|By Marketwired .||
|January 13, 2014 12:20 PM EST||
CHICAGO, IL -- (Marketwired) -- 01/13/14 -- Coyne College, a leader in education and training for Heating, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration, Electrical Construction and Maintenance, Electrical Construction and Planning, Pharmacy Technician, Medical Assisting, Medical Billing and Coding, and Physical Therapist Aide, announced today a series of awards recognizing contributions from employers, professional advisers and staff in 2013.
"We had another year of outstanding contributions from our staff, faculty and professional advisers, along with the employers who hired Coyne College students and provided them valuable jobs and externships," said Russell Freeman, President of Coyne College. "Our annual awards are a way of recognizing and thanking the best of the best from the year."
Here is a complete list of award recipients for 2013:
- Employer of the Year - Pactiv Corporation, the world's largest food service packaging company, placed four Coyne College graduates in training-related positions at its various locations. It previously has hired three Coyne College Electrical Construction & Maintenance graduates and one Electrical Construction & Planning graduate. In addition, Pactiv Corporation has attended Coyne College's career fairs for the past several years.
- Externship Partner of the Year - Terrence Lerner, M.D., a General Surgeon at Advocate Masonic Medical Center in Chicago, sponsored six Coyne College Medical Assistant students in 2013 for quality externships that provided on-the-job experience and hired one of the students. Additionally, Dr. Lerner's office manager, Angie Graves, encourages students to apply for open positions she hears about through her wide network of medical professionals, recommends Coyne College graduates for open positions, and calls the college's Career Services department whenever she hears of openings for Medical Assistants.
- Program Advisory Committee (PAC) Member of the Year - Bob Rieck, a Technical Training Manager for Trane, which provides heating and air conditioning systems, services and solutions, has been a contributing PAC member since 2012. PAC is a group of industry professionals, practitioners, affiliated partners, and other interested parties who meet with Coyne faculty and administrators to chart improvements in the college's training programs. Mr. Rieck provides Coyne College with valuable suggestions and feedback about its HVAC programs. He has also recruited at Coyne College's career fairs, hired four graduates, and participated in the college's Guest Speaker series.
- Employee of the Year - Angela Harris, who was hired as a Resource Center Aide in 2010, has created a customer service-centric atmosphere in the Coyne College Resource Center. She also has designed many of the fliers, publications and displays around the campus. Ms. Harris has perfect attendance, takes on new responsibilities, and is consistently engaged in making improvements.
- Instructor of the Year - Virginia Hanson teaches General Education and Essential Workplace Skills classes for Coyne College's medical and construction trade programs. She started teaching at Coyne College in January 2010. During that time, Ms. Hanson has assisted students in pursuing scholarship opportunities, instituted Teaching Fraction Friday math workshops, and spearheaded the recent partnership between the Coyne American Institute Educational Foundation and Dress for Success, a non-profit organization that provides suits to women for their job interviews.
Coyne College has been honoring employers, externship partners and PAC members since 2008. Previous award recipients include the Chicago Transit Authority; Four Seasons Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing; PolyScience; Professional Eye Center; Rush University Medical Center; Scheck & Siress; Taylor Medical; and Walgreens.
About Coyne College
Coyne College has more than 110 years of experience in educating and preparing students for brighter futures through hands-on, dedicated career training. Located on two campuses in downtown Chicago, Coyne offers individualized instruction, flexible class schedules and large, furnished labs. Coyne offers diploma and associate degree programs in a variety of fields including Heating, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration, Electrical/Electronics, and HealthCare. To learn more, visit www.coynecollege.edu or call (800)707-1922.
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 7-9, 2016 at Javits Center, New York City and Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 18th International @CloudExpo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Nov. 26, 2015 03:30 PM EST Reads: 513
The cloud. Like a comic book superhero, there seems to be no problem it can’t fix or cost it can’t slash. Yet making the transition is not always easy and production environments are still largely on premise. Taking some practical and sensible steps to reduce risk can also help provide a basis for a successful cloud transition. A plethora of surveys from the likes of IDG and Gartner show that more than 70 percent of enterprises have deployed at least one or more cloud application or workload. Y...
Nov. 26, 2015 03:30 PM EST Reads: 430
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York and Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty ...
Nov. 26, 2015 03:15 PM EST Reads: 506
We are rapidly moving to a brave new world of interconnected smart homes, cars, offices and factories known as the Internet of Things (IoT). Sensors and monitoring devices will touch every part of our lives. Let's take a closer look at the Internet of Things. The Internet of Things is a worldwide network of objects and devices connected to the Internet. They are electronics, sensors, software and more. These objects connect to the Internet and can be controlled remotely via apps and programs. ...
Nov. 26, 2015 02:15 PM EST Reads: 494
Today air travel is a minefield of delays, hassles and customer disappointment. Airlines struggle to revitalize the experience. GE and M2Mi will demonstrate practical examples of how IoT solutions are helping airlines bring back personalization, reduce trip time and improve reliability. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Dr. Sarah Cooper, M2Mi’s VP Business Development and Engineering, explored the IoT cloud-based platform technologies driving t...
Nov. 26, 2015 01:00 PM EST Reads: 385
SYS-CON Events announced today that Alert Logic, Inc., the leading provider of Security-as-a-Service solutions for the cloud, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Alert Logic, Inc., provides Security-as-a-Service for on-premises, cloud, and hybrid infrastructures, delivering deep security insight and continuous protection for customers at a lower cost than traditional security solutions. Ful...
Nov. 26, 2015 01:00 PM EST Reads: 285
We all know that data growth is exploding and storage budgets are shrinking. Instead of showing you charts on about how much data there is, in his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Scott Cleland, Senior Director of Product Marketing at HGST, showed how to capture all of your data in one place. After you have your data under control, you can then analyze it in one place, saving time and resources.
Nov. 26, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 144
As organizations shift towards IT-as-a-service models, the need for managing & protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and now cloud environments grows with it. CommVault can ensure protection & E-Discovery of your data - whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud, or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enterprise.
Nov. 26, 2015 11:30 AM EST Reads: 114
In recent years, at least 40% of companies using cloud applications have experienced data loss. One of the best prevention against cloud data loss is backing up your cloud data. In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Sam McIntyre, Partner Enablement Specialist at eFolder, presented how organizations can use eFolder Cloudfinder to automate backups of cloud application data. He also demonstrated how easy it is to search and restore cloud application data using Cloudfinder.
Nov. 26, 2015 11:00 AM EST Reads: 117
The Internet of Things (IoT) is growing rapidly by extending current technologies, products and networks. By 2020, Cisco estimates there will be 50 billion connected devices. Gartner has forecast revenues of over $300 billion, just to IoT suppliers. Now is the time to figure out how you’ll make money – not just create innovative products. With hundreds of new products and companies jumping into the IoT fray every month, there’s no shortage of innovation. Despite this, McKinsey/VisionMobile data...
Nov. 26, 2015 11:00 AM EST Reads: 441
Just over a week ago I received a long and loud sustained applause for a presentation I delivered at this year’s Cloud Expo in Santa Clara. I was extremely pleased with the turnout and had some very good conversations with many of the attendees. Over the next few days I had many more meaningful conversations and was not only happy with the results but also learned a few new things. Here is everything I learned in those three days distilled into three short points.
Nov. 26, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 283
DevOps is about increasing efficiency, but nothing is more inefficient than building the same application twice. However, this is a routine occurrence with enterprise applications that need both a rich desktop web interface and strong mobile support. With recent technological advances from Isomorphic Software and others, rich desktop and tuned mobile experiences can now be created with a single codebase – without compromising functionality, performance or usability. In his session at DevOps Su...
Nov. 26, 2015 09:45 AM EST Reads: 363
As organizations realize the scope of the Internet of Things, gaining key insights from Big Data, through the use of advanced analytics, becomes crucial. However, IoT also creates the need for petabyte scale storage of data from millions of devices. A new type of Storage is required which seamlessly integrates robust data analytics with massive scale. These storage systems will act as “smart systems” provide in-place analytics that speed discovery and enable businesses to quickly derive meaningf...
Nov. 26, 2015 09:30 AM EST Reads: 371
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Nov. 26, 2015 09:00 AM EST Reads: 474
In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bruce Swann, Senior Product Marketing Manager for Adobe Campaign, explored the key ingredients of cross-channel marketing in a digital world. Learn how the Adobe Marketing Cloud can help marketers embrace opportunities for personalized, relevant and real-time customer engagement across offline (direct mail, point of sale, call center) and digital (email, website, SMS, mobile apps, social networks, connected objects).
Nov. 26, 2015 08:45 AM EST Reads: 264