|By PR Newswire||
|January 8, 2014 02:44 PM EST||
NEW YORK, Jan. 8, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Hanna Lee Communications, Inc., an award-winning marketing agency that integrates traditional public relations with innovative social media marketing, today announces the results of its first Hanna Lee Communications Cocktails and Spirits Forecast.
NEW YORK, Jan. 8, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Hanna Lee Communications, Inc., an award-winning marketing agency that integrates traditional public relations with innovative social media marketing, today announces the results of its first Hanna Lee Communications Cocktails and Spirits Forecast.The inaugural edition of the forecast features 14 tippling trends that will shape on- and off-premise consumption in 2014 from top beverage expert Noah Rothbaum, Liquor.com 's editor-in-chief and author of "The Business of Spirits."
"We were very excited to work with Noah to gain his insights into what's ahead in 2014 for cocktails and spirits," says Hanna Lee, President and Founder, Hanna Lee Communications. "This forecast will benefit the spirits and cocktail industry overall, as well as the media who cover it. We plan to undertake this forecast on an annual basis with a range of experts as our way of giving back to the industry."
"2013 was a great year for drinkers, with a range of excellent new bars opening across the country and many important new spirits entering the market," says Rothbaum. "2014 is shaping up to be just as exciting. Both innovations and a return to classics will continue to drive growth."
The 14 trends for 2014 are as follows:
1. Locavore Tippling
- From Brooklyn to Oakland, dozens of craft distilleries have opened across the U.S. and are producing a dizzying array of spirits, from gin to bourbon, absinthe to applejack, often from locally sourced ingredients. These spirits will continue to be embraced by their proud communities.
2. Drink Vodka Like a Russian
- While athletes will compete head-to-head in February at the Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia, there will be no fighting at the bar. Vodka, Russia's national drink and a perennial U.S. favorite, will power infusions and will be a ubiquitous presence in cocktails throughout the games.
3. Saude! (That's "Cheers" in Brazil)
- With the World Cup this June and Summer Olympics in 2016, Brazil will grab the world's attention, and the tropical country's national spirit, cachaca, will be showcased. There's no better way to celebrate Brazil than with a hand-muddled Caipirinha, its signature cocktail.
4. The Professional Cocktail Party
- Borrowing a page from big-time food events, festivals and conferences devoted to cocktails and spirits are taking the U.S. by storm. Tales of the Cocktail is the original and largest cocktail conference for the bartending community, and New York's Manhattan Cocktail Classic is one of the most prominent consumer-focused bashes. Boston, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Portland (Ore.), San Antonio and San Francisco have joined in, with additional cities expected to follow.
5. High-Tech Bartending
- Centrifuges, liquid nitrogen, smokers and lasers seem more at home in a lab than a bar, but pioneering watering holes around the world, including Honeycut (Los Angeles), 69 Colebrooke (London) and Booker and Dax (New York) are using these cutting edge tools to mix up drinks.
6. Bourbon and Rye Renaissance
- With consumers and bartenders craving more flavor-forward spirits, as well as the "Mad Men" effect, bourbon and rye whiskies are continuing to make a robust comeback. They're returning as fashionable sipping spirits, as well as the foundations for cocktails.
7. Cocktails To-Go
- Enjoy your favorite craft cocktail at home! Artisanal brands and top bartenders are launching their own lines of handcrafted bottled cocktails, from Palomas to Negronis. Simply pour over ice and sip away.
8. Flavor Bombs
- Cinnamon tequila. Apple Irish whiskey. Honey Scotch. Thanks to the success of flavored vodkas and Jim Beam's Red Stag line of flavored bourbons, brands are rolling out increasingly more flavored spirits. While consumers may tire of the more outrageous flavors, some experiments will catch on.
9. Global "Scotch-Like" Whiskies
- Scotland's centuries-old near-monopoly on single malt whisky is facing a new and serious foreign threat: "Scotch-like" whiskies from Japan, India, Taiwan and even Upstate New York. As these spirits win critical accolades and praise from tipplers, expect the selection to increase even more this year.
10. Truly Vintage Spirits
- To more authentically recreate pre-Prohibition cocktails, bars and restaurants are now stocking genuinely vintage spirits that date back decades, which were purchased at auction or from collectors. Stop by Pouring Ribbons (New York), MilkWood (Louisville) and Canon (Seattle) to experience some real "liquid history."
11. Simple, Classic Cocktails
- Forget about12-ingredient cocktails. Both bartenders and consumers have grown tired of overly fussy drinks that take a lot time to cobble together and are often puzzling flavor-wise. Expect a return to simpler, classic cocktails. Remember, these drinks are classic for a reason.
12. Overproof Spirits
- While many modern spirits clock in at 40 percent alcohol by volume, a growing number of tipples are breaking that barrier, pushing up to 100-proof, 110-proof and even higher. Mixologists have discovered that these "higher-octane" spirits stand up exceptionally well in cocktails.
13. Rum and Tequila: The "New" Sipping Spirits
- For many years, spirits like rum and tequila were mostly consumed unaged in cocktails like the Mojito and the Margarita. Today, mature versions of these spirits are being sipped and appreciated like fine cognacs or Scotch whiskies.
14. Price Hikes and Bargains Galore
- Prices for both cocktails and liquor have grown over the last few years and will continue to do so, especially in categories like single malt Scotch, as well as bourbon and rye, where producers can't keep up with international demand. However, bargains can still be found in the vodka, gin and rum categories.
Editor's Note: Noah Rothbaum is available for interview, with a photo upon request.
About Noah Rothbaum
Noah Rothbaum is the editor-in-chief of Liquor.com and the author of The Business of Spirits: How Savvy Marketers, Innovative Distillers, and Entrepreneurs Changed How We Drink. Liquor.com is the winner of the 2013 James Beard Award for its "How to Cocktail" video series and the 2012 Tales of the Cocktail Spirited Award for Best Cocktail Writing.
Rothbaum has spoken at a number of industry conferences, including Tales of the Cocktail, the Boston Cocktail Summit, Thirst Boston and the National Restaurant Association Show, and has guest-lectured at the Culinary Institute of America, Georgetown University's McDonough School of Business and Lehigh University. He has also judged several cocktail competitions and been quoted in a wide selection of publications and websites, including O, The Oprah Magazine, BrandWeek, Beverage Media, Nation's Restaurant News, BBC.com, TravelandLeisure.com, MoneyWatch.com, SmartMoney.com, CNBC.com, MarketWatch.com and Forbes.com.
According to Chicago magazine's chief dining critic, Jeff Ruby, "Rothbaum knows drinking like Newton knew gravity, but he's not all high and mighty about it, creating laws and whatnot." And The Wall Street Journal's Speakeasy blog called him "one of the smartest tipplers (and writers on spirits) we know."
In addition, Rothbaum has written for The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Food & Wine, Food Network Magazine, Gastronomica, Esquire, Details, Men's Journal, Men's Fitness, Life, NYMag.com, TheAtlantic.com and Portfolio.com.
About Hanna Lee Communications, Inc.
Headquartered in New York City, Hanna Lee Communications, Inc. is an award-winning marketing agency that integrates traditional public relations with innovative social media marketing. It is specialized in hospitality and lifestyle PR, including spirits, wine, food and travel, as well as event management. The agency only represents products and companies that it is passionate about. This outlook drives its well-acknowledged excellence.
The agency has created a number of successful PR, event management and social media case studies that have earned recognition from prestigious national and international organizations that include PR News' Platinum PR Awards, PRWeek Awards, SABRE Awards, PRSA-NY's Big Apple Awards, The Communicator Awards, The Bulldog Awards and the W 3 Awards. In addition, through its multi-year PR campaign for Mionetto Wines, Hanna Lee Communications contributed to developing the now popular Prosecco category in the U.S.
Hanna Lee Communications' client experience includes the Manhattan Cocktail Classic, Campari, Louis Royer Cognac, Santa Teresa Rum, The Dead Rabbit, PAMA Pomegranate Liqueur, TINCUP American Whiskey, GRACE Restaurant and Pub, Leblon Cachaca, Cooper Spirits' Lock Stock & Barrel Rye Whiskey, Melibea Urban Mediterranean Restaurant, Atsby Vermouth, Pisco Control C, Sobieski Vodka, Marie Brizard Liqueurs, Michael's New York, MONO+MONO Restaurant, Forcella Pizza Restaurant Group, Rayuela Restaurant, Macondo Latin Tapas Bar, San Domenico New York (now SD26), Japan Week, Wines of Croatia, Terra Andina Chilean Wines, Mionetto Wines, G7 Portuguese Wine Consortium and others.
Hanna Lee Communications is active on social media where it shares agency, client and industry news:
SOURCE Hanna Lee Communications, Inc.
Pulzze Systems was happy to participate in such a premier event and thankful to be receiving the winning investment and global network support from G-Startup Worldwide. It is an exciting time for Pulzze to showcase the effectiveness of innovative technologies and enable them to make the world smarter and better. The reputable contest is held to identify promising startups around the globe that are assured to change the world through their innovative products and disruptive technologies. There w...
Aug. 28, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 714
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Aug. 28, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,639
DevOps at Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long dev...
Aug. 28, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,407
SYS-CON Events announced today that StarNet Communications will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. StarNet Communications’ FastX is the industry first cloud-based remote X Windows emulator. Using standard Web browsers (FireFox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) users from around the world gain highly secure access to applications and data hosted on Linux-based servers in a central data center. ...
Aug. 28, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 827
Traditional on-premises data centers have long been the domain of modern data platforms like Apache Hadoop, meaning companies who build their business on public cloud were challenged to run Big Data processing and analytics at scale. But recent advancements in Hadoop performance, security, and most importantly cloud-native integrations, are giving organizations the ability to truly gain value from all their data. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, David Tishgart, Director of Product Marketing ...
Aug. 28, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 655
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Aug. 28, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,943
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Aug. 28, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,114
There is growing need for data-driven applications and the need for digital platforms to build these apps. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Muddu Sudhakar, VP and GM of Security & IoT at Splunk, will cover different PaaS solutions and Big Data platforms that are available to build applications. In addition, AI and machine learning are creating new requirements that developers need in the building of next-gen apps. The next-generation digital platforms have some of the past platform needs a...
Aug. 28, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 670
SYS-CON Events announced today Telecom Reseller has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Telecom Reseller reports on Unified Communications, UCaaS, BPaaS for enterprise and SMBs. They report extensively on both customer premises based solutions such as IP-PBX as well as cloud based and hosted platforms.
Aug. 28, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 820
As the world moves toward more DevOps and Microservices, application deployment to the cloud ought to become a lot simpler. The Microservices architecture, which is the basis of many new age distributed systems such as OpenStack, NetFlix and so on, is at the heart of Cloud Foundry - a complete developer-oriented Platform as a Service (PaaS) that is IaaS agnostic and supports vCloud, OpenStack and AWS. Serverless computing is revolutionizing computing. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Raghav...
Aug. 28, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 876
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Aug. 28, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 4,018
Enterprises have forever faced challenges surrounding the sharing of their intellectual property. Emerging cloud adoption has made it more compelling for enterprises to digitize their content, making them available over a wide variety of devices across the Internet. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Santosh Ahuja, Director of Architecture at Impiger Technologies, will introduce various mechanisms provided by cloud service providers today to manage and share digital content in a secure manner....
Aug. 28, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 762
StarNet Communications Corp has announced the addition of three Secure Remote Desktop modules to its flagship X-Win32 PC X server. The new modules enable X-Win32 to safely tunnel the remote desktops from Linux and Unix servers to the user’s PC over encrypted SSH. Traditionally, users of PC X servers deploy the XDMCP protocol to display remote desktop environments such as the Gnome and KDE desktops on Linux servers and the CDE environment on Solaris Unix machines. XDMCP is used primarily on comp...
Aug. 28, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 709
Fact: storage performance problems have only gotten more complicated, as applications not only have become largely virtualized, but also have moved to cloud-based infrastructures. Storage performance in virtualized environments isn’t just about IOPS anymore. Instead, you need to guarantee performance for individual VMs, helping applications maintain performance as the number of VMs continues to go up in real time. In his session at Cloud Expo, Dhiraj Sehgal, Product and Marketing at Tintri, wil...
Aug. 28, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 780
SYS-CON Events announced today that Isomorphic Software will exhibit at DevOps Summit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Isomorphic Software provides the SmartClient HTML5/AJAX platform, the most advanced technology for building rich, cutting-edge enterprise web applications for desktop and mobile. SmartClient combines the productivity and performance of traditional desktop software with the simp...
Aug. 28, 2016 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,366