|By PR Newswire||
|January 20, 2014 10:31 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Jan. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Financial Analysis and Market Sizing of the Event Management Software Market
Operational Efficiency is the Key to Achieving a Profitable Bottom Line
This study analyses the various segments in the event management software market and provides market size and forecast for each of these segments. These are based on extensive secondary and primary research, which also take into account the findings of a survey directed at users of event management software across segments. The study discusses the funding patterns of firms and its implications. This is followed by a financial analysis of the entire market, based on several key financial ratios. The study then concludes with a hypothetical financial valuation that estimates returns to an entrepreneur, a venture capital investor, and a private equity investor for a typical firm in this market.
• Event-related mobile applications is the most promising segment in terms of growth prospects. Though event registration is evolving rapidly, the presence of established, conventional non-software solutions in this market continues to provide stiff competition to software solutions in this market.
• The growth of the events and planning market and the proliferation of social media are two main drivers of firms in the overall event management software market.
• Newer entrants in this market begin by targeting niche audiences while mid-size firms focus on end-to-end solutions.
• Venture capitalists (VCs) are the predominant source of funding for firms in this market. In the recent past, interest from private equity has also increased, suggesting that firms in this market can explore this additional alternative as well.
• Average deal value has declined significantly after 2008 due to the high risk aversion levels of investors.
• PE investor transactions in this market has marginally increased, which implies that the event management market is evolving in terms of cash flow predictability.
• The total asset turnover for start-ups has been stable at X times while the same for mid-sized firms is X times, implying higher efficiency for start-ups.
• On the other hand, the CAPEX-to-sales ratio for start-ups has typically been less than X while the same for mid-sized firms has been greater than X times. This suggests that mid-sized firms are able to utilize their capital expenditures much more effectively than start-ups.
• A hypothetical financial model, based on relevant market data and available financial variables indicates that, ceteris paribus, an investment in this market by a venture capitalist (VC) in a start-up would result in an internal rate of return (IRR) exceeding X times while the same by a PE in a mid-sized firm would result in a IRR exceeding X times.
Research Objective and Scope
• To analyze the event management software market and its segments and identify key drivers and restraints
• To estimate and forecast the size of the market
• To analyze the financial performance of the market and identify areas which can enable firms to (financially) outperform in this market
• To evaluate the returns to an entrepreneur and investor participating in this market
• Event registration
• Event-related mobile applications
• FY 2013–2016
• Activity (Turnover)
• Event Management Software companies
• Private Equity (PE) firms
• Venture Capital (VC) investors
• Fund managers
• Retail investors
• Sovereign wealth funds
• Hedge funds
• Insurance funds and other members of the investing community
• Frost & Sullivan in-house research expertise
• Established business and financial databases (e.g., Capital IQ)
• Company annual reports
• Published news
• Press releases
Scope of Analysis
• companies (public and private) across the globe
• funding transactions
• Transactions include PE, VC, private investment in public equity (PIPE), mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and public offering transactions.
• The scope of the market is to cover providers of software used for planning and managing events, such as meetings, conferences, seminars and workshops. This includes corporate and non-corporate events, such as non-profit events.
• Event management through manual effort is referred to as 'non-software market' while event management using event management software is referred to as 'software market'. As the non-software market presents the addressable market for event management software firms, both classifications are clubbed under event management software market for this study.
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Research Objective and Scope
3. The Total Event Management Software Market
4. Global Event Registration Segment
5. Global Event-related Mobile Applications Segment
6. Funding Patterns and Financial Analysis
7. Financial Valuation
10. The Frost & Sullivan Story
To order this report: Financial Analysis and Market Sizing of the Event Management Software Market
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
Everyone knows that truly innovative companies learn as they go along, pushing boundaries in response to market changes and demands. What's more of a mystery is how to balance innovation on a fresh platform built from scratch with the legacy tech stack, product suite and customers that continue to serve as the business' foundation. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, discussed why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and mor...
Dec. 9, 2016 06:15 PM EST Reads: 1,758
In this strange new world where more and more power is drawn from business technology, companies are effectively straddling two paths on the road to innovation and transformation into digital enterprises. The first path is the heritage trail – with “legacy” technology forming the background. Here, extant technologies are transformed by core IT teams to provide more API-driven approaches. Legacy systems can restrict companies that are transitioning into digital enterprises. To truly become a lead...
Dec. 9, 2016 05:30 PM EST Reads: 430
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Dec. 9, 2016 05:30 PM EST Reads: 2,361
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Dec. 9, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 1,883
The Internet of Things (IoT) promises to simplify and streamline our lives by automating routine tasks that distract us from our goals. This promise is based on the ubiquitous deployment of smart, connected devices that link everything from industrial control systems to automobiles to refrigerators. Unfortunately, comparatively few of the devices currently deployed have been developed with an eye toward security, and as the DDoS attacks of late October 2016 have demonstrated, this oversight can ...
Dec. 9, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 1,459
"MathFreeOn.com is a line coding platform for engineers and scientists. When they want to solve an engineering problem and they have to use software - they have to pay a lot of money for licenses - but with MathFreeOn you don't have to pay a lot of money. Just go to our site and write the code and you can check the result right away," explained Simon Lee, CMO of MathFreeOn, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Cla...
Dec. 9, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 375
In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Claude Remillard, Principal Program Manager in Developer Division at Microsoft, contrasted how his team used config as code and immutable patterns for continuous delivery of microservices and apps to the cloud. He showed how the immutable patterns helps developers do away with most of the complexity of config as code-enabling scenarios such as rollback, zero downtime upgrades with far greater simplicity. He also demoed building immutable pipelines in the cloud ...
Dec. 9, 2016 05:00 PM EST Reads: 2,056
As data explodes in quantity, importance and from new sources, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and cloud environments grow with it. Managing data includes protecting it, indexing and classifying it for true, long-term management, compliance and E-Discovery. Commvault can ensure this with a single pane of glass solution – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enter...
Dec. 9, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 1,860
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Dec. 9, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 1,290
In his session at Cloud Expo, Robert Cohen, an economist and senior fellow at the Economic Strategy Institute, provideed economic scenarios that describe how the rapid adoption of software-defined everything including cloud services, SDDC and open networking will change GDP, industry growth, productivity and jobs. This session also included a drill down for several industries such as finance, social media, cloud service providers and pharmaceuticals.
Dec. 9, 2016 03:45 PM EST Reads: 586
"Dice has been around for the last 20 years. We have been helping tech professionals find new jobs and career opportunities," explained Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 9, 2016 03:30 PM EST Reads: 1,231
Extracting business value from Internet of Things (IoT) data doesn’t happen overnight. There are several requirements that must be satisfied, including IoT device enablement, data analysis, real-time detection of complex events and automated orchestration of actions. Unfortunately, too many companies fall short in achieving their business goals by implementing incomplete solutions or not focusing on tangible use cases. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products...
Dec. 9, 2016 03:15 PM EST Reads: 978
"ReadyTalk is an audio and web video conferencing provider. We've really come to embrace WebRTC as the platform for our future of technology," explained Dan Cunningham, CTO of ReadyTalk, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at WebRTC Summit at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 9, 2016 03:15 PM EST Reads: 861
@DevOpsSummit taking place June 6-8, 2017 at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Dec. 9, 2016 03:00 PM EST Reads: 2,013
Infrastructure is widely available, but who’s managing inbound/outbound traffic? Data is created, stored, and managed online – who is protecting it and how? In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Jaeson Yoo, SVP of Business Development at Penta Security Systems Inc., discussed how to keep any and all infrastructure clean, safe, and efficient by monitoring and filtering all malicious HTTP/HTTPS traffic at the OSI Layer 7. Stop attacks and web intruders before they can enter your network.
Dec. 9, 2016 03:00 PM EST Reads: 384