|By PR Newswire||
|January 16, 2014 02:34 PM EST||
FORT WORTH, Texas, Jan. 16, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Leading global workwear maker Dickies is proud to introduce the Spring 2014 collection for men, women and kids. Leveraging consumer insights to lead product innovation, Spring 2014 fuses performance work features with all-day comfort and the brand's signature understated style. Whether you're on the job, at school, or working off the clock, Dickies' new selections are built to work. The brand has also evolved some of its iconic pieces this season with new fits, fabrics, colors and additional detailing.
"Dickies customers work across a vast array of industries and jobs as well as having very active lifestyles when they're not at work, so they need clothing that helps them get the job done no matter the circumstances," says Dickies Marketing Chief Matthew McCartin. "We're dedicated to meeting those needs with trusted, top quality products at an unmatched value."
New Dickies selections this Spring include product technology such as FlexFabric; drirelease® with FreshGuard®; performance attributes for a greater range of motion, fast-drying fabrics, stain-repellency, odor neutralization and UPF protection. To allow for additional comfort and protection, the new styles were constructed with purpose-built lightweight fabrics that are breathable and durable.
"At Dickies, we strive to bring cutting edge industry developments to consumers while protecting the workwear heritage we've cultivated over the course of 90 years," says Brian Sheedy, Head Merchant for Dickies. "Our Spring 2014 collection is the perfect blend of innovative, performance workwear with the comfort, durability and reliability for which the Dickies brand is known."
Men's Spring 2014 Highlights:
- FlexFabric – This new technology within Dickies' light and strong comfort workwear story delivers unbeatable maneuverability for extra 'give' in men's bottoms. It includes new wicking with light and strong materials for select twill bottoms styles, including the 11" Cargo Short (style WR556). FlexFabric will be offered in nine new styles and eight colors; and further extends the brand's fit continuum across twill, denim and duck bottoms.
- Dickies Performance System (DPS) – This performance-based product line was developed to keep workers protected and comfortable in all weather conditions. It has been updated with technology to maintain optimal temperature balance, wick moisture and enhance the body's general performance in hot weather conditions. The line now features an assortment of performance tee shirts with drirelease technology (allowing fabric to dry faster than cotton) with FreshGuard (odor neutralizer that will never wash out). Two new styles of the DPS work shirt—the Dickies Deluxe Work Shirt and Ultimate Work Shirt—feature fully-vented, mesh-lined backs for enhanced airflow and cooling; plus UPF 50 sun protection. Lightweight DPS shorts feature quick-drying fabric blends with durability and versatility for all work and hot weather conditions.
Women's Spring 2014 Highlights:
- Expanded Fit Continuum – Dedicated to comfort and fit, Dickies continues to expand the women's fit continuum in bottoms with the expansion of slim fits and the introduction of the curvy fit. Three new fits have been added to women's bottoms including Slim Skinny, Slim Straight and Curvy Straight—all available in a variety of twill and denim fabrics to match every shape and style.
- Dickies Performance System (DPS) – This performance-based product line was developed to keep workers protected and comfortable in all weather conditions. It has been updated with technology to maintain optimal temperature balance, wick moisture and enhance the body's general performance in hot weather conditions. The line now features drirelease technology (allowing fabric to dry faster than cotton) with FreshGuard (odor neutralizer that will never wash out); and UPF 50 sun protection on select pieces. The women's DPS line has added new styles and colors in shirts and jackets, including the women's DPS Short Sleeve Performance Tee and the DPS Lightweight Jacket, ideal for Spring weather.
Kids Spring 2014 Highlights:
- Gymwear – Dickies continues to expand its kids' collection with the introduction of gymwear pieces, including Boy's Fleece Pants, Boy's Mesh Shorts and Pants and Short Sleeve Performance Tees featuring moisture-wicking properties.
- Fit Continuum – Boys' and Girls' bottoms also offer a wide range of fits in denim and twill.
The Dickies Spring 2014 collection will be available online at Dickies.com and at authorized Dickies retailers such as Target, JCPenney and Sears beginning in February 2014. For more on Dickies' key styles for Spring, check out the Dickies Facebook page and Dickies.com.
drirelease® and FreshGuard® are registered trademarks of Optimer Brands.
About Williamson-Dickie Mfg. Co.
Williamson-Dickie Mfg. Co. is the world's leading provider of authentic work apparel, specializing in innovative performance work wear since 1922. The company offers premium quality products at an unmatched value across a vast assortment of apparel, footwear, and licensed goods in more than 100 countries. Williamson-Dickie operates through wholly-owned affiliates in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Europe, China, Japan and the Middle East; exclusive licensees and distributors in Africa and the Asia Pacific region; and under the Dickies®, Workrite®, Kodiak®, Terra®, Walls®, Big Smith®, 10X®, Liberty® and Duxbak® brands. For more information, visit www.williamsondickie.com.
Optimer Brands, formerly known as Optimer Inc., a Sterling Capital Partners company, is based in Chicago, IL, with operations in Chicago, IL. Founded in 2001, Optimer Brands conducts textile research, development and marketing and has a scientific staff credited with over 100 patents and developments. For more information, visit www.drirelease.com.
Williamson-Dickie Mfg. Co.
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Apr. 29, 2017 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,775
Multiple data types are pouring into IoT deployments. Data is coming in small packages as well as enormous files and data streams of many sizes. Widespread use of mobile devices adds to the total. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists will look at the tools and environments that are being put to use in IoT deployments, as well as the team skills a modern enterprise IT shop needs to keep things running, get a handle on all this data, and deli...
Apr. 29, 2017 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,764
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Apr. 29, 2017 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,729
Grape Up is a software company, specialized in cloud native application development and professional services related to Cloud Foundry PaaS. With five expert teams that operate in various sectors of the market across the USA and Europe, we work with a variety of customers from emerging startups to Fortune 1000 companies.
Apr. 29, 2017 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,587
Financial Technology has become a topic of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities. Accordingly, attendees at the upcoming 20th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York, June 6-8, 2017, will find fresh new content in a new track called FinTech.
Apr. 29, 2017 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,628
SYS-CON Events announced today that CollabNet, a global leader in enterprise software development, release automation and DevOps solutions, will be a Bronze Sponsor of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, taking place from June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. CollabNet offers a broad range of solutions with the mission of helping modern organizations deliver quality software at speed. The company’s latest innovation, the DevOps Lifecycle Manager (DLM), supports Value S...
Apr. 29, 2017 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,422
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 add...
Apr. 29, 2017 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,275
The Internet of Things is clearly many things: data collection and analytics, wearables, Smart Grids and Smart Cities, the Industrial Internet, and more. Cool platforms like Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Intel's Galileo and Edison, and a diverse world of sensors are making the IoT a great toy box for developers in all these areas. In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists discussed what things are the most important, which will have the most profound e...
Apr. 29, 2017 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,540
SYS-CON Events announced today that Hitachi, the leading provider the Internet of Things and Digital Transformation, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Hitachi Data Systems, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., offers an integrated portfolio of services and solutions that enable digital transformation through enhanced data management, governance, mobility and analytics. We help globa...
Apr. 29, 2017 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,556
Automation is enabling enterprises to design, deploy, and manage more complex, hybrid cloud environments. Yet the people who manage these environments must be trained in and understanding these environments better than ever before. A new era of analytics and cognitive computing is adding intelligence, but also more complexity, to these cloud environments. How smart is your cloud? How smart should it be? In this power panel at 20th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, pane...
Apr. 29, 2017 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,548
SYS-CON Events announced today that Grape Up will exhibit at SYS-CON's 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on Oct. 31 – Nov 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Grape Up is a software company specializing in cloud native application development and professional services related to Cloud Foundry PaaS. With five expert teams that operate in various sectors of the market across the U.S. and Europe, Grape Up works with a variety of customers from emergi...
Apr. 29, 2017 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,445
@ThingsExpo has been named the Most Influential ‘Smart Cities - IIoT' Account and @BigDataExpo has been named fourteenth by Right Relevance (RR), which provides curated information and intelligence on approximately 50,000 topics. In addition, Right Relevance provides an Insights offering that combines the above Topics and Influencers information with real time conversations to provide actionable intelligence with visualizations to enable decision making. The Insights service is applicable to eve...
Apr. 29, 2017 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,091
SYS-CON Events announced today that Hitachi Data Systems, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi LTD., will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City. Hitachi Data Systems (HDS) will be featuring the Hitachi Content Platform (HCP) portfolio. This is the industry’s only offering that allows organizations to bring together object storage, file sync and share, cloud storage gateways, and sophisticated search an...
Apr. 29, 2017 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 822
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm.
Apr. 29, 2017 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,348
@GonzalezCarmen has been ranked the Number One Influencer and @ThingsExpo has been named the Number One Brand in the “M2M 2016: Top 100 Influencers and Brands” by Analytic. Onalytica analyzed tweets over the last 6 months mentioning the keywords M2M OR “Machine to Machine.” They then identified the top 100 most influential brands and individuals leading the discussion on Twitter.
Apr. 29, 2017 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,548