|By Bob Gourley||
|January 16, 2014 10:37 PM EST||
By Bob Gourley
Editor’s note: I’m very proud to be serving on the Haystax Technology advisory board. This firm is absolutely one to watch. For more see their website at http://HayStax.com – bg
Haystax Technology Names Advisory Board Members
Six Advisors with Defense, Intelligence and Commercial Experience to Deliver Strategic Guidance to Haystax
McLean, VA – January 14, 2014 – Haystax Technology, Inc. today announced its strategic advisory board members. The members include top executives from AEG Worldwide and Lockheed Martin Corp., and high-ranking former officials from government organizations, including the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA), Department of Defense (DoD), Department of Homeland Security (DHS), National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) and National Security Agency (NSA).
“Our goal is to create a world-class advisory board that provides unparalleled strategic guidance for Haystax,” said Haystax Technology CEO William Van Vleet III. “The panel delivers expertise and leadership in the defense, intelligence, military and commercial arenas that will enable Haystax to gain insights into its customer base and fine-tune product and service offerings. Haystax is honored and pleased to have our advisors join our integrated team, and we are looking forward to their counsel and contributions.”
The new advisory board members include:
• Matt Bettenhausen, Vice President and Chief Security Officer (CSO) for AEG Worldwide. Bettenhausen has overall responsibility for security, public safety and preparedness for the domestic and global operations and facilities of AEG, a leading sports and entertainment presenter. AEG that is affiliated with more than 100 of the world’s preeminent facilities, including the STAPLES Center (Los Angeles), Sprint Center (Kansas City, Mo.), Best Buy Theater (New York City), and the Target Center (Minneapolis). Previously, Bettenhausen served as director of the California Office of Homeland Security and Homeland Security Advisor to Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, where he was responsible for developing and implementing a statewide strategy to prevent terrorism and prepare for all potential hazards facing California. He has held a number of senior leadership positions with national and state organizations, such as the chair of both the National Homeland Security Consortium and National Governors Association’s Homeland Security Advisors Council, as well as vice president of the National Emergency Managers Association.
• Bob Flores, Founder and President, Applicology Incorporated. Prior to starting Applicology, an independent consulting firm specializing in informatics and cyber security issues, Flores spent 31 years at the CIA where he held various positions in the Directorate of Intelligence, Directorate of Support, the National Clandestine Service and the Office of the CIO. He also was a representative on several government-wide information sharing committees and councils; and was assigned line and staff management roles in applications programming, training and education, contract and program management. He completed his career as the CIA’s CTO, where he was responsible for ensuring that the agency’s technology investments matched the needs of its mission.
• Bob Gourley, Founder and CTO, Crucial Point LLC. Gourley founded Crucial Point, a technology research and advisory firm providing fact-based technology reviews in support of governments, venture capital, private equity and emerging technology firms. He also serves as editor of CTOvision.com, an award-winning technology blog. As a former CTO for the Department of Defense Intelligence Information System (DoDIIS), Gourley was responsible for establishing and overseeing enterprise wide technology decision-making processes. He provided technical and operational advice and senior technical review regarding DIA and DoDIIS information architectures, data processing, IT systems, applications, networks and communications. He served as the CTO for the DIA, leading its strategic engagements with industry, venture capital and academia. He is a board member for a number of industry and government organizations and is a participant in the National Security Agency Advisory Board (NSAAB) Emerging Technologies Panel.
• Peter Marino, former President and COO, Lockheed Electronics Co. Inc. and Fairchild Industries Inc. Marino has extensive experience in both government and private industry. In the government he held a number of senior positions over nearly 20 years with the CIA. Upon leaving the government he served as president and COO of both Lockheed and Fairchild; senior vice president of E-Systems, Inc.; CEO and president of Fire Arms Training Systems; and senior advisor at Morgan Stanley. Marino serves on 7 corporate boards and chairs 3 of them, including as an advisor for the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, DHS, Department of Defense (DoD), CIA, National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA), National Reconnaissance Office and the CIA’s Senior Advisory Group. He is on the Defense Science Board on ISR, is a principal of The Center for Excellence in Government, chaired The Congressional Commission on the National Imagery and Mapping Agency, and is a senior executive Fellow at Harvard University.
• Lieutenant General (RET) Richard Zahner, former Deputy Chief of Staff for Intelligence, Department of the Army. LTG(R) Zahner is a retired military intelligence professional with service in a number of senior Defense, Joint and Army leadership positions over a thirty-six year career. His last assignments included Director, Signals Intelligence for the National Security Agency; Deputy Undersecretary of Defense (Joint and Coalition Warfighting Support) and Director, ISR Task Force for the Office of the Secretary of Defense; and the Army’s Deputy Chief of Staff for Intelligence. LTG Zahner is a member of a number of boards, including the Technology Directorate Panel of a major element of the intelligence community Advisory Board.
Haystax Technology, Inc. provides next-generation products, systems and service solutions to sift, refine and analyze large, disparate and unstructured volumes of data to reveal undiscovered connections and enable precise, actionable intelligence for government and commercial market clients. In essence, these technologies allow users to find “the needle in the haystack” quickly and reliably. For further information about Haystax Technology, visit www.haystax.com
@GonzalezCarmen has been ranked the Number One Influencer and @ThingsExpo has been named the Number One Brand in the “M2M 2016: Top 100 Influencers and Brands” by Analytic. Onalytica analyzed tweets over the last 6 months mentioning the keywords M2M OR “Machine to Machine.” They then identified the top 100 most influential brands and individuals leading the discussion on Twitter.
Apr. 24, 2017 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 687
Grape Up is a software company, specialized in cloud native application development and professional services related to Cloud Foundry PaaS. With five expert teams that operate in various sectors of the market across the USA and Europe, we work with a variety of customers from emerging startups to Fortune 1000 companies.
Apr. 24, 2017 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,135
Financial Technology has become a topic of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities. Accordingly, attendees at the upcoming 20th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York, June 6-8, 2017, will find fresh new content in a new track called FinTech.
Apr. 24, 2017 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,263
New competitors, disruptive technologies, and growing expectations are pushing every business to both adopt and deliver new digital services. This ‘Digital Transformation’ demands rapid delivery and continuous iteration of new competitive services via multiple channels, which in turn demands new service delivery techniques – including DevOps. In this power panel at @DevOpsSummit 20th Cloud Expo, moderated by DevOps Conference Co-Chair Andi Mann, panelists will examine how DevOps helps to meet th...
Apr. 24, 2017 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 774
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing Cloud strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @CloudExpo | @ThingsExpo, June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY and October 31 - November 2, 2017, Santa Clara Convention Center, CA. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is on the right path to Digital Transformation.
Apr. 24, 2017 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 776
@DevOpsSummit at Cloud taking place June 6-8, 2017, at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long developm...
Apr. 24, 2017 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,092
SYS-CON Events announced today that Hitachi, the leading provider the Internet of Things and Digital Transformation, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Hitachi Data Systems, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., offers an integrated portfolio of services and solutions that enable digital transformation through enhanced data management, governance, mobility and analytics. We help globa...
Apr. 24, 2017 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 701
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 add...
Apr. 24, 2017 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,724
SYS-CON Events announced today that Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), an industry leader in automated, scalable and secure networks, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Juniper Networks challenges the status quo with products, solutions and services that transform the economics of networking. The company co-innovates with customers and partners to deliver automated, scalable and secure network...
Apr. 24, 2017 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 794
The age of Digital Disruption is evolving into the next era – Digital Cohesion, an age in which applications securely self-assemble and deliver predictive services that continuously adapt to user behavior. Information from devices, sensors and applications around us will drive services seamlessly across mobile and fixed devices/infrastructure. This evolution is happening now in software defined services and secure networking. Four key drivers – Performance, Economics, Interoperability and Trust ...
Apr. 24, 2017 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,615
Blockchain is a shared, secure record of exchange that establishes trust, accountability and transparency across supply chain networks. Supported by the Linux Foundation's open source, open-standards based Hyperledger Project, Blockchain has the potential to improve regulatory compliance, reduce cost and time for product recall as well as advance trade. Are you curious about Blockchain and how it can provide you with new opportunities for innovation and growth? In her session at 20th Cloud Exp...
Apr. 24, 2017 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,647
Five years ago development was seen as a dead-end career, now it’s anything but – with an explosion in mobile and IoT initiatives increasing the demand for skilled engineers. But apart from having a ready supply of great coders, what constitutes true ‘DevOps Royalty’? It’ll be the ability to craft resilient architectures, supportability, security everywhere across the software lifecycle. In his keynote at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Jeffrey Scheaffer, GM and SVP, Continuous Delivery Busin...
Apr. 24, 2017 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 433
Multiple data types are pouring into IoT deployments. Data is coming in small packages as well as enormous files and data streams of many sizes. Widespread use of mobile devices adds to the total. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists will look at the tools and environments that are being put to use in IoT deployments, as well as the team skills a modern enterprise IT shop needs to keep things running, get a handle on all this data, and deli...
Apr. 24, 2017 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,153
In recent years, containers have taken the world by storm. Companies of all sizes and industries have realized the massive benefits of containers, such as unprecedented mobility, higher hardware utilization, and increased flexibility and agility; however, many containers today are non-persistent. Containers without persistence miss out on many benefits, and in many cases simply pass the responsibility of persistence onto other infrastructure, adding additional complexity.
Apr. 24, 2017 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,113
Cloud Expo, Inc. has announced today that Aruna Ravichandran, vice president of DevOps Product and Solutions Marketing at CA Technologies, has been named co-conference chair of DevOps at Cloud Expo 2017. The @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, and @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley will take place Oct. 31-Nov. 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Apr. 24, 2017 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,408