|By PR Newswire||
|January 16, 2014 11:30 AM EST||
LONDON, Jan. 16, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportbuyer.com just published a new market research report:
Water and Mining Industries will Fuel Competition Among Automation Vendors
This study provides information on the SCADA market across Australia and New Zealand. It discusses the major end users, the main participants who define the SCADA market and the trends influencing the industry (Drivers and Restraints). It also attempts to forecast the revenue by each end user until 2018 besides providing information on the latest developments and trends in the industry. It also identifies the different protocols companies are adhering to in order to achieve and sustain demand for their systems.
• The total revenue generated by the supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) market in Australia and New Zealand (ANZ) grew byX% from 2011 and reached $X million in 2012. The revenue CAGR is expected to be X% between 2012 and 2018, with revenue reaching $Xmillion in 2018.
• Major end users are mining, power and water and waste water industries. Effective resource management is the call of the hour as water supply is inadequate in Australia.
• The rising number of industries focusing on clean energy have increased the demand for such systems. As energy needs are constantly on the rise, new industries in power sector, such as solar and hydroelectric, also promise strong prospect for SCADA systems.
• As with any industrialized nation, Australia places significant emphasis on automation. Major companies host numerous workshops and events in the SCADA and automation space, which is indicative of the immense potential in the country.
• Events are customized to attract investments and participation from international organizations. The importance of a robust SCADA systems is reinforced by the fact that leading corporations in the SCADA space, such as Schneider Electric, are offering certified programs in several countries, including Australia and New Zealand.
• New Zealand will also offer opportunities for the deployment of SCADA systems, wherein industries such as water and wastewater and food and beverage (meat and dairy) will be the major users.
1. Australia's industrialization has been rapid, and with utility management gaining attention, there is always the need for better diagnostics to enable effective query handling, which in turn results in efficient management.
2. Of the two countries discussed in this study, Australia is the larger revenue contributor to the SCADA market. This trend is not expected to change during the forecast period.
3. Australia has more synergy than New Zealand or any other country in the Asia Pacific region. This will facilitate faster adoption of SCADA.
Market Overview—Scope of Study
• New Zealand
• Oil and Gas
• Water and Wastewater
• Others (includes food and beverage, pharmaceuticals, pulp and paper, chemicals and petrochemicals, and textiles)
A SCADA system allows users to monitor and control various remote functions and processes by using communication links between master and remote locations. RTU is a stand-alone data acquisition and control unit. The remote station not only controls input and output of field devices, such as valves, metering equipment, and so on, but also monitors their conditions. Personal computers provide a graphical view of operations to the user and generate historical data as and when required. Programmable logic controllers (PLCs) control the output based on the input in the correct sequence. The major users of SCADA systems are the mining industry, large oil and gas refineries, power plants, and water and wastewater plants.
• Remote Telemetry Units (RTUs)
• Personal Computers (PCs)
• Communication Network
Key End Users:
• Mining: Includes extraction of minerals (coal, iron, gold, and so on) and related products.
• Power: Includes power-generating plants—wind, hydroelectric, nuclear, and coal-fired plants.
• Food and Beverage: Includes factories that transform livestock and agricultural products for immediate consumption.
• Water and Wastewater: Includes water recycling plants, processing/treatment plants, and so on.
• Others: Includes food and beverage, pharmaceuticals, pulp and paper, chemicals and petrochemicals, and textiles.
The base year for the study is 2012 and the forecast period is from 2013 to 2018.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
What are the drivers and restraints in the SCADA market in ANZ?
Who are the major end users of SCADA and will new users adopt this technology in future?
Who are the major participants and what growth will the industry register in the coming years?
What are new advancements that companies have developed to ensure SCADA security?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Total SCADA Market
• External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
• Forecasts and Trends
• Market Share and Competitive Analysis
4. CEO's 360 Degree Perspective
5. Country Breakdown
• New Zealand
6. End User Forecast
7. The Last Word
"We've discovered that after shows 80% if leads that people get, 80% of the conversations end up on the show floor, meaning people forget about it, people forget who they talk to, people forget that there are actual business opportunities to be had here so we try to help out and keep the conversations going," explained Jeff Mesnik, Founder and President of ContentMX, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 30, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,489
SYS-CON Events announced today that Isomorphic Software will exhibit at DevOps Summit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Isomorphic Software provides the SmartClient HTML5/AJAX platform, the most advanced technology for building rich, cutting-edge enterprise web applications for desktop and mobile. SmartClient combines the productivity and performance of traditional desktop software with the simp...
Jul. 30, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,314
"When you think about the data center today, there's constant evolution, The evolution of the data center and the needs of the consumer of technology change, and they change constantly," stated Matt Kalmenson, VP of Sales, Service and Cloud Providers at Veeam Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 30, 2016 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,523
Redis is not only the fastest database, but it is the most popular among the new wave of databases running in containers. Redis speeds up just about every data interaction between your users or operational systems. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Dave Nielsen, Developer Advocate, Redis Labs, will share the functions and data structures used to solve everyday use cases that are driving Redis' popularity.
Jul. 30, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,760
I wanted to gather all of my Internet of Things (IOT) blogs into a single blog (that I could later use with my University of San Francisco (USF) Big Data “MBA” course). However as I started to pull these blogs together, I realized that my IOT discussion lacked a vision; it lacked an end point towards which an organization could drive their IOT envisioning, proof of value, app dev, data engineering and data science efforts. And I think that the IOT end point is really quite simple…
Jul. 30, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,317
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Jul. 30, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,771
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Jul. 30, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,304
To leverage Continuous Delivery, enterprises must consider impacts that span functional silos, as well as applications that touch older, slower moving components. Managing the many dependencies can cause slowdowns. See how to achieve continuous delivery in the enterprise.
Jul. 30, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 580
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, discussed the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to focus...
Jul. 30, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,122
"My role is working with customers, helping them go through this digital transformation. I spend a lot of time talking to banks, big industries, manufacturers working through how they are integrating and transforming their IT platforms and moving them forward," explained William Morrish, General Manager Product Sales at Interoute, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 30, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,275
Up until last year, enterprises that were looking into cloud services usually undertook a long-term pilot with one of the large cloud providers, running test and dev workloads in the cloud. With cloud’s transition to mainstream adoption in 2015, and with enterprises migrating more and more workloads into the cloud and in between public and private environments, the single-provider approach must be revisited. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Yoav Mor, multi-cloud solution evangelist at Cloudy...
Jul. 30, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 639
Aspose.Total for .NET is the most complete package of all file format APIs for .NET as offered by Aspose. It empowers developers to create, edit, render, print and convert between a wide range of popular document formats within any .NET, C#, ASP.NET and VB.NET applications. Aspose compiles all .NET APIs on a daily basis to ensure that it contains the most up to date versions of each of Aspose .NET APIs. If a new .NET API or a new version of existing APIs is released during the subscription peri...
Jul. 30, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,070
Security, data privacy, reliability, and regulatory compliance are critical factors when evaluating whether to move business applications from in-house, client-hosted environments to a cloud platform. Quality assurance plays a vital role in ensuring that the appropriate level of risk assessment, verification, and validation takes place to ensure business continuity during the migration to a new cloud platform.
Jul. 30, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 538
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Jul. 30, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 982
Ovum, a leading technology analyst firm, has published an in-depth report, Ovum Decision Matrix: Selecting a DevOps Release Management Solution, 2016–17. The report focuses on the automation aspects of DevOps, Release Management and compares solutions from the leading vendors.
Jul. 30, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,863