|By PR Newswire||
|January 16, 2014 11:30 AM EST||
LONDON, Jan. 16, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportbuyer.com just published a new market research report:
Water and Mining Industries will Fuel Competition Among Automation Vendors
This study provides information on the SCADA market across Australia and New Zealand. It discusses the major end users, the main participants who define the SCADA market and the trends influencing the industry (Drivers and Restraints). It also attempts to forecast the revenue by each end user until 2018 besides providing information on the latest developments and trends in the industry. It also identifies the different protocols companies are adhering to in order to achieve and sustain demand for their systems.
• The total revenue generated by the supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) market in Australia and New Zealand (ANZ) grew byX% from 2011 and reached $X million in 2012. The revenue CAGR is expected to be X% between 2012 and 2018, with revenue reaching $Xmillion in 2018.
• Major end users are mining, power and water and waste water industries. Effective resource management is the call of the hour as water supply is inadequate in Australia.
• The rising number of industries focusing on clean energy have increased the demand for such systems. As energy needs are constantly on the rise, new industries in power sector, such as solar and hydroelectric, also promise strong prospect for SCADA systems.
• As with any industrialized nation, Australia places significant emphasis on automation. Major companies host numerous workshops and events in the SCADA and automation space, which is indicative of the immense potential in the country.
• Events are customized to attract investments and participation from international organizations. The importance of a robust SCADA systems is reinforced by the fact that leading corporations in the SCADA space, such as Schneider Electric, are offering certified programs in several countries, including Australia and New Zealand.
• New Zealand will also offer opportunities for the deployment of SCADA systems, wherein industries such as water and wastewater and food and beverage (meat and dairy) will be the major users.
1. Australia's industrialization has been rapid, and with utility management gaining attention, there is always the need for better diagnostics to enable effective query handling, which in turn results in efficient management.
2. Of the two countries discussed in this study, Australia is the larger revenue contributor to the SCADA market. This trend is not expected to change during the forecast period.
3. Australia has more synergy than New Zealand or any other country in the Asia Pacific region. This will facilitate faster adoption of SCADA.
Market Overview—Scope of Study
• New Zealand
• Oil and Gas
• Water and Wastewater
• Others (includes food and beverage, pharmaceuticals, pulp and paper, chemicals and petrochemicals, and textiles)
A SCADA system allows users to monitor and control various remote functions and processes by using communication links between master and remote locations. RTU is a stand-alone data acquisition and control unit. The remote station not only controls input and output of field devices, such as valves, metering equipment, and so on, but also monitors their conditions. Personal computers provide a graphical view of operations to the user and generate historical data as and when required. Programmable logic controllers (PLCs) control the output based on the input in the correct sequence. The major users of SCADA systems are the mining industry, large oil and gas refineries, power plants, and water and wastewater plants.
• Remote Telemetry Units (RTUs)
• Personal Computers (PCs)
• Communication Network
Key End Users:
• Mining: Includes extraction of minerals (coal, iron, gold, and so on) and related products.
• Power: Includes power-generating plants—wind, hydroelectric, nuclear, and coal-fired plants.
• Food and Beverage: Includes factories that transform livestock and agricultural products for immediate consumption.
• Water and Wastewater: Includes water recycling plants, processing/treatment plants, and so on.
• Others: Includes food and beverage, pharmaceuticals, pulp and paper, chemicals and petrochemicals, and textiles.
The base year for the study is 2012 and the forecast period is from 2013 to 2018.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
What are the drivers and restraints in the SCADA market in ANZ?
Who are the major end users of SCADA and will new users adopt this technology in future?
Who are the major participants and what growth will the industry register in the coming years?
What are new advancements that companies have developed to ensure SCADA security?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Total SCADA Market
• External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
• Forecasts and Trends
• Market Share and Competitive Analysis
4. CEO's 360 Degree Perspective
5. Country Breakdown
• New Zealand
6. End User Forecast
7. The Last Word
To many people, IoT is a buzzword whose value is not understood. Many people think IoT is all about wearables and home automation. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Kavis, Vice President & Principal Cloud Architect at Cloud Technology Partners, discussed some incredible game-changing use cases and how they are transforming industries like agriculture, manufacturing, health care, and smart cities. He will discuss cool technologies like smart dust, robotics, smart labels, and much more. Prepare...
Jul. 7, 2015 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,129
In their general session at 16th Cloud Expo, Michael Piccininni, Global Account Manager - Cloud SP at EMC Corporation, and Mike Dietze, Regional Director at Windstream Hosted Solutions, reviewed next generation cloud services, including the Windstream-EMC Tier Storage solutions, and discussed how to increase efficiencies, improve service delivery and enhance corporate cloud solution development. Michael Piccininni is Global Account Manager – Cloud SP at EMC Corporation. He has been engaged in t...
Jul. 7, 2015 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,425
"We have an new division call the Cloud Monetization Division, based on our platform Powua, which empowers enterprises and organizations to take the journey to cloud monetization and to make it a reality," explained Ian Khan, Manager, Innovation & Marketing at Solgenia, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 7, 2015 02:10 PM EDT
Public Cloud IaaS started its life in the developer and startup communities and has grown rapidly to a $20B+ industry, but it still pales in comparison to how much is spent worldwide on IT: $3.6 trillion. In fact, there are 8.6 million data centers worldwide, the reality is many small and medium sized business have server closets and colocation footprints filled with servers and storage gear. While on-premise environment virtualization may have peaked at 75%, the Public Cloud has lagged in adop...
Jul. 7, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,615
SYS-CON Events announced today that MangoApps will exhibit at SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MangoApps provides private all-in-one social intranets allowing workers to securely collaborate from anywhere in the world and from any device. Social, mobile, and easy to use. MangoApps has been named a "Market Leader" by Ovum Research and a "Cool Vendor" by Gartner. 20,000+ business custome...
Jul. 7, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,145
SYS-CON Events announced today that Alert Logic, the leading provider of Security-as-a-Service solutions for the cloud, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo® and DevOps Summit 2015 Silicon Valley, which will take place November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Alert Logic provides Security-as-a-Service for on-premises, cloud, and hybrid IT infrastructures, delivering deep security insight and continuous protection for cust...
Jul. 7, 2015 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,433
In the midst of the widespread popularity and adoption of cloud computing, it seems like everything is being offered “as a Service” these days: Infrastructure? Check. Platform? You bet. Software? Absolutely. Toaster? It’s only a matter of time. With service providers positioning vastly differing offerings under a generic “cloud” umbrella, it’s all too easy to get confused about what’s actually being offered. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Kevin Hazard, Director of Digital Content for SoftL...
Jul. 7, 2015 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,613
The cloud has transformed how we think about software quality. Instead of preventing failures, we must focus on automatic recovery from failure. In other words, resilience trumps traditional quality measures. Continuous delivery models further squeeze traditional notions of quality. Remember the venerable project management Iron Triangle? Among time, scope, and cost, you can only fix two or quality will suffer. Only in today's DevOps world, continuous testing, integration, and deployment upend...
Jul. 7, 2015 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,720
Countless business models have spawned from the IaaS industry. Resell Web hosting, blogs, public cloud, and on and on. With the overwhelming amount of tools available to us, it's sometimes easy to overlook that many of them are just new skins of resources we've had for a long time. In his General Session at 16th Cloud Expo, Phil Jackson, Lead Technology Evangelist at SoftLayer, broke down what we've got to work with and discuss the benefits and pitfalls to discover how we can best use them to d...
Jul. 7, 2015 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,274
SYS-CON Media announced today that CloudBees, the Jenkins Enterprise company, has launched ad campaigns on SYS-CON's DevOps Journal. CloudBees' campaigns focus on the business value of Continuous Delivery and how it has been recognized as a game changer for IT and is now a top priority for organizations, and the best ways to optimize Jenkins to ensure your continuous integration environment is optimally configured.
Jul. 7, 2015 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,439
SYS-CON Events announced today that Solgenia will exhibit at SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Solgenia is the global market leader in Cloud Collaboration and Cloud Infrastructure software solutions. Designed to “Bridge the Gap” between Personal and Professional Social, Mobile and Cloud user experiences, our solutions help large and medium-sized organizations dramatically improve produc...
Jul. 7, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,219
DevOps tends to focus on the relationship between Dev and Ops, putting an emphasis on the ops and application infrastructure. But that’s changing with microservices architectures. In her session at DevOps Summit, Lori MacVittie, Evangelist for F5 Networks, will focus on how microservices are changing the underlying architectures needed to scale, secure and deliver applications based on highly distributed (micro) services and why that means an expansion into “the network” for DevOps.
Jul. 7, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,116
Live Webinar with 451 Research Analyst Peter Christy. Join us on Wednesday July 22, 2015, at 10 am PT / 1 pm ET In a world where users are on the Internet and the applications are in the cloud, how do you maintain your historic SLA with your users? Peter Christy, Research Director, Networks at 451 Research, will discuss this new network paradigm, one in which there is no LAN and no WAN, and discuss what users and network administrators gain and give up when migrating to the agile world of clo...
Jul. 7, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,784
"Plutora provides release and testing environment capabilities to the enterprise," explained Dalibor Siroky, Director and Co-founder of Plutora, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 7, 2015 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,897
Connected things, systems and people can provide information to other things, systems and people and initiate actions for each other that result in new service possibilities. By taking a look at the impact of Internet of Things when it transitions to a highly connected services marketplace we can understand how connecting the right “things” and leveraging the right partners can provide enormous impact to your business’ growth and success. In her general session at @ThingsExpo, Esmeralda Swartz...
Jul. 7, 2015 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,665