|By PR Newswire||
|January 23, 2014 06:01 PM EST||
DUBLIN, January 23, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/3rqh3b/strategic) has announced the addition of the "Strategic Analysis of US Infusion Pumps Market 2013: Interoperable Smart Pumps to Assure the Growth of Original Equipment Manufacturers" report to their offering.
This research service considers various infusion pump technology and companies in the US infusion pumps market. The market will be impacted by legislation and initiatives that are being implemented by the government to improve overall healthcare. A thorough analysis of revenue forecasts, unit forecasts, technological advances, and pricing are provided for the following segments: volumetric pumps, syringe pumps, ambulatory pumps, enteral pumps, and insulin pumps. Market engineering measurements, drivers, and restraints are covered along with an analysis of the market's competitive landscape. The base year is 2012, and the forecast period is 2013-2019.
- The market is forecasted to grow due to an increase in technology innovations, a high prevalence of chronic diseases, increased focus on patient safety, and favourable reimbursements in the US market.
- In 2012, more than vendors were actively offering infusion pumps in the United States. The US infusion pumps market is mature, and no new products in the pipeline will likely reach the market within the next to years.
- Insulin pumps and disposable ambulatory pumps are the fastest growing segments, and growth in unit shipments in these segments is expected from new pumps.
- Growth from other segments, including volumetric pumps, syringe pumps, and enteral pumps, will be modest because of the replacement of a large, existing installed base of Infusion pumps that is mainly driven by an aging population.
- Competitors that contributed the highest proportions of revenue in the US infusion pumps market were Carefusion Corporation; Hospira, Inc.; B. Braun Medical Inc.; Baxter; and Fresenius Kabi AG. Together, these 5 competitors generated 76% of total market revenue.
- Because of the alarming increase of infusion errors, the US government has imposed reimbursement restrictions on infusion pumps, and this market will be strongly impacted by initiatives executed by the US government to improve the overall healthcare costs.
- Technology innovation and product differentiation will likely play a major role for industry participants when competing for market shares.
- Pain management pumps such as electronic ambulatory pumps and high-end syringe pumps will likely experience high growth during the forecast period because of incentives and penalties imposed by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) on several hospitals across the United States.
- Effective pain management therapies reduce hospital stays and their associated costs as well as improves overall patient outcomes and patient satisfaction scores/ Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) scores.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Product Profiling of Major Vendors
3. End-user Analysis and Strategic Response of Vendors
4. Segment Analysis
5. General Infusion Pumps Segment
6. Specialty Infusion Pumps Segment
7. The Last Word
Decision Support Database
- B. Braun Medical Inc.
- Carefusion Corporation
- Fresenius Kabi AG
- Hospira, Inc.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/3rqh3b/strategic
Media Contact: Laura Wood, +353-1-481-1716, [email protected]
Peak 10, Inc., has announced the implementation of IT service management, a business process alignment initiative based on the widely adopted Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework. The implementation of IT service management enhances Peak 10’s current service-minded approach to IT delivery by propelling the company to deliver higher levels of personalized and prompt service. The majority of Peak 10’s operations employees have been trained and certified in the ITIL frame...
Apr. 29, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 797
As the rapid adoption of containers continues, companies are finding that they lack the operational tools to understand the behavior of applications deployed in these containers, and how to identify issues in their application infrastructure. For example, how are multiple containers within an application impacting each other’s performance? If an application’s service is degraded, which container is to blame? In the case of an application outage, what was the root cause of the outage?
Apr. 29, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 767
SYS-CON Events announced today that DatacenterDynamics has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. DatacenterDynamics is a brand of DCD Group, a global B2B media and publishing company that develops products to help senior professionals in the world's most ICT dependent organizations make risk-based infrastructure and capacity decisions.
Apr. 29, 2016 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,394
SYS-CON Events announced today TMCnet has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Technology Marketing Corporation (TMC) is the world's leading business-to-business and integrated marketing media company, servicing niche markets within the com...
Apr. 29, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,342
Between the mockups and specs produced by analysts, and resulting applications built by developers, there exists a gulf where projects fail, costs spiral, and applications disappoint. Methodologies like Agile attempt to address this with intensified communication, with partial success but many limitations. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Charles Kendrick, CTO & Chief Architect at Isomorphic Software, will present a revolutionary model enabled by new technologies. Learn how business and devel...
Apr. 29, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,641
Unless you don’t use the internet, don’t live in California, or haven’t been paying attention to the recent news… you should be aware that self-driving cars are on their way to becoming a reality. I have seen them – they are real. If you believe in the future reality of self-driving cars, then continue reading on. If you don’t believe in the future possibilities, then I am not sure what to do to convince you other than discuss the very real changes that will roll out with the consumer producti...
Apr. 28, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 368
If there is anything we have learned by now, is that every business paves their own unique path for releasing software- every pipeline, implementation and practices are a bit different, and DevOps comes in all shapes and sizes. Software delivery practices are often comprised of set of several complementing (or even competing) methodologies – such as leveraging Agile, DevOps and even a mix of ITIL, to create the combination that’s most suitable for your organization and that maximize your busines...
Apr. 28, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,724
In the rush to compete in the digital age, a successful digital transformation is essential, but many organizations are setting themselves up for failure. There’s a common misconception that the process is just about technology, but it’s not. It’s about your business. It shouldn’t be treated as an isolated IT project; it should be driven by business needs with the committed involvement of a range of stakeholders.
Apr. 28, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,767
New Relic, Inc. has announced a set of new features across the New Relic Software Analytics Cloud that offer IT operations teams increased visibility, and the ability to diagnose and resolve performance problems quickly. The new features further IT operations teams’ ability to leverage data and analytics, as well as drive collaboration and a common, shared understanding between teams. Software teams are under pressure to resolve performance issues quickly and improve availability, as the comple...
Apr. 28, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,371
The IoT has the potential to create a renaissance of manufacturing in the US and elsewhere. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Florent Solt, CTO and chief architect of Netvibes, will discuss how the expected exponential increase in the amount of data that will be processed, transported, stored, and accessed means there will be a huge demand for smart technologies to deliver it. Florent Solt is the CTO and chief architect of Netvibes. Prior to joining Netvibes in 2007, he co-founded Rift Technol...
Apr. 28, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,468
SYS-CON Events announced today that Enzu, a leading provider of cloud hosting solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Enzu’s mission is to be the leading provider of enterprise cloud solutions worldwide. Enzu enables online businesses to use its IT infrastructure to their competitive advantage. By offering a suite of proven hosting and management services, Enzu wants companies to foc...
Apr. 28, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 826
Many private cloud projects were built to deliver self-service access to development and test resources. While those clouds delivered faster access to resources, they lacked visibility, control and security needed for production deployments. In their session at 18th Cloud Expo, Steve Anderson, Product Manager at BMC Software, and Rick Lefort, Principal Technical Marketing Consultant at BMC Software, will discuss how a cloud designed for production operations not only helps accelerate developer...
Apr. 28, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 992
Join IBM June 8 at 18th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and learn how to innovate like a startup and scale for the enterprise. You need to deliver quality applications faster and cheaper, attract and retain customers with an engaging experience across devices, and seamlessly integrate your enterprise systems. And you can't take 12 months to do it.
Apr. 28, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,733
This is not a small hotel event. It is also not a big vendor party where politicians and entertainers are more important than real content. This is Cloud Expo, the world's longest-running conference and exhibition focused on Cloud Computing and all that it entails. If you want serious presentations and valuable insight about Cloud Computing for three straight days, then register now for Cloud Expo.
Apr. 28, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,621