|By PR Newswire||
|January 20, 2014 07:32 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Jan. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Portable Water Purification (Technical Insights)
Providing Mobile Safe Drinking Water
Research Objective and Scope
The objective of this research is to report on the market penetration of portable water purification technologies and map its technological development until the year 2020. The research scope is water treatment for drinking, as portable systems have a more significant and important impact on water purification for drinking than on industrial wastewater treatment. The sources of water considered are freshwater, groundwater, brackish water, and seawater. Thus, the scope excludes water recycling from wastewater treatment.
Briefly, this research service provides:
- A snapshot of the most important and relevant portable water purification technologies and their capabilities.
- Market impact assessment and analysis of key innovations and technology and business accelerators and challenges in the field of portable water purification.
- An assessment of technology adoption levels by region and by technology and an analysis of end users' expectations of the technologies.
- An evaluation of emerging opportunities, technology roadmapping and recommendations for technology development and management.
- Some key patents that provide an insight into notable activities and global participants and a detailed list of contacts in the field, which includes names, titles, addresses, phone numbers, e-mail IDs, and Website URLs.
- The biggest challenge in the industry is the people's lack of knowledge about the benefits of advanced portable water purification technologies over more conventional or popular systems that are less effective or sustainable.
- Emerging technologies that would contribute to portable water purification such as capacitive deionization and membrane distillation are entering the market. Potential technologies utilizing graphene membranes, micro devices and microscale processes are in the R&D stage.
- Key innovations impacting the portable water purification market are nanotechnology, the use of renewable energy, and innovative technologies that increase flexibility of application and enable economically viable small-scale solutions.
- The most relevant and important technologies for portable water purification for drinking, which is the scope of this research report, are advanced filtration, adsorption/absorption, chemical treatment, novel filtration, advanced oxidation, membrane electro-separation, and distillation.
- Novel filtration technologies are the most widely employed at present and is expected to remain relevant as they offer the most possibilities for portable water purification. In future, technologies such as advanced oxidation and electro-separation technologies can be expected to dominate the market.
- Simplicity and reliability are the key features that consumers look for in portable water purifiers. New innovations, though may be more effective, will have to be further developed until they have reached the desired level of simplicity and handiness before they can be expected to gain significant market adoption.
- Population growth, climate change, stricter regulations for drinking water and groundwater, and the need for emergency preparedness present high-growth opportunities for portable water purification technologies.
- Portable water purification technologies are most adopted in North America, followed by Europe. In Asia, their market penetration is increasing. They are in great demand in water-scarce regions such as Africa and the Middle East, especially for desalination.
Technology Snapshot and Trends
- Technology Capability
- Technology Value Chain
Impact Assessment and Analysis
- Market Impact of Key Innovations
- Market Impact of Technology/Business Accelerators
- Market Impact of Technology/Business Challenges
- Impact Mapping of Accelerators and Challenges
Diffusion of Innovations and Needs Assessment
- Technology Adoption Cycle According to Region
- Technology Adoption Cycle According to Technology
- Demand Side Analysis
Opportunity Evaluation and Roadmapping
- Scenario Modeling and Emerging Opportunities
- Emerging Opportunities Categorized According to End Users
- Technology Roadmap
- Technology Management Strategies
- Some Key Patents
- Contact Details
The Frost & Sullivan Story
To order this report: Portable Water Purification (Technical Insights)
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
Containers have changed the mind of IT in DevOps. They enable developers to work with dev, test, stage and production environments identically. Containers provide the right abstraction for microservices and many cloud platforms have integrated them into deployment pipelines. DevOps and containers together help companies achieve their business goals faster and more effectively. In his session at DevOps Summit, Ruslan Synytsky, CEO and Co-founder of Jelastic, reviewed the current landscape of Dev...
Jan. 16, 2017 05:00 PM EST Reads: 3,942
In his General Session at DevOps Summit, Asaf Yigal, Co-Founder & VP of Product at Logz.io, will explore the value of Kibana 4 for log analysis and will give a real live, hands-on tutorial on how to set up Kibana 4 and get the most out of Apache log files. He will examine three use cases: IT operations, business intelligence, and security and compliance. This is a hands-on session that will require participants to bring their own laptops, and we will provide the rest.
Jan. 16, 2017 03:30 PM EST Reads: 4,811
When you focus on a journey from up-close, you look at your own technical and cultural history and how you changed it for the benefit of the customer. This was our starting point: too many integration issues, 13 SWP days and very long cycles. It was evident that in this fast-paced industry we could no longer afford this reality. We needed something that would take us beyond reducing the development lifecycles, CI and Agile methodologies. We made a fundamental difference, even changed our culture...
Jan. 16, 2017 03:15 PM EST Reads: 377
IoT is at the core or many Digital Transformation initiatives with the goal of re-inventing a company's business model. We all agree that collecting relevant IoT data will result in massive amounts of data needing to be stored. However, with the rapid development of IoT devices and ongoing business model transformation, we are not able to predict the volume and growth of IoT data. And with the lack of IoT history, traditional methods of IT and infrastructure planning based on the past do not app...
Jan. 16, 2017 03:15 PM EST Reads: 293
"LinearHub provides smart video conferencing, which is the Roundee service, and we archive all the video conferences and we also provide the transcript," stated Sunghyuk Kim, CEO of LinearHub, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 16, 2017 02:30 PM EST Reads: 1,539
"We're bringing out a new application monitoring system to the DevOps space. It manages large enterprise applications that are distributed throughout a node in many enterprises and we manage them as one collective," explained Kevin Barnes, President of eCube Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 16, 2017 02:15 PM EST Reads: 5,242
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Jan. 16, 2017 01:45 PM EST Reads: 3,583
All organizations that did not originate this moment have a pre-existing culture as well as legacy technology and processes that can be more or less amenable to DevOps implementation. That organizational culture is influenced by the personalities and management styles of Executive Management, the wider culture in which the organization is situated, and the personalities of key team members at all levels of the organization. This culture and entrenched interests usually throw a wrench in the work...
Jan. 16, 2017 01:35 PM EST Reads: 244
@DevOpsSummit at Cloud taking place June 6-8, 2017, at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long developm...
Jan. 16, 2017 01:30 PM EST Reads: 3,299
In a recent research, analyst firm IDC found that the average cost of a critical application failure is $500,000 to $1 million per hour and the average total cost of unplanned application downtime is $1.25 billion to $2.5 billion per year for Fortune 1000 companies. In addition to the findings on the cost of the downtime, the research also highlighted best practices for development, testing, application support, infrastructure, and operations teams.
Jan. 16, 2017 01:00 PM EST Reads: 3,626
Updating DevOps to the latest production data slows down your development cycle. Probably it is due to slow, inefficient conventional storage and associated copy data management practices. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Dhiraj Sehgal, in Product and Solution at Tintri, will talk about DevOps and cloud-focused storage to update hundreds of child VMs (different flavors) with updates from a master VM in minutes, saving hours or even days in each development cycle. He will also...
Jan. 16, 2017 01:00 PM EST Reads: 1,020
"There's a growing demand from users for things to be faster. When you think about all the transactions or interactions users will have with your product and everything that is between those transactions and interactions - what drives us at Catchpoint Systems is the idea to measure that and to analyze it," explained Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York Ci...
Jan. 16, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 5,462
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Jan. 16, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 4,996
@DevOpsSummit taking place June 6-8, 2017 at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Jan. 16, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 3,348
A look across the tech landscape at the disruptive technologies that are increasing in prominence and speculate as to which will be most impactful for communications – namely, AI and Cloud Computing. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Curtis Peterson, VP of Operations at RingCentral, will highlight the current challenges of these transformative technologies and share strategies for preparing your organization for these changes. This “view from the top” will outline the latest trends and developm...
Jan. 16, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 824