|By Marketwired .||
|January 22, 2014 02:02 PM EST||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwired - January 22, 2014) - Moovweb announced today 16 of the most respected and leading nonprofit organizations are powering their mobile sites with Moovweb's cloud-based platform. Moovweb's next generation approach to mobility offers nonprofits a unique opportunity to unify their desktop, mobile and apps strategies by leveraging their existing web assets to accelerate time to market, drive better results, increase business agility and reduce operational costs. Using Moovweb's platform, nonprofits have bolstered fundraising effectiveness, broadened participation in events, and greatly increased the reach of existing digital marketing campaigns.
"Mobile is no longer an option for nonprofits, it is a critical business imperative to educate, activate, and engage supporters of all sizes," said Mitch Bishop, Moovweb's chief marketing officer. "Capitalizing on each and every moment an individual is inspired to act, nonprofits embrace the value of mobile investments; expanding community outreach, boosting donations, increasing visibility, and driving engagement and loyalty."
"Moovweb's unwavering high standards and rapid delivery time impressed the whole GreaterGood team and exceeded our most optimistic expectations," shared Greg Hesterberg, President of CharityUSA/GreaterGood. "Moovweb's robust mobile platform empowered us to deliver multiple mobile sites ahead of schedule, helping to make this past holiday season the best we've ever had. They truly made a difference."
The new year represents an opportunity for Moovweb to recognize these organizations and their tireless work to improve lives around the world.
- American Cancer Society is saving lives by helping people stay well, get well, find cures, and fight back against the scourge of cancer. The Cancer.org mobile site puts thousands of pages of cancer information, patient support services, Society events, and opportunities to donate and volunteer in the hands of people that need it most: cancer patients and their families. Powered by mobile, both credit card and Paypal donations has been enabled.
- The American Cancer Society's Making Strides Against Breast Cancer® is the largest network of breast cancer awareness events in the nation, uniting nearly 300 communities to finish the fight. Every breast cancer walk and event is an incredible and inspiring opportunity to honor those who have battled breast cancer, raise awareness about what we can do to reduce our breast cancer risk, and raise money to help the American Cancer Society fight the disease with research, information and services, and access to mammograms for women who need them. Users can now register and donate via mobile. Post launch, Making Strides Against Breast Cancer has seen strong increases in both the number of mobile registrations and donations.
- The American Cancer Society's Relay For Life® is a life-changing event that gives everyone in communities across the globe a chance to celebrate the lives of people who have battled cancer, Remember loved ones lost, and fight back against the disease. Each year, more than 4 million people in over 20 countries take part in this global phenomenon and raise much-needed funds and awareness to save lives from cancer. A volunteer driven event, it was vital that every volunteer touch point be as user-friendly and accessible as is possible. Select features include the ability to register for an event, full featured participant dashboards, tracking of team progress, the ability to add event announcements, management of team activities, and accept team and personal donations.
- GreaterGood brings together communities that care, giving supporters the power to make a difference in the world with simple, everyday actions. Mobilized on Moovweb's platform, The Breast Cancer Site was founded to help fund free mammograms for women in need -- women for whom early detection would not otherwise be possible. Additional GreaterGood mobile sites include The Hunger Site, The Veterans Site, The Autism Site, The Diabetes Site, The Animal Rescue Site, The Literacy Site, and The Rainforest Site.
- National 4-H Council is the nation's largest youth development organization. More than 6 million 4-H youth in urban neighborhoods, suburban schoolyards and rural farming communities stand out among their peers: building revolutionary opportunities and implementing community-wide change at an early age. Mobilized on Moovweb's platform, 4-H Mall is the primary source for 4-H apparel, supplies, curriculum, printed resources, and other similar items bearing the 4-H name or emblem
- The Humane Society of the United States has fought for over 50 years to protect animals through advocacy, education, and hands-on programs. As the nation's largest animal protection organization it was really important for them to increase user engagement on mobile. Users can take strong action with ease, using refreshed donation forms and simultaneously be captivated by the rich video landing pages.
- The March of Dimes is one of the world's most recognized non-profit brands, dedicated to working together for stronger, healthier babies. The March for Babies mobile site uses the Moovweb platform to help supporters sign up for events, make donations, manage donation teams, and much more.
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society is the world's largest voluntary health agency dedicated to blood cancer. The LLS mission is to cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. LLS funds lifesaving blood cancer research around the world and provides free information and support services. Moovweb powers the Team in Training mobile site for The Society where people connect with their local chapter and craft a personalized training program from nationally recognized coaches.
To learn more about Moovweb, visit our site here: http://www.moovweb.com/platform/.
Moovweb is a next generation mobile platform for Responsive Delivery, transforming desktop sites in real time for phones, tablets, kiosks, and future endpoints. By leveraging existing web investments, Moovweb unifies web and mobile strategies, dramatically cutting cost and creating business agility. Enterprise developers, design agencies, and systems integrators can use Moovweb to deliver mobile sites and apps faster and improve their mobile experiences more quickly. The Moovweb platform is one of the world's busiest, with more than 15 billion mobile pages transformed this year alone for many of the world's largest mobile sites and apps, including Accenture, Cox Communications, Macy's, 1-800-FLOWERS.com, Sur la Table, Golfsmith, Vitacost, Kroger, Chico's, Sharpie and dozens of others. Moovweb is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in New York and London.
Moovweb® is a registered trademark of Moov Corporation. All other registered and unregistered trademarks in this document are the sole property of their respective owners.
IoT offers a value of almost $4 trillion to the manufacturing industry through platforms that can improve margins, optimize operations & drive high performance work teams. By using IoT technologies as a foundation, manufacturing customers are integrating worker safety with manufacturing systems, driving deep collaboration and utilizing analytics to exponentially increased per-unit margins. However, as Benoit Lheureux, the VP for Research at Gartner points out, “IoT project implementers often ...
Sep. 27, 2016 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,392
SYS-CON Events announced today that Tintri Inc., a leading producer of VM-aware storage (VAS) for virtualization and cloud environments, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Tintri VM-aware storage is the simplest for virtualized applications and cloud. Organizations including GE, Toyota, United Healthcare, NASA and 6 of the Fortune 15 have said “No to LUNs.” With Tintri they mana...
Sep. 27, 2016 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,841
The Jevons Paradox suggests that when technological advances increase efficiency of a resource, it results in an overall increase in consumption. Writing on the increased use of coal as a result of technological improvements, 19th-century economist William Stanley Jevons found that these improvements led to the development of new ways to utilize coal. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Thiele, Chief Strategy Officer for Apcera, will compare the Jevons Paradox to modern-day enterprise IT, e...
Sep. 27, 2016 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,176
SYS-CON Events announced today the Enterprise IoT Bootcamp, being held November 1-2, 2016, in conjunction with 19th Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the Enterprise IoT Bootcamp is not just based on presentations but with hands-on demos and detailed walkthroughs. We will introduce you to a variety of real world use cases prototyped using Arduino, Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone, Spark, and Intel Edison. Y...
Sep. 27, 2016 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,961
Complete Internet of Things (IoT) embedded device security is not just about the device but involves the entire product’s identity, data and control integrity, and services traversing the cloud. A device can no longer be looked at as an island; it is a part of a system. In fact, given the cross-domain interactions enabled by IoT it could be a part of many systems. Also, depending on where the device is deployed, for example, in the office building versus a factory floor or oil field, security ha...
Sep. 27, 2016 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 483
Is your aging software platform suffering from technical debt while the market changes and demands new solutions at a faster clip? It’s a bold move, but you might consider walking away from your core platform and starting fresh. ReadyTalk did exactly that. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, will discuss why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and over a decade of audio conferencing product development to start an innovati...
Sep. 27, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,043
Fifty billion connected devices and still no winning protocols standards. HTTP, WebSockets, MQTT, and CoAP seem to be leading in the IoT protocol race at the moment but many more protocols are getting introduced on a regular basis. Each protocol has its pros and cons depending on the nature of the communications. Does there really need to be only one protocol to rule them all? Of course not. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, walk you through how Oct...
Sep. 27, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,234
SYS-CON Events announced today that Bsquare has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For more than two decades, Bsquare has helped its customers extract business value from a broad array of physical assets by making them intelligent, connecting them, and using the data they generate to optimize business processes.
Sep. 27, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,866
Whether they’re located in a public, private, or hybrid cloud environment, cloud technologies are constantly evolving. While the innovation is exciting, the end mission of delivering business value and rapidly producing incremental product features is paramount. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Kiran Chitturi, CTO Architect at Sungard AS, will discuss DevOps culture, its evolution of frameworks and technologies, and how it is achieving maturity. He will also cover various st...
Sep. 27, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,820
Identity is in everything and customers are looking to their providers to ensure the security of their identities, transactions and data. With the increased reliance on cloud-based services, service providers must build security and trust into their offerings, adding value to customers and improving the user experience. Making identity, security and privacy easy for customers provides a unique advantage over the competition.
Sep. 27, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,569
There are several IoTs: the Industrial Internet, Consumer Wearables, Wearables and Healthcare, Supply Chains, and the movement toward Smart Grids, Cities, Regions, and Nations. There are competing communications standards every step of the way, a bewildering array of sensors and devices, and an entire world of competing data analytics platforms. To some this appears to be chaos. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, Bradley Holt, Developer Advocate a...
Sep. 27, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,211
SYS-CON Events announced today that Niagara Networks will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Niagara Networks offers the highest port-density systems, and the most complete Next-Generation Network Visibility systems including Network Packet Brokers, Bypass Switches, and Network TAPs.
Sep. 27, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 417
SYS-CON Events announced today that Secure Channels will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The bedrock of Secure Channels Technology is a uniquely modified and enhanced process based on superencipherment. Superencipherment is the process of encrypting an already encrypted message one or more times, either using the same or a different algorithm.
Sep. 27, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,702
If you’re responsible for an application that depends on the data or functionality of various IoT endpoints – either sensors or devices – your brand reputation depends on the security, reliability, and compliance of its many integrated parts. If your application fails to deliver the expected business results, your customers and partners won't care if that failure stems from the code you developed or from a component that you integrated. What can you do to ensure that the endpoints work as expect...
Sep. 27, 2016 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,667
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, provided tips on how to be successful in large scale machine learning...
Sep. 27, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,039