|By Marketwired .||
|January 27, 2014 01:55 PM EST||
TAMPA, FL -- (Marketwired) -- 01/27/14 -- Dais Analytic Corporation (OTCBB: DLYT) (OTCQB: DLYT), a nanotechnology materials and process company -- focused on commercializing its technology in the worldwide energy and water markets -- proudly announces a two-part transaction following its gains of establishing distribution in China in 2013. This long-term venture with an industrial entity in China is projected to have a positive impact on the current year's financial results. The venture's first year revenues are anticipated to be greater than $7M (USD) as it continues a 'go to market' strategy for its ConsERV and NanoClear nanotechnology materials based applications. Among the highlights of the agreement are:
- Dais and SOEX (Hong Kong) Industry & Investment Co., Ltd., (an affiliated company of SOEX-Beijing) have signed an agreement where Dais sells 37.5 million shares of the Company's common stock in exchange for $1.5 million of growth capital, at $0.04 per share. Full payment to Dais is to occur on or before March 3, 2014. The Company has received the initial payment of approximately $50,000.
- SOEX, as part of the equity purchase, entered into a voting agreement with Dais which finds SOEX agreeing to vote as recommended by the Dais's board of directors for a one-year period beginning on the date the shares are issued to SOEX.
- Dais plans to use the proceeds from the sale of the Common Stock for working capital, business development in other targeted areas, general business purposes, and to pay its portion of the $160,000 of the registered capital required to set-up the China venture (tentatively named 'Dais-SOEX') in which Dais is projected to hold 65% ownership.
- Dais-SOEX is being incorporated in China with SOEX providing the projected funding of approximately $4M. This sum is to be used by Dais-SOEX, at a minimum, to pay up-front licensing and distribution fees to Dais, retain and compensate Dais-SOEX employees and consultants, provide the required facilities and infrastructure to manufacture, sell, and create brand awareness for the ConsERV product and Aqualyte materials for cleaning contaminated water to existing Dais and SOEX distributors while adding newer distribution channels as needed through-out greater China. Aqualyte materials have been demonstrated to separate most forms of contaminants from water (industrial waste, high salinity, heavy metals, pharmaceuticals, etc.) to a 'near parts per billion' level removing 90% plus of all contaminants on the initial pass.
- Dais and SOEX shall complete the negotiations of a master distributor agreement with a SOEX-designated entity, and a license and supply agreement for Dais-SOEX inside the next two months for the purchase and sale of ConsERV and Aqualyte materials for ventilation air, and clean water applications. The Parties have agreed these documents will contain normal commercial terms and conditions (including sales minimums and uses of intellectual property). The SOEX designated entity will built ConsERV cores and systems in China for sale to customers in Greater China.
"Our team has been seeking a disruptive technology able to move sustainability products to new levels which can use SOEX's manufacturing and distribution channels. Combining the demonstrated strengths of Dais's nanomaterial and its strong team with the in-place quality manufacturing, distribution assets and team at SOEX, and of SOEX's China market contacts we are creating a winning combination for China's environment, and for our companies in the important area of cleaner air and water," said Sharon Han, CEO of SOEX-Beijing.
Tim Tangredi, CEO of Dais, commented, "The Dais team has a solid, experienced partner in SOEX. They possess top-notch and time tested quality manufacturing experience, have deep channel presence, have demonstrated success in branding their products, and have eager willingness to work closely with Dais' existing in-country distributors. Our technologies will have a professional in-country presence keenly important to promoting growth given the subtleties of doing business in China and the burgeoning markets we are targeting. The design of the Dais-SOEX entity is projected to provide long term sales and revenue growth for Dais by selling it our proven Aqualyte nanomaterial, having in-country manufacturing and sales support, and having access to the skills and contacts of the SOEX team. We are truly delighted with this growth opportunity."
SOEX-Beijing's earliest incorporation was in 1996 with its first company. Its Panelwell construction materials business is now an industry leader in hollow profile 'Penelwell' line of materials built around a variety of high quality plastics notably polycarbonates. Its distribution access is strong within China including long-term relationships with key Chinese design institutes. SOEX-Beijing sells its products and services in the Chinese markets as well as key international markets. Behind the success of Penelwell is SOEX's many years of machine designing and manufacturing experience.
About Dais Analytic Corporation
Dais Analytic Corporation (OTCBB: DLYT) (News http://finance.yahoo.com/q/h?s=dlyt) is commercializing its innovative Aqualyte family of nano-structured materials and processes focusing on evolutionary or disruptive air, energy and water applications. The uses include:
- ConsERV, a commercial engineered energy recovery ventilator (an HVAC product) useful for efficient management of ventilation air's temperature and moisture content using the energy found in the outgoing 'stale' air stream to pre-condition the incoming fresh air saving energy, lessening CO2 emissions, and allowing for HVAC equipment downsizing;
- NanoClear, a beta-stage method for treating contaminated water (sea, waste, industrial) to provide 1,000 times cleaner potable water; and;
- NanoAir, an early beta-stage water-based cooling cycle using no fluorocarbon refrigerants that replaces the existing vapor compression cooling cycle in most forms of air-conditioning and refrigeration, saving a projected 50% in energy and CO2, and;
- NanoCap, a prototype stage energy storage device which holds promise to use the Aqualyte family to form a disruptive non-chemical energy-storage device (an ultra capacitor) for use in transportation, renewable energy, and 'smart grid' configurations.
Each use demonstrates the diversity of Dais' core product -- Aqualyte -- a family of nano-structured polymers and engineered processes having a focus on minimizing consumption of irreplaceable natural resources, and ending the degradation of our environment. To find out more about Dais please visit www.daisanalytic.com, and to learn more about ConsERV please visit www.conserv.com.
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release includes statements that may constitute forward-looking statements made pursuant to the safe harbor provision of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements can be identified by terminology such as "will," "expects," "anticipates," "future," "intends," "plans," "believes," "estimates" and similar statements. Statements that are not historical facts, including statements about the Company's beliefs and expectations, are forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from the forward-looking statements. For example, statements about the future sales volume are forward looking and subject to risks. A number of important factors could cause actual results to differ materially from those contained in any forward-looking statement. Potential risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, risks outlined in the Company's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. The Company does not undertake any obligation to update any forward-looking statement, except as required under applicable law.
Dais Analytic Corporation
In his session at Cloud Expo, Alan Winters, an entertainment executive/TV producer turned serial entrepreneur, will present a success story of an entrepreneur who has both suffered through and benefited from offshore development across multiple businesses: The smart choice, or how to select the right offshore development partner Warning signs, or how to minimize chances of making the wrong choice Collaboration, or how to establish the most effective work processes Budget control, or how to max...
Mar. 29, 2017 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 464
SYS-CON Events announced today that Infranics will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Since 2000, Infranics has developed SysMaster Suite, which is required for the stable and efficient management of ICT infrastructure. The ICT management solution developed and provided by Infranics continues to add intelligence to the ICT infrastructure through the IMC (Infra Management Cycle) based on mathemat...
Mar. 29, 2017 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,380
Most companies are adopting or evaluating container technology - Docker in particular - to speed up application deployment, drive down cost, ease management and make application delivery more flexible overall. As with most new architectures, this dream takes a lot of work to become a reality. Even when you do get your application componentized enough and packaged properly, there are still challenges for DevOps teams to making the shift to continuous delivery and achieving that reduction in cost...
Mar. 29, 2017 10:53 AM EDT
@DevOpsSummit has been named the ‘Top DevOps Influencer' by iTrend. iTrend processes millions of conversations, tweets, interactions, news articles, press releases, blog posts - and extract meaning form them and analyzes mobile and desktop software platforms used to communicate, various metadata (such as geo location), and automation tools. In overall placement, @DevOpsSummit ranked as the number one ‘DevOps Influencer' followed by @CloudExpo at third, and @MicroservicesE at 24th.
Mar. 29, 2017 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 10,430
SYS-CON Events announced today that Auditwerx will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Auditwerx specializes in SOC 1, SOC 2, and SOC 3 attestation services throughout the U.S. and Canada. As a division of Carr, Riggs & Ingram (CRI), one of the top 20 largest CPA firms nationally, you can expect the resources, skills, and experience of a much larger firm combined with the accessibility and attent...
Mar. 29, 2017 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 563
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 add...
Mar. 29, 2017 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,658
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloudistics, an on-premises cloud computing company, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Cloudistics delivers a complete public cloud experience with composable on-premises infrastructures to medium and large enterprises. Its software-defined technology natively converges network, storage, compute, virtualization, and management into a ...
Mar. 29, 2017 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,313
MongoDB Atlas leverages VPC peering for AWS, a service that allows multiple VPC networks to interact. This includes VPCs that belong to other AWS account holders. By performing cross account VPC peering, users ensure networks that host and communicate their data are secure. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Jay Gordon, a Developer Advocate at MongoDB, will explain how to properly architect your VPC using existing AWS tools and then peer with your MongoDB Atlas cluster. He'll discuss the secur...
Mar. 29, 2017 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 599
Imagine having the ability to leverage all of your current technology and to be able to compose it into one resource pool. Now imagine, as your business grows, not having to deploy a complete new appliance to scale your infrastructure. Also imagine a true multi-cloud capability that allows live migration without any modification between cloud environments regardless of whether that cloud is your private cloud or your public AWS, Azure or Google instance. Now think of a world that is not locked i...
Mar. 29, 2017 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 543
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Lachapelle, CEO of the Professional Evaluation and Certification Board (PECB), will provide an overview of various initiatives to certifiy the security of connected devices and future trends in ensuring public trust of IoT. Eric Lachapelle is the Chief Executive Officer of the Professional Evaluation and Certification Board (PECB), an international certification body. His role is to help companies and individuals to achieve professional, accredited and worldw...
Mar. 29, 2017 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 901
In his General Session at 16th Cloud Expo, David Shacochis, host of The Hybrid IT Files podcast and Vice President at CenturyLink, investigated three key trends of the “gigabit economy" though the story of a Fortune 500 communications company in transformation. Narrating how multi-modal hybrid IT, service automation, and agile delivery all intersect, he will cover the role of storytelling and empathy in achieving strategic alignment between the enterprise and its information technology.
Mar. 29, 2017 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 7,451
While DevOps most critically and famously fosters collaboration, communication, and integration through cultural change, culture is more of an output than an input. In order to actively drive cultural evolution, organizations must make substantial organizational and process changes, and adopt new technologies, to encourage a DevOps culture. Moderated by Andi Mann, panelists discussed how to balance these three pillars of DevOps, where to focus attention (and resources), where organizations might...
Mar. 29, 2017 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 6,262
Microservices are a very exciting architectural approach that many organizations are looking to as a way to accelerate innovation. Microservices promise to allow teams to move away from monolithic "ball of mud" systems, but the reality is that, in the vast majority of organizations, different projects and technologies will continue to be developed at different speeds. How to handle the dependencies between these disparate systems with different iteration cycles? Consider the "canoncial problem" ...
Mar. 29, 2017 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 9,049
In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Scott Davis, CTO of Embotics, will discuss how automation can provide the dynamic management required to cost-effectively deliver microservices and container solutions at scale. He will discuss how flexible automation is the key to effectively bridging and seamlessly coordinating both IT and developer needs for component orchestration across disparate clouds – an increasingly important requirement at today’s multi-cloud enterprise.
Mar. 29, 2017 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,844
The essence of cloud computing is that all consumable IT resources are delivered as services. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Yung Chou, Technology Evangelist at Microsoft, demonstrated the concepts and implementations of two important cloud computing deliveries: Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS). He discussed from business and technical viewpoints what exactly they are, why we care, how they are different and in what ways, and the strategies for IT to transi...
Mar. 29, 2017 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 6,430