|By Business Wire||
|January 10, 2014 06:01 PM EST||
Please replace the release with the following corrected version due to multiple revisions.
The corrected release reads:
SAMSUNG WINS 50 AWARDS ACROSS MULTIPLE PRODUCT CATEGORIES AT CES 2014
Samsung Honored for Exceptional Products in TV, Audio/Video, Tablets, Wearables, Home Appliances, PCs, Monitors, Cameras and Consumer Memory & Storage Categories
Samsung today announced that it earned 50 top honors for innovation and technology excellence from leading media outlets and organizations such as CEA, Digital Trends, Reviewed.com, and PCWorld during the 2014 International CES.
Samsung underlined its technology leadership in TVs, mobile devices and home appliances by launching a range of category-defining products at the show. It combined deep consumer insight, engineering excellence, software innovation, and clever design to deliver curves into UHDs, chefs into consumers’ kitchens, and the best viewing and productivity into tablets.
Awards per category included:
- CES Innovations Design and Engineering Awards – Best of Innovations: Samsung 65-inch Real 240Hz FHD Smart LED TV with Quad-core Multi-tasking Capability
- HD Guru 2014 CES Top Picks Awards – Best in Show: 105-inch Curved UHD TV
- HD Guru 2014 CES Top Picks Awards – Best Media Player: UHD Video Pack
- HD Guru 2014 CES Top Picks Awards – Best Soundbar: HW-H750 Soundbar
- Mashable Best Tech of CES 2014: 85-inch Bendable UHD TV
- PCWorld Best of CES Awards – Best Entertainment Product: U9000 Curved UHD TV
- Digital Trends Best of CES 2014 – Tablets: NotePRO 12.2
- Expert Reviews Best Tablet at CES 2014: NotePRO 12.2
- LAPTOP Best of CES 2014 Awards – Best Large Tablet: NotePRO 12.2
- Reviewed.com CES Editors’ Choice Awards: NotePRO 12.2
- TechRadar Best of CES 2014 – Best Tablet: NotePRO 12.2
- Gotta Be Mobile Best of CES 2014 – Best Tablet: NotePRO 12.2
- Droid Guy Best of CES 2014 Awards – Prom Queen: NotePRO 12.2
- Stuff.tv 2014 CES Hot Stuff Awards: NotePRO 12.2
- PC Mag Best of CES 2014 - Best Android Tablet: NotePRO 12.2
- Digital Trends Best of CES 2014 – Home: Samsung Chef Collection Dishwasher
- Reviewed.com CES Editors’ Choice Awards: Samsung Chef Collection 4-Door Refrigerator
- Reviewed.com CES Editors’ Choice Awards: Samsung Chef Collection Dishwasher
- Reviewed.com CES Editors’ Choice Awards: Samsung WF9100 Washer
- Techlicious 2014 Best of CES Awards: Samsung Food ShowCase Refrigerator
- CES Innovations Design and Engineering Awards – Best of Innovations: Samsung Curved LED Monitor
- Techlicious 2014 Best of CES Awards: Samsung ATIV One 7
- TechRadar Best of CES 2014 – Best All-in-One Computer: Samsung ATIV One 7
- Reviewed.com CES Editors’ Choice Awards: Samsung NX30
- Tom’s Guide Best of CES 2014 – Best Camera: Samsung NX30
- Popular Photography – Best New Camera and Photo Gear: Samsung Galaxy Camera 2
Consumer Memory & Storage
- 2014 Storage Visions® – Visionary Products Awards – Home Consumer Storage: Samsung 840 EVO SSD (awarded prior to CES 2014)
- 2014 Storage Visions® – Visionary Company Awards – Professional Storage Company: Samsung 3D Vertical NAND Flash Technology (awarded prior to CES 2014)
Samsung was also the recipient of 22 additional CES Innovations Design and Engineering Awards:
- Computer Peripherals: Samsung UHD Monitor
- Digital Imaging: Samsung Galaxy NX
- Eco-Design and Sustainable Technologies: Samsung DV457 Front-Load Dryer
- Eco-Design and Sustainable Technologies: Samsung UN55H7150, Eco-friendly LED TV with Smart TV Features
- Eco-Design and Sustainable Technologies: Samsung WF9000 Front-Load Laundry Pair
- Embedded Technologies: Samsung 3GB LPDDR3
- Home Appliances: Samsung Food Showcase Refrigerator
- Home Appliances: Samsung Chef Collection Refrigerator
- Home Appliances: SAMSUNG Chef Collection Dishwasher with WaterWall™ washing system
- Home Appliances: Samsung T9000 Four-Door Refrigerator
- Home Audio - Video Accessories: Samsung Evolution Kit
- Home Audio - Video Accessories: Samsung UHD Evolution Kit
- Home Audio - Video Components: Samsung 7.1 Blu-ray Home Theater System with Vacuum Tube and Digital Amp
- Home Audio - Home Theater Speakers: Samsung 7.1 Blu-ray Home Theater System with Vacuum Tube and Digital Amp
- Tablets, E-Readers and Mobile Computing: Galaxy Note 10.1 - 2014 Edition
- Tablets, E-Readers and Mobile Computing: Galaxy Note 8.0
- Tablets, E-Readers and Mobile Computing: Galaxy Tab 3 8.0
- Video Displays: Samsung 110-inch UHD TV
- Video Displays: Samsung 55-inch Curved OLED TV with 3D Multi-View
- Video Displays: Samsung 98-inch Glassless-3D/2D switchable UHD TV
- Video Displays: Samsung 78-inch Curved UHD LED TV
- Wearable Technologies: Samsung Galaxy Gear
For more information about any of these products, please visit www.samsungces.com.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in technology, opening new possibilities for people everywhere. Through relentless innovation and discovery, we are transforming the worlds of TVs, smartphones, personal computers, printers, cameras, home appliances, LTE systems, medical devices, semiconductors and LED solutions. We employ 270,000 people across 79 countries with annual sales of US$187.8 billion. To discover more, please visit www.samsung.com.
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Sep. 1, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 459
Skeuomorphism usually means retaining existing design cues in something new that doesn’t actually need them. However, the concept of skeuomorphism can be thought of as relating more broadly to applying existing patterns to new technologies that, in fact, cry out for new approaches. In his session at DevOps Summit, Gordon Haff, Senior Cloud Strategy Marketing and Evangelism Manager at Red Hat, discussed why containers should be paired with new architectural practices such as microservices rathe...
Sep. 1, 2015 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 408
SYS-CON Events announced today that G2G3 will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit Silicon Valley, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Based on a collective appreciation for user experience, design, and technology, G2G3 is uniquely qualified and motivated to redefine how organizations and people engage in an increasingly digital world.
Aug. 31, 2015 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 499
Any Ops team trying to support a company in today’s cloud-connected world knows that a new way of thinking is required – one just as dramatic than the shift from Ops to DevOps. The diversity of modern operations requires teams to focus their impact on breadth vs. depth. In his session at DevOps Summit, Adam Serediuk, Director of Operations at xMatters, Inc., will discuss the strategic requirements of evolving from Ops to DevOps, and why modern Operations has begun leveraging the “NoOps” approa...
Aug. 31, 2015 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 399
Too often with compelling new technologies market participants become overly enamored with that attractiveness of the technology and neglect underlying business drivers. This tendency, what some call the “newest shiny object syndrome,” is understandable given that virtually all of us are heavily engaged in technology. But it is also mistaken. Without concrete business cases driving its deployment, IoT, like many other technologies before it, will fade into obscurity.
Aug. 31, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 368
Organizations from small to large are increasingly adopting cloud solutions to deliver essential business services at a much lower cost. According to cyber security experts, the frequency and severity of cyber-attacks are on the rise, causing alarm to businesses and customers across a variety of industries. To defend against exploits like these, a company must adopt a comprehensive security defense strategy that is designed for their business. In 2015, organizations such as United Airlines, Sony...
Aug. 31, 2015 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 483
The Internet of Things is in the early stages of mainstream deployment but it promises to unlock value and rapidly transform how organizations manage, operationalize, and monetize their assets. IoT is a complex structure of hardware, sensors, applications, analytics and devices that need to be able to communicate geographically and across all functions. Once the data is collected from numerous endpoints, the challenge then becomes converting it into actionable insight.
Aug. 31, 2015 07:00 PM EDT
Puppet Labs has announced the next major update to its flagship product: Puppet Enterprise 2015.2. This release includes new features providing DevOps teams with clarity, simplicity and additional management capabilities, including an all-new user interface, an interactive graph for visualizing infrastructure code, a new unified agent and broader infrastructure support.
Aug. 31, 2015 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 523
Consumer IoT applications provide data about the user that just doesn’t exist in traditional PC or mobile web applications. This rich data, or “context,” enables the highly personalized consumer experiences that characterize many consumer IoT apps. This same data is also providing brands with unprecedented insight into how their connected products are being used, while, at the same time, powering highly targeted engagement and marketing opportunities. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Nathan Trel...
Aug. 31, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 243
Amazon and Google have built software-defined data centers (SDDCs) that deliver massively scalable services with great efficiency. Yet, building SDDCs has proven to be a near impossibility for ‘normal’ companies without hyper-scale resources. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, David Cauthron, founder and chief executive officer of Nimboxx, will discuss the evolution of virtualization (hardware, application, memory, storage) and how commodity / open source hyper converged infrastructure (HCI) so...
Aug. 31, 2015 04:45 PM EDT
In their Live Hack” presentation at 17th Cloud Expo, Stephen Coty and Paul Fletcher, Chief Security Evangelists at Alert Logic, will provide the audience with a chance to see a live demonstration of the common tools cyber attackers use to attack cloud and traditional IT systems. This “Live Hack” uses open source attack tools that are free and available for download by anybody. Attendees will learn where to find and how to operate these tools for the purpose of testing their own IT infrastructu...
Aug. 31, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 463
The web app is agile. The REST API is agile. The testing and planning are agile. But alas, data infrastructures certainly are not. Once an application matures, changing the shape or indexing scheme of data often forces at best a top down planning exercise and at worst includes schema changes that force downtime. The time has come for a new approach that fundamentally advances the agility of distributed data infrastructures. Come learn about a new solution to the problems faced by software organ...
Aug. 31, 2015 04:30 PM EDT
With the Apple Watch making its way onto wrists all over the world, it’s only a matter of time before it becomes a staple in the workplace. In fact, Forrester reported that 68 percent of technology and business decision-makers characterize wearables as a top priority for 2015. Recognizing their business value early on, FinancialForce.com was the first to bring ERP to wearables, helping streamline communication across front and back office functions. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kevin Roberts...
Aug. 31, 2015 03:15 PM EDT
IBM’s Blue Box Cloud, powered by OpenStack, is now available in any of IBM’s globally integrated cloud data centers running SoftLayer infrastructure. Less than 90 days after its acquisition of Blue Box, IBM has integrated its Blue Box Cloud Dedicated private-cloud-as-a-service into its broader portfolio of OpenStack® based solutions. The announcement, made today at the OpenStack Silicon Valley event, further highlights IBM’s continued support to deliver OpenStack solutions across all cloud depl...
Aug. 31, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 249
Red Hat is investing in Tesora, the number one contributor to OpenStack Trove Database as a Service (DBaaS) also ranked among the top 20 companies contributing to OpenStack overall. Tesora, the company bringing OpenStack Trove Database as a Service (DBaaS) to the enterprise, has announced that Red Hat and others have invested in the company as a part of Tesora's latest funding round. The funding agreement expands on the ongoing collaboration between Tesora and Red Hat, which dates back to Febr...
Aug. 31, 2015 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 380