|By Business Wire||
|January 20, 2014 02:45 PM EST||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/56cqlm/how_mobile_can) has announced the addition of Javelin Strategy & Research's new report "Mobile Bill Payment Report: Analysis of the $2.1 Trillion Industry" to their offering.
Paying bills is an inescapable necessity for consumers, with $2.1 trillion in payments annually for just seven common types of bills in 2013, according to Javelin estimates. The mobile bill-payment industry is in its infancy accounting for $36 billion for those seven bills. But the first wave of consumers already is typically pulling out a smartphone or tablet to pay, and mobile bill payments are primed for rapid growth.
Provides an overview of dollars flowing through the bill-payment market; breaks down online, mobile, and offline bill-payment volume; and identifies banks with market-leading adoption.
Spotlights 140 million Americans who will lead adoption of mobile bill payments: Moneyhawks, Digital Drifters, Online Banking Loyalists, and underbanked consumers.
Analyzes how to tailor mobile bill payment to cater to each segment's unique expectations.
Evaluates how each segment perceives the strengths of banks and credit unions, billers, and third-party providers to deliver 11 demands relating to security, control, and practicality.
- How much do Americans currently spend for seven common bills, and how much of that volume is conducted on mobile devices?
- What is the return on investment from mobile bill payments, and what types of financial players stand to gain?
- What benefits must mobile bill-payment providers deliver in order to spur consumers to change habits and switch away from paying bills online, by mail, in person, or over the phone?
- Who do Americans think can best deliver a better way to pay bills: financial institutions, billers, or third-party providers?
- Why are the 140 million Moneyhawks, Digital Drifters, Online Banking Loyalists, and underbanked consumers likely to lead adoption of mobile bill payments?
- What do Moneyhawks, Digital Drifters, Online Banking Loyalists, and underbanked consumers want most when paying bills? How do they perceive the relative strengths and weaknesses of mobile bill payments from FIs, billers, and third-party providers?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Overview and Primary Questions
3. Executive Summary
4. Key Recommendations
5. The Bill-Pay Market Is Huge, Tempting and Strategically Important
6. What Will Persuade Americans to Make Mobile Bill Payments?
7. How to Woo and Win the First Wave of Users Starting With the Moneyhawks
9. Digital Driers
10. Online Banking Loyalists
- American Express
- Bank of America
- Fiserv (MyCheckFree)
- JPMorgan Chase
- Wells Fargo
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/56cqlm/how_mobile_can
Source: Javelin Strategy & Research
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, will discuss the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports. The session will include a working demo and a technical d...
Sep. 25, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,689
Sep. 25, 2016 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,463
Sep. 25, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 908
Sep. 25, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 4,397
Sep. 25, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,583
Sep. 25, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,235
Sep. 25, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,809
Sep. 25, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,551
Sep. 25, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,529
Sep. 25, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,758
Sep. 25, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,582
Sep. 25, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,524
Sep. 25, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,611
Sep. 25, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,522
Sep. 25, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 838