|By PR Newswire||
|January 23, 2014 02:41 PM EST||
DOMINICAN REPUBLIC, Jan. 23, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The ballots are in and Dominican Republic has once again ranked as one of the top vacation destinations in the Caribbean. Astute travelers and tourism professionals recognized the country not only for its diverse destinations and unique splendors, but also for its signature hospitality. It's easy to see how the majestic island nation is on track to achieve record tourism numbers once again as it offers a variety of exciting experiences for every type of traveler.
"We are honored to be recognized by well-respected industry experts and publications," said Magaly Toribio, Marketing Advisor for the Dominican Republic Ministry of Tourism. "Dominican Republic is one of the most historic and culturally rich destinations in the Caribbean and earning such accolades validates the effort of our tourism industry who invest in making the country an attractive vacation choice."
Some of Dominican Republic's top honors for 2013 included:
2013 Top Travel Destinations
- Lonely Planet named Dominican Republic as one of its "Top 10 Countries for 2013."
- The American Society of Travel Agents (ASTA) named Punta Cana an official summer hotspot in 2013, while GoGoBot included it as a destination ripe for rediscovery in 2013.
- Resonance Consultancy and the Luxury Institute in New York declared Dominican Republic as one of the "Top 10 Most Visited Island Destinations" for U.S. luxury travelers.
- The online home of Forbes Travel Guide, Startle, included Dominican Republic on its "25 Places to Visit in 2013."
- Fodor's Travel named the Samana Peninsula as a "Must-Visit Destination in 2013."
- Dominican Republic is one of the top ten destinations among Hispanic travelers in the U.S. according to research by Hotels.
- Fly featured Dominican Republic in "America's 20 Most Popular International Destinations for Summer Travel."
- Leading Hotels of the World (LHW) awarded Tortuga Bay at PUNTACANA Resort & Club with the Commitment to Quality Award, while U.S. News & World Resorts named it the Caribbean's No. 1 Hotel.
- Holiday Check featured Secrets Royal Beach Hotels, IBEROSTAR Dominicana and IBEROSTAR Bavaro in Punta Cana, and IBEROSTAR Hacienda Dominicus in La Romana as among the most popular hotels in its "99 Favorite Hotels in the World."
- In its 25th annual Reader's Choice Awards, Conde Nast Traveler's enthusiasts selected The Peninsula House in Samana as No. 7 among the "Top 100 Hotels in the World."
- Santo Domingo's Hostal Nicolas de Ovando was recognized as the "Best Hotel in Santo Domingo" by New World Report Magazine.
- Casa de Campo was awarded membership in Preferred Hotels and Resorts, a luxury hotel collection and brand of Preferred Hotel Group.
- The Bannister Hotel in Samana joined the privileged list of establishments registered in the 4 Diamond Category in American Automobile Association's (AAA) tourist guide.
- Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club (LHVC) in Puerto Plata and AM Resorts Unlimited Vacation Club in La Romana and Punta Cana received the RCI Gold Crown Award due to high-quality standards, excellent service and continued commitment to provide guests with memorable vacations.
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort in Punta Cana received the Check Safety First (CSF) Award for its operations' high quality standards.
- La Romana's Casa de Campo was chosen for the sixth consecutive year as "The Leading Golf Resort in the World" at the World Travel Awards. Additional honors included placement on LINKS' "Top 25 Golf Resorts of the World," Meetings & Conventions' 2013 Gold Tee Award, and inclusion on Caribbean Journal's "Top 10 Golf Resort."
- PUNTACANA Resort & Club and its two championship courses, the La Cana Golf Club and the Corales Golf Club, were featured on Celebrated Living Magazine's prestigious "Platinum List."
- Dominican Republic was named the "2013 Golf Destination of the Year in the Caribbean and Latin America" by the International Association of Golf Tour Operators (IAGTO) for a second time.
- Dominican Republic's six IBEROSTAR Hotels & Resorts received environmental certification from the Environmental Law Institute (ELI) for their ecologically responsible development.
- IBEROSTAR Hotels & Resorts also earned the Green Key Environmental Certification for its environmental and sustainable tourism efforts, granted by the Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE).
- PUNTACANA Resort & Club received the Leader in Sustainable Tourism Award at the Hospitality Sales & Marketing Association International's (HSMAI) Adrian Awards.
- Melia Hotels International (MHI) was awarded the EarthCheck Sustainable Tourism Certificate for Paradisus Palma Real, Paradisus Punta Cana and Melia Caribe Tropical.
About Dominican Republic
Dominican Republic's first tourist was Christopher Columbus in 1492. Rich in history, Dominican Republic has developed into a diverse destination offering both Dominican and European flavors to approximately five million global visitors in 2012. Named #1 Golf Destination in Caribbean & Latin America by the International Association of Golf Tour Operators, Dominican Republic boasts 28 designer golf courses, upscale resorts, pristine nature and sophisticated cities and quaint villages filled with warm Dominican people. Dominican Republic features the best beaches, fascinating history and culture, and is a chosen escape for celebrities, couples and families alike. Visit Dominican Republic Ministry of Tourism's official website at: www.GoDominicanRepublic.com.
Follow us on Twitter
Like us on Facebook
BVK Public Relations for DR Ministry of Tourism
Annie Holschuh: (414) 247-2140 / [email protected]
SOURCE Dominican Republic Ministry of Tourism
In 2014, Amazon announced a new form of compute called Lambda. We didn't know it at the time, but this represented a fundamental shift in what we expect from cloud computing. Now, all of the major cloud computing vendors want to take part in this disruptive technology. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, John Jelinek IV, a web developer at Linux Academy, will discuss why major players like AWS, Microsoft Azure, IBM Bluemix, and Google Cloud Platform are all trying to sidestep VMs and containers...
Jan. 17, 2017 11:00 PM EST Reads: 462
The many IoT deployments around the world are busy integrating smart devices and sensors into their enterprise IT infrastructures. Yet all of this technology – and there are an amazing number of choices – is of no use without the software to gather, communicate, and analyze the new data flows. Without software, there is no IT. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation; Alan Williamson, Principal ...
Jan. 17, 2017 10:30 PM EST Reads: 2,312
IoT is at the core or many Digital Transformation initiatives with the goal of re-inventing a company's business model. We all agree that collecting relevant IoT data will result in massive amounts of data needing to be stored. However, with the rapid development of IoT devices and ongoing business model transformation, we are not able to predict the volume and growth of IoT data. And with the lack of IoT history, traditional methods of IT and infrastructure planning based on the past do not app...
Jan. 17, 2017 10:30 PM EST Reads: 626
DevOps and microservices are permeating software engineering teams broadly, whether these teams are in pure software shops but happen to run a business, such Uber and Airbnb, or in companies that rely heavily on software to run more traditional business, such as financial firms or high-end manufacturers. Microservices and DevOps have created software development and therefore business speed and agility benefits, but they have also created problems; specifically, they have created software securi...
Jan. 17, 2017 09:30 PM EST Reads: 1,730
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Jan. 17, 2017 09:15 PM EST Reads: 7,504
"There is a huge interest in Kubernetes. People are now starting to use Kubernetes and implement it," stated Sebastian Scheele, co-founder of Loodse, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 17, 2017 08:45 PM EST Reads: 1,912
SYS-CON Media announced today that @WebRTCSummit Blog, the largest WebRTC resource in the world, has been launched. @WebRTCSummit Blog offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. @WebRTCSummit Blog can be bookmarked ▸ Here @WebRTCSummit conference site can be bookmarked ▸ Here
Jan. 17, 2017 08:00 PM EST Reads: 11,587
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Jan. 17, 2017 06:45 PM EST Reads: 6,209
Providing secure, mobile access to sensitive data sets is a critical element in realizing the full potential of cloud computing. However, large data caches remain inaccessible to edge devices for reasons of security, size, format or limited viewing capabilities. Medical imaging, computer aided design and seismic interpretation are just a few examples of industries facing this challenge. Rather than fighting for incremental gains by pulling these datasets to edge devices, we need to embrace the i...
Jan. 17, 2017 05:15 PM EST Reads: 3,561
All organizations that did not originate this moment have a pre-existing culture as well as legacy technology and processes that can be more or less amenable to DevOps implementation. That organizational culture is influenced by the personalities and management styles of Executive Management, the wider culture in which the organization is situated, and the personalities of key team members at all levels of the organization. This culture and entrenched interests usually throw a wrench in the work...
Jan. 17, 2017 04:45 PM EST Reads: 867
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Jan. 17, 2017 04:45 PM EST Reads: 3,049
In his session at DevOps Summit, Tapabrata Pal, Director of Enterprise Architecture at Capital One, will tell a story about how Capital One has embraced Agile and DevOps Security practices across the Enterprise – driven by Enterprise Architecture; bringing in Development, Operations and Information Security organizations together. Capital Ones DevOpsSec practice is based upon three "pillars" – Shift-Left, Automate Everything, Dashboard Everything. Within about three years, from 100% waterfall, C...
Jan. 17, 2017 04:30 PM EST Reads: 9,616
Fifty billion connected devices and still no winning protocols standards. HTTP, WebSockets, MQTT, and CoAP seem to be leading in the IoT protocol race at the moment but many more protocols are getting introduced on a regular basis. Each protocol has its pros and cons depending on the nature of the communications. Does there really need to be only one protocol to rule them all? Of course not. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, walked through how Octob...
Jan. 17, 2017 04:30 PM EST Reads: 2,905
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, discussed the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports.
Jan. 17, 2017 04:15 PM EST Reads: 1,978
"We're bringing out a new application monitoring system to the DevOps space. It manages large enterprise applications that are distributed throughout a node in many enterprises and we manage them as one collective," explained Kevin Barnes, President of eCube Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 17, 2017 03:30 PM EST Reads: 5,326