|By Business Wire||
|January 10, 2014 06:01 PM EST||
Please replace the release with the following corrected version due to multiple revisions.
The corrected release reads:
SAMSUNG WINS 50 AWARDS ACROSS MULTIPLE PRODUCT CATEGORIES AT CES 2014
Samsung Honored for Exceptional Products in TV, Audio/Video, Tablets, Wearables, Home Appliances, PCs, Monitors, Cameras and Consumer Memory & Storage Categories
Samsung today announced that it earned 50 top honors for innovation and technology excellence from leading media outlets and organizations such as CEA, Digital Trends, Reviewed.com, and PCWorld during the 2014 International CES.
Samsung underlined its technology leadership in TVs, mobile devices and home appliances by launching a range of category-defining products at the show. It combined deep consumer insight, engineering excellence, software innovation, and clever design to deliver curves into UHDs, chefs into consumers’ kitchens, and the best viewing and productivity into tablets.
Awards per category included:
- CES Innovations Design and Engineering Awards – Best of Innovations: Samsung 65-inch Real 240Hz FHD Smart LED TV with Quad-core Multi-tasking Capability
- HD Guru 2014 CES Top Picks Awards – Best in Show: 105-inch Curved UHD TV
- HD Guru 2014 CES Top Picks Awards – Best Media Player: UHD Video Pack
- HD Guru 2014 CES Top Picks Awards – Best Soundbar: HW-H750 Soundbar
- Mashable Best Tech of CES 2014: 85-inch Bendable UHD TV
- PCWorld Best of CES Awards – Best Entertainment Product: U9000 Curved UHD TV
- Digital Trends Best of CES 2014 – Tablets: NotePRO 12.2
- Expert Reviews Best Tablet at CES 2014: NotePRO 12.2
- LAPTOP Best of CES 2014 Awards – Best Large Tablet: NotePRO 12.2
- Reviewed.com CES Editors’ Choice Awards: NotePRO 12.2
- TechRadar Best of CES 2014 – Best Tablet: NotePRO 12.2
- Gotta Be Mobile Best of CES 2014 – Best Tablet: NotePRO 12.2
- Droid Guy Best of CES 2014 Awards – Prom Queen: NotePRO 12.2
- Stuff.tv 2014 CES Hot Stuff Awards: NotePRO 12.2
- PC Mag Best of CES 2014 - Best Android Tablet: NotePRO 12.2
- Digital Trends Best of CES 2014 – Home: Samsung Chef Collection Dishwasher
- Reviewed.com CES Editors’ Choice Awards: Samsung Chef Collection 4-Door Refrigerator
- Reviewed.com CES Editors’ Choice Awards: Samsung Chef Collection Dishwasher
- Reviewed.com CES Editors’ Choice Awards: Samsung WF9100 Washer
- Techlicious 2014 Best of CES Awards: Samsung Food ShowCase Refrigerator
- CES Innovations Design and Engineering Awards – Best of Innovations: Samsung Curved LED Monitor
- Techlicious 2014 Best of CES Awards: Samsung ATIV One 7
- TechRadar Best of CES 2014 – Best All-in-One Computer: Samsung ATIV One 7
- Reviewed.com CES Editors’ Choice Awards: Samsung NX30
- Tom’s Guide Best of CES 2014 – Best Camera: Samsung NX30
- Popular Photography – Best New Camera and Photo Gear: Samsung Galaxy Camera 2
Consumer Memory & Storage
- 2014 Storage Visions® – Visionary Products Awards – Home Consumer Storage: Samsung 840 EVO SSD (awarded prior to CES 2014)
- 2014 Storage Visions® – Visionary Company Awards – Professional Storage Company: Samsung 3D Vertical NAND Flash Technology (awarded prior to CES 2014)
Samsung was also the recipient of 22 additional CES Innovations Design and Engineering Awards:
- Computer Peripherals: Samsung UHD Monitor
- Digital Imaging: Samsung Galaxy NX
- Eco-Design and Sustainable Technologies: Samsung DV457 Front-Load Dryer
- Eco-Design and Sustainable Technologies: Samsung UN55H7150, Eco-friendly LED TV with Smart TV Features
- Eco-Design and Sustainable Technologies: Samsung WF9000 Front-Load Laundry Pair
- Embedded Technologies: Samsung 3GB LPDDR3
- Home Appliances: Samsung Food Showcase Refrigerator
- Home Appliances: Samsung Chef Collection Refrigerator
- Home Appliances: SAMSUNG Chef Collection Dishwasher with WaterWall™ washing system
- Home Appliances: Samsung T9000 Four-Door Refrigerator
- Home Audio - Video Accessories: Samsung Evolution Kit
- Home Audio - Video Accessories: Samsung UHD Evolution Kit
- Home Audio - Video Components: Samsung 7.1 Blu-ray Home Theater System with Vacuum Tube and Digital Amp
- Home Audio - Home Theater Speakers: Samsung 7.1 Blu-ray Home Theater System with Vacuum Tube and Digital Amp
- Tablets, E-Readers and Mobile Computing: Galaxy Note 10.1 - 2014 Edition
- Tablets, E-Readers and Mobile Computing: Galaxy Note 8.0
- Tablets, E-Readers and Mobile Computing: Galaxy Tab 3 8.0
- Video Displays: Samsung 110-inch UHD TV
- Video Displays: Samsung 55-inch Curved OLED TV with 3D Multi-View
- Video Displays: Samsung 98-inch Glassless-3D/2D switchable UHD TV
- Video Displays: Samsung 78-inch Curved UHD LED TV
- Wearable Technologies: Samsung Galaxy Gear
For more information about any of these products, please visit www.samsungces.com.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in technology, opening new possibilities for people everywhere. Through relentless innovation and discovery, we are transforming the worlds of TVs, smartphones, personal computers, printers, cameras, home appliances, LTE systems, medical devices, semiconductors and LED solutions. We employ 270,000 people across 79 countries with annual sales of US$187.8 billion. To discover more, please visit www.samsung.com.
Personalization has long been the holy grail of marketing. Simply stated, communicate the most relevant offer to the right person and you will increase sales. To achieve this, you must understand the individual. Consequently, digital marketers developed many ways to gather and leverage customer information to deliver targeted experiences. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lou Casal, Founder and Principal Consultant at Practicala, discussed how the Internet of Things (IoT) has accelerated our abil...
Sep. 29, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,748
SYS-CON Events has announced today that Roger Strukhoff has been named conference chair of Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo 2016 Silicon Valley. The 19th Cloud Expo and 6th @ThingsExpo will take place on November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. "The Internet of Things brings trillions of dollars of opportunity to developers and enterprise IT, no matter how you measure it," stated Roger Strukhoff. "More importantly, it leverages the power of devices and the Interne...
Sep. 29, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,379
Digital innovation is the next big wave of business transformation based on digital technologies of which IoT and Big Data are key components, For example: Business boundary innovation is a challenge to excavate third-party business value using IoT and BigData, like Nest Business structure innovation may propose re-building business structure from scratch, as Uber does in the taxicab industry The social model innovation is also a big challenge to the new social architecture with the design fr...
Sep. 29, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,333
Whether they’re located in a public, private, or hybrid cloud environment, cloud technologies are constantly evolving. While the innovation is exciting, the end mission of delivering business value and rapidly producing incremental product features is paramount. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Kiran Chitturi, CTO Architect at Sungard AS, will discuss DevOps culture, its evolution of frameworks and technologies, and how it is achieving maturity. He will also cover various st...
Sep. 29, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,934
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, provided tips on how to be successful in large scale machine learning...
Sep. 29, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,363
If you had a chance to enter on the ground level of the largest e-commerce market in the world – would you? China is the world’s most populated country with the second largest economy and the world’s fastest growing market. It is estimated that by 2018 the Chinese market will be reaching over $30 billion in gaming revenue alone. Admittedly for a foreign company, doing business in China can be challenging. Often changing laws, administrative regulations and the often inscrutable Chinese Interne...
Sep. 29, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 444
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Sep. 29, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,179
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kausik Sridharabalan, founder and CTO of Pulzze Systems, Inc., will focus on key challenges in building an Internet of Things solution infrastructure. He will shed light on efficient ways of defining interactions within IoT solutions, leading to cost and time reduction. He will also introduce ways to handle data and how one can develop IoT solutions that are lean, flexible and configurable, thus making IoT infrastructure agile and scalable.
Sep. 29, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,613
Creating replica copies to tolerate a certain number of failures is easy, but very expensive at cloud-scale. Conventional RAID has lower overhead, but it is limited in the number of failures it can tolerate. And the management is like herding cats (overseeing capacity, rebuilds, migrations, and degraded performance). Download Slide Deck: ▸ Here In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Scott Cleland, Senior Director of Product Marketing for the HGST Cloud Infrastructure Business Unit, discusse...
Sep. 29, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,520
Data is an unusual currency; it is not restricted by the same transactional limitations as money or people. In fact, the more that you leverage your data across multiple business use cases, the more valuable it becomes to the organization. And the same can be said about the organization’s analytics. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bill Schmarzo, CTO for the Big Data Practice at EMC, will introduce a methodology for capturing, enriching and sharing data (and analytics) across the organizati...
Sep. 29, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,772
Internet of @ThingsExpo has announced today that Chris Matthieu has been named tech chair of Internet of @ThingsExpo 2016 Silicon Valley. The 6thInternet of @ThingsExpo will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Sep. 29, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,762
SYS-CON Events announced today that Bsquare has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For more than two decades, Bsquare has helped its customers extract business value from a broad array of physical assets by making them intelligent, connecting them, and using the data they generate to optimize business processes.
Sep. 29, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,961
Video experiences should be unique and exciting! But that doesn’t mean you need to patch all the pieces yourself. Users demand rich and engaging experiences and new ways to connect with you. But creating robust video applications at scale can be complicated, time-consuming and expensive. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Zohar Babin, Vice President of Platform, Ecosystem and Community at Kaltura, will discuss how VPaaS enables you to move fast, creating scalable video experiences that reach your...
Sep. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,157
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, wh...
Sep. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,938
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Sep. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,611