|By Marketwired .||
|January 27, 2014 01:55 PM EST||
TAMPA, FL -- (Marketwired) -- 01/27/14 -- Dais Analytic Corporation (OTCBB: DLYT) (OTCQB: DLYT), a nanotechnology materials and process company -- focused on commercializing its technology in the worldwide energy and water markets -- proudly announces a two-part transaction following its gains of establishing distribution in China in 2013. This long-term venture with an industrial entity in China is projected to have a positive impact on the current year's financial results. The venture's first year revenues are anticipated to be greater than $7M (USD) as it continues a 'go to market' strategy for its ConsERV and NanoClear nanotechnology materials based applications. Among the highlights of the agreement are:
- Dais and SOEX (Hong Kong) Industry & Investment Co., Ltd., (an affiliated company of SOEX-Beijing) have signed an agreement where Dais sells 37.5 million shares of the Company's common stock in exchange for $1.5 million of growth capital, at $0.04 per share. Full payment to Dais is to occur on or before March 3, 2014. The Company has received the initial payment of approximately $50,000.
- SOEX, as part of the equity purchase, entered into a voting agreement with Dais which finds SOEX agreeing to vote as recommended by the Dais's board of directors for a one-year period beginning on the date the shares are issued to SOEX.
- Dais plans to use the proceeds from the sale of the Common Stock for working capital, business development in other targeted areas, general business purposes, and to pay its portion of the $160,000 of the registered capital required to set-up the China venture (tentatively named 'Dais-SOEX') in which Dais is projected to hold 65% ownership.
- Dais-SOEX is being incorporated in China with SOEX providing the projected funding of approximately $4M. This sum is to be used by Dais-SOEX, at a minimum, to pay up-front licensing and distribution fees to Dais, retain and compensate Dais-SOEX employees and consultants, provide the required facilities and infrastructure to manufacture, sell, and create brand awareness for the ConsERV product and Aqualyte materials for cleaning contaminated water to existing Dais and SOEX distributors while adding newer distribution channels as needed through-out greater China. Aqualyte materials have been demonstrated to separate most forms of contaminants from water (industrial waste, high salinity, heavy metals, pharmaceuticals, etc.) to a 'near parts per billion' level removing 90% plus of all contaminants on the initial pass.
- Dais and SOEX shall complete the negotiations of a master distributor agreement with a SOEX-designated entity, and a license and supply agreement for Dais-SOEX inside the next two months for the purchase and sale of ConsERV and Aqualyte materials for ventilation air, and clean water applications. The Parties have agreed these documents will contain normal commercial terms and conditions (including sales minimums and uses of intellectual property). The SOEX designated entity will built ConsERV cores and systems in China for sale to customers in Greater China.
"Our team has been seeking a disruptive technology able to move sustainability products to new levels which can use SOEX's manufacturing and distribution channels. Combining the demonstrated strengths of Dais's nanomaterial and its strong team with the in-place quality manufacturing, distribution assets and team at SOEX, and of SOEX's China market contacts we are creating a winning combination for China's environment, and for our companies in the important area of cleaner air and water," said Sharon Han, CEO of SOEX-Beijing.
Tim Tangredi, CEO of Dais, commented, "The Dais team has a solid, experienced partner in SOEX. They possess top-notch and time tested quality manufacturing experience, have deep channel presence, have demonstrated success in branding their products, and have eager willingness to work closely with Dais' existing in-country distributors. Our technologies will have a professional in-country presence keenly important to promoting growth given the subtleties of doing business in China and the burgeoning markets we are targeting. The design of the Dais-SOEX entity is projected to provide long term sales and revenue growth for Dais by selling it our proven Aqualyte nanomaterial, having in-country manufacturing and sales support, and having access to the skills and contacts of the SOEX team. We are truly delighted with this growth opportunity."
SOEX-Beijing's earliest incorporation was in 1996 with its first company. Its Panelwell construction materials business is now an industry leader in hollow profile 'Penelwell' line of materials built around a variety of high quality plastics notably polycarbonates. Its distribution access is strong within China including long-term relationships with key Chinese design institutes. SOEX-Beijing sells its products and services in the Chinese markets as well as key international markets. Behind the success of Penelwell is SOEX's many years of machine designing and manufacturing experience.
About Dais Analytic Corporation
Dais Analytic Corporation (OTCBB: DLYT) (News http://finance.yahoo.com/q/h?s=dlyt) is commercializing its innovative Aqualyte family of nano-structured materials and processes focusing on evolutionary or disruptive air, energy and water applications. The uses include:
- ConsERV, a commercial engineered energy recovery ventilator (an HVAC product) useful for efficient management of ventilation air's temperature and moisture content using the energy found in the outgoing 'stale' air stream to pre-condition the incoming fresh air saving energy, lessening CO2 emissions, and allowing for HVAC equipment downsizing;
- NanoClear, a beta-stage method for treating contaminated water (sea, waste, industrial) to provide 1,000 times cleaner potable water; and;
- NanoAir, an early beta-stage water-based cooling cycle using no fluorocarbon refrigerants that replaces the existing vapor compression cooling cycle in most forms of air-conditioning and refrigeration, saving a projected 50% in energy and CO2, and;
- NanoCap, a prototype stage energy storage device which holds promise to use the Aqualyte family to form a disruptive non-chemical energy-storage device (an ultra capacitor) for use in transportation, renewable energy, and 'smart grid' configurations.
Each use demonstrates the diversity of Dais' core product -- Aqualyte -- a family of nano-structured polymers and engineered processes having a focus on minimizing consumption of irreplaceable natural resources, and ending the degradation of our environment. To find out more about Dais please visit www.daisanalytic.com, and to learn more about ConsERV please visit www.conserv.com.
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release includes statements that may constitute forward-looking statements made pursuant to the safe harbor provision of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements can be identified by terminology such as "will," "expects," "anticipates," "future," "intends," "plans," "believes," "estimates" and similar statements. Statements that are not historical facts, including statements about the Company's beliefs and expectations, are forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from the forward-looking statements. For example, statements about the future sales volume are forward looking and subject to risks. A number of important factors could cause actual results to differ materially from those contained in any forward-looking statement. Potential risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, risks outlined in the Company's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. The Company does not undertake any obligation to update any forward-looking statement, except as required under applicable law.
Dais Analytic Corporation
Get deep visibility into the performance of your databases and expert advice for performance optimization and tuning. You can't get application performance without database performance. Give everyone on the team a comprehensive view of how every aspect of the system affects performance across SQL database operations, host server and OS, virtualization resources and storage I/O. Quickly find bottlenecks and troubleshoot complex problems.
Dec. 6, 2016 12:30 PM EST Reads: 2,089
"Dice has been around for the last 20 years. We have been helping tech professionals find new jobs and career opportunities," explained Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 6, 2016 12:30 PM EST Reads: 1,004
An IoT product’s log files speak volumes about what’s happening with your products in the field, pinpointing current and potential issues, and enabling you to predict failures and save millions of dollars in inventory. But until recently, no one knew how to listen. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dan Gettens, Chief Research Officer at OnProcess, discussed recent research by Massachusetts Institute of Technology and OnProcess Technology, where MIT created a new, breakthrough analytics model for ...
Dec. 6, 2016 12:28 PM EST Reads: 137
Internet of @ThingsExpo has announced today that Chris Matthieu has been named tech chair of Internet of @ThingsExpo 2017 New York The 7th Internet of @ThingsExpo will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York. Chris Matthieu is the co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, a revolutionary real-time IoT platform recently acquired by Citrix. Octoblu connects things, systems, people and clouds to a global mesh network allowing users to automate and control design flo...
Dec. 6, 2016 11:54 AM EST Reads: 113
SYS-CON Events has announced today that Roger Strukhoff has been named conference chair of Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo 2017 New York. The 20th Cloud Expo and 7th @ThingsExpo will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. "The Internet of Things brings trillions of dollars of opportunity to developers and enterprise IT, no matter how you measure it," stated Roger Strukhoff. "More importantly, it leverages the power of devices and the Internet to enable us all to im...
Dec. 6, 2016 11:45 AM EST Reads: 308
Rapid innovation, changing business landscapes, and new IT demands force businesses to make changes quickly. In the eyes of many, containers are at the brink of becoming a pervasive technology in enterprise IT to accelerate application delivery. In this presentation, attendees learned about the: The transformation of IT to a DevOps, microservices, and container-based architecture What are containers and how DevOps practices can operate in a container-based environment A demonstration of how ...
Dec. 6, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 1,016
"At ROHA we develop an app called Catcha. It was developed after we spent a year meeting with, talking to, interacting with senior citizens watching them use their smartphones and talking to them about how they use their smartphones so we could get to know their smartphone behavior," explained Dave Woods, Chief Innovation Officer at ROHA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 6, 2016 11:15 AM EST Reads: 432
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Dec. 6, 2016 11:00 AM EST Reads: 572
Effectively SMBs and government programs must address compounded regulatory compliance requirements. The most recent are Controlled Unclassified Information and the EU's GDPR have Board Level implications. Managing sensitive data protection will likely result in acquisition criteria, demonstration requests and new requirements. Developers, as part of the pre-planning process and the associated supply chain, could benefit from updating their code libraries and design by incorporating changes. In...
Dec. 6, 2016 10:30 AM EST Reads: 1,175
"Venafi has a platform that allows you to manage, centralize and automate the complete life cycle of keys and certificates within the organization," explained Gina Osmond, Sr. Field Marketing Manager at Venafi, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 6, 2016 10:30 AM EST Reads: 967
"ReadyTalk is an audio and web video conferencing provider. We've really come to embrace WebRTC as the platform for our future of technology," explained Dan Cunningham, CTO of ReadyTalk, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at WebRTC Summit at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 6, 2016 10:15 AM EST Reads: 545
Financial Technology has become a topic of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities. Accordingly, attendees at the upcoming 20th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York, June 6-8, 2017, will find fresh new content in a new track called FinTech.
Dec. 6, 2016 09:15 AM EST Reads: 2,146
Keeping pace with advancements in software delivery processes and tooling is taxing even for the most proficient organizations. Point tools, platforms, open source and the increasing adoption of private and public cloud services requires strong engineering rigor – all in the face of developer demands to use the tools of choice. As Agile has settled in as a mainstream practice, now DevOps has emerged as the next wave to improve software delivery speed and output. To make DevOps work, organization...
Dec. 6, 2016 09:00 AM EST Reads: 5,819
"Qosmos has launched L7Viewer, a network traffic analysis tool, so it analyzes all the traffic between the virtual machine and the data center and the virtual machine and the external world," stated Sebastien Synold, Product Line Manager at Qosmos, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 6, 2016 09:00 AM EST Reads: 713
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
Dec. 6, 2016 09:00 AM EST Reads: 3,968