|By PR Newswire||
|January 20, 2014 07:32 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Jan. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Portable Water Purification (Technical Insights)
Providing Mobile Safe Drinking Water
Research Objective and Scope
The objective of this research is to report on the market penetration of portable water purification technologies and map its technological development until the year 2020. The research scope is water treatment for drinking, as portable systems have a more significant and important impact on water purification for drinking than on industrial wastewater treatment. The sources of water considered are freshwater, groundwater, brackish water, and seawater. Thus, the scope excludes water recycling from wastewater treatment.
Briefly, this research service provides:
- A snapshot of the most important and relevant portable water purification technologies and their capabilities.
- Market impact assessment and analysis of key innovations and technology and business accelerators and challenges in the field of portable water purification.
- An assessment of technology adoption levels by region and by technology and an analysis of end users' expectations of the technologies.
- An evaluation of emerging opportunities, technology roadmapping and recommendations for technology development and management.
- Some key patents that provide an insight into notable activities and global participants and a detailed list of contacts in the field, which includes names, titles, addresses, phone numbers, e-mail IDs, and Website URLs.
- The biggest challenge in the industry is the people's lack of knowledge about the benefits of advanced portable water purification technologies over more conventional or popular systems that are less effective or sustainable.
- Emerging technologies that would contribute to portable water purification such as capacitive deionization and membrane distillation are entering the market. Potential technologies utilizing graphene membranes, micro devices and microscale processes are in the R&D stage.
- Key innovations impacting the portable water purification market are nanotechnology, the use of renewable energy, and innovative technologies that increase flexibility of application and enable economically viable small-scale solutions.
- The most relevant and important technologies for portable water purification for drinking, which is the scope of this research report, are advanced filtration, adsorption/absorption, chemical treatment, novel filtration, advanced oxidation, membrane electro-separation, and distillation.
- Novel filtration technologies are the most widely employed at present and is expected to remain relevant as they offer the most possibilities for portable water purification. In future, technologies such as advanced oxidation and electro-separation technologies can be expected to dominate the market.
- Simplicity and reliability are the key features that consumers look for in portable water purifiers. New innovations, though may be more effective, will have to be further developed until they have reached the desired level of simplicity and handiness before they can be expected to gain significant market adoption.
- Population growth, climate change, stricter regulations for drinking water and groundwater, and the need for emergency preparedness present high-growth opportunities for portable water purification technologies.
- Portable water purification technologies are most adopted in North America, followed by Europe. In Asia, their market penetration is increasing. They are in great demand in water-scarce regions such as Africa and the Middle East, especially for desalination.
Technology Snapshot and Trends
- Technology Capability
- Technology Value Chain
Impact Assessment and Analysis
- Market Impact of Key Innovations
- Market Impact of Technology/Business Accelerators
- Market Impact of Technology/Business Challenges
- Impact Mapping of Accelerators and Challenges
Diffusion of Innovations and Needs Assessment
- Technology Adoption Cycle According to Region
- Technology Adoption Cycle According to Technology
- Demand Side Analysis
Opportunity Evaluation and Roadmapping
- Scenario Modeling and Emerging Opportunities
- Emerging Opportunities Categorized According to End Users
- Technology Roadmap
- Technology Management Strategies
- Some Key Patents
- Contact Details
The Frost & Sullivan Story
To order this report: Portable Water Purification (Technical Insights)
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
Between 2005 and 2020, data volumes will grow by a factor of 300 – enough data to stack CDs from the earth to the moon 162 times. This has come to be known as the ‘big data’ phenomenon. Unfortunately, traditional approaches to handling, storing and analyzing data aren’t adequate at this scale: they’re too costly, slow and physically cumbersome to keep up. Fortunately, in response a new breed of technology has emerged that is cheaper, faster and more scalable. Yet, in meeting these new needs they...
Dec. 6, 2016 01:00 AM EST Reads: 1,842
"We're a cybersecurity firm that specializes in engineering security solutions both at the software and hardware level. Security cannot be an after-the-fact afterthought, which is what it's become," stated Richard Blech, Chief Executive Officer at Secure Channels, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 6, 2016 12:45 AM EST Reads: 839
When it comes to cloud computing, the ability to turn massive amounts of compute cores on and off on demand sounds attractive to IT staff, who need to manage peaks and valleys in user activity. With cloud bursting, the majority of the data can stay on premises while tapping into compute from public cloud providers, reducing risk and minimizing need to move large files. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Scott Jeschonek, Director of Product Management at Avere Systems, discussed the IT and busin...
Dec. 6, 2016 12:30 AM EST Reads: 3,884
According to Forrester Research, every business will become either a digital predator or digital prey by 2020. To avoid demise, organizations must rapidly create new sources of value in their end-to-end customer experiences. True digital predators also must break down information and process silos and extend digital transformation initiatives to empower employees with the digital resources needed to win, serve, and retain customers.
Dec. 6, 2016 12:30 AM EST Reads: 1,195
The IoT is changing the way enterprises conduct business. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how businesses can gain an edge over competitors by empowering consumers to take control through IoT. He cited examples such as a Washington, D.C.-based sports club that leveraged IoT and the cloud to develop a comprehensive booking system. He also highlighted how IoT can revitalize and restore outdated business models, making them profitable ...
Dec. 6, 2016 12:30 AM EST Reads: 4,580
In his general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, discussed how Dice leverages data insights and tools to help both tech professionals and recruiters better understand how skills relate to each other and which skills are in high demand using interactive visualizations and salary indicator tools to maximize earning potential. Manish Dixit is VP of Product and Engineering at Dice. As the leader of the Product, Engineering and Data Sciences team at D...
Dec. 6, 2016 12:00 AM EST Reads: 880
SaaS companies can greatly expand revenue potential by pushing beyond their own borders. The challenge is how to do this without degrading service quality. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Adam Rogers, Managing Director at Anexia, discussed how IaaS providers with a global presence and both virtual and dedicated infrastructure can help companies expand their service footprint with low “go-to-market” costs.
Dec. 5, 2016 11:45 PM EST Reads: 4,299
Get deep visibility into the performance of your databases and expert advice for performance optimization and tuning. You can't get application performance without database performance. Give everyone on the team a comprehensive view of how every aspect of the system affects performance across SQL database operations, host server and OS, virtualization resources and storage I/O. Quickly find bottlenecks and troubleshoot complex problems.
Dec. 5, 2016 10:45 PM EST Reads: 2,075
"Once customers get a year into their IoT deployments, they start to realize that they may have been shortsighted in the ways they built out their deployment and the key thing I see a lot of people looking at is - how can I take equipment data, pull it back in an IoT solution and show it in a dashboard," stated Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 5, 2016 10:30 PM EST Reads: 1,056
"We are the public cloud providers. We are currently providing 50% of the resources they need for doing e-commerce business in China and we are hosting about 60% of mobile gaming in China," explained Yi Zheng, CPO and VP of Engineering at CDS Global Cloud, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 5, 2016 10:30 PM EST Reads: 982
Predictive analytics tools monitor, report, and troubleshoot in order to make proactive decisions about the health, performance, and utilization of storage. Most enterprises combine cloud and on-premise storage, resulting in blended environments of physical, virtual, cloud, and other platforms, which justifies more sophisticated storage analytics. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Peter McCallum, Vice President of Datacenter Solutions at FalconStor, discussed using predictive analytics to mon...
Dec. 5, 2016 09:00 PM EST Reads: 4,960
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform and how we integrate our thinking to solve complicated problems. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, demonstrated how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and sh...
Dec. 5, 2016 08:45 PM EST Reads: 509
Today we can collect lots and lots of performance data. We build beautiful dashboards and even have fancy query languages to access and transform the data. Still performance data is a secret language only a couple of people understand. The more business becomes digital the more stakeholders are interested in this data including how it relates to business. Some of these people have never used a monitoring tool before. They have a question on their mind like “How is my application doing” but no id...
Dec. 5, 2016 07:45 PM EST Reads: 2,229
@GonzalezCarmen has been ranked the Number One Influencer and @ThingsExpo has been named the Number One Brand in the “M2M 2016: Top 100 Influencers and Brands” by Onalytica. Onalytica analyzed tweets over the last 6 months mentioning the keywords M2M OR “Machine to Machine.” They then identified the top 100 most influential brands and individuals leading the discussion on Twitter.
Dec. 5, 2016 07:45 PM EST Reads: 2,092
IoT is rapidly changing the way enterprises are using data to improve business decision-making. In order to derive business value, organizations must unlock insights from the data gathered and then act on these. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, and Peter Shashkin, Head of Development Department at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how one organization leveraged IoT, cloud technology and data analysis to improve customer experiences and effici...
Dec. 5, 2016 07:15 PM EST Reads: 5,057