|By PR Newswire||
|January 20, 2014 07:00 AM EST||
BELOIT, Wis., Jan. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- FatWallet.com, the one-stop resource for smart shoppers, announced results from its 2014 TV Buyer Survey* (TNS Global). Of those surveyed online, 30% said they will purchase a new TV this year (35% males and 38% under age 30). Almost one third of those will buy a TV during Super Bowl sales. The survey also reveals that their purchasing decisions are influenced most by price (45%), followed by TV features (35%) and brand (20%).
Key survey results for those that said they will purchase a new TV this year:
- Almost one third (32%) are most likely to buy a new TV during Super Bowl sales, 25% during Black Friday sales, 8% during December/Holiday, 6% during Cyber Monday and 18% noted a wide variety of other seasonal sales event throughout the year.
- More than half said they will spend less than $500 with 14% to spend less than $300, 34% between $300-$499, 34% between $500-$699 and 32% will spend $700 or more.
- Samsung was top choice for TV buyers (33%), especially with higher annual income shoppers, and is almost twice as popular as Sony (18%), followed by LG (16%) and Vizio (14%) rounding out the top four. Only 4% said they will most likely buy a budget brand TV in 2014.
- The majority of TV buyers (80%) will seek 1080p resolution and more than one third (35%) prefer it to have "smart" capabilities (45% under age 50). Only 6% said they will be buying a 4K TV (surprisingly 10% for those with an annual income under $30k), while 14% are still satisfied buying a 720p TV.
- Mid-size 40-54" TV models are most popular with 45% (56% under age 30), while 31% will buy a new TV 55" or bigger. Only 6% will purchase a new TV 70" or bigger.
- Surprisingly, more than 7% said they will make their TV purchase via mobile device.
"The Super Bowl offers the perfect storm for shoppers to improve their game watching experience while saving money on a high quality, big-ticket item," states Brent Shelton, FatWallet spokesperson. "The FatWallet site offers online shoppers a variety of resources to help them make a smarter TV purchasing decision." FatWallet features the most current coupons and discounts from hundreds of top retailers, with the bonus of cash back on thousands of electronics, home theater and TV deals, every day of the year.
About FatWallet: As the preferred online coupons and cash back shopping resource for millions of smart consumers, and home of the Black Friday Deal Finder, FatWallet.com works closely with 1,500+ retailers like Best Buy, Newegg, Walmart and Amazon to publish special offers, discounts, coupon codes and Cash Back rewards to its members. The much celebrated FatWallet forums represent the pulse of an evolving online marketplace where smart consumers gather to share and learn. FatWallet is owned by Ebates, Inc. who owns and operates the world's most rewarding shopping programs.
*The national survey conducted online by TNS on behalf of FatWallet.com in July 2013 was fielded among 1,000 adults ages 18 or older.
CONTACT: Brent Shelton, FatWallet.com, [email protected], 888.634.0098 x236
Dec. 4, 2016 08:30 PM EST Reads: 1,795
Dec. 4, 2016 07:00 PM EST Reads: 4,899
Dec. 4, 2016 06:30 PM EST Reads: 2,161
Dec. 4, 2016 06:30 PM EST Reads: 2,025
Dec. 4, 2016 06:30 PM EST Reads: 546
Dec. 4, 2016 06:00 PM EST Reads: 1,534
Dec. 4, 2016 05:45 PM EST Reads: 1,516
Dec. 4, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 1,639
Dec. 4, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 605
Dec. 4, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 4,159
Dec. 4, 2016 03:00 PM EST Reads: 3,251
Dec. 4, 2016 03:00 PM EST Reads: 2,524
Dec. 4, 2016 02:15 PM EST Reads: 2,001
Dec. 4, 2016 02:00 PM EST Reads: 934
Dec. 4, 2016 02:00 PM EST Reads: 1,904