|By Business Wire||
|January 16, 2014 12:26 PM EST||
Mindtree, a global information technology solutions company, announced its results today for the third quarter ended December 31, 2013, as approved by its Board of Directors.
“We are seeing good business momentum and traction with our clients. Our strong deal pipeline, improved client metrics, proven leadership, global right-sourcing delivery model, and ability to attract and retain talent demonstrate our confidence for a promising future. We will continue to invest in technology-led solutions as our clients are favourably responding to it by making Mindtree a significant part of their strategic initiatives,” said Krishnakumar Natarajan, CEO & Managing Director, Mindtree.
Key financial highlights:
- In USD terms:
- Revenue at $127.1 million (growth of 2.5% q-o-q / 15.7% y-o-y)
- Net profit at $14.2 million (decline of 31.5%* q-o-q / 22.7%* y-o-y)
- In Rupee terms:
- Revenue at ` 7,906 million (growth of 2.7% q-o-q / 34% y-o-y)
- Net profit at ` 885 million (decline of 31.2%* q-o-q / 10.4%* y-o-y)
* Due to forex loss in Q3 of FY14 as against forex gain in Q2 of FY14 and Q3 of FY13
- 208 active clients as of December 31, 2013
- $5 million clients grow to 22; $10 million clients grow to 13; $20 million clients grow to 6
- 12,992 employees as of December 31, 2013
- Added 397 employees during the quarter on a gross basis
- Trailing 12 months attrition has declined to 11.6% as compared to 15.1% a year ago
- Multi-year and multi-million wins with leading global clients:
- One of the top 3 global airlines. Mindtree will provide development and support services for its next generation cargo management system
- World’s leading manufacturer of luxury lifestyle home entertainment products. Mindtree has been chosen as the sole software development partner in the area of video technologies for the next generation Digital TV platform and future video products
- Leading global provider of electronic payments solutions to financial institutions. Mindtree has been chosen to provide engineering solutions, platform enhancements, testing and test automation services
- Leading provider of global information & telecommunication solutions for the air transport industry. Mindtree will provide Oracle application support for their business critical strategic finance systems, for this existing client
- Mindtree received the ‘Most Promising Company of the Year’ award from CNBC TV18
- Mindtree won Gainesville Chamber of Commerce’s Business of the Year award for its innovative practices
- Mindtree’s mobility solutions for the retail and logistics industries won SAP® 2013 Industry Mobile App Challenges at SAP’s TechEd event
- Krishnakumar Natarajan, CEO & MD, Mindtree voted as one of India's Top 100 CEOs by Business Today – PricewaterhouseCoopers, 2014.
- Mindtree adds Apurva Purohit, CEO, Music Broadcast Pvt Ltd, (one of India’s largest media businesses) to its Board of Directors, effective January 1, 2014. The Board also elected Parthasarathy N S as an Executive Director, in addition to his role as President, Enterprise Service Lines.
- Dividend announcement:
- As announced earlier, our goal is to gradually increase the payout and move to a quarterly dividend payment mode. In line with this, the Board of Directors, at its meeting held on January 16, 2014, recommended an interim dividend of 50% (` 5 per equity share of par value `10 each) for the quarter ended December 31, 2013.
Mindtree is a global information technology solutions company with revenues of over USD 435 million. Our experts are driven to engineer meaningful technology solutions to help businesses and societies flourish.
Mindtree’s consulting-driven approach makes us a strategic partner to many Fortune 500 enterprises. Our domain expertise, unique culture and technical excellence help businesses thrive and be future-ready. We enable our clients to achieve competitive advantage through flexible and next generation global delivery models, agile methodologies and expert frameworks.
Mindtree’s ability to devise solutions is equally matched by our ability to execute them. Our differentiation stems from a unique balance of human perspective with deep strategic thinking.
Our values - collaborative spirit, unrelenting dedication and expert thinking help us see possibilities where others see a full stop.
Welcome to possible.
Certain statements in this release concerning our future growth prospects are forward-looking statements, which involve a number of risks, and uncertainties that could cause our actual results to differ materially from those in such forward-looking statements. We do not undertake to update any forward-looking statement that may be made from time to time by us or on our behalf.
Please visit us at www.mindtree.com.
© Mindtree Limited 2014
Join Impiger for their featured webinar: ‘Cloud Computing: A Roadmap to Modern Software Delivery’ on November 10, 2016, at 12:00 pm CST. Very few companies have not experienced some impact to their IT delivery due to the evolution of cloud computing. This webinar is not about deciding whether you should entertain moving some or all of your IT to the cloud, but rather, a detailed look under the hood to help IT professionals understand how cloud adoption has evolved and what trends will impact th...
Oct. 26, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 569
SYS-CON Events announced today that Transparent Cloud Computing (T-Cloud) Consortium will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The Transparent Cloud Computing Consortium (T-Cloud Consortium) will conduct research activities into changes in the computing model as a result of collaboration between "device" and "cloud" and the creation of new value and markets through organic data proces...
Oct. 26, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,471
In the next five to ten years, millions, if not billions of things will become smarter. This smartness goes beyond connected things in our homes like the fridge, thermostat and fancy lighting, and into heavily regulated industries including aerospace, pharmaceutical/medical devices and energy. “Smartness” will embed itself within individual products that are part of our daily lives. We will engage with smart products - learning from them, informing them, and communicating with them. Smart produc...
Oct. 26, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,565
SYS-CON Events announced today that Enzu will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Enzu’s mission is to be the leading provider of enterprise cloud solutions worldwide. Enzu enables online businesses to use its IT infrastructure to their competitive advantage. By offering a suite of proven hosting and management services, Enzu wants companies to focus on the core of their online busine...
Oct. 26, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,409
Qosmos, the market leader for IP traffic classification and network intelligence technology, has announced that it will launch the Launch L7 Viewer at CloudExpo | @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley, being held November 1 – 3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The L7 Viewer is a traffic analysis tool that provides complete visibility of all network traffic that crosses a virtualized infrastructure, up to Layer 7. It facilitates and accelerates common IT tasks such as VM migra...
Oct. 26, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 382
WebRTC adoption has generated a wave of creative uses of communications and collaboration through websites, sales apps, customer care and business applications. As WebRTC has become more mainstream it has evolved to use cases beyond the original peer-to-peer case, which has led to a repeating requirement for interoperability with existing infrastructures. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Graham Holt, Executive Vice President of Daitan Group, will cover implementation examples that have enabled ea...
Oct. 26, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,351
SYS-CON Events announced today that Coalfire will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Coalfire is the trusted leader in cybersecurity risk management and compliance services. Coalfire integrates advisory and technical assessments and recommendations to the corporate directors, executives, boards, and IT organizations for global brands and organizations in the technology, cloud, health...
Oct. 26, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,659
In past @ThingsExpo presentations, Joseph di Paolantonio has explored how various Internet of Things (IoT) and data management and analytics (DMA) solution spaces will come together as sensor analytics ecosystems. This year, in his session at @ThingsExpo, Joseph di Paolantonio from DataArchon, will be adding the numerous Transportation areas, from autonomous vehicles to “Uber for containers.” While IoT data in any one area of Transportation will have a huge impact in that area, combining sensor...
Oct. 26, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,089
November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Penta Security is a leading vendor for data security solutions, including its encryption solution, D’Amo. By using FPE technology, D’Amo allows for the implementation of encryption technology to sensitive data fields without modification to schema in the database environment. With businesses having their data become increasingly more complicated in their mission-critical applications (such as ERP, CRM, HRM), continued ...
Oct. 26, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,151
In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Claude Remillard, Principal Program Manager in Developer Division at Microsoft, will contrast how his team used config as code and immutable patterns for continuous delivery of microservices and apps to the cloud. He will show the immutable patterns helps developers do away with most of the complexity of config as code-enabling scenarios such as rollback, zero downtime upgrades with far greater simplicity. He will also have live demos of building immutable pipe...
Oct. 26, 2016 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,660
As data explodes in quantity, importance and from new sources, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and cloud environments grow with it. Managing data includes protecting it, indexing and classifying it for true, long-term management, compliance and E-Discovery. Commvault can ensure this with a single pane of glass solution – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enter...
Oct. 26, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,515
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloudbric, a leading website security provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Cloudbric is an elite full service website protection solution specifically designed for IT novices, entrepreneurs, and small and medium businesses. First launched in 2015, Cloudbric is based on the enterprise level Web Application Firewall by Penta Security Sys...
Oct. 26, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,280
WebRTC sits at the intersection between VoIP and the Web. As such, it poses some interesting challenges for those developing services on top of it, but also for those who need to test and monitor these services. In his session at WebRTC Summit, Tsahi Levent-Levi, co-founder of testRTC, reviewed the various challenges posed by WebRTC when it comes to testing and monitoring and on ways to overcome them.
Oct. 26, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,207
"Matrix is an ambitious open standard and implementation that's set up to break down the fragmentation problems that exist in IP messaging and VoIP communication," explained John Woolf, Technical Evangelist at Matrix, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Oct. 26, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 9,069
Rapid innovation, changing business landscapes, and new IT demands force businesses to make changes quickly. In the eyes of many, containers are at the brink of becoming a pervasive technology in enterprise IT to accelerate application delivery. In this presentation, you'll learn about the: The transformation of IT to a DevOps, microservices, and container-based architecture What are containers and how DevOps practices can operate in a container-based environment A demonstration of how Docke...
Oct. 26, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,674