|By PR Newswire||
|January 16, 2014 11:20 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Jan. 16, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, the Clio Awards, esteemed international advertising, design and communications competitions, announces the launch of Clio Sports and the inaugural Clio Sports Awards, honoring breakthrough work in sports marketing and advertising globally. The winners of the Clio Sports Awards will be announced July 17 at a VIP event in New York. Online submissions open today and will be accepted through March 21.
"Clio Sports recognizes the enormously dynamic and still growing impact of sports on marketing and advertising," said Nicole Purcell, executive director, Clio Awards. "With some of the most powerful and inspiring work coming from this field it's only fitting that Clio recognizes this incredible contribution."
The National Sports Marketing Network (NSMN), the national trade organization for the sports business industry in the United States, was tapped as the Marketing Partner for the inaugural CLIO Sports awards. NSMN played an instrumental role in nominating jurors and will work with the CLIO team to educate the sports business industry on this new initiative.
The CLIO Sports Awards will be given to athletes, leagues & associations, media & news outlets, teams and brands that have produced exemplary work first appearing in public between January 1, 2013 and May 31, 2014.
Judging the Clio Sports Awards is a distinguished panel of jurors comprised of the following executives:
- Lisa Baird, Chief Marketing Officer, United States Olympic Committee
- Dan Belmont, President, The Marketing Arm
- Bruce Binkow, Chief Operations Officer and Chief Marketing Officer, Golden Boy Promotions
- Kathy Carter, President, Soccer United Marketing / Major League Soccer
- Ann Crandall, Chief Marketing Officer, Big East Conference
- Mark Cuban, Owner, Dallas Mavericks
- Mark Ford, Executive Vice President / Group President, Time Inc. Sports
- Ken Fuchs, Vice President of Sports, Entertainment and Game, Yahoo Sports
- Noah Garden, Executive Vice President, Revenue, MLB Advanced Media
- Robert Gottlieb, Executive Vice President, Marketing, Fox Sports 1
- Pam Hollander, Senior Director, Integrated Marketing Communications, Allstate Insurance Co.
- Brian Jennings, Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, National Hockey League
- Jeff Knapple, CEO and President, Van Wagner Sports and Entertainment
- Michael Levine, Co-Head, CAA Sports
- John Miller, Chief Marketing Officer, NBC Sports Marketing Group
- Lisa Murray, Executive Vice President, Chief Marketing Officer, Octagon Worldwide
- Steve Phelps, Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, NASCAR
- George Pyne, President, IMG Sports and Entertainment
- Mike Reisman, Principal, Team Epic
- Jonathan Rigby, Head of Marketing, Manchester United
- Michael Robichaud, Senior Vice President/Group Head, Global Sponsorships, MasterCard Worldwide
- Lon Rosen, Executive Vice President, Chief Marketing Officer, Los Angeles Dodgers
- Mark Silverman, President, Big Ten Network
- Mark Tatum, Executive Vice President, Global Marketing Partnerships, National Basketball Association
- Greg Via, Director, Global Sports Marketing, Gillette / Procter & Gamble
- Mark Waller, Chief Marketing Officer, National Football League
- Casey Wasserman, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Wasserman Media Group
- Dana White, President, Ultimate Fighting Championship
- Russell Wolff, Executive Vice President and Managing Director, ESPN International
- Mark Wright, Vice President, Media & Sponsorships, AT&T
Clio Sports comes after the announcement of Clio Image, an additional extension of the CLIO Awards franchise, which recognizes creative excellence in Beauty, Fashion, Retail & Accessories.
For more information on the franchise, please visit: http://www.cliosports.com.
About The CLIO Awards
The CLIO Awards is one of the world's most recognized awards competitions for advertising, design and communications. The CLIO Awards has maintained its original commitment to celebrate and reward creative excellence, honoring a powerful form of communication and its impact on modern culture. At the same time, the CLIO Awards remains focused on evolving with the industry in order to acknowledge the most current, breakthrough work. To this day, CLIO's iconic statue is the most widely recognized and coveted symbol of the industry's creative accomplishments.
Our mission is to honor the groundbreaking work and talent that push the boundaries of creativity. Everything we do is fueled by our passion for celebrating the power of creativity, provoking action and nurturing your vision. As the standard bearer for visionary communications, we award those creators whose work exemplifies inventive thinking. Celebrating Inspiration. Honoring Imagination. Fostering Creativity. This is the very essence of the CLIO Awards.
Contact: Elizabeth Luke
212 918 2026
SOURCE The CLIO Awards
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, wh...
Sep. 27, 2016 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,580
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, provided tips on how to be successful in large scale machine learning...
Sep. 27, 2016 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,754
Sep. 27, 2016 06:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,585
Sep. 27, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,551
Sep. 27, 2016 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,146
Sep. 27, 2016 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,443
Sep. 27, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,144
Sep. 27, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,973
Sep. 27, 2016 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,083
Sep. 27, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,687
Sep. 27, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,434
Sep. 27, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 989
Sep. 27, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,802
Sep. 27, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,773
Sep. 27, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,937