|By PR Newswire||
|January 16, 2014 08:15 AM EST||
MISSISSAUGA, ON, Jan. 16, 2014 /CNW/ - Kronos Incorporated announced this week at the National Retail Federation's Annual Convention Expo in New York an accelerated rate of retailers around the world are deploying its workforce management solutions to improve brand value and profitability. Many of these retailers have chosen to deploy Kronos solutions in the Kronos Cloud as a way to speed implementation time, resulting in faster return on investment.
- Kronos Cloud deployments enable retailers to achieve rapid return on investment through quicker, easier implementations, as well as high levels of competitive differentiation through improved efficiency and reduced costs. Deploying in the Kronos Cloud also frees up IT resources for other functions, as IT no longer needs to focus on software upgrades, legislative updates, or changes to existing configuration.
- Ultimately, through faster implementation of applications and lower total cost of software ownership, deploying in the Kronos Cloud helps create a more streamlined and simplified operational environment, allowing retailers to focus on providing a superior customer experience.
- Leading retailers have chosen to deploy in the Kronos Cloud, including: Katz Group Pharmacies Inc. with more than 420 convenient Rexall and Rexall Pharma Plus locations across Central and Western Canada; Best Buy, a world-leading multinational consumer electronics corporation; Family Dollar, a leading discount chain of variety stores; Jos. A. Bank, a leading retailer of men's clothing; and PUMA, a multinational corporation that produces athletic and casual footwear as well as sportswear.
- In addition to cloud computing, Kronos continues to aggressively invest in its suite of retail-specific solutions, making them easier and more cost effective for retailers to own. As a result, hundreds of retailers around the world optimize their workforce management practices with Kronos to deliver the experience that their consumers not only expect but demand. These retailers include some of the world's most recognizable brands such as: Coach, a leading luxury leather goods brand; Dick's Sporting Goods, a retail leader in sporting goods; Forever 21, a specialty retailer of clothing and accessories; Neiman Marcus Group, owner of the luxury specialty department store Neiman Marcus; Starbucks, the largest coffeehouse company in the world; and The Container Store, a retail chain that specializes in storage and organization solutions.
- Alex Torres, human resources director, Best Buy Mexico "We selected Kronos for two main reasons. First, Kronos has the longest record of helping retailers around the world successfully optimize their workforce management processes. Second, Kronos offers solutions that are highly intuitive and innovative. We don't know of another workforce management vendor that matches Kronos in innovation, functionality, and ease of use."
Lisa Rowan, research vice president, HR, talent and learning strategies,
"Delivering applications in the cloud will be a key driver for the human capital management market in the years to come and will help this industry remain strong in most parts of the world. Cloud implementations will lead to lower total cost of ownership, an opportunity to optimize scarce resources, and can also help modernize applications for improved usability."
Liz Moughan, director, retail and hospitality practice group Kronos
"Stakes are rising in retail. The market is more competitive than ever and consumers demand an excellent shopping experience. And retailers want technology vendors to help them focus more on their core business of selling. This ease-of-use and ease-of-ownership factor is of paramount importance today and we remain committed to offering our customers the flexibility they need in how they want to purchase, deploy, and maintain the Kronos solution. The demand we're experiencing in our cloud solution will only grow as retailers fully realize the power of optimizing operations, reducing costs, and improving efficiency with cloud - all of which enable them to invest back in their core business."
- Kronos made this announcement from the National Retail Federation's (NRF) 103rd Annual Convention and Expo being in held in New York from Jan. 12-15. Kronos is exhibiting in booth #2939.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Subscribe to our workforce management blogs.
- Take a look at the lighter side of workforce management in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organizations in more than 100 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR, and labor analytics applications at www.kronos.ca. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
© 2014 Kronos Incorporated. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works are trademarks of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Kronos Incorporated
Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is expected in the amount of information being processed, managed, analyzed, and acted upon by enterprise IT. This amazing is not part of some distant future - it is happening today. One report shows a 650% increase in enterprise data by 2020. Other estimates are even higher....
Sep. 30, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,230
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, will deep dive into best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Sep. 30, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,697
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Sep. 30, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 4,485
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Sep. 30, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,257
Businesses are struggling to manage the information flow and interactions between all of these new devices and things jumping on their network, and the apps and IT systems they control. The data businesses gather is only helpful if they can do something with it. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Witeck, Principal Technology Strategist at Citrix, will discuss how different the impact of IoT will be for large businesses, expanding how IoT will allow large organizations to make their legacy ap...
Sep. 30, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 480
From wearable activity trackers to fantasy e-sports, data and technology are transforming the way athletes train for the game and fans engage with their teams. In his session at @ThingsExpo, will present key data findings from leading sports organizations San Francisco 49ers, Orlando Magic NBA team. By utilizing data analytics these sports orgs have recognized new revenue streams, doubled its fan base and streamlined costs at its stadiums. John Paul is the CEO and Founder of VenueNext. Prior ...
Sep. 30, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,265
“We're a global managed hosting provider. Our core customer set is a U.S.-based customer that is looking to go global,” explained Adam Rogers, Managing Director at ANEXIA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Sep. 30, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,220
Apache Hadoop is a key technology for gaining business insights from your Big Data, but the penetration into enterprises is shockingly low. In fact, Apache Hadoop and Big Data proponents recognize that this technology has not yet achieved its game-changing business potential. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, John Mertic, director of program management for ODPi at The Linux Foundation, will explain why this is, how we can work together as an open data community to increase adoption, and the i...
Sep. 30, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,205
"We have several customers now running private clouds. They're not as large as they should be but it's getting there. The adoption challenge has been pretty simple. Look at the world today of virtualization vs cloud," stated Nara Rajagopalan, CEO of Accelerite, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Sep. 30, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,520
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Sep. 30, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 5,158
Developing software for the Internet of Things (IoT) comes with its own set of challenges. Security, privacy, and unified standards are a few key issues. In addition, each IoT product is comprised of (at least) three separate application components: the software embedded in the device, the back-end service, and the mobile application for the end user’s controls. Each component is developed by a different team, using different technologies and practices, and deployed to a different stack/target –...
Sep. 30, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,569
What does it look like when you have access to cloud infrastructure and platform under the same roof? Let’s talk about the different layers of Technology as a Service: who cares, what runs where, and how does it all fit together. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Phil Jackson, Lead Technology Evangelist at SoftLayer, an IBM company, spoke about the picture being painted by IBM Cloud and how the tools being crafted can help fill the gaps in your IT infrastructure.
Sep. 30, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,092
One of biggest questions about Big Data is “How do we harness all that information for business use quickly and effectively?” Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or spatial technology is about more than making maps, but adding critical context and meaning to data of all types, coming from all different channels – even sensors. In his session at @ThingsExpo, William (Bill) Meehan, director of utility solutions for Esri, will take a closer look at the current state of spatial technology and ar...
Sep. 30, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 511
According to Forrester Research, every business will become either a digital predator or digital prey by 2020. To avoid demise, organizations must rapidly create new sources of value in their end-to-end customer experiences. True digital predators also must break down information and process silos and extend digital transformation initiatives to empower employees with the digital resources needed to win, serve, and retain customers.
Sep. 30, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 557
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, wh...
Sep. 30, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,995