|By Business Wire||
|January 28, 2014 09:33 AM EST||
Aerohive Networks®, a leader in controller-less Wi-Fi and cloud-managed mobile networking for the enterprise market, today announced the Aerohive Mobility Suite, a cloud-enabled mobility management solution that simplifies the complexity caused by the influx of mobile devices. The Mobility Suite includes three main components: the Client Management application, the ID Manager application, and integration with mobile device management software partners AirWatch and JAMF Software. The Mobility Suite simplifies enterprise networking and personalizes mobility for enterprises and IT staff by extending visibility and control over mobile devices to the very edge of the network.
- The new Aerohive Mobility Suite extends management and control over a spectrum of clients, from transient guests to company-issued devices. Administrators can allow users to access the self-service portal and easily onboard devices, providing the appropriate balance of privacy and control across the complete spectrum of use cases—from those that simply require basic internet access, to devices that must have tightly controlled applications and content.
- To help enterprises tackle mobility management, Aerohive is launching the Mobility Suite to allow companies to simplify the mobile device management life cycle. The cloud-enabled mobility management solution simplifies and automates onboarding, configuration, monitoring, and troubleshooting of connected devices as well as personalizing the mobile experience for end users based on available user, application, device and network context.
- The Mobility Suite, combined with Aerohive’s Cooperative Control access points, routers, and switches, creates a unified, mobile-centric, access layer with consistent management across mobile clients and wireless or wired networks. This comprehensive solution enables lean IT departments to centrally manage and enforce policy on thousands of devices in hundreds of distributed offices.
Mobility Suite Components
- The Mobility Suite components deliver control over the complete spectrum of clients. This ranges from devices that simply require basic internet access that can be easily controlled at the network level to devices that must have tightly controlled applications and content, which must be controlled on the device.
- For enterprises that want simplified guest access enforced by the network, the Mobility Suite includes Aerohive’s ID Manager application. ID Manager provides self-service portals and kiosk-based guest registration as well as simplified delivery of access credentials via SMS, email, and even Twitter Direct Messaging. ID Manager uses Aerohive’s cloud technology to eliminate the need for additional hardware or software to deliver a scalable, simple-to-administer guest management solution that streamlines the onboarding of visitors.
- ID Manager also can be used for simplified management of BYO devices with the use of the Employee Sponsorship functionality. Employees can register for guest credentials to connect their personal devices to the guest network. Going forward, Aerohive intends to streamline this process to simplify onboarding for BYO devices that only require basic network access and no device control.
- For enterprises that require device-level control of corporate-issued and BYO devices in addition to network-level enforcement, the Mobility Suite includes Aerohive’s Client Management application.
- With the Client Management application, an IT administrator can easily onboard and provision corporate-issued and BYO devices with unique client credentials, ensuring the security of corporate resources.
- This enables device-level configuration profiles to be combined with device ownership to create personalized policies and controls for a mobile-first enterprise. IT administrators also gain unified management, with client information displayed in Aerohive’s HiveManager™ for easy monitoring and reporting.
- The integration of Client Management with the context-based policy enforcement of Aerohive’s network infrastructure allows IT administrators to create mobile policies that utilize both network- and device-based information. This unification allows greater visibility for troubleshooting and more sophisticated policies to be created, enabling changes in network state to trigger changes in device policy.
Advanced Mobile Device Management Partnerships
- When enterprises require even more control over devices and content on those devices, including application management and securing corporate content, the Aerohive Mobility Suite also includes partnerships with leading mobile device management (MDM) vendors such as AirWatch and JAMF Software. With the Aerohive infrastructure and HiveOS™ facilitating the enrollment and enforcing the continued installation of the MDM agent software, the Aerohive solution eases the burden on IT administrators who must deal with the complex task of enrolling devices with the MDM profile and ensuring these profiles stay installed.
- Enhancements to the Aerohive-AirWatch integration allow Aerohive devices to query AirWatch management for enrollment and compliance status. When a connected device is determined to be out of compliance, the Aerohive devices can quarantine the out-of-compliance client device on the network as well as send a message to the user to remediate the device before they will be granted full access to the network again.
Pricing and Availability
- The Mobility Suite includes three main components: the Client Management application, ID Manager application, and partner integrations with AirWatch and JAMF mobile device management software.
- Client Management is available as an annual subscription sold in packs of 100 devices for $1200/year US list. Customers can take advantage of the cloud and try Client Management for free for the first 100 devices for 1 year!
- ID Manager is available to customers starting at $500/year US list for 10 concurrent guest users and as low as $2 per device/year US list for BYOD users.
- The forced enrollment integration with MDM partners is included beginning with HiveOS 6.0 as a free upgrade feature to our customers.
For more information about region-specific pricing and availability, please contact your authorized Aerohive reseller or local Aerohive office.
“Today, enterprises have a tricky balancing act to achieve as the world increasingly goes mobile--they must ensure the security and integrity of their corporate resources and data, while still allowing guests and employees the flexibility they demand for using their various devices, whether corporate-issued or part of the BYOD trend,” stated Bob Laliberte, senior analyst for ESG. In fact, ESG research indicates that IT departments report that dealing with BYOD has resulted in significant challenges regarding security risks and administrative overhead. Solutions like the Aerohive Mobility Suite allow IT administrators to help simplify the process of enabling the visibility and control required to tackle mobility management.”
“IT administrators are fighting an uphill battle as they balance both corporate security and ease of use for today’s mobile-first employees,” said David Greene, chief marketing officer, Aerohive Networks. “The Mobility Suite benefits both users and administrators. It allows users seamless mobility and access to corporate resources; and allows IT administrators to reduce their growing workloads by controlling mobile clients as an integral component of their enterprise access layer. Using the Mobility Suite, IT departments and enterprises can successfully transform their networks into platforms for mobility.”
About Aerohive Networks
Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif. The company's investors include Institutional Venture Partners (IVP), Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Lightspeed Venture Partners, New Enterprise Associates, Inc. (NEA) and Northern Light Venture Capital. For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100, follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, subscribe to our blog, join our community or become a fan on our Facebook page.
“Aerohive” is a registered trademark and HiveManager and HiveOS are trademarks of Aerohive Networks, Inc. All product and company names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
SYS-CON Events announced today that Harbinger Systems will exhibit at SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Harbinger Systems is a global company providing software technology services. Since 1990, Harbinger has developed a strong customer base worldwide. Its customers include software product companies ranging from hi-tech start-ups in Silicon Valley to leading product companies in the US a...
Oct. 4, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 711
As enterprises capture more and more data of all types – structured, semi-structured, and unstructured – data discovery requirements for business intelligence (BI), Big Data, and predictive analytics initiatives grow more complex. A company’s ability to become data-driven and compete on analytics depends on the speed with which it can provision their analytics applications with all relevant information. The task of finding data has traditionally resided with IT, but now organizations increasingl...
Oct. 4, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 350
Organizations already struggle with the simple collection of data resulting from the proliferation of IoT, lacking the right infrastructure to manage it. They can't only rely on the cloud to collect and utilize this data because many applications still require dedicated infrastructure for security, redundancy, performance, etc. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Emil Sayegh, CEO of Codero Hosting, will discuss how in order to resolve the inherent issues, companies need to combine dedicated a...
Oct. 4, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 381
Interested in leveraging automation technologies and a cloud architecture to make developers more productive? Learn how PaaS can benefit your organization to help you streamline your application development, allow you to use existing infrastructure and improve operational efficiencies. Begin charting your path to PaaS with OpenShift Enterprise.
Oct. 4, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 304
SYS-CON Events announced today that JFrog, maker of Artifactory, the popular Binary Repository Manager, will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit Silicon Valley, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Based in California, Israel and France, founded by longtime field-experts, JFrog, creator of Artifactory and Bintray, has provided the market with the first Binary Repository solution and a software distribution social platform.
Oct. 4, 2015 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 425
Clutch is now a Docker Authorized Consulting Partner, having completed Docker's certification course on the "Docker Accelerator for CI Engagements." More info about Clutch's success implementing Docker can be found here. Docker is an open platform for developers and system administrators to build, ship and run distributed applications. With Docker, IT organizations shrink application delivery from months to minutes, frictionlessly move workloads between data centers and the cloud and achieve 2...
Oct. 4, 2015 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 367
SYS-CON Events announced today that Machkey International Company will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Machkey provides advanced connectivity solutions for just about everyone. Businesses or individuals, Machkey is dedicated to provide high-quality and cost-effective products to meet all your needs.
Oct. 4, 2015 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 246
SYS-CON Events announced today that ProfitBricks, the provider of painless cloud infrastructure, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. ProfitBricks is the IaaS provider that offers a painless cloud experience for all IT users, with no learning curve. ProfitBricks boasts flexible cloud servers and networking, an integrated Data Center Designer tool for visual control over the...
Oct. 4, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 690
SYS-CON Events announced today that IBM Cloud Data Services has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. IBM Cloud Data Services offers a portfolio of integrated, best-of-breed cloud data services for developers focused on mobile computing and analytics use cases.
Oct. 4, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 526
“All our customers are looking at the cloud ecosystem as an important part of their overall product strategy. Some see it evolve as a multi-cloud / hybrid cloud strategy, while others are embracing all forms of cloud offerings like PaaS, IaaS and SaaS in their solutions,” noted Suhas Joshi, Vice President – Technology, at Harbinger Group, in this exclusive Q&A with Cloud Expo Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff.
Oct. 4, 2015 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 284
Docker is hot. However, as Docker container use spreads into more mature production pipelines, there can be issues about control of Docker images to ensure they are production-ready. Is a promotion-based model appropriate to control and track the flow of Docker images from development to production? In his session at DevOps Summit, Fred Simon, Co-founder and Chief Architect of JFrog, will demonstrate how to implement a promotion model for Docker images using a binary repository, and then show h...
Oct. 4, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 649
SYS-CON Events announced today that Agema Systems will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Agema Systems is the leading provider of critical white-box rack solutions to data centers through the major integrators and value added distribution channels.
Oct. 4, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 609
Clearly the way forward is to move to cloud be it bare metal, VMs or containers. One aspect of the current public clouds that is slowing this cloud migration is cloud lock-in. Every cloud vendor is trying to make it very difficult to move out once a customer has chosen their cloud. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Naveen Nimmu, CEO of Clouber, Inc., will advocate that making the inter-cloud migration as simple as changing airlines would help the entire industry to quickly adopt the cloud wit...
Oct. 4, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 368
Learn how Backup as a Service can help your customer base protect their data. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Stefaan Vervaet, Director of Strategic Alliances at HGST, will discuss the challenges of data protection in an era of exploding storage requirements, show you the benefits of a backup service for your cloud customers, and explain how the HGST Active Archive and CommVault are already enabling this service today with customer examples.
Oct. 4, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 644
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interface Masters Technologies, provider of leading network visibility and monitoring solutions, will exhibit at the 17th International CloudExpo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Interface Masters Technologies is a leading provider of high speed networking solutions focused on Gigabit, 10 Gigabit, 40 Gigabit and 100 Gigabit Ethernet network access and connectivity products. For over 20 ye...
Oct. 4, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 619