|By Marketwired .||
|January 20, 2014 01:56 PM EST||
TORONTO, ON -- (Marketwired) -- 01/20/14 -- Australia is far, far away. Despite this, Australians have managed to impress the world over. With famous celebrities such as Nicole Kidman, Hugh Jackman and Russell Crowe; eye-catching landmarks including the Sydney Opera House, the Outback and the Great Barrier Reef; and, of course, consumer favourites such as Vegemite, UGGs and the famous Aussie accent, there can be no doubt of the influence Australia has had globally. So on January 26th, when Australians and Australian expats around the world celebrate Australia Day, that country's official national day, why not join in on some Aussie fun? To help inspire you, the travel experts at Cheapflights.ca, the online leader in finding and publishing travel deals, have created a list of Top 10 Tastes of Australia outside of Australia featuring Oz-style restaurants and pubs from around the globe -- proving once again how that Australian experience is enjoyed and celebrated worldwide.
Below are five top Aussie hotspots to make the list located in five different countries around the globe. Note that not one of them features cork hats, didgeridoos or shrimp on the barbie.
- KO Catering & Pies, Boston, Mass., United States - Since 2010, the team at KO Catering & Pies has been serving up Australian cuisine to the people of Boston in the form of sandwiches, salads, burgers, sausage rolls and, of course, pies. Along with the classic mince and mince and cheese pies, KO also creates several unique flavour combinations including curried vegetable and Irish beef stew and offers a tasty selection of Southern Hemisphere treats such as lamingtons, Anzac biscuits and pavlova. With stores in South and East Boston you're never too far away from a pie fix. While you're there, ex-pats (and taste aficionados) should remember to stock up on all the pantry essentials -- Tim Tams, Milo and Vegemite.
- Kaffeine, London, England - Many in the know will agree the best coffee in London is often brewed at the hands of Antipodean baristas, and the team at Kaffeine brews some of the best. Australia has a highly evolved coffee culture that borders on obsession and is more developed than the scene enjoyed by their cousins in America and Britain. Small independent coffee houses are favoured over large international chains and (with a little help from the kiwis) they created the pinnacle of coffee perfection -- the flat white. Despite being only two minutes from the shopping chaos of Oxford Circus, the vibe at Kaffeine is distinctly laidback Australian. You'll most likely be there for the coffee, but the menu is definitely worth a look too. It changes regularly to make the most of what produce is in season with Australian favourites popping up all over the place. If sampling the fare isn't enough, you could always sign up for one of Kaffeine's popular coffee courses where you can learn to create your own latte art.
- Peaked Pies, Whistler, British Columbia, Canada - Though they're usually enjoyed in a warmer climate, a steaming hot meat pie certainly makes the perfect accompaniment to a chilly Whistler winter, especially if you've just come off the slopes. Founded by Kerri and Alex, an Aussie pie-lover and Canadian baker, Peaked Pies has brought classic Aussie pie flavours like mince and steak along with variety of specialty flavours to the Whistler Main Street. For a little something extra you can add a "Peak" to your pie in the form of mashed potatoes, mushy peas and gravy. In keeping with its Aussie roots, Peaked is hosting its very own pie eating contest for Australia Day.
- Antipodean Café, Bangsar, Kuala Lumpur - Sticking to brunch, but shifting continents, Antipodean Café in Bangsar works hard to produce an "antipodean" style cafe food menu. BLTs, sourdough sandwiches, and a display case stuffed full of freshly baked cakes, cookies, pies and banana bread -- everything you'd expect to find in an Australian café. Shortlisted for Best for Coffee in the Time Out KL Food Awards over the past three years, the café's popularity means it's usually packed on weekends, but even if you have to line up, it's well worth the wait.
- Crossfield's Australian Pub, Vienna, Austria - A noteworthy Aussie Pub in the heart of Vienna? Despite the slightly "Ocker" décor, this isn't one of the tacky themed bars like the so-called "Irish" Pubs that pop up all over the world. Stop by for a big breakfast or a simple plate of Vegemite on toast, burgers, barbecued meats (including kangaroo and croc), seafood and pub snacks. Oh, and they're hosting their very own Australia Day party this year.
Rounding out our list of Aussie delights are: Uluru Bistro, Armagh, Northern Ireland; Reef N' Beef, Copenhagen, Denmark; Federal Café, Barcelona, Spain; The Espy, Edinburgh, Scotland; and Melbourne Canteen, Berlin, Germany. To read the Oz-some details on these and Cheapflights.ca's complete list of Top 10 Tastes of Australia Outside of Australia, visit www.cheapflights.ca/travel/top-10-tastes-of-australia-outside-of-australia.
About Cheapflights.ca, part of the Momondo Group
Momondo Group is an online travel media and technology company that is driven by the belief that an open world is a better world. The group now serves travel search and inspiration to over 13 million visitors a month -- plus 7 million travel newsletter subscribers -- via its Cheapflights (www.cheapflights.ca) and momondo (www.momondo.com) brands.
Skygate began the sourcing of complex air-travel data in 1992, while Cheapflights pioneered the online comparison of flight deals for users in 1996 and momondo launched meta-search in the Nordic countries in 2006.
The Group has offices in London, Copenhagen, Boston and Toronto, with a consumer base across more than 25 core international markets but users all over the world.
Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/cheapflights
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/cheapflights
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2499582
Cloud computing delivers on-demand resources that provide businesses with flexibility and cost-savings. The challenge in moving workloads to the cloud has been the cost and complexity of ensuring the initial and ongoing security and regulatory (PCI, HIPAA, FFIEC) compliance across private and public clouds. Manual security compliance is slow, prone to human error, and represents over 50% of the cost of managing cloud applications. Determining how to automate cloud security compliance is critical...
Nov. 28, 2015 08:00 PM EST Reads: 430
The Internet of Things (IoT) is growing rapidly by extending current technologies, products and networks. By 2020, Cisco estimates there will be 50 billion connected devices. Gartner has forecast revenues of over $300 billion, just to IoT suppliers. Now is the time to figure out how you’ll make money – not just create innovative products. With hundreds of new products and companies jumping into the IoT fray every month, there’s no shortage of innovation. Despite this, McKinsey/VisionMobile data...
Nov. 28, 2015 01:00 PM EST Reads: 479
Just over a week ago I received a long and loud sustained applause for a presentation I delivered at this year’s Cloud Expo in Santa Clara. I was extremely pleased with the turnout and had some very good conversations with many of the attendees. Over the next few days I had many more meaningful conversations and was not only happy with the results but also learned a few new things. Here is everything I learned in those three days distilled into three short points.
Nov. 28, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 338
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York and Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty ...
Nov. 28, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 553
In his General Session at DevOps Summit, Asaf Yigal, Co-Founder & VP of Product at Logz.io, explored the value of Kibana 4 for log analysis and provided a hands-on tutorial on how to set up Kibana 4 and get the most out of Apache log files. He examined three use cases: IT operations, business intelligence, and security and compliance. Asaf Yigal is co-founder and VP of Product at log analytics software company Logz.io. In the past, he was co-founder of social-trading platform Currensee, which...
Nov. 28, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 233
DevOps is about increasing efficiency, but nothing is more inefficient than building the same application twice. However, this is a routine occurrence with enterprise applications that need both a rich desktop web interface and strong mobile support. With recent technological advances from Isomorphic Software and others, rich desktop and tuned mobile experiences can now be created with a single codebase – without compromising functionality, performance or usability. In his session at DevOps Su...
Nov. 28, 2015 11:45 AM EST Reads: 407
As organizations realize the scope of the Internet of Things, gaining key insights from Big Data, through the use of advanced analytics, becomes crucial. However, IoT also creates the need for petabyte scale storage of data from millions of devices. A new type of Storage is required which seamlessly integrates robust data analytics with massive scale. These storage systems will act as “smart systems” provide in-place analytics that speed discovery and enable businesses to quickly derive meaningf...
Nov. 28, 2015 11:15 AM EST Reads: 416
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Nov. 28, 2015 11:00 AM EST Reads: 516
In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bruce Swann, Senior Product Marketing Manager for Adobe Campaign, explored the key ingredients of cross-channel marketing in a digital world. Learn how the Adobe Marketing Cloud can help marketers embrace opportunities for personalized, relevant and real-time customer engagement across offline (direct mail, point of sale, call center) and digital (email, website, SMS, mobile apps, social networks, connected objects).
Nov. 28, 2015 10:30 AM EST Reads: 315
The buzz continues for cloud, data analytics and the Internet of Things (IoT) and their collective impact across all industries. But a new conversation is emerging - how do companies use industry disruption and technology enablers to lead in markets undergoing change, uncertainty and ambiguity? Organizations of all sizes need to evolve and transform, often under massive pressure, as industry lines blur and merge and traditional business models are assaulted and turned upside down. In this new da...
Nov. 28, 2015 10:15 AM EST Reads: 258
We all know that data growth is exploding and storage budgets are shrinking. Instead of showing you charts on about how much data there is, in his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Scott Cleland, Senior Director of Product Marketing at HGST, showed how to capture all of your data in one place. After you have your data under control, you can then analyze it in one place, saving time and resources.
Nov. 28, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 199
Culture is the most important ingredient of DevOps. The challenge for most organizations is defining and communicating a vision of beneficial DevOps culture for their organizations, and then facilitating the changes needed to achieve that. Often this comes down to an ability to provide true leadership. As a CIO, are your direct reports IT managers or are they IT leaders? The hard truth is that many IT managers have risen through the ranks based on their technical skills, not their leadership ab...
Nov. 28, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 400
In recent years, at least 40% of companies using cloud applications have experienced data loss. One of the best prevention against cloud data loss is backing up your cloud data. In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Sam McIntyre, Partner Enablement Specialist at eFolder, presented how organizations can use eFolder Cloudfinder to automate backups of cloud application data. He also demonstrated how easy it is to search and restore cloud application data using Cloudfinder.
Nov. 28, 2015 09:00 AM EST Reads: 184
The Internet of Everything is re-shaping technology trends–moving away from “request/response” architecture to an “always-on” Streaming Web where data is in constant motion and secure, reliable communication is an absolute necessity. As more and more THINGS go online, the challenges that developers will need to address will only increase exponentially. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Todd Greene, Founder & CEO of PubNub, exploreed the current state of IoT connectivity and review key trends and t...
Nov. 28, 2015 08:45 AM EST Reads: 441
Two weeks ago (November 3-5), I attended the Cloud Expo Silicon Valley as a speaker, where I presented on the security and privacy due diligence requirements for cloud solutions. Cloud security is a topical issue for every CIO, CISO, and technology buyer. Decision-makers are always looking for insights on how to mitigate the security risks of implementing and using cloud solutions. Based on the presentation topics covered at the conference, as well as the general discussions heard between sessi...
Nov. 28, 2015 08:45 AM EST Reads: 332