|By Marketwired .||
|January 27, 2014 01:55 PM EST||
TAMPA, FL -- (Marketwired) -- 01/27/14 -- Dais Analytic Corporation (OTCBB: DLYT) (OTCQB: DLYT), a nanotechnology materials and process company -- focused on commercializing its technology in the worldwide energy and water markets -- proudly announces a two-part transaction following its gains of establishing distribution in China in 2013. This long-term venture with an industrial entity in China is projected to have a positive impact on the current year's financial results. The venture's first year revenues are anticipated to be greater than $7M (USD) as it continues a 'go to market' strategy for its ConsERV and NanoClear nanotechnology materials based applications. Among the highlights of the agreement are:
- Dais and SOEX (Hong Kong) Industry & Investment Co., Ltd., (an affiliated company of SOEX-Beijing) have signed an agreement where Dais sells 37.5 million shares of the Company's common stock in exchange for $1.5 million of growth capital, at $0.04 per share. Full payment to Dais is to occur on or before March 3, 2014. The Company has received the initial payment of approximately $50,000.
- SOEX, as part of the equity purchase, entered into a voting agreement with Dais which finds SOEX agreeing to vote as recommended by the Dais's board of directors for a one-year period beginning on the date the shares are issued to SOEX.
- Dais plans to use the proceeds from the sale of the Common Stock for working capital, business development in other targeted areas, general business purposes, and to pay its portion of the $160,000 of the registered capital required to set-up the China venture (tentatively named 'Dais-SOEX') in which Dais is projected to hold 65% ownership.
- Dais-SOEX is being incorporated in China with SOEX providing the projected funding of approximately $4M. This sum is to be used by Dais-SOEX, at a minimum, to pay up-front licensing and distribution fees to Dais, retain and compensate Dais-SOEX employees and consultants, provide the required facilities and infrastructure to manufacture, sell, and create brand awareness for the ConsERV product and Aqualyte materials for cleaning contaminated water to existing Dais and SOEX distributors while adding newer distribution channels as needed through-out greater China. Aqualyte materials have been demonstrated to separate most forms of contaminants from water (industrial waste, high salinity, heavy metals, pharmaceuticals, etc.) to a 'near parts per billion' level removing 90% plus of all contaminants on the initial pass.
- Dais and SOEX shall complete the negotiations of a master distributor agreement with a SOEX-designated entity, and a license and supply agreement for Dais-SOEX inside the next two months for the purchase and sale of ConsERV and Aqualyte materials for ventilation air, and clean water applications. The Parties have agreed these documents will contain normal commercial terms and conditions (including sales minimums and uses of intellectual property). The SOEX designated entity will built ConsERV cores and systems in China for sale to customers in Greater China.
"Our team has been seeking a disruptive technology able to move sustainability products to new levels which can use SOEX's manufacturing and distribution channels. Combining the demonstrated strengths of Dais's nanomaterial and its strong team with the in-place quality manufacturing, distribution assets and team at SOEX, and of SOEX's China market contacts we are creating a winning combination for China's environment, and for our companies in the important area of cleaner air and water," said Sharon Han, CEO of SOEX-Beijing.
Tim Tangredi, CEO of Dais, commented, "The Dais team has a solid, experienced partner in SOEX. They possess top-notch and time tested quality manufacturing experience, have deep channel presence, have demonstrated success in branding their products, and have eager willingness to work closely with Dais' existing in-country distributors. Our technologies will have a professional in-country presence keenly important to promoting growth given the subtleties of doing business in China and the burgeoning markets we are targeting. The design of the Dais-SOEX entity is projected to provide long term sales and revenue growth for Dais by selling it our proven Aqualyte nanomaterial, having in-country manufacturing and sales support, and having access to the skills and contacts of the SOEX team. We are truly delighted with this growth opportunity."
SOEX-Beijing's earliest incorporation was in 1996 with its first company. Its Panelwell construction materials business is now an industry leader in hollow profile 'Penelwell' line of materials built around a variety of high quality plastics notably polycarbonates. Its distribution access is strong within China including long-term relationships with key Chinese design institutes. SOEX-Beijing sells its products and services in the Chinese markets as well as key international markets. Behind the success of Penelwell is SOEX's many years of machine designing and manufacturing experience.
About Dais Analytic Corporation
Dais Analytic Corporation (OTCBB: DLYT) (News http://finance.yahoo.com/q/h?s=dlyt) is commercializing its innovative Aqualyte family of nano-structured materials and processes focusing on evolutionary or disruptive air, energy and water applications. The uses include:
- ConsERV, a commercial engineered energy recovery ventilator (an HVAC product) useful for efficient management of ventilation air's temperature and moisture content using the energy found in the outgoing 'stale' air stream to pre-condition the incoming fresh air saving energy, lessening CO2 emissions, and allowing for HVAC equipment downsizing;
- NanoClear, a beta-stage method for treating contaminated water (sea, waste, industrial) to provide 1,000 times cleaner potable water; and;
- NanoAir, an early beta-stage water-based cooling cycle using no fluorocarbon refrigerants that replaces the existing vapor compression cooling cycle in most forms of air-conditioning and refrigeration, saving a projected 50% in energy and CO2, and;
- NanoCap, a prototype stage energy storage device which holds promise to use the Aqualyte family to form a disruptive non-chemical energy-storage device (an ultra capacitor) for use in transportation, renewable energy, and 'smart grid' configurations.
Each use demonstrates the diversity of Dais' core product -- Aqualyte -- a family of nano-structured polymers and engineered processes having a focus on minimizing consumption of irreplaceable natural resources, and ending the degradation of our environment. To find out more about Dais please visit www.daisanalytic.com, and to learn more about ConsERV please visit www.conserv.com.
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release includes statements that may constitute forward-looking statements made pursuant to the safe harbor provision of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements can be identified by terminology such as "will," "expects," "anticipates," "future," "intends," "plans," "believes," "estimates" and similar statements. Statements that are not historical facts, including statements about the Company's beliefs and expectations, are forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from the forward-looking statements. For example, statements about the future sales volume are forward looking and subject to risks. A number of important factors could cause actual results to differ materially from those contained in any forward-looking statement. Potential risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, risks outlined in the Company's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. The Company does not undertake any obligation to update any forward-looking statement, except as required under applicable law.
Dais Analytic Corporation
Akana has announced the availability of the new Akana Healthcare Solution. The API-driven solution helps healthcare organizations accelerate their transition to being secure, digitally interoperable businesses. It leverages the Health Level Seven International Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (HL7 FHIR) standard to enable broader business use of medical data. Akana developed the Healthcare Solution in response to healthcare businesses that want to increase electronic, multi-device acce...
Sep. 2, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 209
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Sep. 2, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 471
Any Ops team trying to support a company in today’s cloud-connected world knows that a new way of thinking is required – one just as dramatic than the shift from Ops to DevOps. The diversity of modern operations requires teams to focus their impact on breadth vs. depth. In his session at DevOps Summit, Adam Serediuk, Director of Operations at xMatters, Inc., will discuss the strategic requirements of evolving from Ops to DevOps, and why modern Operations has begun leveraging the “NoOps” approa...
Sep. 2, 2015 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 421
SYS-CON Events announced today that the "Second Containers & Microservices Expo" will take place November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Containers and microservices have become topics of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities.
Sep. 2, 2015 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 597
SYS-CON Events announced today that G2G3 will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit Silicon Valley, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Based on a collective appreciation for user experience, design, and technology, G2G3 is uniquely qualified and motivated to redefine how organizations and people engage in an increasingly digital world.
Sep. 2, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 520
SYS-CON Events announced today that DataClear Inc. will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The DataClear ‘BlackBox’ is the only solution that moves your PC, browsing and data out of the United States and away from prying (and spying) eyes. Its solution automatically builds you a clean, on-demand, virus free, new virtual cloud based PC outside of the United States, and wipes it clean...
Sep. 2, 2015 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 445
Through WebRTC, audio and video communications are being embedded more easily than ever into applications, helping carriers, enterprises and independent software vendors deliver greater functionality to their end users. With today’s business world increasingly focused on outcomes, users’ growing calls for ease of use, and businesses craving smarter, tighter integration, what’s the next step in delivering a richer, more immersive experience? That richer, more fully integrated experience comes ab...
Sep. 2, 2015 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 694
In their Live Hack” presentation at 17th Cloud Expo, Stephen Coty and Paul Fletcher, Chief Security Evangelists at Alert Logic, will provide the audience with a chance to see a live demonstration of the common tools cyber attackers use to attack cloud and traditional IT systems. This “Live Hack” uses open source attack tools that are free and available for download by anybody. Attendees will learn where to find and how to operate these tools for the purpose of testing their own IT infrastructu...
Sep. 2, 2015 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 480
Too often with compelling new technologies market participants become overly enamored with that attractiveness of the technology and neglect underlying business drivers. This tendency, what some call the “newest shiny object syndrome,” is understandable given that virtually all of us are heavily engaged in technology. But it is also mistaken. Without concrete business cases driving its deployment, IoT, like many other technologies before it, will fade into obscurity.
Sep. 1, 2015 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 396
Puppet Labs has announced the next major update to its flagship product: Puppet Enterprise 2015.2. This release includes new features providing DevOps teams with clarity, simplicity and additional management capabilities, including an all-new user interface, an interactive graph for visualizing infrastructure code, a new unified agent and broader infrastructure support.
Sep. 1, 2015 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 541
It’s been proven time and time again that in tech, diversity drives greater innovation, better team productivity and greater profits and market share. So what can we do in our DevOps teams to embrace diversity and help transform the culture of development and operations into a true “DevOps” team? In her session at DevOps Summit, Stefana Muller, Director, Product Management – Continuous Delivery at CA Technologies, answered that question citing examples, showing how to create opportunities for ...
Sep. 1, 2015 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 510
IBM’s Blue Box Cloud, powered by OpenStack, is now available in any of IBM’s globally integrated cloud data centers running SoftLayer infrastructure. Less than 90 days after its acquisition of Blue Box, IBM has integrated its Blue Box Cloud Dedicated private-cloud-as-a-service into its broader portfolio of OpenStack® based solutions. The announcement, made today at the OpenStack Silicon Valley event, further highlights IBM’s continued support to deliver OpenStack solutions across all cloud depl...
Sep. 1, 2015 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 273
Red Hat is investing in Tesora, the number one contributor to OpenStack Trove Database as a Service (DBaaS) also ranked among the top 20 companies contributing to OpenStack overall. Tesora, the company bringing OpenStack Trove Database as a Service (DBaaS) to the enterprise, has announced that Red Hat and others have invested in the company as a part of Tesora's latest funding round. The funding agreement expands on the ongoing collaboration between Tesora and Red Hat, which dates back to Febr...
Sep. 1, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 392
WSM International, the pioneer and leader in server migration services, has announced an agreement with WHOA.com, a leader in providing secure public, private and hybrid cloud computing services. Under terms of the agreement, WSM will provide migration services to WHOA.com customers to relocate some or all of their applications, digital assets, and other computing workloads to WHOA.com enterprise-class, secure cloud infrastructure. The migration services include detailed evaluation and planning...
Sep. 1, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 198
Cloud and datacenter migration innovator AppZero has joined the Microsoft Enterprise Cloud Alliance Program. AppZero is a fast, flexible way to move Windows Server applications from any source machine – physical or virtual – to any destination server, in any cloud or datacenter, using its patented container technology. AppZero’s container is also called a Virtual Application Appliance (VAA). To facilitate Microsoft Azure onboarding, AppZero has two purpose-built offerings: AppZero SP for Azure,...
Sep. 1, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 215