|By PR Newswire||
|January 22, 2014 11:58 AM EST||
LAS VEGAS, Jan. 22, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The country's leading culinary festival, Vegas Uncork'd by Bon Appetit, presented by Chase Sapphire Preferred®, features an extraordinary lineup of star-studded chefs, sommeliers and mixologists from ARIA, Bellagio, Caesars Palace, MGM Grand and The Venetian, May 8-11. The four-day celebration offers rare access for food lovers to interact and rub shoulders with their favorite big-named chefs. This year's program will be hosted by celebrity chefs Bobby Flay, Buddy Valastro, Daniel Boulud, Giada De Laurentiis, Joel Robuchon, Julian Serrano, Guy Savoy, Mario Batali, Pierre Gagnaire, Masayoshi Takayama, Michael Mina, Nobu Matsuhisa, Royden Ellamar, Shawn McClain, Thomas Keller and more.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/65289-vegas-uncork-d-grand-tasting-tickets-on-sale
Tickets on sale today at VegasUncorked.com.
"Four days in the Las Vegas sun celebrating 70 of the world's best chefs, 20 of the most talented Master Sommeliers and 50 amazing events is my perfect weekend," says Bon Appetit editor in chief Adam Rapoport. "Vegas Uncork'd by Bon Appetit, entering its eighth year, is not to be missed."
"Las Vegas continues to redefine the essence of epicurean excellence by offering the most comprehensive collection of distinguished chefs, Master Sommeliers and celebrated restaurants in the world," said Cathy Tull, senior vice president of marketing for the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority. "This year we are thrilled to welcome additional resorts, chefs and unique, one-of-a-kind experiences to Vegas Uncork'd by Bon Appetit, as it provides our guests with unparalleled access to legendary chefs and sommeliers in truly intimate settings, while showcasing Las Vegas as the culinary mecca it has become."
Chase Sapphire Preferred, a premier rewards credit card for people who are passionate about travel and dining, is the presenting sponsor of this year's Vegas Uncork'd by Bon Appetit. Chase Sapphire cardholders will enjoy reserved tickets to coveted events and have exclusive access to interactive experiences with chefs, including an intimate meet-and-greet with Chef Nobu Matsuhisa and learn what it takes to create Japanese specialties.
New and notable this year:
- Krug Chef's Table at Master Series Dinner: Dinnertime Decadence with Guy Savoy, Thursday, May 8: Experience exclusive like never before and be one of six at the Chef's table – the only portal into renowned chef Guy Savoy's den at Caesars Palace. At the only Krug Chef's Table in the U.S., guests will sip luxurious Krug Champagne and dine on a special menu prepared by the Michelin-starred chef himself.
- The Night Market: East Meets West, Thursday, May 8: Join top chefs from The Venetian such as Mario Batali, Thomas Keller, Buddy Valastro and Justin Quek, as well as the outstanding chefs from Singapore's Marina Bay Sands as they bring the true night market experience to you with an array of Asian-inspired dishes and drinks.
- Second Annual Chase Sapphire Preferred Grill Challenge, Thursday, May 8: Two Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts students will get a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to compete with two world-class chefs, including Buddy Valastro, from the hit television series Cake Boss. The teams will battle it out during The Night Market at The Venetian for a $20,000 scholarship, courtesy of Chase Sapphire Preferred.
- A Twist on Dinner: The Perfect Pairing of Shawn McClain and Pierre Gagnaire, Thursday, May 8: Join Mandarin Oriental's Pierre Gagnaire, a Michelin three-star chef, and ARIA award-winning chef Shawn McClain as they put their signature fresh-flavor twists on a unique dinner featuring thought-provoking wine pairings.
- Sushi & Sake with Chef Nobu Matsuhisa, Friday, May 9: Culinary master and sushi connoisseur Nobu Matsuhisa shows lucky attendees how to roll sushi and sip the best of sakes at Caesars Palace. Discover his inventive "Nobu Style" that fuses classic sushi-making techniques with unexpected ingredients.
- The Perfect Pairing: Art & Wine, Friday, May 9: Soak up fine works of art while sipping an array of wine in this high-culture pairing from Bellagio's Master Sommelier and Wine Director Jason Smith and Bellagio Gallery of Fine Art Executive Director Tarissa Tiberti. Light bites from Picasso will be served.
- Michael Mina's Poolside Pig Roast & Beer Garden, Friday, May 9: Michael Mina hosts a full-on outdoor shindig complete with succulent whole roasted pig, barbecue favorites, and a bevy of ice-cold beers. Chill outside to the sound of upbeat live music and savor special dishes from Michael Mina's PUB 1842 at MGM Grand.
- Legendary Lunch with Le Cirque, Saturday, May 10: Enjoy fabulous views of The Fountains of Bellagio during this extraordinary luncheon at AAA Five Diamond Award-winning restaurant Le Cirque. Executive Chef Paul Lee will create a spectacular four-course meal perfectly paired with wines hand selected by Flower's Winery Master Sommelier Larry Stone.
- Fire & Ice: A Flame-Grilled Feast Over Cool Cocktails, Saturday, May 10: Royden Ellamar, Executive Chef of Sensi at Bellagio, will heighten senses as he explores the ancient methods of cooking meat with live fire, ash and smoke while Master Mixologist Ricardo Murcia cools things down with creative cocktails incorporating ice and fire by the pool at Bellagio. Prime beef and game will get charred by white oak embers while a whole lamb roasts over pecan logs. Farmers' market vegetables will cook in the ashes of a smoldering fire pit and a bespoke ice smoking chamber will be filled with seafood and wisps of orange wood smoke.
- Mother's Day Weekend Brunch, Saturday, May 10: Brush elbows with all-star chefs including Shawn McClain and Masa Takayama at this chic day party at ARIA where guests will dine on a bountiful brunch paired with world-class wines.
Returning favorites include:
- Grand Tasting, Friday, May 9: Enjoy a staggering variety of signature dishes prepared by the world's most celebrated chefs. The dramatic five-acre Garden of the Gods Pool Oasis at Caesars Palace will feature more than 50 award-winning chefs and more than 100 of the best wines and spirits from around the world. The after party will be held at the newly opened FIZZ Las Vegas where guests can indulge on the best of champagnes and mingle with celebrity chefs all while enjoying the colored photography from the private collection of the lounge's creative director David Furnish and Sir Elton John.
- When in France: A Joel Robuchon Dinner, Saturday, May 10: Named France's Chef of the Century by the esteemed Gault Millau restaurant guide and the most starred chef in the world, Joel Robuchon hosts two private dinners with one-of-a-kind, six-course menu and wine pairing at his namesake MGM Grand restaurant for a night to be remembered.
ABOUT BON APPETIT
Food is culture and Bon Appetit is where food and culture intersect in your life. Bon Appetit, in all its formats (print, digital, products, events) delivers not just recipes, tips, and techniques, but a world of lush travel, high-gloss entertaining, and up-to-the-minute restaurant coverage. It's a visually arresting publication, driven by excellent photography, clean graphics, and headlines that pop. And notable faces, too: Each issue features of-the-moment tastemakers, from chefs and restaurateurs to fashion designers and celebrities. All of these elements combine to make Bon Appetit the largest epicurean magazine in America with the most affluent readership.
About the LVCVA
The Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA) is charged with marketing Southern Nevada as a tourism and convention destination worldwide, and also with operating the Las Vegas Convention Center and Cashman Center. With more than 150,000 hotel rooms in Las Vegas alone and 10.8 million square feet of meeting and exhibit space citywide, the LVCVA's mission centers on attracting ever‑increasing numbers of leisure and business visitors to the area. For more information, go to www.lvcva.com or www.LasVegas.com.
About Chase Sapphire Preferred
Chase Sapphire Preferred is a premier rewards credit card for people who are passionate about travel and dining. With Sapphire Preferred you enjoy premium travel rewards and benefits with no travel restrictions or blackout dates on airfare booked through Ultimate Rewards, double points for every dollar spent on dining and travel, no foreign transaction fees, 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs, 24/7 live customer service, access to exclusive cardmember experiences and more. More information is available at www.chasesapphire.com/preferred.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/65289-vegas-uncork-d-grand-tasting-tickets-on-sale
SOURCE Vegas Uncork'd
In their session at 17th Cloud Expo, Hal Schwartz, CEO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), and Chuck Paolillo, CTO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), provide a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. In his role as CEO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), Hal Schwartz provides leadership and direction for the company.
Aug. 4, 2015 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 239
There are many considerations when moving applications from on-premise to cloud. It is critical to understand the benefits and also challenges of this migration. A successful migration will result in lower Total Cost of Ownership, yet offer the same or higher level of robustness. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Michael Meiner, an Engineering Director at Oracle, Corporation, analyzed a range of cloud offerings (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and discussed the benefits/challenges of migrating to each offe...
Aug. 4, 2015 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 220
SYS-CON Events announced today that the "Second Containers & Microservices Expo" will take place November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Containers and microservices have become topics of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities.
Aug. 4, 2015 05:30 PM EDT
As organizations shift towards IT-as-a-service models, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and now cloud environments grows with it. CommVault can ensure protection and E-Discovery of your data – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud, or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enterprise. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Randy De Meno, Chief Technologist - Windows Products and Microsoft Partnerships at Com...
Aug. 4, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 111
The Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), which enables organizations to seamlessly run in a hybrid cloud model (public + private cloud), is here to stay. IDC estimates that the software-defined networking market will be valued at $3.7 billion by 2016. Security is a key component and benefit of the SDDC, and offers an opportunity to build security 'from the ground up' and weave it into the environment from day one. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Reuven Harrison, CTO and Co-Founder of Tufin,...
Aug. 4, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 573
Scrum Alliance has announced the release of its 2015 State of Scrum Report. Almost 5,000 individuals and companies worldwide participated in this year's survey. Most organizations in the market today are still leading and managing under an Industrial Age model. Not only is the speed of change growing exponentially, Agile and Scrum frameworks are showing companies how to draw on the full talents and capabilities of those doing the work in order to continue innovating for success.
Aug. 4, 2015 02:45 PM EDT
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a software development company, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software development company with representative offices in Atlanta (US), Sheffield (UK) and Würzburg (Germany); and development centers in Ukraine. Since 2009 it has grown from a small group of passionate engineers and business managers to a full-scale mobi...
Aug. 4, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 391
Between the compelling mockups and specs produced by your analysts and designers, and the resulting application built by your developers, there is a gulf where projects fail, costs spiral out of control, and applications fall short of requirements. In his session at @DevOpsSummit, Charles Kendrick, CTO and Chief Architect at Isomorphic Software, presented a new approach where business and development users collaborate – each using tools appropriate to their goals and expertise – to build mocku...
Aug. 4, 2015 01:30 PM EDT
Container technology is sending shock waves through the world of cloud computing. Heralded as the 'next big thing,' containers provide software owners a consistent way to package their software and dependencies while infrastructure operators benefit from a standard way to deploy and run them. Containers present new challenges for tracking usage due to their dynamic nature. They can also be deployed to bare metal, virtual machines and various cloud platforms. How do software owners track the usag...
Aug. 4, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 295
SYS-CON Events announced today that VividCortex, the monitoring solution for the modern data system, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The database is the heart of most applications, but it’s also the part that’s hardest to scale, monitor, and optimize even as it’s growing 50% year over year. VividCortex is the first unified suite of database monitoring tools specifically desi...
Aug. 4, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 116
Graylog, Inc., has added the capability to collect, centralize and analyze application container logs from within Docker. The Graylog logging driver for Docker addresses the challenges of extracting intelligence from within Docker containers, where most workloads are dynamic and log data is not persisted or stored. Using Graylog, DevOps and IT Ops teams can pinpoint the root cause of problems to deliver new applications faster and minimize downtime.
Aug. 4, 2015 11:45 AM EDT
As Marc Andreessen says software is eating the world. Everything is rapidly moving toward being software-defined – from our phones and cars through our washing machines to the datacenter. However, there are larger challenges when implementing software defined on a larger scale - when building software defined infrastructure. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Boyan Ivanov, CEO of StorPool, provided some practical insights on what, how and why when implementing "software-defined" in the datacent...
Aug. 4, 2015 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 120
Learn how you can use the CoSN SEND II Decision Tree for Education Technology to make sure that your K–12 technology initiatives create a more engaging learning experience that empowers students, teachers, and administrators alike.
Aug. 4, 2015 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 120
Mobile, social, Big Data, and cloud have fundamentally changed the way we live. “Anytime, anywhere” access to data and information is no longer a luxury; it’s a requirement, in both our personal and professional lives. For IT organizations, this means pressure has never been greater to deliver meaningful services to the business and customers.
Aug. 4, 2015 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 265
In a recent research, analyst firm IDC found that the average cost of a critical application failure is $500,000 to $1 million per hour and the average total cost of unplanned application downtime is $1.25 billion to $2.5 billion per year for Fortune 1000 companies. In addition to the findings on the cost of the downtime, the research also highlighted best practices for development, testing, application support, infrastructure, and operations teams.
Aug. 4, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 227