|By Marketwired .||
|January 20, 2014 01:56 PM EST||
TORONTO, ON -- (Marketwired) -- 01/20/14 -- Australia is far, far away. Despite this, Australians have managed to impress the world over. With famous celebrities such as Nicole Kidman, Hugh Jackman and Russell Crowe; eye-catching landmarks including the Sydney Opera House, the Outback and the Great Barrier Reef; and, of course, consumer favourites such as Vegemite, UGGs and the famous Aussie accent, there can be no doubt of the influence Australia has had globally. So on January 26th, when Australians and Australian expats around the world celebrate Australia Day, that country's official national day, why not join in on some Aussie fun? To help inspire you, the travel experts at Cheapflights.ca, the online leader in finding and publishing travel deals, have created a list of Top 10 Tastes of Australia outside of Australia featuring Oz-style restaurants and pubs from around the globe -- proving once again how that Australian experience is enjoyed and celebrated worldwide.
Below are five top Aussie hotspots to make the list located in five different countries around the globe. Note that not one of them features cork hats, didgeridoos or shrimp on the barbie.
- KO Catering & Pies, Boston, Mass., United States - Since 2010, the team at KO Catering & Pies has been serving up Australian cuisine to the people of Boston in the form of sandwiches, salads, burgers, sausage rolls and, of course, pies. Along with the classic mince and mince and cheese pies, KO also creates several unique flavour combinations including curried vegetable and Irish beef stew and offers a tasty selection of Southern Hemisphere treats such as lamingtons, Anzac biscuits and pavlova. With stores in South and East Boston you're never too far away from a pie fix. While you're there, ex-pats (and taste aficionados) should remember to stock up on all the pantry essentials -- Tim Tams, Milo and Vegemite.
- Kaffeine, London, England - Many in the know will agree the best coffee in London is often brewed at the hands of Antipodean baristas, and the team at Kaffeine brews some of the best. Australia has a highly evolved coffee culture that borders on obsession and is more developed than the scene enjoyed by their cousins in America and Britain. Small independent coffee houses are favoured over large international chains and (with a little help from the kiwis) they created the pinnacle of coffee perfection -- the flat white. Despite being only two minutes from the shopping chaos of Oxford Circus, the vibe at Kaffeine is distinctly laidback Australian. You'll most likely be there for the coffee, but the menu is definitely worth a look too. It changes regularly to make the most of what produce is in season with Australian favourites popping up all over the place. If sampling the fare isn't enough, you could always sign up for one of Kaffeine's popular coffee courses where you can learn to create your own latte art.
- Peaked Pies, Whistler, British Columbia, Canada - Though they're usually enjoyed in a warmer climate, a steaming hot meat pie certainly makes the perfect accompaniment to a chilly Whistler winter, especially if you've just come off the slopes. Founded by Kerri and Alex, an Aussie pie-lover and Canadian baker, Peaked Pies has brought classic Aussie pie flavours like mince and steak along with variety of specialty flavours to the Whistler Main Street. For a little something extra you can add a "Peak" to your pie in the form of mashed potatoes, mushy peas and gravy. In keeping with its Aussie roots, Peaked is hosting its very own pie eating contest for Australia Day.
- Antipodean Café, Bangsar, Kuala Lumpur - Sticking to brunch, but shifting continents, Antipodean Café in Bangsar works hard to produce an "antipodean" style cafe food menu. BLTs, sourdough sandwiches, and a display case stuffed full of freshly baked cakes, cookies, pies and banana bread -- everything you'd expect to find in an Australian café. Shortlisted for Best for Coffee in the Time Out KL Food Awards over the past three years, the café's popularity means it's usually packed on weekends, but even if you have to line up, it's well worth the wait.
- Crossfield's Australian Pub, Vienna, Austria - A noteworthy Aussie Pub in the heart of Vienna? Despite the slightly "Ocker" décor, this isn't one of the tacky themed bars like the so-called "Irish" Pubs that pop up all over the world. Stop by for a big breakfast or a simple plate of Vegemite on toast, burgers, barbecued meats (including kangaroo and croc), seafood and pub snacks. Oh, and they're hosting their very own Australia Day party this year.
Rounding out our list of Aussie delights are: Uluru Bistro, Armagh, Northern Ireland; Reef N' Beef, Copenhagen, Denmark; Federal Café, Barcelona, Spain; The Espy, Edinburgh, Scotland; and Melbourne Canteen, Berlin, Germany. To read the Oz-some details on these and Cheapflights.ca's complete list of Top 10 Tastes of Australia Outside of Australia, visit www.cheapflights.ca/travel/top-10-tastes-of-australia-outside-of-australia.
About Cheapflights.ca, part of the Momondo Group
Momondo Group is an online travel media and technology company that is driven by the belief that an open world is a better world. The group now serves travel search and inspiration to over 13 million visitors a month -- plus 7 million travel newsletter subscribers -- via its Cheapflights (www.cheapflights.ca) and momondo (www.momondo.com) brands.
Skygate began the sourcing of complex air-travel data in 1992, while Cheapflights pioneered the online comparison of flight deals for users in 1996 and momondo launched meta-search in the Nordic countries in 2006.
The Group has offices in London, Copenhagen, Boston and Toronto, with a consumer base across more than 25 core international markets but users all over the world.
Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/cheapflights
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/cheapflights
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2499582
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their backend AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT - especially in the connected home and office. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Kocher, founder and managing director of Grey Heron, explained how Amazon is extending its reach to become a major force in IoT by building on its dominant cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strat...
Oct. 25, 2016 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 4,795
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential M2M Brand by Onalytica in the ‘Machine to Machine: Top 100 Influencers and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed the online debate on M2M by looking at over 85,000 tweets to provide the most influential individuals and brands that drive the discussion. According to Onalytica the "analysis showed a very engaged community with a lot of interactive tweets. The M2M discussion seems to be more fragmented and driven by some of the major brands present in the...
Oct. 25, 2016 06:15 AM EDT Reads: 11,427
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interface Masters Technologies, a leader in Network Visibility and Uptime Solutions, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Interface Masters Technologies is a leading vendor in the network monitoring and high speed networking markets. Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, Interface Masters' expertise lies in Gigabit, 10 Gigabit and 40 Gigabit Eth...
Oct. 25, 2016 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,347
We are reaching the end of the beginning with WebRTC, and real systems using this technology have begun to appear. One challenge that faces every WebRTC deployment (in some form or another) is identity management. For example, if you have an existing service – possibly built on a variety of different PaaS/SaaS offerings – and you want to add real-time communications you are faced with a challenge relating to user management, authentication, authorization, and validation. Service providers will w...
Oct. 25, 2016 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,368
As software becomes more and more complex, we, as software developers, have been splitting up our code into smaller and smaller components. This is also true for the environment in which we run our code: going from bare metal, to VMs to the modern-day Cloud Native world of containers, schedulers and microservices. While we have figured out how to run containerized applications in the cloud using schedulers, we've yet to come up with a good solution to bridge the gap between getting your conta...
Oct. 25, 2016 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,515
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Oct. 25, 2016 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,993
DevOps theory promotes a culture of continuous improvement built on collaboration, empowerment, systems thinking, and feedback loops. But how do you collaborate effectively across the traditional silos? How can you make decisions without system-wide visibility? How can you see the whole system when it is spread across teams and locations? How do you close feedback loops across teams and activities delivering complex multi-tier, cloud, container, serverless, and/or API-based services?
Oct. 25, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,085
SYS-CON Media announced today that @WebRTCSummit Blog, the largest WebRTC resource in the world, has been launched. @WebRTCSummit Blog offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. @WebRTCSummit Blog can be bookmarked ▸ Here @WebRTCSummit conference site can be bookmarked ▸ Here
Oct. 25, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 9,702
SYS-CON Events announced today that Streamlyzer will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Streamlyzer is a powerful analytics for video streaming service that enables video streaming providers to monitor and analyze QoE (Quality-of-Experience) from end-user devices in real time.
Oct. 25, 2016 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,008
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Oct. 25, 2016 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 948
One of biggest questions about Big Data is “How do we harness all that information for business use quickly and effectively?” Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or spatial technology is about more than making maps, but adding critical context and meaning to data of all types, coming from all different channels – even sensors. In his session at @ThingsExpo, William (Bill) Meehan, director of utility solutions for Esri, will take a closer look at the current state of spatial technology and ar...
Oct. 25, 2016 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,738
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftNet Solutions will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. SoftNet Solutions specializes in Enterprise Solutions for Hadoop and Big Data. It offers customers the most open, robust, and value-conscious portfolio of solutions, services, and tools for the shortest route to success with Big Data. The unique differentiator is the ability to architect and ...
Oct. 25, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 962
The IoT industry is now at a crossroads, between the fast-paced innovation of technologies and the pending mass adoption by global enterprises. The complexity of combining rapidly evolving technologies and the need to establish practices for market acceleration pose a strong challenge to global enterprises as well as IoT vendors. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Clark Smith, senior product manager for Numerex, will discuss how Numerex, as an experienced, established IoT provider, has embraced a ...
Oct. 25, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,124
Today every business relies on software to drive the innovation necessary for a competitive edge in the Application Economy. This is why collaboration between development and operations, or DevOps, has become IT’s number one priority. Whether you are in Dev or Ops, understanding how to implement a DevOps strategy can deliver faster development cycles, improved software quality, reduced deployment times and overall better experiences for your customers.
Oct. 25, 2016 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 918
Without lifecycle traceability and visibility across the tool chain, stakeholders from Planning-to-Ops have limited insight and answers to who, what, when, why and how across the DevOps lifecycle. This impacts the ability to deliver high quality software at the needed velocity to drive positive business outcomes. In his session at @DevOpsSummit 19th Cloud Expo, Eric Robertson, General Manager at CollabNet, will show how customers are able to achieve a level of transparency that enables everyon...
Oct. 25, 2016 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,306