|By PR Newswire||
|January 9, 2014 02:38 AM EST||
LONDON, January 9, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
"BE YOUR BEST SELF" LEAP-FROGS "WORK PROGRAMME" AND OTHERS -
Working with unemployed clients from London Job Centres in conjunction with Islington Council's Employment Sustainability team, Emergence concluded a 12-month project funded by the DWP. Emergence achieved amongst the highest job sustainability outcomes of any provider: 74% still in employment after 3 months after finding work, beating our DWP job-placement target by 170%, and 300% better than other competitors.
OFFICIAL DWP PERFORMANCE FIGURES. "EMERGENCE EMERGES SECOND TO NONE"
- 170% OUT-PERFORMANCE OF DWP-SET JOB ACHIEVEMENT TARGETS FROM FINAL COHORT.
- 73.9% JOB SUSTAINABILITY- A SECTOR LEADING RESULT COMPARED TO 24% ON AVERAGE.
- 44.3% OF OUR UNEMPLOYED CLIENTS FOUND EMPLOYMENT AFTER AN AVERAGE OF JUST 7 WEEKS
- 65% WERE IN WORK 12 WEEKS AFTER THE COMPLETION OF THE PROGRAMME
- 10% MENTORED INTO STARTING NEW BUSINESSES VIA THE NEW ENTERPRISE ALLOWANCE SCHEME.
- 86% COMPLETION RATE DURING PROGRAMME 1, RISING TO 100% BY PROGRAMME 3.
WHO IS EMERGENCE?
Emergence Opportunities Ltd is a non-profit organisation (unlike private sector Emergence Solutions Ltd), eager to work with like-minded organisations helping communities/people get back into, and more importantly stay in, employment. Emergence's unique model which is based on the practical application and integration of well established theories, combines Applied Positive Psychology with an integrative multi-disciplinary strengths-oriented "Be Your Best Self" approach, psychometric evaluations meshed with the science of Emergence Theory. This revolutionary approach based on proven methods achieved unparalleled results for the London unemployed to find and stay in full-time employment.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS PROGRAMME IS NOT ASSOCIATED WITH DOWNING STREET'S NUDGE UNIT OR ITS RECOMMENDATION TO USE PSYCHOMETRIC TESTS IN JOB CENTRES TO ASSESS BENEFIT ENTITLEMENT.
A PARTNERSHIP OPPORTUNITY
Does your organisation want to achieve sector-leading results, providing clients with the highest chance of developing the confidence/motivation to find and stay in work?
Emergence is seeking organisations to work with jointly and independently of the DWP to maximise the opportunity these outstanding results represent for the unemployed. We are looking to finance unemployed clients to form a Cohort for our 8-12 week 1-to-1 mentoring/coaching wellbeing programme in February/March, when job seeking and morale is at it lowest. Emergence is actively seeking partner(s) to fund a new programme right now. Help the most disadvantaged gain access to Emergence, one of the most successful programmes ever run in the UK to help the unemployed.
This is an opportunity to be involved in a trail-blazing programme now in its second year. Help the local community share in our success! Please email us in the first instance and you will be contacted by return to explore opportunities further: [email protected]
ABOUT JULIAN ALEXANDER, CEO
Julian Alexander MSc MILM, is the CEO and Founder of Emergence, which develops programmes to deliver innovative cutting-edge solutions with quantitatively measurable results for clients, at a personal level and with teams and organisations seeking to achieve positive change and results through increased self-awareness, wellbeing, satisfaction, and resilience. He is an ILM Member and holds qualifications in coaching and counseling from UCL, CityLit, ICA, has studied hypnotherapy, and was awarded an MSc in Applied Positive Psychology (Merit) from UEL. He is also an Associate Editor of Positive Psychology Quarterly and speaks at leadership and management conferences.
How does this compare to the Government's own Work Programme and other back-to-work programmes, which have achieved poor results and press?
The Government's own Work Programme was launched in 2011 with the aim to get long-term unemployed people into jobs. Their own target was to get 5.5% into jobs lasting 6 months or more, but after its first year, the result was just 3.5%. In Summer 2012 MPs on the Work and Pensions Committee said the programme's record was "poor" but "improving."
In contrast, independent providers contracted by the DWP to supplement or deliver the Work Programme on behalf of the Government achieved slightly better results of 24.9% (against contracted targets of 27.5%).
Emergence, by contrast achieved the outstanding result of getting 65% of its clients into work - a 150% beat of its DWP-set target, and a staggering 73.9% job-sustainability figure - a beat of 170%, and a minimum of 300% better than other back-to-work providers.
So why is it so successful? It is designed to help the client, not DWP statistics.
It uncovers clients' key Strengths (in Positive Psychology terms). It is non-mandatory. It builds trust & confidence.
- Establishes and improves the client's emotional state of mind, attitude and engagement with life by utilising a series of 11 scientifically validated tests and evaluations. This gives rise to a better relationship with the client's own self-awareness and identity, increased self-awareness, optimism, and a sense of meaning and purpose in life, arousing a desire to achieve. This takes place in one-to-one non-mandatory confidential sessions
- As we broaden and build on the progress made earlier in the program this leads to optimism about the future: determination and resilience to rise to life's challenges and become their "best self," benefitting from higher self-esteem and self-confidence: a stronger person ready to seek out and seize new challenges and find employment.
- Ongoing development and support to assist building the clients CV-writing and interviewing skills working and support after the conclusion of the programme with access to resources to assist them further develop these.
This programme is designed to give clients a deep sense of meaning and purpose in life, increased wellbeing, resilience, and optimism along with higher self-esteem and self confidence; a stronger person ready to seek out and seize new challenges and opportunities, and get into - and stay in - work.
- This approach is unique. It offers people an opportunity to see themselves as enhanced, stronger; a more positive self-image in which trying = success becomes a self-evident equation and outcome.
- The client is empowered to seek out work, aware of their skills, strengths, and potential as never before. They are going to want to find work. They will have new inner resources to draw on and new resilience to continue trying until their goal is reached.
- Emergence offers a way out of the psychological benefits-dependent mindset: a way forward for clients, encouraging a permanent change in attitude, for now and the future. For an employer, it is almost as if they've already had their first interview. They compete the programme able to articulate their abilities skills and desires as never before, engendering trust and respect at the interview stage, and increasing their determination to find work
- Equally important is the understanding and acceptance by the end of the programme of the notion of taking personal responsibility for actions and life in general: in particular the need to respect society's expectations and how to maximise their own potential by doing so.
- It also develops and understanding of the need to time-manage effectively, eg. turn up on time, liaise with their future employer as a responsible adult, and treat their job with the respect it deserves having understood that by showing that they take their position and responsibilities seriously, they can now be trusted valued team members
- This will engender longevity in their employment rather than simply end up being a process of entering and exiting a new position due to a lack of commitment and conviction.
Emergence is highly structured in nature: it uncovers strengths, reveals and improves emotional wellbeing, engages clients with self-realisation techniques and writing exercises, encourages them to open up and express their thoughts and ideas, and finally come up with a 5-year plan and a method for identifying goals and targets to aim for with using their newly-discovered strengths. They regain control over their lives and ambitions, able to make decisions and take action.
1) Dear Julian Alexander,
I am writing to commend you on all your kind support and advice during my Emergence program which I took part with your company in March this year. The program is such a breath of fresh air that I am now successfully back in full time employment thanks to your guidance and training and the time you spent with me to make this transition become a reality.
Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to learn new job hunting skills such as improving my interview techniques, having a positive mental attitude, updating my Cover letter and CV and also you patiently listened and answered accordingly without showing any signs of frustration.
Not only have I gained a job but a new career with a firm that I can grow and be successful with, all this wouldn't have been possible without your coaching expertise. Emergence has taught me about relationships at work and my own personal experiences, stress management and balance, spirituality and personal growth, career planning and development, motivation and time management and many more skills.
I want to express my deepest gratitude for believing in me. You have been an excellent friend, teacher, mentor and a great inspiration for me. You have inspired me to pursue my goals with hard work and dedication. You have shown me the value of honesty, sincerity and trust in business. I truly appreciate and value everything I have learned from you. It will forever remain a major contributor behind my success and achievements. I really look forward to the day I can do the same for someone else. Thank you, once again, for your time, support and patience. - Client, 2013
2) Hi Julian,
Hope all is well with you and your family and hope your business is going well too.
I just wanted to keep you updated on my progress with my job at J Crew.I started employment in October with a 20 hour part time contract as a sales associate however after just 4 weeks of hard work and dedication i have shown my superiors my abilities in selling,customer service and in building client relationships so just this week the Vice President and my store director have personally kept a eye on my work since I have joined have now offered me a full time position on 40 hour contract as a fully fledged personal shopper/stylist which also includes increasing brand awareness in London. i am extremely happy with the direction my career is going and always thankful to you for all your support during my days seeking employment, its all overwhelming. Have a great Christmas and best wishes for 2014. - Client, 2013
3) "Emergence has definitely been very influential for me and I have certainly seen a change in response for the jobs I have applied for. The course has risen awareness of my personal strengths which I was otherwise unaware of, and consequently underselling myself in many of my previous applications. It has added new meanings to how I perhaps view my abilities and what I have to give to others, particularly in what I can contribute towards a future employer.
Not only is it informative, but Julian is very good and dedicated to finding an individuals key abilities. It has improved my CV, my outlook ... and as a result feedback from job applications has improved dramatically.
This is not a generic course unlike some I have attended, it is definitely tailored for each individual, the questionnaires taken give a very real and accurate profile of ones character and should not be underestimated. It has been groundbreaking for my personal job search, but I can see this benefiting those in employment too.
I am glad to have attended the course. I would recommend this to anyone who takes themselves seriously to better themselves and fulfill their potential." - Client 2013, JC
4) "In the time that I was gong to the 8-sessions of emergence, I feel that I benefitted greatly. I found the course to be conducted professionally, as well as how it was delivered. I also found the course extremely helpful when it came to finding my own personal skills. The course itself met my needs.
What I feel really stands out about this course is that it is run by someone who is easy to talk to, and helpful but pushes his client into going in the right direction with job interviews.
In doing this, he does mock interviews to not only give an idea of what will be asked, but also to help his client on how to answer. Overall, I really suggest taking this course. It's something that you can gain a lot from. " -Client 2013 E H-T
5) "Julian combines questionnaires to audit your current state of well-being and strengths. He combines the results of these to identify what positive steps a person can take to increase his or her levels of personal satisfaction. The well-being Questionnaires were remarkably useful for me. They also showed me very clearly why my life looks the way it does right now (as opposed to how I had expected it to look at this point).After I completed the questionnaires - which didn't take particularly long - Julian analysed the results, and then we had a conversation. The outcome of that conversation was to work out what I need to do to take more responsibility for increasing my own sense of personal well-being and self-actualisation.
I did the questionnaires last February, and nearly a year later, the results are still influencing my choices. In fact, the more I work on my own steps towards self-realisation, the more relevant the results become. I think the way Julian combines these questionnaires, and the way that he handled the follow up conversation, has had enormous value for me." - PB- coach and trainer, private client 2012
Contact: [email protected] / +44-20-3640-6652
SOURCE Emergence Opportunities Ltd
"At ROHA we develop an app called Catcha. It was developed after we spent a year meeting with, talking to, interacting with senior citizens watching them use their smartphones and talking to them about how they use their smartphones so we could get to know their smartphone behavior," explained Dave Woods, Chief Innovation Officer at ROHA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 6, 2016 11:15 AM EST Reads: 339
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Dec. 6, 2016 11:00 AM EST Reads: 534
SYS-CON Events has announced today that Roger Strukhoff has been named conference chair of Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo 2017 New York. The 20th Cloud Expo and 7th @ThingsExpo will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. "The Internet of Things brings trillions of dollars of opportunity to developers and enterprise IT, no matter how you measure it," stated Roger Strukhoff. "More importantly, it leverages the power of devices and the Internet to enable us all to im...
Dec. 6, 2016 10:59 AM EST
Effectively SMBs and government programs must address compounded regulatory compliance requirements. The most recent are Controlled Unclassified Information and the EU's GDPR have Board Level implications. Managing sensitive data protection will likely result in acquisition criteria, demonstration requests and new requirements. Developers, as part of the pre-planning process and the associated supply chain, could benefit from updating their code libraries and design by incorporating changes. In...
Dec. 6, 2016 10:30 AM EST Reads: 1,152
"Venafi has a platform that allows you to manage, centralize and automate the complete life cycle of keys and certificates within the organization," explained Gina Osmond, Sr. Field Marketing Manager at Venafi, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 6, 2016 10:30 AM EST Reads: 952
"ReadyTalk is an audio and web video conferencing provider. We've really come to embrace WebRTC as the platform for our future of technology," explained Dan Cunningham, CTO of ReadyTalk, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at WebRTC Summit at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 6, 2016 10:15 AM EST Reads: 528
Financial Technology has become a topic of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities. Accordingly, attendees at the upcoming 20th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York, June 6-8, 2017, will find fresh new content in a new track called FinTech.
Dec. 6, 2016 09:15 AM EST Reads: 2,141
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
Dec. 6, 2016 09:00 AM EST Reads: 3,965
Keeping pace with advancements in software delivery processes and tooling is taxing even for the most proficient organizations. Point tools, platforms, open source and the increasing adoption of private and public cloud services requires strong engineering rigor – all in the face of developer demands to use the tools of choice. As Agile has settled in as a mainstream practice, now DevOps has emerged as the next wave to improve software delivery speed and output. To make DevOps work, organization...
Dec. 6, 2016 09:00 AM EST Reads: 5,810
"Qosmos has launched L7Viewer, a network traffic analysis tool, so it analyzes all the traffic between the virtual machine and the data center and the virtual machine and the external world," stated Sebastien Synold, Product Line Manager at Qosmos, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 6, 2016 09:00 AM EST Reads: 707
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Dec. 6, 2016 08:45 AM EST Reads: 7,125
The WebRTC Summit New York, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 20th International Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo. WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web co...
Dec. 6, 2016 08:30 AM EST Reads: 1,336
Successful digital transformation requires new organizational competencies and capabilities. Research tells us that the biggest impediment to successful transformation is human; consequently, the biggest enabler is a properly skilled and empowered workforce. In the digital age, new individual and collective competencies are required. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bob Newhouse, CEO and founder of Agilitiv, drew together recent research and lessons learned from emerging and established compa...
Dec. 6, 2016 08:30 AM EST Reads: 880
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Dec. 6, 2016 08:15 AM EST Reads: 1,672
Without lifecycle traceability and visibility across the tool chain, stakeholders from Planning-to-Ops have limited insight and answers to who, what, when, why and how across the DevOps lifecycle. This impacts the ability to deliver high quality software at the needed velocity to drive positive business outcomes. In his general session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Phil Hombledal, Solution Architect at CollabNet, discussed how customers are able to achieve a level of transparency that e...
Dec. 6, 2016 08:15 AM EST Reads: 1,063