|By PR Newswire||
|January 16, 2014 08:15 AM EST||
MISSISSAUGA, ON, Jan. 16, 2014 /CNW/ - Kronos Incorporated announced this week at the National Retail Federation's Annual Convention Expo in New York an accelerated rate of retailers around the world are deploying its workforce management solutions to improve brand value and profitability. Many of these retailers have chosen to deploy Kronos solutions in the Kronos Cloud as a way to speed implementation time, resulting in faster return on investment.
- Kronos Cloud deployments enable retailers to achieve rapid return on investment through quicker, easier implementations, as well as high levels of competitive differentiation through improved efficiency and reduced costs. Deploying in the Kronos Cloud also frees up IT resources for other functions, as IT no longer needs to focus on software upgrades, legislative updates, or changes to existing configuration.
- Ultimately, through faster implementation of applications and lower total cost of software ownership, deploying in the Kronos Cloud helps create a more streamlined and simplified operational environment, allowing retailers to focus on providing a superior customer experience.
- Leading retailers have chosen to deploy in the Kronos Cloud, including: Katz Group Pharmacies Inc. with more than 420 convenient Rexall and Rexall Pharma Plus locations across Central and Western Canada; Best Buy, a world-leading multinational consumer electronics corporation; Family Dollar, a leading discount chain of variety stores; Jos. A. Bank, a leading retailer of men's clothing; and PUMA, a multinational corporation that produces athletic and casual footwear as well as sportswear.
- In addition to cloud computing, Kronos continues to aggressively invest in its suite of retail-specific solutions, making them easier and more cost effective for retailers to own. As a result, hundreds of retailers around the world optimize their workforce management practices with Kronos to deliver the experience that their consumers not only expect but demand. These retailers include some of the world's most recognizable brands such as: Coach, a leading luxury leather goods brand; Dick's Sporting Goods, a retail leader in sporting goods; Forever 21, a specialty retailer of clothing and accessories; Neiman Marcus Group, owner of the luxury specialty department store Neiman Marcus; Starbucks, the largest coffeehouse company in the world; and The Container Store, a retail chain that specializes in storage and organization solutions.
- Alex Torres, human resources director, Best Buy Mexico "We selected Kronos for two main reasons. First, Kronos has the longest record of helping retailers around the world successfully optimize their workforce management processes. Second, Kronos offers solutions that are highly intuitive and innovative. We don't know of another workforce management vendor that matches Kronos in innovation, functionality, and ease of use."
Lisa Rowan, research vice president, HR, talent and learning strategies,
"Delivering applications in the cloud will be a key driver for the human capital management market in the years to come and will help this industry remain strong in most parts of the world. Cloud implementations will lead to lower total cost of ownership, an opportunity to optimize scarce resources, and can also help modernize applications for improved usability."
Liz Moughan, director, retail and hospitality practice group Kronos
"Stakes are rising in retail. The market is more competitive than ever and consumers demand an excellent shopping experience. And retailers want technology vendors to help them focus more on their core business of selling. This ease-of-use and ease-of-ownership factor is of paramount importance today and we remain committed to offering our customers the flexibility they need in how they want to purchase, deploy, and maintain the Kronos solution. The demand we're experiencing in our cloud solution will only grow as retailers fully realize the power of optimizing operations, reducing costs, and improving efficiency with cloud - all of which enable them to invest back in their core business."
- Kronos made this announcement from the National Retail Federation's (NRF) 103rd Annual Convention and Expo being in held in New York from Jan. 12-15. Kronos is exhibiting in booth #2939.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Subscribe to our workforce management blogs.
- Take a look at the lighter side of workforce management in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organizations in more than 100 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR, and labor analytics applications at www.kronos.ca. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
© 2014 Kronos Incorporated. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works are trademarks of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Kronos Incorporated
Successful digital transformation requires new organizational competencies and capabilities. Research tells us that the biggest impediment to successful transformation is human; consequently, the biggest enabler is a properly skilled and empowered workforce. In the digital age, new individual and collective competencies are required. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bob Newhouse, CEO and founder of Agilitiv, drew together recent research and lessons learned from emerging and established compa...
Dec. 3, 2016 12:45 PM EST Reads: 723
When it comes to cloud computing, the ability to turn massive amounts of compute cores on and off on demand sounds attractive to IT staff, who need to manage peaks and valleys in user activity. With cloud bursting, the majority of the data can stay on premises while tapping into compute from public cloud providers, reducing risk and minimizing need to move large files. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Scott Jeschonek, Director of Product Management at Avere Systems, discussed the IT and busin...
Dec. 3, 2016 12:45 PM EST Reads: 3,753
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, discussed the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Dec. 3, 2016 12:45 PM EST Reads: 1,938
Everyone knows that truly innovative companies learn as they go along, pushing boundaries in response to market changes and demands. What's more of a mystery is how to balance innovation on a fresh platform built from scratch with the legacy tech stack, product suite and customers that continue to serve as the business' foundation. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, discussed why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and mor...
Dec. 3, 2016 12:15 PM EST Reads: 1,486
Effectively SMBs and government programs must address compounded regulatory compliance requirements. The most recent are Controlled Unclassified Information and the EU's GDPR have Board Level implications. Managing sensitive data protection will likely result in acquisition criteria, demonstration requests and new requirements. Developers, as part of the pre-planning process and the associated supply chain, could benefit from updating their code libraries and design by incorporating changes. In...
Dec. 3, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 926
"Coalfire is a cyber-risk, security and compliance assessment and advisory services firm. We do a lot of work with the cloud service provider community," explained Ryan McGowan, Vice President, Sales (West) at Coalfire Systems, Inc., in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 3, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 722
CloudJumper, a Workspace as a Service (WaaS) platform innovator for agile business IT, has been recognized with the Customer Value Leadership Award for its nWorkSpace platform by Frost & Sullivan. The company was also featured in a new report(1) by the industry research firm titled, “Desktop-as-a-Service Buyer’s Guide, 2016,” which provides a comprehensive comparison of DaaS providers, including CloudJumper, Amazon, VMware, and Microsoft.
Dec. 3, 2016 11:45 AM EST Reads: 673
"We are an all-flash array storage provider but our focus has been on VM-aware storage specifically for virtualized applications," stated Dhiraj Sehgal of Tintri in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 3, 2016 11:45 AM EST Reads: 442
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Dec. 3, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 2,065
We are always online. We access our data, our finances, work, and various services on the Internet. But we live in a congested world of information in which the roads were built two decades ago. The quest for better, faster Internet routing has been around for a decade, but nobody solved this problem. We’ve seen band-aid approaches like CDNs that attack a niche's slice of static content part of the Internet, but that’s it. It does not address the dynamic services-based Internet of today. It does...
Dec. 3, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 821
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Dec. 3, 2016 11:15 AM EST Reads: 1,624
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Dec. 3, 2016 10:45 AM EST Reads: 791
Major trends and emerging technologies – from virtual reality and IoT, to Big Data and algorithms – are helping organizations innovate in the digital era. However, to create real business value, IT must think beyond the ‘what’ of digital transformation to the ‘how’ to harness emerging trends, innovation and disruption. Architecture is the key that underpins and ties all these efforts together. In the digital age, it’s important to invest in architecture, extend the enterprise footprint to the cl...
Dec. 3, 2016 10:45 AM EST Reads: 2,137
Connected devices and the industrial internet are growing exponentially every year with Cisco expecting 50 billion devices to be in operation by 2020. In this period of growth, location-based insights are becoming invaluable to many businesses as they adopt new connected technologies. Knowing when and where these devices connect from is critical for a number of scenarios in supply chain management, disaster management, emergency response, M2M, location marketing and more. In his session at @Th...
Dec. 3, 2016 09:30 AM EST Reads: 3,926
"Dice has been around for the last 20 years. We have been helping tech professionals find new jobs and career opportunities," explained Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 3, 2016 09:30 AM EST Reads: 827