|By PR Newswire||
|January 14, 2014 08:43 AM EST||
ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, Ill., Jan. 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Restaurant.com, the nation's largest dining deals site, is letting diners and restaurant operators know what the industry has in store in 2014. With the exception of certain comfort foods, Restaurant.com foresees a return to simpler menu items and fresher, healthier ingredients in the coming year. Restaurant.com is releasing a complete list of 2014 Restaurant Food Trend Predictions, with insight from Restaurant.com President, Chief Marketing Officer and resident trend-guru Christopher Krohn. From eggs and super foods to chili sauces, restaurant-goers are bound to find many of these food items in restaurants in 2014.
Restaurant.com's 2014 Food Trend Predictions:
- Egg-cellent Adventures – That's right, diners will be seeing and eating a lot more eggs at restaurants in 2014. Chefs are already starting to top America's favorite foods with eggs – on burgers and pizza, for example. Eggs are versatile, nutritious and can be worked into lots of dishes, such as salads and stir-fries. The "breakfast for dinner" craze and increasing popularity of regional specialties like Korean Bibimbop and Mexican Heuvos Rancheros will continue to accelerate this trend as well.
- Farm to Fork – In 2014, the farm-to-table trend will grow, driven by diners' growing eco-awareness and their desire for the wholesome simplicity of homestyle cooking and minimally-processed foods. Riding this wave, restaurants are returning to their predecessors' roots, locally sourcing fresh produce and natural ingredients and cooking them up in a style that more closely resembles the authentic recipes that once graced grandma's kitchen table. For examples of this trend, look for fresh-baked biscuits, locally produced cheeses, egg dishes (see previous trend), honey-sweetened desserts, and beef alternatives such as rabbit, lamb, and dark-meat poultry on more menus in 2014.
- Tea Time, All the Time – Made popular by Asian restaurants, green tea is an increasingly popular beverage and ingredient choice used in restaurants across the United States. Krohn predicts that items like green tea cupcakes, sorbets and macaroons will soon be popping up in local bakeries. Ground teas like matcha and chai will be used as dry rubs and marinades for beef, chicken or veggies. Tea-smoked salmon and pork will both make headway in the New Year, and English-style tea-time gatherings at local cafes will also be big. Add to tea's traditional role as a popular beverage choice (sweet tea will be inescapable in restaurants this summer), and it's easy to see why this ancient ingredient is a frontrunner for 2014 fame.
- Bread-y When You Are – Americans are re-thinking their relationship with this staple, and the role of bread in our diets is changing rapidly even as the bread choices available to diners continues to increase. As a result, some bakeries have become key drivers of the aforementioned farm-style food movement. And many restaurants have begun baking their own artisan breads in house, livening up sandwiches and burgers with special loaves, from ciabatta, to challah, to pretzel. With options like brisket on brioche, pesto-drizzled croutons, and Panini on sundried tomato focaccia, American menus will continue to feature bread in various styles like never before in 2014.
- It's A Bird, It's a Plane, It's…SuperKale? You've probably heard the buzz about 2013's salad darling, kale, but there may be others on this vitamin "A Team" you have yet to discover. Some of these remaining Super Foods include ingredients less familiar to the nation's restaurant tables, like pomegranate, quinoa and flax seeds. Others are traditional menu items that diners are re-discovering as members of the Super Food "swat" team. Sweet potatoes, salmon, broccoli, cauliflower, squash, beets and shrimp all make this list. Chefs everywhere are taking notes on three super food types in particular : Power-packed veggie-based phytonutrients (found in such delectables such as squash, arugula, heirloom tomatoes, kale, sweet potatoes and broccoli); disease-fighting antioxidants (coming from a variety of tasty treats, such as pomegranates, beets, tea, cinnamon, chocolate, and cauliflower); and healthy Omega-3s (from salmon, shrimp, quinoa and nuts, to name a few). Grandma may not have understood the science behind these Super Foods, but Restaurant.com predicts there will be a proliferation of these nutritional darlings on restaurant menus in 2014.
For additional details from Krohn's predictions and the rest of Restaurant.com's 2014 Food Trend Predictions list, read the Restaurant.com consumer blog, The Dish.
Restaurant.com is the trusted and valued source connecting restaurants and diners nationwide. The company offers savings at thousands of restaurants nationwide with more than 50,000 gift certificate options. Restaurant.com brings people together to relax, converse and enjoy well-prepared and -served meals at affordable prices. To date, Restaurant.com customers have saved more than $1 billion through the gift certificate program. Restaurant.com has operated since 1999 and is based in Arlington Heights, Ill.
Christopher Krohn, Chief Marketing Officer and President, Restaurant.com
Restaurant.com President and Chief Marketing Officer Christopher Krohn oversees the growth and development of the nation's largest restaurant deals site. With direct oversight of the company's information technology and marketing teams, Krohn is focused on optimizing the consumer experience to drive the business and brand forward. An enthusiastic diner, Krohn's passion for quality food choices and knowledge of the restaurant industry make him the go-to authority on food trends for restaurants.
Media Contact: Kelli McCready
Public Relations Manager
Phone: (800) 979-8985; Email: [email protected]
"We have seen the evolution of WebRTC right from the starting point to what it has become today, that people are using in real applications," noted Dr. Natasha Tamaskar, Vice President and Head of Cloud and Mobile Strategy and Ecosystem at GENBAND, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at WebRTC Summit, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 7, 2015 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,104
The 3rd International WebRTC Summit, to be held Nov. 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 15th International Cloud Expo, 6th International Big Data Expo, 3rd International DevOps Summit and 2nd Internet of @ThingsExpo. WebRTC (Web-based Real-Time Com...
Jul. 7, 2015 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 813
Internet of Things (IoT) will be a hybrid ecosystem of diverse devices and sensors collaborating with operational and enterprise systems to create the next big application. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Bramh Gupta, founder and CEO of robomq.io, and Fred Yatzeck, principal architect leading product development at robomq.io, discussed how choosing the right middleware and integration strategy from the get-go will enable IoT solution developers to adapt and grow with the industry, while at th...
Jul. 7, 2015 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,649
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society-changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jason Mondanaro, Director, Product Management at Metanga, discussed how you can plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change the world...
Jul. 7, 2015 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,604
Countless business models have spawned from the IaaS industry. Resell Web hosting, blogs, public cloud, and on and on. With the overwhelming amount of tools available to us, it's sometimes easy to overlook that many of them are just new skins of resources we've had for a long time. In his General Session at 16th Cloud Expo, Phil Jackson, Lead Technology Evangelist at SoftLayer, broke down what we've got to work with and discuss the benefits and pitfalls to discover how we can best use them to d...
Jul. 7, 2015 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,439
Enterprises are turning to the hybrid cloud to drive greater scalability and cost-effectiveness. But enterprises should beware as the definition of “policy” varies wildly. Some say it’s the ability to control the resources apps’ use or where the apps run. Others view policy as governing the permissions and delivering security. Policy is all of that and more. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Derek Collison, founder and CEO of Apcera, explained what policy is, he showed how policy should be arch...
Jul. 7, 2015 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,006
SYS-CON Events announced today that Harbinger Systems will exhibit at SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Harbinger Systems is a global company providing software technology services. Since 1990, Harbinger has developed a strong customer base worldwide. Its customers include software product companies ranging from hi-tech start-ups in Silicon Valley to leading product companies in the US a...
Jul. 7, 2015 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,499
The 4th International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 17th International Cloud Expo - to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - announces that its Call for Papers is open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than
Jul. 7, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,300
The time is ripe for high speed resilient software defined storage solutions with unlimited scalability. ISS has been working with the leading open source projects and developed a commercial high performance solution that is able to grow forever without performance limitations. In his session at Cloud Expo, Alex Gorbachev, President of Intelligent Systems Services Inc., shared foundation principles of Ceph architecture, as well as the design to deliver this storage to traditional SAN storage co...
Jul. 7, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,491
SYS-CON Events announced today that ProfitBricks, the provider of painless cloud infrastructure, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. ProfitBricks is the IaaS provider that offers a painless cloud experience for all IT users, with no learning curve. ProfitBricks boasts flexible cloud servers and networking, an integrated Data Center Designer tool for visual control over the...
Jul. 7, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,278
"We got started as search consultants. On the services side of the business we have help organizations save time and save money when they hit issues that everyone more or less hits when their data grows," noted Otis Gospodnetić, Founder of Sematext, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 7, 2015 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,735
"CenturyLink brings a full suite of services to the table and that enables us to be an IT service provider," explained Jeff Katzen, Director of the Cloud Practice at CenturyLink, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 7, 2015 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 783
17th Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterprises ar...
Jul. 7, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,973
DevOps is about increasing efficiency, but nothing is more inefficient than building the same application twice. However, this is a routine occurrence with enterprise applications that need both a rich desktop web interface and strong mobile support. With recent technological advances from Isomorphic Software and others, it is now feasible to create a rich desktop and tuned mobile experience with a single codebase, without compromising performance or usability.
Jul. 7, 2015 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,439
One of the hottest areas in cloud right now is DRaaS and related offerings. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Dale Levesque, Disaster Recovery Product Manager with Windstream's Cloud and Data Center Marketing team, will discuss the benefits of the cloud model, which far outweigh the traditional approach, and how enterprises need to ensure that their needs are properly being met.
Jul. 7, 2015 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,419