|By Business Wire||
|January 28, 2014 09:33 AM EST||
Aerohive Networks®, a leader in controller-less Wi-Fi and cloud-managed mobile networking for the enterprise market, today announced the Aerohive Mobility Suite, a cloud-enabled mobility management solution that simplifies the complexity caused by the influx of mobile devices. The Mobility Suite includes three main components: the Client Management application, the ID Manager application, and integration with mobile device management software partners AirWatch and JAMF Software. The Mobility Suite simplifies enterprise networking and personalizes mobility for enterprises and IT staff by extending visibility and control over mobile devices to the very edge of the network.
- The new Aerohive Mobility Suite extends management and control over a spectrum of clients, from transient guests to company-issued devices. Administrators can allow users to access the self-service portal and easily onboard devices, providing the appropriate balance of privacy and control across the complete spectrum of use cases—from those that simply require basic internet access, to devices that must have tightly controlled applications and content.
- To help enterprises tackle mobility management, Aerohive is launching the Mobility Suite to allow companies to simplify the mobile device management life cycle. The cloud-enabled mobility management solution simplifies and automates onboarding, configuration, monitoring, and troubleshooting of connected devices as well as personalizing the mobile experience for end users based on available user, application, device and network context.
- The Mobility Suite, combined with Aerohive’s Cooperative Control access points, routers, and switches, creates a unified, mobile-centric, access layer with consistent management across mobile clients and wireless or wired networks. This comprehensive solution enables lean IT departments to centrally manage and enforce policy on thousands of devices in hundreds of distributed offices.
Mobility Suite Components
- The Mobility Suite components deliver control over the complete spectrum of clients. This ranges from devices that simply require basic internet access that can be easily controlled at the network level to devices that must have tightly controlled applications and content, which must be controlled on the device.
- For enterprises that want simplified guest access enforced by the network, the Mobility Suite includes Aerohive’s ID Manager application. ID Manager provides self-service portals and kiosk-based guest registration as well as simplified delivery of access credentials via SMS, email, and even Twitter Direct Messaging. ID Manager uses Aerohive’s cloud technology to eliminate the need for additional hardware or software to deliver a scalable, simple-to-administer guest management solution that streamlines the onboarding of visitors.
- ID Manager also can be used for simplified management of BYO devices with the use of the Employee Sponsorship functionality. Employees can register for guest credentials to connect their personal devices to the guest network. Going forward, Aerohive intends to streamline this process to simplify onboarding for BYO devices that only require basic network access and no device control.
- For enterprises that require device-level control of corporate-issued and BYO devices in addition to network-level enforcement, the Mobility Suite includes Aerohive’s Client Management application.
- With the Client Management application, an IT administrator can easily onboard and provision corporate-issued and BYO devices with unique client credentials, ensuring the security of corporate resources.
- This enables device-level configuration profiles to be combined with device ownership to create personalized policies and controls for a mobile-first enterprise. IT administrators also gain unified management, with client information displayed in Aerohive’s HiveManager™ for easy monitoring and reporting.
- The integration of Client Management with the context-based policy enforcement of Aerohive’s network infrastructure allows IT administrators to create mobile policies that utilize both network- and device-based information. This unification allows greater visibility for troubleshooting and more sophisticated policies to be created, enabling changes in network state to trigger changes in device policy.
Advanced Mobile Device Management Partnerships
- When enterprises require even more control over devices and content on those devices, including application management and securing corporate content, the Aerohive Mobility Suite also includes partnerships with leading mobile device management (MDM) vendors such as AirWatch and JAMF Software. With the Aerohive infrastructure and HiveOS™ facilitating the enrollment and enforcing the continued installation of the MDM agent software, the Aerohive solution eases the burden on IT administrators who must deal with the complex task of enrolling devices with the MDM profile and ensuring these profiles stay installed.
- Enhancements to the Aerohive-AirWatch integration allow Aerohive devices to query AirWatch management for enrollment and compliance status. When a connected device is determined to be out of compliance, the Aerohive devices can quarantine the out-of-compliance client device on the network as well as send a message to the user to remediate the device before they will be granted full access to the network again.
Pricing and Availability
- The Mobility Suite includes three main components: the Client Management application, ID Manager application, and partner integrations with AirWatch and JAMF mobile device management software.
- Client Management is available as an annual subscription sold in packs of 100 devices for $1200/year US list. Customers can take advantage of the cloud and try Client Management for free for the first 100 devices for 1 year!
- ID Manager is available to customers starting at $500/year US list for 10 concurrent guest users and as low as $2 per device/year US list for BYOD users.
- The forced enrollment integration with MDM partners is included beginning with HiveOS 6.0 as a free upgrade feature to our customers.
For more information about region-specific pricing and availability, please contact your authorized Aerohive reseller or local Aerohive office.
“Today, enterprises have a tricky balancing act to achieve as the world increasingly goes mobile--they must ensure the security and integrity of their corporate resources and data, while still allowing guests and employees the flexibility they demand for using their various devices, whether corporate-issued or part of the BYOD trend,” stated Bob Laliberte, senior analyst for ESG. In fact, ESG research indicates that IT departments report that dealing with BYOD has resulted in significant challenges regarding security risks and administrative overhead. Solutions like the Aerohive Mobility Suite allow IT administrators to help simplify the process of enabling the visibility and control required to tackle mobility management.”
“IT administrators are fighting an uphill battle as they balance both corporate security and ease of use for today’s mobile-first employees,” said David Greene, chief marketing officer, Aerohive Networks. “The Mobility Suite benefits both users and administrators. It allows users seamless mobility and access to corporate resources; and allows IT administrators to reduce their growing workloads by controlling mobile clients as an integral component of their enterprise access layer. Using the Mobility Suite, IT departments and enterprises can successfully transform their networks into platforms for mobility.”
About Aerohive Networks
Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif. The company's investors include Institutional Venture Partners (IVP), Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Lightspeed Venture Partners, New Enterprise Associates, Inc. (NEA) and Northern Light Venture Capital. For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100, follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, subscribe to our blog, join our community or become a fan on our Facebook page.
“Aerohive” is a registered trademark and HiveManager and HiveOS are trademarks of Aerohive Networks, Inc. All product and company names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
Extracting business value from Internet of Things (IoT) data doesn’t happen overnight. There are several requirements that must be satisfied, including IoT device enablement, data analysis, real-time detection of complex events and automated orchestration of actions. Unfortunately, too many companies fall short in achieving their business goals by implementing incomplete solutions or not focusing on tangible use cases. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products...
Dec. 6, 2016 07:15 AM EST Reads: 706
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Dec. 6, 2016 07:15 AM EST Reads: 1,820
Businesses and business units of all sizes can benefit from cloud computing, but many don't want the cost, performance and security concerns of public cloud nor the complexity of building their own private clouds. Today, some cloud vendors are using artificial intelligence (AI) to simplify cloud deployment and management. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Ajay Gulati, Co-founder and CEO of ZeroStack, will discuss how AI can simplify cloud operations. He will cover the following topics: why clou...
Dec. 6, 2016 07:00 AM EST Reads: 799
The Internet of Things (IoT) promises to simplify and streamline our lives by automating routine tasks that distract us from our goals. This promise is based on the ubiquitous deployment of smart, connected devices that link everything from industrial control systems to automobiles to refrigerators. Unfortunately, comparatively few of the devices currently deployed have been developed with an eye toward security, and as the DDoS attacks of late October 2016 have demonstrated, this oversight can ...
Dec. 6, 2016 06:30 AM EST Reads: 1,097
Without a clear strategy for cost control and an architecture designed with cloud services in mind, costs and operational performance can quickly get out of control. To avoid multiple architectural redesigns requires extensive thought and planning. Boundary (now part of BMC) launched a new public-facing multi-tenant high resolution monitoring service on Amazon AWS two years ago, facing challenges and learning best practices in the early days of the new service. In his session at 19th Cloud Exp...
Dec. 6, 2016 06:15 AM EST Reads: 756
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Dec. 6, 2016 06:00 AM EST Reads: 457
Kubernetes is a new and revolutionary open-sourced system for managing containers across multiple hosts in a cluster. Ansible is a simple IT automation tool for just about any requirement for reproducible environments. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, Patrick Galbraith, a principal engineer at HPE, discussed how to build a fully functional Kubernetes cluster on a number of virtual machines or bare-metal hosts. Also included will be a brief demonstration of running a Galera MyS...
Dec. 6, 2016 05:45 AM EST Reads: 5,289
Internet-of-Things discussions can end up either going down the consumer gadget rabbit hole or focused on the sort of data logging that industrial manufacturers have been doing forever. However, in fact, companies today are already using IoT data both to optimize their operational technology and to improve the experience of customer interactions in novel ways. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Gordon Haff, Red Hat Technology Evangelist, will share examples from a wide range of industries – includin...
Dec. 6, 2016 05:00 AM EST Reads: 1,645
"We build IoT infrastructure products - when you have to integrate different devices, different systems and cloud you have to build an application to do that but we eliminate the need to build an application. Our products can integrate any device, any system, any cloud regardless of protocol," explained Peter Jung, Chief Product Officer at Pulzze Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 6, 2016 04:45 AM EST Reads: 998
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Dec. 6, 2016 04:30 AM EST Reads: 1,929
@DevOpsSummit at Cloud taking place June 6-8, 2017, at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long developm...
Dec. 6, 2016 04:15 AM EST Reads: 1,753
"We are an all-flash array storage provider but our focus has been on VM-aware storage specifically for virtualized applications," stated Dhiraj Sehgal of Tintri in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 6, 2016 03:45 AM EST Reads: 819
Between 2005 and 2020, data volumes will grow by a factor of 300 – enough data to stack CDs from the earth to the moon 162 times. This has come to be known as the ‘big data’ phenomenon. Unfortunately, traditional approaches to handling, storing and analyzing data aren’t adequate at this scale: they’re too costly, slow and physically cumbersome to keep up. Fortunately, in response a new breed of technology has emerged that is cheaper, faster and more scalable. Yet, in meeting these new needs they...
Dec. 6, 2016 01:00 AM EST Reads: 1,848
"We're a cybersecurity firm that specializes in engineering security solutions both at the software and hardware level. Security cannot be an after-the-fact afterthought, which is what it's become," stated Richard Blech, Chief Executive Officer at Secure Channels, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 6, 2016 12:45 AM EST Reads: 853
When it comes to cloud computing, the ability to turn massive amounts of compute cores on and off on demand sounds attractive to IT staff, who need to manage peaks and valleys in user activity. With cloud bursting, the majority of the data can stay on premises while tapping into compute from public cloud providers, reducing risk and minimizing need to move large files. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Scott Jeschonek, Director of Product Management at Avere Systems, discussed the IT and busin...
Dec. 6, 2016 12:30 AM EST Reads: 3,890