|By Marketwired .||
|January 22, 2014 11:00 AM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 01/22/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
- Oracle today announced that NTT Communications Corporation (CEO: Akira Arima), the long-distance, international communications and ICT solution provider, successfully deployed a real-time network monitoring system based on Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud and Oracle Exadata Database Machine, part of Oracle's Engineered Systems, as well as Oracle Coherence and Oracle Event Processing part of Oracle's in-memory products in May 2013.
- NTT Communications Corporation selected the Oracle products to help improve the quality of its network services, increase predictive failure detection and maximize workload efficiency. Because Oracle Engineered Systems are pre-configured, pre-optimized hardware and software, it was possible for NTT Communications to go live with their new system in five months.
- NTT Communications Corporation has been making continuous efforts to provide advanced operating services and improve customer satisfaction. As part of these efforts, they wanted to expand their capabilities for monitoring network traffic and performing data analysis but the previous system was only able to achieve limited monitoring capabilities by using dedicated network devices.
- The new system, which includes Oracle Fusion Middleware products optimized on Oracle Exalogic, meets NTT Communications Corporation's extreme performance requirements and provides highly flexible network visualization in real time.
- Oracle Exalogic, Oracle Coherence, Oracle WebLogic Server and Oracle Event Processing work as the core engine for real-time network traffic processing. Oracle WebLogic Server and Oracle Coherence also help to maximize application performance and scalability and improve system response time. Oracle Application Development Framework was used to create the dashboard screens for visualizing the real time network status and Oracle Exadata is used as the Big Data management infrastructure at the backend.
- The new system is able to process 1.4 million packets per second through in-memory streaming, and as a result, it can provide not only predictive failure detection, but also early alerts for unusual network situations. Some actions have also been automated, resulting in greater efficiency and significant annual cost reductions.
- NTT Communications was recognized at Oracle OpenWorld San Francisco 2013 as one of the winners of the 2013 Oracle Fusion Middleware Innovation Awards for Oracle Exalogic.
- "As the leading telecommunication company in the world, we want to provide our customers with the best possible quality of service. By deploying Oracle Engineered Systems we wanted to not only improve our network services but also increase our ability to predict potential failures and maximize workload efficiency," said Tetsuya Funabashi, Senior Vice President, NTT Communications Corporation. "We were pleasantly surprised at how quickly the deployment happened. Because the Oracle Engineered Systems are designed to work together they are high performance, scalable and very efficient. Our new system also provides our customers with security according to inform their condition quickly. We're trying to create more new value and features to our customers with Oracle products."
- Oracle Engineered Systems
- Oracle Exadata Database Machine
- White paper: The Advantages of Coherence on Exalogic
- White paper: Oracle SOA Suite and Oracle Event Processing Optimizations on Exalogic and Exadata
- Connect with Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud on Blog, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube
- Connect with Oracle WebLogic Server via Blog, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Connect with Oracle Coherence via Blog, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
While DevOps promises a better and tighter integration among an organization’s development and operation teams and transforms an application life cycle into a continual deployment, Chef and Azure together provides a speedy, cost-effective and highly scalable vehicle for realizing the business values of this transformation. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Yung Chou, a Technology Evangelist at Microsoft, will present a unique opportunity to witness how Chef and Azure work tog...
Sep. 29, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,793
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Sep. 29, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 4,669
Almost two-thirds of companies either have or soon will have IoT as the backbone of their business in 2016. However, IoT is far more complex than most firms expected. How can you not get trapped in the pitfalls? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan, a renowned visionary and thought leader, will introduce a holistic method of IoTification, which is the process of IoTifying the existing technology and business models to adopt and leverage IoT. He will drill down to the components in this fra...
Sep. 29, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,804
The Transparent Cloud-computing Consortium (abbreviation: T-Cloud Consortium) will conduct research activities into changes in the computing model as a result of collaboration between "device" and "cloud" and the creation of new value and markets through organic data processing High speed and high quality networks, and dramatic improvements in computer processing capabilities, have greatly changed the nature of applications and made the storing and processing of data on the network commonplace.
Sep. 29, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,207
We’ve been doing it for years, decades for some. How many websites have you created accounts on? Your bank, your credit card companies, social media sites, hotels and travel sites, online shopping sites, and that’s just the start. We do it often without even thinking about it, quickly entering our personal information, our data, in a plethora of systems. Sometimes we’re not even aware of the information we are providing. It could be very personal information (think of the security questions you ...
Sep. 29, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 4,818
SYS-CON Events announced today that ReadyTalk, a leading provider of online conferencing and webinar services, has been named Vendor Presentation Sponsor at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. ReadyTalk delivers audio and web conferencing services that inspire collaboration and enable the Future of Work for today’s increasingly digital and mobile workforce. By combining intuitive, innovative tec...
Sep. 29, 2016 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,028
I'm a lonely sensor. I spend all day telling the world how I'm feeling, but none of the other sensors seem to care. I want to be connected. I want to build relationships with other sensors to be more useful for my human. I want my human to understand that when my friends next door are too hot for a while, I'll soon be flaming. And when all my friends go outside without me, I may be left behind. Don't just log my data; use the relationship graph. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ryan Boyd, Engi...
Sep. 29, 2016 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,375
IoT offers a value of almost $4 trillion to the manufacturing industry through platforms that can improve margins, optimize operations & drive high performance work teams. By using IoT technologies as a foundation, manufacturing customers are integrating worker safety with manufacturing systems, driving deep collaboration and utilizing analytics to exponentially increased per-unit margins. However, as Benoit Lheureux, the VP for Research at Gartner points out, “IoT project implementers often ...
Sep. 29, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,572
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pulzze Systems will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Pulzze Systems, Inc. provides infrastructure products for the Internet of Things to enable any connected device and system to carry out matched operations without programming. For more information, visit http://www.pulzzesystems.com.
Sep. 29, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,905
There is growing need for data-driven applications and the need for digital platforms to build these apps. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Muddu Sudhakar, VP and GM of Security & IoT at Splunk, will cover different PaaS solutions and Big Data platforms that are available to build applications. In addition, AI and machine learning are creating new requirements that developers need in the building of next-gen apps. The next-generation digital platforms have some of the past platform needs a...
Sep. 29, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,866
If you’re responsible for an application that depends on the data or functionality of various IoT endpoints – either sensors or devices – your brand reputation depends on the security, reliability, and compliance of its many integrated parts. If your application fails to deliver the expected business results, your customers and partners won't care if that failure stems from the code you developed or from a component that you integrated. What can you do to ensure that the endpoints work as expect...
Sep. 29, 2016 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,718
As ridesharing competitors and enhanced services increase, notable changes are occurring in the transportation model. Despite the cost-effective means and flexibility of ridesharing, both drivers and users will need to be aware of the connected environment and how it will impact the ridesharing experience. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Timothy Evavold, Executive Director Automotive at Covisint, will discuss key challenges and solutions to powering a ride sharing and/or multimodal model in the a...
Sep. 29, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 520
Is your aging software platform suffering from technical debt while the market changes and demands new solutions at a faster clip? It’s a bold move, but you might consider walking away from your core platform and starting fresh. ReadyTalk did exactly that. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, will discuss why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and over a decade of audio conferencing product development to start an innovati...
Sep. 29, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,174
WebRTC adoption has generated a wave of creative uses of communications and collaboration through websites, sales apps, customer care and business applications. As WebRTC has become more mainstream it has evolved to use cases beyond the original peer-to-peer case, which has led to a repeating requirement for interoperability with existing infrastructures. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Graham Holt, Executive Vice President of Daitan Group, will cover implementation examples that have enabled ea...
Sep. 29, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,590
SYS-CON Events announced today that Numerex Corp, a leading provider of managed enterprise solutions enabling the Internet of Things (IoT), will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Numerex Corp. (NASDAQ:NMRX) is a leading provider of managed enterprise solutions enabling the Internet of Things (IoT). The Company's solutions produce new revenue streams or create operating...
Sep. 29, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,057