|By PR Newswire||
|January 14, 2014 04:44 PM EST||
NEW YORK, Jan. 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- BET Networks is pleased to announce the return of its acclaimed music mega-specials for 2014. Soaring to new heights throughout 2013 and delivering unprecedented programming to its audiences, BET Networks continues to provide quality music programs and specials for families and viewers of all ages. As always, viewers at home can expect never before seen musical performances, extraordinary surprises, today's biggest celebrities and an array of fresh talent throughout each broadcast.
"We love producing shows that recognize the accomplishments and actions of our people," stated Stephen G. Hill, BET's President of Music Programming and Specials. "Our specials are designed to be sources of pride and excitement for the BET Audience. We are humbled that they continue to be well received. You keep watching them, we'll keep making them."
RETURNING MEGA-SPECIALS ON BET:
- "BET HONORS" -- The Washington Post says, "The annual Bet Honors have just about perfected the ideal mix of glamour, inspiration, humor and sex appeal." We could not have said it better! "BET HONORS" shows the world 'what extraordinary looks like' by saluting luminaries whose lives and revolutionary work contribute to and elevate our culture. Airing during Black History Month, "BET HONORS" is a shimmering night of dynamic performances and tributes that cross genres and generations. In 2012, First Lady Michelle Obama presented Dr. Maya Angelou with her honor. In 2013, Phylicia Rashad conferred the honor upon Halle Berry and Ledisi sang "Everlasting Love" for Chaka Khan. Now that's extraordinary viewing for the entire family.
TAPE DATE: 2/8/2014 PREMIERE: 2/24/2014 LOCATION: Warner Theater, Washington, D.C.
BET.com/Honors = http://www.bet.com/shows/bet-honors.html
- "CELEBRATION OF GOSPEL" -- The biggest night that celebrates gospel music, America's truly original and internationally loved art form only happens on BET. The 14th annual "CELEBRATION OF GOSPEL" is a star-studded gathering of some of the best voices in Gospel and R&B. Impossible to duplicate, this is the only performance show that literally moves your spirit.
Follow us on Twitter: @BETGospel; like us on Facebook: Facebook.com/BETGospel
TAPE DATE: 3/15/14 PREMIERE: 4/6/2014 LOCATION: Orpheum Theater, Los Angeles, CA
BET.com/CelebrationOfGospel = http://www.bet.com/shows/celebration-of-gospel.html
- "BET AWARDS" & BET EXPERIENCE -- "BET AWARDS" franchise is the #1 Program in Cable Television History among the Black audience, and is still a top 10 awards show on television (Broadcast & Cable) among total viewers. It continues to hold the leadership position because it gathers the biggest stars in music, sports, Hollywood, and philanthropy all on one stage for one incredible night. The "BET AWARDS" delivers electrifying performances, moving tributes and the most unforgettable moments on TV.
Follow us on Twitter: @BETAwards; like us on Facebook: Facebook.com/TheBETAwards
PREMIERE: 6/29/2014 LOCATION: Nokia Theatre, Los Angeles, CA
BET.com/BETAwards and BET.com/BETexperience = http://www.bet.com/shows/bet-awards.html
- "BET HIP HOP AWARDS" -- The "BET HIP HOP AWARDS" returns for its ninth year to highlight hip hop music, with bold performances and breakthrough freestyle cyphers that set social media on fire. This is the one show where the hottest rap stars of today share the stage with the hip-hop icons of tomorrow.
Follow us on Twitter: @HipHopAwards; like us on Facebook: Facebook.com/HipHopAwards
TAPE DATE: 9/20/2014 PREMIERE: 4Q/14 LOCATION: Atlantic Civic Center, Atlanta, GA
BET.com/HipHopAwards = http://www.bet.com/shows/hip-hop-awards.html
- "BLACK GIRLS ROCK!™" -- "BLACK GIRLS ROCK!™" is the tribute show that has become a movement. This NAACP Image Award-nominated special is both timely and timeless, saluting dynamic leaders in entertainment, business, philanthropy and beyond. Past award honorees include Ruby Dee, Susan L. Taylor, Missy Elliott, Kerry Washington, Taraji P. Henson, Queen Latifah, and Venus Williams. Featuring emerging and legendary talent, touching tributes to present-day role models and soulful, surprising musical performances, "BLACK GIRLS ROCK!™" celebrates the brilliance and beauty of women of color who shape our world and uplift our girls.
Follow the conversation on Twitter: #BlackGirlsRock
TAPE DATE: 10/18/2014 PREMIERE: 4Q/14 LOCATION: NJPAC, Newark, NJ
BET.com/BlackGirlsRock = http://www.bet.com/shows/black-girls-rock.html
- "SOUL TRAIN AWARDS" -- The hippest trip in America keeps grooving forward. The iconic brand that defined a generation returns for 2014 with its signature awards show. Featuring never before-seen musical collaborations and powerful tributes from world-class performers, the "SOUL TRAIN AWARDS" brings you the most revered and promising voices in soul and R&B. And since airing on both our networks is always better, the "Soul Train Awards" is simulcast on Centric and BET.
Follow the conversation on Twitter: #SoulTrainAwards
PREMIERE: 4Q/14 LOCATION: Orleans Arena, Las Vegas, NV
BET.com/SoulTrainAwards = http://www.bet.com/shows/soul-train-awards.html
About BET Networks
BET Networks, a subsidiary of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB), is the nation's leading provider of quality entertainment, music, news and public affairs television programming for the African-American audience. The primary BET channel reaches more than 90 million households and can be seen in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean, the United Kingdom and sub-Saharan Africa. BET is the dominant African-American consumer brand with a diverse group of business extensions: BET.com, a leading Internet destination for Black entertainment, music, culture, and news; CENTRIC, a 24-hour entertainment network targeting the 25- to 54-year-old African-American audience; BET Digital Networks - BET Gospel and BET Hip Hop, attractive alternatives for cutting-edge entertainment tastes; BET Home Entertainment, a collection of BET-branded offerings for the home environment including DVDs and video-on-demand; BET Event Productions, a full-scale event management and production company with festivals and live events spanning the globe; BET Mobile, which provides ringtones, games and video content for wireless devices; and BET International, which operates BET in the United Kingdom and oversees the extension of BET network programming for global distribution.
Follow us on Twitter: @BET_PR
SOURCE BET Networks
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his Day 2 Keynote at @ThingsExpo, Henrik Kenani Dahlgren, Portfolio Marketing Manager at Ericsson, discussed how to plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change the...
Feb. 25, 2017 09:00 AM EST Reads: 5,201
@DevOpsSummit has been named the ‘Top DevOps Influencer' by iTrend. iTrend processes millions of conversations, tweets, interactions, news articles, press releases, blog posts - and extract meaning form them and analyzes mobile and desktop software platforms used to communicate, various metadata (such as geo location), and automation tools. In overall placement, @DevOpsSummit ranked as the number one ‘DevOps Influencer' followed by @CloudExpo at third, and @MicroservicesE at 24th.
Feb. 25, 2017 09:00 AM EST Reads: 1,271
What are the new priorities for the connected business? First: businesses need to think differently about the types of connections they will need to make – these span well beyond the traditional app to app into more modern forms of integration including SaaS integrations, mobile integrations, APIs, device integration and Big Data integration. It’s important these are unified together vs. doing them all piecemeal. Second, these types of connections need to be simple to design, adapt and configure...
Feb. 25, 2017 09:00 AM EST Reads: 3,603
"I think that everyone recognizes that for IoT to really realize its full potential and value that it is about creating ecosystems and marketplaces and that no single vendor is able to support what is required," explained Esmeralda Swartz, VP, Marketing Enterprise and Cloud at Ericsson, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Feb. 25, 2017 08:30 AM EST Reads: 1,005
The buzz continues for cloud, data analytics and the Internet of Things (IoT) and their collective impact across all industries. But a new conversation is emerging - how do companies use industry disruption and technology enablers to lead in markets undergoing change, uncertainty and ambiguity? Organizations of all sizes need to evolve and transform, often under massive pressure, as industry lines blur and merge and traditional business models are assaulted and turned upside down. In this new da...
Feb. 25, 2017 08:15 AM EST Reads: 7,967
When it comes to cloud computing, the ability to turn massive amounts of compute cores on and off on demand sounds attractive to IT staff, who need to manage peaks and valleys in user activity. With cloud bursting, the majority of the data can stay on premises while tapping into compute from public cloud providers, reducing risk and minimizing need to move large files. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Scott Jeschonek, Director of Product Management at Avere Systems, discussed the IT and busine...
Feb. 25, 2017 08:00 AM EST Reads: 5,870
In his General Session at 16th Cloud Expo, David Shacochis, host of The Hybrid IT Files podcast and Vice President at CenturyLink, investigated three key trends of the “gigabit economy" though the story of a Fortune 500 communications company in transformation. Narrating how multi-modal hybrid IT, service automation, and agile delivery all intersect, he will cover the role of storytelling and empathy in achieving strategic alignment between the enterprise and its information technology.
Feb. 25, 2017 08:00 AM EST Reads: 5,724
All clouds are not equal. To succeed in a DevOps context, organizations should plan to develop/deploy apps across a choice of on-premise and public clouds simultaneously depending on the business needs. This is where the concept of the Lean Cloud comes in - resting on the idea that you often need to relocate your app modules over their life cycles for both innovation and operational efficiency in the cloud. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Valentin (Val) Bercovici, CTO of Soli...
Feb. 25, 2017 07:30 AM EST Reads: 1,135
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, discussed the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Feb. 25, 2017 07:30 AM EST Reads: 5,918
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Steve Wilkes, CTO and founder of Striim, will delve into four enterprise-scale, business-critical case studies where streaming analytics serves as the key to enabling real-time data integration and right-time insights in hybrid cloud, IoT, and fog computing environments. As part of this discussion, he will also present a demo based on its partnership with Fujitsu, highlighting their technologies in a healthcare IoT use-case. The demo showcases the tracking of patie...
Feb. 25, 2017 07:30 AM EST Reads: 1,052
SYS-CON Events announced today that SD Times | BZ Media has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6–8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. BZ Media LLC is a high-tech media company that produces technical conferences and expositions, and publishes a magazine, newsletters and websites in the software development, SharePoint, mobile development and commercial UAV markets.
Feb. 25, 2017 07:15 AM EST Reads: 1,809
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm. In his general session at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Brown, a Solutions Marketing Manager at Nutanix, will explore...
Feb. 25, 2017 07:15 AM EST Reads: 1,440
The best way to leverage your Cloud Expo presence as a sponsor and exhibitor is to plan your news announcements around our events. The press covering Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo will have access to these releases and will amplify your news announcements. More than two dozen Cloud companies either set deals at our shows or have announced their mergers and acquisitions at Cloud Expo. Product announcements during our show provide your company with the most reach through our targeted audiences.
Feb. 25, 2017 07:00 AM EST Reads: 8,978
SYS-CON Events announced today that Linux Academy, the foremost online Linux and cloud training platform and community, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Linux Academy was founded on the belief that providing high-quality, in-depth training should be available at an affordable price. Industry leaders in quality training, provided services, and student certification passes, its goal is to c...
Feb. 25, 2017 05:30 AM EST Reads: 1,487
Culture is the most important ingredient of DevOps. The challenge for most organizations is defining and communicating a vision of beneficial DevOps culture for their organizations, and then facilitating the changes needed to achieve that. Often this comes down to an ability to provide true leadership. As a CIO, are your direct reports IT managers or are they IT leaders? The hard truth is that many IT managers have risen through the ranks based on their technical skills, not their leadership abi...
Feb. 25, 2017 05:00 AM EST Reads: 8,193