|By PR Newswire||
|January 20, 2014 10:31 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Jan. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Financial Analysis and Market Sizing of the Event Management Software Market
Operational Efficiency is the Key to Achieving a Profitable Bottom Line
This study analyses the various segments in the event management software market and provides market size and forecast for each of these segments. These are based on extensive secondary and primary research, which also take into account the findings of a survey directed at users of event management software across segments. The study discusses the funding patterns of firms and its implications. This is followed by a financial analysis of the entire market, based on several key financial ratios. The study then concludes with a hypothetical financial valuation that estimates returns to an entrepreneur, a venture capital investor, and a private equity investor for a typical firm in this market.
• Event-related mobile applications is the most promising segment in terms of growth prospects. Though event registration is evolving rapidly, the presence of established, conventional non-software solutions in this market continues to provide stiff competition to software solutions in this market.
• The growth of the events and planning market and the proliferation of social media are two main drivers of firms in the overall event management software market.
• Newer entrants in this market begin by targeting niche audiences while mid-size firms focus on end-to-end solutions.
• Venture capitalists (VCs) are the predominant source of funding for firms in this market. In the recent past, interest from private equity has also increased, suggesting that firms in this market can explore this additional alternative as well.
• Average deal value has declined significantly after 2008 due to the high risk aversion levels of investors.
• PE investor transactions in this market has marginally increased, which implies that the event management market is evolving in terms of cash flow predictability.
• The total asset turnover for start-ups has been stable at X times while the same for mid-sized firms is X times, implying higher efficiency for start-ups.
• On the other hand, the CAPEX-to-sales ratio for start-ups has typically been less than X while the same for mid-sized firms has been greater than X times. This suggests that mid-sized firms are able to utilize their capital expenditures much more effectively than start-ups.
• A hypothetical financial model, based on relevant market data and available financial variables indicates that, ceteris paribus, an investment in this market by a venture capitalist (VC) in a start-up would result in an internal rate of return (IRR) exceeding X times while the same by a PE in a mid-sized firm would result in a IRR exceeding X times.
Research Objective and Scope
• To analyze the event management software market and its segments and identify key drivers and restraints
• To estimate and forecast the size of the market
• To analyze the financial performance of the market and identify areas which can enable firms to (financially) outperform in this market
• To evaluate the returns to an entrepreneur and investor participating in this market
• Event registration
• Event-related mobile applications
• FY 2013–2016
• Activity (Turnover)
• Event Management Software companies
• Private Equity (PE) firms
• Venture Capital (VC) investors
• Fund managers
• Retail investors
• Sovereign wealth funds
• Hedge funds
• Insurance funds and other members of the investing community
• Frost & Sullivan in-house research expertise
• Established business and financial databases (e.g., Capital IQ)
• Company annual reports
• Published news
• Press releases
Scope of Analysis
• companies (public and private) across the globe
• funding transactions
• Transactions include PE, VC, private investment in public equity (PIPE), mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and public offering transactions.
• The scope of the market is to cover providers of software used for planning and managing events, such as meetings, conferences, seminars and workshops. This includes corporate and non-corporate events, such as non-profit events.
• Event management through manual effort is referred to as 'non-software market' while event management using event management software is referred to as 'software market'. As the non-software market presents the addressable market for event management software firms, both classifications are clubbed under event management software market for this study.
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Research Objective and Scope
3. The Total Event Management Software Market
4. Global Event Registration Segment
5. Global Event-related Mobile Applications Segment
6. Funding Patterns and Financial Analysis
7. Financial Valuation
10. The Frost & Sullivan Story
To order this report: Financial Analysis and Market Sizing of the Event Management Software Market
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
With the introduction of IoT and Smart Living in every aspect of our lives, one question has become relevant: What are the security implications? To answer this, first we have to look and explore the security models of the technologies that IoT is founded upon. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Nevi Kaja, a Research Engineer at Ford Motor Company, will discuss some of the security challenges of the IoT infrastructure and relate how these aspects impact Smart Living. The material will be delivered i...
Mar. 26, 2017 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,029
As software becomes more and more complex, we, as software developers, have been splitting up our code into smaller and smaller components. This is also true for the environment in which we run our code: going from bare metal, to VMs to the modern-day Cloud Native world of containers, schedulers and micro services. While we have figured out how to run containerized applications in the cloud using schedulers, we've yet to come up with a good solution to bridge the gap between getting your contain...
Mar. 26, 2017 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 7,548
Apache Hadoop is emerging as a distributed platform for handling large and fast incoming streams of data. Predictive maintenance, supply chain optimization, and Internet-of-Things analysis are examples where Hadoop provides the scalable storage, processing, and analytics platform to gain meaningful insights from granular data that is typically only valuable from a large-scale, aggregate view. One architecture useful for capturing and analyzing streaming data is the Lambda Architecture, represent...
Mar. 26, 2017 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 6,100
As organizations realize the scope of the Internet of Things, gaining key insights from Big Data, through the use of advanced analytics, becomes crucial. However, IoT also creates the need for petabyte scale storage of data from millions of devices. A new type of Storage is required which seamlessly integrates robust data analytics with massive scale. These storage systems will act as “smart systems” provide in-place analytics that speed discovery and enable businesses to quickly derive meaningf...
Mar. 26, 2017 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 9,580
Your homes and cars can be automated and self-serviced. Why can't your storage? From simply asking questions to analyze and troubleshoot your infrastructure, to provisioning storage with snapshots, recovery and replication, your wildest sci-fi dream has come true. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Dan Florea, Director of Product Management at Tintri, will provide a ChatOps demo where you can talk to your storage and manage it from anywhere, through Slack and similar services ...
Mar. 26, 2017 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 4,249
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ocean9will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Ocean9 provides cloud services for Backup, Disaster Recovery (DRaaS) and instant Innovation, and redefines enterprise infrastructure with its cloud native subscription offerings for mission critical SAP workloads.
Mar. 26, 2017 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,034
Building a cross-cloud operational model can be a daunting task. Per-cloud silos are not the answer, but neither is a fully generic abstraction plane that strips out capabilities unique to a particular provider. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Wolf, VP & Chief Technology Officer, Global Field & Industry at VMware, will discuss how successful organizations approach cloud operations and management, with insights into where operations should be centralized and when it’s best to decentraliz...
Mar. 26, 2017 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,586
The taxi industry never saw Uber coming. Startups are a threat to incumbents like never before, and a major enabler for startups is that they are instantly “cloud ready.” If innovation moves at the pace of IT, then your company is in trouble. Why? Because your data center will not keep up with frenetic pace AWS, Microsoft and Google are rolling out new capabilities In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Don Browning, VP of Cloud Architecture at Turner, will posit that disruption is inevitable for c...
Mar. 26, 2017 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,123
Providing the needed data for application development and testing is a huge headache for most organizations. The problems are often the same across companies - speed, quality, cost, and control. Provisioning data can take days or weeks, every time a refresh is required. Using dummy data leads to quality problems. Creating physical copies of large data sets and sending them to distributed teams of developers eats up expensive storage and bandwidth resources. And, all of these copies proliferating...
Mar. 26, 2017 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 6,518
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm. In his Day 3 Keynote at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Brown, a Solutions Marketing Manager at Nutanix, will explore t...
Mar. 26, 2017 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,800
DevOps has often been described in terms of CAMS: Culture, Automation, Measuring, Sharing. While we’ve seen a lot of focus on the “A” and even on the “M”, there are very few examples of why the “C" is equally important in the DevOps equation. In her session at @DevOps Summit, Lori MacVittie, of F5 Networks, explored HTTP/1 and HTTP/2 along with Microservices to illustrate why a collaborative culture between Dev, Ops, and the Network is critical to ensuring success.
Mar. 26, 2017 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 10,536
Interoute has announced the integration of its Global Cloud Infrastructure platform with Rancher Labs’ container management platform, Rancher. This approach enables enterprises to accelerate their digital transformation and infrastructure investments. Matthew Finnie, Interoute CTO commented “Enterprises developing and building apps in the cloud and those on a path to Digital Transformation need Digital ICT Infrastructure that allows them to build, test and deploy faster than ever before. The int...
Mar. 26, 2017 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 946
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Mar. 26, 2017 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,764
SYS-CON Events announced today that Conference Guru has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6–8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. A valuable conference experience generates new contacts, sales leads, potential strategic partners and potential investors; helps gather competitive intelligence and even provides inspiration for new products and services. Conference Guru works with conference organizers to pass great dea...
Mar. 26, 2017 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 4,369
SYS-CON Events announced today that Technologic Systems Inc., an embedded systems solutions company, will exhibit at SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Technologic Systems is an embedded systems company with headquarters in Fountain Hills, Arizona. They have been in business for 32 years, helping more than 8,000 OEM customers and building over a hundred COTS products that have never been discontinued. Technologic Systems’ pr...
Mar. 26, 2017 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,385