|By Business Wire||
|January 16, 2014 12:26 PM EST||
Mindtree, a global information technology solutions company, announced its results today for the third quarter ended December 31, 2013, as approved by its Board of Directors.
“We are seeing good business momentum and traction with our clients. Our strong deal pipeline, improved client metrics, proven leadership, global right-sourcing delivery model, and ability to attract and retain talent demonstrate our confidence for a promising future. We will continue to invest in technology-led solutions as our clients are favourably responding to it by making Mindtree a significant part of their strategic initiatives,” said Krishnakumar Natarajan, CEO & Managing Director, Mindtree.
Key financial highlights:
- In USD terms:
- Revenue at $127.1 million (growth of 2.5% q-o-q / 15.7% y-o-y)
- Net profit at $14.2 million (decline of 31.5%* q-o-q / 22.7%* y-o-y)
- In Rupee terms:
- Revenue at ` 7,906 million (growth of 2.7% q-o-q / 34% y-o-y)
- Net profit at ` 885 million (decline of 31.2%* q-o-q / 10.4%* y-o-y)
* Due to forex loss in Q3 of FY14 as against forex gain in Q2 of FY14 and Q3 of FY13
- 208 active clients as of December 31, 2013
- $5 million clients grow to 22; $10 million clients grow to 13; $20 million clients grow to 6
- 12,992 employees as of December 31, 2013
- Added 397 employees during the quarter on a gross basis
- Trailing 12 months attrition has declined to 11.6% as compared to 15.1% a year ago
- Multi-year and multi-million wins with leading global clients:
- One of the top 3 global airlines. Mindtree will provide development and support services for its next generation cargo management system
- World’s leading manufacturer of luxury lifestyle home entertainment products. Mindtree has been chosen as the sole software development partner in the area of video technologies for the next generation Digital TV platform and future video products
- Leading global provider of electronic payments solutions to financial institutions. Mindtree has been chosen to provide engineering solutions, platform enhancements, testing and test automation services
- Leading provider of global information & telecommunication solutions for the air transport industry. Mindtree will provide Oracle application support for their business critical strategic finance systems, for this existing client
- Mindtree received the ‘Most Promising Company of the Year’ award from CNBC TV18
- Mindtree won Gainesville Chamber of Commerce’s Business of the Year award for its innovative practices
- Mindtree’s mobility solutions for the retail and logistics industries won SAP® 2013 Industry Mobile App Challenges at SAP’s TechEd event
- Krishnakumar Natarajan, CEO & MD, Mindtree voted as one of India's Top 100 CEOs by Business Today – PricewaterhouseCoopers, 2014.
- Mindtree adds Apurva Purohit, CEO, Music Broadcast Pvt Ltd, (one of India’s largest media businesses) to its Board of Directors, effective January 1, 2014. The Board also elected Parthasarathy N S as an Executive Director, in addition to his role as President, Enterprise Service Lines.
- Dividend announcement:
- As announced earlier, our goal is to gradually increase the payout and move to a quarterly dividend payment mode. In line with this, the Board of Directors, at its meeting held on January 16, 2014, recommended an interim dividend of 50% (` 5 per equity share of par value `10 each) for the quarter ended December 31, 2013.
Mindtree is a global information technology solutions company with revenues of over USD 435 million. Our experts are driven to engineer meaningful technology solutions to help businesses and societies flourish.
Mindtree’s consulting-driven approach makes us a strategic partner to many Fortune 500 enterprises. Our domain expertise, unique culture and technical excellence help businesses thrive and be future-ready. We enable our clients to achieve competitive advantage through flexible and next generation global delivery models, agile methodologies and expert frameworks.
Mindtree’s ability to devise solutions is equally matched by our ability to execute them. Our differentiation stems from a unique balance of human perspective with deep strategic thinking.
Our values - collaborative spirit, unrelenting dedication and expert thinking help us see possibilities where others see a full stop.
Welcome to possible.
Certain statements in this release concerning our future growth prospects are forward-looking statements, which involve a number of risks, and uncertainties that could cause our actual results to differ materially from those in such forward-looking statements. We do not undertake to update any forward-looking statement that may be made from time to time by us or on our behalf.
Please visit us at www.mindtree.com.
© Mindtree Limited 2014
According to Forrester Research, every business will become either a digital predator or digital prey by 2020. To avoid demise, organizations must rapidly create new sources of value in their end-to-end customer experiences. True digital predators also must break down information and process silos and extend digital transformation initiatives to empower employees with the digital resources needed to win, serve, and retain customers.
Sep. 28, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 326
As ridesharing competitors and enhanced services increase, notable changes are occurring in the transportation model. Despite the cost-effective means and flexibility of ridesharing, both drivers and users will need to be aware of the connected environment and how it will impact the ridesharing experience. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Timothy Evavold, Executive Director Automotive at Covisint, will discuss key challenges and solutions to powering a ride sharing and/or multimodal model in the a...
Sep. 28, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 430
If you’re responsible for an application that depends on the data or functionality of various IoT endpoints – either sensors or devices – your brand reputation depends on the security, reliability, and compliance of its many integrated parts. If your application fails to deliver the expected business results, your customers and partners won't care if that failure stems from the code you developed or from a component that you integrated. What can you do to ensure that the endpoints work as expect...
Sep. 28, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,710
In this strange new world where more and more power is drawn from business technology, companies are effectively straddling two paths on the road to innovation and transformation into digital enterprises. The first path is the heritage trail – with “legacy” technology forming the background. Here, extant technologies are transformed by core IT teams to provide more API-driven approaches. Legacy systems can restrict companies that are transitioning into digital enterprises. To truly become a lea...
Sep. 28, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 321
IoT is fundamentally transforming the auto industry, turning the vehicle into a hub for connected services, including safety, infotainment and usage-based insurance. Auto manufacturers – and businesses across all verticals – have built an entire ecosystem around the Connected Car, creating new customer touch points and revenue streams. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Macario Namie, Head of IoT Strategy at Cisco Jasper, will share real-world examples of how IoT transforms the car from a static p...
Sep. 28, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,626
Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is expected in the amount of information being processed, managed, analyzed, and acted upon by enterprise IT. This amazing is not part of some distant future - it is happening today. One report shows a 650% increase in enterprise data by 2020. Other estimates are even higher....
Sep. 28, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 4,150
From wearable activity trackers to fantasy e-sports, data and technology are transforming the way athletes train for the game and fans engage with their teams. In his session at @ThingsExpo, will present key data findings from leading sports organizations San Francisco 49ers, Orlando Magic NBA team. By utilizing data analytics these sports orgs have recognized new revenue streams, doubled its fan base and streamlined costs at its stadiums. John Paul is the CEO and Founder of VenueNext. Prior ...
Sep. 28, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,109
One of biggest questions about Big Data is “How do we harness all that information for business use quickly and effectively?” Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or spatial technology is about more than making maps, but adding critical context and meaning to data of all types, coming from all different channels – even sensors. In his session at @ThingsExpo, William (Bill) Meehan, director of utility solutions for Esri, will take a closer look at the current state of spatial technology and ar...
Sep. 28, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 285
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, will discuss the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports. The session will include a working demo and a technical d...
Sep. 28, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,773
Businesses are struggling to manage the information flow and interactions between all of these new devices and things jumping on their network, and the apps and IT systems they control. The data businesses gather is only helpful if they can do something with it. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Witeck, Principal Technology Strategist at Citrix, will discuss how different the impact of IoT will be for large businesses, expanding how IoT will allow large organizations to make their legacy ap...
Sep. 28, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 248
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Sep. 28, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 247
The many IoT deployments around the world are busy integrating smart devices and sensors into their enterprise IT infrastructures. Yet all of this technology – and there are an amazing number of choices – is of no use without the software to gather, communicate, and analyze the new data flows. Without software, there is no IT. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists will look at the protocols that communicate data and the emerging data analy...
Sep. 28, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,724
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management solutions, helping companies worldwide activate their data to drive more value and business insight and to transform moder...
Sep. 28, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,814
Creating replica copies to tolerate a certain number of failures is easy, but very expensive at cloud-scale. Conventional RAID has lower overhead, but it is limited in the number of failures it can tolerate. And the management is like herding cats (overseeing capacity, rebuilds, migrations, and degraded performance). Download Slide Deck: ▸ Here In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Scott Cleland, Senior Director of Product Marketing for the HGST Cloud Infrastructure Business Unit, discusse...
Sep. 28, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,438
Whether they’re located in a public, private, or hybrid cloud environment, cloud technologies are constantly evolving. While the innovation is exciting, the end mission of delivering business value and rapidly producing incremental product features is paramount. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Kiran Chitturi, CTO Architect at Sungard AS, will discuss DevOps culture, its evolution of frameworks and technologies, and how it is achieving maturity. He will also cover various st...
Sep. 28, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,879