|By PR Newswire||
|January 23, 2014 02:41 PM EST||
DOMINICAN REPUBLIC, Jan. 23, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The ballots are in and Dominican Republic has once again ranked as one of the top vacation destinations in the Caribbean. Astute travelers and tourism professionals recognized the country not only for its diverse destinations and unique splendors, but also for its signature hospitality. It's easy to see how the majestic island nation is on track to achieve record tourism numbers once again as it offers a variety of exciting experiences for every type of traveler.
"We are honored to be recognized by well-respected industry experts and publications," said Magaly Toribio, Marketing Advisor for the Dominican Republic Ministry of Tourism. "Dominican Republic is one of the most historic and culturally rich destinations in the Caribbean and earning such accolades validates the effort of our tourism industry who invest in making the country an attractive vacation choice."
Some of Dominican Republic's top honors for 2013 included:
2013 Top Travel Destinations
- Lonely Planet named Dominican Republic as one of its "Top 10 Countries for 2013."
- The American Society of Travel Agents (ASTA) named Punta Cana an official summer hotspot in 2013, while GoGoBot included it as a destination ripe for rediscovery in 2013.
- Resonance Consultancy and the Luxury Institute in New York declared Dominican Republic as one of the "Top 10 Most Visited Island Destinations" for U.S. luxury travelers.
- The online home of Forbes Travel Guide, Startle, included Dominican Republic on its "25 Places to Visit in 2013."
- Fodor's Travel named the Samana Peninsula as a "Must-Visit Destination in 2013."
- Dominican Republic is one of the top ten destinations among Hispanic travelers in the U.S. according to research by Hotels.
- Fly featured Dominican Republic in "America's 20 Most Popular International Destinations for Summer Travel."
- Leading Hotels of the World (LHW) awarded Tortuga Bay at PUNTACANA Resort & Club with the Commitment to Quality Award, while U.S. News & World Resorts named it the Caribbean's No. 1 Hotel.
- Holiday Check featured Secrets Royal Beach Hotels, IBEROSTAR Dominicana and IBEROSTAR Bavaro in Punta Cana, and IBEROSTAR Hacienda Dominicus in La Romana as among the most popular hotels in its "99 Favorite Hotels in the World."
- In its 25th annual Reader's Choice Awards, Conde Nast Traveler's enthusiasts selected The Peninsula House in Samana as No. 7 among the "Top 100 Hotels in the World."
- Santo Domingo's Hostal Nicolas de Ovando was recognized as the "Best Hotel in Santo Domingo" by New World Report Magazine.
- Casa de Campo was awarded membership in Preferred Hotels and Resorts, a luxury hotel collection and brand of Preferred Hotel Group.
- The Bannister Hotel in Samana joined the privileged list of establishments registered in the 4 Diamond Category in American Automobile Association's (AAA) tourist guide.
- Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club (LHVC) in Puerto Plata and AM Resorts Unlimited Vacation Club in La Romana and Punta Cana received the RCI Gold Crown Award due to high-quality standards, excellent service and continued commitment to provide guests with memorable vacations.
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort in Punta Cana received the Check Safety First (CSF) Award for its operations' high quality standards.
- La Romana's Casa de Campo was chosen for the sixth consecutive year as "The Leading Golf Resort in the World" at the World Travel Awards. Additional honors included placement on LINKS' "Top 25 Golf Resorts of the World," Meetings & Conventions' 2013 Gold Tee Award, and inclusion on Caribbean Journal's "Top 10 Golf Resort."
- PUNTACANA Resort & Club and its two championship courses, the La Cana Golf Club and the Corales Golf Club, were featured on Celebrated Living Magazine's prestigious "Platinum List."
- Dominican Republic was named the "2013 Golf Destination of the Year in the Caribbean and Latin America" by the International Association of Golf Tour Operators (IAGTO) for a second time.
- Dominican Republic's six IBEROSTAR Hotels & Resorts received environmental certification from the Environmental Law Institute (ELI) for their ecologically responsible development.
- IBEROSTAR Hotels & Resorts also earned the Green Key Environmental Certification for its environmental and sustainable tourism efforts, granted by the Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE).
- PUNTACANA Resort & Club received the Leader in Sustainable Tourism Award at the Hospitality Sales & Marketing Association International's (HSMAI) Adrian Awards.
- Melia Hotels International (MHI) was awarded the EarthCheck Sustainable Tourism Certificate for Paradisus Palma Real, Paradisus Punta Cana and Melia Caribe Tropical.
About Dominican Republic
Dominican Republic's first tourist was Christopher Columbus in 1492. Rich in history, Dominican Republic has developed into a diverse destination offering both Dominican and European flavors to approximately five million global visitors in 2012. Named #1 Golf Destination in Caribbean & Latin America by the International Association of Golf Tour Operators, Dominican Republic boasts 28 designer golf courses, upscale resorts, pristine nature and sophisticated cities and quaint villages filled with warm Dominican people. Dominican Republic features the best beaches, fascinating history and culture, and is a chosen escape for celebrities, couples and families alike. Visit Dominican Republic Ministry of Tourism's official website at: www.GoDominicanRepublic.com.
Follow us on Twitter
Like us on Facebook
BVK Public Relations for DR Ministry of Tourism
Annie Holschuh: (414) 247-2140 / [email protected]
SOURCE Dominican Republic Ministry of Tourism
SYS-CON Events announced today that BMC Software has been named "Siver Sponsor" of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. BMC is a global leader in innovative software solutions that help businesses transform into digital enterprises for the ultimate competitive advantage. BMC Digital Enterprise Management is a set of innovative IT solutions designed to make digital business fast, seamless, and optimized from mainframe to mo...
May. 26, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,969
Join us at Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo 2016 – June 7-9 at the Javits Center in New York City and November 1-3 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – and deliver your unique message in a way that is striking and unforgettable by taking advantage of SYS-CON's unmatched high-impact, result-driven event / media packages.
May. 26, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,182
The cloud market growth today is largely in public clouds. While there is a lot of spend in IT departments in virtualization, these aren’t yet translating into a true “cloud” experience within the enterprise. What is stopping the growth of the “private cloud” market? In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Nara Rajagopalan, CEO of Accelerite, will explore the challenges in deploying, managing, and getting adoption for a private cloud within an enterprise. What are the key differences betwee...
May. 26, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,549
SYS-CON Events announced today that Isomorphic Software will exhibit at SYS-CON's [email protected] at Cloud Expo New York, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Isomorphic Software provides the SmartClient HTML5/AJAX platform, the most advanced technology for building rich, high-productivity enterprise web applications for any device. SmartClient couples the industry’s broadest, deepest UI component set with a java server framework to deliver an end-...
May. 26, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,977
18th Cloud Expo, taking place June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterprises are using some...
May. 26, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,988
SYS-CON Events announced today that Tintri Inc., a leading producer of VM-aware storage (VAS) for virtualization and cloud environments, will exhibit at the 18th International CloudExpo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
May. 26, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,170
SYS-CON Events announced today that ContentMX, the marketing technology and services company with a singular mission to increase engagement and drive more conversations for enterprise, channel and SMB technology marketers, has been named “Sponsor & Exhibitor Lounge Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York. “CloudExpo is a great opportunity to start a conversation with new prospects, but what happens after the...
May. 26, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 954
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, will provide an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life ...
May. 26, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,833
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York and Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty ...
May. 26, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,460
What a difference a year makes. Organizations aren’t just talking about IoT possibilities, it is now baked into their core business strategy. With IoT, billions of devices generating data from different companies on different networks around the globe need to interact. From efficiency to better customer insights to completely new business models, IoT will turn traditional business models upside down. In the new customer-centric age, the key to success is delivering critical services and apps wit...
May. 26, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,044
SYS-CON Events announced today the Docker Meets Kubernetes – Intro into the Kubernetes World, being held June 9, 2016, in conjunction with 18th Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Register for 'Docker Meets Kubernetes Workshop' Here! This workshop led by Sebastian Scheele, co-founder of Loodse, introduces participants to Kubernetes (container orchestration). Through a combination of instructor-led presentations, demonstrations, and hands-on labs, participants learn ...
May. 26, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,879
Designing IoT applications is complex, but deploying them in a scalable fashion is even more complex. A scalable, API first IaaS cloud is a good start, but in order to understand the various components specific to deploying IoT applications, one needs to understand the architecture of these applications and figure out how to scale these components independently. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Nara Rajagopalan is CEO of Accelerite, will discuss the fundamental architecture of IoT applications, ...
May. 26, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,061
The IoT is changing the way enterprises conduct business. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, discuss how businesses can gain an edge over competitors by empowering consumers to take control through IoT. We'll cite examples such as a Washington, D.C.-based sports club that leveraged IoT and the cloud to develop a comprehensive booking system. He'll also highlight how IoT can revitalize and restore outdated business models, making them profitable...
May. 26, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,674
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in Embedded and IoT solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology, is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and ...
May. 26, 2016 10:38 AM EDT Reads: 252
SoftLayer operates a global cloud infrastructure platform built for Internet scale. With a global footprint of data centers and network points of presence, SoftLayer provides infrastructure as a service to leading-edge customers ranging from Web startups to global enterprises. SoftLayer's modular architecture, full-featured API, and sophisticated automation provide unparalleled performance and control. Its flexible unified platform seamlessly spans physical and virtual devices linked via a world...
May. 26, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,942