|By Bob Gourley||
|January 16, 2014 10:37 PM EST||
By Bob Gourley
Editor’s note: I’m very proud to be serving on the Haystax Technology advisory board. This firm is absolutely one to watch. For more see their website at http://HayStax.com – bg
Haystax Technology Names Advisory Board Members
Six Advisors with Defense, Intelligence and Commercial Experience to Deliver Strategic Guidance to Haystax
McLean, VA – January 14, 2014 – Haystax Technology, Inc. today announced its strategic advisory board members. The members include top executives from AEG Worldwide and Lockheed Martin Corp., and high-ranking former officials from government organizations, including the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA), Department of Defense (DoD), Department of Homeland Security (DHS), National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) and National Security Agency (NSA).
“Our goal is to create a world-class advisory board that provides unparalleled strategic guidance for Haystax,” said Haystax Technology CEO William Van Vleet III. “The panel delivers expertise and leadership in the defense, intelligence, military and commercial arenas that will enable Haystax to gain insights into its customer base and fine-tune product and service offerings. Haystax is honored and pleased to have our advisors join our integrated team, and we are looking forward to their counsel and contributions.”
The new advisory board members include:
• Matt Bettenhausen, Vice President and Chief Security Officer (CSO) for AEG Worldwide. Bettenhausen has overall responsibility for security, public safety and preparedness for the domestic and global operations and facilities of AEG, a leading sports and entertainment presenter. AEG that is affiliated with more than 100 of the world’s preeminent facilities, including the STAPLES Center (Los Angeles), Sprint Center (Kansas City, Mo.), Best Buy Theater (New York City), and the Target Center (Minneapolis). Previously, Bettenhausen served as director of the California Office of Homeland Security and Homeland Security Advisor to Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, where he was responsible for developing and implementing a statewide strategy to prevent terrorism and prepare for all potential hazards facing California. He has held a number of senior leadership positions with national and state organizations, such as the chair of both the National Homeland Security Consortium and National Governors Association’s Homeland Security Advisors Council, as well as vice president of the National Emergency Managers Association.
• Bob Flores, Founder and President, Applicology Incorporated. Prior to starting Applicology, an independent consulting firm specializing in informatics and cyber security issues, Flores spent 31 years at the CIA where he held various positions in the Directorate of Intelligence, Directorate of Support, the National Clandestine Service and the Office of the CIO. He also was a representative on several government-wide information sharing committees and councils; and was assigned line and staff management roles in applications programming, training and education, contract and program management. He completed his career as the CIA’s CTO, where he was responsible for ensuring that the agency’s technology investments matched the needs of its mission.
• Bob Gourley, Founder and CTO, Crucial Point LLC. Gourley founded Crucial Point, a technology research and advisory firm providing fact-based technology reviews in support of governments, venture capital, private equity and emerging technology firms. He also serves as editor of CTOvision.com, an award-winning technology blog. As a former CTO for the Department of Defense Intelligence Information System (DoDIIS), Gourley was responsible for establishing and overseeing enterprise wide technology decision-making processes. He provided technical and operational advice and senior technical review regarding DIA and DoDIIS information architectures, data processing, IT systems, applications, networks and communications. He served as the CTO for the DIA, leading its strategic engagements with industry, venture capital and academia. He is a board member for a number of industry and government organizations and is a participant in the National Security Agency Advisory Board (NSAAB) Emerging Technologies Panel.
• Peter Marino, former President and COO, Lockheed Electronics Co. Inc. and Fairchild Industries Inc. Marino has extensive experience in both government and private industry. In the government he held a number of senior positions over nearly 20 years with the CIA. Upon leaving the government he served as president and COO of both Lockheed and Fairchild; senior vice president of E-Systems, Inc.; CEO and president of Fire Arms Training Systems; and senior advisor at Morgan Stanley. Marino serves on 7 corporate boards and chairs 3 of them, including as an advisor for the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, DHS, Department of Defense (DoD), CIA, National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA), National Reconnaissance Office and the CIA’s Senior Advisory Group. He is on the Defense Science Board on ISR, is a principal of The Center for Excellence in Government, chaired The Congressional Commission on the National Imagery and Mapping Agency, and is a senior executive Fellow at Harvard University.
• Lieutenant General (RET) Richard Zahner, former Deputy Chief of Staff for Intelligence, Department of the Army. LTG(R) Zahner is a retired military intelligence professional with service in a number of senior Defense, Joint and Army leadership positions over a thirty-six year career. His last assignments included Director, Signals Intelligence for the National Security Agency; Deputy Undersecretary of Defense (Joint and Coalition Warfighting Support) and Director, ISR Task Force for the Office of the Secretary of Defense; and the Army’s Deputy Chief of Staff for Intelligence. LTG Zahner is a member of a number of boards, including the Technology Directorate Panel of a major element of the intelligence community Advisory Board.
Haystax Technology, Inc. provides next-generation products, systems and service solutions to sift, refine and analyze large, disparate and unstructured volumes of data to reveal undiscovered connections and enable precise, actionable intelligence for government and commercial market clients. In essence, these technologies allow users to find “the needle in the haystack” quickly and reliably. For further information about Haystax Technology, visit www.haystax.com
Get deep visibility into the performance of your databases and expert advice for performance optimization and tuning. You can't get application performance without database performance. Give everyone on the team a comprehensive view of how every aspect of the system affects performance across SQL database operations, host server and OS, virtualization resources and storage I/O. Quickly find bottlenecks and troubleshoot complex problems.
Dec. 6, 2016 12:30 PM EST Reads: 2,088
"Dice has been around for the last 20 years. We have been helping tech professionals find new jobs and career opportunities," explained Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 6, 2016 12:30 PM EST Reads: 1,003
An IoT product’s log files speak volumes about what’s happening with your products in the field, pinpointing current and potential issues, and enabling you to predict failures and save millions of dollars in inventory. But until recently, no one knew how to listen. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dan Gettens, Chief Research Officer at OnProcess, discussed recent research by Massachusetts Institute of Technology and OnProcess Technology, where MIT created a new, breakthrough analytics model for ...
Dec. 6, 2016 12:28 PM EST Reads: 102
Internet of @ThingsExpo has announced today that Chris Matthieu has been named tech chair of Internet of @ThingsExpo 2017 New York The 7th Internet of @ThingsExpo will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York. Chris Matthieu is the co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, a revolutionary real-time IoT platform recently acquired by Citrix. Octoblu connects things, systems, people and clouds to a global mesh network allowing users to automate and control design flo...
Dec. 6, 2016 11:54 AM EST
SYS-CON Events has announced today that Roger Strukhoff has been named conference chair of Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo 2017 New York. The 20th Cloud Expo and 7th @ThingsExpo will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. "The Internet of Things brings trillions of dollars of opportunity to developers and enterprise IT, no matter how you measure it," stated Roger Strukhoff. "More importantly, it leverages the power of devices and the Internet to enable us all to im...
Dec. 6, 2016 11:45 AM EST Reads: 287
Rapid innovation, changing business landscapes, and new IT demands force businesses to make changes quickly. In the eyes of many, containers are at the brink of becoming a pervasive technology in enterprise IT to accelerate application delivery. In this presentation, attendees learned about the: The transformation of IT to a DevOps, microservices, and container-based architecture What are containers and how DevOps practices can operate in a container-based environment A demonstration of how ...
Dec. 6, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 1,013
"At ROHA we develop an app called Catcha. It was developed after we spent a year meeting with, talking to, interacting with senior citizens watching them use their smartphones and talking to them about how they use their smartphones so we could get to know their smartphone behavior," explained Dave Woods, Chief Innovation Officer at ROHA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 6, 2016 11:15 AM EST Reads: 417
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Dec. 6, 2016 11:00 AM EST Reads: 563
"Venafi has a platform that allows you to manage, centralize and automate the complete life cycle of keys and certificates within the organization," explained Gina Osmond, Sr. Field Marketing Manager at Venafi, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 6, 2016 10:30 AM EST Reads: 959
Effectively SMBs and government programs must address compounded regulatory compliance requirements. The most recent are Controlled Unclassified Information and the EU's GDPR have Board Level implications. Managing sensitive data protection will likely result in acquisition criteria, demonstration requests and new requirements. Developers, as part of the pre-planning process and the associated supply chain, could benefit from updating their code libraries and design by incorporating changes. In...
Dec. 6, 2016 10:30 AM EST Reads: 1,173
"ReadyTalk is an audio and web video conferencing provider. We've really come to embrace WebRTC as the platform for our future of technology," explained Dan Cunningham, CTO of ReadyTalk, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at WebRTC Summit at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 6, 2016 10:15 AM EST Reads: 545
Financial Technology has become a topic of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities. Accordingly, attendees at the upcoming 20th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York, June 6-8, 2017, will find fresh new content in a new track called FinTech.
Dec. 6, 2016 09:15 AM EST Reads: 2,146
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
Dec. 6, 2016 09:00 AM EST Reads: 3,967
Keeping pace with advancements in software delivery processes and tooling is taxing even for the most proficient organizations. Point tools, platforms, open source and the increasing adoption of private and public cloud services requires strong engineering rigor – all in the face of developer demands to use the tools of choice. As Agile has settled in as a mainstream practice, now DevOps has emerged as the next wave to improve software delivery speed and output. To make DevOps work, organization...
Dec. 6, 2016 09:00 AM EST Reads: 5,813
"Qosmos has launched L7Viewer, a network traffic analysis tool, so it analyzes all the traffic between the virtual machine and the data center and the virtual machine and the external world," stated Sebastien Synold, Product Line Manager at Qosmos, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 6, 2016 09:00 AM EST Reads: 713