|By Marketwired .||
|January 22, 2014 11:00 AM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 01/22/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
- Oracle today announced that NTT Communications Corporation (CEO: Akira Arima), the long-distance, international communications and ICT solution provider, successfully deployed a real-time network monitoring system based on Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud and Oracle Exadata Database Machine, part of Oracle's Engineered Systems, as well as Oracle Coherence and Oracle Event Processing part of Oracle's in-memory products in May 2013.
- NTT Communications Corporation selected the Oracle products to help improve the quality of its network services, increase predictive failure detection and maximize workload efficiency. Because Oracle Engineered Systems are pre-configured, pre-optimized hardware and software, it was possible for NTT Communications to go live with their new system in five months.
- NTT Communications Corporation has been making continuous efforts to provide advanced operating services and improve customer satisfaction. As part of these efforts, they wanted to expand their capabilities for monitoring network traffic and performing data analysis but the previous system was only able to achieve limited monitoring capabilities by using dedicated network devices.
- The new system, which includes Oracle Fusion Middleware products optimized on Oracle Exalogic, meets NTT Communications Corporation's extreme performance requirements and provides highly flexible network visualization in real time.
- Oracle Exalogic, Oracle Coherence, Oracle WebLogic Server and Oracle Event Processing work as the core engine for real-time network traffic processing. Oracle WebLogic Server and Oracle Coherence also help to maximize application performance and scalability and improve system response time. Oracle Application Development Framework was used to create the dashboard screens for visualizing the real time network status and Oracle Exadata is used as the Big Data management infrastructure at the backend.
- The new system is able to process 1.4 million packets per second through in-memory streaming, and as a result, it can provide not only predictive failure detection, but also early alerts for unusual network situations. Some actions have also been automated, resulting in greater efficiency and significant annual cost reductions.
- NTT Communications was recognized at Oracle OpenWorld San Francisco 2013 as one of the winners of the 2013 Oracle Fusion Middleware Innovation Awards for Oracle Exalogic.
- "As the leading telecommunication company in the world, we want to provide our customers with the best possible quality of service. By deploying Oracle Engineered Systems we wanted to not only improve our network services but also increase our ability to predict potential failures and maximize workload efficiency," said Tetsuya Funabashi, Senior Vice President, NTT Communications Corporation. "We were pleasantly surprised at how quickly the deployment happened. Because the Oracle Engineered Systems are designed to work together they are high performance, scalable and very efficient. Our new system also provides our customers with security according to inform their condition quickly. We're trying to create more new value and features to our customers with Oracle products."
- Oracle Engineered Systems
- Oracle Exadata Database Machine
- White paper: The Advantages of Coherence on Exalogic
- White paper: Oracle SOA Suite and Oracle Event Processing Optimizations on Exalogic and Exadata
- Connect with Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud on Blog, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube
- Connect with Oracle WebLogic Server via Blog, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Connect with Oracle Coherence via Blog, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Oct. 23, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,691
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloudbric, a leading website security provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Cloudbric is an elite full service website protection solution specifically designed for IT novices, entrepreneurs, and small and medium businesses. First launched in 2015, Cloudbric is based on the enterprise level Web Application Firewall by Penta Security Sys...
Oct. 23, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,101
@DevOpsSummit has been named the ‘Top DevOps Influencer' by iTrend. iTrend processes millions of conversations, tweets, interactions, news articles, press releases, blog posts - and extract meaning form them and analyzes mobile and desktop software platforms used to communicate, various metadata (such as geo location), and automation tools. In overall placement, @DevOpsSummit ranked as the number one ‘DevOps Influencer' followed by @CloudExpo at third, and @MicroservicesE at 24th.
Oct. 23, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,961
SYS-CON Events announced today that Roundee / LinearHub will exhibit at the WebRTC Summit at @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LinearHub provides Roundee Service, a smart platform for enterprise video conferencing with enhanced features such as automatic recording and transcription service. Slack users can integrate Roundee to their team via Slack’s App Directory, and '/roundee' command lets your video conference ...
Oct. 23, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,065
Traditional on-premises data centers have long been the domain of modern data platforms like Apache Hadoop, meaning companies who build their business on public cloud were challenged to run Big Data processing and analytics at scale. But recent advancements in Hadoop performance, security, and most importantly cloud-native integrations, are giving organizations the ability to truly gain value from all their data. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, David Tishgart, Director of Product Marketing ...
Oct. 23, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,418
The best way to leverage your Cloud Expo presence as a sponsor and exhibitor is to plan your news announcements around our events. The press covering Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo will have access to these releases and will amplify your news announcements. More than two dozen Cloud companies either set deals at our shows or have announced their mergers and acquisitions at Cloud Expo. Product announcements during our show provide your company with the most reach through our targeted audiences.
Oct. 23, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,547
Successful digital transformation requires new organizational competencies and capabilities. Research tells us that the biggest impediment to successful transformation is human; consequently, the biggest enabler is a properly skilled and empowered workforce. In the digital age, new individual and collective competencies are required. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bob Newhouse, CEO and founder of Agilitiv, will draw together recent research and lessons learned from emerging and established ...
Oct. 23, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,240
Established in 1998, Calsoft is a leading software product engineering Services Company specializing in Storage, Networking, Virtualization and Cloud business verticals. Calsoft provides End-to-End Product Development, Quality Assurance Sustenance, Solution Engineering and Professional Services expertise to assist customers in achieving their product development and business goals. The company's deep domain knowledge of Storage, Virtualization, Networking and Cloud verticals helps in delivering ...
Oct. 23, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,008
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smar...
Oct. 23, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 829
Kubernetes, Docker and containers are changing the world, and how companies are deploying their software and running their infrastructure. With the shift in how applications are built and deployed, new challenges must be solved. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Sebastian Scheele, co-founder of Loodse, will discuss the implications of containerized applications/infrastructures and their impact on the enterprise. In a real world example based on Kubernetes, he will show how to ...
Oct. 23, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,846
Without lifecycle traceability and visibility across the tool chain, stakeholders from Planning-to-Ops have limited insight and answers to who, what, when, why and how across the DevOps lifecycle. This impacts the ability to deliver high quality software at the needed velocity to drive positive business outcomes. In his general session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Eric Robertson, General Manager at CollabNet, will discuss how customers are able to achieve a level of transparency that e...
Oct. 23, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 836
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftNet Solutions will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. SoftNet Solutions specializes in Enterprise Solutions for Hadoop and Big Data. It offers customers the most open, robust, and value-conscious portfolio of solutions, services, and tools for the shortest route to success with Big Data. The unique differentiator is the ability to architect and ...
Oct. 23, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 744
“Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CloudBerry Backup is a leading cross-platform cloud backup and disaster recovery solution integrated with major public cloud services, such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform.
Oct. 23, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,322
SYS-CON Events announced today that Embotics, the cloud automation company, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Embotics is the cloud automation company for IT organizations and service providers that need to improve provisioning or enable self-service capabilities. With a relentless focus on delivering a premier user experience and unmatched customer support, Embotics is the fas...
Oct. 23, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 804
In the next five to ten years, millions, if not billions of things will become smarter. This smartness goes beyond connected things in our homes like the fridge, thermostat and fancy lighting, and into heavily regulated industries including aerospace, pharmaceutical/medical devices and energy. “Smartness” will embed itself within individual products that are part of our daily lives. We will engage with smart products - learning from them, informing them, and communicating with them. Smart produc...
Oct. 23, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,474