|By Marketwired .||
|January 27, 2014 01:00 PM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 01/27/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
To help differentiate itself as a new financial services institution in Oman, alizz islamic bank implemented Oracle FLEXCUBE for its core banking platform. The dynamic solution will enable the company to provide innovative corporate and retail banking services and products that support Shari'a Compliance, as well as highly personalized customer service.
- alizz islamic bank, one of the first dedicated Islamic banks in Oman focused on offering Shari'a-compliant personal and business banking solutions, built its core banking infrastructure on Oracle FLEXCUBE solutions to deliver highly differentiated service and support compliance with Shari'a law.
- The new bank succesfully implemented Oracle FLEXCUBE Mobile Banking, Oracle FLEXCUBE Direct Banking and Oracle FLEXCUBE Universal Banking to provide its customers with innovative financial solutions and exceptional, responsive customer service via the corporate website, online banking, mobile banking app, short message service and ATM & branch banking.
- alizz islamic bank selected Oracle FLEXCUBE due to its rich functionality, including its ability to support Islamic banking. Further, the solution could be implemented within the bank's short timeframe, with the full core and internet banking solution going live in just five months.
- Oracle's best-of-breed technology enabled the bank to launch a full range of personal and business banking solutions to support dynamic customer financial objectives. The solution:
- Enables rapid launch of a wide range of personal and business banking products -- including deposit products, asset products, corporate banking and treasury services -- to meet varied customer needs.
- Provides the flexibility to respond to a changing and dynamic market with industry best-practice business processes.
- Increases operational efficiency and delivers a differentiated experience to customers in person, via the web and from mobile devices.
- "As Oman's 'Most Innovative Islamic Bank 2013' by Global Banking and Financial Review, we want to provide an enriching memorable experience to our customers with innovative products and services that are both compatible and up to date with the digital world and support compliance with Shari'a law," said Jamal Darwiche, acting chief executive officer, alizz islamic bank. "Oracle FLEXCUBE helped to enable us to immediately achieve the results we desired, while also providing us with a modern, integrated banking platform that will support future growth. A project of such complexity was executed in a record breaking timeframe of under five months by the joint team. We are proud of what we have achieved."
- "FLEXCUBE offers versatile business functionality for banks," said Chet Kamat, CEO and Managing Director, Oracle Financial Services Software. "Our pre-configured Islamic banking capability combined with a proven implementation track record enables our customers to achieve their business outcomes while effectively managing risk. We are proud to have been a partner of alizz islamic bank in their strategic initiative."
About alizz islamic bank SAOG
alizz islamic bank is one of the first dedicated Islamic banks in Oman. With an aim to offer customers an enriching banking experience designed for today's modern world, the Bank has focused its investments on human capital and best of breed of technology to enable the delivery of exceptional, responsive customer service. Transparent processes and innovative products and solutions that are inspired by Islamic Shari'a cater to the diverse needs of both personal and business customers.
Founded in 2012 in accordance to Royal Decree No. 69/2012, the Bank's total paid up capital is 100 million Omani Rials of which 40% was raised by public investors during the Initial Public Offering (IPO) in September 2012. alizz islamic bank is promoted by Huriah Company LLC, aabar Investments PJS, First Energy Oman and Tasameem Real Estate Company LLC.
- Oracle Financial Services
- Oracle FLEXCUBE
- Oracle FLEXCUBE Direct Banking
- Oracle FLEXCUBE Mobile Banking
- Oracle FLEXCUBE Universal Banking
- Oracle FLEXCUBE Islamic Banking
- Follow Oracle Financial Services on Twitter
- Join the Oracle Financial Services Community on Facebook
- Follow the Oracle Financial Services Blog
- Subscribe to the Oracle Financial Services YouTube channel
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to financial services, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
About Oracle Industry Connect
Oracle Industry Connect brings industry leaders together to share deep domain expertise, insights and industry-specific best practices. This leadership event features customer-led content including visionary keynotes, executive-level networking and in-depth case studies designed to help organizations meet industry-specific challenges.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
In a recent research, analyst firm IDC found that the average cost of a critical application failure is $500,000 to $1 million per hour and the average total cost of unplanned application downtime is $1.25 billion to $2.5 billion per year for Fortune 1000 companies. In addition to the findings on the cost of the downtime, the research also highlighted best practices for development, testing, application support, infrastructure, and operations teams.
Aug. 2, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 163
"We've just seen a huge influx of new partners coming into our ecosystem, and partners building unique offerings on top of our API set," explained Seth Bostock, Chief Executive Officer at IndependenceIT, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Aug. 1, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 664
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Aug. 1, 2015 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 488
For IoT to grow as quickly as analyst firms’ project, a lot is going to fall on developers to quickly bring applications to market. But the lack of a standard development platform threatens to slow growth and make application development more time consuming and costly, much like we’ve seen in the mobile space. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Weiner, Product Manager of the Omega DevCloud with KORE Telematics Inc., discussed the evolving requirements for developers as IoT matures and conducte...
Aug. 1, 2015 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 330
The Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), which enables organizations to seamlessly run in a hybrid cloud model (public + private cloud), is here to stay. IDC estimates that the software-defined networking market will be valued at $3.7 billion by 2016. Security is a key component and benefit of the SDDC, and offers an opportunity to build security 'from the ground up' and weave it into the environment from day one. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Reuven Harrison, CTO and Co-Founder of Tufin,...
Aug. 1, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 520
With SaaS use rampant across organizations, how can IT departments track company data and maintain security? More and more departments are commissioning their own solutions and bypassing IT. A cloud environment is amorphous and powerful, allowing you to set up solutions for all of your user needs: document sharing and collaboration, mobile access, e-mail, even industry-specific applications. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Shawn Mills, President and a founder of Green House Data, discussed h...
Aug. 1, 2015 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 460
Mobile, social, Big Data, and cloud have fundamentally changed the way we live. “Anytime, anywhere” access to data and information is no longer a luxury; it’s a requirement, in both our personal and professional lives. For IT organizations, this means pressure has never been greater to deliver meaningful services to the business and customers.
Aug. 1, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 184
Container technology is sending shock waves through the world of cloud computing. Heralded as the 'next big thing,' containers provide software owners a consistent way to package their software and dependencies while infrastructure operators benefit from a standard way to deploy and run them. Containers present new challenges for tracking usage due to their dynamic nature. They can also be deployed to bare metal, virtual machines and various cloud platforms. How do software owners track the usag...
Aug. 1, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 216
The Internet of Everything (IoE) brings together people, process, data and things to make networked connections more relevant and valuable than ever before – transforming information into knowledge and knowledge into wisdom. IoE creates new capabilities, richer experiences, and unprecedented opportunities to improve business and government operations, decision making and mission support capabilities.
Aug. 1, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 321
There are many considerations when moving applications from on-premise to cloud. It is critical to understand the benefits and also challenges of this migration. A successful migration will result in lower Total Cost of Ownership, yet offer the same or higher level of robustness. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Michael Meiner, an Engineering Director at Oracle, Corporation, analyzed a range of cloud offerings (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and discussed the benefits/challenges of migrating to each offe...
Aug. 1, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 142
Puppet Labs has announced the next major update to its flagship product: Puppet Enterprise 2015.2. This release includes new features providing DevOps teams with clarity, simplicity and additional management capabilities, including an all-new user interface, an interactive graph for visualizing infrastructure code, a new unified agent and broader infrastructure support.
Aug. 1, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 192
Chuck Piluso presented a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. Prior to Secure Infrastructure and Services, Mr. Piluso founded North American Telecommunication Corporation, a facilities-based Competitive Local Exchange Carrier licensed by the Public Service Commission in 10 states, serving as the company's chairman and president from 1997 to 2000. Between 1990 and 1997, Mr. Piluso served as chairman & founder of International Te...
Aug. 1, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 394
One of the hottest areas in cloud right now is DRaaS and related offerings. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Dale Levesque, Disaster Recovery Product Manager with Windstream's Cloud and Data Center Marketing team, will discuss the benefits of the cloud model, which far outweigh the traditional approach, and how enterprises need to ensure that their needs are properly being met.
Aug. 1, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,689
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a software development company, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software development company with representative offices in Atlanta (US), Sheffield (UK) and Würzburg (Germany); and development centers in Ukraine. Since 2009 it has grown from a small group of passionate engineers and business managers to a full-scale mobi...
Aug. 1, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 315
Learn how to solve the problem of keeping files in sync between multiple Docker containers. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Aaron Brongersma, Senior Infrastructure Engineer at Modulus, discussed using rsync, GlusterFS, EBS and Bit Torrent Sync. He broke down the tools that are needed to help create a seamless user experience. In the end, can we have an environment where we can easily move Docker containers, servers, and volumes without impacting our applications? He shared his results so yo...
Jul. 31, 2015 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 790