|By Business Wire||
|January 10, 2014 06:01 PM EST||
Please replace the release with the following corrected version due to multiple revisions.
The corrected release reads:
SAMSUNG WINS 50 AWARDS ACROSS MULTIPLE PRODUCT CATEGORIES AT CES 2014
Samsung Honored for Exceptional Products in TV, Audio/Video, Tablets, Wearables, Home Appliances, PCs, Monitors, Cameras and Consumer Memory & Storage Categories
Samsung today announced that it earned 50 top honors for innovation and technology excellence from leading media outlets and organizations such as CEA, Digital Trends, Reviewed.com, and PCWorld during the 2014 International CES.
Samsung underlined its technology leadership in TVs, mobile devices and home appliances by launching a range of category-defining products at the show. It combined deep consumer insight, engineering excellence, software innovation, and clever design to deliver curves into UHDs, chefs into consumers’ kitchens, and the best viewing and productivity into tablets.
Awards per category included:
- CES Innovations Design and Engineering Awards – Best of Innovations: Samsung 65-inch Real 240Hz FHD Smart LED TV with Quad-core Multi-tasking Capability
- HD Guru 2014 CES Top Picks Awards – Best in Show: 105-inch Curved UHD TV
- HD Guru 2014 CES Top Picks Awards – Best Media Player: UHD Video Pack
- HD Guru 2014 CES Top Picks Awards – Best Soundbar: HW-H750 Soundbar
- Mashable Best Tech of CES 2014: 85-inch Bendable UHD TV
- PCWorld Best of CES Awards – Best Entertainment Product: U9000 Curved UHD TV
- Digital Trends Best of CES 2014 – Tablets: NotePRO 12.2
- Expert Reviews Best Tablet at CES 2014: NotePRO 12.2
- LAPTOP Best of CES 2014 Awards – Best Large Tablet: NotePRO 12.2
- Reviewed.com CES Editors’ Choice Awards: NotePRO 12.2
- TechRadar Best of CES 2014 – Best Tablet: NotePRO 12.2
- Gotta Be Mobile Best of CES 2014 – Best Tablet: NotePRO 12.2
- Droid Guy Best of CES 2014 Awards – Prom Queen: NotePRO 12.2
- Stuff.tv 2014 CES Hot Stuff Awards: NotePRO 12.2
- PC Mag Best of CES 2014 - Best Android Tablet: NotePRO 12.2
- Digital Trends Best of CES 2014 – Home: Samsung Chef Collection Dishwasher
- Reviewed.com CES Editors’ Choice Awards: Samsung Chef Collection 4-Door Refrigerator
- Reviewed.com CES Editors’ Choice Awards: Samsung Chef Collection Dishwasher
- Reviewed.com CES Editors’ Choice Awards: Samsung WF9100 Washer
- Techlicious 2014 Best of CES Awards: Samsung Food ShowCase Refrigerator
- CES Innovations Design and Engineering Awards – Best of Innovations: Samsung Curved LED Monitor
- Techlicious 2014 Best of CES Awards: Samsung ATIV One 7
- TechRadar Best of CES 2014 – Best All-in-One Computer: Samsung ATIV One 7
- Reviewed.com CES Editors’ Choice Awards: Samsung NX30
- Tom’s Guide Best of CES 2014 – Best Camera: Samsung NX30
- Popular Photography – Best New Camera and Photo Gear: Samsung Galaxy Camera 2
Consumer Memory & Storage
- 2014 Storage Visions® – Visionary Products Awards – Home Consumer Storage: Samsung 840 EVO SSD (awarded prior to CES 2014)
- 2014 Storage Visions® – Visionary Company Awards – Professional Storage Company: Samsung 3D Vertical NAND Flash Technology (awarded prior to CES 2014)
Samsung was also the recipient of 22 additional CES Innovations Design and Engineering Awards:
- Computer Peripherals: Samsung UHD Monitor
- Digital Imaging: Samsung Galaxy NX
- Eco-Design and Sustainable Technologies: Samsung DV457 Front-Load Dryer
- Eco-Design and Sustainable Technologies: Samsung UN55H7150, Eco-friendly LED TV with Smart TV Features
- Eco-Design and Sustainable Technologies: Samsung WF9000 Front-Load Laundry Pair
- Embedded Technologies: Samsung 3GB LPDDR3
- Home Appliances: Samsung Food Showcase Refrigerator
- Home Appliances: Samsung Chef Collection Refrigerator
- Home Appliances: SAMSUNG Chef Collection Dishwasher with WaterWall™ washing system
- Home Appliances: Samsung T9000 Four-Door Refrigerator
- Home Audio - Video Accessories: Samsung Evolution Kit
- Home Audio - Video Accessories: Samsung UHD Evolution Kit
- Home Audio - Video Components: Samsung 7.1 Blu-ray Home Theater System with Vacuum Tube and Digital Amp
- Home Audio - Home Theater Speakers: Samsung 7.1 Blu-ray Home Theater System with Vacuum Tube and Digital Amp
- Tablets, E-Readers and Mobile Computing: Galaxy Note 10.1 - 2014 Edition
- Tablets, E-Readers and Mobile Computing: Galaxy Note 8.0
- Tablets, E-Readers and Mobile Computing: Galaxy Tab 3 8.0
- Video Displays: Samsung 110-inch UHD TV
- Video Displays: Samsung 55-inch Curved OLED TV with 3D Multi-View
- Video Displays: Samsung 98-inch Glassless-3D/2D switchable UHD TV
- Video Displays: Samsung 78-inch Curved UHD LED TV
- Wearable Technologies: Samsung Galaxy Gear
For more information about any of these products, please visit www.samsungces.com.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in technology, opening new possibilities for people everywhere. Through relentless innovation and discovery, we are transforming the worlds of TVs, smartphones, personal computers, printers, cameras, home appliances, LTE systems, medical devices, semiconductors and LED solutions. We employ 270,000 people across 79 countries with annual sales of US$187.8 billion. To discover more, please visit www.samsung.com.
In IT, we sometimes coin terms for things before we know exactly what they are and how they’ll be used. The resulting terms may capture a common set of aspirations and goals – as “cloud” did broadly for on-demand, self-service, and flexible computing. But such a term can also lump together diverse and even competing practices, technologies, and priorities to the point where important distinctions are glossed over and lost.
Dec. 8, 2016 09:15 PM EST Reads: 1,656
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Dec. 8, 2016 09:15 PM EST Reads: 925
All clouds are not equal. To succeed in a DevOps context, organizations should plan to develop/deploy apps across a choice of on-premise and public clouds simultaneously depending on the business needs. This is where the concept of the Lean Cloud comes in - resting on the idea that you often need to relocate your app modules over their life cycles for both innovation and operational efficiency in the cloud. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Valentin (Val) Bercovici, CTO of Soli...
Dec. 8, 2016 08:30 PM EST Reads: 1,882
Complete Internet of Things (IoT) embedded device security is not just about the device but involves the entire product’s identity, data and control integrity, and services traversing the cloud. A device can no longer be looked at as an island; it is a part of a system. In fact, given the cross-domain interactions enabled by IoT it could be a part of many systems. Also, depending on where the device is deployed, for example, in the office building versus a factory floor or oil field, security ha...
Dec. 8, 2016 07:45 PM EST Reads: 303
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings in the last year, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their back-end AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT – especially in the connected home and office. Amazon is extending its reach by building on its dominant Cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strategy, recently announced Replenishment Services, the Echo/Alexa voice recognition control platform, the 6-7 strategic...
Dec. 8, 2016 07:15 PM EST Reads: 355
"Qosmos has launched L7Viewer, a network traffic analysis tool, so it analyzes all the traffic between the virtual machine and the data center and the virtual machine and the external world," stated Sebastien Synold, Product Line Manager at Qosmos, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 8, 2016 06:45 PM EST Reads: 943
Everyone knows that truly innovative companies learn as they go along, pushing boundaries in response to market changes and demands. What's more of a mystery is how to balance innovation on a fresh platform built from scratch with the legacy tech stack, product suite and customers that continue to serve as the business' foundation. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, discussed why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and mor...
Dec. 8, 2016 05:45 PM EST Reads: 1,717
Without a clear strategy for cost control and an architecture designed with cloud services in mind, costs and operational performance can quickly get out of control. To avoid multiple architectural redesigns requires extensive thought and planning. Boundary (now part of BMC) launched a new public-facing multi-tenant high resolution monitoring service on Amazon AWS two years ago, facing challenges and learning best practices in the early days of the new service. In his session at 19th Cloud Exp...
Dec. 8, 2016 05:45 PM EST Reads: 944
As data explodes in quantity, importance and from new sources, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and cloud environments grow with it. Managing data includes protecting it, indexing and classifying it for true, long-term management, compliance and E-Discovery. Commvault can ensure this with a single pane of glass solution – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enter...
Dec. 8, 2016 05:00 PM EST Reads: 1,815
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Dec. 8, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 1,843
Financial Technology has become a topic of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities. Accordingly, attendees at the upcoming 20th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York, June 6-8, 2017, will find fresh new content in a new track called FinTech.
Dec. 8, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 2,248
@DevOpsSummit taking place June 6-8, 2017 at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Dec. 8, 2016 04:30 PM EST Reads: 1,969
"We are a leader in the market space called network visibility solutions - it enables monitoring tools and Big Data analysis to access the data and be able to see the performance," explained Shay Morag, VP of Sales and Marketing at Niagara Networks, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 8, 2016 04:30 PM EST Reads: 378
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Dec. 8, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 2,312
Keeping pace with advancements in software delivery processes and tooling is taxing even for the most proficient organizations. Point tools, platforms, open source and the increasing adoption of private and public cloud services requires strong engineering rigor - all in the face of developer demands to use the tools of choice. As Agile has settled in as a mainstream practice, now DevOps has emerged as the next wave to improve software delivery speed and output. To make DevOps work, organization...
Dec. 8, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 299