|By Marketwired .||
|January 20, 2014 01:56 PM EST||
TORONTO, ON -- (Marketwired) -- 01/20/14 -- Australia is far, far away. Despite this, Australians have managed to impress the world over. With famous celebrities such as Nicole Kidman, Hugh Jackman and Russell Crowe; eye-catching landmarks including the Sydney Opera House, the Outback and the Great Barrier Reef; and, of course, consumer favourites such as Vegemite, UGGs and the famous Aussie accent, there can be no doubt of the influence Australia has had globally. So on January 26th, when Australians and Australian expats around the world celebrate Australia Day, that country's official national day, why not join in on some Aussie fun? To help inspire you, the travel experts at Cheapflights.ca, the online leader in finding and publishing travel deals, have created a list of Top 10 Tastes of Australia outside of Australia featuring Oz-style restaurants and pubs from around the globe -- proving once again how that Australian experience is enjoyed and celebrated worldwide.
Below are five top Aussie hotspots to make the list located in five different countries around the globe. Note that not one of them features cork hats, didgeridoos or shrimp on the barbie.
- KO Catering & Pies, Boston, Mass., United States - Since 2010, the team at KO Catering & Pies has been serving up Australian cuisine to the people of Boston in the form of sandwiches, salads, burgers, sausage rolls and, of course, pies. Along with the classic mince and mince and cheese pies, KO also creates several unique flavour combinations including curried vegetable and Irish beef stew and offers a tasty selection of Southern Hemisphere treats such as lamingtons, Anzac biscuits and pavlova. With stores in South and East Boston you're never too far away from a pie fix. While you're there, ex-pats (and taste aficionados) should remember to stock up on all the pantry essentials -- Tim Tams, Milo and Vegemite.
- Kaffeine, London, England - Many in the know will agree the best coffee in London is often brewed at the hands of Antipodean baristas, and the team at Kaffeine brews some of the best. Australia has a highly evolved coffee culture that borders on obsession and is more developed than the scene enjoyed by their cousins in America and Britain. Small independent coffee houses are favoured over large international chains and (with a little help from the kiwis) they created the pinnacle of coffee perfection -- the flat white. Despite being only two minutes from the shopping chaos of Oxford Circus, the vibe at Kaffeine is distinctly laidback Australian. You'll most likely be there for the coffee, but the menu is definitely worth a look too. It changes regularly to make the most of what produce is in season with Australian favourites popping up all over the place. If sampling the fare isn't enough, you could always sign up for one of Kaffeine's popular coffee courses where you can learn to create your own latte art.
- Peaked Pies, Whistler, British Columbia, Canada - Though they're usually enjoyed in a warmer climate, a steaming hot meat pie certainly makes the perfect accompaniment to a chilly Whistler winter, especially if you've just come off the slopes. Founded by Kerri and Alex, an Aussie pie-lover and Canadian baker, Peaked Pies has brought classic Aussie pie flavours like mince and steak along with variety of specialty flavours to the Whistler Main Street. For a little something extra you can add a "Peak" to your pie in the form of mashed potatoes, mushy peas and gravy. In keeping with its Aussie roots, Peaked is hosting its very own pie eating contest for Australia Day.
- Antipodean Café, Bangsar, Kuala Lumpur - Sticking to brunch, but shifting continents, Antipodean Café in Bangsar works hard to produce an "antipodean" style cafe food menu. BLTs, sourdough sandwiches, and a display case stuffed full of freshly baked cakes, cookies, pies and banana bread -- everything you'd expect to find in an Australian café. Shortlisted for Best for Coffee in the Time Out KL Food Awards over the past three years, the café's popularity means it's usually packed on weekends, but even if you have to line up, it's well worth the wait.
- Crossfield's Australian Pub, Vienna, Austria - A noteworthy Aussie Pub in the heart of Vienna? Despite the slightly "Ocker" décor, this isn't one of the tacky themed bars like the so-called "Irish" Pubs that pop up all over the world. Stop by for a big breakfast or a simple plate of Vegemite on toast, burgers, barbecued meats (including kangaroo and croc), seafood and pub snacks. Oh, and they're hosting their very own Australia Day party this year.
Rounding out our list of Aussie delights are: Uluru Bistro, Armagh, Northern Ireland; Reef N' Beef, Copenhagen, Denmark; Federal Café, Barcelona, Spain; The Espy, Edinburgh, Scotland; and Melbourne Canteen, Berlin, Germany. To read the Oz-some details on these and Cheapflights.ca's complete list of Top 10 Tastes of Australia Outside of Australia, visit www.cheapflights.ca/travel/top-10-tastes-of-australia-outside-of-australia.
About Cheapflights.ca, part of the Momondo Group
Momondo Group is an online travel media and technology company that is driven by the belief that an open world is a better world. The group now serves travel search and inspiration to over 13 million visitors a month -- plus 7 million travel newsletter subscribers -- via its Cheapflights (www.cheapflights.ca) and momondo (www.momondo.com) brands.
Skygate began the sourcing of complex air-travel data in 1992, while Cheapflights pioneered the online comparison of flight deals for users in 1996 and momondo launched meta-search in the Nordic countries in 2006.
The Group has offices in London, Copenhagen, Boston and Toronto, with a consumer base across more than 25 core international markets but users all over the world.
Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/cheapflights
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/cheapflights
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2499582
Just over a week ago I received a long and loud sustained applause for a presentation I delivered at this year’s Cloud Expo in Santa Clara. I was extremely pleased with the turnout and had some very good conversations with many of the attendees. Over the next few days I had many more meaningful conversations and was not only happy with the results but also learned a few new things. Here is everything I learned in those three days distilled into three short points.
Oct. 1, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 5,560
Digital innovation is the next big wave of business transformation based on digital technologies of which IoT and Big Data are key components, For example: Business boundary innovation is a challenge to excavate third-party business value using IoT and BigData, like Nest Business structure innovation may propose re-building business structure from scratch, as Uber does in the taxicab industry The social model innovation is also a big challenge to the new social architecture with the design fr...
Oct. 1, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,408
Data is an unusual currency; it is not restricted by the same transactional limitations as money or people. In fact, the more that you leverage your data across multiple business use cases, the more valuable it becomes to the organization. And the same can be said about the organization’s analytics. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bill Schmarzo, CTO for the Big Data Practice at EMC, will introduce a methodology for capturing, enriching and sharing data (and analytics) across the organizati...
Oct. 1, 2016 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,860
24Notion is full-service global creative digital marketing, technology and lifestyle agency that combines strategic ideas with customized tactical execution. With a broad understand of the art of traditional marketing, new media, communications and social influence, 24Notion uniquely understands how to connect your brand strategy with the right consumer. 24Notion ranked #12 on Corporate Social Responsibility - Book of List.
Oct. 1, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 676
Whether they’re located in a public, private, or hybrid cloud environment, cloud technologies are constantly evolving. While the innovation is exciting, the end mission of delivering business value and rapidly producing incremental product features is paramount. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Kiran Chitturi, CTO Architect at Sungard AS, will discuss DevOps culture, its evolution of frameworks and technologies, and how it is achieving maturity. He will also cover various st...
Oct. 1, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,055
Information technology is an industry that has always experienced change, and the dramatic change sweeping across the industry today could not be truthfully described as the first time we've seen such widespread change impacting customer investments. However, the rate of the change, and the potential outcomes from today's digital transformation has the distinct potential to separate the industry into two camps: Organizations that see the change coming, embrace it, and successful leverage it; and...
Oct. 1, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,321
Video experiences should be unique and exciting! But that doesn’t mean you need to patch all the pieces yourself. Users demand rich and engaging experiences and new ways to connect with you. But creating robust video applications at scale can be complicated, time-consuming and expensive. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Zohar Babin, Vice President of Platform, Ecosystem and Community at Kaltura, will discuss how VPaaS enables you to move fast, creating scalable video experiences that reach your ...
Oct. 1, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,309
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Oct. 1, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,738
One of biggest questions about Big Data is “How do we harness all that information for business use quickly and effectively?” Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or spatial technology is about more than making maps, but adding critical context and meaning to data of all types, coming from all different channels – even sensors. In his session at @ThingsExpo, William (Bill) Meehan, director of utility solutions for Esri, will take a closer look at the current state of spatial technology and ar...
Oct. 1, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 615
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Oct. 1, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,203
The vision of a connected smart home is becoming reality with the application of integrated wireless technologies in devices and appliances. The use of standardized and TCP/IP networked wireless technologies in line-powered and battery operated sensors and controls has led to the adoption of radios in the 2.4GHz band, including Wi-Fi, BT/BLE and 802.15.4 applied ZigBee and Thread. This is driving the need for robust wireless coexistence for multiple radios to ensure throughput performance and th...
Oct. 1, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,768
In his General Session at DevOps Summit, Asaf Yigal, Co-Founder & VP of Product at Logz.io, will explore the value of Kibana 4 for log analysis and will give a real live, hands-on tutorial on how to set up Kibana 4 and get the most out of Apache log files. He will examine three use cases: IT operations, business intelligence, and security and compliance. This is a hands-on session that will require participants to bring their own laptops, and we will provide the rest.
Oct. 1, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,563
SYS-CON Events announced today that Bsquare has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For more than two decades, Bsquare has helped its customers extract business value from a broad array of physical assets by making them intelligent, connecting them, and using the data they generate to optimize business processes.
Oct. 1, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,074
In this strange new world where more and more power is drawn from business technology, companies are effectively straddling two paths on the road to innovation and transformation into digital enterprises. The first path is the heritage trail – with “legacy” technology forming the background. Here, extant technologies are transformed by core IT teams to provide more API-driven approaches. Legacy systems can restrict companies that are transitioning into digital enterprises. To truly become a lea...
Oct. 1, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 879