|By Marketwired .||
|January 20, 2014 01:56 PM EST||
TORONTO, ON -- (Marketwired) -- 01/20/14 -- Australia is far, far away. Despite this, Australians have managed to impress the world over. With famous celebrities such as Nicole Kidman, Hugh Jackman and Russell Crowe; eye-catching landmarks including the Sydney Opera House, the Outback and the Great Barrier Reef; and, of course, consumer favourites such as Vegemite, UGGs and the famous Aussie accent, there can be no doubt of the influence Australia has had globally. So on January 26th, when Australians and Australian expats around the world celebrate Australia Day, that country's official national day, why not join in on some Aussie fun? To help inspire you, the travel experts at Cheapflights.ca, the online leader in finding and publishing travel deals, have created a list of Top 10 Tastes of Australia outside of Australia featuring Oz-style restaurants and pubs from around the globe -- proving once again how that Australian experience is enjoyed and celebrated worldwide.
Below are five top Aussie hotspots to make the list located in five different countries around the globe. Note that not one of them features cork hats, didgeridoos or shrimp on the barbie.
- KO Catering & Pies, Boston, Mass., United States - Since 2010, the team at KO Catering & Pies has been serving up Australian cuisine to the people of Boston in the form of sandwiches, salads, burgers, sausage rolls and, of course, pies. Along with the classic mince and mince and cheese pies, KO also creates several unique flavour combinations including curried vegetable and Irish beef stew and offers a tasty selection of Southern Hemisphere treats such as lamingtons, Anzac biscuits and pavlova. With stores in South and East Boston you're never too far away from a pie fix. While you're there, ex-pats (and taste aficionados) should remember to stock up on all the pantry essentials -- Tim Tams, Milo and Vegemite.
- Kaffeine, London, England - Many in the know will agree the best coffee in London is often brewed at the hands of Antipodean baristas, and the team at Kaffeine brews some of the best. Australia has a highly evolved coffee culture that borders on obsession and is more developed than the scene enjoyed by their cousins in America and Britain. Small independent coffee houses are favoured over large international chains and (with a little help from the kiwis) they created the pinnacle of coffee perfection -- the flat white. Despite being only two minutes from the shopping chaos of Oxford Circus, the vibe at Kaffeine is distinctly laidback Australian. You'll most likely be there for the coffee, but the menu is definitely worth a look too. It changes regularly to make the most of what produce is in season with Australian favourites popping up all over the place. If sampling the fare isn't enough, you could always sign up for one of Kaffeine's popular coffee courses where you can learn to create your own latte art.
- Peaked Pies, Whistler, British Columbia, Canada - Though they're usually enjoyed in a warmer climate, a steaming hot meat pie certainly makes the perfect accompaniment to a chilly Whistler winter, especially if you've just come off the slopes. Founded by Kerri and Alex, an Aussie pie-lover and Canadian baker, Peaked Pies has brought classic Aussie pie flavours like mince and steak along with variety of specialty flavours to the Whistler Main Street. For a little something extra you can add a "Peak" to your pie in the form of mashed potatoes, mushy peas and gravy. In keeping with its Aussie roots, Peaked is hosting its very own pie eating contest for Australia Day.
- Antipodean Café, Bangsar, Kuala Lumpur - Sticking to brunch, but shifting continents, Antipodean Café in Bangsar works hard to produce an "antipodean" style cafe food menu. BLTs, sourdough sandwiches, and a display case stuffed full of freshly baked cakes, cookies, pies and banana bread -- everything you'd expect to find in an Australian café. Shortlisted for Best for Coffee in the Time Out KL Food Awards over the past three years, the café's popularity means it's usually packed on weekends, but even if you have to line up, it's well worth the wait.
- Crossfield's Australian Pub, Vienna, Austria - A noteworthy Aussie Pub in the heart of Vienna? Despite the slightly "Ocker" décor, this isn't one of the tacky themed bars like the so-called "Irish" Pubs that pop up all over the world. Stop by for a big breakfast or a simple plate of Vegemite on toast, burgers, barbecued meats (including kangaroo and croc), seafood and pub snacks. Oh, and they're hosting their very own Australia Day party this year.
Rounding out our list of Aussie delights are: Uluru Bistro, Armagh, Northern Ireland; Reef N' Beef, Copenhagen, Denmark; Federal Café, Barcelona, Spain; The Espy, Edinburgh, Scotland; and Melbourne Canteen, Berlin, Germany. To read the Oz-some details on these and Cheapflights.ca's complete list of Top 10 Tastes of Australia Outside of Australia, visit www.cheapflights.ca/travel/top-10-tastes-of-australia-outside-of-australia.
About Cheapflights.ca, part of the Momondo Group
Momondo Group is an online travel media and technology company that is driven by the belief that an open world is a better world. The group now serves travel search and inspiration to over 13 million visitors a month -- plus 7 million travel newsletter subscribers -- via its Cheapflights (www.cheapflights.ca) and momondo (www.momondo.com) brands.
Skygate began the sourcing of complex air-travel data in 1992, while Cheapflights pioneered the online comparison of flight deals for users in 1996 and momondo launched meta-search in the Nordic countries in 2006.
The Group has offices in London, Copenhagen, Boston and Toronto, with a consumer base across more than 25 core international markets but users all over the world.
Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/cheapflights
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/cheapflights
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2499582
The emerging Internet of Everything creates tremendous new opportunities for customer engagement and business model innovation. However, enterprises must overcome a number of critical challenges to bring these new solutions to market. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Michael Martin, CTO/CIO at nfrastructure, outlined these key challenges and recommended approaches for overcoming them to achieve speed and agility in the design, development and implementation of Internet of Everything solutions with...
Jan. 21, 2017 10:00 AM EST Reads: 5,657
In their general session at 16th Cloud Expo, Michael Piccininni, Global Account Manager - Cloud SP at EMC Corporation, and Mike Dietze, Regional Director at Windstream Hosted Solutions, reviewed next generation cloud services, including the Windstream-EMC Tier Storage solutions, and discussed how to increase efficiencies, improve service delivery and enhance corporate cloud solution development. Michael Piccininni is Global Account Manager – Cloud SP at EMC Corporation. He has been engaged in t...
Jan. 21, 2017 10:00 AM EST Reads: 5,099
Cloud Expo, Inc. has announced today that Andi Mann returns to 'DevOps at Cloud Expo 2017' as Conference Chair The @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. "DevOps is set to be one of the most profound disruptions to hit IT in decades," said Andi Mann. "It is a natural extension of cloud computing, and I have seen both firsthand and in independent research the fantastic results DevOps delivers. So I am excited to help the great t...
Jan. 21, 2017 07:45 AM EST Reads: 2,445
Every successful software product evolves from an idea to an enterprise system. Notably, the same way is passed by the product owner's company. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Oleg Lola, CEO of MobiDev, will provide a generalized overview of the evolution of a software product, the product owner, the needs that arise at various stages of this process, and the value brought by a software development partner to the product owner as a response to these needs.
Jan. 21, 2017 07:30 AM EST Reads: 1,301
In 2014, Amazon announced a new form of compute called Lambda. We didn't know it at the time, but this represented a fundamental shift in what we expect from cloud computing. Now, all of the major cloud computing vendors want to take part in this disruptive technology. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, John Jelinek IV, a web developer at Linux Academy, will discuss why major players like AWS, Microsoft Azure, IBM Bluemix, and Google Cloud Platform are all trying to sidestep VMs and containers...
Jan. 21, 2017 07:15 AM EST Reads: 935
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a client-oriented software development company, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software company that develops and delivers turn-key mobile apps, websites, web services, and complex softw...
Jan. 21, 2017 06:45 AM EST Reads: 1,948
SYS-CON Events announced today that Enzu will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Enzu’s mission is to be the leading provider of enterprise cloud solutions worldwide. Enzu enables online businesses to use its IT infrastructure to their competitive ad...
Jan. 21, 2017 06:30 AM EST Reads: 1,656
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, discussed the best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Jan. 21, 2017 06:00 AM EST Reads: 2,081
In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Claude Remillard, Principal Program Manager in Developer Division at Microsoft, contrasted how his team used config as code and immutable patterns for continuous delivery of microservices and apps to the cloud. He showed how the immutable patterns helps developers do away with most of the complexity of config as code-enabling scenarios such as rollback, zero downtime upgrades with far greater simplicity. He also demoed building immutable pipelines in the cloud ...
Jan. 21, 2017 05:30 AM EST Reads: 3,553
Traditional on-premises data centers have long been the domain of modern data platforms like Apache Hadoop, meaning companies who build their business on public cloud were challenged to run Big Data processing and analytics at scale. But recent advancements in Hadoop performance, security, and most importantly cloud-native integrations, are giving organizations the ability to truly gain value from all their data. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, David Tishgart, Director of Product Marketing ...
Jan. 21, 2017 05:00 AM EST Reads: 3,025
Choosing the right cloud for your workloads is a balancing act that can cost your organization time, money and aggravation - unless you get it right the first time. Economics, speed, performance, accessibility, administrative needs and security all play a vital role in dictating your approach to the cloud. Without knowing the right questions to ask, you could wind up paying for capacity you'll never need or underestimating the resources required to run your applications.
Jan. 21, 2017 05:00 AM EST Reads: 4,057
Technology vendors and analysts are eager to paint a rosy picture of how wonderful IoT is and why your deployment will be great with the use of their products and services. While it is easy to showcase successful IoT solutions, identifying IoT systems that missed the mark or failed can often provide more in the way of key lessons learned. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Peter Vanderminden, Principal Industry Analyst for IoT & Digital Supply Chain to Flatiron Strategies, will focus on how IoT depl...
Jan. 21, 2017 03:45 AM EST Reads: 1,989
Adding public cloud resources to an existing application can be a daunting process. The tools that you currently use to manage the software and hardware outside the cloud aren’t always the best tools to efficiently grow into the cloud. All of the major configuration management tools have cloud orchestration plugins that can be leveraged, but there are also cloud-native tools that can dramatically improve the efficiency of managing your application lifecycle. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, ...
Jan. 21, 2017 02:30 AM EST Reads: 6,125
The pace of innovation, vendor lock-in, production sustainability, cost-effectiveness, and managing risk… In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Dan Choquette, Founder of RackN, discussed how CIOs are challenged finding the balance of finding the right tools, technology and operational model that serves the business the best. He also discussed how clouds, open source software and infrastructure solutions have benefits but also drawbacks and how workload and operational portability between vendors an...
Jan. 21, 2017 02:30 AM EST Reads: 5,045
With the proliferation of both SQL and NoSQL databases, organizations can now target specific fit-for-purpose database tools for their different application needs regarding scalability, ease of use, ACID support, etc. Platform as a Service offerings make this even easier now, enabling developers to roll out their own database infrastructure in minutes with minimal management overhead. However, this same amount of flexibility also comes with the challenges of picking the right tool, on the right ...
Jan. 21, 2017 02:15 AM EST Reads: 5,370