|By PR Newswire||
|January 20, 2014 10:31 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Jan. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Financial Analysis and Market Sizing of the Event Management Software Market
Operational Efficiency is the Key to Achieving a Profitable Bottom Line
This study analyses the various segments in the event management software market and provides market size and forecast for each of these segments. These are based on extensive secondary and primary research, which also take into account the findings of a survey directed at users of event management software across segments. The study discusses the funding patterns of firms and its implications. This is followed by a financial analysis of the entire market, based on several key financial ratios. The study then concludes with a hypothetical financial valuation that estimates returns to an entrepreneur, a venture capital investor, and a private equity investor for a typical firm in this market.
• Event-related mobile applications is the most promising segment in terms of growth prospects. Though event registration is evolving rapidly, the presence of established, conventional non-software solutions in this market continues to provide stiff competition to software solutions in this market.
• The growth of the events and planning market and the proliferation of social media are two main drivers of firms in the overall event management software market.
• Newer entrants in this market begin by targeting niche audiences while mid-size firms focus on end-to-end solutions.
• Venture capitalists (VCs) are the predominant source of funding for firms in this market. In the recent past, interest from private equity has also increased, suggesting that firms in this market can explore this additional alternative as well.
• Average deal value has declined significantly after 2008 due to the high risk aversion levels of investors.
• PE investor transactions in this market has marginally increased, which implies that the event management market is evolving in terms of cash flow predictability.
• The total asset turnover for start-ups has been stable at X times while the same for mid-sized firms is X times, implying higher efficiency for start-ups.
• On the other hand, the CAPEX-to-sales ratio for start-ups has typically been less than X while the same for mid-sized firms has been greater than X times. This suggests that mid-sized firms are able to utilize their capital expenditures much more effectively than start-ups.
• A hypothetical financial model, based on relevant market data and available financial variables indicates that, ceteris paribus, an investment in this market by a venture capitalist (VC) in a start-up would result in an internal rate of return (IRR) exceeding X times while the same by a PE in a mid-sized firm would result in a IRR exceeding X times.
Research Objective and Scope
• To analyze the event management software market and its segments and identify key drivers and restraints
• To estimate and forecast the size of the market
• To analyze the financial performance of the market and identify areas which can enable firms to (financially) outperform in this market
• To evaluate the returns to an entrepreneur and investor participating in this market
• Event registration
• Event-related mobile applications
• FY 2013–2016
• Activity (Turnover)
• Event Management Software companies
• Private Equity (PE) firms
• Venture Capital (VC) investors
• Fund managers
• Retail investors
• Sovereign wealth funds
• Hedge funds
• Insurance funds and other members of the investing community
• Frost & Sullivan in-house research expertise
• Established business and financial databases (e.g., Capital IQ)
• Company annual reports
• Published news
• Press releases
Scope of Analysis
• companies (public and private) across the globe
• funding transactions
• Transactions include PE, VC, private investment in public equity (PIPE), mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and public offering transactions.
• The scope of the market is to cover providers of software used for planning and managing events, such as meetings, conferences, seminars and workshops. This includes corporate and non-corporate events, such as non-profit events.
• Event management through manual effort is referred to as 'non-software market' while event management using event management software is referred to as 'software market'. As the non-software market presents the addressable market for event management software firms, both classifications are clubbed under event management software market for this study.
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Research Objective and Scope
3. The Total Event Management Software Market
4. Global Event Registration Segment
5. Global Event-related Mobile Applications Segment
6. Funding Patterns and Financial Analysis
7. Financial Valuation
10. The Frost & Sullivan Story
To order this report: Financial Analysis and Market Sizing of the Event Management Software Market
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
Nowadays, a large number of sensors and devices are connected to the network. Leading-edge IoT technologies integrate various types of sensor data to create a new value for several business decision scenarios. The transparent cloud is a model of a new IoT emergence service platform. Many service providers store and access various types of sensor data in order to create and find out new business values by integrating such data.
Oct. 7, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 459
SYS-CON Events announced today that IBM Cloud Data Services has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. IBM Cloud Data Services offers a portfolio of integrated, best-of-breed cloud data services for developers focused on mobile computing and analytics use cases.
Oct. 7, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 668
Scott Guthrie's keynote presentation "Journey to the intelligent cloud" is a must view video. This is from AzureCon 2015, September 29, 2015 I have reproduced some screen shots in case you are unable to view this long video for one reason or another. One of the highlights is 3 datacenters coming on line in India.
Oct. 7, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 239
In recent years, at least 40% of companies using cloud applications have experienced data loss. One of the best prevention against cloud data loss is backing up your cloud data. In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bryan Forrester, Senior Vice President of Sales at eFolder, will present how organizations can use eFolder Cloudfinder to automate backups of cloud application data. He will also demonstrate how easy it is to search and restore cloud application data using Cloudfinder.
Oct. 7, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 439
Developing software for the Internet of Things (IoT) comes with its own set of challenges. Security, privacy, and unified standards are a few key issues. In addition, each IoT product is comprised of at least three separate application components: the software embedded in the device, the backend big-data service, and the mobile application for the end user's controls. Each component is developed by a different team, using different technologies and practices, and deployed to a different stack/...
Oct. 7, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 141
SYS-CON Events announced today that Spirent Communications, the leader in testing navigation and positioning systems, will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit Silicon Valley, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Spirent Communications enables innovations in communications technologies that help connect people. Whether it is service provider, data centers, enterprise IT networks, mobile communications, connected vehicles or the Inte...
Oct. 7, 2015 12:00 PM EDT
Apps and devices shouldn't stop working when there's limited or no network connectivity. Learn how to bring data stored in a cloud database to the edge of the network (and back again) whenever an Internet connection is available. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bradley Holt, Developer Advocate at IBM Cloud Data Services, will demonstrate techniques for replicating cloud databases with devices in order to build offline-first mobile or Internet of Things (IoT) apps that can provide a better, ...
Oct. 7, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 460
NHK, Japan Broadcasting will feature the upcoming @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley in a special 'Internet of Things' and smart technology documentary that will be filmed on the expo floor between November 3 to 5, 2015, in Santa Clara. NHK is the sole public TV network in Japan equivalent to the BBC in the UK and the largest in Asia with many award-winning science and technology programs. Japanese TV is producing a documentary about IoT and Smart technology and will be covering @ThingsExpo Silicon Vall...
Oct. 7, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 116
WebRTC is about the data channel as much as about video and audio conferencing. However, basically all commercial WebRTC applications have been built with a focus on audio and video. The handling of “data” has been limited to text chat and file download – all other data sharing seems to end with screensharing. What is holding back a more intensive use of peer-to-peer data? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Dr Silvia Pfeiffer, WebRTC Applications Team Lead at National ICT Australia, will look at di...
Oct. 7, 2015 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 535
SYS-CON Events announced today that Luxoft Holding, Inc., a leading provider of software development services and innovative IT solutions, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Luxoft’s software development services consist of core and mission-critical custom software development and support, product engineering and testing, and technology consulting.
Oct. 7, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 571
Saviynt Inc. has announced the availability of the next release of Saviynt for AWS. The comprehensive security and compliance solution provides a Command-and-Control center to gain visibility into risks in AWS, enforce real-time protection of critical workloads as well as data and automate access life-cycle governance. The solution enables AWS customers to meet their compliance mandates such as ITAR, SOX, PCI, etc. by including an extensive risk and controls library to detect known threats and b...
Oct. 7, 2015 11:15 AM EDT
As a company adopts a DevOps approach to software development, what are key things that both the Dev and Ops side of the business must keep in mind to ensure effective continuous delivery? In his session at DevOps Summit, Mark Hydar, Head of DevOps, Ericsson TV Platforms, will share best practices and provide helpful tips for Ops teams to adopt an open line of communication with the development side of the house to ensure success between the two sides.
Oct. 7, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 555
The enterprise is being consumerized, and the consumer is being enterprised. Moore's Law does not matter anymore, the future belongs to business virtualization powered by invisible service architecture, powered by hyperscale and hyperconvergence, and facilitated by vertical streaming and horizontal scaling and consolidation. Both buyers and sellers want instant results, and from paperwork to paperless to mindless is the ultimate goal for any seamless transaction. The sweetest sweet spot in innov...
Oct. 7, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 144
Culture is the most important ingredient of DevOps. The challenge for most organizations is defining and communicating a vision of beneficial DevOps culture for their organizations, and then facilitating the changes needed to achieve that. Often this comes down to an ability to provide true leadership. As a CIO, are your direct reports IT managers or are they IT leaders? The hard truth is that many IT managers have risen through the ranks based on their technical skills, not their leadership ab...
Oct. 7, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 854
Learn how Backup as a Service can help your customer base protect their data. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Stefaan Vervaet, Director of Strategic Alliances at HGST, will discuss the challenges of data protection in an era of exploding storage requirements, show you the benefits of a backup service for your cloud customers, and explain how the HGST Active Archive and CommVault are already enabling this service today with customer examples.
Oct. 7, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 681