|By Marketwired .||
|January 27, 2014 01:00 PM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 01/27/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
To help differentiate itself as a new financial services institution in Oman, alizz islamic bank implemented Oracle FLEXCUBE for its core banking platform. The dynamic solution will enable the company to provide innovative corporate and retail banking services and products that support Shari'a Compliance, as well as highly personalized customer service.
- alizz islamic bank, one of the first dedicated Islamic banks in Oman focused on offering Shari'a-compliant personal and business banking solutions, built its core banking infrastructure on Oracle FLEXCUBE solutions to deliver highly differentiated service and support compliance with Shari'a law.
- The new bank succesfully implemented Oracle FLEXCUBE Mobile Banking, Oracle FLEXCUBE Direct Banking and Oracle FLEXCUBE Universal Banking to provide its customers with innovative financial solutions and exceptional, responsive customer service via the corporate website, online banking, mobile banking app, short message service and ATM & branch banking.
- alizz islamic bank selected Oracle FLEXCUBE due to its rich functionality, including its ability to support Islamic banking. Further, the solution could be implemented within the bank's short timeframe, with the full core and internet banking solution going live in just five months.
- Oracle's best-of-breed technology enabled the bank to launch a full range of personal and business banking solutions to support dynamic customer financial objectives. The solution:
- Enables rapid launch of a wide range of personal and business banking products -- including deposit products, asset products, corporate banking and treasury services -- to meet varied customer needs.
- Provides the flexibility to respond to a changing and dynamic market with industry best-practice business processes.
- Increases operational efficiency and delivers a differentiated experience to customers in person, via the web and from mobile devices.
- "As Oman's 'Most Innovative Islamic Bank 2013' by Global Banking and Financial Review, we want to provide an enriching memorable experience to our customers with innovative products and services that are both compatible and up to date with the digital world and support compliance with Shari'a law," said Jamal Darwiche, acting chief executive officer, alizz islamic bank. "Oracle FLEXCUBE helped to enable us to immediately achieve the results we desired, while also providing us with a modern, integrated banking platform that will support future growth. A project of such complexity was executed in a record breaking timeframe of under five months by the joint team. We are proud of what we have achieved."
- "FLEXCUBE offers versatile business functionality for banks," said Chet Kamat, CEO and Managing Director, Oracle Financial Services Software. "Our pre-configured Islamic banking capability combined with a proven implementation track record enables our customers to achieve their business outcomes while effectively managing risk. We are proud to have been a partner of alizz islamic bank in their strategic initiative."
About alizz islamic bank SAOG
alizz islamic bank is one of the first dedicated Islamic banks in Oman. With an aim to offer customers an enriching banking experience designed for today's modern world, the Bank has focused its investments on human capital and best of breed of technology to enable the delivery of exceptional, responsive customer service. Transparent processes and innovative products and solutions that are inspired by Islamic Shari'a cater to the diverse needs of both personal and business customers.
Founded in 2012 in accordance to Royal Decree No. 69/2012, the Bank's total paid up capital is 100 million Omani Rials of which 40% was raised by public investors during the Initial Public Offering (IPO) in September 2012. alizz islamic bank is promoted by Huriah Company LLC, aabar Investments PJS, First Energy Oman and Tasameem Real Estate Company LLC.
- Oracle Financial Services
- Oracle FLEXCUBE
- Oracle FLEXCUBE Direct Banking
- Oracle FLEXCUBE Mobile Banking
- Oracle FLEXCUBE Universal Banking
- Oracle FLEXCUBE Islamic Banking
- Follow Oracle Financial Services on Twitter
- Join the Oracle Financial Services Community on Facebook
- Follow the Oracle Financial Services Blog
- Subscribe to the Oracle Financial Services YouTube channel
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to financial services, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
About Oracle Industry Connect
Oracle Industry Connect brings industry leaders together to share deep domain expertise, insights and industry-specific best practices. This leadership event features customer-led content including visionary keynotes, executive-level networking and in-depth case studies designed to help organizations meet industry-specific challenges.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ocean9will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Ocean9 provides cloud services for Backup, Disaster Recovery (DRaaS) and instant Innovation, and redefines enterprise infrastructure with its cloud native subscription offerings for mission critical SAP workloads.
Mar. 29, 2017 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,427
MongoDB Atlas leverages VPC peering for AWS, a service that allows multiple VPC networks to interact. This includes VPCs that belong to other AWS account holders. By performing cross account VPC peering, users ensure networks that host and communicate their data are secure. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Jay Gordon, a Developer Advocate at MongoDB, will explain how to properly architect your VPC using existing AWS tools and then peer with your MongoDB Atlas cluster. He'll discuss the secur...
Mar. 29, 2017 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 854
Things are changing so quickly in IoT that it would take a wizard to predict which ecosystem will gain the most traction. In order for IoT to reach its potential, smart devices must be able to work together. Today, there are a slew of interoperability standards being promoted by big names to make this happen: HomeKit, Brillo and Alljoyn. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Adam Justice, vice president and general manager of Grid Connect, will review what happens when smart devices don’t work togethe...
Mar. 29, 2017 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,736
Building a cross-cloud operational model can be a daunting task. Per-cloud silos are not the answer, but neither is a fully generic abstraction plane that strips out capabilities unique to a particular provider. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Wolf, VP & Chief Technology Officer, Global Field & Industry at VMware, will discuss how successful organizations approach cloud operations and management, with insights into where operations should be centralized and when it’s best to decentraliz...
Mar. 29, 2017 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,795
SYS-CON Events announced today that Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), an industry leader in automated, scalable and secure networks, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Juniper Networks challenges the status quo with products, solutions and services that transform the economics of networking. The company co-innovates with customers and partners to deliver automated, scalable and secure network...
Mar. 29, 2017 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,677
Deep learning has been very successful in social sciences and specially areas where there is a lot of data. Trading is another field that can be viewed as social science with a lot of data. With the advent of Deep Learning and Big Data technologies for efficient computation, we are finally able to use the same methods in investment management as we would in face recognition or in making chat-bots. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Gaurav Chakravorty, co-founder and Head of Strategy Development ...
Mar. 29, 2017 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,883
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm. In his Day 3 Keynote at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Brown, a Solutions Marketing Manager at Nutanix, will explore t...
Mar. 29, 2017 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,215
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Mar. 29, 2017 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,251
Imagine having the ability to leverage all of your current technology and to be able to compose it into one resource pool. Now imagine, as your business grows, not having to deploy a complete new appliance to scale your infrastructure. Also imagine a true multi-cloud capability that allows live migration without any modification between cloud environments regardless of whether that cloud is your private cloud or your public AWS, Azure or Google instance. Now think of a world that is not locked i...
Mar. 29, 2017 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 780
Technology innovation is the driving force behind modern business and enterprises must respond by increasing the speed and efficiency of software delivery. The challenge is that existing enterprise applications are expensive to develop and difficult to modernize. This often results in what Gartner calls "Bimodal IT," where business struggle to apply modern tools and practices to traditional monolithic applications. But these existing assets can be modernized and made more efficient without havin...
Mar. 29, 2017 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,653
Most companies are adopting or evaluating container technology - Docker in particular - to speed up application deployment, drive down cost, ease management and make application delivery more flexible overall. As with most new architectures, this dream takes a lot of work to become a reality. Even when you do get your application componentized enough and packaged properly, there are still challenges for DevOps teams to making the shift to continuous delivery and achieving that reduction in cost...
Mar. 29, 2017 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 342
SYS-CON Events announced today that CA Technologies has been named “Platinum Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CA Technologies helps customers succeed in a future where every business – from apparel to energy – is being rewritten by software. From ...
Mar. 29, 2017 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,311
SYS-CON Events announced today that Auditwerx will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Auditwerx specializes in SOC 1, SOC 2, and SOC 3 attestation services throughout the U.S. and Canada. As a division of Carr, Riggs & Ingram (CRI), one of the top 20 largest CPA firms nationally, you can expect the resources, skills, and experience of a much larger firm combined with the accessibility and attent...
Mar. 29, 2017 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 759
SYS-CON Events announced today that Technologic Systems Inc., an embedded systems solutions company, will exhibit at SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Technologic Systems is an embedded systems company with headquarters in Fountain Hills, Arizona. They have been in business for 32 years, helping more than 8,000 OEM customers and building over a hundred COTS products that have never been discontinued. Technologic Systems’ pr...
Mar. 29, 2017 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,858
SYS-CON Events announced today that HTBase will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. HTBase (Gartner 2016 Cool Vendor) delivers a Composable IT infrastructure solution architected for agility and increased efficiency. It turns compute, storage, and fabric into fluid pools of resources that are easily composed and re-composed to meet each application’s needs. With HTBase, companies can quickly prov...
Mar. 29, 2017 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,312