|By Bob Gourley||
|January 16, 2014 10:37 PM EST||
By Bob Gourley
Editor’s note: I’m very proud to be serving on the Haystax Technology advisory board. This firm is absolutely one to watch. For more see their website at http://HayStax.com – bg
Haystax Technology Names Advisory Board Members
Six Advisors with Defense, Intelligence and Commercial Experience to Deliver Strategic Guidance to Haystax
McLean, VA – January 14, 2014 – Haystax Technology, Inc. today announced its strategic advisory board members. The members include top executives from AEG Worldwide and Lockheed Martin Corp., and high-ranking former officials from government organizations, including the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA), Department of Defense (DoD), Department of Homeland Security (DHS), National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) and National Security Agency (NSA).
“Our goal is to create a world-class advisory board that provides unparalleled strategic guidance for Haystax,” said Haystax Technology CEO William Van Vleet III. “The panel delivers expertise and leadership in the defense, intelligence, military and commercial arenas that will enable Haystax to gain insights into its customer base and fine-tune product and service offerings. Haystax is honored and pleased to have our advisors join our integrated team, and we are looking forward to their counsel and contributions.”
The new advisory board members include:
• Matt Bettenhausen, Vice President and Chief Security Officer (CSO) for AEG Worldwide. Bettenhausen has overall responsibility for security, public safety and preparedness for the domestic and global operations and facilities of AEG, a leading sports and entertainment presenter. AEG that is affiliated with more than 100 of the world’s preeminent facilities, including the STAPLES Center (Los Angeles), Sprint Center (Kansas City, Mo.), Best Buy Theater (New York City), and the Target Center (Minneapolis). Previously, Bettenhausen served as director of the California Office of Homeland Security and Homeland Security Advisor to Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, where he was responsible for developing and implementing a statewide strategy to prevent terrorism and prepare for all potential hazards facing California. He has held a number of senior leadership positions with national and state organizations, such as the chair of both the National Homeland Security Consortium and National Governors Association’s Homeland Security Advisors Council, as well as vice president of the National Emergency Managers Association.
• Bob Flores, Founder and President, Applicology Incorporated. Prior to starting Applicology, an independent consulting firm specializing in informatics and cyber security issues, Flores spent 31 years at the CIA where he held various positions in the Directorate of Intelligence, Directorate of Support, the National Clandestine Service and the Office of the CIO. He also was a representative on several government-wide information sharing committees and councils; and was assigned line and staff management roles in applications programming, training and education, contract and program management. He completed his career as the CIA’s CTO, where he was responsible for ensuring that the agency’s technology investments matched the needs of its mission.
• Bob Gourley, Founder and CTO, Crucial Point LLC. Gourley founded Crucial Point, a technology research and advisory firm providing fact-based technology reviews in support of governments, venture capital, private equity and emerging technology firms. He also serves as editor of CTOvision.com, an award-winning technology blog. As a former CTO for the Department of Defense Intelligence Information System (DoDIIS), Gourley was responsible for establishing and overseeing enterprise wide technology decision-making processes. He provided technical and operational advice and senior technical review regarding DIA and DoDIIS information architectures, data processing, IT systems, applications, networks and communications. He served as the CTO for the DIA, leading its strategic engagements with industry, venture capital and academia. He is a board member for a number of industry and government organizations and is a participant in the National Security Agency Advisory Board (NSAAB) Emerging Technologies Panel.
• Peter Marino, former President and COO, Lockheed Electronics Co. Inc. and Fairchild Industries Inc. Marino has extensive experience in both government and private industry. In the government he held a number of senior positions over nearly 20 years with the CIA. Upon leaving the government he served as president and COO of both Lockheed and Fairchild; senior vice president of E-Systems, Inc.; CEO and president of Fire Arms Training Systems; and senior advisor at Morgan Stanley. Marino serves on 7 corporate boards and chairs 3 of them, including as an advisor for the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, DHS, Department of Defense (DoD), CIA, National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA), National Reconnaissance Office and the CIA’s Senior Advisory Group. He is on the Defense Science Board on ISR, is a principal of The Center for Excellence in Government, chaired The Congressional Commission on the National Imagery and Mapping Agency, and is a senior executive Fellow at Harvard University.
• Lieutenant General (RET) Richard Zahner, former Deputy Chief of Staff for Intelligence, Department of the Army. LTG(R) Zahner is a retired military intelligence professional with service in a number of senior Defense, Joint and Army leadership positions over a thirty-six year career. His last assignments included Director, Signals Intelligence for the National Security Agency; Deputy Undersecretary of Defense (Joint and Coalition Warfighting Support) and Director, ISR Task Force for the Office of the Secretary of Defense; and the Army’s Deputy Chief of Staff for Intelligence. LTG Zahner is a member of a number of boards, including the Technology Directorate Panel of a major element of the intelligence community Advisory Board.
Haystax Technology, Inc. provides next-generation products, systems and service solutions to sift, refine and analyze large, disparate and unstructured volumes of data to reveal undiscovered connections and enable precise, actionable intelligence for government and commercial market clients. In essence, these technologies allow users to find “the needle in the haystack” quickly and reliably. For further information about Haystax Technology, visit www.haystax.com
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Aug. 23, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,853
Using new techniques of information modeling, indexing, and processing, new cloud-based systems can support cloud-based workloads previously not possible for high-throughput insurance, banking, and case-based applications. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, John Newton, CTO, Founder and Chairman of Alfresco, described how to scale cloud-based content management repositories to store, manage, and retrieve billions of documents and related information with fast and linear scalability. He addres...
Aug. 23, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,745
Enterprises have forever faced challenges surrounding the sharing of their intellectual property. Emerging cloud adoption has made it more compelling for enterprises to digitize their content, making them available over a wide variety of devices across the Internet. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Santosh Ahuja, Director of Architecture at Impiger Technologies, will introduce various mechanisms provided by cloud service providers today to manage and share digital content in a secure manner....
Aug. 23, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 297
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Aug. 23, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,470
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Aug. 23, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,716
As the world moves toward more DevOps and Microservices, application deployment to the cloud ought to become a lot simpler. The Microservices architecture, which is the basis of many new age distributed systems such as OpenStack, NetFlix and so on, is at the heart of Cloud Foundry - a complete developer-oriented Platform as a Service (PaaS) that is IaaS agnostic and supports vCloud, OpenStack and AWS. Serverless computing is revolutionizing computing. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Raghav...
Aug. 23, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 296
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Aug. 23, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,770
Fact: storage performance problems have only gotten more complicated, as applications not only have become largely virtualized, but also have moved to cloud-based infrastructures. Storage performance in virtualized environments isn’t just about IOPS anymore. Instead, you need to guarantee performance for individual VMs, helping applications maintain performance as the number of VMs continues to go up in real time. In his session at Cloud Expo, Dhiraj Sehgal, Product and Marketing at Tintri, wil...
Aug. 23, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 309
SYS-CON Events announced today that Venafi, the Immune System for the Internet™ and the leading provider of Next Generation Trust Protection, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Venafi is the Immune System for the Internet™ that protects the foundation of all cybersecurity – cryptographic keys and digital certificates – so they can’t be misused by bad guys in attacks...
Aug. 23, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,482
SYS-CON Events announced today that eCube Systems, a leading provider of middleware modernization, integration, and management solutions, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. eCube Systems offers a family of middleware evolution products and services that maximize return on technology investment by leveraging existing technical equity to meet evolving business needs. ...
Aug. 23, 2016 01:49 PM EDT Reads: 203
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, will deep dive into best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Aug. 23, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,392
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Aug. 23, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,695
DevOps at Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long dev...
Aug. 23, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,981
To leverage Continuous Delivery, enterprises must consider impacts that span functional silos, as well as applications that touch older, slower moving components. Managing the many dependencies can cause slowdowns. See how to achieve continuous delivery in the enterprise.
Aug. 23, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,357
DevOps at Cloud Expo – being held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the world's largest enterprises – and delivering real results. Am...
Aug. 23, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,307