|By PR Newswire||
|January 16, 2014 08:15 AM EST||
MISSISSAUGA, ON, Jan. 16, 2014 /CNW/ - Kronos Incorporated announced this week at the National Retail Federation's Annual Convention Expo in New York an accelerated rate of retailers around the world are deploying its workforce management solutions to improve brand value and profitability. Many of these retailers have chosen to deploy Kronos solutions in the Kronos Cloud as a way to speed implementation time, resulting in faster return on investment.
- Kronos Cloud deployments enable retailers to achieve rapid return on investment through quicker, easier implementations, as well as high levels of competitive differentiation through improved efficiency and reduced costs. Deploying in the Kronos Cloud also frees up IT resources for other functions, as IT no longer needs to focus on software upgrades, legislative updates, or changes to existing configuration.
- Ultimately, through faster implementation of applications and lower total cost of software ownership, deploying in the Kronos Cloud helps create a more streamlined and simplified operational environment, allowing retailers to focus on providing a superior customer experience.
- Leading retailers have chosen to deploy in the Kronos Cloud, including: Katz Group Pharmacies Inc. with more than 420 convenient Rexall and Rexall Pharma Plus locations across Central and Western Canada; Best Buy, a world-leading multinational consumer electronics corporation; Family Dollar, a leading discount chain of variety stores; Jos. A. Bank, a leading retailer of men's clothing; and PUMA, a multinational corporation that produces athletic and casual footwear as well as sportswear.
- In addition to cloud computing, Kronos continues to aggressively invest in its suite of retail-specific solutions, making them easier and more cost effective for retailers to own. As a result, hundreds of retailers around the world optimize their workforce management practices with Kronos to deliver the experience that their consumers not only expect but demand. These retailers include some of the world's most recognizable brands such as: Coach, a leading luxury leather goods brand; Dick's Sporting Goods, a retail leader in sporting goods; Forever 21, a specialty retailer of clothing and accessories; Neiman Marcus Group, owner of the luxury specialty department store Neiman Marcus; Starbucks, the largest coffeehouse company in the world; and The Container Store, a retail chain that specializes in storage and organization solutions.
- Alex Torres, human resources director, Best Buy Mexico "We selected Kronos for two main reasons. First, Kronos has the longest record of helping retailers around the world successfully optimize their workforce management processes. Second, Kronos offers solutions that are highly intuitive and innovative. We don't know of another workforce management vendor that matches Kronos in innovation, functionality, and ease of use."
Lisa Rowan, research vice president, HR, talent and learning strategies,
"Delivering applications in the cloud will be a key driver for the human capital management market in the years to come and will help this industry remain strong in most parts of the world. Cloud implementations will lead to lower total cost of ownership, an opportunity to optimize scarce resources, and can also help modernize applications for improved usability."
Liz Moughan, director, retail and hospitality practice group Kronos
"Stakes are rising in retail. The market is more competitive than ever and consumers demand an excellent shopping experience. And retailers want technology vendors to help them focus more on their core business of selling. This ease-of-use and ease-of-ownership factor is of paramount importance today and we remain committed to offering our customers the flexibility they need in how they want to purchase, deploy, and maintain the Kronos solution. The demand we're experiencing in our cloud solution will only grow as retailers fully realize the power of optimizing operations, reducing costs, and improving efficiency with cloud - all of which enable them to invest back in their core business."
- Kronos made this announcement from the National Retail Federation's (NRF) 103rd Annual Convention and Expo being in held in New York from Jan. 12-15. Kronos is exhibiting in booth #2939.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Subscribe to our workforce management blogs.
- Take a look at the lighter side of workforce management in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organizations in more than 100 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR, and labor analytics applications at www.kronos.ca. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
© 2014 Kronos Incorporated. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works are trademarks of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Kronos Incorporated
Contrary to mainstream media attention, the multiple possibilities of how consumer IoT will transform our everyday lives aren’t the only angle of this headline-gaining trend. There’s a huge opportunity for “industrial IoT” and “Smart Cities” to impact the world in the same capacity – especially during critical situations. For example, a community water dam that needs to release water can leverage embedded critical communications logic to alert the appropriate individuals, on the right device, as...
Sep. 5, 2015 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 210
U.S. companies are desperately trying to recruit and hire skilled software engineers and developers, but there is simply not enough quality talent to go around. Tiempo Development is a nearshore software development company. Our headquarters are in AZ, but we are a pioneer and leader in outsourcing to Mexico, based on our three software development centers there. We have a proven process and we are experts at providing our customers with powerful solutions. We transform ideas into reality.
Sep. 5, 2015 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 595
As more intelligent IoT applications shift into gear, they’re merging into the ever-increasing traffic flow of the Internet. It won’t be long before we experience bottlenecks, as IoT traffic peaks during rush hours. Organizations that are unprepared will find themselves by the side of the road unable to cross back into the fast lane. As billions of new devices begin to communicate and exchange data – will your infrastructure be scalable enough to handle this new interconnected world?
Sep. 5, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 318
eCube Systems has released NXTmonitor, a full featured application orchestration solution. NXTmonitor, which inherited the code base of NXTminder, has been extended to support multi-discipline processes and will act as a DevOps utility in a heterogeneous enterprise environment. Previously, NXTminder was packaged with NXTera middleware to configure and manage Entera and NXTera RPC servers. “Since we are widening the focus of this solution to DevOps, we felt the need to change the name to NXTmon...
Sep. 5, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 254
Advances in technology and ubiquitous connectivity have made the utilization of a dispersed workforce more common. Whether that remote team is located across the street or country, management styles/ approaches will have to be adjusted to accommodate this new dynamic. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Sagi Brody, Chief Technology Officer at Webair Internet Development Inc., will focus on the challenges of managing remote teams, providing real-world examples that demonstrate what works and what...
Sep. 5, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 166
17th Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterprises ar...
Sep. 5, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,639
Moving an existing on-premise infrastructure into the cloud can be a complex and daunting proposition. It is critical to understand the benefits as well as the challenges associated with either a full or hybrid approach. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Richard Weiss, Principal Consultant at Pythian, will present a roadmap that can be leveraged by any organization to plan, analyze, evaluate and execute on a cloud migration solution. He will review the five major cloud transformation phases a...
Sep. 5, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 176
While many app developers are comfortable building apps for the smartphone, there is a whole new world out there. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Narayan Sainaney, Co-founder and CTO of Mojio, will discuss how the business case for connected car apps is growing and, with open platform companies having already done the heavy lifting, there really is no barrier to entry.
Sep. 5, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 259
SYS-CON Events announced today that the "Second Containers & Microservices Expo" will take place November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Containers and microservices have become topics of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities.
Sep. 5, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 684
Amazon and Google have built software-defined data centers (SDDCs) that deliver massively scalable services with great efficiency. Yet, building SDDCs has proven to be a near impossibility for ‘normal’ companies without hyper-scale resources. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, David Cauthron, founder and chief executive officer of Nimboxx, will discuss the evolution of virtualization (hardware, application, memory, storage) and how commodity / open source hyper converged infrastructure (HCI) so...
Sep. 5, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 188
SYS-CON Events announced today that G2G3 will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit Silicon Valley, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Based on a collective appreciation for user experience, design, and technology, G2G3 is uniquely qualified and motivated to redefine how organizations and people engage in an increasingly digital world.
Sep. 5, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 594
Mobile, social, Big Data, and cloud have fundamentally changed the way we live. “Anytime, anywhere” access to data and information is no longer a luxury; it’s a requirement, in both our personal and professional lives. For IT organizations, this means pressure has never been greater to deliver meaningful services to the business and customers.
Sep. 5, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 888
Manufacturing connected IoT versions of traditional products requires more than multiple deep technology skills. It also requires a shift in mindset, to realize that connected, sensor-enabled “things” act more like services than what we usually think of as products. In his session at @ThingsExpo, David Friedman, CEO and co-founder of Ayla Networks, will discuss how when sensors start generating detailed real-world data about products and how they’re being used, smart manufacturers can use the ...
Sep. 5, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 149
The Internet of Things is in the early stages of mainstream deployment but it promises to unlock value and rapidly transform how organizations manage, operationalize, and monetize their assets. IoT is a complex structure of hardware, sensors, applications, analytics and devices that need to be able to communicate geographically and across all functions. Once the data is collected from numerous endpoints, the challenge then becomes converting it into actionable insight.
Sep. 5, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 177
With the Apple Watch making its way onto wrists all over the world, it’s only a matter of time before it becomes a staple in the workplace. In fact, Forrester reported that 68 percent of technology and business decision-makers characterize wearables as a top priority for 2015. Recognizing their business value early on, FinancialForce.com was the first to bring ERP to wearables, helping streamline communication across front and back office functions. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kevin Roberts...
Sep. 5, 2015 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 178