|By PR Newswire||
|January 14, 2014 01:30 AM EST||
SEATTLE, Jan. 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Cell Therapeutics, Inc. (CTI) (NASDAQ and MTA: CTIC) today announced a corporate update for 2014 in addition to an overview of recent progress for its drug portfolio.
"We ended 2013 and have entered 2014 with a series of successes, including a global strategic partnership for pacritinib, positive reimbursement rulings in England/Wales and Germany for PIXUVRI, the reacquisition of rights to PIXUVRI and Opaxio in order to allow us to more efficiently move these programs forward and new positive interim data for tosedostat," said James A. Bianco, M.D. President and CEO of CTI. "We expect to continue that momentum with completion of the first of two Phase 3 clinical trials of pacritinib in myelofibrosis and potential topline data later in the year."
- In November 2013, CTI entered into a worldwide license agreement with Baxter International, Inc. (Baxter) to develop and commercialize pacritinib in which CTI and Baxter will jointly commercialize pacritinib in the United States and Baxter has exclusive commercialization rights for all indications outside the U.S.
- The Phase 3 PERSIST-1 trial evaluating a broad set of myelofibrosis patients without limitations on blood platelet counts is currently enrolling patients. CTI expects to report topline data in the second half of 2014.
- A second Phase 3 trial, PERSIST-2, in myelofibrosis patients with low platelet counts is expected to begin enrollment imminently. In October 2013, CTI reached agreement with the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on a Special Protocol Assessment for this trial. This trial together with PERSIST-1 is intended to support registration in the U.S. and the European Union.
- In December 2013, CTI received positive recommendations for funding and reimbursement from the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) in England/Wales and the National Association of Statutory Health Insurance Funds (GKV-Spitzenverband) in Germany.
- CTI has gained agreement from the European Medicines Agency (EMA) to change the primary endpoint of the Phase 3 PIX-R, or PIX306, post-marketing commitment study of pixantrone-rituximab versus gemcitabine-rituximab for patients with relapsed B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL) from overall survival to progression-free survival. The trial is now expected to enroll 220 patients versus the 350 patients previously planned. This trial is expected to complete enrollment in 2015 and is intended to support the conversion of the conditional approval for PIXUVRI in Europe to full approval and potentially support a registration application in the U.S.
- In January 2014, CTI received notification from the FDA that the partial clinical hold has been removed and all studies underway may continue. Current investigator-sponsored trials are scheduled to resume in the first quarter of 2014.
- In December 2013, researchers presented new positive interim results from the investigator-initiated Phase 2 trial of tosedostat in combination with cytarabine or decitabine in newly diagnosed older patients with acute myeloid leukemia (AML) or high-risk myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) at the 55th American Society of Hematology annual meeting. Results showed a 54 percent complete response rate and 12-month median survival in this first-line setting.
Corporate and Financial
- In January 2014, CTI reached an agreement with Novartis to regain rights to PIXUVRI and Opaxio, providing CTI with the flexibility to manage these assets within the context of its overall product portfolio strategy.
- CTI will provide 2014 financial guidance in its fourth quarter and year-end 2013 results announcement. At this time, we anticipate that the up-front payment and anticipated near-term milestones related to the Baxter collaboration will potentially allow CTI to reach regulatory submissions for pacritinib without requiring additional equity financing to fund such activities.
2014 Corporate Milestones
- Initiate second Phase 3 trial. CTI expects to initiate PERSIST-2 for patients with myelofibrosis who have low platelet counts in early 2014.
- Report topline results. CTI anticipates reporting topline results for PERSIST-1 in the second half of 2014.
- Initiation of investigator-sponsored trials. CTI is evaluating additional indications and expects to support the initiation of investigator-sponsored trials, including in AML, at leading centers in 2014.
- Grow E.U. sales. CTI intends to focus on PIXUVRI for multiply relapsed or refractory aggressive relapsed B-cell NHL and manage expenses to drive to future profitability.
- Seek rest-of-world partner. CTI intends to pursue a partner for commercializing PIXUVRI outside of Western Europe.
- Complete enrollment. CTI expects the GOG-0212 Phase 3 maintenance therapy trial for patients with ovarian cancer to complete enrollment in the first quarter 2014.
About Cell Therapeutics, Inc.
CTI (NASDAQ and MTA: CTIC) is a biopharmaceutical company committed to the development and commercialization of an integrated portfolio of oncology products aimed at making cancer more treatable. CTI is headquartered in Seattle, WA. For additional information and to sign up for email alerts and get RSS feeds, please visit www.CellTherapeutics.com.
This press release includes forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Safe Harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such statements are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties, the outcome of which could materially and/or adversely affect actual future results and the trading price of CTI's securities. Such statements include, but are not limited to, statements regarding CTI's expectations with respect to the development of CTI and its product and product candidate portfolio, and expectations concerning the benefits of the reacquisition of rights to PIXUVRI and Opaxio, the anticipated completion of the first of two Phase 3 clinical trials of pacritinib in myelofibrosis, potential release of topline data for pacritinib later in 2014, enrollment projections and expected outcome of the Phase 3 PIX-R, or PIX306, post-marketing commitment study, liquidity and expense projections, projected initiation of each of PERSIST-2 for patients with myelofibrosis who have low platelet counts in early 2014 and investigator-sponsored trials, including in acute myeloid leukemia (AML), and enrollment projections with respect to the GOG-0212 Phase 3 maintenance therapy trial at leading centers in 2014. Risks that contribute to the uncertain nature of the forward-looking statements include, among others, risks associated with the biopharmaceutical industry in general and with CTI and its product and product candidate portfolio in particular including, among others, risks associated with the following: that CTI cannot predict or guarantee the pace or geography of enrollment of its clinical trials, that CTI cannot predict or guarantee the outcome of preclinical and clinical studies, that CTI may not obtain favorable determinations by other regulatory, patent and administrative governmental authorities, that CTI may experience delays in the commencement of preclinical and clinical studies, risks related to the costs of developing pacritinib and CTI's other product candidates, and other risks, including, without limitation, competitive factors, technological developments, that CTI's operating expenses continue to exceed its net revenues, that CTI may not be able to sustain its current cost controls or further reduce its operating expenses, that CTI may not achieve previously announced goals and objectives as or when projected, that CTI's average net operating burn rate may increase, that CTI will continue to need to raise capital to fund its operating expenses, but may not be able to raise sufficient amounts to fund its continued operation as well as other risks listed or described from time to time in CTI's most recent filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission on Forms 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K. Except as required by law, CTI does not intend to update any of the statements in this press release upon further developments.
SOURCE Cell Therapeutics, Inc.
Predictive analytics tools monitor, report, and troubleshoot in order to make proactive decisions about the health, performance, and utilization of storage. Most enterprises combine cloud and on-premise storage, resulting in blended environments of physical, virtual, cloud, and other platforms, which justifies more sophisticated storage analytics. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Peter McCallum, Vice President of Datacenter Solutions at FalconStor, discussed using predictive analytics to mon...
Dec. 4, 2016 07:00 PM EST Reads: 4,889
"We are an all-flash array storage provider but our focus has been on VM-aware storage specifically for virtualized applications," stated Dhiraj Sehgal of Tintri in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 4, 2016 06:30 PM EST Reads: 536
Today we can collect lots and lots of performance data. We build beautiful dashboards and even have fancy query languages to access and transform the data. Still performance data is a secret language only a couple of people understand. The more business becomes digital the more stakeholders are interested in this data including how it relates to business. Some of these people have never used a monitoring tool before. They have a question on their mind like “How is my application doing” but no id...
Dec. 4, 2016 06:30 PM EST Reads: 2,159
@GonzalezCarmen has been ranked the Number One Influencer and @ThingsExpo has been named the Number One Brand in the “M2M 2016: Top 100 Influencers and Brands” by Onalytica. Onalytica analyzed tweets over the last 6 months mentioning the keywords M2M OR “Machine to Machine.” They then identified the top 100 most influential brands and individuals leading the discussion on Twitter.
Dec. 4, 2016 06:30 PM EST Reads: 2,023
As data explodes in quantity, importance and from new sources, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and cloud environments grow with it. Managing data includes protecting it, indexing and classifying it for true, long-term management, compliance and E-Discovery. Commvault can ensure this with a single pane of glass solution – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enter...
Dec. 4, 2016 06:00 PM EST Reads: 1,530
In IT, we sometimes coin terms for things before we know exactly what they are and how they’ll be used. The resulting terms may capture a common set of aspirations and goals – as “cloud” did broadly for on-demand, self-service, and flexible computing. But such a term can also lump together diverse and even competing practices, technologies, and priorities to the point where important distinctions are glossed over and lost.
Dec. 4, 2016 05:45 PM EST Reads: 1,504
All clouds are not equal. To succeed in a DevOps context, organizations should plan to develop/deploy apps across a choice of on-premise and public clouds simultaneously depending on the business needs. This is where the concept of the Lean Cloud comes in - resting on the idea that you often need to relocate your app modules over their life cycles for both innovation and operational efficiency in the cloud. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Valentin (Val) Bercovici, CTO of Soli...
Dec. 4, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 1,638
"We're a cybersecurity firm that specializes in engineering security solutions both at the software and hardware level. Security cannot be an after-the-fact afterthought, which is what it's become," stated Richard Blech, Chief Executive Officer at Secure Channels, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 4, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 598
"IoT is going to be a huge industry with a lot of value for end users, for industries, for consumers, for manufacturers. How can we use cloud to effectively manage IoT applications," stated Ian Khan, Innovation & Marketing Manager at Solgeniakhela, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 4, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 4,151
Information technology is an industry that has always experienced change, and the dramatic change sweeping across the industry today could not be truthfully described as the first time we've seen such widespread change impacting customer investments. However, the rate of the change, and the potential outcomes from today's digital transformation has the distinct potential to separate the industry into two camps: Organizations that see the change coming, embrace it, and successful leverage it; and...
Dec. 4, 2016 03:00 PM EST Reads: 3,249
Join Impiger for their featured webinar: ‘Cloud Computing: A Roadmap to Modern Software Delivery’ on November 10, 2016, at 12:00 pm CST. Very few companies have not experienced some impact to their IT delivery due to the evolution of cloud computing. This webinar is not about deciding whether you should entertain moving some or all of your IT to the cloud, but rather, a detailed look under the hood to help IT professionals understand how cloud adoption has evolved and what trends will impact th...
Dec. 4, 2016 03:00 PM EST Reads: 2,518
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, discussed the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Dec. 4, 2016 02:15 PM EST Reads: 1,993
We are always online. We access our data, our finances, work, and various services on the Internet. But we live in a congested world of information in which the roads were built two decades ago. The quest for better, faster Internet routing has been around for a decade, but nobody solved this problem. We’ve seen band-aid approaches like CDNs that attack a niche's slice of static content part of the Internet, but that’s it. It does not address the dynamic services-based Internet of today. It does...
Dec. 4, 2016 02:00 PM EST Reads: 924
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Dec. 4, 2016 02:00 PM EST Reads: 1,901
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Dec. 4, 2016 02:00 PM EST Reads: 582