|By PR Newswire||
|January 14, 2014 04:44 PM EST||
NEW YORK, Jan. 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- BET Networks is pleased to announce the return of its acclaimed music mega-specials for 2014. Soaring to new heights throughout 2013 and delivering unprecedented programming to its audiences, BET Networks continues to provide quality music programs and specials for families and viewers of all ages. As always, viewers at home can expect never before seen musical performances, extraordinary surprises, today's biggest celebrities and an array of fresh talent throughout each broadcast.
"We love producing shows that recognize the accomplishments and actions of our people," stated Stephen G. Hill, BET's President of Music Programming and Specials. "Our specials are designed to be sources of pride and excitement for the BET Audience. We are humbled that they continue to be well received. You keep watching them, we'll keep making them."
RETURNING MEGA-SPECIALS ON BET:
- "BET HONORS" -- The Washington Post says, "The annual Bet Honors have just about perfected the ideal mix of glamour, inspiration, humor and sex appeal." We could not have said it better! "BET HONORS" shows the world 'what extraordinary looks like' by saluting luminaries whose lives and revolutionary work contribute to and elevate our culture. Airing during Black History Month, "BET HONORS" is a shimmering night of dynamic performances and tributes that cross genres and generations. In 2012, First Lady Michelle Obama presented Dr. Maya Angelou with her honor. In 2013, Phylicia Rashad conferred the honor upon Halle Berry and Ledisi sang "Everlasting Love" for Chaka Khan. Now that's extraordinary viewing for the entire family.
TAPE DATE: 2/8/2014 PREMIERE: 2/24/2014 LOCATION: Warner Theater, Washington, D.C.
BET.com/Honors = http://www.bet.com/shows/bet-honors.html
- "CELEBRATION OF GOSPEL" -- The biggest night that celebrates gospel music, America's truly original and internationally loved art form only happens on BET. The 14th annual "CELEBRATION OF GOSPEL" is a star-studded gathering of some of the best voices in Gospel and R&B. Impossible to duplicate, this is the only performance show that literally moves your spirit.
Follow us on Twitter: @BETGospel; like us on Facebook: Facebook.com/BETGospel
TAPE DATE: 3/15/14 PREMIERE: 4/6/2014 LOCATION: Orpheum Theater, Los Angeles, CA
BET.com/CelebrationOfGospel = http://www.bet.com/shows/celebration-of-gospel.html
- "BET AWARDS" & BET EXPERIENCE -- "BET AWARDS" franchise is the #1 Program in Cable Television History among the Black audience, and is still a top 10 awards show on television (Broadcast & Cable) among total viewers. It continues to hold the leadership position because it gathers the biggest stars in music, sports, Hollywood, and philanthropy all on one stage for one incredible night. The "BET AWARDS" delivers electrifying performances, moving tributes and the most unforgettable moments on TV.
Follow us on Twitter: @BETAwards; like us on Facebook: Facebook.com/TheBETAwards
PREMIERE: 6/29/2014 LOCATION: Nokia Theatre, Los Angeles, CA
BET.com/BETAwards and BET.com/BETexperience = http://www.bet.com/shows/bet-awards.html
- "BET HIP HOP AWARDS" -- The "BET HIP HOP AWARDS" returns for its ninth year to highlight hip hop music, with bold performances and breakthrough freestyle cyphers that set social media on fire. This is the one show where the hottest rap stars of today share the stage with the hip-hop icons of tomorrow.
Follow us on Twitter: @HipHopAwards; like us on Facebook: Facebook.com/HipHopAwards
TAPE DATE: 9/20/2014 PREMIERE: 4Q/14 LOCATION: Atlantic Civic Center, Atlanta, GA
BET.com/HipHopAwards = http://www.bet.com/shows/hip-hop-awards.html
- "BLACK GIRLS ROCK!™" -- "BLACK GIRLS ROCK!™" is the tribute show that has become a movement. This NAACP Image Award-nominated special is both timely and timeless, saluting dynamic leaders in entertainment, business, philanthropy and beyond. Past award honorees include Ruby Dee, Susan L. Taylor, Missy Elliott, Kerry Washington, Taraji P. Henson, Queen Latifah, and Venus Williams. Featuring emerging and legendary talent, touching tributes to present-day role models and soulful, surprising musical performances, "BLACK GIRLS ROCK!™" celebrates the brilliance and beauty of women of color who shape our world and uplift our girls.
Follow the conversation on Twitter: #BlackGirlsRock
TAPE DATE: 10/18/2014 PREMIERE: 4Q/14 LOCATION: NJPAC, Newark, NJ
BET.com/BlackGirlsRock = http://www.bet.com/shows/black-girls-rock.html
- "SOUL TRAIN AWARDS" -- The hippest trip in America keeps grooving forward. The iconic brand that defined a generation returns for 2014 with its signature awards show. Featuring never before-seen musical collaborations and powerful tributes from world-class performers, the "SOUL TRAIN AWARDS" brings you the most revered and promising voices in soul and R&B. And since airing on both our networks is always better, the "Soul Train Awards" is simulcast on Centric and BET.
Follow the conversation on Twitter: #SoulTrainAwards
PREMIERE: 4Q/14 LOCATION: Orleans Arena, Las Vegas, NV
BET.com/SoulTrainAwards = http://www.bet.com/shows/soul-train-awards.html
About BET Networks
BET Networks, a subsidiary of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB), is the nation's leading provider of quality entertainment, music, news and public affairs television programming for the African-American audience. The primary BET channel reaches more than 90 million households and can be seen in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean, the United Kingdom and sub-Saharan Africa. BET is the dominant African-American consumer brand with a diverse group of business extensions: BET.com, a leading Internet destination for Black entertainment, music, culture, and news; CENTRIC, a 24-hour entertainment network targeting the 25- to 54-year-old African-American audience; BET Digital Networks - BET Gospel and BET Hip Hop, attractive alternatives for cutting-edge entertainment tastes; BET Home Entertainment, a collection of BET-branded offerings for the home environment including DVDs and video-on-demand; BET Event Productions, a full-scale event management and production company with festivals and live events spanning the globe; BET Mobile, which provides ringtones, games and video content for wireless devices; and BET International, which operates BET in the United Kingdom and oversees the extension of BET network programming for global distribution.
Follow us on Twitter: @BET_PR
SOURCE BET Networks
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, will provide tips on how to be successful in large scale machine lear...
Apr. 30, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 892
SYS-CON Events announced today that Peak 10, Inc., a national IT infrastructure and cloud services provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Peak 10 provides reliable, tailored data center and network services, cloud and managed services. Its solutions are designed to scale and adapt to customers’ changing business needs, enabling them to lower costs, improve performance and focus inter...
Apr. 30, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 886
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Klein, CEO and Co-founder of Rachio, will discuss next generation communities that are using IoT to create more sustainable, intelligent communities. One example is Sterling Ranch, a 10,000 home development that – with the help of Siemens – will integrate IoT technology into the community to provide residents with energy and water savings as well as intelligent security. Everything from stop lights to sprinkler systems to building infrastructures will run ef...
Apr. 30, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 552
SYS-CON Events announced today that DatacenterDynamics has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. DatacenterDynamics is a brand of DCD Group, a global B2B media and publishing company that develops products to help senior professionals in the world's most ICT dependent organizations make risk-based infrastructure and capacity decisions.
Apr. 30, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,447
Between the mockups and specs produced by analysts, and resulting applications built by developers, there exists a gulf where projects fail, costs spiral, and applications disappoint. Methodologies like Agile attempt to address this with intensified communication, with partial success but many limitations. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Charles Kendrick, CTO & Chief Architect at Isomorphic Software, will present a revolutionary model enabled by new technologies. Learn how business and devel...
Apr. 30, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,718
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Apr. 29, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 354
The IoT has the potential to create a renaissance of manufacturing in the US and elsewhere. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Florent Solt, CTO and chief architect of Netvibes, will discuss how the expected exponential increase in the amount of data that will be processed, transported, stored, and accessed means there will be a huge demand for smart technologies to deliver it. Florent Solt is the CTO and chief architect of Netvibes. Prior to joining Netvibes in 2007, he co-founded Rift Technol...
Apr. 29, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,553
If there is anything we have learned by now, is that every business paves their own unique path for releasing software- every pipeline, implementation and practices are a bit different, and DevOps comes in all shapes and sizes. Software delivery practices are often comprised of set of several complementing (or even competing) methodologies – such as leveraging Agile, DevOps and even a mix of ITIL, to create the combination that’s most suitable for your organization and that maximize your busines...
Apr. 29, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,754
New Relic, Inc. has announced a set of new features across the New Relic Software Analytics Cloud that offer IT operations teams increased visibility, and the ability to diagnose and resolve performance problems quickly. The new features further IT operations teams’ ability to leverage data and analytics, as well as drive collaboration and a common, shared understanding between teams. Software teams are under pressure to resolve performance issues quickly and improve availability, as the comple...
Apr. 29, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,412
The proper isolation of resources is essential for multi-tenant environments. The traditional approach to isolate resources is, however, rather heavyweight. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Igor Drobiazko, co-founder of elastic.io, will draw upon their own experience with operating a Docker container-based infrastructure on a large scale and present a lightweight solution for resource isolation using microservices. He will also discuss the implementation of microservices in data and applicat...
Apr. 29, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,705
See storage differently! Storage performance problems have only gotten worse and harder to solve as applications have become largely virtualized and moved to a cloud-based infrastructure. Storage performance in a virtualized environment is not just about IOPS, it is about how well that potential performance is guaranteed to individual VMs for these apps as the number of VMs keep going up real time. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Dhiraj Sehgal, in product and marketing at Tintri, will discu...
Apr. 29, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 656
Join IBM June 8 at 18th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and learn how to innovate like a startup and scale for the enterprise. You need to deliver quality applications faster and cheaper, attract and retain customers with an engaging experience across devices, and seamlessly integrate your enterprise systems. And you can't take 12 months to do it.
Apr. 29, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,792
Machine Learning helps make complex systems more efficient. By applying advanced Machine Learning techniques such as Cognitive Fingerprinting, wind project operators can utilize these tools to learn from collected data, detect regular patterns, and optimize their own operations. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stuart Gillen, Director of Business Development at SparkCognition, will discuss how research has demonstrated the value of Machine Learning in delivering next generation analytics to im...
Apr. 29, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,642
This is not a small hotel event. It is also not a big vendor party where politicians and entertainers are more important than real content. This is Cloud Expo, the world's longest-running conference and exhibition focused on Cloud Computing and all that it entails. If you want serious presentations and valuable insight about Cloud Computing for three straight days, then register now for Cloud Expo.
Apr. 29, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,677