|By Business Wire||
|January 28, 2014 09:33 AM EST||
Aerohive Networks®, a leader in controller-less Wi-Fi and cloud-managed mobile networking for the enterprise market, today announced the Aerohive Mobility Suite, a cloud-enabled mobility management solution that simplifies the complexity caused by the influx of mobile devices. The Mobility Suite includes three main components: the Client Management application, the ID Manager application, and integration with mobile device management software partners AirWatch and JAMF Software. The Mobility Suite simplifies enterprise networking and personalizes mobility for enterprises and IT staff by extending visibility and control over mobile devices to the very edge of the network.
- The new Aerohive Mobility Suite extends management and control over a spectrum of clients, from transient guests to company-issued devices. Administrators can allow users to access the self-service portal and easily onboard devices, providing the appropriate balance of privacy and control across the complete spectrum of use cases—from those that simply require basic internet access, to devices that must have tightly controlled applications and content.
- To help enterprises tackle mobility management, Aerohive is launching the Mobility Suite to allow companies to simplify the mobile device management life cycle. The cloud-enabled mobility management solution simplifies and automates onboarding, configuration, monitoring, and troubleshooting of connected devices as well as personalizing the mobile experience for end users based on available user, application, device and network context.
- The Mobility Suite, combined with Aerohive’s Cooperative Control access points, routers, and switches, creates a unified, mobile-centric, access layer with consistent management across mobile clients and wireless or wired networks. This comprehensive solution enables lean IT departments to centrally manage and enforce policy on thousands of devices in hundreds of distributed offices.
Mobility Suite Components
- The Mobility Suite components deliver control over the complete spectrum of clients. This ranges from devices that simply require basic internet access that can be easily controlled at the network level to devices that must have tightly controlled applications and content, which must be controlled on the device.
- For enterprises that want simplified guest access enforced by the network, the Mobility Suite includes Aerohive’s ID Manager application. ID Manager provides self-service portals and kiosk-based guest registration as well as simplified delivery of access credentials via SMS, email, and even Twitter Direct Messaging. ID Manager uses Aerohive’s cloud technology to eliminate the need for additional hardware or software to deliver a scalable, simple-to-administer guest management solution that streamlines the onboarding of visitors.
- ID Manager also can be used for simplified management of BYO devices with the use of the Employee Sponsorship functionality. Employees can register for guest credentials to connect their personal devices to the guest network. Going forward, Aerohive intends to streamline this process to simplify onboarding for BYO devices that only require basic network access and no device control.
- For enterprises that require device-level control of corporate-issued and BYO devices in addition to network-level enforcement, the Mobility Suite includes Aerohive’s Client Management application.
- With the Client Management application, an IT administrator can easily onboard and provision corporate-issued and BYO devices with unique client credentials, ensuring the security of corporate resources.
- This enables device-level configuration profiles to be combined with device ownership to create personalized policies and controls for a mobile-first enterprise. IT administrators also gain unified management, with client information displayed in Aerohive’s HiveManager™ for easy monitoring and reporting.
- The integration of Client Management with the context-based policy enforcement of Aerohive’s network infrastructure allows IT administrators to create mobile policies that utilize both network- and device-based information. This unification allows greater visibility for troubleshooting and more sophisticated policies to be created, enabling changes in network state to trigger changes in device policy.
Advanced Mobile Device Management Partnerships
- When enterprises require even more control over devices and content on those devices, including application management and securing corporate content, the Aerohive Mobility Suite also includes partnerships with leading mobile device management (MDM) vendors such as AirWatch and JAMF Software. With the Aerohive infrastructure and HiveOS™ facilitating the enrollment and enforcing the continued installation of the MDM agent software, the Aerohive solution eases the burden on IT administrators who must deal with the complex task of enrolling devices with the MDM profile and ensuring these profiles stay installed.
- Enhancements to the Aerohive-AirWatch integration allow Aerohive devices to query AirWatch management for enrollment and compliance status. When a connected device is determined to be out of compliance, the Aerohive devices can quarantine the out-of-compliance client device on the network as well as send a message to the user to remediate the device before they will be granted full access to the network again.
Pricing and Availability
- The Mobility Suite includes three main components: the Client Management application, ID Manager application, and partner integrations with AirWatch and JAMF mobile device management software.
- Client Management is available as an annual subscription sold in packs of 100 devices for $1200/year US list. Customers can take advantage of the cloud and try Client Management for free for the first 100 devices for 1 year!
- ID Manager is available to customers starting at $500/year US list for 10 concurrent guest users and as low as $2 per device/year US list for BYOD users.
- The forced enrollment integration with MDM partners is included beginning with HiveOS 6.0 as a free upgrade feature to our customers.
For more information about region-specific pricing and availability, please contact your authorized Aerohive reseller or local Aerohive office.
“Today, enterprises have a tricky balancing act to achieve as the world increasingly goes mobile--they must ensure the security and integrity of their corporate resources and data, while still allowing guests and employees the flexibility they demand for using their various devices, whether corporate-issued or part of the BYOD trend,” stated Bob Laliberte, senior analyst for ESG. In fact, ESG research indicates that IT departments report that dealing with BYOD has resulted in significant challenges regarding security risks and administrative overhead. Solutions like the Aerohive Mobility Suite allow IT administrators to help simplify the process of enabling the visibility and control required to tackle mobility management.”
“IT administrators are fighting an uphill battle as they balance both corporate security and ease of use for today’s mobile-first employees,” said David Greene, chief marketing officer, Aerohive Networks. “The Mobility Suite benefits both users and administrators. It allows users seamless mobility and access to corporate resources; and allows IT administrators to reduce their growing workloads by controlling mobile clients as an integral component of their enterprise access layer. Using the Mobility Suite, IT departments and enterprises can successfully transform their networks into platforms for mobility.”
About Aerohive Networks
Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif. The company's investors include Institutional Venture Partners (IVP), Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Lightspeed Venture Partners, New Enterprise Associates, Inc. (NEA) and Northern Light Venture Capital. For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100, follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, subscribe to our blog, join our community or become a fan on our Facebook page.
“Aerohive” is a registered trademark and HiveManager and HiveOS are trademarks of Aerohive Networks, Inc. All product and company names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
The best way to leverage your Cloud Expo presence as a sponsor and exhibitor is to plan your news announcements around our events. The press covering Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo will have access to these releases and will amplify your news announcements. More than two dozen Cloud companies either set deals at our shows or have announced their mergers and acquisitions at Cloud Expo. Product announcements during our show provide your company with the most reach through our targeted audiences.
Oct. 24, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 4,727
In the next five to ten years, millions, if not billions of things will become smarter. This smartness goes beyond connected things in our homes like the fridge, thermostat and fancy lighting, and into heavily regulated industries including aerospace, pharmaceutical/medical devices and energy. “Smartness” will embed itself within individual products that are part of our daily lives. We will engage with smart products - learning from them, informing them, and communicating with them. Smart produc...
Oct. 24, 2016 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,492
Extreme Computing is the ability to leverage highly performant infrastructure and software to accelerate Big Data, machine learning, HPC, and Enterprise applications. High IOPS Storage, low-latency networks, in-memory databases, GPUs and other parallel accelerators are being used to achieve faster results and help businesses make better decisions. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at NVIDIA, focused on some of the unique ways extreme computing is...
Oct. 24, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,895
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Oct. 24, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,624
SYS-CON Events announced today that Coalfire will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Coalfire is the trusted leader in cybersecurity risk management and compliance services. Coalfire integrates advisory and technical assessments and recommendations to the corporate directors, executives, boards, and IT organizations for global brands and organizations in the technology, cloud, health...
Oct. 24, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,564
In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Claude Remillard, Principal Program Manager in Developer Division at Microsoft, will contrast how his team used config as code and immutable patterns for continuous delivery of microservices and apps to the cloud. He will show the immutable patterns helps developers do away with most of the complexity of config as code-enabling scenarios such as rollback, zero downtime upgrades with far greater simplicity. He will also have live demos of building immutable pipe...
Oct. 24, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,578
SYS-CON Events announced today that Transparent Cloud Computing (T-Cloud) Consortium will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The Transparent Cloud Computing Consortium (T-Cloud Consortium) will conduct research activities into changes in the computing model as a result of collaboration between "device" and "cloud" and the creation of new value and markets through organic data proces...
Oct. 24, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,363
The Internet of Things (IoT), in all its myriad manifestations, has great potential. Much of that potential comes from the evolving data management and analytic (DMA) technologies and processes that allow us to gain insight from all of the IoT data that can be generated and gathered. This potential may never be met as those data sets are tied to specific industry verticals and single markets, with no clear way to use IoT data and sensor analytics to fulfill the hype being given the IoT today.
Oct. 24, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,596
WebRTC defines no default signaling protocol, causing fragmentation between WebRTC silos. SIP and XMPP provide possibilities, but come with considerable complexity and are not designed for use in a web environment. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Matthew Hodgson, technical co-founder of the Matrix.org, discussed how Matrix is a new non-profit Open Source Project that defines both a new HTTP-based standard for VoIP & IM signaling and provides reference implementations.
Oct. 24, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,753
In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lee Atchison, Principal Cloud Architect and Advocate at New Relic, discussed cloud as a ‘better data center’ and how it adds new capacity (faster) and improves application availability (redundancy). The cloud is a ‘Dynamic Tool for Dynamic Apps’ and resource allocation is an integral part of your application architecture, so use only the resources you need and allocate /de-allocate resources on the fly.
Oct. 24, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,718
As data explodes in quantity, importance and from new sources, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and cloud environments grow with it. Managing data includes protecting it, indexing and classifying it for true, long-term management, compliance and E-Discovery. Commvault can ensure this with a single pane of glass solution – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enter...
Oct. 24, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,401
Traditional on-premises data centers have long been the domain of modern data platforms like Apache Hadoop, meaning companies who build their business on public cloud were challenged to run Big Data processing and analytics at scale. But recent advancements in Hadoop performance, security, and most importantly cloud-native integrations, are giving organizations the ability to truly gain value from all their data. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, David Tishgart, Director of Product Marketing ...
Oct. 24, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,553
So you think you are a DevOps warrior, huh? Put your money (not really, it’s free) where your metrics are and prove it by taking The Ultimate DevOps Geek Quiz Challenge, sponsored by DevOps Summit. Battle through the set of tough questions created by industry thought leaders to earn your bragging rights and win some cool prizes.
Oct. 24, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 4,009
We're entering the post-smartphone era, where wearable gadgets from watches and fitness bands to glasses and health aids will power the next technological revolution. With mass adoption of wearable devices comes a new data ecosystem that must be protected. Wearables open new pathways that facilitate the tracking, sharing and storing of consumers’ personal health, location and daily activity data. Consumers have some idea of the data these devices capture, but most don’t realize how revealing and...
Oct. 24, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,945
A completely new computing platform is on the horizon. They’re called Microservers by some, ARM Servers by others, and sometimes even ARM-based Servers. No matter what you call them, Microservers will have a huge impact on the data center and on server computing in general. Although few people are familiar with Microservers today, their impact will be felt very soon. This is a new category of computing platform that is available today and is predicted to have triple-digit growth rates for some ...
Oct. 24, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 34,154