|By Cynthia Dunlop||
|January 13, 2014 10:00 AM EST||
With the "API economy" dominating the headlines in 2013, it's no surprise that Parasoft saw a surge of interest in how to ensure API reliability, security, and performance. Here's a recap of the 13 most-accessed API Integrity resources from 2013:
- API Integrity: How Buggy Are Today's APIs? [Infographic] This infographic highlights some interesting findings from Parasoft's research on API Integrity...
- Today's API Economy: Why API Integrity is a Must! [VIDEO] In an API economy, the integrity of the APIs you produce & consume is more important than ever. Learn how to ensure the security, reliability & compliance of today's extremely interconnected and interdependent applications.
- API Testing Maturity Model [PAPER] Parasoft's API Testing Maturity Model helps organizations set realistic expectations for adopting and optimizing API Testing solutions.
- Cloud/ API Testing Business Drivers [PAPER] Learn about the business drivers behind API testing purchase decisions, as well as the opportunities for ROI in terms of reduced costs, reduced risks, and improved efficiency.
- What's Needed for API Integrity [VIDEO] Learn about the top challenges to API integrity and the strategies and best practices for reducing the risks associated with each challenge.
- Testing REST, JSON, JMS, MQ, TIBCO & More- Oh My! [VIDEO] Learn how Parasoft SOAtest simplifies the management of multiple protocol & message types within a single test suite.
- Exposing Your APIs = Opening Your Home to Bears? [BLOG] Exposing an API to your application is as risky as installing a doggie door into your house-as a recent incident with a bear aptly illustrates.
- API Testing: Challenges and Best Practices [PAPER] Learn about 4 unique challenges associated with API testing and 5 strategies for ensuring API reliability, security, and performance vs. the extreme conditions that API exposure brings.
- Testing APIs for Mobile Applications [PAPER] Learn how Parasoft SOAtest can help you deliver APIs that satisfy expectations for security, reliability, and performance.
- Testing EDI Messages [PAPER] Learn how to take full advantage of a rich graphical interface when you're configuring, sending, and validating EDI-based industry-specific messages during functional and load testing.
- Siemens Case Study [CASE STUDY] With the constant introduction of new APIs and services, Siemens must ensure their applications are smartly integrated with the back-end infrastructure and are diligently maintained to avoid errors or system shutdowns. Learn their strategy for rapidly implementing top-quality APIs.
- Lufthansa Cargo Case Study [CASE STUDY] Lufthansa Cargo needed to develop central, stable, and optimal-performance APIs without affecting the various front ends that were already in place or currently under construction. Discover how they achieved these goals while significantly increasing productivity.
- MedicAlert Case Study [CASE STUDY] MedicAlert needed to accelerate its ability to roll out new services in a secure and effective fashion. Learn how they established a process for managing the functional, security, and performance testing challenges associated with their new capabilities and offerings.
"We have seen the evolution of WebRTC right from the starting point to what it has become today, that people are using in real applications," noted Dr. Natasha Tamaskar, Vice President and Head of Cloud and Mobile Strategy and Ecosystem at GENBAND, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at WebRTC Summit, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 7, 2015 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,063
The 3rd International WebRTC Summit, to be held Nov. 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 15th International Cloud Expo, 6th International Big Data Expo, 3rd International DevOps Summit and 2nd Internet of @ThingsExpo. WebRTC (Web-based Real-Time Com...
Jul. 7, 2015 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 738
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society-changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jason Mondanaro, Director, Product Management at Metanga, discussed how you can plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change the world...
Jul. 7, 2015 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,589
Internet of Things (IoT) will be a hybrid ecosystem of diverse devices and sensors collaborating with operational and enterprise systems to create the next big application. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Bramh Gupta, founder and CEO of robomq.io, and Fred Yatzeck, principal architect leading product development at robomq.io, discussed how choosing the right middleware and integration strategy from the get-go will enable IoT solution developers to adapt and grow with the industry, while at th...
Jul. 7, 2015 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,642
Enterprises are turning to the hybrid cloud to drive greater scalability and cost-effectiveness. But enterprises should beware as the definition of “policy” varies wildly. Some say it’s the ability to control the resources apps’ use or where the apps run. Others view policy as governing the permissions and delivering security. Policy is all of that and more. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Derek Collison, founder and CEO of Apcera, explained what policy is, he showed how policy should be arch...
Jul. 7, 2015 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 964
Countless business models have spawned from the IaaS industry. Resell Web hosting, blogs, public cloud, and on and on. With the overwhelming amount of tools available to us, it's sometimes easy to overlook that many of them are just new skins of resources we've had for a long time. In his General Session at 16th Cloud Expo, Phil Jackson, Lead Technology Evangelist at SoftLayer, broke down what we've got to work with and discuss the benefits and pitfalls to discover how we can best use them to d...
Jul. 7, 2015 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,407
SYS-CON Events announced today that Harbinger Systems will exhibit at SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Harbinger Systems is a global company providing software technology services. Since 1990, Harbinger has developed a strong customer base worldwide. Its customers include software product companies ranging from hi-tech start-ups in Silicon Valley to leading product companies in the US a...
Jul. 7, 2015 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,495
SYS-CON Events announced today that ProfitBricks, the provider of painless cloud infrastructure, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. ProfitBricks is the IaaS provider that offers a painless cloud experience for all IT users, with no learning curve. ProfitBricks boasts flexible cloud servers and networking, an integrated Data Center Designer tool for visual control over the...
Jul. 7, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,275
The 4th International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 17th International Cloud Expo - to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - announces that its Call for Papers is open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than
Jul. 7, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,292
The time is ripe for high speed resilient software defined storage solutions with unlimited scalability. ISS has been working with the leading open source projects and developed a commercial high performance solution that is able to grow forever without performance limitations. In his session at Cloud Expo, Alex Gorbachev, President of Intelligent Systems Services Inc., shared foundation principles of Ceph architecture, as well as the design to deliver this storage to traditional SAN storage co...
Jul. 7, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,488
"We got started as search consultants. On the services side of the business we have help organizations save time and save money when they hit issues that everyone more or less hits when their data grows," noted Otis Gospodnetić, Founder of Sematext, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 7, 2015 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,730
"CenturyLink brings a full suite of services to the table and that enables us to be an IT service provider," explained Jeff Katzen, Director of the Cloud Practice at CenturyLink, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 7, 2015 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 768
17th Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterprises ar...
Jul. 7, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,965
DevOps is about increasing efficiency, but nothing is more inefficient than building the same application twice. However, this is a routine occurrence with enterprise applications that need both a rich desktop web interface and strong mobile support. With recent technological advances from Isomorphic Software and others, it is now feasible to create a rich desktop and tuned mobile experience with a single codebase, without compromising performance or usability.
Jul. 7, 2015 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,434
"In the IoT space we are helping customers, mostly enterprises and industry verticals where time-to-value is critical, and we help them with the ability to do faster insights and actions using our platform so they can transform their business operations," explained Venkat Eswara, VP of Marketing at Vitria, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 7, 2015 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 972