|By Business Wire||
|January 10, 2014 06:01 PM EST||
Please replace the release with the following corrected version due to multiple revisions.
The corrected release reads:
SAMSUNG WINS 50 AWARDS ACROSS MULTIPLE PRODUCT CATEGORIES AT CES 2014
Samsung Honored for Exceptional Products in TV, Audio/Video, Tablets, Wearables, Home Appliances, PCs, Monitors, Cameras and Consumer Memory & Storage Categories
Samsung today announced that it earned 50 top honors for innovation and technology excellence from leading media outlets and organizations such as CEA, Digital Trends, Reviewed.com, and PCWorld during the 2014 International CES.
Samsung underlined its technology leadership in TVs, mobile devices and home appliances by launching a range of category-defining products at the show. It combined deep consumer insight, engineering excellence, software innovation, and clever design to deliver curves into UHDs, chefs into consumers’ kitchens, and the best viewing and productivity into tablets.
Awards per category included:
- CES Innovations Design and Engineering Awards – Best of Innovations: Samsung 65-inch Real 240Hz FHD Smart LED TV with Quad-core Multi-tasking Capability
- HD Guru 2014 CES Top Picks Awards – Best in Show: 105-inch Curved UHD TV
- HD Guru 2014 CES Top Picks Awards – Best Media Player: UHD Video Pack
- HD Guru 2014 CES Top Picks Awards – Best Soundbar: HW-H750 Soundbar
- Mashable Best Tech of CES 2014: 85-inch Bendable UHD TV
- PCWorld Best of CES Awards – Best Entertainment Product: U9000 Curved UHD TV
- Digital Trends Best of CES 2014 – Tablets: NotePRO 12.2
- Expert Reviews Best Tablet at CES 2014: NotePRO 12.2
- LAPTOP Best of CES 2014 Awards – Best Large Tablet: NotePRO 12.2
- Reviewed.com CES Editors’ Choice Awards: NotePRO 12.2
- TechRadar Best of CES 2014 – Best Tablet: NotePRO 12.2
- Gotta Be Mobile Best of CES 2014 – Best Tablet: NotePRO 12.2
- Droid Guy Best of CES 2014 Awards – Prom Queen: NotePRO 12.2
- Stuff.tv 2014 CES Hot Stuff Awards: NotePRO 12.2
- PC Mag Best of CES 2014 - Best Android Tablet: NotePRO 12.2
- Digital Trends Best of CES 2014 – Home: Samsung Chef Collection Dishwasher
- Reviewed.com CES Editors’ Choice Awards: Samsung Chef Collection 4-Door Refrigerator
- Reviewed.com CES Editors’ Choice Awards: Samsung Chef Collection Dishwasher
- Reviewed.com CES Editors’ Choice Awards: Samsung WF9100 Washer
- Techlicious 2014 Best of CES Awards: Samsung Food ShowCase Refrigerator
- CES Innovations Design and Engineering Awards – Best of Innovations: Samsung Curved LED Monitor
- Techlicious 2014 Best of CES Awards: Samsung ATIV One 7
- TechRadar Best of CES 2014 – Best All-in-One Computer: Samsung ATIV One 7
- Reviewed.com CES Editors’ Choice Awards: Samsung NX30
- Tom’s Guide Best of CES 2014 – Best Camera: Samsung NX30
- Popular Photography – Best New Camera and Photo Gear: Samsung Galaxy Camera 2
Consumer Memory & Storage
- 2014 Storage Visions® – Visionary Products Awards – Home Consumer Storage: Samsung 840 EVO SSD (awarded prior to CES 2014)
- 2014 Storage Visions® – Visionary Company Awards – Professional Storage Company: Samsung 3D Vertical NAND Flash Technology (awarded prior to CES 2014)
Samsung was also the recipient of 22 additional CES Innovations Design and Engineering Awards:
- Computer Peripherals: Samsung UHD Monitor
- Digital Imaging: Samsung Galaxy NX
- Eco-Design and Sustainable Technologies: Samsung DV457 Front-Load Dryer
- Eco-Design and Sustainable Technologies: Samsung UN55H7150, Eco-friendly LED TV with Smart TV Features
- Eco-Design and Sustainable Technologies: Samsung WF9000 Front-Load Laundry Pair
- Embedded Technologies: Samsung 3GB LPDDR3
- Home Appliances: Samsung Food Showcase Refrigerator
- Home Appliances: Samsung Chef Collection Refrigerator
- Home Appliances: SAMSUNG Chef Collection Dishwasher with WaterWall™ washing system
- Home Appliances: Samsung T9000 Four-Door Refrigerator
- Home Audio - Video Accessories: Samsung Evolution Kit
- Home Audio - Video Accessories: Samsung UHD Evolution Kit
- Home Audio - Video Components: Samsung 7.1 Blu-ray Home Theater System with Vacuum Tube and Digital Amp
- Home Audio - Home Theater Speakers: Samsung 7.1 Blu-ray Home Theater System with Vacuum Tube and Digital Amp
- Tablets, E-Readers and Mobile Computing: Galaxy Note 10.1 - 2014 Edition
- Tablets, E-Readers and Mobile Computing: Galaxy Note 8.0
- Tablets, E-Readers and Mobile Computing: Galaxy Tab 3 8.0
- Video Displays: Samsung 110-inch UHD TV
- Video Displays: Samsung 55-inch Curved OLED TV with 3D Multi-View
- Video Displays: Samsung 98-inch Glassless-3D/2D switchable UHD TV
- Video Displays: Samsung 78-inch Curved UHD LED TV
- Wearable Technologies: Samsung Galaxy Gear
For more information about any of these products, please visit www.samsungces.com.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in technology, opening new possibilities for people everywhere. Through relentless innovation and discovery, we are transforming the worlds of TVs, smartphones, personal computers, printers, cameras, home appliances, LTE systems, medical devices, semiconductors and LED solutions. We employ 270,000 people across 79 countries with annual sales of US$187.8 billion. To discover more, please visit www.samsung.com.
In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Yoseph Reuveni, Director of Software Engineering at Jet.com, will discuss Jet.com's journey into containerizing Microsoft-based technologies like C# and F# into Docker. He will talk about lessons learned and challenges faced, the Mono framework tryout and how they deployed everything into Azure cloud. Yoseph Reuveni is a technology leader with unique experience developing and running high throughput (over 1M tps) distributed systems with extre...
Jul. 23, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,950
"We are a well-established player in the application life cycle management market and we also have a very strong version control product," stated Flint Brenton, CEO of CollabNet,, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 23, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,702
"We provide DevOps solutions. We also partner with some key players in the DevOps space and we use the technology that we partner with to engineer custom solutions for different organizations," stated Himanshu Chhetri, CTO of Addteq, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 23, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,516
Actian Corporation has announced the latest version of the Actian Vector in Hadoop (VectorH) database, generally available at the end of July. VectorH is based on the same query engine that powers Actian Vector, which recently doubled the TPC-H benchmark record for non-clustered systems at the 3000GB scale factor (see tpc.org/3323). The ability to easily ingest information from different data sources and rapidly develop queries to make better business decisions is becoming increasingly importan...
Jul. 23, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 631
The IoT has the potential to create a renaissance of manufacturing in the US and elsewhere. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Florent Solt, CTO and chief architect of Netvibes, discussed how the expected exponential increase in the amount of data that will be processed, transported, stored, and accessed means there will be a huge demand for smart technologies to deliver it. Florent Solt is the CTO and chief architect of Netvibes. Prior to joining Netvibes in 2007, he co-founded Rift Technologi...
Jul. 23, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 923
"Operations is sort of the maturation of cloud utilization and the move to the cloud," explained Steve Anderson, Product Manager for BMC’s Cloud Lifecycle Management, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 23, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,777
Enterprise networks are complex. Moreover, they were designed and deployed to meet a specific set of business requirements at a specific point in time. But, the adoption of cloud services, new business applications and intensifying security policies, among other factors, require IT organizations to continuously deploy configuration changes. Therefore, enterprises are looking for better ways to automate the management of their networks while still leveraging existing capabilities, optimizing perf...
Jul. 23, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 886
Security, data privacy, reliability and regulatory compliance are critical factors when evaluating whether to move business applications from in-house client hosted environments to a cloud platform. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Vandana Viswanathan, Associate Director at Cognizant, In this session, will provide an orientation to the five stages required to implement a cloud hosted solution validation strategy.
Jul. 23, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 660
Unless your company can spend a lot of money on new technology, re-engineering your environment and hiring a comprehensive cybersecurity team, you will most likely move to the cloud or seek external service partnerships. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Darren Guccione, CEO of Keeper Security, revealed what you need to know when it comes to encryption in the cloud.
Jul. 23, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,290
The cloud competition for database hosts is fierce. How do you evaluate a cloud provider for your database platform? In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Chris Presley, a Solutions Architect at Pythian, gave users a checklist of considerations when choosing a provider. Chris Presley is a Solutions Architect at Pythian. He loves order – making him a premier Microsoft SQL Server expert. Not only has he programmed and administered SQL Server, but he has also shared his expertise and passion with b...
Jul. 23, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,801
We're entering the post-smartphone era, where wearable gadgets from watches and fitness bands to glasses and health aids will power the next technological revolution. With mass adoption of wearable devices comes a new data ecosystem that must be protected. Wearables open new pathways that facilitate the tracking, sharing and storing of consumers’ personal health, location and daily activity data. Consumers have some idea of the data these devices capture, but most don’t realize how revealing and...
Jul. 23, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,963
What are the successful IoT innovations from emerging markets? What are the unique challenges and opportunities from these markets? How did the constraints in connectivity among others lead to groundbreaking insights? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Carmen Feliciano, a Principal at AMDG, will answer all these questions and share how you can apply IoT best practices and frameworks from the emerging markets to your own business.
Jul. 23, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,489
Basho Technologies has announced the latest release of Basho Riak TS, version 1.3. Riak TS is an enterprise-grade NoSQL database optimized for Internet of Things (IoT). The open source version enables developers to download the software for free and use it in production as well as make contributions to the code and develop applications around Riak TS. Enhancements to Riak TS make it quick, easy and cost-effective to spin up an instance to test new ideas and build IoT applications. In addition to...
Jul. 23, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,828
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Jul. 23, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 781
Extracting business value from Internet of Things (IoT) data doesn’t happen overnight. There are several requirements that must be satisfied, including IoT device enablement, data analysis, real-time detection of complex events and automated orchestration of actions. Unfortunately, too many companies fall short in achieving their business goals by implementing incomplete solutions or not focusing on tangible use cases. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products...
Jul. 23, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,644