|By PR Newswire||
|January 14, 2014 04:44 PM EST||
NEW YORK, Jan. 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- BET Networks is pleased to announce the return of its acclaimed music mega-specials for 2014. Soaring to new heights throughout 2013 and delivering unprecedented programming to its audiences, BET Networks continues to provide quality music programs and specials for families and viewers of all ages. As always, viewers at home can expect never before seen musical performances, extraordinary surprises, today's biggest celebrities and an array of fresh talent throughout each broadcast.
"We love producing shows that recognize the accomplishments and actions of our people," stated Stephen G. Hill, BET's President of Music Programming and Specials. "Our specials are designed to be sources of pride and excitement for the BET Audience. We are humbled that they continue to be well received. You keep watching them, we'll keep making them."
RETURNING MEGA-SPECIALS ON BET:
- "BET HONORS" -- The Washington Post says, "The annual Bet Honors have just about perfected the ideal mix of glamour, inspiration, humor and sex appeal." We could not have said it better! "BET HONORS" shows the world 'what extraordinary looks like' by saluting luminaries whose lives and revolutionary work contribute to and elevate our culture. Airing during Black History Month, "BET HONORS" is a shimmering night of dynamic performances and tributes that cross genres and generations. In 2012, First Lady Michelle Obama presented Dr. Maya Angelou with her honor. In 2013, Phylicia Rashad conferred the honor upon Halle Berry and Ledisi sang "Everlasting Love" for Chaka Khan. Now that's extraordinary viewing for the entire family.
TAPE DATE: 2/8/2014 PREMIERE: 2/24/2014 LOCATION: Warner Theater, Washington, D.C.
BET.com/Honors = http://www.bet.com/shows/bet-honors.html
- "CELEBRATION OF GOSPEL" -- The biggest night that celebrates gospel music, America's truly original and internationally loved art form only happens on BET. The 14th annual "CELEBRATION OF GOSPEL" is a star-studded gathering of some of the best voices in Gospel and R&B. Impossible to duplicate, this is the only performance show that literally moves your spirit.
Follow us on Twitter: @BETGospel; like us on Facebook: Facebook.com/BETGospel
TAPE DATE: 3/15/14 PREMIERE: 4/6/2014 LOCATION: Orpheum Theater, Los Angeles, CA
BET.com/CelebrationOfGospel = http://www.bet.com/shows/celebration-of-gospel.html
- "BET AWARDS" & BET EXPERIENCE -- "BET AWARDS" franchise is the #1 Program in Cable Television History among the Black audience, and is still a top 10 awards show on television (Broadcast & Cable) among total viewers. It continues to hold the leadership position because it gathers the biggest stars in music, sports, Hollywood, and philanthropy all on one stage for one incredible night. The "BET AWARDS" delivers electrifying performances, moving tributes and the most unforgettable moments on TV.
Follow us on Twitter: @BETAwards; like us on Facebook: Facebook.com/TheBETAwards
PREMIERE: 6/29/2014 LOCATION: Nokia Theatre, Los Angeles, CA
BET.com/BETAwards and BET.com/BETexperience = http://www.bet.com/shows/bet-awards.html
- "BET HIP HOP AWARDS" -- The "BET HIP HOP AWARDS" returns for its ninth year to highlight hip hop music, with bold performances and breakthrough freestyle cyphers that set social media on fire. This is the one show where the hottest rap stars of today share the stage with the hip-hop icons of tomorrow.
Follow us on Twitter: @HipHopAwards; like us on Facebook: Facebook.com/HipHopAwards
TAPE DATE: 9/20/2014 PREMIERE: 4Q/14 LOCATION: Atlantic Civic Center, Atlanta, GA
BET.com/HipHopAwards = http://www.bet.com/shows/hip-hop-awards.html
- "BLACK GIRLS ROCK!™" -- "BLACK GIRLS ROCK!™" is the tribute show that has become a movement. This NAACP Image Award-nominated special is both timely and timeless, saluting dynamic leaders in entertainment, business, philanthropy and beyond. Past award honorees include Ruby Dee, Susan L. Taylor, Missy Elliott, Kerry Washington, Taraji P. Henson, Queen Latifah, and Venus Williams. Featuring emerging and legendary talent, touching tributes to present-day role models and soulful, surprising musical performances, "BLACK GIRLS ROCK!™" celebrates the brilliance and beauty of women of color who shape our world and uplift our girls.
Follow the conversation on Twitter: #BlackGirlsRock
TAPE DATE: 10/18/2014 PREMIERE: 4Q/14 LOCATION: NJPAC, Newark, NJ
BET.com/BlackGirlsRock = http://www.bet.com/shows/black-girls-rock.html
- "SOUL TRAIN AWARDS" -- The hippest trip in America keeps grooving forward. The iconic brand that defined a generation returns for 2014 with its signature awards show. Featuring never before-seen musical collaborations and powerful tributes from world-class performers, the "SOUL TRAIN AWARDS" brings you the most revered and promising voices in soul and R&B. And since airing on both our networks is always better, the "Soul Train Awards" is simulcast on Centric and BET.
Follow the conversation on Twitter: #SoulTrainAwards
PREMIERE: 4Q/14 LOCATION: Orleans Arena, Las Vegas, NV
BET.com/SoulTrainAwards = http://www.bet.com/shows/soul-train-awards.html
About BET Networks
BET Networks, a subsidiary of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB), is the nation's leading provider of quality entertainment, music, news and public affairs television programming for the African-American audience. The primary BET channel reaches more than 90 million households and can be seen in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean, the United Kingdom and sub-Saharan Africa. BET is the dominant African-American consumer brand with a diverse group of business extensions: BET.com, a leading Internet destination for Black entertainment, music, culture, and news; CENTRIC, a 24-hour entertainment network targeting the 25- to 54-year-old African-American audience; BET Digital Networks - BET Gospel and BET Hip Hop, attractive alternatives for cutting-edge entertainment tastes; BET Home Entertainment, a collection of BET-branded offerings for the home environment including DVDs and video-on-demand; BET Event Productions, a full-scale event management and production company with festivals and live events spanning the globe; BET Mobile, which provides ringtones, games and video content for wireless devices; and BET International, which operates BET in the United Kingdom and oversees the extension of BET network programming for global distribution.
Follow us on Twitter: @BET_PR
SOURCE BET Networks
In the midst of the widespread popularity and adoption of cloud computing, it seems like everything is being offered “as a Service” these days: Infrastructure? Check. Platform? You bet. Software? Absolutely. Toaster? It’s only a matter of time. With service providers positioning vastly differing offerings under a generic “cloud” umbrella, it’s all too easy to get confused about what’s actually being offered. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Kevin Hazard, Director of Digital Content for SoftL...
Jun. 30, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,010
Agile, which started in the development organization, has gradually expanded into other areas downstream - namely IT and Operations. Teams – then teams of teams – have streamlined processes, improved feedback loops and driven a much faster pace into IT departments which have had profound effects on the entire organization. In his session at DevOps Summit, Anders Wallgren, Chief Technology Officer of Electric Cloud, will discuss how DevOps and Continuous Delivery have emerged to help connect dev...
Jun. 30, 2015 04:39 PM EDT Reads: 249
Today air travel is a minefield of delays, hassles and customer disappointment. Airlines struggle to revitalize the experience. GE and M2Mi will demonstrate practical examples of how IoT solutions are helping airlines bring back personalization, reduce trip time and improve reliability. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Dr. Sarah Cooper, M2Mi’s VP Business Development and Engineering, will explore the IoT cloud-based platform technologies drivi...
Jun. 30, 2015 04:21 PM EDT Reads: 256
Containers are changing the security landscape for software development and deployment. As with any security solutions, security approaches that work for developers, operations personnel and security professionals is a requirement. In his session at DevOps Summit, Kevin Gilpin, CTO and Co-Founder of Conjur, will discuss various security considerations for container-based infrastructure and related DevOps workflows.
Jun. 30, 2015 03:59 PM EDT Reads: 291
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society-changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jason Mondanaro, Director, Product Management at Metanga, discussed how you can plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change the world...
Jun. 30, 2015 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,080
Overgrown applications have given way to modular applications, driven by the need to break larger problems into smaller problems. Similarly large monolithic development processes have been forced to be broken into smaller agile development cycles. Looking at trends in software development, microservices architectures meet the same demands. Additional benefits of microservices architectures are compartmentalization and a limited impact of service failure versus a complete software malfunction. ...
Jun. 30, 2015 01:56 PM EDT Reads: 493
Internet of Things is moving from being a hype to a reality. Experts estimate that internet connected cars will grow to 152 million, while over 100 million internet connected wireless light bulbs and lamps will be operational by 2020. These and many other intriguing statistics highlight the importance of Internet powered devices and how market penetration is going to multiply many times over in the next few years.
Jun. 30, 2015 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,924
Internet of Things (IoT) will be a hybrid ecosystem of diverse devices and sensors collaborating with operational and enterprise systems to create the next big application. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Bramh Gupta, founder and CEO of robomq.io, and Fred Yatzeck, principal architect leading product development at robomq.io, discussed how choosing the right middleware and integration strategy from the get-go will enable IoT solution developers to adapt and grow with the industry, while at th...
Jun. 30, 2015 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,805
Containers have changed the mind of IT in DevOps. They enable developers to work with dev, test, stage and production environments identically. Containers provide the right abstraction for microservices and many cloud platforms have integrated them into deployment pipelines. DevOps and Containers together help companies to achieve their business goals faster and more effectively. In his session at DevOps Summit, Ruslan Synytsky, CEO and Co-founder of Jelastic, reviewed the current landscape of...
Jun. 30, 2015 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,057
Malicious agents are moving faster than the speed of business. Even more worrisome, most companies are relying on legacy approaches to security that are no longer capable of meeting current threats. In the modern cloud, threat diversity is rapidly expanding, necessitating more sophisticated security protocols than those used in the past or in desktop environments. Yet companies are falling for cloud security myths that were truths at one time but have evolved out of existence.
Jun. 30, 2015 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,008
The cloud has transformed how we think about software quality. Instead of preventing failures, we must focus on automatic recovery from failure. In other words, resilience trumps traditional quality measures. Continuous delivery models further squeeze traditional notions of quality. Remember the venerable project management Iron Triangle? Among time, scope, and cost, you can only fix two or quality will suffer. Only in today's DevOps world, continuous testing, integration, and deployment upend...
Jun. 30, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,803
The time is ripe for high speed resilient software defined storage solutions with unlimited scalability. ISS has been working with the leading open source projects and developed a commercial high performance solution that is able to grow forever without performance limitations. In his session at Cloud Expo, Alex Gorbachev, President of Intelligent Systems Services Inc., shared foundation principles of Ceph architecture, as well as the design to deliver this storage to traditional SAN storage co...
Jun. 30, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,851
To many people, IoT is a buzzword whose value is not understood. Many people think IoT is all about wearables and home automation. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Kavis, Vice President & Principal Cloud Architect at Cloud Technology Partners, discussed some incredible game-changing use cases and how they are transforming industries like agriculture, manufacturing, health care, and smart cities. He will discuss cool technologies like smart dust, robotics, smart labels, and much more. Prepare...
Jun. 30, 2015 10:20 AM EDT Reads: 479
"We provide a web application framework for building really sophisticated web applications that run on a browser without any installation need so we get used for biotech, defense, and banking applications," noted Charles Kendrick, CTO and Chief Architect at Isomorphic Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit (http://DevOpsSummit.SYS-CON.com), held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York
Jun. 30, 2015 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 800
The Internet of Things is not only adding billions of sensors and billions of terabytes to the Internet. It is also forcing a fundamental change in the way we envision Information Technology. For the first time, more data is being created by devices at the edge of the Internet rather than from centralized systems. What does this mean for today's IT professional? In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed this very serious issue of pro...
Jun. 30, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 833