|By Marketwired .||
|January 13, 2014 12:20 PM EST||
CHICAGO, IL -- (Marketwired) -- 01/13/14 -- Coyne College, a leader in education and training for Heating, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration, Electrical Construction and Maintenance, Electrical Construction and Planning, Pharmacy Technician, Medical Assisting, Medical Billing and Coding, and Physical Therapist Aide, announced today a series of awards recognizing contributions from employers, professional advisers and staff in 2013.
"We had another year of outstanding contributions from our staff, faculty and professional advisers, along with the employers who hired Coyne College students and provided them valuable jobs and externships," said Russell Freeman, President of Coyne College. "Our annual awards are a way of recognizing and thanking the best of the best from the year."
Here is a complete list of award recipients for 2013:
- Employer of the Year - Pactiv Corporation, the world's largest food service packaging company, placed four Coyne College graduates in training-related positions at its various locations. It previously has hired three Coyne College Electrical Construction & Maintenance graduates and one Electrical Construction & Planning graduate. In addition, Pactiv Corporation has attended Coyne College's career fairs for the past several years.
- Externship Partner of the Year - Terrence Lerner, M.D., a General Surgeon at Advocate Masonic Medical Center in Chicago, sponsored six Coyne College Medical Assistant students in 2013 for quality externships that provided on-the-job experience and hired one of the students. Additionally, Dr. Lerner's office manager, Angie Graves, encourages students to apply for open positions she hears about through her wide network of medical professionals, recommends Coyne College graduates for open positions, and calls the college's Career Services department whenever she hears of openings for Medical Assistants.
- Program Advisory Committee (PAC) Member of the Year - Bob Rieck, a Technical Training Manager for Trane, which provides heating and air conditioning systems, services and solutions, has been a contributing PAC member since 2012. PAC is a group of industry professionals, practitioners, affiliated partners, and other interested parties who meet with Coyne faculty and administrators to chart improvements in the college's training programs. Mr. Rieck provides Coyne College with valuable suggestions and feedback about its HVAC programs. He has also recruited at Coyne College's career fairs, hired four graduates, and participated in the college's Guest Speaker series.
- Employee of the Year - Angela Harris, who was hired as a Resource Center Aide in 2010, has created a customer service-centric atmosphere in the Coyne College Resource Center. She also has designed many of the fliers, publications and displays around the campus. Ms. Harris has perfect attendance, takes on new responsibilities, and is consistently engaged in making improvements.
- Instructor of the Year - Virginia Hanson teaches General Education and Essential Workplace Skills classes for Coyne College's medical and construction trade programs. She started teaching at Coyne College in January 2010. During that time, Ms. Hanson has assisted students in pursuing scholarship opportunities, instituted Teaching Fraction Friday math workshops, and spearheaded the recent partnership between the Coyne American Institute Educational Foundation and Dress for Success, a non-profit organization that provides suits to women for their job interviews.
Coyne College has been honoring employers, externship partners and PAC members since 2008. Previous award recipients include the Chicago Transit Authority; Four Seasons Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing; PolyScience; Professional Eye Center; Rush University Medical Center; Scheck & Siress; Taylor Medical; and Walgreens.
About Coyne College
Coyne College has more than 110 years of experience in educating and preparing students for brighter futures through hands-on, dedicated career training. Located on two campuses in downtown Chicago, Coyne offers individualized instruction, flexible class schedules and large, furnished labs. Coyne offers diploma and associate degree programs in a variety of fields including Heating, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration, Electrical/Electronics, and HealthCare. To learn more, visit www.coynecollege.edu or call (800)707-1922.
The cloud competition for database hosts is fierce. How do you evaluate a cloud provider for your database platform? In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Chris Presley, a Solutions Architect at Pythian, will give users a checklist of considerations when choosing a provider. Chris Presley is a Solutions Architect at Pythian. He loves order – making him a premier Microsoft SQL Server expert. Not only has he programmed and administered SQL Server, but he has also shared his expertise and passion w...
Feb. 13, 2016 10:30 AM EST
Join us at Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo 2016 – June 7-9 at the Javits Center in New York City and November 1-3 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – and deliver your unique message in a way that is striking and unforgettable by taking advantage of SYS-CON's unmatched high-impact, result-driven event / media packages.
Feb. 13, 2016 10:00 AM EST
As enterprises work to take advantage of Big Data technologies, they frequently become distracted by product-level decisions. In most new Big Data builds this approach is completely counter-productive: it presupposes tools that may not be a fit for development teams, forces IT to take on the burden of evaluating and maintaining unfamiliar technology, and represents a major up-front expense. In his session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Andrew Warfield, CTO and Co-Founder of Coho Data, will dis...
Feb. 13, 2016 09:45 AM EST Reads: 227
SYS-CON Events announced today that (ISC)²® (“ISC-squared”) will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Two leading non-profits focused on cloud and information security, (ISC)² and Cloud Security Alliance (CSA), developed the Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) certification to address the increased demand for cloud security expertise due to rapid growth in cloud. Recently named “The Next...
Feb. 13, 2016 09:30 AM EST
The Art of DevOps provides a fun overview to help teams understand DevOps. Written in the style of the famous 6th century Chinese manuscript “The Art of War,” this eBook describes DevOps in the form of a mission to continuously deliver assets to the operational battlegrounds safely, securely, and quickly. It’s a fun read with valuable insights.
Feb. 13, 2016 09:30 AM EST
Advances in technology and ubiquitous connectivity have made the utilization of a dispersed workforce more common. Whether that remote team is located across the street or country, management styles/ approaches will have to be adjusted to accommodate this new dynamic. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Sagi Brody, Chief Technology Officer at Webair Internet Development Inc., focused on the challenges of managing remote teams, providing real-world examples that demonstrate what works and what do...
Feb. 13, 2016 09:00 AM EST Reads: 340
As someone who has been dedicated to automation and Application Release Automation (ARA) technology for almost six years now, one of the most common questions I get asked regards Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS). Specifically, people want to know whether release automation is still needed when a PaaS is in place, and why. Isn't that what a PaaS provides? A solution to the deployment and runtime challenges of an application? Why would anyone using a PaaS then need an automation engine with workflow ...
Feb. 13, 2016 09:00 AM EST Reads: 243
Recognizing the need to identify and validate information security professionals’ competency in securing cloud services, the two leading membership organizations focused on cloud and information security, the Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) and (ISC)^2, joined together to develop an international cloud security credential that reflects the most current and comprehensive best practices for securing and optimizing cloud computing environments.
Feb. 13, 2016 08:00 AM EST
DevOps is not just last year’s buzzword. Companies with DevOps practices are 2.5x more likely to exceed profitability, market share, and productivity goals. But how do you enable high performance? What can you do right now to start? Find out from DevOps experts including Gene Kim, co-author of "The Phoenix Project," and the Dynatrace Center of Excellence.
Feb. 13, 2016 07:30 AM EST
Predictive analytics tools monitor, report, and troubleshoot in order to make proactive decisions about the health, performance, and utilization of storage. Most enterprises combine cloud and on-premise storage, resulting in blended environments of physical, virtual, cloud, and other platforms, which justifies more sophisticated storage analytics. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Peter McCallum, Vice President of Datacenter Solutions at FalconStor, will discuss using predictive analytics to ...
Feb. 13, 2016 06:45 AM EST Reads: 419
Silver Spring Networks, Inc. (NYSE: SSNI) extended its Internet of Things technology platform with performance enhancements to Gen5 – its fifth generation critical infrastructure networking platform. Already delivering nearly 23 million devices on five continents as one of the leading networking providers in the market, Silver Spring announced it is doubling the maximum speed of its Gen5 network to up to 2.4 Mbps, increasing computational performance by 10x, supporting simultaneous mesh communic...
Feb. 13, 2016 05:00 AM EST
Eighty percent of a data scientist’s time is spent gathering and cleaning up data, and 80% of all data is unstructured and almost never analyzed. Cognitive computing, in combination with Big Data, is changing the equation by creating data reservoirs and using natural language processing to enable analysis of unstructured data sources. This is impacting every aspect of the analytics profession from how data is mined (and by whom) to how it is delivered. This is not some futuristic vision: it's ha...
Feb. 13, 2016 04:45 AM EST Reads: 467
The cloud promises new levels of agility and cost-savings for Big Data, data warehousing and analytics. But it’s challenging to understand all the options – from IaaS and PaaS to newer services like HaaS (Hadoop as a Service) and BDaaS (Big Data as a Service). In her session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Hannah Smalltree, a director at Cazena, will provide an educational overview of emerging “as-a-service” options for Big Data in the cloud. This is critical background for IT and data profes...
Feb. 13, 2016 03:45 AM EST Reads: 247
Father business cycles and digital consumers are forcing enterprises to respond faster to customer needs and competitive demands. Successful integration of DevOps and Agile development will be key for business success in today’s digital economy. In his session at DevOps Summit, Pradeep Prabhu, Co-Founder & CEO of Cloudmunch, covered the critical practices that enterprises should consider to seamlessly integrate Agile and DevOps processes, barriers to implementing this in the enterprise, and pr...
Feb. 13, 2016 03:00 AM EST Reads: 468
The principles behind DevOps are not new - for decades people have been automating system administration and decreasing the time to deploy apps and perform other management tasks. However, only recently did we see the tools and the will necessary to share the benefits and power of automation with a wider circle of people. In his session at DevOps Summit, Bernard Sanders, Chief Technology Officer at CloudBolt Software, explored the latest tools including Puppet, Chef, Docker, and CMPs needed to...
Feb. 13, 2016 02:30 AM EST Reads: 371