|By Bob Gourley||
|January 16, 2014 10:37 PM EST||
By Bob Gourley
Editor’s note: I’m very proud to be serving on the Haystax Technology advisory board. This firm is absolutely one to watch. For more see their website at http://HayStax.com – bg
Haystax Technology Names Advisory Board Members
Six Advisors with Defense, Intelligence and Commercial Experience to Deliver Strategic Guidance to Haystax
McLean, VA – January 14, 2014 – Haystax Technology, Inc. today announced its strategic advisory board members. The members include top executives from AEG Worldwide and Lockheed Martin Corp., and high-ranking former officials from government organizations, including the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA), Department of Defense (DoD), Department of Homeland Security (DHS), National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) and National Security Agency (NSA).
“Our goal is to create a world-class advisory board that provides unparalleled strategic guidance for Haystax,” said Haystax Technology CEO William Van Vleet III. “The panel delivers expertise and leadership in the defense, intelligence, military and commercial arenas that will enable Haystax to gain insights into its customer base and fine-tune product and service offerings. Haystax is honored and pleased to have our advisors join our integrated team, and we are looking forward to their counsel and contributions.”
The new advisory board members include:
• Matt Bettenhausen, Vice President and Chief Security Officer (CSO) for AEG Worldwide. Bettenhausen has overall responsibility for security, public safety and preparedness for the domestic and global operations and facilities of AEG, a leading sports and entertainment presenter. AEG that is affiliated with more than 100 of the world’s preeminent facilities, including the STAPLES Center (Los Angeles), Sprint Center (Kansas City, Mo.), Best Buy Theater (New York City), and the Target Center (Minneapolis). Previously, Bettenhausen served as director of the California Office of Homeland Security and Homeland Security Advisor to Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, where he was responsible for developing and implementing a statewide strategy to prevent terrorism and prepare for all potential hazards facing California. He has held a number of senior leadership positions with national and state organizations, such as the chair of both the National Homeland Security Consortium and National Governors Association’s Homeland Security Advisors Council, as well as vice president of the National Emergency Managers Association.
• Bob Flores, Founder and President, Applicology Incorporated. Prior to starting Applicology, an independent consulting firm specializing in informatics and cyber security issues, Flores spent 31 years at the CIA where he held various positions in the Directorate of Intelligence, Directorate of Support, the National Clandestine Service and the Office of the CIO. He also was a representative on several government-wide information sharing committees and councils; and was assigned line and staff management roles in applications programming, training and education, contract and program management. He completed his career as the CIA’s CTO, where he was responsible for ensuring that the agency’s technology investments matched the needs of its mission.
• Bob Gourley, Founder and CTO, Crucial Point LLC. Gourley founded Crucial Point, a technology research and advisory firm providing fact-based technology reviews in support of governments, venture capital, private equity and emerging technology firms. He also serves as editor of CTOvision.com, an award-winning technology blog. As a former CTO for the Department of Defense Intelligence Information System (DoDIIS), Gourley was responsible for establishing and overseeing enterprise wide technology decision-making processes. He provided technical and operational advice and senior technical review regarding DIA and DoDIIS information architectures, data processing, IT systems, applications, networks and communications. He served as the CTO for the DIA, leading its strategic engagements with industry, venture capital and academia. He is a board member for a number of industry and government organizations and is a participant in the National Security Agency Advisory Board (NSAAB) Emerging Technologies Panel.
• Peter Marino, former President and COO, Lockheed Electronics Co. Inc. and Fairchild Industries Inc. Marino has extensive experience in both government and private industry. In the government he held a number of senior positions over nearly 20 years with the CIA. Upon leaving the government he served as president and COO of both Lockheed and Fairchild; senior vice president of E-Systems, Inc.; CEO and president of Fire Arms Training Systems; and senior advisor at Morgan Stanley. Marino serves on 7 corporate boards and chairs 3 of them, including as an advisor for the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, DHS, Department of Defense (DoD), CIA, National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA), National Reconnaissance Office and the CIA’s Senior Advisory Group. He is on the Defense Science Board on ISR, is a principal of The Center for Excellence in Government, chaired The Congressional Commission on the National Imagery and Mapping Agency, and is a senior executive Fellow at Harvard University.
• Lieutenant General (RET) Richard Zahner, former Deputy Chief of Staff for Intelligence, Department of the Army. LTG(R) Zahner is a retired military intelligence professional with service in a number of senior Defense, Joint and Army leadership positions over a thirty-six year career. His last assignments included Director, Signals Intelligence for the National Security Agency; Deputy Undersecretary of Defense (Joint and Coalition Warfighting Support) and Director, ISR Task Force for the Office of the Secretary of Defense; and the Army’s Deputy Chief of Staff for Intelligence. LTG Zahner is a member of a number of boards, including the Technology Directorate Panel of a major element of the intelligence community Advisory Board.
Haystax Technology, Inc. provides next-generation products, systems and service solutions to sift, refine and analyze large, disparate and unstructured volumes of data to reveal undiscovered connections and enable precise, actionable intelligence for government and commercial market clients. In essence, these technologies allow users to find “the needle in the haystack” quickly and reliably. For further information about Haystax Technology, visit www.haystax.com
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his Day 2 Keynote at @ThingsExpo, Henrik Kenani Dahlgren, Portfolio Marketing Manager at Ericsson, discussed how to plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change the...
Feb. 21, 2017 08:30 PM EST Reads: 4,519
For organizations that have amassed large sums of software complexity, taking a microservices approach is the first step toward DevOps and continuous improvement / development. Integrating system-level analysis with microservices makes it easier to change and add functionality to applications at any time without the increase of risk. Before you start big transformation projects or a cloud migration, make sure these changes won’t take down your entire organization.
Feb. 21, 2017 07:30 PM EST Reads: 305
SYS-CON Events announced today that delaPlex will exhibit at SYS-CON's @CloudExpo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. delaPlex pioneered Software Development as a Service (SDaaS), which provides scalable resources to build, test, and deploy software. It’s a fast and more reliable way to develop a new product or expand your in-house team.
Feb. 21, 2017 07:30 PM EST Reads: 1,136
Updating DevOps to the latest production data slows down your development cycle. Probably it is due to slow, inefficient conventional storage and associated copy data management practices. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Dhiraj Sehgal, in Product and Solution at Tintri, will talk about DevOps and cloud-focused storage to update hundreds of child VMs (different flavors) with updates from a master VM in minutes, saving hours or even days in each development cycle. He will also...
Feb. 21, 2017 06:30 PM EST Reads: 2,382
Extreme Computing is the ability to leverage highly performant infrastructure and software to accelerate Big Data, machine learning, HPC, and Enterprise applications. High IOPS Storage, low-latency networks, in-memory databases, GPUs and other parallel accelerators are being used to achieve faster results and help businesses make better decisions. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at NVIDIA, focused on some of the unique ways extreme computing is...
Feb. 21, 2017 06:30 PM EST Reads: 7,554
SYS-CON Events announced today that IoT Now has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6–8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. IoT Now explores the evolving opportunities and challenges facing CSPs, and it passes on some lessons learned from those who have taken the first steps in next-gen IoT services.
Feb. 21, 2017 06:30 PM EST Reads: 1,231
The explosion of new web/cloud/IoT-based applications and the data they generate are transforming our world right before our eyes. In this rush to adopt these new technologies, organizations are often ignoring fundamental questions concerning who owns the data and failing to ask for permission to conduct invasive surveillance of their customers. Organizations that are not transparent about how their systems gather data telemetry without offering shared data ownership risk product rejection, regu...
Feb. 21, 2017 06:15 PM EST Reads: 884
SYS-CON Events announced today that WineSOFT will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Based in Seoul and Irvine, WineSOFT is an innovative software house focusing on internet infrastructure solutions. The venture started as a bootstrap start-up in 2010 by focusing on making the internet faster and more powerful. WineSOFT’s knowledge is based on the expertise of TCP/IP, VPN, SSL, peer-to-peer, mob...
Feb. 21, 2017 06:15 PM EST Reads: 1,541
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, discussed the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports.
Feb. 21, 2017 05:30 PM EST Reads: 1,148
With billions of sensors deployed worldwide, the amount of machine-generated data will soon exceed what our networks can handle. But consumers and businesses will expect seamless experiences and real-time responsiveness. What does this mean for IoT devices and the infrastructure that supports them? More of the data will need to be handled at - or closer to - the devices themselves.
Feb. 21, 2017 05:15 PM EST Reads: 1,753
SYS-CON Events announced today that Dataloop.IO, an innovator in cloud IT-monitoring whose products help organizations save time and money, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Dataloop.IO is an emerging software company on the cutting edge of major IT-infrastructure trends including cloud computing and microservices. The company, founded in the UK but now based in San Fran...
Feb. 21, 2017 04:30 PM EST Reads: 2,315
Big Data, cloud, analytics, contextual information, wearable tech, sensors, mobility, and WebRTC: together, these advances have created a perfect storm of technologies that are disrupting and transforming classic communications models and ecosystems. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Erik Perotti, Senior Manager of New Ventures on Plantronics’ Innovation team, provided an overview of this technological shift, including associated business and consumer communications impacts, and opportunities it m...
Feb. 21, 2017 04:00 PM EST Reads: 6,890
The financial services market is one of the most data-driven industries in the world, yet it’s bogged down by legacy CPU technologies that simply can’t keep up with the task of querying and visualizing billions of records. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Jared Parker, Director of Financial Services at Kinetica, will discuss how the advent of advanced in-database analytics on the GPU makes it possible to run sophisticated data science workloads on the same database that is housing the rich inf...
Feb. 21, 2017 03:30 PM EST Reads: 1,261
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Feb. 21, 2017 03:15 PM EST Reads: 810
"delaPlex is a software development company. We do team-based outsourcing development," explained Mark Rivers, COO and Co-founder of delaPlex Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Feb. 21, 2017 03:00 PM EST Reads: 5,987