|By Marketwired .||
|January 13, 2014 12:20 PM EST||
CHICAGO, IL -- (Marketwired) -- 01/13/14 -- Coyne College, a leader in education and training for Heating, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration, Electrical Construction and Maintenance, Electrical Construction and Planning, Pharmacy Technician, Medical Assisting, Medical Billing and Coding, and Physical Therapist Aide, announced today a series of awards recognizing contributions from employers, professional advisers and staff in 2013.
"We had another year of outstanding contributions from our staff, faculty and professional advisers, along with the employers who hired Coyne College students and provided them valuable jobs and externships," said Russell Freeman, President of Coyne College. "Our annual awards are a way of recognizing and thanking the best of the best from the year."
Here is a complete list of award recipients for 2013:
- Employer of the Year - Pactiv Corporation, the world's largest food service packaging company, placed four Coyne College graduates in training-related positions at its various locations. It previously has hired three Coyne College Electrical Construction & Maintenance graduates and one Electrical Construction & Planning graduate. In addition, Pactiv Corporation has attended Coyne College's career fairs for the past several years.
- Externship Partner of the Year - Terrence Lerner, M.D., a General Surgeon at Advocate Masonic Medical Center in Chicago, sponsored six Coyne College Medical Assistant students in 2013 for quality externships that provided on-the-job experience and hired one of the students. Additionally, Dr. Lerner's office manager, Angie Graves, encourages students to apply for open positions she hears about through her wide network of medical professionals, recommends Coyne College graduates for open positions, and calls the college's Career Services department whenever she hears of openings for Medical Assistants.
- Program Advisory Committee (PAC) Member of the Year - Bob Rieck, a Technical Training Manager for Trane, which provides heating and air conditioning systems, services and solutions, has been a contributing PAC member since 2012. PAC is a group of industry professionals, practitioners, affiliated partners, and other interested parties who meet with Coyne faculty and administrators to chart improvements in the college's training programs. Mr. Rieck provides Coyne College with valuable suggestions and feedback about its HVAC programs. He has also recruited at Coyne College's career fairs, hired four graduates, and participated in the college's Guest Speaker series.
- Employee of the Year - Angela Harris, who was hired as a Resource Center Aide in 2010, has created a customer service-centric atmosphere in the Coyne College Resource Center. She also has designed many of the fliers, publications and displays around the campus. Ms. Harris has perfect attendance, takes on new responsibilities, and is consistently engaged in making improvements.
- Instructor of the Year - Virginia Hanson teaches General Education and Essential Workplace Skills classes for Coyne College's medical and construction trade programs. She started teaching at Coyne College in January 2010. During that time, Ms. Hanson has assisted students in pursuing scholarship opportunities, instituted Teaching Fraction Friday math workshops, and spearheaded the recent partnership between the Coyne American Institute Educational Foundation and Dress for Success, a non-profit organization that provides suits to women for their job interviews.
Coyne College has been honoring employers, externship partners and PAC members since 2008. Previous award recipients include the Chicago Transit Authority; Four Seasons Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing; PolyScience; Professional Eye Center; Rush University Medical Center; Scheck & Siress; Taylor Medical; and Walgreens.
About Coyne College
Coyne College has more than 110 years of experience in educating and preparing students for brighter futures through hands-on, dedicated career training. Located on two campuses in downtown Chicago, Coyne offers individualized instruction, flexible class schedules and large, furnished labs. Coyne offers diploma and associate degree programs in a variety of fields including Heating, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration, Electrical/Electronics, and HealthCare. To learn more, visit www.coynecollege.edu or call (800)707-1922.
Your homes and cars can be automated and self-serviced. Why can't your storage? From simply asking questions to analyze and troubleshoot your infrastructure, to provisioning storage with snapshots, recovery and replication, your wildest sci-fi dream has come true. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Dan Florea, Director of Product Management at Tintri, will provide a ChatOps demo where you can talk to your storage and manage it from anywhere, through Slack and similar services ...
Mar. 30, 2017 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 4,628
HyperConvergence came to market with the objective of being simple, flexible and to help drive down operating expenses. It reduced the footprint by bundling the compute/storage/network into one box. This brought a new set of challenges as the HyperConverged vendors are very focused on their own proprietary building blocks. If you want to scale in a certain way, let’s say you identified a need for more storage and want to add a device that is not sold by the HyperConverged vendor, forget about it...
Mar. 30, 2017 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 299
SYS-CON Events announced today that StorageCraft Technology Corp, a global leader in backup and disaster, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. The StorageCraft family of companies, founded in 2003, provides award-winning backup, disaster recovery, system migration and data protection solutions for servers, desktops and laptops in addition to powerful data analytics.
Mar. 30, 2017 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 332
MongoDB Atlas leverages VPC peering for AWS, a service that allows multiple VPC networks to interact. This includes VPCs that belong to other AWS account holders. By performing cross account VPC peering, users ensure networks that host and communicate their data are secure. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Jay Gordon, a Developer Advocate at MongoDB, will explain how to properly architect your VPC using existing AWS tools and then peer with your MongoDB Atlas cluster. He'll discuss the secur...
Mar. 30, 2017 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,256
Deep learning has been very successful in social sciences and specially areas where there is a lot of data. Trading is another field that can be viewed as social science with a lot of data. With the advent of Deep Learning and Big Data technologies for efficient computation, we are finally able to use the same methods in investment management as we would in face recognition or in making chat-bots. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Gaurav Chakravorty, co-founder and Head of Strategy Development ...
Mar. 30, 2017 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 4,049
SYS-CON Events announced today that HTBase will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. HTBase (Gartner 2016 Cool Vendor) delivers a Composable IT infrastructure solution architected for agility and increased efficiency. It turns compute, storage, and fabric into fluid pools of resources that are easily composed and re-composed to meet each application’s needs. With HTBase, companies can quickly prov...
Mar. 30, 2017 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,535
SYS-CON Events announced today that Linux Academy, the foremost online Linux and cloud training platform and community, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Linux Academy was founded on the belief that providing high-quality, in-depth training should be available at an affordable price. Industry leaders in quality training, provided services, and student certification passes, its goal is to c...
Mar. 30, 2017 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 4,413
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm. In his Day 3 Keynote at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Brown, a Solutions Marketing Manager at Nutanix, will explore t...
Mar. 30, 2017 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,432
Providing the needed data for application development and testing is a huge headache for most organizations. The problems are often the same across companies - speed, quality, cost, and control. Provisioning data can take days or weeks, every time a refresh is required. Using dummy data leads to quality problems. Creating physical copies of large data sets and sending them to distributed teams of developers eats up expensive storage and bandwidth resources. And, all of these copies proliferating...
Mar. 30, 2017 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 6,778
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Mar. 30, 2017 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,445
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Lachapelle, CEO of the Professional Evaluation and Certification Board (PECB), will provide an overview of various initiatives to certifiy the security of connected devices and future trends in ensuring public trust of IoT. Eric Lachapelle is the Chief Executive Officer of the Professional Evaluation and Certification Board (PECB), an international certification body. His role is to help companies and individuals to achieve professional, accredited and worldw...
Mar. 30, 2017 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,116
SYS-CON Events announced today that CA Technologies has been named “Platinum Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CA Technologies helps customers succeed in a future where every business – from apparel to energy – is being rewritten by software. From ...
Mar. 30, 2017 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,522
SYS-CON Events announced today that Auditwerx will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Auditwerx specializes in SOC 1, SOC 2, and SOC 3 attestation services throughout the U.S. and Canada. As a division of Carr, Riggs & Ingram (CRI), one of the top 20 largest CPA firms nationally, you can expect the resources, skills, and experience of a much larger firm combined with the accessibility and attent...
Mar. 30, 2017 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,077
SYS-CON Events announced today that Technologic Systems Inc., an embedded systems solutions company, will exhibit at SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Technologic Systems is an embedded systems company with headquarters in Fountain Hills, Arizona. They have been in business for 32 years, helping more than 8,000 OEM customers and building over a hundred COTS products that have never been discontinued. Technologic Systems’ pr...
Mar. 30, 2017 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 4,047
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing Cloud strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @CloudExpo | @ThingsExpo, June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY and October 31 - November 2, 2017, Santa Clara Convention Center, CA. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is on the right path to Digital Transformation.
Mar. 30, 2017 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 9,060