|By PR Newswire||
|January 20, 2014 07:32 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Jan. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Portable Water Purification (Technical Insights)
Providing Mobile Safe Drinking Water
Research Objective and Scope
The objective of this research is to report on the market penetration of portable water purification technologies and map its technological development until the year 2020. The research scope is water treatment for drinking, as portable systems have a more significant and important impact on water purification for drinking than on industrial wastewater treatment. The sources of water considered are freshwater, groundwater, brackish water, and seawater. Thus, the scope excludes water recycling from wastewater treatment.
Briefly, this research service provides:
- A snapshot of the most important and relevant portable water purification technologies and their capabilities.
- Market impact assessment and analysis of key innovations and technology and business accelerators and challenges in the field of portable water purification.
- An assessment of technology adoption levels by region and by technology and an analysis of end users' expectations of the technologies.
- An evaluation of emerging opportunities, technology roadmapping and recommendations for technology development and management.
- Some key patents that provide an insight into notable activities and global participants and a detailed list of contacts in the field, which includes names, titles, addresses, phone numbers, e-mail IDs, and Website URLs.
- The biggest challenge in the industry is the people's lack of knowledge about the benefits of advanced portable water purification technologies over more conventional or popular systems that are less effective or sustainable.
- Emerging technologies that would contribute to portable water purification such as capacitive deionization and membrane distillation are entering the market. Potential technologies utilizing graphene membranes, micro devices and microscale processes are in the R&D stage.
- Key innovations impacting the portable water purification market are nanotechnology, the use of renewable energy, and innovative technologies that increase flexibility of application and enable economically viable small-scale solutions.
- The most relevant and important technologies for portable water purification for drinking, which is the scope of this research report, are advanced filtration, adsorption/absorption, chemical treatment, novel filtration, advanced oxidation, membrane electro-separation, and distillation.
- Novel filtration technologies are the most widely employed at present and is expected to remain relevant as they offer the most possibilities for portable water purification. In future, technologies such as advanced oxidation and electro-separation technologies can be expected to dominate the market.
- Simplicity and reliability are the key features that consumers look for in portable water purifiers. New innovations, though may be more effective, will have to be further developed until they have reached the desired level of simplicity and handiness before they can be expected to gain significant market adoption.
- Population growth, climate change, stricter regulations for drinking water and groundwater, and the need for emergency preparedness present high-growth opportunities for portable water purification technologies.
- Portable water purification technologies are most adopted in North America, followed by Europe. In Asia, their market penetration is increasing. They are in great demand in water-scarce regions such as Africa and the Middle East, especially for desalination.
Technology Snapshot and Trends
- Technology Capability
- Technology Value Chain
Impact Assessment and Analysis
- Market Impact of Key Innovations
- Market Impact of Technology/Business Accelerators
- Market Impact of Technology/Business Challenges
- Impact Mapping of Accelerators and Challenges
Diffusion of Innovations and Needs Assessment
- Technology Adoption Cycle According to Region
- Technology Adoption Cycle According to Technology
- Demand Side Analysis
Opportunity Evaluation and Roadmapping
- Scenario Modeling and Emerging Opportunities
- Emerging Opportunities Categorized According to End Users
- Technology Roadmap
- Technology Management Strategies
- Some Key Patents
- Contact Details
The Frost & Sullivan Story
To order this report: Portable Water Purification (Technical Insights)
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
Nov. 25, 2015 10:26 AM EST
Nov. 25, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 425
Nov. 25, 2015 09:45 AM EST Reads: 103
Nov. 25, 2015 09:30 AM EST Reads: 266
Nov. 25, 2015 09:00 AM EST Reads: 264
Nov. 25, 2015 08:15 AM EST Reads: 343
Nov. 25, 2015 07:45 AM EST Reads: 340
Nov. 25, 2015 07:30 AM EST Reads: 246
Nov. 25, 2015 07:15 AM EST Reads: 158
Nov. 25, 2015 06:45 AM EST
Nov. 25, 2015 05:45 AM EST Reads: 376
Nov. 25, 2015 05:45 AM EST Reads: 287
Nov. 25, 2015 02:30 AM EST Reads: 681
Nov. 25, 2015 02:00 AM EST Reads: 289
In today's enterprise, digital transformation represents organizational change even more so than technology change, as customer preferences and behavior drive end-to-end transformation across lines of business as well as IT. To capitalize on the ubiquitous disruption driving this transformation, companies must be able to innovate at an increasingly rapid pace. Traditional approaches for driving innovation are now woefully inadequate for keeping up with the breadth of disruption and change facin...
Nov. 25, 2015 12:30 AM EST Reads: 417