|By Marketwired .||
|January 22, 2014 11:00 AM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 01/22/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
- Oracle today announced that NTT Communications Corporation (CEO: Akira Arima), the long-distance, international communications and ICT solution provider, successfully deployed a real-time network monitoring system based on Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud and Oracle Exadata Database Machine, part of Oracle's Engineered Systems, as well as Oracle Coherence and Oracle Event Processing part of Oracle's in-memory products in May 2013.
- NTT Communications Corporation selected the Oracle products to help improve the quality of its network services, increase predictive failure detection and maximize workload efficiency. Because Oracle Engineered Systems are pre-configured, pre-optimized hardware and software, it was possible for NTT Communications to go live with their new system in five months.
- NTT Communications Corporation has been making continuous efforts to provide advanced operating services and improve customer satisfaction. As part of these efforts, they wanted to expand their capabilities for monitoring network traffic and performing data analysis but the previous system was only able to achieve limited monitoring capabilities by using dedicated network devices.
- The new system, which includes Oracle Fusion Middleware products optimized on Oracle Exalogic, meets NTT Communications Corporation's extreme performance requirements and provides highly flexible network visualization in real time.
- Oracle Exalogic, Oracle Coherence, Oracle WebLogic Server and Oracle Event Processing work as the core engine for real-time network traffic processing. Oracle WebLogic Server and Oracle Coherence also help to maximize application performance and scalability and improve system response time. Oracle Application Development Framework was used to create the dashboard screens for visualizing the real time network status and Oracle Exadata is used as the Big Data management infrastructure at the backend.
- The new system is able to process 1.4 million packets per second through in-memory streaming, and as a result, it can provide not only predictive failure detection, but also early alerts for unusual network situations. Some actions have also been automated, resulting in greater efficiency and significant annual cost reductions.
- NTT Communications was recognized at Oracle OpenWorld San Francisco 2013 as one of the winners of the 2013 Oracle Fusion Middleware Innovation Awards for Oracle Exalogic.
- "As the leading telecommunication company in the world, we want to provide our customers with the best possible quality of service. By deploying Oracle Engineered Systems we wanted to not only improve our network services but also increase our ability to predict potential failures and maximize workload efficiency," said Tetsuya Funabashi, Senior Vice President, NTT Communications Corporation. "We were pleasantly surprised at how quickly the deployment happened. Because the Oracle Engineered Systems are designed to work together they are high performance, scalable and very efficient. Our new system also provides our customers with security according to inform their condition quickly. We're trying to create more new value and features to our customers with Oracle products."
- Oracle Engineered Systems
- Oracle Exadata Database Machine
- White paper: The Advantages of Coherence on Exalogic
- White paper: Oracle SOA Suite and Oracle Event Processing Optimizations on Exalogic and Exadata
- Connect with Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud on Blog, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube
- Connect with Oracle WebLogic Server via Blog, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Connect with Oracle Coherence via Blog, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
SYS-CON Events announced today that StarNet Communications will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. StarNet Communications’ FastX is the industry first cloud-based remote X Windows emulator. Using standard Web browsers (FireFox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) users from around the world gain highly secure access to applications and data hosted on Linux-based servers in a central data center. ...
Aug. 28, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 812
Traditional on-premises data centers have long been the domain of modern data platforms like Apache Hadoop, meaning companies who build their business on public cloud were challenged to run Big Data processing and analytics at scale. But recent advancements in Hadoop performance, security, and most importantly cloud-native integrations, are giving organizations the ability to truly gain value from all their data. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, David Tishgart, Director of Product Marketing ...
Aug. 28, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 633
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Aug. 28, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,937
There is growing need for data-driven applications and the need for digital platforms to build these apps. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Muddu Sudhakar, VP and GM of Security & IoT at Splunk, will cover different PaaS solutions and Big Data platforms that are available to build applications. In addition, AI and machine learning are creating new requirements that developers need in the building of next-gen apps. The next-generation digital platforms have some of the past platform needs a...
Aug. 28, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 656
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Aug. 28, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,110
SYS-CON Events announced today Telecom Reseller has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Telecom Reseller reports on Unified Communications, UCaaS, BPaaS for enterprise and SMBs. They report extensively on both customer premises based solutions such as IP-PBX as well as cloud based and hosted platforms.
Aug. 28, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 812
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Aug. 28, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 4,016
As the world moves toward more DevOps and Microservices, application deployment to the cloud ought to become a lot simpler. The Microservices architecture, which is the basis of many new age distributed systems such as OpenStack, NetFlix and so on, is at the heart of Cloud Foundry - a complete developer-oriented Platform as a Service (PaaS) that is IaaS agnostic and supports vCloud, OpenStack and AWS. Serverless computing is revolutionizing computing. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Raghav...
Aug. 28, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 866
Enterprises have forever faced challenges surrounding the sharing of their intellectual property. Emerging cloud adoption has made it more compelling for enterprises to digitize their content, making them available over a wide variety of devices across the Internet. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Santosh Ahuja, Director of Architecture at Impiger Technologies, will introduce various mechanisms provided by cloud service providers today to manage and share digital content in a secure manner....
Aug. 28, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 759
StarNet Communications Corp has announced the addition of three Secure Remote Desktop modules to its flagship X-Win32 PC X server. The new modules enable X-Win32 to safely tunnel the remote desktops from Linux and Unix servers to the user’s PC over encrypted SSH. Traditionally, users of PC X servers deploy the XDMCP protocol to display remote desktop environments such as the Gnome and KDE desktops on Linux servers and the CDE environment on Solaris Unix machines. XDMCP is used primarily on comp...
Aug. 28, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 703
Fact: storage performance problems have only gotten more complicated, as applications not only have become largely virtualized, but also have moved to cloud-based infrastructures. Storage performance in virtualized environments isn’t just about IOPS anymore. Instead, you need to guarantee performance for individual VMs, helping applications maintain performance as the number of VMs continues to go up in real time. In his session at Cloud Expo, Dhiraj Sehgal, Product and Marketing at Tintri, wil...
Aug. 28, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 776
DevOps at Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long dev...
Aug. 28, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,402
SYS-CON Events announced today that Isomorphic Software will exhibit at DevOps Summit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Isomorphic Software provides the SmartClient HTML5/AJAX platform, the most advanced technology for building rich, cutting-edge enterprise web applications for desktop and mobile. SmartClient combines the productivity and performance of traditional desktop software with the simp...
Aug. 28, 2016 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,362
With so much going on in this space you could be forgiven for thinking you were always working with yesterday’s technologies. So much change, so quickly. What do you do if you have to build a solution from the ground up that is expected to live in the field for at least 5-10 years? This is the challenge we faced when we looked to refresh our existing 10-year-old custom hardware stack to measure the fullness of trash cans and compactors.
Aug. 28, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,783
Extreme Computing is the ability to leverage highly performant infrastructure and software to accelerate Big Data, machine learning, HPC, and Enterprise applications. High IOPS Storage, low-latency networks, in-memory databases, GPUs and other parallel accelerators are being used to achieve faster results and help businesses make better decisions. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at NVIDIA, focused on some of the unique ways extreme computing is...
Aug. 28, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,164