|By Business Wire||
|January 28, 2014 09:33 AM EST||
Aerohive Networks®, a leader in controller-less Wi-Fi and cloud-managed mobile networking for the enterprise market, today announced the Aerohive Mobility Suite, a cloud-enabled mobility management solution that simplifies the complexity caused by the influx of mobile devices. The Mobility Suite includes three main components: the Client Management application, the ID Manager application, and integration with mobile device management software partners AirWatch and JAMF Software. The Mobility Suite simplifies enterprise networking and personalizes mobility for enterprises and IT staff by extending visibility and control over mobile devices to the very edge of the network.
- The new Aerohive Mobility Suite extends management and control over a spectrum of clients, from transient guests to company-issued devices. Administrators can allow users to access the self-service portal and easily onboard devices, providing the appropriate balance of privacy and control across the complete spectrum of use cases—from those that simply require basic internet access, to devices that must have tightly controlled applications and content.
- To help enterprises tackle mobility management, Aerohive is launching the Mobility Suite to allow companies to simplify the mobile device management life cycle. The cloud-enabled mobility management solution simplifies and automates onboarding, configuration, monitoring, and troubleshooting of connected devices as well as personalizing the mobile experience for end users based on available user, application, device and network context.
- The Mobility Suite, combined with Aerohive’s Cooperative Control access points, routers, and switches, creates a unified, mobile-centric, access layer with consistent management across mobile clients and wireless or wired networks. This comprehensive solution enables lean IT departments to centrally manage and enforce policy on thousands of devices in hundreds of distributed offices.
Mobility Suite Components
- The Mobility Suite components deliver control over the complete spectrum of clients. This ranges from devices that simply require basic internet access that can be easily controlled at the network level to devices that must have tightly controlled applications and content, which must be controlled on the device.
- For enterprises that want simplified guest access enforced by the network, the Mobility Suite includes Aerohive’s ID Manager application. ID Manager provides self-service portals and kiosk-based guest registration as well as simplified delivery of access credentials via SMS, email, and even Twitter Direct Messaging. ID Manager uses Aerohive’s cloud technology to eliminate the need for additional hardware or software to deliver a scalable, simple-to-administer guest management solution that streamlines the onboarding of visitors.
- ID Manager also can be used for simplified management of BYO devices with the use of the Employee Sponsorship functionality. Employees can register for guest credentials to connect their personal devices to the guest network. Going forward, Aerohive intends to streamline this process to simplify onboarding for BYO devices that only require basic network access and no device control.
- For enterprises that require device-level control of corporate-issued and BYO devices in addition to network-level enforcement, the Mobility Suite includes Aerohive’s Client Management application.
- With the Client Management application, an IT administrator can easily onboard and provision corporate-issued and BYO devices with unique client credentials, ensuring the security of corporate resources.
- This enables device-level configuration profiles to be combined with device ownership to create personalized policies and controls for a mobile-first enterprise. IT administrators also gain unified management, with client information displayed in Aerohive’s HiveManager™ for easy monitoring and reporting.
- The integration of Client Management with the context-based policy enforcement of Aerohive’s network infrastructure allows IT administrators to create mobile policies that utilize both network- and device-based information. This unification allows greater visibility for troubleshooting and more sophisticated policies to be created, enabling changes in network state to trigger changes in device policy.
Advanced Mobile Device Management Partnerships
- When enterprises require even more control over devices and content on those devices, including application management and securing corporate content, the Aerohive Mobility Suite also includes partnerships with leading mobile device management (MDM) vendors such as AirWatch and JAMF Software. With the Aerohive infrastructure and HiveOS™ facilitating the enrollment and enforcing the continued installation of the MDM agent software, the Aerohive solution eases the burden on IT administrators who must deal with the complex task of enrolling devices with the MDM profile and ensuring these profiles stay installed.
- Enhancements to the Aerohive-AirWatch integration allow Aerohive devices to query AirWatch management for enrollment and compliance status. When a connected device is determined to be out of compliance, the Aerohive devices can quarantine the out-of-compliance client device on the network as well as send a message to the user to remediate the device before they will be granted full access to the network again.
Pricing and Availability
- The Mobility Suite includes three main components: the Client Management application, ID Manager application, and partner integrations with AirWatch and JAMF mobile device management software.
- Client Management is available as an annual subscription sold in packs of 100 devices for $1200/year US list. Customers can take advantage of the cloud and try Client Management for free for the first 100 devices for 1 year!
- ID Manager is available to customers starting at $500/year US list for 10 concurrent guest users and as low as $2 per device/year US list for BYOD users.
- The forced enrollment integration with MDM partners is included beginning with HiveOS 6.0 as a free upgrade feature to our customers.
For more information about region-specific pricing and availability, please contact your authorized Aerohive reseller or local Aerohive office.
“Today, enterprises have a tricky balancing act to achieve as the world increasingly goes mobile--they must ensure the security and integrity of their corporate resources and data, while still allowing guests and employees the flexibility they demand for using their various devices, whether corporate-issued or part of the BYOD trend,” stated Bob Laliberte, senior analyst for ESG. In fact, ESG research indicates that IT departments report that dealing with BYOD has resulted in significant challenges regarding security risks and administrative overhead. Solutions like the Aerohive Mobility Suite allow IT administrators to help simplify the process of enabling the visibility and control required to tackle mobility management.”
“IT administrators are fighting an uphill battle as they balance both corporate security and ease of use for today’s mobile-first employees,” said David Greene, chief marketing officer, Aerohive Networks. “The Mobility Suite benefits both users and administrators. It allows users seamless mobility and access to corporate resources; and allows IT administrators to reduce their growing workloads by controlling mobile clients as an integral component of their enterprise access layer. Using the Mobility Suite, IT departments and enterprises can successfully transform their networks into platforms for mobility.”
About Aerohive Networks
Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif. The company's investors include Institutional Venture Partners (IVP), Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Lightspeed Venture Partners, New Enterprise Associates, Inc. (NEA) and Northern Light Venture Capital. For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100, follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, subscribe to our blog, join our community or become a fan on our Facebook page.
“Aerohive” is a registered trademark and HiveManager and HiveOS are trademarks of Aerohive Networks, Inc. All product and company names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
All organizations that did not originate this moment have a pre-existing culture as well as legacy technology and processes that can be more or less amenable to DevOps implementation. That organizational culture is influenced by the personalities and management styles of Executive Management, the wider culture in which the organization is situated, and the personalities of key team members at all levels of the organization. This culture and entrenched interests usually throw a wrench in the work...
Apr. 30, 2017 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,014
With billions of sensors deployed worldwide, the amount of machine-generated data will soon exceed what our networks can handle. But consumers and businesses will expect seamless experiences and real-time responsiveness. What does this mean for IoT devices and the infrastructure that supports them? More of the data will need to be handled at - or closer to - the devices themselves.
Apr. 30, 2017 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,186
Building a cross-cloud operational model can be a daunting task. Per-cloud silos are not the answer, but neither is a fully generic abstraction plane that strips out capabilities unique to a particular provider. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Wolf, VP & Chief Technology Officer, Global Field & Industry at VMware, will discuss how successful organizations approach cloud operations and management, with insights into where operations should be centralized and when it’s best to decentraliz...
Apr. 30, 2017 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,078
Join IBM November 2 at 19th Cloud Expo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, and learn how to go beyond multi-speed it to bring agility to traditional enterprise applications. Technology innovation is the driving force behind modern business and enterprises must respond by increasing the speed and efficiency of software delivery. The challenge is that existing enterprise applications are expensive to develop and difficult to modernize. This often results in what Gartner calls ...
Apr. 29, 2017 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,379
Translating agile methodology into real-world best practices within the modern software factory has driven widespread DevOps adoption, yet much work remains to expand workflows and tooling across the enterprise. As models evolve from pockets of experimentation into wholescale organizational reinvention, practitioners find themselves challenged to incorporate the culture and architecture necessary to support DevOps at scale. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Anand Akela, Senior...
Apr. 29, 2017 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,021
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Apr. 29, 2017 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 9,238
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Apr. 29, 2017 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,802
Multiple data types are pouring into IoT deployments. Data is coming in small packages as well as enormous files and data streams of many sizes. Widespread use of mobile devices adds to the total. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists will look at the tools and environments that are being put to use in IoT deployments, as well as the team skills a modern enterprise IT shop needs to keep things running, get a handle on all this data, and deli...
Apr. 29, 2017 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,773
Grape Up is a software company, specialized in cloud native application development and professional services related to Cloud Foundry PaaS. With five expert teams that operate in various sectors of the market across the USA and Europe, we work with a variety of customers from emerging startups to Fortune 1000 companies.
Apr. 29, 2017 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,594
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Apr. 29, 2017 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,737
Financial Technology has become a topic of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities. Accordingly, attendees at the upcoming 20th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York, June 6-8, 2017, will find fresh new content in a new track called FinTech.
Apr. 29, 2017 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,633
SYS-CON Events announced today that CollabNet, a global leader in enterprise software development, release automation and DevOps solutions, will be a Bronze Sponsor of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, taking place from June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. CollabNet offers a broad range of solutions with the mission of helping modern organizations deliver quality software at speed. The company’s latest innovation, the DevOps Lifecycle Manager (DLM), supports Value S...
Apr. 29, 2017 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,435
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 add...
Apr. 29, 2017 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,278
The Internet of Things is clearly many things: data collection and analytics, wearables, Smart Grids and Smart Cities, the Industrial Internet, and more. Cool platforms like Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Intel's Galileo and Edison, and a diverse world of sensors are making the IoT a great toy box for developers in all these areas. In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists discussed what things are the most important, which will have the most profound e...
Apr. 29, 2017 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,550
Automation is enabling enterprises to design, deploy, and manage more complex, hybrid cloud environments. Yet the people who manage these environments must be trained in and understanding these environments better than ever before. A new era of analytics and cognitive computing is adding intelligence, but also more complexity, to these cloud environments. How smart is your cloud? How smart should it be? In this power panel at 20th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, pane...
Apr. 29, 2017 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,555