|By PR Newswire||
|January 22, 2014 11:58 AM EST||
LAS VEGAS, Jan. 22, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The country's leading culinary festival, Vegas Uncork'd by Bon Appetit, presented by Chase Sapphire Preferred®, features an extraordinary lineup of star-studded chefs, sommeliers and mixologists from ARIA, Bellagio, Caesars Palace, MGM Grand and The Venetian, May 8-11. The four-day celebration offers rare access for food lovers to interact and rub shoulders with their favorite big-named chefs. This year's program will be hosted by celebrity chefs Bobby Flay, Buddy Valastro, Daniel Boulud, Giada De Laurentiis, Joel Robuchon, Julian Serrano, Guy Savoy, Mario Batali, Pierre Gagnaire, Masayoshi Takayama, Michael Mina, Nobu Matsuhisa, Royden Ellamar, Shawn McClain, Thomas Keller and more.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/65289-vegas-uncork-d-grand-tasting-tickets-on-sale
Tickets on sale today at VegasUncorked.com.
"Four days in the Las Vegas sun celebrating 70 of the world's best chefs, 20 of the most talented Master Sommeliers and 50 amazing events is my perfect weekend," says Bon Appetit editor in chief Adam Rapoport. "Vegas Uncork'd by Bon Appetit, entering its eighth year, is not to be missed."
"Las Vegas continues to redefine the essence of epicurean excellence by offering the most comprehensive collection of distinguished chefs, Master Sommeliers and celebrated restaurants in the world," said Cathy Tull, senior vice president of marketing for the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority. "This year we are thrilled to welcome additional resorts, chefs and unique, one-of-a-kind experiences to Vegas Uncork'd by Bon Appetit, as it provides our guests with unparalleled access to legendary chefs and sommeliers in truly intimate settings, while showcasing Las Vegas as the culinary mecca it has become."
Chase Sapphire Preferred, a premier rewards credit card for people who are passionate about travel and dining, is the presenting sponsor of this year's Vegas Uncork'd by Bon Appetit. Chase Sapphire cardholders will enjoy reserved tickets to coveted events and have exclusive access to interactive experiences with chefs, including an intimate meet-and-greet with Chef Nobu Matsuhisa and learn what it takes to create Japanese specialties.
New and notable this year:
- Krug Chef's Table at Master Series Dinner: Dinnertime Decadence with Guy Savoy, Thursday, May 8: Experience exclusive like never before and be one of six at the Chef's table – the only portal into renowned chef Guy Savoy's den at Caesars Palace. At the only Krug Chef's Table in the U.S., guests will sip luxurious Krug Champagne and dine on a special menu prepared by the Michelin-starred chef himself.
- The Night Market: East Meets West, Thursday, May 8: Join top chefs from The Venetian such as Mario Batali, Thomas Keller, Buddy Valastro and Justin Quek, as well as the outstanding chefs from Singapore's Marina Bay Sands as they bring the true night market experience to you with an array of Asian-inspired dishes and drinks.
- Second Annual Chase Sapphire Preferred Grill Challenge, Thursday, May 8: Two Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts students will get a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to compete with two world-class chefs, including Buddy Valastro, from the hit television series Cake Boss. The teams will battle it out during The Night Market at The Venetian for a $20,000 scholarship, courtesy of Chase Sapphire Preferred.
- A Twist on Dinner: The Perfect Pairing of Shawn McClain and Pierre Gagnaire, Thursday, May 8: Join Mandarin Oriental's Pierre Gagnaire, a Michelin three-star chef, and ARIA award-winning chef Shawn McClain as they put their signature fresh-flavor twists on a unique dinner featuring thought-provoking wine pairings.
- Sushi & Sake with Chef Nobu Matsuhisa, Friday, May 9: Culinary master and sushi connoisseur Nobu Matsuhisa shows lucky attendees how to roll sushi and sip the best of sakes at Caesars Palace. Discover his inventive "Nobu Style" that fuses classic sushi-making techniques with unexpected ingredients.
- The Perfect Pairing: Art & Wine, Friday, May 9: Soak up fine works of art while sipping an array of wine in this high-culture pairing from Bellagio's Master Sommelier and Wine Director Jason Smith and Bellagio Gallery of Fine Art Executive Director Tarissa Tiberti. Light bites from Picasso will be served.
- Michael Mina's Poolside Pig Roast & Beer Garden, Friday, May 9: Michael Mina hosts a full-on outdoor shindig complete with succulent whole roasted pig, barbecue favorites, and a bevy of ice-cold beers. Chill outside to the sound of upbeat live music and savor special dishes from Michael Mina's PUB 1842 at MGM Grand.
- Legendary Lunch with Le Cirque, Saturday, May 10: Enjoy fabulous views of The Fountains of Bellagio during this extraordinary luncheon at AAA Five Diamond Award-winning restaurant Le Cirque. Executive Chef Paul Lee will create a spectacular four-course meal perfectly paired with wines hand selected by Flower's Winery Master Sommelier Larry Stone.
- Fire & Ice: A Flame-Grilled Feast Over Cool Cocktails, Saturday, May 10: Royden Ellamar, Executive Chef of Sensi at Bellagio, will heighten senses as he explores the ancient methods of cooking meat with live fire, ash and smoke while Master Mixologist Ricardo Murcia cools things down with creative cocktails incorporating ice and fire by the pool at Bellagio. Prime beef and game will get charred by white oak embers while a whole lamb roasts over pecan logs. Farmers' market vegetables will cook in the ashes of a smoldering fire pit and a bespoke ice smoking chamber will be filled with seafood and wisps of orange wood smoke.
- Mother's Day Weekend Brunch, Saturday, May 10: Brush elbows with all-star chefs including Shawn McClain and Masa Takayama at this chic day party at ARIA where guests will dine on a bountiful brunch paired with world-class wines.
Returning favorites include:
- Grand Tasting, Friday, May 9: Enjoy a staggering variety of signature dishes prepared by the world's most celebrated chefs. The dramatic five-acre Garden of the Gods Pool Oasis at Caesars Palace will feature more than 50 award-winning chefs and more than 100 of the best wines and spirits from around the world. The after party will be held at the newly opened FIZZ Las Vegas where guests can indulge on the best of champagnes and mingle with celebrity chefs all while enjoying the colored photography from the private collection of the lounge's creative director David Furnish and Sir Elton John.
- When in France: A Joel Robuchon Dinner, Saturday, May 10: Named France's Chef of the Century by the esteemed Gault Millau restaurant guide and the most starred chef in the world, Joel Robuchon hosts two private dinners with one-of-a-kind, six-course menu and wine pairing at his namesake MGM Grand restaurant for a night to be remembered.
ABOUT BON APPETIT
Food is culture and Bon Appetit is where food and culture intersect in your life. Bon Appetit, in all its formats (print, digital, products, events) delivers not just recipes, tips, and techniques, but a world of lush travel, high-gloss entertaining, and up-to-the-minute restaurant coverage. It's a visually arresting publication, driven by excellent photography, clean graphics, and headlines that pop. And notable faces, too: Each issue features of-the-moment tastemakers, from chefs and restaurateurs to fashion designers and celebrities. All of these elements combine to make Bon Appetit the largest epicurean magazine in America with the most affluent readership.
About the LVCVA
The Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA) is charged with marketing Southern Nevada as a tourism and convention destination worldwide, and also with operating the Las Vegas Convention Center and Cashman Center. With more than 150,000 hotel rooms in Las Vegas alone and 10.8 million square feet of meeting and exhibit space citywide, the LVCVA's mission centers on attracting ever‑increasing numbers of leisure and business visitors to the area. For more information, go to www.lvcva.com or www.LasVegas.com.
About Chase Sapphire Preferred
Chase Sapphire Preferred is a premier rewards credit card for people who are passionate about travel and dining. With Sapphire Preferred you enjoy premium travel rewards and benefits with no travel restrictions or blackout dates on airfare booked through Ultimate Rewards, double points for every dollar spent on dining and travel, no foreign transaction fees, 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs, 24/7 live customer service, access to exclusive cardmember experiences and more. More information is available at www.chasesapphire.com/preferred.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/65289-vegas-uncork-d-grand-tasting-tickets-on-sale
SOURCE Vegas Uncork'd
Multiple data types are pouring into IoT deployments. Data is coming in small packages as well as enormous files and data streams of many sizes. Widespread use of mobile devices adds to the total. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists will look at the tools and environments that are being put to use in IoT deployments, as well as the team skills a modern enterprise IT shop needs to keep things running, get a handle on all this data, and deli...
Apr. 27, 2017 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,468
All organizations that did not originate this moment have a pre-existing culture as well as legacy technology and processes that can be more or less amenable to DevOps implementation. That organizational culture is influenced by the personalities and management styles of Executive Management, the wider culture in which the organization is situated, and the personalities of key team members at all levels of the organization. This culture and entrenched interests usually throw a wrench in the work...
Apr. 27, 2017 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 705
SYS-CON Events announced today that CollabNet, a global leader in enterprise software development, release automation and DevOps solutions, will be a Bronze Sponsor of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, taking place from June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. CollabNet offers a broad range of solutions with the mission of helping modern organizations deliver quality software at speed. The company’s latest innovation, the DevOps Lifecycle Manager (DLM), supports Value S...
Apr. 27, 2017 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,114
The Internet of Things is clearly many things: data collection and analytics, wearables, Smart Grids and Smart Cities, the Industrial Internet, and more. Cool platforms like Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Intel's Galileo and Edison, and a diverse world of sensors are making the IoT a great toy box for developers in all these areas. In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists discussed what things are the most important, which will have the most profound e...
Apr. 27, 2017 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,298
Automation is enabling enterprises to design, deploy, and manage more complex, hybrid cloud environments. Yet the people who manage these environments must be trained in and understanding these environments better than ever before. A new era of analytics and cognitive computing is adding intelligence, but also more complexity, to these cloud environments. How smart is your cloud? How smart should it be? In this power panel at 20th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, pane...
Apr. 27, 2017 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,275
The explosion of new web/cloud/IoT-based applications and the data they generate are transforming our world right before our eyes. In this rush to adopt these new technologies, organizations are often ignoring fundamental questions concerning who owns the data and failing to ask for permission to conduct invasive surveillance of their customers. Organizations that are not transparent about how their systems gather data telemetry without offering shared data ownership risk product rejection, regu...
Apr. 27, 2017 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,619
SYS-CON Events announced today that Progress, a global leader in application development, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Enterprises today are rapidly adopting the cloud, while continuing to retain business-critical/sensitive data inside the firewall. This is creating two separate data silos – one inside the firewall and the other outside the firewall. Cloud ISVs oft...
Apr. 27, 2017 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 296
SYS-CON Events announced today that Grape Up will exhibit at SYS-CON's 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on Oct. 31 – Nov 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Grape Up is a software company specializing in cloud native application development and professional services related to Cloud Foundry PaaS. With five expert teams that operate in various sectors of the market across the U.S. and Europe, Grape Up works with a variety of customers from emergi...
Apr. 27, 2017 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,206
The age of Digital Disruption is evolving into the next era – Digital Cohesion, an age in which applications securely self-assemble and deliver predictive services that continuously adapt to user behavior. Information from devices, sensors and applications around us will drive services seamlessly across mobile and fixed devices/infrastructure. This evolution is happening now in software defined services and secure networking. Four key drivers – Performance, Economics, Interoperability and Trust ...
Apr. 27, 2017 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 737
@ThingsExpo has been named the Most Influential ‘Smart Cities - IIoT' Account and @BigDataExpo has been named fourteenth by Right Relevance (RR), which provides curated information and intelligence on approximately 50,000 topics. In addition, Right Relevance provides an Insights offering that combines the above Topics and Influencers information with real time conversations to provide actionable intelligence with visualizations to enable decision making. The Insights service is applicable to eve...
Apr. 27, 2017 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,817
Building a cross-cloud operational model can be a daunting task. Per-cloud silos are not the answer, but neither is a fully generic abstraction plane that strips out capabilities unique to a particular provider. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Wolf, VP & Chief Technology Officer, Global Field & Industry at VMware, will discuss how successful organizations approach cloud operations and management, with insights into where operations should be centralized and when it’s best to decentraliz...
Apr. 27, 2017 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 788
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm.
Apr. 27, 2017 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,037
Cybersecurity is a critical component of software development in many industries including medical devices. However, code is not always written to be robust or secure from the unknown or the unexpected. This gap can make medical devices susceptible to cybersecurity attacks ranging from compromised personal health information to life-sustaining treatment. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Clark Fortney, Software Engineer at Battelle, will discuss how programming oversight using key methods can incre...
Apr. 27, 2017 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,961
The goal of Continuous Testing is to shift testing left to find defects earlier and release software faster. This can be achieved by integrating a set of open source functional and performance testing tools in the early stages of your software delivery lifecycle. There is one process that binds all application delivery stages together into one well-orchestrated machine: Continuous Testing. Continuous Testing is the conveyor belt between the Software Factory and production stages. Artifacts are ...
Apr. 27, 2017 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,279
In recent years, containers have taken the world by storm. Companies of all sizes and industries have realized the massive benefits of containers, such as unprecedented mobility, higher hardware utilization, and increased flexibility and agility; however, many containers today are non-persistent. Containers without persistence miss out on many benefits, and in many cases simply pass the responsibility of persistence onto other infrastructure, adding additional complexity.
Apr. 27, 2017 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,293