|By Business Wire||
|January 29, 2014 08:15 AM EST||
Adaptive Computing, the company that powers many of the world’s largest private/hybrid cloud and technical computing environments with its Moab optimization and scheduling software, today announced its top predictions on the future of computing and big data analytics for 2014 and beyond. Adaptive Computing’s predictions encompass several emerging trends – including the collision of cloud computing, High-Performance Computing (HPC) and big data – that are expected to accelerate the ways enterprises extract insights from their data.
Adaptive Computing solidified its predictions after new findings from a hands-on survey the company recently conducted in Q4 of 2013 at the Supercomputing, HP Discover and the Gartner Data Center conferences in December 2013. More than 400 data center managers, administrators and users participated in the Adaptive Computing survey from a number of vertical markets, including education, oil and gas, financial and insurance services, government, manufacturing, technology software and telecommunications.
“The speed, accuracy and cost at which enterprises can process big data analytics is the new competitive battleground, and we expect the need for results to greatly impact computing in 2014 and beyond,” said Rob Clyde, CEO of Adaptive Computing. “In our estimation, big data requires a streamlined approach to a complex data analysis and simulation process that can manage all resources across multiple computing platforms. Because Moab can broker resources over HPC, cloud and big data platforms and optimize data center resources by efficiently scheduling compute jobs, it is uniquely positioned to enable the enterprise to better leverage big data for game-changing, data-driven decisions.”
Adaptive Computing’s 2014 predictions include:
- Enterprises will combine computing resources for a better big data solution. According to Adaptive Computing’s survey, 91 percent of organizations believe some combination of big data, HPC or cloud should occur. As the collision of cloud computing, HPC and big data intensifies, Adaptive Computing predicts that organizations will gain a competitive advantage by investing in software capable of scheduling and optimizing data center resources, which increases utilization by simultaneously orchestrating compute jobs over multiple computing platforms.
- More organizations will turn to HPC as a big data solution. According to Adaptive Computing’s survey, 44 percent of organizations use HPC as a big data solution. As HPC hardware costs continue to decrease, Adaptive Computing forecasts that HPC will become an attainable big data solution for more organizations, including midmarket enterprise companies.
- Big data analysis process will become more automated. The majority of organizations (84 percent) have a manual process to analyze big data, according to Adaptive Computing’s survey. A manual approach is time-consuming and typically results in underutilized, siloed computing environments, which explains why 90 percent of survey respondents would achieve greater satisfaction from a better analysis process or workflow. To process simulations and data analysis more effectively, Adaptive Computing predicts that more organizations will automate the workflow, minimizing costly and error-prone manual work.
- The volume and complexity of big data workflows will begin to impact businesses on a larger scale. Adaptive Computing’s survey found that 72 percent of organizations believe workflow impacts their business. This is due to the complexities that accompany setting up different types of data sets and databases, and the corresponding application needed for each job. Running compute- and data-intensive big data workflows with no automation tends to cause logjams and delay results. Adaptive Computing foresees greater emphasis on automating workflows to eliminate logjams and help extract key information from big data, accelerating insights for the business.
- More efficient big data analytics will increase revenue streams. Research published by Gartner in January 2014 titled “User Survey Analysis: Driving Efficiency and Reducing Cost Is King When It Comes to Decision Making for New Technology Solutions” found that ”mobility, big data and analytics were rated as being of greater importance to an organization’s strategy than social.” “This aligns well with the data received from a recent vendor survey conducted by Gartner in which 2,015 providers expect analytics to account for three times the revenue stream of social.” Adaptive Computing predicts that big data analytics will drive greater revenue by increasing efficiency, reducing internal costs and enabling new business models.
To learn more about Adaptive Computing, visit www.adaptivecomputing.com.
About Adaptive Computing
Adaptive Computing powers many of the world’s largest private/hybrid cloud and technical computing environments with its award-winning Moab optimization and scheduling software. Moab enables large enterprises in oil and gas, financial, manufacturing, research and government to perform simulations and analyze Big Data faster, more accurately and most cost effectively. Moab gives enterprises a competitive advantage, inspiring them to develop cancer-curing treatments, discover the origins of the universe, lower energy prices, manufacture better products, improve the economic landscape and pursue game-changing endeavors. Adaptive is a pioneer in private/hybrid cloud, technical computing and large-scale scheduling, holding 30+ patents. Adaptive’s flagship products include:
For more information, call (801) 717-3700 or visit www.adaptivecomputing.com.
NOTE TO EDITORS: If you would like additional information on Adaptive Computing and its products, please visit the Adaptive Computing Newsroom at http://www.adaptivecomputing.com/category/news/. All prices noted are in U.S. dollars and are valid only in the United States.
SYS-CON Events announced today that Isomorphic Software will exhibit at DevOps Summit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Isomorphic Software provides the SmartClient HTML5/AJAX platform, the most advanced technology for building rich, cutting-edge enterprise web applications for desktop and mobile. SmartClient combines the productivity and performance of traditional desktop software with the simp...
Jul. 30, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,315
"We've discovered that after shows 80% if leads that people get, 80% of the conversations end up on the show floor, meaning people forget about it, people forget who they talk to, people forget that there are actual business opportunities to be had here so we try to help out and keep the conversations going," explained Jeff Mesnik, Founder and President of ContentMX, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 30, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,492
"When you think about the data center today, there's constant evolution, The evolution of the data center and the needs of the consumer of technology change, and they change constantly," stated Matt Kalmenson, VP of Sales, Service and Cloud Providers at Veeam Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 30, 2016 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,525
Redis is not only the fastest database, but it is the most popular among the new wave of databases running in containers. Redis speeds up just about every data interaction between your users or operational systems. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Dave Nielsen, Developer Advocate, Redis Labs, will share the functions and data structures used to solve everyday use cases that are driving Redis' popularity.
Jul. 30, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,761
I wanted to gather all of my Internet of Things (IOT) blogs into a single blog (that I could later use with my University of San Francisco (USF) Big Data “MBA” course). However as I started to pull these blogs together, I realized that my IOT discussion lacked a vision; it lacked an end point towards which an organization could drive their IOT envisioning, proof of value, app dev, data engineering and data science efforts. And I think that the IOT end point is really quite simple…
Jul. 30, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,317
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Jul. 30, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,771
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Jul. 30, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,304
"My role is working with customers, helping them go through this digital transformation. I spend a lot of time talking to banks, big industries, manufacturers working through how they are integrating and transforming their IT platforms and moving them forward," explained William Morrish, General Manager Product Sales at Interoute, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 30, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,275
To leverage Continuous Delivery, enterprises must consider impacts that span functional silos, as well as applications that touch older, slower moving components. Managing the many dependencies can cause slowdowns. See how to achieve continuous delivery in the enterprise.
Jul. 30, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 580
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, discussed the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to focus...
Jul. 30, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,122
Up until last year, enterprises that were looking into cloud services usually undertook a long-term pilot with one of the large cloud providers, running test and dev workloads in the cloud. With cloud’s transition to mainstream adoption in 2015, and with enterprises migrating more and more workloads into the cloud and in between public and private environments, the single-provider approach must be revisited. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Yoav Mor, multi-cloud solution evangelist at Cloudy...
Jul. 30, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 639
Aspose.Total for .NET is the most complete package of all file format APIs for .NET as offered by Aspose. It empowers developers to create, edit, render, print and convert between a wide range of popular document formats within any .NET, C#, ASP.NET and VB.NET applications. Aspose compiles all .NET APIs on a daily basis to ensure that it contains the most up to date versions of each of Aspose .NET APIs. If a new .NET API or a new version of existing APIs is released during the subscription peri...
Jul. 30, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,070
Security, data privacy, reliability, and regulatory compliance are critical factors when evaluating whether to move business applications from in-house, client-hosted environments to a cloud platform. Quality assurance plays a vital role in ensuring that the appropriate level of risk assessment, verification, and validation takes place to ensure business continuity during the migration to a new cloud platform.
Jul. 30, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 538
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Jul. 30, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 982
Ovum, a leading technology analyst firm, has published an in-depth report, Ovum Decision Matrix: Selecting a DevOps Release Management Solution, 2016–17. The report focuses on the automation aspects of DevOps, Release Management and compares solutions from the leading vendors.
Jul. 30, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,863