|By Marketwired .||
|January 22, 2014 02:02 PM EST||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwired - January 22, 2014) - Moovweb announced today 16 of the most respected and leading nonprofit organizations are powering their mobile sites with Moovweb's cloud-based platform. Moovweb's next generation approach to mobility offers nonprofits a unique opportunity to unify their desktop, mobile and apps strategies by leveraging their existing web assets to accelerate time to market, drive better results, increase business agility and reduce operational costs. Using Moovweb's platform, nonprofits have bolstered fundraising effectiveness, broadened participation in events, and greatly increased the reach of existing digital marketing campaigns.
"Mobile is no longer an option for nonprofits, it is a critical business imperative to educate, activate, and engage supporters of all sizes," said Mitch Bishop, Moovweb's chief marketing officer. "Capitalizing on each and every moment an individual is inspired to act, nonprofits embrace the value of mobile investments; expanding community outreach, boosting donations, increasing visibility, and driving engagement and loyalty."
"Moovweb's unwavering high standards and rapid delivery time impressed the whole GreaterGood team and exceeded our most optimistic expectations," shared Greg Hesterberg, President of CharityUSA/GreaterGood. "Moovweb's robust mobile platform empowered us to deliver multiple mobile sites ahead of schedule, helping to make this past holiday season the best we've ever had. They truly made a difference."
The new year represents an opportunity for Moovweb to recognize these organizations and their tireless work to improve lives around the world.
- American Cancer Society is saving lives by helping people stay well, get well, find cures, and fight back against the scourge of cancer. The Cancer.org mobile site puts thousands of pages of cancer information, patient support services, Society events, and opportunities to donate and volunteer in the hands of people that need it most: cancer patients and their families. Powered by mobile, both credit card and Paypal donations has been enabled.
- The American Cancer Society's Making Strides Against Breast Cancer® is the largest network of breast cancer awareness events in the nation, uniting nearly 300 communities to finish the fight. Every breast cancer walk and event is an incredible and inspiring opportunity to honor those who have battled breast cancer, raise awareness about what we can do to reduce our breast cancer risk, and raise money to help the American Cancer Society fight the disease with research, information and services, and access to mammograms for women who need them. Users can now register and donate via mobile. Post launch, Making Strides Against Breast Cancer has seen strong increases in both the number of mobile registrations and donations.
- The American Cancer Society's Relay For Life® is a life-changing event that gives everyone in communities across the globe a chance to celebrate the lives of people who have battled cancer, Remember loved ones lost, and fight back against the disease. Each year, more than 4 million people in over 20 countries take part in this global phenomenon and raise much-needed funds and awareness to save lives from cancer. A volunteer driven event, it was vital that every volunteer touch point be as user-friendly and accessible as is possible. Select features include the ability to register for an event, full featured participant dashboards, tracking of team progress, the ability to add event announcements, management of team activities, and accept team and personal donations.
- GreaterGood brings together communities that care, giving supporters the power to make a difference in the world with simple, everyday actions. Mobilized on Moovweb's platform, The Breast Cancer Site was founded to help fund free mammograms for women in need -- women for whom early detection would not otherwise be possible. Additional GreaterGood mobile sites include The Hunger Site, The Veterans Site, The Autism Site, The Diabetes Site, The Animal Rescue Site, The Literacy Site, and The Rainforest Site.
- National 4-H Council is the nation's largest youth development organization. More than 6 million 4-H youth in urban neighborhoods, suburban schoolyards and rural farming communities stand out among their peers: building revolutionary opportunities and implementing community-wide change at an early age. Mobilized on Moovweb's platform, 4-H Mall is the primary source for 4-H apparel, supplies, curriculum, printed resources, and other similar items bearing the 4-H name or emblem
- The Humane Society of the United States has fought for over 50 years to protect animals through advocacy, education, and hands-on programs. As the nation's largest animal protection organization it was really important for them to increase user engagement on mobile. Users can take strong action with ease, using refreshed donation forms and simultaneously be captivated by the rich video landing pages.
- The March of Dimes is one of the world's most recognized non-profit brands, dedicated to working together for stronger, healthier babies. The March for Babies mobile site uses the Moovweb platform to help supporters sign up for events, make donations, manage donation teams, and much more.
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society is the world's largest voluntary health agency dedicated to blood cancer. The LLS mission is to cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. LLS funds lifesaving blood cancer research around the world and provides free information and support services. Moovweb powers the Team in Training mobile site for The Society where people connect with their local chapter and craft a personalized training program from nationally recognized coaches.
To learn more about Moovweb, visit our site here: http://www.moovweb.com/platform/.
Moovweb is a next generation mobile platform for Responsive Delivery, transforming desktop sites in real time for phones, tablets, kiosks, and future endpoints. By leveraging existing web investments, Moovweb unifies web and mobile strategies, dramatically cutting cost and creating business agility. Enterprise developers, design agencies, and systems integrators can use Moovweb to deliver mobile sites and apps faster and improve their mobile experiences more quickly. The Moovweb platform is one of the world's busiest, with more than 15 billion mobile pages transformed this year alone for many of the world's largest mobile sites and apps, including Accenture, Cox Communications, Macy's, 1-800-FLOWERS.com, Sur la Table, Golfsmith, Vitacost, Kroger, Chico's, Sharpie and dozens of others. Moovweb is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in New York and London.
Moovweb® is a registered trademark of Moov Corporation. All other registered and unregistered trademarks in this document are the sole property of their respective owners.
While DevOps most critically and famously fosters collaboration, communication, and integration through cultural change, culture is more of an output than an input. In order to actively drive cultural evolution, organizations must make substantial organizational and process changes, and adopt new technologies, to encourage a DevOps culture. Moderated by Andi Mann, panelists discussed how to balance these three pillars of DevOps, where to focus attention (and resources), where organizations might...
Mar. 26, 2017 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 6,144
In their Live Hack” presentation at 17th Cloud Expo, Stephen Coty and Paul Fletcher, Chief Security Evangelists at Alert Logic, provided the audience with a chance to see a live demonstration of the common tools cyber attackers use to attack cloud and traditional IT systems. This “Live Hack” used open source attack tools that are free and available for download by anybody. Attendees learned where to find and how to operate these tools for the purpose of testing their own IT infrastructure. The...
Mar. 26, 2017 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 7,284
SYS-CON Events announced today that IoT Now has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6–8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. IoT Now explores the evolving opportunities and challenges facing CSPs, and it passes on some lessons learned from those who have taken the first steps in next-gen IoT services.
Mar. 26, 2017 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,848
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 add...
Mar. 26, 2017 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,042
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a client-oriented software development company, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software company that develops and delivers turn-key mobile apps, websites, web services, and complex softw...
Mar. 26, 2017 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,733
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm.
Mar. 26, 2017 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,904
Information technology (IT) advances are transforming the way we innovate in business, thereby disrupting the old guard and their predictable status-quo. It’s creating global market turbulence. Industries are converging, and new opportunities and threats are emerging, like never before. So, how are savvy chief information officers (CIOs) leading this transition? Back in 2015, the IBM Institute for Business Value conducted a market study that included the findings from over 1,800 CIO interviews ...
Mar. 26, 2017 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 5,175
Virtualization over the past years has become a key strategy for IT to acquire multi-tenancy, increase utilization, develop elasticity and improve security. And virtual machines (VMs) are quickly becoming a main vehicle for developing and deploying applications. The introduction of containers seems to be bringing another and perhaps overlapped solution for achieving the same above-mentioned benefits. Are a container and a virtual machine fundamentally the same or different? And how? Is one techn...
Mar. 26, 2017 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,911
What sort of WebRTC based applications can we expect to see over the next year and beyond? One way to predict development trends is to see what sorts of applications startups are building. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Arin Sime, founder of WebRTC.ventures, will discuss the current and likely future trends in WebRTC application development based on real requests for custom applications from real customers, as well as other public sources of information,
Mar. 26, 2017 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 764
As businesses adopt functionalities in cloud computing, it’s imperative that IT operations consistently ensure cloud systems work correctly – all of the time, and to their best capabilities. In his session at @BigDataExpo, Bernd Harzog, CEO and founder of OpsDataStore, will present an industry answer to the common question, “Are you running IT operations as efficiently and as cost effectively as you need to?” He will expound on the industry issues he frequently came up against as an analyst, and...
Mar. 26, 2017 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,145
Keeping pace with advancements in software delivery processes and tooling is taxing even for the most proficient organizations. Point tools, platforms, open source and the increasing adoption of private and public cloud services requires strong engineering rigor - all in the face of developer demands to use the tools of choice. As Agile has settled in as a mainstream practice, now DevOps has emerged as the next wave to improve software delivery speed and output. To make DevOps work, organization...
Mar. 26, 2017 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,747
ChatOps is an emerging topic that has led to the wide availability of integrations between group chat and various other tools/platforms. Currently, HipChat is an extremely powerful collaboration platform due to the various ChatOps integrations that are available. However, DevOps automation can involve orchestration and complex workflows. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Himanshu Chhetri, CTO at Addteq, will cover practical examples and use cases such as self-provisioning infra...
Mar. 25, 2017 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,954
The financial services market is one of the most data-driven industries in the world, yet it’s bogged down by legacy CPU technologies that simply can’t keep up with the task of querying and visualizing billions of records. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Jared Parker, Director of Financial Services at Kinetica, will discuss how the advent of advanced in-database analytics on the GPU makes it possible to run sophisticated data science workloads on the same database that is housing the rich inf...
Mar. 25, 2017 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,664
For organizations that have amassed large sums of software complexity, taking a microservices approach is the first step toward DevOps and continuous improvement / development. Integrating system-level analysis with microservices makes it easier to change and add functionality to applications at any time without the increase of risk. Before you start big transformation projects or a cloud migration, make sure these changes won’t take down your entire organization.
Mar. 25, 2017 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,579
Apache Hadoop is emerging as a distributed platform for handling large and fast incoming streams of data. Predictive maintenance, supply chain optimization, and Internet-of-Things analysis are examples where Hadoop provides the scalable storage, processing, and analytics platform to gain meaningful insights from granular data that is typically only valuable from a large-scale, aggregate view. One architecture useful for capturing and analyzing streaming data is the Lambda Architecture, represent...
Mar. 25, 2017 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 6,031