|By Marketwired .||
|January 22, 2014 02:02 PM EST||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwired - January 22, 2014) - Moovweb announced today 16 of the most respected and leading nonprofit organizations are powering their mobile sites with Moovweb's cloud-based platform. Moovweb's next generation approach to mobility offers nonprofits a unique opportunity to unify their desktop, mobile and apps strategies by leveraging their existing web assets to accelerate time to market, drive better results, increase business agility and reduce operational costs. Using Moovweb's platform, nonprofits have bolstered fundraising effectiveness, broadened participation in events, and greatly increased the reach of existing digital marketing campaigns.
"Mobile is no longer an option for nonprofits, it is a critical business imperative to educate, activate, and engage supporters of all sizes," said Mitch Bishop, Moovweb's chief marketing officer. "Capitalizing on each and every moment an individual is inspired to act, nonprofits embrace the value of mobile investments; expanding community outreach, boosting donations, increasing visibility, and driving engagement and loyalty."
"Moovweb's unwavering high standards and rapid delivery time impressed the whole GreaterGood team and exceeded our most optimistic expectations," shared Greg Hesterberg, President of CharityUSA/GreaterGood. "Moovweb's robust mobile platform empowered us to deliver multiple mobile sites ahead of schedule, helping to make this past holiday season the best we've ever had. They truly made a difference."
The new year represents an opportunity for Moovweb to recognize these organizations and their tireless work to improve lives around the world.
- American Cancer Society is saving lives by helping people stay well, get well, find cures, and fight back against the scourge of cancer. The Cancer.org mobile site puts thousands of pages of cancer information, patient support services, Society events, and opportunities to donate and volunteer in the hands of people that need it most: cancer patients and their families. Powered by mobile, both credit card and Paypal donations has been enabled.
- The American Cancer Society's Making Strides Against Breast Cancer® is the largest network of breast cancer awareness events in the nation, uniting nearly 300 communities to finish the fight. Every breast cancer walk and event is an incredible and inspiring opportunity to honor those who have battled breast cancer, raise awareness about what we can do to reduce our breast cancer risk, and raise money to help the American Cancer Society fight the disease with research, information and services, and access to mammograms for women who need them. Users can now register and donate via mobile. Post launch, Making Strides Against Breast Cancer has seen strong increases in both the number of mobile registrations and donations.
- The American Cancer Society's Relay For Life® is a life-changing event that gives everyone in communities across the globe a chance to celebrate the lives of people who have battled cancer, Remember loved ones lost, and fight back against the disease. Each year, more than 4 million people in over 20 countries take part in this global phenomenon and raise much-needed funds and awareness to save lives from cancer. A volunteer driven event, it was vital that every volunteer touch point be as user-friendly and accessible as is possible. Select features include the ability to register for an event, full featured participant dashboards, tracking of team progress, the ability to add event announcements, management of team activities, and accept team and personal donations.
- GreaterGood brings together communities that care, giving supporters the power to make a difference in the world with simple, everyday actions. Mobilized on Moovweb's platform, The Breast Cancer Site was founded to help fund free mammograms for women in need -- women for whom early detection would not otherwise be possible. Additional GreaterGood mobile sites include The Hunger Site, The Veterans Site, The Autism Site, The Diabetes Site, The Animal Rescue Site, The Literacy Site, and The Rainforest Site.
- National 4-H Council is the nation's largest youth development organization. More than 6 million 4-H youth in urban neighborhoods, suburban schoolyards and rural farming communities stand out among their peers: building revolutionary opportunities and implementing community-wide change at an early age. Mobilized on Moovweb's platform, 4-H Mall is the primary source for 4-H apparel, supplies, curriculum, printed resources, and other similar items bearing the 4-H name or emblem
- The Humane Society of the United States has fought for over 50 years to protect animals through advocacy, education, and hands-on programs. As the nation's largest animal protection organization it was really important for them to increase user engagement on mobile. Users can take strong action with ease, using refreshed donation forms and simultaneously be captivated by the rich video landing pages.
- The March of Dimes is one of the world's most recognized non-profit brands, dedicated to working together for stronger, healthier babies. The March for Babies mobile site uses the Moovweb platform to help supporters sign up for events, make donations, manage donation teams, and much more.
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society is the world's largest voluntary health agency dedicated to blood cancer. The LLS mission is to cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. LLS funds lifesaving blood cancer research around the world and provides free information and support services. Moovweb powers the Team in Training mobile site for The Society where people connect with their local chapter and craft a personalized training program from nationally recognized coaches.
To learn more about Moovweb, visit our site here: http://www.moovweb.com/platform/.
Moovweb is a next generation mobile platform for Responsive Delivery, transforming desktop sites in real time for phones, tablets, kiosks, and future endpoints. By leveraging existing web investments, Moovweb unifies web and mobile strategies, dramatically cutting cost and creating business agility. Enterprise developers, design agencies, and systems integrators can use Moovweb to deliver mobile sites and apps faster and improve their mobile experiences more quickly. The Moovweb platform is one of the world's busiest, with more than 15 billion mobile pages transformed this year alone for many of the world's largest mobile sites and apps, including Accenture, Cox Communications, Macy's, 1-800-FLOWERS.com, Sur la Table, Golfsmith, Vitacost, Kroger, Chico's, Sharpie and dozens of others. Moovweb is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in New York and London.
Moovweb® is a registered trademark of Moov Corporation. All other registered and unregistered trademarks in this document are the sole property of their respective owners.
Buzzword alert: Microservices and IoT at a DevOps conference? What could possibly go wrong? In this Power Panel at DevOps Summit, moderated by Jason Bloomberg, the leading expert on architecting agility for the enterprise and president of Intellyx, panelists peeled away the buzz and discuss the important architectural principles behind implementing IoT solutions for the enterprise. As remote IoT devices and sensors become increasingly intelligent, they become part of our distributed cloud enviro...
Jan. 24, 2017 08:45 AM EST Reads: 5,087
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a client-oriented software development company, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software company that develops and delivers turn-key mobile apps, websites, web services, and complex softw...
Jan. 24, 2017 08:30 AM EST Reads: 2,005
Cloud Expo, Inc. has announced today that Andi Mann returns to 'DevOps at Cloud Expo 2017' as Conference Chair The @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. "DevOps is set to be one of the most profound disruptions to hit IT in decades," said Andi Mann. "It is a natural extension of cloud computing, and I have seen both firsthand and in independent research the fantastic results DevOps delivers. So I am excited to help the great t...
Jan. 24, 2017 08:15 AM EST Reads: 2,506
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Jan. 24, 2017 07:45 AM EST Reads: 3,922
Creating replica copies to tolerate a certain number of failures is easy, but very expensive at cloud-scale. Conventional RAID has lower overhead, but it is limited in the number of failures it can tolerate. And the management is like herding cats (overseeing capacity, rebuilds, migrations, and degraded performance). In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Scott Cleland, Senior Director of Product Marketing for the HGST Cloud Infrastructure Business Unit, discussed how a new approach is neces...
Jan. 24, 2017 07:45 AM EST Reads: 4,558
The buzz continues for cloud, data analytics and the Internet of Things (IoT) and their collective impact across all industries. But a new conversation is emerging - how do companies use industry disruption and technology enablers to lead in markets undergoing change, uncertainty and ambiguity? Organizations of all sizes need to evolve and transform, often under massive pressure, as industry lines blur and merge and traditional business models are assaulted and turned upside down. In this new da...
Jan. 24, 2017 06:45 AM EST Reads: 6,909
DevOps tends to focus on the relationship between Dev and Ops, putting an emphasis on the ops and application infrastructure. But that’s changing with microservices architectures. In her session at DevOps Summit, Lori MacVittie, Evangelist for F5 Networks, will focus on how microservices are changing the underlying architectures needed to scale, secure and deliver applications based on highly distributed (micro) services and why that means an expansion into “the network” for DevOps.
Jan. 24, 2017 06:45 AM EST Reads: 5,771
In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Claude Remillard, Principal Program Manager in Developer Division at Microsoft, contrasted how his team used config as code and immutable patterns for continuous delivery of microservices and apps to the cloud. He showed how the immutable patterns helps developers do away with most of the complexity of config as code-enabling scenarios such as rollback, zero downtime upgrades with far greater simplicity. He also demoed building immutable pipelines in the cloud ...
Jan. 24, 2017 06:45 AM EST Reads: 3,635
@DevOpsSummit at Cloud taking place June 6-8, 2017, at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long developm...
Jan. 24, 2017 06:30 AM EST Reads: 3,661
Traditional on-premises data centers have long been the domain of modern data platforms like Apache Hadoop, meaning companies who build their business on public cloud were challenged to run Big Data processing and analytics at scale. But recent advancements in Hadoop performance, security, and most importantly cloud-native integrations, are giving organizations the ability to truly gain value from all their data. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, David Tishgart, Director of Product Marketing ...
Jan. 24, 2017 05:00 AM EST Reads: 3,114
The security needs of IoT environments require a strong, proven approach to maintain security, trust and privacy in their ecosystem. Assurance and protection of device identity, secure data encryption and authentication are the key security challenges organizations are trying to address when integrating IoT devices. This holds true for IoT applications in a wide range of industries, for example, healthcare, consumer devices, and manufacturing. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lancen LaChance, vic...
Jan. 24, 2017 04:00 AM EST Reads: 6,700
While many government agencies have embraced the idea of employing cloud computing as a tool for increasing the efficiency and flexibility of IT, many still struggle with large scale adoption. The challenge is mainly attributed to the federated structure of these agencies as well as the immaturity of brokerage and governance tools and models. Initiatives like FedRAMP are a great first step toward solving many of these challenges but there are a lot of unknowns that are yet to be tackled. In hi...
Jan. 24, 2017 02:45 AM EST Reads: 3,955
Who are you? How do you introduce yourself? Do you use a name, or do you greet a friend by the last four digits of his social security number? Assuming you don’t, why are we content to associate our identity with 10 random digits assigned by our phone company? Identity is an issue that affects everyone, but as individuals we don’t spend a lot of time thinking about it. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ben Klang, Founder & President of Mojo Lingo, discussed the impact of technology on identity. Sho...
Jan. 24, 2017 02:30 AM EST Reads: 4,278
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, discussed how leveraging the Industrial Internet and...
Jan. 24, 2017 02:15 AM EST Reads: 6,721
What are the new priorities for the connected business? First: businesses need to think differently about the types of connections they will need to make – these span well beyond the traditional app to app into more modern forms of integration including SaaS integrations, mobile integrations, APIs, device integration and Big Data integration. It’s important these are unified together vs. doing them all piecemeal. Second, these types of connections need to be simple to design, adapt and configure...
Jan. 24, 2017 02:00 AM EST Reads: 1,959