare covers obesity counseling, private insurers to follow in 2014
- Dieter trends, preferences and demographics: 2012-2013
- Findings of Duke University study on costs of obesity
- Findings of Employee Benefit Research Institute survey,
- Demand for worksite weight loss programs: participation by men/women, by race, income of employees
- Employee backlash against employer programs.
- No. of Americans diagnosed with diabetes: 1980-2010.
Status of the Overall U.S. Weight Loss Market
- Status report of weight loss mkt. conditions in 2013
- Why the Jan. - May prime diet season was a bust this year
- Popular fad diets of 2013
- Major market and company developments: Nestle sells jenny Craig to private equity firm, Jenny launches monthly plan, Rx diet drug sales still paltry, Obamacare's effect on weight loss programs/insurance coverage, the diet/fitness apps challenge (MyFitnessPal)
- Discussion of recent success of MLM as a sales method for diet products
- 3rd quarter and 9-month detailed sales/profit performance of the major diet companies: Weight Watchers, NutriSystem, Medifast, eDiets.
- 2013 market forecasts
- Major diet market developments of 2011-2012
- Dieter demographic trends: DIY diet cycle, no. of Americans dieting, by gender,
- preference for various food plans, dieter budgets, preferred location
For more information and complete Table of content: http://www.bharatbook.com/healthcare-market-research-reports/worksite-weight-loss-programs-a-market-analysis.html
Request for sample pages: http://www.bharatbook.com/RequestSample.asp?pid=452256
- The U.S. Weight Loss & Diet Control Market
- The 2013-2018 Outlook for Dietary Supplements for Weight Loss in Greater China
- The 2013-2018 World Outlook for Weight-Loss Medication
- The 2013-2018 World Outlook for Weight-Loss Tea
About Bharat Book Bureau
Bharat Book Bureau is the leading market research information aggregator that provides market research reports, industry analysis, company profiles, business reports, country reports, newsletters and online databases. Our clients include Corporate, Consulting firms, and Academic Institutions and Government departments across the globe. Bharat Book Bureau provides over a million reports from more than 400 publishers around the globe. The market research reports we provide, help global companies examine the different markets before setting up a business or expanding into different countries across the world. They give a complete perspective on the current market scenario, trends, segments and future outlook.
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Dec. 6, 2016 07:15 AM EST Reads: 1,821
Extracting business value from Internet of Things (IoT) data doesn’t happen overnight. There are several requirements that must be satisfied, including IoT device enablement, data analysis, real-time detection of complex events and automated orchestration of actions. Unfortunately, too many companies fall short in achieving their business goals by implementing incomplete solutions or not focusing on tangible use cases. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products...
Dec. 6, 2016 07:15 AM EST Reads: 710
Businesses and business units of all sizes can benefit from cloud computing, but many don't want the cost, performance and security concerns of public cloud nor the complexity of building their own private clouds. Today, some cloud vendors are using artificial intelligence (AI) to simplify cloud deployment and management. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Ajay Gulati, Co-founder and CEO of ZeroStack, will discuss how AI can simplify cloud operations. He will cover the following topics: why clou...
Dec. 6, 2016 07:00 AM EST Reads: 811
The Internet of Things (IoT) promises to simplify and streamline our lives by automating routine tasks that distract us from our goals. This promise is based on the ubiquitous deployment of smart, connected devices that link everything from industrial control systems to automobiles to refrigerators. Unfortunately, comparatively few of the devices currently deployed have been developed with an eye toward security, and as the DDoS attacks of late October 2016 have demonstrated, this oversight can ...
Dec. 6, 2016 06:30 AM EST Reads: 1,098
Without a clear strategy for cost control and an architecture designed with cloud services in mind, costs and operational performance can quickly get out of control. To avoid multiple architectural redesigns requires extensive thought and planning. Boundary (now part of BMC) launched a new public-facing multi-tenant high resolution monitoring service on Amazon AWS two years ago, facing challenges and learning best practices in the early days of the new service. In his session at 19th Cloud Exp...
Dec. 6, 2016 06:15 AM EST Reads: 759
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Dec. 6, 2016 06:00 AM EST Reads: 462
Kubernetes is a new and revolutionary open-sourced system for managing containers across multiple hosts in a cluster. Ansible is a simple IT automation tool for just about any requirement for reproducible environments. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, Patrick Galbraith, a principal engineer at HPE, discussed how to build a fully functional Kubernetes cluster on a number of virtual machines or bare-metal hosts. Also included will be a brief demonstration of running a Galera MyS...
Dec. 6, 2016 05:45 AM EST Reads: 5,290
Internet-of-Things discussions can end up either going down the consumer gadget rabbit hole or focused on the sort of data logging that industrial manufacturers have been doing forever. However, in fact, companies today are already using IoT data both to optimize their operational technology and to improve the experience of customer interactions in novel ways. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Gordon Haff, Red Hat Technology Evangelist, will share examples from a wide range of industries – includin...
Dec. 6, 2016 05:00 AM EST Reads: 1,646
"We build IoT infrastructure products - when you have to integrate different devices, different systems and cloud you have to build an application to do that but we eliminate the need to build an application. Our products can integrate any device, any system, any cloud regardless of protocol," explained Peter Jung, Chief Product Officer at Pulzze Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 6, 2016 04:45 AM EST Reads: 998
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Dec. 6, 2016 04:30 AM EST Reads: 1,929
@DevOpsSummit at Cloud taking place June 6-8, 2017, at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long developm...
Dec. 6, 2016 04:15 AM EST Reads: 1,753
"We are an all-flash array storage provider but our focus has been on VM-aware storage specifically for virtualized applications," stated Dhiraj Sehgal of Tintri in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 6, 2016 03:45 AM EST Reads: 819
Between 2005 and 2020, data volumes will grow by a factor of 300 – enough data to stack CDs from the earth to the moon 162 times. This has come to be known as the ‘big data’ phenomenon. Unfortunately, traditional approaches to handling, storing and analyzing data aren’t adequate at this scale: they’re too costly, slow and physically cumbersome to keep up. Fortunately, in response a new breed of technology has emerged that is cheaper, faster and more scalable. Yet, in meeting these new needs they...
Dec. 6, 2016 01:00 AM EST Reads: 1,848
"We're a cybersecurity firm that specializes in engineering security solutions both at the software and hardware level. Security cannot be an after-the-fact afterthought, which is what it's become," stated Richard Blech, Chief Executive Officer at Secure Channels, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 6, 2016 12:45 AM EST Reads: 853
When it comes to cloud computing, the ability to turn massive amounts of compute cores on and off on demand sounds attractive to IT staff, who need to manage peaks and valleys in user activity. With cloud bursting, the majority of the data can stay on premises while tapping into compute from public cloud providers, reducing risk and minimizing need to move large files. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Scott Jeschonek, Director of Product Management at Avere Systems, discussed the IT and busin...
Dec. 6, 2016 12:30 AM EST Reads: 3,890