|By RealWire News Distribution||
|January 28, 2014 01:06 AM EST||
- Next-Generation Actian Analytics Platform™ Delivers Business Value for Leading Companies Worldwide
- Actian Annual Revenue Grows to $140 Million
- Actian Ranks among Top Global Big Data Software Companies by Revenue
Redwood City, Calif. - January 27, 2014 - Actian Corporation ("Actian"), the big data software platform company, announced the launch of the next-generation, integrated Actian Analytics Platform™ and ends 2013 with revenues double those of the prior year. By relentlessly focusing on business outcomes for customers transforming data to value, Actian overcomes the known limitations of legacy and point solutions for big data that are costly, cumbersome and siloed. As a result, the company is enjoying significant revenue growth, continued profitability, customer traction and a growing pipeline.
"The first-phase big data projects were complex, expensive and lengthy to implement. As new capabilities like the Actian Analytics Platform have come to market, the opportunity for transformational business outcomes from big data projects is open to far more organisations without needing scarce skills, radically accelerating time to value," said Steve Shine, Actian CEO and President. "This heralds much broader adoption of big data - i.e. Big Data 2.0. We've been thrilled with the amount of innovation our customers have delivered on our platform."
Actian Announces Market Momentum Including:
- Rapid growth from new and deepened relationships with industry-leading customers including Evernote, Future Group, Opera Solutions, and Rally Software
- Large cross-sell and upsell opportunity across its global customer base to deliver tangible business benefit through data-driven business processes
- Increased vertical market penetration in financial services, digital media, retail, healthcare and SaaS
- Established global presence with strong international sales, support, services and partner footprint and more than 50 percent of revenues originating outside of the United States
- $140 million in annual revenues
- 150 percent quarter-over-quarter Actian Analytics Platform pipeline growth
- Bolstered executive, sales and engineering bench strength with key hires
- Grew global Big Data Analytics sales headcount by more than 85 percent
Launched the Actian Analytics Platform to enable accelerated business impact from high-performance analytics on varied data sources at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions while addressing the need to run multiple and integrated high-performance, low-latency analytics applications on a single end-to-end platform including simplified and accelerated Hadoop performance and adoption
Accelerating Big Data 2.0™: Traditional Solutions Falling Short
According to Gartner's "Predicts 2014: Big Data," "Through 2017, 90% of the information assets from big data analytic efforts will be siloed and unleveragable across multiple business processes." This results in the full utilisation of enterprise-wide data being confined to an elite set of deep-pocketed companies, leaving up to $15 trillion of potential opportunity from data untapped.
"Our recent research report reveals that although businesses want to harness big data, the hype, noise confusion and cost make it difficult to move forward in a thoughtful and responsible way," said M.R. Rangaswami, co-founder and managing director of Sand Hill Group. "The market is ripe for a practical, lightweight and scalable solution for driving business value from big data, and the Actian Analytics Platform delivers just that, making the value of big data accessible to a full range of organisations."
About the Actian Analytics Platform
Company leaders are delivering on a multi-year vision that businesses need an end-to-end completely modern platform to garner business value from their ever-expanding data assets. The Actian Analytics Platform has been adopted by innovators in multiple industries to deliver sustainable competitive advantage. The architecture of the platform focuses on today's big data needs to:
- Drive broad adoption and deliver faster time to value with rich, easy-to-use capabilities that are enterprise grade and deliver disruptive price-performance
- Complement existing infrastructures without requiring rip-and-replace
- Make it possible to deploy in the cloud, on-premises or hybrid environments
- Provide flexible licensing models to fit distinct business requirements
In addition, the company:
- Launched the Actian Analytics Database - Matrix 5.0 with adaptive workloads and up to 10x performance increase
- Improved enterprise Hadoop implementations by solving adoption challenges created by MapReduce skills shortages, design-time friction and run-time performance
- Responded to a growing base of cloud-focused customers by securing industry-leading SSAE 16 SOC 1 Type 1 security attestation for the Actian Analytics Platform
"Big Data 2.0 means that the technology needed to derive bottom-line improvements from data is easy to acquire, use and implement, and is broadly adopted across lines of business. It means that organizations of all sizes can use their data to change their businesses and lead their respective industries," said Shine. "We need to move to Big Data 2.0 as quickly as possible so that more organizations can unlock big data value that has traditionally been accessible only by a privileged few. Actian makes it easy for organizations to realize benefits of big data with rapid time to value. In short, Actian is delivering 'Big Data for the Rest of Us'™."
 Pro forma revenues include revenue from acquired companies dating to January 1, 2013.
 Gartner Predicts 2014: Big Data; Nick Heudecker, Mark A. Beyer, Douglas Laney, Michele Cantara, Andrew White, Roxane Edjlali, Andrew Lerner, Angela McIntyre; November 20, 2013.
 "Industrial Internet: Pushing the Boundaries of Minds and Machines," Peter C. Evans and Marco Anunziato, GE, November 2012, http://files.gereports.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/ge-industrial-internet-vision-paper.pdf
 "Mindset over Data Set: A Big Data Prescription for Setting the Market Pace," Sand Hill Group, January 2014,
About Actian: Accelerating Big Data 2.0™
Actian transforms big data into business value for any organization - not just the privileged few. Actian provides transformational business value by delivering actionable insights into new sources of revenue, business opportunities, and ways of mitigating risk with high-performance in-database analytics complemented with extensive connectivity and data preparation. The 21st century software architecture of the Actian Analytics Platform delivers extreme performance on off-the-shelf hardware, overcoming key technical and economic barriers to broad adoption of big data. Actian also makes Hadoop enterprise-grade by providing high-performance ELT, visual design and SQL analytics on Hadoop without the need for MapReduce skills. Among tens of thousands of organizations using Actian are innovators using analytics for competitive advantage in industries like financial services, telecommunications, digital media, healthcare and retail. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices worldwide. Stay connected with Actian Corporation at www.actian.com or on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Actian, Actian Analytics Platform, Accelerating Big Data 2.0, and Big Data for the Rest of Us are trademarks of Actian Corporation and its subsidiaries. All other trademarks, trade names, service marks, and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.
# # #
Axicom for Actian
t: +44 (0)20 8392 8076
Sep. 26, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,545
Sep. 26, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,153
Sep. 26, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,297
Sep. 26, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,609
Sep. 26, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,249
Sep. 26, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,736
Sep. 26, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,411
Sep. 26, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,039
Sep. 26, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,667
Sep. 26, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,663
Sep. 26, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,382
Sep. 26, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,792
Sep. 26, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,442
Sep. 26, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 998
Sep. 26, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,582