|By Marketwired .||
|January 13, 2014 12:20 PM EST||
CHICAGO, IL -- (Marketwired) -- 01/13/14 -- Coyne College, a leader in education and training for Heating, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration, Electrical Construction and Maintenance, Electrical Construction and Planning, Pharmacy Technician, Medical Assisting, Medical Billing and Coding, and Physical Therapist Aide, announced today a series of awards recognizing contributions from employers, professional advisers and staff in 2013.
"We had another year of outstanding contributions from our staff, faculty and professional advisers, along with the employers who hired Coyne College students and provided them valuable jobs and externships," said Russell Freeman, President of Coyne College. "Our annual awards are a way of recognizing and thanking the best of the best from the year."
Here is a complete list of award recipients for 2013:
- Employer of the Year - Pactiv Corporation, the world's largest food service packaging company, placed four Coyne College graduates in training-related positions at its various locations. It previously has hired three Coyne College Electrical Construction & Maintenance graduates and one Electrical Construction & Planning graduate. In addition, Pactiv Corporation has attended Coyne College's career fairs for the past several years.
- Externship Partner of the Year - Terrence Lerner, M.D., a General Surgeon at Advocate Masonic Medical Center in Chicago, sponsored six Coyne College Medical Assistant students in 2013 for quality externships that provided on-the-job experience and hired one of the students. Additionally, Dr. Lerner's office manager, Angie Graves, encourages students to apply for open positions she hears about through her wide network of medical professionals, recommends Coyne College graduates for open positions, and calls the college's Career Services department whenever she hears of openings for Medical Assistants.
- Program Advisory Committee (PAC) Member of the Year - Bob Rieck, a Technical Training Manager for Trane, which provides heating and air conditioning systems, services and solutions, has been a contributing PAC member since 2012. PAC is a group of industry professionals, practitioners, affiliated partners, and other interested parties who meet with Coyne faculty and administrators to chart improvements in the college's training programs. Mr. Rieck provides Coyne College with valuable suggestions and feedback about its HVAC programs. He has also recruited at Coyne College's career fairs, hired four graduates, and participated in the college's Guest Speaker series.
- Employee of the Year - Angela Harris, who was hired as a Resource Center Aide in 2010, has created a customer service-centric atmosphere in the Coyne College Resource Center. She also has designed many of the fliers, publications and displays around the campus. Ms. Harris has perfect attendance, takes on new responsibilities, and is consistently engaged in making improvements.
- Instructor of the Year - Virginia Hanson teaches General Education and Essential Workplace Skills classes for Coyne College's medical and construction trade programs. She started teaching at Coyne College in January 2010. During that time, Ms. Hanson has assisted students in pursuing scholarship opportunities, instituted Teaching Fraction Friday math workshops, and spearheaded the recent partnership between the Coyne American Institute Educational Foundation and Dress for Success, a non-profit organization that provides suits to women for their job interviews.
Coyne College has been honoring employers, externship partners and PAC members since 2008. Previous award recipients include the Chicago Transit Authority; Four Seasons Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing; PolyScience; Professional Eye Center; Rush University Medical Center; Scheck & Siress; Taylor Medical; and Walgreens.
About Coyne College
Coyne College has more than 110 years of experience in educating and preparing students for brighter futures through hands-on, dedicated career training. Located on two campuses in downtown Chicago, Coyne offers individualized instruction, flexible class schedules and large, furnished labs. Coyne offers diploma and associate degree programs in a variety of fields including Heating, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration, Electrical/Electronics, and HealthCare. To learn more, visit www.coynecollege.edu or call (800)707-1922.
See storage differently! Storage performance problems have only gotten worse and harder to solve as applications have become largely virtualized and moved to a cloud-based infrastructure. Storage performance in a virtualized environment is not just about IOPS, it is about how well that potential performance is guaranteed to individual VMs for these apps as the number of VMs keep going up real time. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Dhiraj Sehgal, in product and marketing at Tintri, will discu...
May. 2, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 815
SYS-CON Events announced today that DatacenterDynamics has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. DatacenterDynamics is a brand of DCD Group, a global B2B media and publishing company that develops products to help senior professionals in the world's most ICT dependent organizations make risk-based infrastructure and capacity decisions.
May. 2, 2016 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,509
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, will provide tips on how to be successful in large scale machine lear...
May. 2, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,272
Between the mockups and specs produced by analysts, and resulting applications built by developers, there exists a gulf where projects fail, costs spiral, and applications disappoint. Methodologies like Agile attempt to address this with intensified communication, with partial success but many limitations. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Charles Kendrick, CTO & Chief Architect at Isomorphic Software, will present a revolutionary model enabled by new technologies. Learn how business and devel...
May. 2, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,754
The IoT has the potential to create a renaissance of manufacturing in the US and elsewhere. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Florent Solt, CTO and chief architect of Netvibes, will discuss how the expected exponential increase in the amount of data that will be processed, transported, stored, and accessed means there will be a huge demand for smart technologies to deliver it. Florent Solt is the CTO and chief architect of Netvibes. Prior to joining Netvibes in 2007, he co-founded Rift Technol...
May. 1, 2016 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,593
If there is anything we have learned by now, is that every business paves their own unique path for releasing software- every pipeline, implementation and practices are a bit different, and DevOps comes in all shapes and sizes. Software delivery practices are often comprised of set of several complementing (or even competing) methodologies – such as leveraging Agile, DevOps and even a mix of ITIL, to create the combination that’s most suitable for your organization and that maximize your busines...
May. 1, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,846
The increasing popularity of the Internet of Things necessitates that our physical and cognitive relationship with wearable technology will change rapidly in the near future. This advent means logging has become a thing of the past. Before, it was on us to track our own data, but now that data is automatically available. What does this mean for mHealth and the "connected" body? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Lisa Calkins, CEO and co-founder of Amadeus Consulting, will discuss the impact of wea...
May. 1, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 765
SYS-CON Events announced today that Peak 10, Inc., a national IT infrastructure and cloud services provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Peak 10 provides reliable, tailored data center and network services, cloud and managed services. Its solutions are designed to scale and adapt to customers’ changing business needs, enabling them to lower costs, improve performance and focus inter...
May. 1, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,169
We’ve worked with dozens of early adopters across numerous industries and will debunk common misperceptions, which starts with understanding that many of the connected products we’ll use over the next 5 years are already products, they’re just not yet connected. With an IoT product, time-in-market provides much more essential feedback than ever before. Innovation comes from what you do with the data that the connected product provides in order to enhance the customer experience and optimize busi...
May. 1, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,036
Up until last year, enterprises that were looking into cloud services usually undertook a long-term pilot with one of the large cloud providers, running test and dev workloads in the cloud. With cloud’s transition to mainstream adoption in 2015, and with enterprises migrating more and more workloads into the cloud and in between public and private environments, the single-provider approach must be revisited. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Yoav Mor, multi-cloud solution evangelist at Cloudy...
May. 1, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,484
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Klein, CEO and Co-founder of Rachio, will discuss next generation communities that are using IoT to create more sustainable, intelligent communities. One example is Sterling Ranch, a 10,000 home development that – with the help of Siemens – will integrate IoT technology into the community to provide residents with energy and water savings as well as intelligent security. Everything from stop lights to sprinkler systems to building infrastructures will run ef...
May. 1, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 958
SYS-CON Events announced today that Enzu, a leading provider of cloud hosting solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Enzu’s mission is to be the leading provider of enterprise cloud solutions worldwide. Enzu enables online businesses to use its IT infrastructure to their competitive advantage. By offering a suite of proven hosting and management services, Enzu wants companies to foc...
May. 1, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,044
SYS-CON Events announced today that Stratoscale, the software company developing the next generation data center operating system, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Stratoscale is revolutionizing the data center with a zero-to-cloud-in-minutes solution. With Stratoscale’s hardware-agnostic, Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) solution to store everything, run anything and scale everywhere...
May. 1, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,582
Digital payments using wearable devices such as smart watches, fitness trackers, and payment wristbands are an increasing area of focus for industry participants, and consumer acceptance from early trials and deployments has encouraged some of the biggest names in technology and banking to continue their push to drive growth in this nascent market. Wearable payment systems may utilize near field communication (NFC), radio frequency identification (RFID), or quick response (QR) codes and barcodes...
May. 1, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 824