|By PR Newswire||
|January 16, 2014 08:15 AM EST||
MISSISSAUGA, ON, Jan. 16, 2014 /CNW/ - Kronos Incorporated announced this week at the National Retail Federation's Annual Convention Expo in New York an accelerated rate of retailers around the world are deploying its workforce management solutions to improve brand value and profitability. Many of these retailers have chosen to deploy Kronos solutions in the Kronos Cloud as a way to speed implementation time, resulting in faster return on investment.
- Kronos Cloud deployments enable retailers to achieve rapid return on investment through quicker, easier implementations, as well as high levels of competitive differentiation through improved efficiency and reduced costs. Deploying in the Kronos Cloud also frees up IT resources for other functions, as IT no longer needs to focus on software upgrades, legislative updates, or changes to existing configuration.
- Ultimately, through faster implementation of applications and lower total cost of software ownership, deploying in the Kronos Cloud helps create a more streamlined and simplified operational environment, allowing retailers to focus on providing a superior customer experience.
- Leading retailers have chosen to deploy in the Kronos Cloud, including: Katz Group Pharmacies Inc. with more than 420 convenient Rexall and Rexall Pharma Plus locations across Central and Western Canada; Best Buy, a world-leading multinational consumer electronics corporation; Family Dollar, a leading discount chain of variety stores; Jos. A. Bank, a leading retailer of men's clothing; and PUMA, a multinational corporation that produces athletic and casual footwear as well as sportswear.
- In addition to cloud computing, Kronos continues to aggressively invest in its suite of retail-specific solutions, making them easier and more cost effective for retailers to own. As a result, hundreds of retailers around the world optimize their workforce management practices with Kronos to deliver the experience that their consumers not only expect but demand. These retailers include some of the world's most recognizable brands such as: Coach, a leading luxury leather goods brand; Dick's Sporting Goods, a retail leader in sporting goods; Forever 21, a specialty retailer of clothing and accessories; Neiman Marcus Group, owner of the luxury specialty department store Neiman Marcus; Starbucks, the largest coffeehouse company in the world; and The Container Store, a retail chain that specializes in storage and organization solutions.
- Alex Torres, human resources director, Best Buy Mexico "We selected Kronos for two main reasons. First, Kronos has the longest record of helping retailers around the world successfully optimize their workforce management processes. Second, Kronos offers solutions that are highly intuitive and innovative. We don't know of another workforce management vendor that matches Kronos in innovation, functionality, and ease of use."
Lisa Rowan, research vice president, HR, talent and learning strategies,
"Delivering applications in the cloud will be a key driver for the human capital management market in the years to come and will help this industry remain strong in most parts of the world. Cloud implementations will lead to lower total cost of ownership, an opportunity to optimize scarce resources, and can also help modernize applications for improved usability."
Liz Moughan, director, retail and hospitality practice group Kronos
"Stakes are rising in retail. The market is more competitive than ever and consumers demand an excellent shopping experience. And retailers want technology vendors to help them focus more on their core business of selling. This ease-of-use and ease-of-ownership factor is of paramount importance today and we remain committed to offering our customers the flexibility they need in how they want to purchase, deploy, and maintain the Kronos solution. The demand we're experiencing in our cloud solution will only grow as retailers fully realize the power of optimizing operations, reducing costs, and improving efficiency with cloud - all of which enable them to invest back in their core business."
- Kronos made this announcement from the National Retail Federation's (NRF) 103rd Annual Convention and Expo being in held in New York from Jan. 12-15. Kronos is exhibiting in booth #2939.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Subscribe to our workforce management blogs.
- Take a look at the lighter side of workforce management in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organizations in more than 100 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR, and labor analytics applications at www.kronos.ca. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
© 2014 Kronos Incorporated. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works are trademarks of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Kronos Incorporated
"We've just seen a huge influx of new partners coming into our ecosystem, and partners building unique offerings on top of our API set," explained Seth Bostock, Chief Executive Officer at IndependenceIT, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Aug. 1, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 659
In a recent research, analyst firm IDC found that the average cost of a critical application failure is $500,000 to $1 million per hour and the average total cost of unplanned application downtime is $1.25 billion to $2.5 billion per year for Fortune 1000 companies. In addition to the findings on the cost of the downtime, the research also highlighted best practices for development, testing, application support, infrastructure, and operations teams.
Aug. 1, 2015 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 156
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Aug. 1, 2015 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 482
For IoT to grow as quickly as analyst firms’ project, a lot is going to fall on developers to quickly bring applications to market. But the lack of a standard development platform threatens to slow growth and make application development more time consuming and costly, much like we’ve seen in the mobile space. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Weiner, Product Manager of the Omega DevCloud with KORE Telematics Inc., discussed the evolving requirements for developers as IoT matures and conducte...
Aug. 1, 2015 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 328
The Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), which enables organizations to seamlessly run in a hybrid cloud model (public + private cloud), is here to stay. IDC estimates that the software-defined networking market will be valued at $3.7 billion by 2016. Security is a key component and benefit of the SDDC, and offers an opportunity to build security 'from the ground up' and weave it into the environment from day one. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Reuven Harrison, CTO and Co-Founder of Tufin,...
Aug. 1, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 519
With SaaS use rampant across organizations, how can IT departments track company data and maintain security? More and more departments are commissioning their own solutions and bypassing IT. A cloud environment is amorphous and powerful, allowing you to set up solutions for all of your user needs: document sharing and collaboration, mobile access, e-mail, even industry-specific applications. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Shawn Mills, President and a founder of Green House Data, discussed h...
Aug. 1, 2015 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 455
Mobile, social, Big Data, and cloud have fundamentally changed the way we live. “Anytime, anywhere” access to data and information is no longer a luxury; it’s a requirement, in both our personal and professional lives. For IT organizations, this means pressure has never been greater to deliver meaningful services to the business and customers.
Aug. 1, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 180
Container technology is sending shock waves through the world of cloud computing. Heralded as the 'next big thing,' containers provide software owners a consistent way to package their software and dependencies while infrastructure operators benefit from a standard way to deploy and run them. Containers present new challenges for tracking usage due to their dynamic nature. They can also be deployed to bare metal, virtual machines and various cloud platforms. How do software owners track the usag...
Aug. 1, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 215
The Internet of Everything (IoE) brings together people, process, data and things to make networked connections more relevant and valuable than ever before – transforming information into knowledge and knowledge into wisdom. IoE creates new capabilities, richer experiences, and unprecedented opportunities to improve business and government operations, decision making and mission support capabilities.
Aug. 1, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 295
Chuck Piluso presented a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. Prior to Secure Infrastructure and Services, Mr. Piluso founded North American Telecommunication Corporation, a facilities-based Competitive Local Exchange Carrier licensed by the Public Service Commission in 10 states, serving as the company's chairman and president from 1997 to 2000. Between 1990 and 1997, Mr. Piluso served as chairman & founder of International Te...
Aug. 1, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 394
There are many considerations when moving applications from on-premise to cloud. It is critical to understand the benefits and also challenges of this migration. A successful migration will result in lower Total Cost of Ownership, yet offer the same or higher level of robustness. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Michael Meiner, an Engineering Director at Oracle, Corporation, analyzed a range of cloud offerings (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and discussed the benefits/challenges of migrating to each offe...
Aug. 1, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 140
Puppet Labs has announced the next major update to its flagship product: Puppet Enterprise 2015.2. This release includes new features providing DevOps teams with clarity, simplicity and additional management capabilities, including an all-new user interface, an interactive graph for visualizing infrastructure code, a new unified agent and broader infrastructure support.
Aug. 1, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 189
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a software development company, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software development company with representative offices in Atlanta (US), Sheffield (UK) and Würzburg (Germany); and development centers in Ukraine. Since 2009 it has grown from a small group of passionate engineers and business managers to a full-scale mobi...
Aug. 1, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 312
One of the hottest areas in cloud right now is DRaaS and related offerings. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Dale Levesque, Disaster Recovery Product Manager with Windstream's Cloud and Data Center Marketing team, will discuss the benefits of the cloud model, which far outweigh the traditional approach, and how enterprises need to ensure that their needs are properly being met.
Aug. 1, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,689
Learn how to solve the problem of keeping files in sync between multiple Docker containers. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Aaron Brongersma, Senior Infrastructure Engineer at Modulus, discussed using rsync, GlusterFS, EBS and Bit Torrent Sync. He broke down the tools that are needed to help create a seamless user experience. In the end, can we have an environment where we can easily move Docker containers, servers, and volumes without impacting our applications? He shared his results so yo...
Jul. 31, 2015 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 790