|By PR Newswire||
|January 16, 2014 11:30 AM EST||
LONDON, Jan. 16, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportbuyer.com just published a new market research report:
Water and Mining Industries will Fuel Competition Among Automation Vendors
This study provides information on the SCADA market across Australia and New Zealand. It discusses the major end users, the main participants who define the SCADA market and the trends influencing the industry (Drivers and Restraints). It also attempts to forecast the revenue by each end user until 2018 besides providing information on the latest developments and trends in the industry. It also identifies the different protocols companies are adhering to in order to achieve and sustain demand for their systems.
• The total revenue generated by the supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) market in Australia and New Zealand (ANZ) grew byX% from 2011 and reached $X million in 2012. The revenue CAGR is expected to be X% between 2012 and 2018, with revenue reaching $Xmillion in 2018.
• Major end users are mining, power and water and waste water industries. Effective resource management is the call of the hour as water supply is inadequate in Australia.
• The rising number of industries focusing on clean energy have increased the demand for such systems. As energy needs are constantly on the rise, new industries in power sector, such as solar and hydroelectric, also promise strong prospect for SCADA systems.
• As with any industrialized nation, Australia places significant emphasis on automation. Major companies host numerous workshops and events in the SCADA and automation space, which is indicative of the immense potential in the country.
• Events are customized to attract investments and participation from international organizations. The importance of a robust SCADA systems is reinforced by the fact that leading corporations in the SCADA space, such as Schneider Electric, are offering certified programs in several countries, including Australia and New Zealand.
• New Zealand will also offer opportunities for the deployment of SCADA systems, wherein industries such as water and wastewater and food and beverage (meat and dairy) will be the major users.
1. Australia's industrialization has been rapid, and with utility management gaining attention, there is always the need for better diagnostics to enable effective query handling, which in turn results in efficient management.
2. Of the two countries discussed in this study, Australia is the larger revenue contributor to the SCADA market. This trend is not expected to change during the forecast period.
3. Australia has more synergy than New Zealand or any other country in the Asia Pacific region. This will facilitate faster adoption of SCADA.
Market Overview—Scope of Study
• New Zealand
• Oil and Gas
• Water and Wastewater
• Others (includes food and beverage, pharmaceuticals, pulp and paper, chemicals and petrochemicals, and textiles)
A SCADA system allows users to monitor and control various remote functions and processes by using communication links between master and remote locations. RTU is a stand-alone data acquisition and control unit. The remote station not only controls input and output of field devices, such as valves, metering equipment, and so on, but also monitors their conditions. Personal computers provide a graphical view of operations to the user and generate historical data as and when required. Programmable logic controllers (PLCs) control the output based on the input in the correct sequence. The major users of SCADA systems are the mining industry, large oil and gas refineries, power plants, and water and wastewater plants.
• Remote Telemetry Units (RTUs)
• Personal Computers (PCs)
• Communication Network
Key End Users:
• Mining: Includes extraction of minerals (coal, iron, gold, and so on) and related products.
• Power: Includes power-generating plants—wind, hydroelectric, nuclear, and coal-fired plants.
• Food and Beverage: Includes factories that transform livestock and agricultural products for immediate consumption.
• Water and Wastewater: Includes water recycling plants, processing/treatment plants, and so on.
• Others: Includes food and beverage, pharmaceuticals, pulp and paper, chemicals and petrochemicals, and textiles.
The base year for the study is 2012 and the forecast period is from 2013 to 2018.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
What are the drivers and restraints in the SCADA market in ANZ?
Who are the major end users of SCADA and will new users adopt this technology in future?
Who are the major participants and what growth will the industry register in the coming years?
What are new advancements that companies have developed to ensure SCADA security?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Total SCADA Market
• External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
• Forecasts and Trends
• Market Share and Competitive Analysis
4. CEO's 360 Degree Perspective
5. Country Breakdown
• New Zealand
6. End User Forecast
7. The Last Word
What if you could build a web application that could support true web-scale traffic without having to ever provision or manage a single server? Sounds magical, and it is! In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Munns, Senior Developer Advocate for Serverless Applications at Amazon Web Services, will show how to build a serverless website that scales automatically using services like AWS Lambda, Amazon API Gateway, and Amazon S3. We will review several frameworks that can help you build serverle...
Mar. 22, 2017 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 988
Your homes and cars can be automated and self-serviced. Why can't your storage? From simply asking questions to analyze and troubleshoot your infrastructure, to provisioning storage with snapshots, recovery and replication, your wildest sci-fi dream has come true. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Dan Florea, Director of Product Management at Tintri, will provide a ChatOps demo where you can talk to your storage and manage it from anywhere, through Slack and similar services ...
Mar. 22, 2017 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,829
VeriStor Systems has announced that CRN has named VeriStor to its 2017 Managed Service Provider (MSP) 500 list in the Elite 150 category. This annual list recognizes North American solution providers with cutting-edge approaches to delivering managed services. Their offerings help companies navigate the complex and ever-changing landscape of IT, improve operational efficiencies, and maximize their return on IT investments. In today’s fast-paced business environments, MSPs play an important role...
Mar. 22, 2017 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,697
SYS-CON Events announced today that CA Technologies has been named “Platinum Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CA Technologies helps customers succeed in a future where every business – from apparel to energy – is being rewritten by software. From ...
Mar. 22, 2017 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 650
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloudistics, an on-premises cloud computing company, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Cloudistics delivers a complete public cloud experience with composable on-premises infrastructures to medium and large enterprises. Its software-defined technology natively converges network, storage, compute, virtualization, and management into a ...
Mar. 22, 2017 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,018
Keeping pace with advancements in software delivery processes and tooling is taxing even for the most proficient organizations. Point tools, platforms, open source and the increasing adoption of private and public cloud services requires strong engineering rigor - all in the face of developer demands to use the tools of choice. As Agile has settled in as a mainstream practice, now DevOps has emerged as the next wave to improve software delivery speed and output. To make DevOps work, organization...
Mar. 22, 2017 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 637
SYS-CON Events announced today that Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), an industry leader in automated, scalable and secure networks, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Juniper Networks challenges the status quo with products, solutions and services that transform the economics of networking. The company co-innovates with customers and partners to deliver automated, scalable and secure network...
Mar. 22, 2017 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 405
My team embarked on building a data lake for our sales and marketing data to better understand customer journeys. This required building a hybrid data pipeline to connect our cloud CRM with the new Hadoop Data Lake. One challenge is that IT was not in a position to provide support until we proved value and marketing did not have the experience, so we embarked on the journey ourselves within the product marketing team for our line of business within Progress. In his session at @BigDataExpo, Sum...
Mar. 22, 2017 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,133
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm. In his Day 3 Keynote at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Brown, a Solutions Marketing Manager at Nutanix, will explore t...
Mar. 22, 2017 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,080
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm.
Mar. 22, 2017 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 693
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ocean9will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Ocean9 provides cloud services for Backup, Disaster Recovery (DRaaS) and instant Innovation, and redefines enterprise infrastructure with its cloud native subscription offerings for mission critical SAP workloads.
Mar. 22, 2017 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,280
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing Cloud strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @CloudExpo | @ThingsExpo, June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY and October 31 - November 2, 2017, Santa Clara Convention Center, CA. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is on the right path to Digital Transformation.
Mar. 22, 2017 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 8,035
Have you ever noticed how some IT people seem to lead successful, rewarding, and satisfying lives and careers, while others struggle? IT author and speaker Don Crawley uncovered the five principles that successful IT people use to build satisfying lives and careers and he shares them in this fast-paced, thought-provoking webinar. You'll learn the importance of striking a balance with technical skills and people skills, challenge your pre-existing ideas about IT customer service, and gain new in...
Mar. 22, 2017 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,779
"When you think about the data center today, there's constant evolution, The evolution of the data center and the needs of the consumer of technology change, and they change constantly," stated Matt Kalmenson, VP of Sales, Service and Cloud Providers at Veeam Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Mar. 22, 2017 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 7,647
@DevOpsSummit at Cloud taking place June 6-8, 2017, at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long developm...
Mar. 22, 2017 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,587