|By PR Newswire||
|January 29, 2014 12:01 AM EST||
VISALIA, Calif., Jan. 29, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- AT&T* has expanded the nation's most reliable 4G LTE network** to Hanford bringing more customers the latest generation of wireless network technology. AT&T launched 4G LTE in Visalia-Porterville in June 2013, and the expanded coverage in Hanford is part of its ongoing rollout across the market.
AT&T 4G LTE coverage now includes parts of Visalia, Porterville and Hanford.
Watch here to see several of the benefits AT&T 4G LTE provides, including:
- Faster speeds. LTE technology is capable of delivering mobile Internet speeds up to 10 times faster than 3G***. Customers can stream, download, upload and game faster than ever before.
- Reliability. AT&T has the most reliable 4G LTE network. Based on our analysis of Nielsen data, AT&T has the highest success rate for delivering mobile content across nationwide 4G LTE networks.
- Cool new devices. AT&T offers several LTE-compatible devices, including new AT&T 4G LTE smartphones and tablets.
- Faster response time. LTE technology offers lower latency, or the processing time it takes to move data through a network, such as how long it takes to start downloading a webpage or file once you've sent the request. Lower latency helps to improve services like mobile gaming, two-way video calling and telemedicine.
- More efficient use of spectrum. Wireless spectrum is a finite resource, and LTE uses spectrum more efficiently than other technologies, creating more space to carry data traffic and services and to deliver a better network experience.
"We've seen positive response from customers on our 4G LTE launch, and as today's expansion shows, we're continuing our rollout of fast 4G LTE speeds to more areas of Visalia, Porterville, and Hanford," said Terry Stenzel, AT&T Vice President and General Manager for Northern California and Northern Nevada
AT&T's 4G Network
This expansion is part of AT&T's Velocity IP (VIP) Plan, a three-year investment plan announced in Fall 2012 to expand and enhance its IP broadband networks. Through this investment, AT&T is supporting its customers' growing desire for high-speed Internet access and new mobile, app and cloud-based services. As part of VIP, AT&T plans to add macro cell sites nationwide by year-end 2015, as well as deploy small cells and add Distributed Antenna Systems to increase the density of its wireless network.
AT&T's innovation and investment have resulted in a nationwide 4G network with ultra-fast speeds and a consistent user experience. The great performance of AT&T's 4G LTE network continues to be validated by independent third-party testing:
- Our 4G LTE service was recognized as having faster average download and upload speeds than any of our competitors in PCWorld/TechHive's most recent 20-market speed tests — the second consecutive year that AT&T has ranked first overall. PCWorld/TechHive also ranked AT&T's as the fastest combination of 3G and 4G services in the 20 cities it tested.****
- And AT&T was named America's fastest 4G LTE network in PC Magazine's 2013 Fastest Mobile Networks 30-market study — and also swept the top rankings in all six U.S. regions from coast to coast: Northeast, Southeast, North-Central, South-Central, Northwest and Southwest.*****
AT&T's focus to deliver the best possible mobile Internet experience goes beyond 4G to embrace additional connection technologies. AT&T operates the nation's largest Wi-Fi network******* including more than 32,000 AT&T Wi-Fi Hot Spots at popular restaurants, hotels, bookstores and retailers, and provides access to more than 461,000 hotspots globally through roaming agreements. Most AT&T smartphone customers get access to our entire national Wi-Fi network at no additional cost, and Wi-Fi usage doesn't count against customers' monthly wireless data plans.
AT&T also is a leading developer of Distributed Antenna Systems, which utilize multiple small antennas to maximize coverage and speed within stadiums, convention centers, office buildings, hotels and other areas where traditional coverage methods are challenging.
From 2007 to 2012, AT&T invested more than $116 billion into its wireless and wireline networks across the country. Since 2007, AT&T has invested more capital into the U.S. economy than any other public company. In a September 2013 report, the Progressive Policy Institute ranked AT&T No. 1 on its list of U.S. "Investment Heroes."
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
** Limited 4G LTE availability in select markets. LTE is a trademark of ETSI.. AT&T's 4G LTE reliability claim based on analysis of data network connection and data transaction success rates reported by Nielsen during network tests conducted across 211 markets from July 2012 to July 2013, and compares carriers with nationwide 4G LTE networks.*** 4G LTE device and data plan required.
***Up to 10x claim compares 4G LTE download speeds to industry average 3G download speeds. Learn more about 4G LTE at att.com/network.
**** PCWorld/TechHive, May 23, 2013, "AT&T clocks best overall speeds with 3G/4G combo"
***** PC Magazine, June 17, 2013; http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2420333,00.asp
******* A Wi-Fi enabled device required. Other restrictions apply. See www.attwifi.com for details and locations.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) is a premier communications holding company and one of the most honored companies in the world. Its subsidiaries and affiliates – AT&T operating companies – are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and internationally. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation's most reliable 4G LTE network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet, voice and cloud-based services. A leader in mobile Internet, AT&T also offers the best wireless coverage worldwide of any U.S. carrier, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV service with the AT&T U-verse® brand. The company's suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world.
Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://about.att.com or follow our news on Twitter at @ATT, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/att and YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/att.
© 2014 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
Cautionary Language Concerning Forward-Looking Statements
Information set forth in this press release contains financial estimates and other forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties, and actual results might differ materially. A discussion of factors that may affect future results is contained in AT&T's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. AT&T disclaims any obligation to update and revise statements contained in this news release based on new information or otherwise.
SOURCE AT&T Inc.
Aug. 28, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,908
Aug. 28, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 696
Aug. 28, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,479
Aug. 28, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 727
Aug. 28, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,646
Aug. 28, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,412
Aug. 28, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 836
Aug. 28, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 669
Aug. 28, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,949
Aug. 28, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 684
Aug. 28, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,118
Aug. 28, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 842
Aug. 28, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 4,021
Aug. 28, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 883
StarNet Communications Corp has announced the addition of three Secure Remote Desktop modules to its flagship X-Win32 PC X server. The new modules enable X-Win32 to safely tunnel the remote desktops from Linux and Unix servers to the user’s PC over encrypted SSH. Traditionally, users of PC X servers deploy the XDMCP protocol to display remote desktop environments such as the Gnome and KDE desktops on Linux servers and the CDE environment on Solaris Unix machines. XDMCP is used primarily on comp...
Aug. 28, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 721