|By PR Newswire||
|January 20, 2014 07:32 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Jan. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Portable Water Purification (Technical Insights)
Providing Mobile Safe Drinking Water
Research Objective and Scope
The objective of this research is to report on the market penetration of portable water purification technologies and map its technological development until the year 2020. The research scope is water treatment for drinking, as portable systems have a more significant and important impact on water purification for drinking than on industrial wastewater treatment. The sources of water considered are freshwater, groundwater, brackish water, and seawater. Thus, the scope excludes water recycling from wastewater treatment.
Briefly, this research service provides:
- A snapshot of the most important and relevant portable water purification technologies and their capabilities.
- Market impact assessment and analysis of key innovations and technology and business accelerators and challenges in the field of portable water purification.
- An assessment of technology adoption levels by region and by technology and an analysis of end users' expectations of the technologies.
- An evaluation of emerging opportunities, technology roadmapping and recommendations for technology development and management.
- Some key patents that provide an insight into notable activities and global participants and a detailed list of contacts in the field, which includes names, titles, addresses, phone numbers, e-mail IDs, and Website URLs.
- The biggest challenge in the industry is the people's lack of knowledge about the benefits of advanced portable water purification technologies over more conventional or popular systems that are less effective or sustainable.
- Emerging technologies that would contribute to portable water purification such as capacitive deionization and membrane distillation are entering the market. Potential technologies utilizing graphene membranes, micro devices and microscale processes are in the R&D stage.
- Key innovations impacting the portable water purification market are nanotechnology, the use of renewable energy, and innovative technologies that increase flexibility of application and enable economically viable small-scale solutions.
- The most relevant and important technologies for portable water purification for drinking, which is the scope of this research report, are advanced filtration, adsorption/absorption, chemical treatment, novel filtration, advanced oxidation, membrane electro-separation, and distillation.
- Novel filtration technologies are the most widely employed at present and is expected to remain relevant as they offer the most possibilities for portable water purification. In future, technologies such as advanced oxidation and electro-separation technologies can be expected to dominate the market.
- Simplicity and reliability are the key features that consumers look for in portable water purifiers. New innovations, though may be more effective, will have to be further developed until they have reached the desired level of simplicity and handiness before they can be expected to gain significant market adoption.
- Population growth, climate change, stricter regulations for drinking water and groundwater, and the need for emergency preparedness present high-growth opportunities for portable water purification technologies.
- Portable water purification technologies are most adopted in North America, followed by Europe. In Asia, their market penetration is increasing. They are in great demand in water-scarce regions such as Africa and the Middle East, especially for desalination.
Technology Snapshot and Trends
- Technology Capability
- Technology Value Chain
Impact Assessment and Analysis
- Market Impact of Key Innovations
- Market Impact of Technology/Business Accelerators
- Market Impact of Technology/Business Challenges
- Impact Mapping of Accelerators and Challenges
Diffusion of Innovations and Needs Assessment
- Technology Adoption Cycle According to Region
- Technology Adoption Cycle According to Technology
- Demand Side Analysis
Opportunity Evaluation and Roadmapping
- Scenario Modeling and Emerging Opportunities
- Emerging Opportunities Categorized According to End Users
- Technology Roadmap
- Technology Management Strategies
- Some Key Patents
- Contact Details
The Frost & Sullivan Story
To order this report: Portable Water Purification (Technical Insights)
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
Artificial Intelligence has the potential to massively disrupt IoT. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, AJ Abdallat, CEO of Beyond AI, will discuss what the five main drivers are in Artificial Intelligence that could shape the future of the Internet of Things. AJ Abdallat is CEO of Beyond AI. He has over 20 years of management experience in the fields of artificial intelligence, sensors, instruments, devices and software for telecommunications, life sciences, environmental monitoring, process...
May. 2, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 961
Increasing IoT connectivity is forcing enterprises to find elegant solutions to organize and visualize all incoming data from these connected devices with re-configurable dashboard widgets to effectively allow rapid decision-making for everything from immediate actions in tactical situations to strategic analysis and reporting. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Shikhir Singh, Senior Developer Relations Manager at Sencha, will discuss how to create HTML5 dashboards that interact with IoT devic...
May. 2, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,071
See storage differently! Storage performance problems have only gotten worse and harder to solve as applications have become largely virtualized and moved to a cloud-based infrastructure. Storage performance in a virtualized environment is not just about IOPS, it is about how well that potential performance is guaranteed to individual VMs for these apps as the number of VMs keep going up real time. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Dhiraj Sehgal, in product and marketing at Tintri, will discu...
May. 2, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 885
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, will provide tips on how to be successful in large scale machine lear...
May. 2, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,325
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
May. 2, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,045
The IoTs will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and share the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the development proc...
May. 2, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 289
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ericsson has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Some 40 percent of global mobile traffic runs through networks we have supplied. More than 1 billion subscribers around the world re...
May. 2, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,059
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
May. 2, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 924
SYS-CON Events announced today that Peak 10, Inc., a national IT infrastructure and cloud services provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Peak 10 provides reliable, tailored data center and network services, cloud and managed services. Its solutions are designed to scale and adapt to customers’ changing business needs, enabling them to lower costs, improve performance and focus inter...
May. 2, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,268
You deployed your app with the Bluemix PaaS and it's gaining some serious traction, so it's time to make some tweaks. Did you design your application in a way that it can scale in the cloud? Were you even thinking about the cloud when you built the app? If not, chances are your app is going to break. Check out this webcast to learn various techniques for designing applications that will scale successfully in Bluemix, for the confidence you need to take your apps to the next level and beyond.
May. 2, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,542
There is an ever-growing explosion of new devices that are connected to the Internet using “cloud” solutions. This rapid growth is creating a massive new demand for efficient access to data. And it’s not just about connecting to that data anymore. This new demand is bringing new issues and challenges and it is important for companies to scale for the coming growth. And with that scaling comes the need for greater security, gathering and data analysis, storage, connectivity and, of course, the...
May. 2, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 935
Peak 10, Inc., has announced the implementation of IT service management, a business process alignment initiative based on the widely adopted Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework. The implementation of IT service management enhances Peak 10’s current service-minded approach to IT delivery by propelling the company to deliver higher levels of personalized and prompt service. The majority of Peak 10’s operations employees have been trained and certified in the ITIL frame...
May. 2, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,025
SYS-CON Events announced today that Fusion, a leading provider of cloud services, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Fusion, a leading provider of integrated cloud solutions to small, medium and large businesses, is the industry's single source for the cloud. Fusion's advanced, proprietary cloud service platform enables the integration of leading edge solutions in the cloud, including cloud...
May. 2, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,622
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Klein, CEO and Co-founder of Rachio, will discuss next generation communities that are using IoT to create more sustainable, intelligent communities. One example is Sterling Ranch, a 10,000 home development that – with the help of Siemens – will integrate IoT technology into the community to provide residents with energy and water savings as well as intelligent security. Everything from stop lights to sprinkler systems to building infrastructures will run ef...
May. 2, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,015
Digital payments using wearable devices such as smart watches, fitness trackers, and payment wristbands are an increasing area of focus for industry participants, and consumer acceptance from early trials and deployments has encouraged some of the biggest names in technology and banking to continue their push to drive growth in this nascent market. Wearable payment systems may utilize near field communication (NFC), radio frequency identification (RFID), or quick response (QR) codes and barcodes...
May. 2, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 859