|By PR Newswire||
|January 20, 2014 10:31 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Jan. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Financial Analysis and Market Sizing of the Event Management Software Market
Operational Efficiency is the Key to Achieving a Profitable Bottom Line
This study analyses the various segments in the event management software market and provides market size and forecast for each of these segments. These are based on extensive secondary and primary research, which also take into account the findings of a survey directed at users of event management software across segments. The study discusses the funding patterns of firms and its implications. This is followed by a financial analysis of the entire market, based on several key financial ratios. The study then concludes with a hypothetical financial valuation that estimates returns to an entrepreneur, a venture capital investor, and a private equity investor for a typical firm in this market.
• Event-related mobile applications is the most promising segment in terms of growth prospects. Though event registration is evolving rapidly, the presence of established, conventional non-software solutions in this market continues to provide stiff competition to software solutions in this market.
• The growth of the events and planning market and the proliferation of social media are two main drivers of firms in the overall event management software market.
• Newer entrants in this market begin by targeting niche audiences while mid-size firms focus on end-to-end solutions.
• Venture capitalists (VCs) are the predominant source of funding for firms in this market. In the recent past, interest from private equity has also increased, suggesting that firms in this market can explore this additional alternative as well.
• Average deal value has declined significantly after 2008 due to the high risk aversion levels of investors.
• PE investor transactions in this market has marginally increased, which implies that the event management market is evolving in terms of cash flow predictability.
• The total asset turnover for start-ups has been stable at X times while the same for mid-sized firms is X times, implying higher efficiency for start-ups.
• On the other hand, the CAPEX-to-sales ratio for start-ups has typically been less than X while the same for mid-sized firms has been greater than X times. This suggests that mid-sized firms are able to utilize their capital expenditures much more effectively than start-ups.
• A hypothetical financial model, based on relevant market data and available financial variables indicates that, ceteris paribus, an investment in this market by a venture capitalist (VC) in a start-up would result in an internal rate of return (IRR) exceeding X times while the same by a PE in a mid-sized firm would result in a IRR exceeding X times.
Research Objective and Scope
• To analyze the event management software market and its segments and identify key drivers and restraints
• To estimate and forecast the size of the market
• To analyze the financial performance of the market and identify areas which can enable firms to (financially) outperform in this market
• To evaluate the returns to an entrepreneur and investor participating in this market
• Event registration
• Event-related mobile applications
• FY 2013–2016
• Activity (Turnover)
• Event Management Software companies
• Private Equity (PE) firms
• Venture Capital (VC) investors
• Fund managers
• Retail investors
• Sovereign wealth funds
• Hedge funds
• Insurance funds and other members of the investing community
• Frost & Sullivan in-house research expertise
• Established business and financial databases (e.g., Capital IQ)
• Company annual reports
• Published news
• Press releases
Scope of Analysis
• companies (public and private) across the globe
• funding transactions
• Transactions include PE, VC, private investment in public equity (PIPE), mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and public offering transactions.
• The scope of the market is to cover providers of software used for planning and managing events, such as meetings, conferences, seminars and workshops. This includes corporate and non-corporate events, such as non-profit events.
• Event management through manual effort is referred to as 'non-software market' while event management using event management software is referred to as 'software market'. As the non-software market presents the addressable market for event management software firms, both classifications are clubbed under event management software market for this study.
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Research Objective and Scope
3. The Total Event Management Software Market
4. Global Event Registration Segment
5. Global Event-related Mobile Applications Segment
6. Funding Patterns and Financial Analysis
7. Financial Valuation
10. The Frost & Sullivan Story
To order this report: Financial Analysis and Market Sizing of the Event Management Software Market
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Aug. 27, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,075
Enterprises have forever faced challenges surrounding the sharing of their intellectual property. Emerging cloud adoption has made it more compelling for enterprises to digitize their content, making them available over a wide variety of devices across the Internet. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Santosh Ahuja, Director of Architecture at Impiger Technologies, will introduce various mechanisms provided by cloud service providers today to manage and share digital content in a secure manner....
Aug. 27, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 702
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, will deep dive into best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Aug. 27, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,566
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Aug. 27, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,869
To leverage Continuous Delivery, enterprises must consider impacts that span functional silos, as well as applications that touch older, slower moving components. Managing the many dependencies can cause slowdowns. See how to achieve continuous delivery in the enterprise.
Aug. 27, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,616
There is growing need for data-driven applications and the need for digital platforms to build these apps. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Muddu Sudhakar, VP and GM of Security & IoT at Splunk, will cover different PaaS solutions and Big Data platforms that are available to build applications. In addition, AI and machine learning are creating new requirements that developers need in the building of next-gen apps. The next-generation digital platforms have some of the past platform needs a...
Aug. 27, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 550
SYS-CON Events announced today Telecom Reseller has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Telecom Reseller reports on Unified Communications, UCaaS, BPaaS for enterprise and SMBs. They report extensively on both customer premises based solutions such as IP-PBX as well as cloud based and hosted platforms.
Aug. 27, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 743
DevOps at Cloud Expo – being held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the world's largest enterprises – and delivering real results. Am...
Aug. 27, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,440
I wanted to gather all of my Internet of Things (IOT) blogs into a single blog (that I could later use with my University of San Francisco (USF) Big Data “MBA” course). However as I started to pull these blogs together, I realized that my IOT discussion lacked a vision; it lacked an end point towards which an organization could drive their IOT envisioning, proof of value, app dev, data engineering and data science efforts. And I think that the IOT end point is really quite simple…
Aug. 27, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,336
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Aug. 27, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,611
SYS-CON Events announced today that eCube Systems, a leading provider of middleware modernization, integration, and management solutions, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. eCube Systems offers a family of middleware evolution products and services that maximize return on technology investment by leveraging existing technical equity to meet evolving business needs. ...
Aug. 27, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 630
StarNet Communications Corp has announced the addition of three Secure Remote Desktop modules to its flagship X-Win32 PC X server. The new modules enable X-Win32 to safely tunnel the remote desktops from Linux and Unix servers to the user’s PC over encrypted SSH. Traditionally, users of PC X servers deploy the XDMCP protocol to display remote desktop environments such as the Gnome and KDE desktops on Linux servers and the CDE environment on Solaris Unix machines. XDMCP is used primarily on comp...
Aug. 27, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 642
Traditional on-premises data centers have long been the domain of modern data platforms like Apache Hadoop, meaning companies who build their business on public cloud were challenged to run Big Data processing and analytics at scale. But recent advancements in Hadoop performance, security, and most importantly cloud-native integrations, are giving organizations the ability to truly gain value from all their data. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, David Tishgart, Director of Product Marketing ...
Aug. 27, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 506
DevOps at Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long dev...
Aug. 27, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,355
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Aug. 27, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,967