|By PR Newswire||
|January 22, 2014 11:58 AM EST||
LAS VEGAS, Jan. 22, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The country's leading culinary festival, Vegas Uncork'd by Bon Appetit, presented by Chase Sapphire Preferred®, features an extraordinary lineup of star-studded chefs, sommeliers and mixologists from ARIA, Bellagio, Caesars Palace, MGM Grand and The Venetian, May 8-11. The four-day celebration offers rare access for food lovers to interact and rub shoulders with their favorite big-named chefs. This year's program will be hosted by celebrity chefs Bobby Flay, Buddy Valastro, Daniel Boulud, Giada De Laurentiis, Joel Robuchon, Julian Serrano, Guy Savoy, Mario Batali, Pierre Gagnaire, Masayoshi Takayama, Michael Mina, Nobu Matsuhisa, Royden Ellamar, Shawn McClain, Thomas Keller and more.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/65289-vegas-uncork-d-grand-tasting-tickets-on-sale
Tickets on sale today at VegasUncorked.com.
"Four days in the Las Vegas sun celebrating 70 of the world's best chefs, 20 of the most talented Master Sommeliers and 50 amazing events is my perfect weekend," says Bon Appetit editor in chief Adam Rapoport. "Vegas Uncork'd by Bon Appetit, entering its eighth year, is not to be missed."
"Las Vegas continues to redefine the essence of epicurean excellence by offering the most comprehensive collection of distinguished chefs, Master Sommeliers and celebrated restaurants in the world," said Cathy Tull, senior vice president of marketing for the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority. "This year we are thrilled to welcome additional resorts, chefs and unique, one-of-a-kind experiences to Vegas Uncork'd by Bon Appetit, as it provides our guests with unparalleled access to legendary chefs and sommeliers in truly intimate settings, while showcasing Las Vegas as the culinary mecca it has become."
Chase Sapphire Preferred, a premier rewards credit card for people who are passionate about travel and dining, is the presenting sponsor of this year's Vegas Uncork'd by Bon Appetit. Chase Sapphire cardholders will enjoy reserved tickets to coveted events and have exclusive access to interactive experiences with chefs, including an intimate meet-and-greet with Chef Nobu Matsuhisa and learn what it takes to create Japanese specialties.
New and notable this year:
- Krug Chef's Table at Master Series Dinner: Dinnertime Decadence with Guy Savoy, Thursday, May 8: Experience exclusive like never before and be one of six at the Chef's table – the only portal into renowned chef Guy Savoy's den at Caesars Palace. At the only Krug Chef's Table in the U.S., guests will sip luxurious Krug Champagne and dine on a special menu prepared by the Michelin-starred chef himself.
- The Night Market: East Meets West, Thursday, May 8: Join top chefs from The Venetian such as Mario Batali, Thomas Keller, Buddy Valastro and Justin Quek, as well as the outstanding chefs from Singapore's Marina Bay Sands as they bring the true night market experience to you with an array of Asian-inspired dishes and drinks.
- Second Annual Chase Sapphire Preferred Grill Challenge, Thursday, May 8: Two Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts students will get a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to compete with two world-class chefs, including Buddy Valastro, from the hit television series Cake Boss. The teams will battle it out during The Night Market at The Venetian for a $20,000 scholarship, courtesy of Chase Sapphire Preferred.
- A Twist on Dinner: The Perfect Pairing of Shawn McClain and Pierre Gagnaire, Thursday, May 8: Join Mandarin Oriental's Pierre Gagnaire, a Michelin three-star chef, and ARIA award-winning chef Shawn McClain as they put their signature fresh-flavor twists on a unique dinner featuring thought-provoking wine pairings.
- Sushi & Sake with Chef Nobu Matsuhisa, Friday, May 9: Culinary master and sushi connoisseur Nobu Matsuhisa shows lucky attendees how to roll sushi and sip the best of sakes at Caesars Palace. Discover his inventive "Nobu Style" that fuses classic sushi-making techniques with unexpected ingredients.
- The Perfect Pairing: Art & Wine, Friday, May 9: Soak up fine works of art while sipping an array of wine in this high-culture pairing from Bellagio's Master Sommelier and Wine Director Jason Smith and Bellagio Gallery of Fine Art Executive Director Tarissa Tiberti. Light bites from Picasso will be served.
- Michael Mina's Poolside Pig Roast & Beer Garden, Friday, May 9: Michael Mina hosts a full-on outdoor shindig complete with succulent whole roasted pig, barbecue favorites, and a bevy of ice-cold beers. Chill outside to the sound of upbeat live music and savor special dishes from Michael Mina's PUB 1842 at MGM Grand.
- Legendary Lunch with Le Cirque, Saturday, May 10: Enjoy fabulous views of The Fountains of Bellagio during this extraordinary luncheon at AAA Five Diamond Award-winning restaurant Le Cirque. Executive Chef Paul Lee will create a spectacular four-course meal perfectly paired with wines hand selected by Flower's Winery Master Sommelier Larry Stone.
- Fire & Ice: A Flame-Grilled Feast Over Cool Cocktails, Saturday, May 10: Royden Ellamar, Executive Chef of Sensi at Bellagio, will heighten senses as he explores the ancient methods of cooking meat with live fire, ash and smoke while Master Mixologist Ricardo Murcia cools things down with creative cocktails incorporating ice and fire by the pool at Bellagio. Prime beef and game will get charred by white oak embers while a whole lamb roasts over pecan logs. Farmers' market vegetables will cook in the ashes of a smoldering fire pit and a bespoke ice smoking chamber will be filled with seafood and wisps of orange wood smoke.
- Mother's Day Weekend Brunch, Saturday, May 10: Brush elbows with all-star chefs including Shawn McClain and Masa Takayama at this chic day party at ARIA where guests will dine on a bountiful brunch paired with world-class wines.
Returning favorites include:
- Grand Tasting, Friday, May 9: Enjoy a staggering variety of signature dishes prepared by the world's most celebrated chefs. The dramatic five-acre Garden of the Gods Pool Oasis at Caesars Palace will feature more than 50 award-winning chefs and more than 100 of the best wines and spirits from around the world. The after party will be held at the newly opened FIZZ Las Vegas where guests can indulge on the best of champagnes and mingle with celebrity chefs all while enjoying the colored photography from the private collection of the lounge's creative director David Furnish and Sir Elton John.
- When in France: A Joel Robuchon Dinner, Saturday, May 10: Named France's Chef of the Century by the esteemed Gault Millau restaurant guide and the most starred chef in the world, Joel Robuchon hosts two private dinners with one-of-a-kind, six-course menu and wine pairing at his namesake MGM Grand restaurant for a night to be remembered.
ABOUT BON APPETIT
Food is culture and Bon Appetit is where food and culture intersect in your life. Bon Appetit, in all its formats (print, digital, products, events) delivers not just recipes, tips, and techniques, but a world of lush travel, high-gloss entertaining, and up-to-the-minute restaurant coverage. It's a visually arresting publication, driven by excellent photography, clean graphics, and headlines that pop. And notable faces, too: Each issue features of-the-moment tastemakers, from chefs and restaurateurs to fashion designers and celebrities. All of these elements combine to make Bon Appetit the largest epicurean magazine in America with the most affluent readership.
About the LVCVA
The Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA) is charged with marketing Southern Nevada as a tourism and convention destination worldwide, and also with operating the Las Vegas Convention Center and Cashman Center. With more than 150,000 hotel rooms in Las Vegas alone and 10.8 million square feet of meeting and exhibit space citywide, the LVCVA's mission centers on attracting ever‑increasing numbers of leisure and business visitors to the area. For more information, go to www.lvcva.com or www.LasVegas.com.
About Chase Sapphire Preferred
Chase Sapphire Preferred is a premier rewards credit card for people who are passionate about travel and dining. With Sapphire Preferred you enjoy premium travel rewards and benefits with no travel restrictions or blackout dates on airfare booked through Ultimate Rewards, double points for every dollar spent on dining and travel, no foreign transaction fees, 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs, 24/7 live customer service, access to exclusive cardmember experiences and more. More information is available at www.chasesapphire.com/preferred.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/65289-vegas-uncork-d-grand-tasting-tickets-on-sale
SOURCE Vegas Uncork'd
As organizations shift towards IT-as-a-service models, the need for managing & protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and now cloud environments grows with it. CommVault can ensure protection & E-Discovery of your data - whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud, or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enterprise.
Nov. 29, 2015 06:00 PM EST Reads: 230
Today air travel is a minefield of delays, hassles and customer disappointment. Airlines struggle to revitalize the experience. GE and M2Mi will demonstrate practical examples of how IoT solutions are helping airlines bring back personalization, reduce trip time and improve reliability. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Dr. Sarah Cooper, M2Mi’s VP Business Development and Engineering, explored the IoT cloud-based platform technologies driving t...
Nov. 29, 2015 06:00 PM EST Reads: 440
In his General Session at DevOps Summit, Asaf Yigal, Co-Founder & VP of Product at Logz.io, explored the value of Kibana 4 for log analysis and provided a hands-on tutorial on how to set up Kibana 4 and get the most out of Apache log files. He examined three use cases: IT operations, business intelligence, and security and compliance. Asaf Yigal is co-founder and VP of Product at log analytics software company Logz.io. In the past, he was co-founder of social-trading platform Currensee, which...
Nov. 29, 2015 04:00 PM EST Reads: 253
The Internet of Things (IoT) is growing rapidly by extending current technologies, products and networks. By 2020, Cisco estimates there will be 50 billion connected devices. Gartner has forecast revenues of over $300 billion, just to IoT suppliers. Now is the time to figure out how you’ll make money – not just create innovative products. With hundreds of new products and companies jumping into the IoT fray every month, there’s no shortage of innovation. Despite this, McKinsey/VisionMobile data...
Nov. 29, 2015 02:00 PM EST Reads: 485
Just over a week ago I received a long and loud sustained applause for a presentation I delivered at this year’s Cloud Expo in Santa Clara. I was extremely pleased with the turnout and had some very good conversations with many of the attendees. Over the next few days I had many more meaningful conversations and was not only happy with the results but also learned a few new things. Here is everything I learned in those three days distilled into three short points.
Nov. 29, 2015 01:00 PM EST Reads: 354
Culture is the most important ingredient of DevOps. The challenge for most organizations is defining and communicating a vision of beneficial DevOps culture for their organizations, and then facilitating the changes needed to achieve that. Often this comes down to an ability to provide true leadership. As a CIO, are your direct reports IT managers or are they IT leaders? The hard truth is that many IT managers have risen through the ranks based on their technical skills, not their leadership ab...
Nov. 29, 2015 01:00 PM EST Reads: 415
DevOps is about increasing efficiency, but nothing is more inefficient than building the same application twice. However, this is a routine occurrence with enterprise applications that need both a rich desktop web interface and strong mobile support. With recent technological advances from Isomorphic Software and others, rich desktop and tuned mobile experiences can now be created with a single codebase – without compromising functionality, performance or usability. In his session at DevOps Su...
Nov. 29, 2015 12:45 PM EST Reads: 420
As organizations realize the scope of the Internet of Things, gaining key insights from Big Data, through the use of advanced analytics, becomes crucial. However, IoT also creates the need for petabyte scale storage of data from millions of devices. A new type of Storage is required which seamlessly integrates robust data analytics with massive scale. These storage systems will act as “smart systems” provide in-place analytics that speed discovery and enable businesses to quickly derive meaningf...
Nov. 29, 2015 12:30 PM EST Reads: 427
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Nov. 29, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 528
In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bruce Swann, Senior Product Marketing Manager for Adobe Campaign, explored the key ingredients of cross-channel marketing in a digital world. Learn how the Adobe Marketing Cloud can help marketers embrace opportunities for personalized, relevant and real-time customer engagement across offline (direct mail, point of sale, call center) and digital (email, website, SMS, mobile apps, social networks, connected objects).
Nov. 29, 2015 11:45 AM EST Reads: 328
The buzz continues for cloud, data analytics and the Internet of Things (IoT) and their collective impact across all industries. But a new conversation is emerging - how do companies use industry disruption and technology enablers to lead in markets undergoing change, uncertainty and ambiguity? Organizations of all sizes need to evolve and transform, often under massive pressure, as industry lines blur and merge and traditional business models are assaulted and turned upside down. In this new da...
Nov. 29, 2015 11:30 AM EST Reads: 275
In recent years, at least 40% of companies using cloud applications have experienced data loss. One of the best prevention against cloud data loss is backing up your cloud data. In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Sam McIntyre, Partner Enablement Specialist at eFolder, presented how organizations can use eFolder Cloudfinder to automate backups of cloud application data. He also demonstrated how easy it is to search and restore cloud application data using Cloudfinder.
Nov. 29, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 203
The Internet of Everything is re-shaping technology trends–moving away from “request/response” architecture to an “always-on” Streaming Web where data is in constant motion and secure, reliable communication is an absolute necessity. As more and more THINGS go online, the challenges that developers will need to address will only increase exponentially. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Todd Greene, Founder & CEO of PubNub, exploreed the current state of IoT connectivity and review key trends and t...
Nov. 29, 2015 09:45 AM EST Reads: 453
Two weeks ago (November 3-5), I attended the Cloud Expo Silicon Valley as a speaker, where I presented on the security and privacy due diligence requirements for cloud solutions. Cloud security is a topical issue for every CIO, CISO, and technology buyer. Decision-makers are always looking for insights on how to mitigate the security risks of implementing and using cloud solutions. Based on the presentation topics covered at the conference, as well as the general discussions heard between sessi...
Nov. 29, 2015 09:15 AM EST Reads: 346
We all know that data growth is exploding and storage budgets are shrinking. Instead of showing you charts on about how much data there is, in his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Scott Cleland, Senior Director of Product Marketing at HGST, showed how to capture all of your data in one place. After you have your data under control, you can then analyze it in one place, saving time and resources.
Nov. 29, 2015 08:45 AM EST Reads: 226