|By PR Newswire||
|January 14, 2014 01:30 AM EST||
SEATTLE, Jan. 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Cell Therapeutics, Inc. (CTI) (NASDAQ and MTA: CTIC) today announced a corporate update for 2014 in addition to an overview of recent progress for its drug portfolio.
"We ended 2013 and have entered 2014 with a series of successes, including a global strategic partnership for pacritinib, positive reimbursement rulings in England/Wales and Germany for PIXUVRI, the reacquisition of rights to PIXUVRI and Opaxio in order to allow us to more efficiently move these programs forward and new positive interim data for tosedostat," said James A. Bianco, M.D. President and CEO of CTI. "We expect to continue that momentum with completion of the first of two Phase 3 clinical trials of pacritinib in myelofibrosis and potential topline data later in the year."
- In November 2013, CTI entered into a worldwide license agreement with Baxter International, Inc. (Baxter) to develop and commercialize pacritinib in which CTI and Baxter will jointly commercialize pacritinib in the United States and Baxter has exclusive commercialization rights for all indications outside the U.S.
- The Phase 3 PERSIST-1 trial evaluating a broad set of myelofibrosis patients without limitations on blood platelet counts is currently enrolling patients. CTI expects to report topline data in the second half of 2014.
- A second Phase 3 trial, PERSIST-2, in myelofibrosis patients with low platelet counts is expected to begin enrollment imminently. In October 2013, CTI reached agreement with the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on a Special Protocol Assessment for this trial. This trial together with PERSIST-1 is intended to support registration in the U.S. and the European Union.
- In December 2013, CTI received positive recommendations for funding and reimbursement from the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) in England/Wales and the National Association of Statutory Health Insurance Funds (GKV-Spitzenverband) in Germany.
- CTI has gained agreement from the European Medicines Agency (EMA) to change the primary endpoint of the Phase 3 PIX-R, or PIX306, post-marketing commitment study of pixantrone-rituximab versus gemcitabine-rituximab for patients with relapsed B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL) from overall survival to progression-free survival. The trial is now expected to enroll 220 patients versus the 350 patients previously planned. This trial is expected to complete enrollment in 2015 and is intended to support the conversion of the conditional approval for PIXUVRI in Europe to full approval and potentially support a registration application in the U.S.
- In January 2014, CTI received notification from the FDA that the partial clinical hold has been removed and all studies underway may continue. Current investigator-sponsored trials are scheduled to resume in the first quarter of 2014.
- In December 2013, researchers presented new positive interim results from the investigator-initiated Phase 2 trial of tosedostat in combination with cytarabine or decitabine in newly diagnosed older patients with acute myeloid leukemia (AML) or high-risk myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) at the 55th American Society of Hematology annual meeting. Results showed a 54 percent complete response rate and 12-month median survival in this first-line setting.
Corporate and Financial
- In January 2014, CTI reached an agreement with Novartis to regain rights to PIXUVRI and Opaxio, providing CTI with the flexibility to manage these assets within the context of its overall product portfolio strategy.
- CTI will provide 2014 financial guidance in its fourth quarter and year-end 2013 results announcement. At this time, we anticipate that the up-front payment and anticipated near-term milestones related to the Baxter collaboration will potentially allow CTI to reach regulatory submissions for pacritinib without requiring additional equity financing to fund such activities.
2014 Corporate Milestones
- Initiate second Phase 3 trial. CTI expects to initiate PERSIST-2 for patients with myelofibrosis who have low platelet counts in early 2014.
- Report topline results. CTI anticipates reporting topline results for PERSIST-1 in the second half of 2014.
- Initiation of investigator-sponsored trials. CTI is evaluating additional indications and expects to support the initiation of investigator-sponsored trials, including in AML, at leading centers in 2014.
- Grow E.U. sales. CTI intends to focus on PIXUVRI for multiply relapsed or refractory aggressive relapsed B-cell NHL and manage expenses to drive to future profitability.
- Seek rest-of-world partner. CTI intends to pursue a partner for commercializing PIXUVRI outside of Western Europe.
- Complete enrollment. CTI expects the GOG-0212 Phase 3 maintenance therapy trial for patients with ovarian cancer to complete enrollment in the first quarter 2014.
About Cell Therapeutics, Inc.
CTI (NASDAQ and MTA: CTIC) is a biopharmaceutical company committed to the development and commercialization of an integrated portfolio of oncology products aimed at making cancer more treatable. CTI is headquartered in Seattle, WA. For additional information and to sign up for email alerts and get RSS feeds, please visit www.CellTherapeutics.com.
This press release includes forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Safe Harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such statements are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties, the outcome of which could materially and/or adversely affect actual future results and the trading price of CTI's securities. Such statements include, but are not limited to, statements regarding CTI's expectations with respect to the development of CTI and its product and product candidate portfolio, and expectations concerning the benefits of the reacquisition of rights to PIXUVRI and Opaxio, the anticipated completion of the first of two Phase 3 clinical trials of pacritinib in myelofibrosis, potential release of topline data for pacritinib later in 2014, enrollment projections and expected outcome of the Phase 3 PIX-R, or PIX306, post-marketing commitment study, liquidity and expense projections, projected initiation of each of PERSIST-2 for patients with myelofibrosis who have low platelet counts in early 2014 and investigator-sponsored trials, including in acute myeloid leukemia (AML), and enrollment projections with respect to the GOG-0212 Phase 3 maintenance therapy trial at leading centers in 2014. Risks that contribute to the uncertain nature of the forward-looking statements include, among others, risks associated with the biopharmaceutical industry in general and with CTI and its product and product candidate portfolio in particular including, among others, risks associated with the following: that CTI cannot predict or guarantee the pace or geography of enrollment of its clinical trials, that CTI cannot predict or guarantee the outcome of preclinical and clinical studies, that CTI may not obtain favorable determinations by other regulatory, patent and administrative governmental authorities, that CTI may experience delays in the commencement of preclinical and clinical studies, risks related to the costs of developing pacritinib and CTI's other product candidates, and other risks, including, without limitation, competitive factors, technological developments, that CTI's operating expenses continue to exceed its net revenues, that CTI may not be able to sustain its current cost controls or further reduce its operating expenses, that CTI may not achieve previously announced goals and objectives as or when projected, that CTI's average net operating burn rate may increase, that CTI will continue to need to raise capital to fund its operating expenses, but may not be able to raise sufficient amounts to fund its continued operation as well as other risks listed or described from time to time in CTI's most recent filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission on Forms 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K. Except as required by law, CTI does not intend to update any of the statements in this press release upon further developments.
SOURCE Cell Therapeutics, Inc.
Identity is in everything and customers are looking to their providers to ensure the security of their identities, transactions and data. With the increased reliance on cloud-based services, service providers must build security and trust into their offerings, adding value to customers and improving the user experience. Making identity, security and privacy easy for customers provides a unique advantage over the competition.
Jul. 30, 2016 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,322
CenturyLink has announced that application server solutions from GENBAND are now available as part of CenturyLink’s Networx contracts. The General Services Administration (GSA)’s Networx program includes the largest telecommunications contract vehicles ever awarded by the federal government. CenturyLink recently secured an extension through spring 2020 of its offerings available to federal government agencies via GSA’s Networx Universal and Enterprise contracts. GENBAND’s EXPERiUS™ Application...
Jul. 30, 2016 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,940
SYS-CON Events announced today that Isomorphic Software will exhibit at DevOps Summit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Isomorphic Software provides the SmartClient HTML5/AJAX platform, the most advanced technology for building rich, cutting-edge enterprise web applications for desktop and mobile. SmartClient combines the productivity and performance of traditional desktop software with the simp...
Jul. 30, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,317
"We've discovered that after shows 80% if leads that people get, 80% of the conversations end up on the show floor, meaning people forget about it, people forget who they talk to, people forget that there are actual business opportunities to be had here so we try to help out and keep the conversations going," explained Jeff Mesnik, Founder and President of ContentMX, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 30, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,494
"When you think about the data center today, there's constant evolution, The evolution of the data center and the needs of the consumer of technology change, and they change constantly," stated Matt Kalmenson, VP of Sales, Service and Cloud Providers at Veeam Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 30, 2016 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,528
Redis is not only the fastest database, but it is the most popular among the new wave of databases running in containers. Redis speeds up just about every data interaction between your users or operational systems. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Dave Nielsen, Developer Advocate, Redis Labs, will share the functions and data structures used to solve everyday use cases that are driving Redis' popularity.
Jul. 30, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,763
I wanted to gather all of my Internet of Things (IOT) blogs into a single blog (that I could later use with my University of San Francisco (USF) Big Data “MBA” course). However as I started to pull these blogs together, I realized that my IOT discussion lacked a vision; it lacked an end point towards which an organization could drive their IOT envisioning, proof of value, app dev, data engineering and data science efforts. And I think that the IOT end point is really quite simple…
Jul. 30, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,318
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Jul. 30, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,775
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Jul. 30, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,307
"My role is working with customers, helping them go through this digital transformation. I spend a lot of time talking to banks, big industries, manufacturers working through how they are integrating and transforming their IT platforms and moving them forward," explained William Morrish, General Manager Product Sales at Interoute, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 30, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,283
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, discussed the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to focus...
Jul. 30, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,124
To leverage Continuous Delivery, enterprises must consider impacts that span functional silos, as well as applications that touch older, slower moving components. Managing the many dependencies can cause slowdowns. See how to achieve continuous delivery in the enterprise.
Jul. 30, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 584
Up until last year, enterprises that were looking into cloud services usually undertook a long-term pilot with one of the large cloud providers, running test and dev workloads in the cloud. With cloud’s transition to mainstream adoption in 2015, and with enterprises migrating more and more workloads into the cloud and in between public and private environments, the single-provider approach must be revisited. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Yoav Mor, multi-cloud solution evangelist at Cloudy...
Jul. 30, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 653
Aspose.Total for .NET is the most complete package of all file format APIs for .NET as offered by Aspose. It empowers developers to create, edit, render, print and convert between a wide range of popular document formats within any .NET, C#, ASP.NET and VB.NET applications. Aspose compiles all .NET APIs on a daily basis to ensure that it contains the most up to date versions of each of Aspose .NET APIs. If a new .NET API or a new version of existing APIs is released during the subscription peri...
Jul. 30, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,075
Security, data privacy, reliability, and regulatory compliance are critical factors when evaluating whether to move business applications from in-house, client-hosted environments to a cloud platform. Quality assurance plays a vital role in ensuring that the appropriate level of risk assessment, verification, and validation takes place to ensure business continuity during the migration to a new cloud platform.
Jul. 30, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 541