|By PR Newswire||
|January 8, 2014 10:30 AM EST||
MUMBAI, India, January 8, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Bharat Book Bureau presents Worksite Weight Loss Programs: A Market Analysis In this report provides groundbreaking new study by our examines the $1.2 billion business of worksite-based weight loss programs. This niche segment is one of the few bright spots in a flat overall weight loss market, as employers get more serious about reducing health insurance claims related to obesity. The Affordable Care Act is likely to spur more demand for these programs as well. Obesity-related absenteeism, lost productivity and medical conditions such as diabetes is a huge and expensive issue for employers. (http://www.bharatbook.com/healthcare-market-research-reports/worksite-weight-loss-programs-a-market-analysis.html)
The study examines market revenues/growth from 2005 to 2018 forecast, in-depth competitor profiles and rankings, obesity trends and the cost to employers, market structure/types of weight loss and wellness programs offered to employers on-site, and the effect of Obamacare. The study covers: yearly employer cost per employee, return on investment, screening, prevention, health risk assessments, employee incentives used, findings of various national studies examining employer weight loss programs, worksite competitions, the nature of providers (large commercial and medical diet companies, health plans, start-ups and entrepreneurs), and more.
Study includes 24 in-depth profiles for: Weight Watchers, Mayo Clinic, Retrofit, Alere Wellbeing, Emblem Health, Omada Health, Balance Health, Wellness Councils of America, ShapeUp, Sparkpeople, YMCA and more.
Table of Contents
Introduction: Report Scope & Methodology
Executive Overview of Major Findings
- Highlights of ALL chapters: Current status of the overall weight loss market, nature and structure of the worksite weight loss market, types of providers, types of programs, major market trends, findings of management interviews, market size & growth: 2005-2018 F (top competitor revenues), importance of outcome data,
- Findings of Rand Corp./other studies, dieter trends/preferences/demographics in 2011-2013, the top providers address list.
Nature & Structure of the Worksite Weight Loss Market
- Status report and summary
- Programs by large commercial diet companies, health insurers, wellness program providers
- Market Structure: Description of the different types of worksite weight loss
- Programs now offered
- Findings of The Rand Health "Workplace Wellness Programs Study: cost savings, lbs. lost per person, ROI
- Screening activities to identify health risks (measurement of body weight, for example)
- Preventive interventions to address health risks (weight reduction counseling)
- Health promotion activities
- Kaiser Family Foundation Study findings
- Likely effects of the Affordable Care Act
- Avg. cost to the employer per person, financial incentives used
- Overview of wellness programs and typical components
- Employee attitudes toward worksite weight loss programs
- Paying Employees To Lose Weight - Office Weight Loss Contests, Sample program: Healthy Wage
The National Cost of Obesity
- Scope of the problem, number of people affected, percent of population, obesity rate trends, costs in medical claims, lost productivity, absenteeism, etc.
- Medicare covers obesity counseling, private insurers to follow in 2014
- Dieter trends, preferences and demographics: 2012-2013
- Findings of Duke University study on costs of obesity
- Findings of Employee Benefit Research Institute survey,
- Demand for worksite weight loss programs: participation by men/women, by race, income of employees
- Employee backlash against employer programs.
- No. of Americans diagnosed with diabetes: 1980-2010.
Status of the Overall U.S. Weight Loss Market
- Status report of weight loss mkt. conditions in 2013
- Why the Jan. - May prime diet season was a bust this year
- Popular fad diets of 2013
- Major market and company developments: Nestle sells jenny Craig to private equity firm, Jenny launches monthly plan, Rx diet drug sales still paltry, Obamacare's effect on weight loss programs/insurance coverage, the diet/fitness apps challenge (MyFitnessPal)
- Discussion of recent success of MLM as a sales method for diet products
- 3rd quarter and 9-month detailed sales/profit performance of the major diet companies: Weight Watchers, NutriSystem, Medifast, eDiets.
- 2013 market forecasts
- Major diet market developments of 2011-2012
- Dieter demographic trends: DIY diet cycle, no. of Americans dieting, by gender,
- preference for various food plans, dieter budgets, preferred location
For more information and complete Table of content: http://www.bharatbook.com/healthcare-market-research-reports/worksite-weight-loss-programs-a-market-analysis.html
Request for sample pages: http://www.bharatbook.com/RequestSample.asp?pid=452256
- The U.S. Weight Loss & Diet Control Market
- The 2013-2018 Outlook for Dietary Supplements for Weight Loss in Greater China
- The 2013-2018 World Outlook for Weight-Loss Medication
- The 2013-2018 World Outlook for Weight-Loss Tea
About Bharat Book Bureau
Bharat Book Bureau is the leading market research information aggregator that provides market research reports, industry analysis, company profiles, business reports, country reports, newsletters and online databases. Our clients include Corporate, Consulting firms, and Academic Institutions and Government departments across the globe. Bharat Book Bureau provides over a million reports from more than 400 publishers around the globe. The market research reports we provide, help global companies examine the different markets before setting up a business or expanding into different countries across the world. They give a complete perspective on the current market scenario, trends, segments and future outlook.
SYS-CON Events announced today that Numerex Corp, a leading provider of managed enterprise solutions enabling the Internet of Things (IoT), will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Numerex Corp. (NASDAQ:NMRX) is a leading provider of managed enterprise solutions enabling the Internet of Things (IoT). The Company's solutions produce new revenue streams or create operating...
Sep. 28, 2016 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,021
WebRTC adoption has generated a wave of creative uses of communications and collaboration through websites, sales apps, customer care and business applications. As WebRTC has become more mainstream it has evolved to use cases beyond the original peer-to-peer case, which has led to a repeating requirement for interoperability with existing infrastructures. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Graham Holt, Executive Vice President of Daitan Group, will cover implementation examples that have enabled ea...
Sep. 28, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,559
Kubernetes is a new and revolutionary open-sourced system for managing containers across multiple hosts in a cluster. Ansible is a simple IT automation tool for just about any requirement for reproducible environments. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, Patrick Galbraith, a principal engineer at HPE, discussed how to build a fully functional Kubernetes cluster on a number of virtual machines or bare-metal hosts. Also included will be a brief demonstration of running a Galera M...
Sep. 27, 2016 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,976
IoT offers a value of almost $4 trillion to the manufacturing industry through platforms that can improve margins, optimize operations & drive high performance work teams. By using IoT technologies as a foundation, manufacturing customers are integrating worker safety with manufacturing systems, driving deep collaboration and utilizing analytics to exponentially increased per-unit margins. However, as Benoit Lheureux, the VP for Research at Gartner points out, “IoT project implementers often ...
Sep. 27, 2016 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,402
SYS-CON Events announced today that Tintri Inc., a leading producer of VM-aware storage (VAS) for virtualization and cloud environments, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Tintri VM-aware storage is the simplest for virtualized applications and cloud. Organizations including GE, Toyota, United Healthcare, NASA and 6 of the Fortune 15 have said “No to LUNs.” With Tintri they mana...
Sep. 27, 2016 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,847
The Jevons Paradox suggests that when technological advances increase efficiency of a resource, it results in an overall increase in consumption. Writing on the increased use of coal as a result of technological improvements, 19th-century economist William Stanley Jevons found that these improvements led to the development of new ways to utilize coal. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Thiele, Chief Strategy Officer for Apcera, will compare the Jevons Paradox to modern-day enterprise IT, e...
Sep. 27, 2016 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,188
SYS-CON Events announced today the Enterprise IoT Bootcamp, being held November 1-2, 2016, in conjunction with 19th Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the Enterprise IoT Bootcamp is not just based on presentations but with hands-on demos and detailed walkthroughs. We will introduce you to a variety of real world use cases prototyped using Arduino, Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone, Spark, and Intel Edison. Y...
Sep. 27, 2016 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,975
Complete Internet of Things (IoT) embedded device security is not just about the device but involves the entire product’s identity, data and control integrity, and services traversing the cloud. A device can no longer be looked at as an island; it is a part of a system. In fact, given the cross-domain interactions enabled by IoT it could be a part of many systems. Also, depending on where the device is deployed, for example, in the office building versus a factory floor or oil field, security ha...
Sep. 27, 2016 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 492
Is your aging software platform suffering from technical debt while the market changes and demands new solutions at a faster clip? It’s a bold move, but you might consider walking away from your core platform and starting fresh. ReadyTalk did exactly that. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, will discuss why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and over a decade of audio conferencing product development to start an innovati...
Sep. 27, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,046
Fifty billion connected devices and still no winning protocols standards. HTTP, WebSockets, MQTT, and CoAP seem to be leading in the IoT protocol race at the moment but many more protocols are getting introduced on a regular basis. Each protocol has its pros and cons depending on the nature of the communications. Does there really need to be only one protocol to rule them all? Of course not. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, walk you through how Oct...
Sep. 27, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,238
SYS-CON Events announced today that Bsquare has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For more than two decades, Bsquare has helped its customers extract business value from a broad array of physical assets by making them intelligent, connecting them, and using the data they generate to optimize business processes.
Sep. 27, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,874
Whether they’re located in a public, private, or hybrid cloud environment, cloud technologies are constantly evolving. While the innovation is exciting, the end mission of delivering business value and rapidly producing incremental product features is paramount. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Kiran Chitturi, CTO Architect at Sungard AS, will discuss DevOps culture, its evolution of frameworks and technologies, and how it is achieving maturity. He will also cover various st...
Sep. 27, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,824
There are several IoTs: the Industrial Internet, Consumer Wearables, Wearables and Healthcare, Supply Chains, and the movement toward Smart Grids, Cities, Regions, and Nations. There are competing communications standards every step of the way, a bewildering array of sensors and devices, and an entire world of competing data analytics platforms. To some this appears to be chaos. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, Bradley Holt, Developer Advocate a...
Sep. 27, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,214
Identity is in everything and customers are looking to their providers to ensure the security of their identities, transactions and data. With the increased reliance on cloud-based services, service providers must build security and trust into their offerings, adding value to customers and improving the user experience. Making identity, security and privacy easy for customers provides a unique advantage over the competition.
Sep. 27, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,576
SYS-CON Events announced today that Niagara Networks will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Niagara Networks offers the highest port-density systems, and the most complete Next-Generation Network Visibility systems including Network Packet Brokers, Bypass Switches, and Network TAPs.
Sep. 27, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 427