|By Marketwired .||
|January 20, 2014 01:56 PM EST||
TORONTO, ON -- (Marketwired) -- 01/20/14 -- Australia is far, far away. Despite this, Australians have managed to impress the world over. With famous celebrities such as Nicole Kidman, Hugh Jackman and Russell Crowe; eye-catching landmarks including the Sydney Opera House, the Outback and the Great Barrier Reef; and, of course, consumer favourites such as Vegemite, UGGs and the famous Aussie accent, there can be no doubt of the influence Australia has had globally. So on January 26th, when Australians and Australian expats around the world celebrate Australia Day, that country's official national day, why not join in on some Aussie fun? To help inspire you, the travel experts at Cheapflights.ca, the online leader in finding and publishing travel deals, have created a list of Top 10 Tastes of Australia outside of Australia featuring Oz-style restaurants and pubs from around the globe -- proving once again how that Australian experience is enjoyed and celebrated worldwide.
Below are five top Aussie hotspots to make the list located in five different countries around the globe. Note that not one of them features cork hats, didgeridoos or shrimp on the barbie.
- KO Catering & Pies, Boston, Mass., United States - Since 2010, the team at KO Catering & Pies has been serving up Australian cuisine to the people of Boston in the form of sandwiches, salads, burgers, sausage rolls and, of course, pies. Along with the classic mince and mince and cheese pies, KO also creates several unique flavour combinations including curried vegetable and Irish beef stew and offers a tasty selection of Southern Hemisphere treats such as lamingtons, Anzac biscuits and pavlova. With stores in South and East Boston you're never too far away from a pie fix. While you're there, ex-pats (and taste aficionados) should remember to stock up on all the pantry essentials -- Tim Tams, Milo and Vegemite.
- Kaffeine, London, England - Many in the know will agree the best coffee in London is often brewed at the hands of Antipodean baristas, and the team at Kaffeine brews some of the best. Australia has a highly evolved coffee culture that borders on obsession and is more developed than the scene enjoyed by their cousins in America and Britain. Small independent coffee houses are favoured over large international chains and (with a little help from the kiwis) they created the pinnacle of coffee perfection -- the flat white. Despite being only two minutes from the shopping chaos of Oxford Circus, the vibe at Kaffeine is distinctly laidback Australian. You'll most likely be there for the coffee, but the menu is definitely worth a look too. It changes regularly to make the most of what produce is in season with Australian favourites popping up all over the place. If sampling the fare isn't enough, you could always sign up for one of Kaffeine's popular coffee courses where you can learn to create your own latte art.
- Peaked Pies, Whistler, British Columbia, Canada - Though they're usually enjoyed in a warmer climate, a steaming hot meat pie certainly makes the perfect accompaniment to a chilly Whistler winter, especially if you've just come off the slopes. Founded by Kerri and Alex, an Aussie pie-lover and Canadian baker, Peaked Pies has brought classic Aussie pie flavours like mince and steak along with variety of specialty flavours to the Whistler Main Street. For a little something extra you can add a "Peak" to your pie in the form of mashed potatoes, mushy peas and gravy. In keeping with its Aussie roots, Peaked is hosting its very own pie eating contest for Australia Day.
- Antipodean Café, Bangsar, Kuala Lumpur - Sticking to brunch, but shifting continents, Antipodean Café in Bangsar works hard to produce an "antipodean" style cafe food menu. BLTs, sourdough sandwiches, and a display case stuffed full of freshly baked cakes, cookies, pies and banana bread -- everything you'd expect to find in an Australian café. Shortlisted for Best for Coffee in the Time Out KL Food Awards over the past three years, the café's popularity means it's usually packed on weekends, but even if you have to line up, it's well worth the wait.
- Crossfield's Australian Pub, Vienna, Austria - A noteworthy Aussie Pub in the heart of Vienna? Despite the slightly "Ocker" décor, this isn't one of the tacky themed bars like the so-called "Irish" Pubs that pop up all over the world. Stop by for a big breakfast or a simple plate of Vegemite on toast, burgers, barbecued meats (including kangaroo and croc), seafood and pub snacks. Oh, and they're hosting their very own Australia Day party this year.
Rounding out our list of Aussie delights are: Uluru Bistro, Armagh, Northern Ireland; Reef N' Beef, Copenhagen, Denmark; Federal Café, Barcelona, Spain; The Espy, Edinburgh, Scotland; and Melbourne Canteen, Berlin, Germany. To read the Oz-some details on these and Cheapflights.ca's complete list of Top 10 Tastes of Australia Outside of Australia, visit www.cheapflights.ca/travel/top-10-tastes-of-australia-outside-of-australia.
About Cheapflights.ca, part of the Momondo Group
Momondo Group is an online travel media and technology company that is driven by the belief that an open world is a better world. The group now serves travel search and inspiration to over 13 million visitors a month -- plus 7 million travel newsletter subscribers -- via its Cheapflights (www.cheapflights.ca) and momondo (www.momondo.com) brands.
Skygate began the sourcing of complex air-travel data in 1992, while Cheapflights pioneered the online comparison of flight deals for users in 1996 and momondo launched meta-search in the Nordic countries in 2006.
The Group has offices in London, Copenhagen, Boston and Toronto, with a consumer base across more than 25 core international markets but users all over the world.
Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/cheapflights
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/cheapflights
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2499582
SYS-CON Media announced today that @WebRTCSummit Blog, the largest WebRTC resource in the world, has been launched. @WebRTCSummit Blog offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. @WebRTCSummit Blog can be bookmarked ▸ Here @WebRTCSummit conference site can be bookmarked ▸ Here
Feb. 25, 2017 08:00 PM EST Reads: 13,546
In his session at DevOps Summit, Tapabrata Pal, Director of Enterprise Architecture at Capital One, will tell a story about how Capital One has embraced Agile and DevOps Security practices across the Enterprise – driven by Enterprise Architecture; bringing in Development, Operations and Information Security organizations together. Capital Ones DevOpsSec practice is based upon three "pillars" – Shift-Left, Automate Everything, Dashboard Everything. Within about three years, from 100% waterfall, C...
Feb. 25, 2017 08:00 PM EST Reads: 11,315
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Feb. 25, 2017 08:00 PM EST Reads: 1,909
SYS-CON Events announced today that Addteq will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Addteq is one of the top 10 Platinum Atlassian Experts who specialize in DevOps, custom and continuous integration, automation, plugin development, and consulting for midsize and global firms. Addteq firmly believes that automation is essential for successful software releases. Addteq centers its products an...
Feb. 25, 2017 07:45 PM EST Reads: 394
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Feb. 25, 2017 07:30 PM EST Reads: 1,798
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Feb. 25, 2017 07:00 PM EST Reads: 8,811
SYS-CON Events announced today that IoT Now has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6–8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. IoT Now explores the evolving opportunities and challenges facing CSPs, and it passes on some lessons learned from those who have taken the first steps in next-gen IoT services.
Feb. 25, 2017 07:00 PM EST Reads: 1,672
SYS-CON Events announced today that WineSOFT will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Based in Seoul and Irvine, WineSOFT is an innovative software house focusing on internet infrastructure solutions. The venture started as a bootstrap start-up in 2010 by focusing on making the internet faster and more powerful. WineSOFT’s knowledge is based on the expertise of TCP/IP, VPN, SSL, peer-to-peer, mob...
Feb. 25, 2017 06:45 PM EST Reads: 1,933
For organizations that have amassed large sums of software complexity, taking a microservices approach is the first step toward DevOps and continuous improvement / development. Integrating system-level analysis with microservices makes it easier to change and add functionality to applications at any time without the increase of risk. Before you start big transformation projects or a cloud migration, make sure these changes won’t take down your entire organization.
Feb. 25, 2017 06:30 PM EST Reads: 1,385
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, discussed the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports.
Feb. 25, 2017 06:30 PM EST Reads: 2,164
Big Data, cloud, analytics, contextual information, wearable tech, sensors, mobility, and WebRTC: together, these advances have created a perfect storm of technologies that are disrupting and transforming classic communications models and ecosystems. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Erik Perotti, Senior Manager of New Ventures on Plantronics’ Innovation team, provided an overview of this technological shift, including associated business and consumer communications impacts, and opportunities it m...
Feb. 25, 2017 06:00 PM EST Reads: 7,692
With billions of sensors deployed worldwide, the amount of machine-generated data will soon exceed what our networks can handle. But consumers and businesses will expect seamless experiences and real-time responsiveness. What does this mean for IoT devices and the infrastructure that supports them? More of the data will need to be handled at - or closer to - the devices themselves.
Feb. 25, 2017 05:45 PM EST Reads: 2,216
When you focus on a journey from up-close, you look at your own technical and cultural history and how you changed it for the benefit of the customer. This was our starting point: too many integration issues, 13 SWP days and very long cycles. It was evident that in this fast-paced industry we could no longer afford this reality. We needed something that would take us beyond reducing the development lifecycles, CI and Agile methodologies. We made a fundamental difference, even changed our culture...
Feb. 25, 2017 05:45 PM EST Reads: 2,935
Updating DevOps to the latest production data slows down your development cycle. Probably it is due to slow, inefficient conventional storage and associated copy data management practices. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Dhiraj Sehgal, in Product and Solution at Tintri, will talk about DevOps and cloud-focused storage to update hundreds of child VMs (different flavors) with updates from a master VM in minutes, saving hours or even days in each development cycle. He will also...
Feb. 25, 2017 05:15 PM EST Reads: 2,682
SYS-CON Events announced today that Dataloop.IO, an innovator in cloud IT-monitoring whose products help organizations save time and money, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Dataloop.IO is an emerging software company on the cutting edge of major IT-infrastructure trends including cloud computing and microservices. The company, founded in the UK but now based in San Fran...
Feb. 25, 2017 05:00 PM EST Reads: 2,933