|By PR Newswire||
|January 13, 2014 05:28 PM EST||
WASHINGTON, Jan. 13, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- National League of Cities President Chris Coleman, mayor, Saint Paul, Minn. today announced his 2014 leadership team for the organization's policy committees and advisory councils. All chairs and vice chairs are appointed by Mayor Coleman to serve a one-year term on NLC's Policy and Advocacy Committees, Member Networking Councils and other NLC advisory groups.
"I look forward to working with all of the 2014 committee and council leaders. They bring a wealth of experience advocating for communities across the country and will provide vital leadership to NLC's activities on behalf of cities in the coming year," said NLC President Chris Coleman.
"This is a critical time for cities. Cities are America's centers of innovation, driving economic growth and solving problems at a local level even as Washington remains in gridlock. As we recover from the recession, I look forward to working with NLC's committee and council leaders for direction on how cities can continue to lead and help make America strong," added Coleman.
2014 NLC Committee/Councils Leadership Appointments
Community and Economic Development Policy and Advocacy Committee
- Chair – Lavonta Williams, councilmember, Wichita, Kan.
- Vice Chair – Mike Wojcik, councilmember, Rochester, Minn.
- Vice Chair – Craig Thurmond, mayor, Broken Arrow, Okla.
Energy, Environment and Natural Resources Policy and Advocacy Committee
- Chair – Bill Peloza, councilmember, Auburn, Wash.
- Vice Chair – Cindy Lerner, mayor, Pinecrest, Fla.
- Vice Chair – Cindy Circo, councilmember, Kansas City, Mo.
Finance, Administration and Intergovernmental Relations Policy and Advocacy Committee
- Chair – Sarah Levison, councilmember, Longmont, Colo.
- Vice Chair – Cynthia Mangini, councilmember, Enfield, Conn.
- Vice Chair – Andy Hafen, mayor, Henderson, Nev.
Human Development Policy and Advocacy Committee
- Chair – Vicki Welch, councilmember, Louisville, Ky.
- Vice Chair – Mia Gregerson, deputy mayor, Seatac, Wash.
- Vice Chair – Angelia Williams, councilmember, Norfolk, Va.
Information Technology and Communications Policy and Advocacy Committee
- Chair – Beth Humenik, councilmember, Thornton, Colo.
- Vice Chair – Jeffrey Quibell, councilmember, Blue Springs, Mo.
- Vice Chair – Phil Goldstein, councilmember, Marietta, Ga.
Public Safety and Crime Prevention Policy and Advocacy Committee
- Chair – Scott Somers, vice mayor, Mesa, Ariz.
- Vice Chair – Karen Freeman-Wilson, mayor, Gary, Ind.
- Vice Chair – Scott Maddox, commissioner, Tallahassee, Fla.
Transportation and Infrastructure Services Policy and Advocacy Committee
- Chair – Patsy Kinsey, councilmember, Charlotte, N.C.
- Vice Chair – Robert Bauman, alderman, Milwaukee, Wisc.
- Vice Chair – Mary McComber, mayor, Oak Park Heights, Minn.
Large Cities Council
- Chair – Jim Davis, councilmember, Sunnyvale, Calif.
- Vice Chair – Karen Johnson, councilmember, Nashville, Tenn.
- Vice Chair – Latasha Thomas, alderman, Chicago, Ill.
First Tier Suburbs Council
- Chair – Corey Rushton, councilmember, West Valley City, Utah
- Vice Chair – Stan Koci, councilmember, Bedford, Ohio
- Vice Chair – Gary Sherwood, councilmember, Glendale, Ariz.
Small Cities Council
- Chair – Stuart Gillaspie, mayor pro tem, Burleson, Texas
- Vice Chair – Joe Shumway, councilmember, Laramie, Wyo.
Universities Communities Council
- Chair – Peter Haga, government relations, Grand Forks, N.D.
- Vice Chair – Amy Marie Vizzo-Paniccia, councilmember, Bridgeport, Conn.
- Vice Chair – Alice Rodriguez, councilmember, Waco, Texas
- Chair – Sheri Lauritano, councilmember, Goodyear, Ariz.
- Vice Chair – Don Rosen, commissioner, Sunrise, Fla.
- Chair – Darryl Moss, mayor, Creedmoor, N.C.
- Vice Chair – Matt Zone, councilmember, Cleveland, Ohio
- Vice Chair – Mark Mitchell, mayor, Tempe, Ariz.
Council on Youth, Education and Families
- Chair – Karl Nurse, councilmember, St Petersburg, Fla.
- Vice Chair – Kristin Szakos, vice mayor, Charlottesville, Va.
Corporate Partners Leadership Council
- Chair – Alex Hannah, vice president, Marketing Communications and Education, ICMA-RC
- Vice Chair – Laraine Davis, vice president, Community Development, Wells Fargo
Military Communities Council
- Chair – Martha Sue Hall, councilmember, Albemarle, N.C.
- Vice Chair – Arturo Pecos, city commissioner, Kingsville, Texas
- Vice Chair – Ron Garcia, mayor, Brea, Calif.
Legal Advisory Committee
- Chair – Bennett Sandlin, state league director, Texas Municipal League
The National League of Cities (NLC) is dedicated to helping city leaders build better communities. NLC is a resource and advocate for 19,000 cities, towns and villages, representing more than 218 million Americans.
SOURCE National League of Cities
"LinearHub provides smart video conferencing, which is the Roundee service, and we archive all the video conferences and we also provide the transcript," stated Sunghyuk Kim, CEO of LinearHub, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 18, 2017 02:45 PM EST Reads: 1,581
A look across the tech landscape at the disruptive technologies that are increasing in prominence and speculate as to which will be most impactful for communications – namely, AI and Cloud Computing. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Curtis Peterson, VP of Operations at RingCentral, will highlight the current challenges of these transformative technologies and share strategies for preparing your organization for these changes. This “view from the top” will outline the latest trends and developm...
Jan. 18, 2017 02:15 PM EST Reads: 963
Things are changing so quickly in IoT that it would take a wizard to predict which ecosystem will gain the most traction. In order for IoT to reach its potential, smart devices must be able to work together. Today, there are a slew of interoperability standards being promoted by big names to make this happen: HomeKit, Brillo and Alljoyn. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Adam Justice, vice president and general manager of Grid Connect, will review what happens when smart devices don’t work togethe...
Jan. 18, 2017 02:00 PM EST Reads: 346
When you focus on a journey from up-close, you look at your own technical and cultural history and how you changed it for the benefit of the customer. This was our starting point: too many integration issues, 13 SWP days and very long cycles. It was evident that in this fast-paced industry we could no longer afford this reality. We needed something that would take us beyond reducing the development lifecycles, CI and Agile methodologies. We made a fundamental difference, even changed our culture...
Jan. 18, 2017 02:00 PM EST Reads: 911
"There's a growing demand from users for things to be faster. When you think about all the transactions or interactions users will have with your product and everything that is between those transactions and interactions - what drives us at Catchpoint Systems is the idea to measure that and to analyze it," explained Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York Ci...
Jan. 18, 2017 01:00 PM EST Reads: 5,589
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Jan. 18, 2017 01:00 PM EST Reads: 5,095
@DevOpsSummit taking place June 6-8, 2017 at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Jan. 18, 2017 01:00 PM EST Reads: 3,458
In his General Session at 16th Cloud Expo, David Shacochis, host of The Hybrid IT Files podcast and Vice President at CenturyLink, investigated three key trends of the “gigabit economy" though the story of a Fortune 500 communications company in transformation. Narrating how multi-modal hybrid IT, service automation, and agile delivery all intersect, he will cover the role of storytelling and empathy in achieving strategic alignment between the enterprise and its information technology.
Jan. 18, 2017 01:00 PM EST Reads: 4,431
SYS-CON Events announced today that Dataloop.IO, an innovator in cloud IT-monitoring whose products help organizations save time and money, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Dataloop.IO is an emerging software company on the cutting edge of major IT-infrastructure trends including cloud computing and microservices. The company, founded in the UK but now based in San Fran...
Jan. 18, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 2,488
"Avere Systems is a hybrid cloud solution provider. We have customers that want to use cloud storage and we have customers that want to take advantage of cloud compute," explained Rebecca Thompson, VP of Marketing at Avere Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 18, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 6,302
Discover top technologies and tools all under one roof at April 24–28, 2017, at the Westin San Diego in San Diego, CA. Explore the Mobile Dev + Test and IoT Dev + Test Expo and enjoy all of these unique opportunities: The latest solutions, technologies, and tools in mobile or IoT software development and testing. Meet one-on-one with representatives from some of today's most innovative organizations
Jan. 18, 2017 12:15 PM EST Reads: 1,516
SYS-CON Events announced today that Linux Academy, the foremost online Linux and cloud training platform and community, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Linux Academy was founded on the belief that providing high-quality, in-depth training should be available at an affordable price. Industry leaders in quality training, provided services, and student certification passes, its goal is to c...
Jan. 18, 2017 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,934
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Jan. 18, 2017 12:00 PM EST Reads: 4,222
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in Embedded and IoT solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology, is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and E...
Jan. 18, 2017 12:00 PM EST Reads: 5,749
The unique combination of Amazon Web Services and Cloud Raxak, a Gartner Cool Vendor in IT Automation, provides a seamless and cost-effective way of securely moving on-premise IT workloads to Amazon Web Services. Any enterprise can now leverage the cloud, manage risk, and maintain continuous security compliance. Forrester's analysis shows that enterprises need automated security to lower security risk and decrease IT operational costs. Through the seamless integration into Amazon Web Services, ...
Jan. 18, 2017 11:45 AM EST Reads: 1,797