|By Business Wire||
|January 16, 2014 12:26 PM EST||
Mindtree, a global information technology solutions company, announced its results today for the third quarter ended December 31, 2013, as approved by its Board of Directors.
“We are seeing good business momentum and traction with our clients. Our strong deal pipeline, improved client metrics, proven leadership, global right-sourcing delivery model, and ability to attract and retain talent demonstrate our confidence for a promising future. We will continue to invest in technology-led solutions as our clients are favourably responding to it by making Mindtree a significant part of their strategic initiatives,” said Krishnakumar Natarajan, CEO & Managing Director, Mindtree.
Key financial highlights:
- In USD terms:
- Revenue at $127.1 million (growth of 2.5% q-o-q / 15.7% y-o-y)
- Net profit at $14.2 million (decline of 31.5%* q-o-q / 22.7%* y-o-y)
- In Rupee terms:
- Revenue at ` 7,906 million (growth of 2.7% q-o-q / 34% y-o-y)
- Net profit at ` 885 million (decline of 31.2%* q-o-q / 10.4%* y-o-y)
* Due to forex loss in Q3 of FY14 as against forex gain in Q2 of FY14 and Q3 of FY13
- 208 active clients as of December 31, 2013
- $5 million clients grow to 22; $10 million clients grow to 13; $20 million clients grow to 6
- 12,992 employees as of December 31, 2013
- Added 397 employees during the quarter on a gross basis
- Trailing 12 months attrition has declined to 11.6% as compared to 15.1% a year ago
- Multi-year and multi-million wins with leading global clients:
- One of the top 3 global airlines. Mindtree will provide development and support services for its next generation cargo management system
- World’s leading manufacturer of luxury lifestyle home entertainment products. Mindtree has been chosen as the sole software development partner in the area of video technologies for the next generation Digital TV platform and future video products
- Leading global provider of electronic payments solutions to financial institutions. Mindtree has been chosen to provide engineering solutions, platform enhancements, testing and test automation services
- Leading provider of global information & telecommunication solutions for the air transport industry. Mindtree will provide Oracle application support for their business critical strategic finance systems, for this existing client
- Mindtree received the ‘Most Promising Company of the Year’ award from CNBC TV18
- Mindtree won Gainesville Chamber of Commerce’s Business of the Year award for its innovative practices
- Mindtree’s mobility solutions for the retail and logistics industries won SAP® 2013 Industry Mobile App Challenges at SAP’s TechEd event
- Krishnakumar Natarajan, CEO & MD, Mindtree voted as one of India's Top 100 CEOs by Business Today – PricewaterhouseCoopers, 2014.
- Mindtree adds Apurva Purohit, CEO, Music Broadcast Pvt Ltd, (one of India’s largest media businesses) to its Board of Directors, effective January 1, 2014. The Board also elected Parthasarathy N S as an Executive Director, in addition to his role as President, Enterprise Service Lines.
- Dividend announcement:
- As announced earlier, our goal is to gradually increase the payout and move to a quarterly dividend payment mode. In line with this, the Board of Directors, at its meeting held on January 16, 2014, recommended an interim dividend of 50% (` 5 per equity share of par value `10 each) for the quarter ended December 31, 2013.
Mindtree is a global information technology solutions company with revenues of over USD 435 million. Our experts are driven to engineer meaningful technology solutions to help businesses and societies flourish.
Mindtree’s consulting-driven approach makes us a strategic partner to many Fortune 500 enterprises. Our domain expertise, unique culture and technical excellence help businesses thrive and be future-ready. We enable our clients to achieve competitive advantage through flexible and next generation global delivery models, agile methodologies and expert frameworks.
Mindtree’s ability to devise solutions is equally matched by our ability to execute them. Our differentiation stems from a unique balance of human perspective with deep strategic thinking.
Our values - collaborative spirit, unrelenting dedication and expert thinking help us see possibilities where others see a full stop.
Welcome to possible.
Certain statements in this release concerning our future growth prospects are forward-looking statements, which involve a number of risks, and uncertainties that could cause our actual results to differ materially from those in such forward-looking statements. We do not undertake to update any forward-looking statement that may be made from time to time by us or on our behalf.
Please visit us at www.mindtree.com.
© Mindtree Limited 2014
"Matrix is an ambitious open standard and implementation that's set up to break down the fragmentation problems that exist in IP messaging and VoIP communication," explained John Woolf, Technical Evangelist at Matrix, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Oct. 7, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 5,816
Cloud computing delivers on-demand resources that provide businesses with flexibility and cost-savings. The challenge in moving workloads to the cloud has been the cost and complexity of ensuring the initial and ongoing security and regulatory (PCI, HIPAA, FFIEC) compliance across private and public clouds. Manual security compliance is slow, prone to human error, and represents over 50% of the cost of managing cloud applications. Determining how to automate cloud security compliance is critical...
Oct. 7, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 281
Developing software for the Internet of Things (IoT) comes with its own set of challenges. Security, privacy, and unified standards are a few key issues. In addition, each IoT product is comprised of at least three separate application components: the software embedded in the device, the backend big-data service, and the mobile application for the end user's controls. Each component is developed by a different team, using different technologies and practices, and deployed to a different stack/...
Oct. 7, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 174
SYS-CON Events announced today that VividCortex, the monitoring solution for the modern data system, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The database is the heart of most applications, but it’s also the part that’s hardest to scale, monitor, and optimize even as it’s growing 50% year over year. VividCortex is the first unified suite of database monitoring tools specifically desi...
Oct. 7, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 427
NHK, Japan Broadcasting, will feature the upcoming @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley in a special 'Internet of Things' and smart technology documentary that will be filmed on the expo floor between November 3 to 5, 2015, in Santa Clara. NHK is the sole public TV network in Japan equivalent to the BBC in the UK and the largest in Asia with many award-winning science and technology programs. Japanese TV is producing a documentary about IoT and Smart technology and will be covering @ThingsExpo Silicon Val...
Oct. 7, 2015 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 156
There are so many tools and techniques for data analytics that even for a data scientist the choices, possible systems, and even the types of data can be daunting. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Harrold, Global CTO for Big Data Solutions for EMC Corporation, will show how to perform a simple, but meaningful analysis of social sentiment data using freely available tools that take only minutes to download and install. Participants will get the download information, scripts, and complete en...
Oct. 7, 2015 01:45 PM EDT
DevOps and Continuous Delivery software provider XebiaLabs has announced it has been selected to join the Amazon Web Services (AWS) DevOps Competency partner program. The program is designed to highlight software vendors like XebiaLabs who have demonstrated technical expertise and proven customer success in DevOps and specialized solution areas like Continuous Delivery. DevOps Competency Partners provide solutions to, or have deep experience working with AWS users and other businesses to help t...
Oct. 7, 2015 01:45 PM EDT
You have your devices and your data, but what about the rest of your Internet of Things story? Two popular classes of technologies that nicely handle the Big Data analytics for Internet of Things are Apache Hadoop and NoSQL. Hadoop is designed for parallelizing analytical work across many servers and is ideal for the massive data volumes you create with IoT devices. NoSQL databases such as Apache HBase are ideal for storing and retrieving IoT data as “time series data.”
Oct. 7, 2015 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 475
Clearly the way forward is to move to cloud be it bare metal, VMs or containers. One aspect of the current public clouds that is slowing this cloud migration is cloud lock-in. Every cloud vendor is trying to make it very difficult to move out once a customer has chosen their cloud. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Naveen Nimmu, CEO of Clouber, Inc., will advocate that making the inter-cloud migration as simple as changing airlines would help the entire industry to quickly adopt the cloud wit...
Oct. 7, 2015 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 604
The APN DevOps Competency highlights APN Partners who demonstrate deep capabilities delivering continuous integration, continuous delivery, and configuration management. They help customers transform their business to be more efficient and agile by leveraging the AWS platform and DevOps principles.
Oct. 7, 2015 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 116
SYS-CON Events announced today that Luxoft Holding, Inc., a leading provider of software development services and innovative IT solutions, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Luxoft’s software development services consist of core and mission-critical custom software development and support, product engineering and testing, and technology consulting.
Oct. 7, 2015 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 593
As-a-service models offer huge opportunities, but also complicate security. It may seem that the easiest way to migrate to a new architectural model is to let others, experts in their field, do the work. This has given rise to many as-a-service models throughout the industry and across the entire technology stack, from software to infrastructure. While this has unlocked huge opportunities to accelerate the deployment of new capabilities or increase economic efficiencies within an organization, i...
Oct. 7, 2015 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 154
Organizations already struggle with the simple collection of data resulting from the proliferation of IoT, lacking the right infrastructure to manage it. They can't only rely on the cloud to collect and utilize this data because many applications still require dedicated infrastructure for security, redundancy, performance, etc. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Emil Sayegh, CEO of Codero Hosting, will discuss how in order to resolve the inherent issues, companies need to combine dedicated a...
Oct. 7, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 450
Mobile, social, Big Data, and cloud have fundamentally changed the way we live. “Anytime, anywhere” access to data and information is no longer a luxury; it’s a requirement, in both our personal and professional lives. For IT organizations, this means pressure has never been greater to deliver meaningful services to the business and customers.
Oct. 7, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 304
SYS-CON Events announced today that ProfitBricks, the provider of painless cloud infrastructure, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. ProfitBricks is the IaaS provider that offers a painless cloud experience for all IT users, with no learning curve. ProfitBricks boasts flexible cloud servers and networking, an integrated Data Center Designer tool for visual control over the...
Oct. 7, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 745