|By PR Newswire||
|January 20, 2014 07:32 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Jan. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Portable Water Purification (Technical Insights)
Providing Mobile Safe Drinking Water
Research Objective and Scope
The objective of this research is to report on the market penetration of portable water purification technologies and map its technological development until the year 2020. The research scope is water treatment for drinking, as portable systems have a more significant and important impact on water purification for drinking than on industrial wastewater treatment. The sources of water considered are freshwater, groundwater, brackish water, and seawater. Thus, the scope excludes water recycling from wastewater treatment.
Briefly, this research service provides:
- A snapshot of the most important and relevant portable water purification technologies and their capabilities.
- Market impact assessment and analysis of key innovations and technology and business accelerators and challenges in the field of portable water purification.
- An assessment of technology adoption levels by region and by technology and an analysis of end users' expectations of the technologies.
- An evaluation of emerging opportunities, technology roadmapping and recommendations for technology development and management.
- Some key patents that provide an insight into notable activities and global participants and a detailed list of contacts in the field, which includes names, titles, addresses, phone numbers, e-mail IDs, and Website URLs.
- The biggest challenge in the industry is the people's lack of knowledge about the benefits of advanced portable water purification technologies over more conventional or popular systems that are less effective or sustainable.
- Emerging technologies that would contribute to portable water purification such as capacitive deionization and membrane distillation are entering the market. Potential technologies utilizing graphene membranes, micro devices and microscale processes are in the R&D stage.
- Key innovations impacting the portable water purification market are nanotechnology, the use of renewable energy, and innovative technologies that increase flexibility of application and enable economically viable small-scale solutions.
- The most relevant and important technologies for portable water purification for drinking, which is the scope of this research report, are advanced filtration, adsorption/absorption, chemical treatment, novel filtration, advanced oxidation, membrane electro-separation, and distillation.
- Novel filtration technologies are the most widely employed at present and is expected to remain relevant as they offer the most possibilities for portable water purification. In future, technologies such as advanced oxidation and electro-separation technologies can be expected to dominate the market.
- Simplicity and reliability are the key features that consumers look for in portable water purifiers. New innovations, though may be more effective, will have to be further developed until they have reached the desired level of simplicity and handiness before they can be expected to gain significant market adoption.
- Population growth, climate change, stricter regulations for drinking water and groundwater, and the need for emergency preparedness present high-growth opportunities for portable water purification technologies.
- Portable water purification technologies are most adopted in North America, followed by Europe. In Asia, their market penetration is increasing. They are in great demand in water-scarce regions such as Africa and the Middle East, especially for desalination.
Technology Snapshot and Trends
- Technology Capability
- Technology Value Chain
Impact Assessment and Analysis
- Market Impact of Key Innovations
- Market Impact of Technology/Business Accelerators
- Market Impact of Technology/Business Challenges
- Impact Mapping of Accelerators and Challenges
Diffusion of Innovations and Needs Assessment
- Technology Adoption Cycle According to Region
- Technology Adoption Cycle According to Technology
- Demand Side Analysis
Opportunity Evaluation and Roadmapping
- Scenario Modeling and Emerging Opportunities
- Emerging Opportunities Categorized According to End Users
- Technology Roadmap
- Technology Management Strategies
- Some Key Patents
- Contact Details
The Frost & Sullivan Story
To order this report: Portable Water Purification (Technical Insights)
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
Adobe is changing the world though digital experiences. Adobe helps customers develop and deliver high-impact experiences that differentiate brands, build loyalty, and drive revenue across every screen, including smartphones, computers, tablets and TVs. Adobe content solutions are used daily by millions of companies worldwide-from publishers and broadcasters, to enterprises, marketing agencies and household-name brands. Building on its established design leadership, Adobe enables customers not o...
Sep. 30, 2016 07:30 AM EDT
Everyone knows that truly innovative companies learn as they go along, pushing boundaries in response to market changes and demands. What's more of a mystery is how to balance innovation on a fresh platform built from scratch with the legacy tech stack, product suite and customers that continue to serve as the business' foundation. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, will discuss why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue an...
Sep. 30, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,239
Cognitive Computing is becoming the foundation for a new generation of solutions that have the potential to transform business. Unlike traditional approaches to building solutions, a cognitive computing approach allows the data to help determine the way applications are designed. This contrasts with conventional software development that begins with defining logic based on the current way a business operates. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Judith S. Hurwitz, President and CEO of Hurwitz & ...
Sep. 30, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,267
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform and how we integrate our thinking to solve complicated problems. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm ...
Sep. 30, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,465
Digitization is driving a fundamental change in society that is transforming the way businesses work with their customers, their supply chains and their people. Digital transformation leverages DevOps best practices, such as Agile Parallel Development, Continuous Delivery and Agile Operations to capitalize on opportunities and create competitive differentiation in the application economy. However, information security has been notably absent from the DevOps movement. Speed doesn’t have to negat...
Sep. 30, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,335
Leading cloud-centric IT organizations are establishing core capabilities to improve productivity, control costs and provide a highly responsive end-user experience. Key steps along this journey include creating an end-user cloud services catalog, automating workflows and provisioning, and implementing IT showback and chargeback. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Jamensky, executive vice president of Products at Embotics, will walk attendees through an in-depth case study of enterprise I...
Sep. 30, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,507
Without a clear strategy for cost control and an architecture designed with cloud services in mind, costs and operational performance can quickly get out of control. To avoid multiple architectural redesigns requires extensive thought and planning. Boundary (now part of BMC) launched a new public-facing multi-tenant high resolution monitoring service on Amazon AWS two years ago, facing challenges and learning best practices in the early days of the new service. In his session at 19th Cloud Exp...
Sep. 30, 2016 06:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,129
The Transparent Cloud-computing Consortium (abbreviation: T-Cloud Consortium) will conduct research activities into changes in the computing model as a result of collaboration between "device" and "cloud" and the creation of new value and markets through organic data processing High speed and high quality networks, and dramatic improvements in computer processing capabilities, have greatly changed the nature of applications and made the storing and processing of data on the network commonplace.
Sep. 30, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,260
Your business relies on your applications and your employees to stay in business. Whether you develop apps or manage business critical apps that help fuel your business, what happens when users experience sluggish performance? You and all technical teams across the organization – application, network, operations, among others, as well as, those outside the organization, like ISPs and third-party providers – are called in to solve the problem.
Sep. 30, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,736
Digital transformation is too big and important for our future success to not understand the rules that apply to it. The first three rules for winning in this age of hyper-digital transformation are: Advantages in speed, analytics and operational tempos must be captured by implementing an optimized information logistics system (OILS) Real-time operational tempos (IT, people and business processes) must be achieved Businesses that can "analyze data and act and with speed" will dominate those t...
Sep. 30, 2016 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,283
While DevOps promises a better and tighter integration among an organization’s development and operation teams and transforms an application life cycle into a continual deployment, Chef and Azure together provides a speedy, cost-effective and highly scalable vehicle for realizing the business values of this transformation. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Yung Chou, a Technology Evangelist at Microsoft, will present a unique opportunity to witness how Chef and Azure work tog...
Sep. 30, 2016 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,847
Almost two-thirds of companies either have or soon will have IoT as the backbone of their business in 2016. However, IoT is far more complex than most firms expected. How can you not get trapped in the pitfalls? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan, a renowned visionary and thought leader, will introduce a holistic method of IoTification, which is the process of IoTifying the existing technology and business models to adopt and leverage IoT. He will drill down to the components in this fra...
Sep. 30, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,885
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Sep. 30, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 4,720
I'm a lonely sensor. I spend all day telling the world how I'm feeling, but none of the other sensors seem to care. I want to be connected. I want to build relationships with other sensors to be more useful for my human. I want my human to understand that when my friends next door are too hot for a while, I'll soon be flaming. And when all my friends go outside without me, I may be left behind. Don't just log my data; use the relationship graph. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ryan Boyd, Engi...
Sep. 30, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,411
As ridesharing competitors and enhanced services increase, notable changes are occurring in the transportation model. Despite the cost-effective means and flexibility of ridesharing, both drivers and users will need to be aware of the connected environment and how it will impact the ridesharing experience. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Timothy Evavold, Executive Director Automotive at Covisint, will discuss key challenges and solutions to powering a ride sharing and/or multimodal model in the a...
Sep. 30, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 674