|By Marketwired .||
|January 13, 2014 12:20 PM EST||
CHICAGO, IL -- (Marketwired) -- 01/13/14 -- Coyne College, a leader in education and training for Heating, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration, Electrical Construction and Maintenance, Electrical Construction and Planning, Pharmacy Technician, Medical Assisting, Medical Billing and Coding, and Physical Therapist Aide, announced today a series of awards recognizing contributions from employers, professional advisers and staff in 2013.
"We had another year of outstanding contributions from our staff, faculty and professional advisers, along with the employers who hired Coyne College students and provided them valuable jobs and externships," said Russell Freeman, President of Coyne College. "Our annual awards are a way of recognizing and thanking the best of the best from the year."
Here is a complete list of award recipients for 2013:
- Employer of the Year - Pactiv Corporation, the world's largest food service packaging company, placed four Coyne College graduates in training-related positions at its various locations. It previously has hired three Coyne College Electrical Construction & Maintenance graduates and one Electrical Construction & Planning graduate. In addition, Pactiv Corporation has attended Coyne College's career fairs for the past several years.
- Externship Partner of the Year - Terrence Lerner, M.D., a General Surgeon at Advocate Masonic Medical Center in Chicago, sponsored six Coyne College Medical Assistant students in 2013 for quality externships that provided on-the-job experience and hired one of the students. Additionally, Dr. Lerner's office manager, Angie Graves, encourages students to apply for open positions she hears about through her wide network of medical professionals, recommends Coyne College graduates for open positions, and calls the college's Career Services department whenever she hears of openings for Medical Assistants.
- Program Advisory Committee (PAC) Member of the Year - Bob Rieck, a Technical Training Manager for Trane, which provides heating and air conditioning systems, services and solutions, has been a contributing PAC member since 2012. PAC is a group of industry professionals, practitioners, affiliated partners, and other interested parties who meet with Coyne faculty and administrators to chart improvements in the college's training programs. Mr. Rieck provides Coyne College with valuable suggestions and feedback about its HVAC programs. He has also recruited at Coyne College's career fairs, hired four graduates, and participated in the college's Guest Speaker series.
- Employee of the Year - Angela Harris, who was hired as a Resource Center Aide in 2010, has created a customer service-centric atmosphere in the Coyne College Resource Center. She also has designed many of the fliers, publications and displays around the campus. Ms. Harris has perfect attendance, takes on new responsibilities, and is consistently engaged in making improvements.
- Instructor of the Year - Virginia Hanson teaches General Education and Essential Workplace Skills classes for Coyne College's medical and construction trade programs. She started teaching at Coyne College in January 2010. During that time, Ms. Hanson has assisted students in pursuing scholarship opportunities, instituted Teaching Fraction Friday math workshops, and spearheaded the recent partnership between the Coyne American Institute Educational Foundation and Dress for Success, a non-profit organization that provides suits to women for their job interviews.
Coyne College has been honoring employers, externship partners and PAC members since 2008. Previous award recipients include the Chicago Transit Authority; Four Seasons Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing; PolyScience; Professional Eye Center; Rush University Medical Center; Scheck & Siress; Taylor Medical; and Walgreens.
About Coyne College
Coyne College has more than 110 years of experience in educating and preparing students for brighter futures through hands-on, dedicated career training. Located on two campuses in downtown Chicago, Coyne offers individualized instruction, flexible class schedules and large, furnished labs. Coyne offers diploma and associate degree programs in a variety of fields including Heating, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration, Electrical/Electronics, and HealthCare. To learn more, visit www.coynecollege.edu or call (800)707-1922.
The IoT is changing the way enterprises conduct business. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how businesses can gain an edge over competitors by empowering consumers to take control through IoT. He cited examples such as a Washington, D.C.-based sports club that leveraged IoT and the cloud to develop a comprehensive booking system. He also highlighted how IoT can revitalize and restore outdated business models, making them profitable ...
Dec. 6, 2016 12:30 AM EST Reads: 4,562
When it comes to cloud computing, the ability to turn massive amounts of compute cores on and off on demand sounds attractive to IT staff, who need to manage peaks and valleys in user activity. With cloud bursting, the majority of the data can stay on premises while tapping into compute from public cloud providers, reducing risk and minimizing need to move large files. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Scott Jeschonek, Director of Product Management at Avere Systems, discussed the IT and busin...
Dec. 6, 2016 12:30 AM EST Reads: 3,850
According to Forrester Research, every business will become either a digital predator or digital prey by 2020. To avoid demise, organizations must rapidly create new sources of value in their end-to-end customer experiences. True digital predators also must break down information and process silos and extend digital transformation initiatives to empower employees with the digital resources needed to win, serve, and retain customers.
Dec. 6, 2016 12:30 AM EST Reads: 1,187
In his general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, discussed how Dice leverages data insights and tools to help both tech professionals and recruiters better understand how skills relate to each other and which skills are in high demand using interactive visualizations and salary indicator tools to maximize earning potential. Manish Dixit is VP of Product and Engineering at Dice. As the leader of the Product, Engineering and Data Sciences team at D...
Dec. 6, 2016 12:00 AM EST Reads: 846
SaaS companies can greatly expand revenue potential by pushing beyond their own borders. The challenge is how to do this without degrading service quality. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Adam Rogers, Managing Director at Anexia, discussed how IaaS providers with a global presence and both virtual and dedicated infrastructure can help companies expand their service footprint with low “go-to-market” costs.
Dec. 5, 2016 11:45 PM EST Reads: 4,281
Get deep visibility into the performance of your databases and expert advice for performance optimization and tuning. You can't get application performance without database performance. Give everyone on the team a comprehensive view of how every aspect of the system affects performance across SQL database operations, host server and OS, virtualization resources and storage I/O. Quickly find bottlenecks and troubleshoot complex problems.
Dec. 5, 2016 10:45 PM EST Reads: 2,069
"Once customers get a year into their IoT deployments, they start to realize that they may have been shortsighted in the ways they built out their deployment and the key thing I see a lot of people looking at is - how can I take equipment data, pull it back in an IoT solution and show it in a dashboard," stated Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 5, 2016 10:30 PM EST Reads: 1,049
"We are the public cloud providers. We are currently providing 50% of the resources they need for doing e-commerce business in China and we are hosting about 60% of mobile gaming in China," explained Yi Zheng, CPO and VP of Engineering at CDS Global Cloud, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 5, 2016 10:30 PM EST Reads: 971
Predictive analytics tools monitor, report, and troubleshoot in order to make proactive decisions about the health, performance, and utilization of storage. Most enterprises combine cloud and on-premise storage, resulting in blended environments of physical, virtual, cloud, and other platforms, which justifies more sophisticated storage analytics. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Peter McCallum, Vice President of Datacenter Solutions at FalconStor, discussed using predictive analytics to mon...
Dec. 5, 2016 09:00 PM EST Reads: 4,952
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform and how we integrate our thinking to solve complicated problems. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, demonstrated how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and sh...
Dec. 5, 2016 08:45 PM EST Reads: 490
Today we can collect lots and lots of performance data. We build beautiful dashboards and even have fancy query languages to access and transform the data. Still performance data is a secret language only a couple of people understand. The more business becomes digital the more stakeholders are interested in this data including how it relates to business. Some of these people have never used a monitoring tool before. They have a question on their mind like “How is my application doing” but no id...
Dec. 5, 2016 07:45 PM EST Reads: 2,223
@GonzalezCarmen has been ranked the Number One Influencer and @ThingsExpo has been named the Number One Brand in the “M2M 2016: Top 100 Influencers and Brands” by Onalytica. Onalytica analyzed tweets over the last 6 months mentioning the keywords M2M OR “Machine to Machine.” They then identified the top 100 most influential brands and individuals leading the discussion on Twitter.
Dec. 5, 2016 07:45 PM EST Reads: 2,085
IoT is rapidly changing the way enterprises are using data to improve business decision-making. In order to derive business value, organizations must unlock insights from the data gathered and then act on these. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, and Peter Shashkin, Head of Development Department at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how one organization leveraged IoT, cloud technology and data analysis to improve customer experiences and effici...
Dec. 5, 2016 07:15 PM EST Reads: 5,050
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Dec. 5, 2016 07:15 PM EST Reads: 386
In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Claude Remillard, Principal Program Manager in Developer Division at Microsoft, contrasted how his team used config as code and immutable patterns for continuous delivery of microservices and apps to the cloud. He showed how the immutable patterns helps developers do away with most of the complexity of config as code-enabling scenarios such as rollback, zero downtime upgrades with far greater simplicity. He also demoed building immutable pipelines in the cloud ...
Dec. 5, 2016 07:00 PM EST Reads: 1,816