|By Marketwired .||
|January 27, 2014 01:55 PM EST||
TAMPA, FL -- (Marketwired) -- 01/27/14 -- Dais Analytic Corporation (OTCBB: DLYT) (OTCQB: DLYT), a nanotechnology materials and process company -- focused on commercializing its technology in the worldwide energy and water markets -- proudly announces a two-part transaction following its gains of establishing distribution in China in 2013. This long-term venture with an industrial entity in China is projected to have a positive impact on the current year's financial results. The venture's first year revenues are anticipated to be greater than $7M (USD) as it continues a 'go to market' strategy for its ConsERV and NanoClear nanotechnology materials based applications. Among the highlights of the agreement are:
- Dais and SOEX (Hong Kong) Industry & Investment Co., Ltd., (an affiliated company of SOEX-Beijing) have signed an agreement where Dais sells 37.5 million shares of the Company's common stock in exchange for $1.5 million of growth capital, at $0.04 per share. Full payment to Dais is to occur on or before March 3, 2014. The Company has received the initial payment of approximately $50,000.
- SOEX, as part of the equity purchase, entered into a voting agreement with Dais which finds SOEX agreeing to vote as recommended by the Dais's board of directors for a one-year period beginning on the date the shares are issued to SOEX.
- Dais plans to use the proceeds from the sale of the Common Stock for working capital, business development in other targeted areas, general business purposes, and to pay its portion of the $160,000 of the registered capital required to set-up the China venture (tentatively named 'Dais-SOEX') in which Dais is projected to hold 65% ownership.
- Dais-SOEX is being incorporated in China with SOEX providing the projected funding of approximately $4M. This sum is to be used by Dais-SOEX, at a minimum, to pay up-front licensing and distribution fees to Dais, retain and compensate Dais-SOEX employees and consultants, provide the required facilities and infrastructure to manufacture, sell, and create brand awareness for the ConsERV product and Aqualyte materials for cleaning contaminated water to existing Dais and SOEX distributors while adding newer distribution channels as needed through-out greater China. Aqualyte materials have been demonstrated to separate most forms of contaminants from water (industrial waste, high salinity, heavy metals, pharmaceuticals, etc.) to a 'near parts per billion' level removing 90% plus of all contaminants on the initial pass.
- Dais and SOEX shall complete the negotiations of a master distributor agreement with a SOEX-designated entity, and a license and supply agreement for Dais-SOEX inside the next two months for the purchase and sale of ConsERV and Aqualyte materials for ventilation air, and clean water applications. The Parties have agreed these documents will contain normal commercial terms and conditions (including sales minimums and uses of intellectual property). The SOEX designated entity will built ConsERV cores and systems in China for sale to customers in Greater China.
"Our team has been seeking a disruptive technology able to move sustainability products to new levels which can use SOEX's manufacturing and distribution channels. Combining the demonstrated strengths of Dais's nanomaterial and its strong team with the in-place quality manufacturing, distribution assets and team at SOEX, and of SOEX's China market contacts we are creating a winning combination for China's environment, and for our companies in the important area of cleaner air and water," said Sharon Han, CEO of SOEX-Beijing.
Tim Tangredi, CEO of Dais, commented, "The Dais team has a solid, experienced partner in SOEX. They possess top-notch and time tested quality manufacturing experience, have deep channel presence, have demonstrated success in branding their products, and have eager willingness to work closely with Dais' existing in-country distributors. Our technologies will have a professional in-country presence keenly important to promoting growth given the subtleties of doing business in China and the burgeoning markets we are targeting. The design of the Dais-SOEX entity is projected to provide long term sales and revenue growth for Dais by selling it our proven Aqualyte nanomaterial, having in-country manufacturing and sales support, and having access to the skills and contacts of the SOEX team. We are truly delighted with this growth opportunity."
SOEX-Beijing's earliest incorporation was in 1996 with its first company. Its Panelwell construction materials business is now an industry leader in hollow profile 'Penelwell' line of materials built around a variety of high quality plastics notably polycarbonates. Its distribution access is strong within China including long-term relationships with key Chinese design institutes. SOEX-Beijing sells its products and services in the Chinese markets as well as key international markets. Behind the success of Penelwell is SOEX's many years of machine designing and manufacturing experience.
About Dais Analytic Corporation
Dais Analytic Corporation (OTCBB: DLYT) (News http://finance.yahoo.com/q/h?s=dlyt) is commercializing its innovative Aqualyte family of nano-structured materials and processes focusing on evolutionary or disruptive air, energy and water applications. The uses include:
- ConsERV, a commercial engineered energy recovery ventilator (an HVAC product) useful for efficient management of ventilation air's temperature and moisture content using the energy found in the outgoing 'stale' air stream to pre-condition the incoming fresh air saving energy, lessening CO2 emissions, and allowing for HVAC equipment downsizing;
- NanoClear, a beta-stage method for treating contaminated water (sea, waste, industrial) to provide 1,000 times cleaner potable water; and;
- NanoAir, an early beta-stage water-based cooling cycle using no fluorocarbon refrigerants that replaces the existing vapor compression cooling cycle in most forms of air-conditioning and refrigeration, saving a projected 50% in energy and CO2, and;
- NanoCap, a prototype stage energy storage device which holds promise to use the Aqualyte family to form a disruptive non-chemical energy-storage device (an ultra capacitor) for use in transportation, renewable energy, and 'smart grid' configurations.
Each use demonstrates the diversity of Dais' core product -- Aqualyte -- a family of nano-structured polymers and engineered processes having a focus on minimizing consumption of irreplaceable natural resources, and ending the degradation of our environment. To find out more about Dais please visit www.daisanalytic.com, and to learn more about ConsERV please visit www.conserv.com.
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release includes statements that may constitute forward-looking statements made pursuant to the safe harbor provision of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements can be identified by terminology such as "will," "expects," "anticipates," "future," "intends," "plans," "believes," "estimates" and similar statements. Statements that are not historical facts, including statements about the Company's beliefs and expectations, are forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from the forward-looking statements. For example, statements about the future sales volume are forward looking and subject to risks. A number of important factors could cause actual results to differ materially from those contained in any forward-looking statement. Potential risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, risks outlined in the Company's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. The Company does not undertake any obligation to update any forward-looking statement, except as required under applicable law.
Dais Analytic Corporation
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Feb. 21, 2017 09:00 PM EST Reads: 1,050
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his Day 2 Keynote at @ThingsExpo, Henrik Kenani Dahlgren, Portfolio Marketing Manager at Ericsson, discussed how to plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change the...
Feb. 21, 2017 08:30 PM EST Reads: 4,520
For organizations that have amassed large sums of software complexity, taking a microservices approach is the first step toward DevOps and continuous improvement / development. Integrating system-level analysis with microservices makes it easier to change and add functionality to applications at any time without the increase of risk. Before you start big transformation projects or a cloud migration, make sure these changes won’t take down your entire organization.
Feb. 21, 2017 07:30 PM EST Reads: 315
SYS-CON Events announced today that delaPlex will exhibit at SYS-CON's @CloudExpo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. delaPlex pioneered Software Development as a Service (SDaaS), which provides scalable resources to build, test, and deploy software. It’s a fast and more reliable way to develop a new product or expand your in-house team.
Feb. 21, 2017 07:30 PM EST Reads: 1,141
SYS-CON Events announced today that IoT Now has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6–8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. IoT Now explores the evolving opportunities and challenges facing CSPs, and it passes on some lessons learned from those who have taken the first steps in next-gen IoT services.
Feb. 21, 2017 06:30 PM EST Reads: 1,232
Updating DevOps to the latest production data slows down your development cycle. Probably it is due to slow, inefficient conventional storage and associated copy data management practices. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Dhiraj Sehgal, in Product and Solution at Tintri, will talk about DevOps and cloud-focused storage to update hundreds of child VMs (different flavors) with updates from a master VM in minutes, saving hours or even days in each development cycle. He will also...
Feb. 21, 2017 06:30 PM EST Reads: 2,386
Extreme Computing is the ability to leverage highly performant infrastructure and software to accelerate Big Data, machine learning, HPC, and Enterprise applications. High IOPS Storage, low-latency networks, in-memory databases, GPUs and other parallel accelerators are being used to achieve faster results and help businesses make better decisions. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at NVIDIA, focused on some of the unique ways extreme computing is...
Feb. 21, 2017 06:30 PM EST Reads: 7,555
The explosion of new web/cloud/IoT-based applications and the data they generate are transforming our world right before our eyes. In this rush to adopt these new technologies, organizations are often ignoring fundamental questions concerning who owns the data and failing to ask for permission to conduct invasive surveillance of their customers. Organizations that are not transparent about how their systems gather data telemetry without offering shared data ownership risk product rejection, regu...
Feb. 21, 2017 06:15 PM EST Reads: 888
SYS-CON Events announced today that WineSOFT will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Based in Seoul and Irvine, WineSOFT is an innovative software house focusing on internet infrastructure solutions. The venture started as a bootstrap start-up in 2010 by focusing on making the internet faster and more powerful. WineSOFT’s knowledge is based on the expertise of TCP/IP, VPN, SSL, peer-to-peer, mob...
Feb. 21, 2017 06:15 PM EST Reads: 1,542
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, discussed the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports.
Feb. 21, 2017 05:30 PM EST Reads: 1,150
With billions of sensors deployed worldwide, the amount of machine-generated data will soon exceed what our networks can handle. But consumers and businesses will expect seamless experiences and real-time responsiveness. What does this mean for IoT devices and the infrastructure that supports them? More of the data will need to be handled at - or closer to - the devices themselves.
Feb. 21, 2017 05:15 PM EST Reads: 1,757
SYS-CON Events announced today that Dataloop.IO, an innovator in cloud IT-monitoring whose products help organizations save time and money, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Dataloop.IO is an emerging software company on the cutting edge of major IT-infrastructure trends including cloud computing and microservices. The company, founded in the UK but now based in San Fran...
Feb. 21, 2017 04:30 PM EST Reads: 2,317
Big Data, cloud, analytics, contextual information, wearable tech, sensors, mobility, and WebRTC: together, these advances have created a perfect storm of technologies that are disrupting and transforming classic communications models and ecosystems. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Erik Perotti, Senior Manager of New Ventures on Plantronics’ Innovation team, provided an overview of this technological shift, including associated business and consumer communications impacts, and opportunities it m...
Feb. 21, 2017 04:00 PM EST Reads: 6,894
The financial services market is one of the most data-driven industries in the world, yet it’s bogged down by legacy CPU technologies that simply can’t keep up with the task of querying and visualizing billions of records. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Jared Parker, Director of Financial Services at Kinetica, will discuss how the advent of advanced in-database analytics on the GPU makes it possible to run sophisticated data science workloads on the same database that is housing the rich inf...
Feb. 21, 2017 03:30 PM EST Reads: 1,264
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Feb. 21, 2017 03:15 PM EST Reads: 814