|By Business Wire||
|January 10, 2014 06:01 PM EST||
Please replace the release with the following corrected version due to multiple revisions.
The corrected release reads:
SAMSUNG WINS 50 AWARDS ACROSS MULTIPLE PRODUCT CATEGORIES AT CES 2014
Samsung Honored for Exceptional Products in TV, Audio/Video, Tablets, Wearables, Home Appliances, PCs, Monitors, Cameras and Consumer Memory & Storage Categories
Samsung today announced that it earned 50 top honors for innovation and technology excellence from leading media outlets and organizations such as CEA, Digital Trends, Reviewed.com, and PCWorld during the 2014 International CES.
Samsung underlined its technology leadership in TVs, mobile devices and home appliances by launching a range of category-defining products at the show. It combined deep consumer insight, engineering excellence, software innovation, and clever design to deliver curves into UHDs, chefs into consumers’ kitchens, and the best viewing and productivity into tablets.
Awards per category included:
- CES Innovations Design and Engineering Awards – Best of Innovations: Samsung 65-inch Real 240Hz FHD Smart LED TV with Quad-core Multi-tasking Capability
- HD Guru 2014 CES Top Picks Awards – Best in Show: 105-inch Curved UHD TV
- HD Guru 2014 CES Top Picks Awards – Best Media Player: UHD Video Pack
- HD Guru 2014 CES Top Picks Awards – Best Soundbar: HW-H750 Soundbar
- Mashable Best Tech of CES 2014: 85-inch Bendable UHD TV
- PCWorld Best of CES Awards – Best Entertainment Product: U9000 Curved UHD TV
- Digital Trends Best of CES 2014 – Tablets: NotePRO 12.2
- Expert Reviews Best Tablet at CES 2014: NotePRO 12.2
- LAPTOP Best of CES 2014 Awards – Best Large Tablet: NotePRO 12.2
- Reviewed.com CES Editors’ Choice Awards: NotePRO 12.2
- TechRadar Best of CES 2014 – Best Tablet: NotePRO 12.2
- Gotta Be Mobile Best of CES 2014 – Best Tablet: NotePRO 12.2
- Droid Guy Best of CES 2014 Awards – Prom Queen: NotePRO 12.2
- Stuff.tv 2014 CES Hot Stuff Awards: NotePRO 12.2
- PC Mag Best of CES 2014 - Best Android Tablet: NotePRO 12.2
- Digital Trends Best of CES 2014 – Home: Samsung Chef Collection Dishwasher
- Reviewed.com CES Editors’ Choice Awards: Samsung Chef Collection 4-Door Refrigerator
- Reviewed.com CES Editors’ Choice Awards: Samsung Chef Collection Dishwasher
- Reviewed.com CES Editors’ Choice Awards: Samsung WF9100 Washer
- Techlicious 2014 Best of CES Awards: Samsung Food ShowCase Refrigerator
- CES Innovations Design and Engineering Awards – Best of Innovations: Samsung Curved LED Monitor
- Techlicious 2014 Best of CES Awards: Samsung ATIV One 7
- TechRadar Best of CES 2014 – Best All-in-One Computer: Samsung ATIV One 7
- Reviewed.com CES Editors’ Choice Awards: Samsung NX30
- Tom’s Guide Best of CES 2014 – Best Camera: Samsung NX30
- Popular Photography – Best New Camera and Photo Gear: Samsung Galaxy Camera 2
Consumer Memory & Storage
- 2014 Storage Visions® – Visionary Products Awards – Home Consumer Storage: Samsung 840 EVO SSD (awarded prior to CES 2014)
- 2014 Storage Visions® – Visionary Company Awards – Professional Storage Company: Samsung 3D Vertical NAND Flash Technology (awarded prior to CES 2014)
Samsung was also the recipient of 22 additional CES Innovations Design and Engineering Awards:
- Computer Peripherals: Samsung UHD Monitor
- Digital Imaging: Samsung Galaxy NX
- Eco-Design and Sustainable Technologies: Samsung DV457 Front-Load Dryer
- Eco-Design and Sustainable Technologies: Samsung UN55H7150, Eco-friendly LED TV with Smart TV Features
- Eco-Design and Sustainable Technologies: Samsung WF9000 Front-Load Laundry Pair
- Embedded Technologies: Samsung 3GB LPDDR3
- Home Appliances: Samsung Food Showcase Refrigerator
- Home Appliances: Samsung Chef Collection Refrigerator
- Home Appliances: SAMSUNG Chef Collection Dishwasher with WaterWall™ washing system
- Home Appliances: Samsung T9000 Four-Door Refrigerator
- Home Audio - Video Accessories: Samsung Evolution Kit
- Home Audio - Video Accessories: Samsung UHD Evolution Kit
- Home Audio - Video Components: Samsung 7.1 Blu-ray Home Theater System with Vacuum Tube and Digital Amp
- Home Audio - Home Theater Speakers: Samsung 7.1 Blu-ray Home Theater System with Vacuum Tube and Digital Amp
- Tablets, E-Readers and Mobile Computing: Galaxy Note 10.1 - 2014 Edition
- Tablets, E-Readers and Mobile Computing: Galaxy Note 8.0
- Tablets, E-Readers and Mobile Computing: Galaxy Tab 3 8.0
- Video Displays: Samsung 110-inch UHD TV
- Video Displays: Samsung 55-inch Curved OLED TV with 3D Multi-View
- Video Displays: Samsung 98-inch Glassless-3D/2D switchable UHD TV
- Video Displays: Samsung 78-inch Curved UHD LED TV
- Wearable Technologies: Samsung Galaxy Gear
For more information about any of these products, please visit www.samsungces.com.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in technology, opening new possibilities for people everywhere. Through relentless innovation and discovery, we are transforming the worlds of TVs, smartphones, personal computers, printers, cameras, home appliances, LTE systems, medical devices, semiconductors and LED solutions. We employ 270,000 people across 79 countries with annual sales of US$187.8 billion. To discover more, please visit www.samsung.com.
SYS-CON Events announced today that Isomorphic Software will exhibit at DevOps Summit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Isomorphic Software provides the SmartClient HTML5/AJAX platform, the most advanced technology for building rich, cutting-edge enterprise web applications for desktop and mobile. SmartClient combines the productivity and performance of traditional desktop software with the simp...
Aug. 28, 2016 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,339
With so much going on in this space you could be forgiven for thinking you were always working with yesterday’s technologies. So much change, so quickly. What do you do if you have to build a solution from the ground up that is expected to live in the field for at least 5-10 years? This is the challenge we faced when we looked to refresh our existing 10-year-old custom hardware stack to measure the fullness of trash cans and compactors.
Aug. 28, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,763
Extreme Computing is the ability to leverage highly performant infrastructure and software to accelerate Big Data, machine learning, HPC, and Enterprise applications. High IOPS Storage, low-latency networks, in-memory databases, GPUs and other parallel accelerators are being used to achieve faster results and help businesses make better decisions. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at NVIDIA, focused on some of the unique ways extreme computing is...
Aug. 28, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,148
The emerging Internet of Everything creates tremendous new opportunities for customer engagement and business model innovation. However, enterprises must overcome a number of critical challenges to bring these new solutions to market. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Michael Martin, CTO/CIO at nfrastructure, outlined these key challenges and recommended approaches for overcoming them to achieve speed and agility in the design, development and implementation of Internet of Everything solutions wi...
Aug. 28, 2016 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,072
Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is expected in the amount of information being processed, managed, analyzed, and acted upon by enterprise IT. This amazing is not part of some distant future - it is happening today. One report shows a 650% increase in enterprise data by 2020. Other estimates are even higher....
Aug. 28, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,962
Today we can collect lots and lots of performance data. We build beautiful dashboards and even have fancy query languages to access and transform the data. Still performance data is a secret language only a couple of people understand. The more business becomes digital the more stakeholders are interested in this data including how it relates to business. Some of these people have never used a monitoring tool before. They have a question on their mind like “How is my application doing” but no id...
Aug. 28, 2016 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,821
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Aug. 27, 2016 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,995
Identity is in everything and customers are looking to their providers to ensure the security of their identities, transactions and data. With the increased reliance on cloud-based services, service providers must build security and trust into their offerings, adding value to customers and improving the user experience. Making identity, security and privacy easy for customers provides a unique advantage over the competition.
Aug. 27, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,349
Qosmos has announced new milestones in the detection of encrypted traffic and in protocol signature coverage. Qosmos latest software can accurately classify traffic encrypted with SSL/TLS (e.g., Google, Facebook, WhatsApp), P2P traffic (e.g., BitTorrent, MuTorrent, Vuze), and Skype, while preserving the privacy of communication content. These new classification techniques mean that traffic optimization, policy enforcement, and user experience are largely unaffected by encryption. In respect wit...
Aug. 27, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,776
Fact: storage performance problems have only gotten more complicated, as applications not only have become largely virtualized, but also have moved to cloud-based infrastructures. Storage performance in virtualized environments isn’t just about IOPS anymore. Instead, you need to guarantee performance for individual VMs, helping applications maintain performance as the number of VMs continues to go up in real time. In his session at Cloud Expo, Dhiraj Sehgal, Product and Marketing at Tintri, wil...
Aug. 27, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 739
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Aug. 27, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,097
Enterprises have forever faced challenges surrounding the sharing of their intellectual property. Emerging cloud adoption has made it more compelling for enterprises to digitize their content, making them available over a wide variety of devices across the Internet. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Santosh Ahuja, Director of Architecture at Impiger Technologies, will introduce various mechanisms provided by cloud service providers today to manage and share digital content in a secure manner....
Aug. 27, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 734
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, will deep dive into best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Aug. 27, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,582
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Aug. 27, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,884
To leverage Continuous Delivery, enterprises must consider impacts that span functional silos, as well as applications that touch older, slower moving components. Managing the many dependencies can cause slowdowns. See how to achieve continuous delivery in the enterprise.
Aug. 27, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,636