|By PR Newswire||
|January 23, 2014 02:41 PM EST||
DOMINICAN REPUBLIC, Jan. 23, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The ballots are in and Dominican Republic has once again ranked as one of the top vacation destinations in the Caribbean. Astute travelers and tourism professionals recognized the country not only for its diverse destinations and unique splendors, but also for its signature hospitality. It's easy to see how the majestic island nation is on track to achieve record tourism numbers once again as it offers a variety of exciting experiences for every type of traveler.
"We are honored to be recognized by well-respected industry experts and publications," said Magaly Toribio, Marketing Advisor for the Dominican Republic Ministry of Tourism. "Dominican Republic is one of the most historic and culturally rich destinations in the Caribbean and earning such accolades validates the effort of our tourism industry who invest in making the country an attractive vacation choice."
Some of Dominican Republic's top honors for 2013 included:
2013 Top Travel Destinations
- Lonely Planet named Dominican Republic as one of its "Top 10 Countries for 2013."
- The American Society of Travel Agents (ASTA) named Punta Cana an official summer hotspot in 2013, while GoGoBot included it as a destination ripe for rediscovery in 2013.
- Resonance Consultancy and the Luxury Institute in New York declared Dominican Republic as one of the "Top 10 Most Visited Island Destinations" for U.S. luxury travelers.
- The online home of Forbes Travel Guide, Startle, included Dominican Republic on its "25 Places to Visit in 2013."
- Fodor's Travel named the Samana Peninsula as a "Must-Visit Destination in 2013."
- Dominican Republic is one of the top ten destinations among Hispanic travelers in the U.S. according to research by Hotels.
- Fly featured Dominican Republic in "America's 20 Most Popular International Destinations for Summer Travel."
- Leading Hotels of the World (LHW) awarded Tortuga Bay at PUNTACANA Resort & Club with the Commitment to Quality Award, while U.S. News & World Resorts named it the Caribbean's No. 1 Hotel.
- Holiday Check featured Secrets Royal Beach Hotels, IBEROSTAR Dominicana and IBEROSTAR Bavaro in Punta Cana, and IBEROSTAR Hacienda Dominicus in La Romana as among the most popular hotels in its "99 Favorite Hotels in the World."
- In its 25th annual Reader's Choice Awards, Conde Nast Traveler's enthusiasts selected The Peninsula House in Samana as No. 7 among the "Top 100 Hotels in the World."
- Santo Domingo's Hostal Nicolas de Ovando was recognized as the "Best Hotel in Santo Domingo" by New World Report Magazine.
- Casa de Campo was awarded membership in Preferred Hotels and Resorts, a luxury hotel collection and brand of Preferred Hotel Group.
- The Bannister Hotel in Samana joined the privileged list of establishments registered in the 4 Diamond Category in American Automobile Association's (AAA) tourist guide.
- Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club (LHVC) in Puerto Plata and AM Resorts Unlimited Vacation Club in La Romana and Punta Cana received the RCI Gold Crown Award due to high-quality standards, excellent service and continued commitment to provide guests with memorable vacations.
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort in Punta Cana received the Check Safety First (CSF) Award for its operations' high quality standards.
- La Romana's Casa de Campo was chosen for the sixth consecutive year as "The Leading Golf Resort in the World" at the World Travel Awards. Additional honors included placement on LINKS' "Top 25 Golf Resorts of the World," Meetings & Conventions' 2013 Gold Tee Award, and inclusion on Caribbean Journal's "Top 10 Golf Resort."
- PUNTACANA Resort & Club and its two championship courses, the La Cana Golf Club and the Corales Golf Club, were featured on Celebrated Living Magazine's prestigious "Platinum List."
- Dominican Republic was named the "2013 Golf Destination of the Year in the Caribbean and Latin America" by the International Association of Golf Tour Operators (IAGTO) for a second time.
- Dominican Republic's six IBEROSTAR Hotels & Resorts received environmental certification from the Environmental Law Institute (ELI) for their ecologically responsible development.
- IBEROSTAR Hotels & Resorts also earned the Green Key Environmental Certification for its environmental and sustainable tourism efforts, granted by the Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE).
- PUNTACANA Resort & Club received the Leader in Sustainable Tourism Award at the Hospitality Sales & Marketing Association International's (HSMAI) Adrian Awards.
- Melia Hotels International (MHI) was awarded the EarthCheck Sustainable Tourism Certificate for Paradisus Palma Real, Paradisus Punta Cana and Melia Caribe Tropical.
About Dominican Republic
Dominican Republic's first tourist was Christopher Columbus in 1492. Rich in history, Dominican Republic has developed into a diverse destination offering both Dominican and European flavors to approximately five million global visitors in 2012. Named #1 Golf Destination in Caribbean & Latin America by the International Association of Golf Tour Operators, Dominican Republic boasts 28 designer golf courses, upscale resorts, pristine nature and sophisticated cities and quaint villages filled with warm Dominican people. Dominican Republic features the best beaches, fascinating history and culture, and is a chosen escape for celebrities, couples and families alike. Visit Dominican Republic Ministry of Tourism's official website at: www.GoDominicanRepublic.com.
Follow us on Twitter
Like us on Facebook
BVK Public Relations for DR Ministry of Tourism
Annie Holschuh: (414) 247-2140 / [email protected]
SOURCE Dominican Republic Ministry of Tourism
DevOps is about increasing efficiency, but nothing is more inefficient than building the same application twice. However, this is a routine occurrence with enterprise applications that need both a rich desktop web interface and strong mobile support. With recent technological advances from Isomorphic Software and others, rich desktop and tuned mobile experiences can now be created with a single codebase – without compromising functionality, performance or usability. In his session at DevOps Su...
Nov. 30, 2015 01:45 PM EST Reads: 426
As organizations realize the scope of the Internet of Things, gaining key insights from Big Data, through the use of advanced analytics, becomes crucial. However, IoT also creates the need for petabyte scale storage of data from millions of devices. A new type of Storage is required which seamlessly integrates robust data analytics with massive scale. These storage systems will act as “smart systems” provide in-place analytics that speed discovery and enable businesses to quickly derive meaningf...
Nov. 30, 2015 01:45 PM EST Reads: 431
Most of the IoT Gateway scenarios involve collecting data from machines/processing and pushing data upstream to cloud for further analytics. The gateway hardware varies from Raspberry Pi to Industrial PCs. The document states the process of allowing deploying polyglot data pipelining software with the clear notion of supporting immutability. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Shashank Jain, a development architect for SAP Labs, discussed the objective, which is to automate the IoT deployment proces...
Nov. 30, 2015 01:12 PM EST
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Nov. 30, 2015 01:00 PM EST Reads: 536
In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bruce Swann, Senior Product Marketing Manager for Adobe Campaign, explored the key ingredients of cross-channel marketing in a digital world. Learn how the Adobe Marketing Cloud can help marketers embrace opportunities for personalized, relevant and real-time customer engagement across offline (direct mail, point of sale, call center) and digital (email, website, SMS, mobile apps, social networks, connected objects).
Nov. 30, 2015 12:45 PM EST Reads: 342
The buzz continues for cloud, data analytics and the Internet of Things (IoT) and their collective impact across all industries. But a new conversation is emerging - how do companies use industry disruption and technology enablers to lead in markets undergoing change, uncertainty and ambiguity? Organizations of all sizes need to evolve and transform, often under massive pressure, as industry lines blur and merge and traditional business models are assaulted and turned upside down. In this new da...
Nov. 30, 2015 12:45 PM EST Reads: 287
Countless business models have spawned from the IaaS industry – resell Web hosting, blogs, public cloud, and on and on. With the overwhelming amount of tools available to us, it's sometimes easy to overlook that many of them are just new skins of resources we've had for a long time. In his general session at 17th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Sr. Software Architect at SoftLayer, an IBM Company, broke down what we have to work with, discussed the benefits and pitfalls and how we can best use them ...
Nov. 30, 2015 11:45 AM EST
In recent years, at least 40% of companies using cloud applications have experienced data loss. One of the best prevention against cloud data loss is backing up your cloud data. In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Sam McIntyre, Partner Enablement Specialist at eFolder, presented how organizations can use eFolder Cloudfinder to automate backups of cloud application data. He also demonstrated how easy it is to search and restore cloud application data using Cloudfinder.
Nov. 30, 2015 11:00 AM EST Reads: 217
The Internet of Everything is re-shaping technology trends–moving away from “request/response” architecture to an “always-on” Streaming Web where data is in constant motion and secure, reliable communication is an absolute necessity. As more and more THINGS go online, the challenges that developers will need to address will only increase exponentially. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Todd Greene, Founder & CEO of PubNub, exploreed the current state of IoT connectivity and review key trends and t...
Nov. 30, 2015 10:45 AM EST Reads: 462
Two weeks ago (November 3-5), I attended the Cloud Expo Silicon Valley as a speaker, where I presented on the security and privacy due diligence requirements for cloud solutions. Cloud security is a topical issue for every CIO, CISO, and technology buyer. Decision-makers are always looking for insights on how to mitigate the security risks of implementing and using cloud solutions. Based on the presentation topics covered at the conference, as well as the general discussions heard between sessi...
Nov. 30, 2015 10:30 AM EST Reads: 353
With all the incredible momentum behind the Internet of Things (IoT) industry, it is easy to forget that not a single CEO wakes up and wonders if “my IoT is broken.” What they wonder is if they are making the right decisions to do all they can to increase revenue, decrease costs, and improve customer experience – effectively the same challenges they have always had in growing their business. The exciting thing about the IoT industry is now these decisions can be better, faster, and smarter. Now ...
Nov. 30, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 290
The cloud. Like a comic book superhero, there seems to be no problem it can’t fix or cost it can’t slash. Yet making the transition is not always easy and production environments are still largely on premise. Taking some practical and sensible steps to reduce risk can also help provide a basis for a successful cloud transition. A plethora of surveys from the likes of IDG and Gartner show that more than 70 percent of enterprises have deployed at least one or more cloud application or workload. Y...
Nov. 30, 2015 09:00 AM EST Reads: 506
Discussions of cloud computing have evolved in recent years from a focus on specific types of cloud, to a world of hybrid cloud, and to a world dominated by the APIs that make today's multi-cloud environments and hybrid clouds possible. In this Power Panel at 17th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed the importance of customers being able to use the specific technologies they need, through environments and ecosystems that expose their APIs to make true ...
Nov. 30, 2015 08:00 AM EST Reads: 565
Microservices are a very exciting architectural approach that many organizations are looking to as a way to accelerate innovation. Microservices promise to allow teams to move away from monolithic "ball of mud" systems, but the reality is that, in the vast majority of organizations, different projects and technologies will continue to be developed at different speeds. How to handle the dependencies between these disparate systems with different iteration cycles? Consider the "canoncial problem"...
Nov. 30, 2015 07:00 AM EST Reads: 468
Too often with compelling new technologies market participants become overly enamored with that attractiveness of the technology and neglect underlying business drivers. This tendency, what some call the “newest shiny object syndrome” is understandable given that virtually all of us are heavily engaged in technology. But it is also mistaken. Without concrete business cases driving its deployment, IoT, like many other technologies before it, will fade into obscurity.
Nov. 30, 2015 07:00 AM EST Reads: 382