|By PR Newswire||
|January 23, 2014 02:41 PM EST||
DOMINICAN REPUBLIC, Jan. 23, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The ballots are in and Dominican Republic has once again ranked as one of the top vacation destinations in the Caribbean. Astute travelers and tourism professionals recognized the country not only for its diverse destinations and unique splendors, but also for its signature hospitality. It's easy to see how the majestic island nation is on track to achieve record tourism numbers once again as it offers a variety of exciting experiences for every type of traveler.
"We are honored to be recognized by well-respected industry experts and publications," said Magaly Toribio, Marketing Advisor for the Dominican Republic Ministry of Tourism. "Dominican Republic is one of the most historic and culturally rich destinations in the Caribbean and earning such accolades validates the effort of our tourism industry who invest in making the country an attractive vacation choice."
Some of Dominican Republic's top honors for 2013 included:
2013 Top Travel Destinations
- Lonely Planet named Dominican Republic as one of its "Top 10 Countries for 2013."
- The American Society of Travel Agents (ASTA) named Punta Cana an official summer hotspot in 2013, while GoGoBot included it as a destination ripe for rediscovery in 2013.
- Resonance Consultancy and the Luxury Institute in New York declared Dominican Republic as one of the "Top 10 Most Visited Island Destinations" for U.S. luxury travelers.
- The online home of Forbes Travel Guide, Startle, included Dominican Republic on its "25 Places to Visit in 2013."
- Fodor's Travel named the Samana Peninsula as a "Must-Visit Destination in 2013."
- Dominican Republic is one of the top ten destinations among Hispanic travelers in the U.S. according to research by Hotels.
- Fly featured Dominican Republic in "America's 20 Most Popular International Destinations for Summer Travel."
- Leading Hotels of the World (LHW) awarded Tortuga Bay at PUNTACANA Resort & Club with the Commitment to Quality Award, while U.S. News & World Resorts named it the Caribbean's No. 1 Hotel.
- Holiday Check featured Secrets Royal Beach Hotels, IBEROSTAR Dominicana and IBEROSTAR Bavaro in Punta Cana, and IBEROSTAR Hacienda Dominicus in La Romana as among the most popular hotels in its "99 Favorite Hotels in the World."
- In its 25th annual Reader's Choice Awards, Conde Nast Traveler's enthusiasts selected The Peninsula House in Samana as No. 7 among the "Top 100 Hotels in the World."
- Santo Domingo's Hostal Nicolas de Ovando was recognized as the "Best Hotel in Santo Domingo" by New World Report Magazine.
- Casa de Campo was awarded membership in Preferred Hotels and Resorts, a luxury hotel collection and brand of Preferred Hotel Group.
- The Bannister Hotel in Samana joined the privileged list of establishments registered in the 4 Diamond Category in American Automobile Association's (AAA) tourist guide.
- Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club (LHVC) in Puerto Plata and AM Resorts Unlimited Vacation Club in La Romana and Punta Cana received the RCI Gold Crown Award due to high-quality standards, excellent service and continued commitment to provide guests with memorable vacations.
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort in Punta Cana received the Check Safety First (CSF) Award for its operations' high quality standards.
- La Romana's Casa de Campo was chosen for the sixth consecutive year as "The Leading Golf Resort in the World" at the World Travel Awards. Additional honors included placement on LINKS' "Top 25 Golf Resorts of the World," Meetings & Conventions' 2013 Gold Tee Award, and inclusion on Caribbean Journal's "Top 10 Golf Resort."
- PUNTACANA Resort & Club and its two championship courses, the La Cana Golf Club and the Corales Golf Club, were featured on Celebrated Living Magazine's prestigious "Platinum List."
- Dominican Republic was named the "2013 Golf Destination of the Year in the Caribbean and Latin America" by the International Association of Golf Tour Operators (IAGTO) for a second time.
- Dominican Republic's six IBEROSTAR Hotels & Resorts received environmental certification from the Environmental Law Institute (ELI) for their ecologically responsible development.
- IBEROSTAR Hotels & Resorts also earned the Green Key Environmental Certification for its environmental and sustainable tourism efforts, granted by the Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE).
- PUNTACANA Resort & Club received the Leader in Sustainable Tourism Award at the Hospitality Sales & Marketing Association International's (HSMAI) Adrian Awards.
- Melia Hotels International (MHI) was awarded the EarthCheck Sustainable Tourism Certificate for Paradisus Palma Real, Paradisus Punta Cana and Melia Caribe Tropical.
About Dominican Republic
Dominican Republic's first tourist was Christopher Columbus in 1492. Rich in history, Dominican Republic has developed into a diverse destination offering both Dominican and European flavors to approximately five million global visitors in 2012. Named #1 Golf Destination in Caribbean & Latin America by the International Association of Golf Tour Operators, Dominican Republic boasts 28 designer golf courses, upscale resorts, pristine nature and sophisticated cities and quaint villages filled with warm Dominican people. Dominican Republic features the best beaches, fascinating history and culture, and is a chosen escape for celebrities, couples and families alike. Visit Dominican Republic Ministry of Tourism's official website at: www.GoDominicanRepublic.com.
Follow us on Twitter
Like us on Facebook
BVK Public Relations for DR Ministry of Tourism
Annie Holschuh: (414) 247-2140 / [email protected]
SOURCE Dominican Republic Ministry of Tourism
Mobile, social, Big Data, and cloud have fundamentally changed the way we live. “Anytime, anywhere” access to data and information is no longer a luxury; it’s a requirement, in both our personal and professional lives. For IT organizations, this means pressure has never been greater to deliver meaningful services to the business and customers.
Aug. 2, 2015 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 202
Digital Transformation is the ultimate goal of cloud computing and related initiatives. The phrase is certainly not a precise one, and as subject to hand-waving and distortion as any high-falutin' terminology in the world of information technology. Yet it is an excellent choice of words to describe what enterprise IT—and by extension, organizations in general—should be working to achieve. Digital Transformation means: handling all the data types being found and created in the organizat...
Aug. 2, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,118
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Aug. 2, 2015 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 503
Chuck Piluso presented a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. Prior to Secure Infrastructure and Services, Mr. Piluso founded North American Telecommunication Corporation, a facilities-based Competitive Local Exchange Carrier licensed by the Public Service Commission in 10 states, serving as the company's chairman and president from 1997 to 2000. Between 1990 and 1997, Mr. Piluso served as chairman & founder of International Te...
Aug. 2, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 412
The Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), which enables organizations to seamlessly run in a hybrid cloud model (public + private cloud), is here to stay. IDC estimates that the software-defined networking market will be valued at $3.7 billion by 2016. Security is a key component and benefit of the SDDC, and offers an opportunity to build security 'from the ground up' and weave it into the environment from day one. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Reuven Harrison, CTO and Co-Founder of Tufin,...
Aug. 2, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 539
Container technology is sending shock waves through the world of cloud computing. Heralded as the 'next big thing,' containers provide software owners a consistent way to package their software and dependencies while infrastructure operators benefit from a standard way to deploy and run them. Containers present new challenges for tracking usage due to their dynamic nature. They can also be deployed to bare metal, virtual machines and various cloud platforms. How do software owners track the usag...
Aug. 2, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 237
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a software development company, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software development company with representative offices in Atlanta (US), Sheffield (UK) and Würzburg (Germany); and development centers in Ukraine. Since 2009 it has grown from a small group of passionate engineers and business managers to a full-scale mobi...
Aug. 2, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 341
With SaaS use rampant across organizations, how can IT departments track company data and maintain security? More and more departments are commissioning their own solutions and bypassing IT. A cloud environment is amorphous and powerful, allowing you to set up solutions for all of your user needs: document sharing and collaboration, mobile access, e-mail, even industry-specific applications. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Shawn Mills, President and a founder of Green House Data, discussed h...
Aug. 2, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 478
For IoT to grow as quickly as analyst firms’ project, a lot is going to fall on developers to quickly bring applications to market. But the lack of a standard development platform threatens to slow growth and make application development more time consuming and costly, much like we’ve seen in the mobile space. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Weiner, Product Manager of the Omega DevCloud with KORE Telematics Inc., discussed the evolving requirements for developers as IoT matures and conducte...
Aug. 2, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 349
There are many considerations when moving applications from on-premise to cloud. It is critical to understand the benefits and also challenges of this migration. A successful migration will result in lower Total Cost of Ownership, yet offer the same or higher level of robustness. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Michael Meiner, an Engineering Director at Oracle, Corporation, analyzed a range of cloud offerings (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and discussed the benefits/challenges of migrating to each offe...
Aug. 2, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 168
One of the hottest areas in cloud right now is DRaaS and related offerings. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Dale Levesque, Disaster Recovery Product Manager with Windstream's Cloud and Data Center Marketing team, will discuss the benefits of the cloud model, which far outweigh the traditional approach, and how enterprises need to ensure that their needs are properly being met.
Aug. 2, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,698
In their session at 17th Cloud Expo, Hal Schwartz, CEO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), and Chuck Paolillo, CTO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), provide a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. In his role as CEO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), Hal Schwartz provides leadership and direction for the company.
Aug. 2, 2015 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 179
In a recent research, analyst firm IDC found that the average cost of a critical application failure is $500,000 to $1 million per hour and the average total cost of unplanned application downtime is $1.25 billion to $2.5 billion per year for Fortune 1000 companies. In addition to the findings on the cost of the downtime, the research also highlighted best practices for development, testing, application support, infrastructure, and operations teams.
Aug. 2, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 179
"We've just seen a huge influx of new partners coming into our ecosystem, and partners building unique offerings on top of our API set," explained Seth Bostock, Chief Executive Officer at IndependenceIT, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Aug. 1, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 671
The Internet of Everything (IoE) brings together people, process, data and things to make networked connections more relevant and valuable than ever before – transforming information into knowledge and knowledge into wisdom. IoE creates new capabilities, richer experiences, and unprecedented opportunities to improve business and government operations, decision making and mission support capabilities.
Aug. 1, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 334