|By PR Newswire||
|January 30, 2014 05:42 AM EST||
SAO PAULO, Jan. 30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The main figures obtained by Bradesco (NYSE: BBD, BBDO; Latibex: XBBDC; BM&FBOVESPA: BBDC3, BBDC4) in 2013 are presented below:
- Adjusted Net Income(1) for 2013 stood at R$12.202 billion (a 5.9% increase compared to the R$11.523 billion recorded in the same period last year), corresponding to earnings per share of R$2.91 and Return on Average Adjusted Shareholders' Equity(2) of 18.0%.
- Adjusted Net Income is composed of R$8.462 billion from financial activities, representing 69.3% of the total, and R$3.740 billion from insurance, pension plan and capitalization bond operations, which accounted for 30.7%.
- On December 31, 2013, Bradesco's market capitalization stood at R$128.085 billion(3). As of May 2013, Bradesco common shares compose the Ibovespa index.
- Total Assets stood at R$908.139 billion in December 2013, a 3.3% increase over the same period in 2012. Return on Total Average Assets was 1.4%.
- The Expanded Loan Portfolio(4) stood at R$427.273 billion in December 2013, up 10.8% during the same period in 2012. Operations with individuals totaled R$130.750 billion (up 11.2% on December 2012), while operations with companies totaled R$296.523 billion (up 10.6% on December 2012).
- Assets under Management stood at R$1.260 trillion, a 2.8% increase from December 2012.
- Shareholders' Equity stood at R$70.940 billion in December 2013, up 1.3% on December 2012. Capital Adequacy Ratio (Basel III) stood at 16.6% in December 2013, 12.3% of which fell under Tier I Capital.
- Interest on Shareholders' Equity and Dividends were paid and recorded in provision to shareholders totaling R$4.078 billion on income for 2013, R$1.803 billion of which was paid as monthly and interim interest and R$2.275 billion was recorded in provision.
- Interest Financial Margin stood at R$42.686 billion, up 1.6% in comparison with 2012.
- The Delinquency Ratio over 90 days dropped 0.6 p.p. in the last 12 months and stood at 3.5% on December 31, 2013 (4.1% on December 31, 2012).
- The Efficiency Ratio(5) in December 2013 stood at 42.1% (41.5% in December 2012), whereas the "adjusted to risk" ratio stood at 52.1%, (52.7% in December 2012).
- Insurance Written Premiums, Pension Plan Contributions and Capitalization Bond Income totaled R$49.752 billion in 2013, up 12.3% over 2012. Technical Reserves stood at R$136.229 billion, up 9.7% on December 2012.
- Investments in infrastructure, information technology and telecommunications amounted to R$4.842 billion in 2013, up 9.8% over the same period last year.
- Taxes and contributions, including social security, paid or recorded in provision, amounted to R$21.758 billion, of which R$9.902 billion referred to taxes withheld and collected from third parties and R$11.856 billion from Bradesco Organization activities, equivalent to 97.2% of Adjusted Net Income(1).
- Bradesco has an extensive customer service network in Brazil, with 4,674 Branches and 3,586 Service Branches - PAs. Customers can also use 1,180 PAEs – ATMs (Automatic Teller Machines) in companies, 46,851 Bradesco Expresso service points, 33,464 Bradesco Dia & Noite ATMs and 14,739 Banco24Horas ATMs.
- Payroll, plus charges and benefits, totaled R$11.013 billion. Social benefits provided to the 100,489 employees of the Bradesco Organization and their dependents amounted to R$2.702 billion, while investments in training and development programs totaled R$126.836 million.
- For the ninth consecutive year, Bradesco was selected to compose the Corporate Sustainability Index (ISE) of BM&FBovespa – Securities, Commodities and Futures Exchange, which reflects the returns of a share portfolio comprising those companies with the best performance in all aspects of corporate sustainability.
- Major Awards and Acknowledgments in the period:
- - Bradesco was considered the best bank in Latin America, ranking first among the 25 best banks in Latin America (AmericaEconomia magazine);
- - Bradesco was considered the largest private group in Brazil according to the Valor Grandes Grupos ranking, which ranks the country's 200 largest groups (Valor Economico newspaper);
- - Bradesco was recognized as the best Bank in Brazil (Best Developed and Emerging Markets Banks 2013 – Global Finance Magazine);
- - Bradesco was considered the best bank in the 8th Best Companies for Shareholders Award (Capital Aberto magazine / Stern Stewart do Brasil Advisory Services);
- - Bradesco was leader of the Top MVP ranking as the company that most produces value from interaction with its stakeholders (Dom Strategy Partners Advisory Services);
- - Winner of the Value Creation Award, promoted by Abrasca, aiming at stimulating good corporate governance practices;
- - Winner of the first edition (2013) of the Top Case Award, in the Top Case Highlight category (Case Studies – Insight Communication magazine);
- - Bradesco was considered the best bank in people management, according to The Best in People Management survey (Valor Carreira/Valor Economico newspaper, with technical support of Aon Hewitt); and
- - Grupo Bradesco Seguros was granted the Most Admired Companies in Brazil Award in the Corporate Healthcare Plan and Social Security categories (Carta Capital magazine).
With regards to sustainability, Bradesco divides its actions into three pillars: (i) Sustainable Finances, focused on banking inclusion, social and environmental variables for loan approvals and product offerings; (ii) Responsible Management, focused on valuing professionals, improving the workplace and adopting eco-efficient practices; and (iii) Social and Environmental Investments, focused on education, the environment, culture and sports. In this area, we point out Fundacao Bradesco, which has a 57-year history of extensive social and educational work, with 40 schools in Brazil. In 2013, a budget of R$456.966 million benefited 101,781 students in its schools, in Basic Education (from Kindergarten to High School and Vocational Training - High School Level), Education for Youth and Adults; and Preliminary and Continuing Qualification focused on the creation of jobs and generation of income.
(1) According to non-recurring events described on page 9 of this Report on Economic and Financial Analysis; (2) Excludes mark-to-market effect of available-for-sale securities recorded under Shareholders' Equity; (3) Number of shares (excluding treasury shares) x closing price for common and preferred shares on the last trading day of the period; (4) Includes sureties and guarantees, letters of credit, advances of credit card receivables, co-obligations in loan assignments (receivables-backed investment funds and mortgage-backed receivables), co-obligations in rural loan assignments, and operations bearing credit risk – commercial portfolio, which includes debentures and promissory notes; and (5) In the last 12 months.
SOURCE Banco Bradesco S.A.
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, discussed the best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Jan. 21, 2017 06:00 AM EST Reads: 2,063
In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Claude Remillard, Principal Program Manager in Developer Division at Microsoft, contrasted how his team used config as code and immutable patterns for continuous delivery of microservices and apps to the cloud. He showed how the immutable patterns helps developers do away with most of the complexity of config as code-enabling scenarios such as rollback, zero downtime upgrades with far greater simplicity. He also demoed building immutable pipelines in the cloud ...
Jan. 21, 2017 05:30 AM EST Reads: 3,549
Traditional on-premises data centers have long been the domain of modern data platforms like Apache Hadoop, meaning companies who build their business on public cloud were challenged to run Big Data processing and analytics at scale. But recent advancements in Hadoop performance, security, and most importantly cloud-native integrations, are giving organizations the ability to truly gain value from all their data. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, David Tishgart, Director of Product Marketing ...
Jan. 21, 2017 05:00 AM EST Reads: 2,997
Choosing the right cloud for your workloads is a balancing act that can cost your organization time, money and aggravation - unless you get it right the first time. Economics, speed, performance, accessibility, administrative needs and security all play a vital role in dictating your approach to the cloud. Without knowing the right questions to ask, you could wind up paying for capacity you'll never need or underestimating the resources required to run your applications.
Jan. 21, 2017 05:00 AM EST Reads: 4,015
Technology vendors and analysts are eager to paint a rosy picture of how wonderful IoT is and why your deployment will be great with the use of their products and services. While it is easy to showcase successful IoT solutions, identifying IoT systems that missed the mark or failed can often provide more in the way of key lessons learned. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Peter Vanderminden, Principal Industry Analyst for IoT & Digital Supply Chain to Flatiron Strategies, will focus on how IoT depl...
Jan. 21, 2017 03:45 AM EST Reads: 1,985
Adding public cloud resources to an existing application can be a daunting process. The tools that you currently use to manage the software and hardware outside the cloud aren’t always the best tools to efficiently grow into the cloud. All of the major configuration management tools have cloud orchestration plugins that can be leveraged, but there are also cloud-native tools that can dramatically improve the efficiency of managing your application lifecycle. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, ...
Jan. 21, 2017 02:30 AM EST Reads: 6,109
The pace of innovation, vendor lock-in, production sustainability, cost-effectiveness, and managing risk… In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Dan Choquette, Founder of RackN, discussed how CIOs are challenged finding the balance of finding the right tools, technology and operational model that serves the business the best. He also discussed how clouds, open source software and infrastructure solutions have benefits but also drawbacks and how workload and operational portability between vendors an...
Jan. 21, 2017 02:30 AM EST Reads: 5,041
With the proliferation of both SQL and NoSQL databases, organizations can now target specific fit-for-purpose database tools for their different application needs regarding scalability, ease of use, ACID support, etc. Platform as a Service offerings make this even easier now, enabling developers to roll out their own database infrastructure in minutes with minimal management overhead. However, this same amount of flexibility also comes with the challenges of picking the right tool, on the right ...
Jan. 21, 2017 02:15 AM EST Reads: 5,359
Big Data, cloud, analytics, contextual information, wearable tech, sensors, mobility, and WebRTC: together, these advances have created a perfect storm of technologies that are disrupting and transforming classic communications models and ecosystems. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Erik Perotti, Senior Manager of New Ventures on Plantronics’ Innovation team, provided an overview of this technological shift, including associated business and consumer communications impacts, and opportunities it m...
Jan. 21, 2017 02:00 AM EST Reads: 5,815
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, discussed how leveraging the Industrial Internet and...
Jan. 21, 2017 01:30 AM EST Reads: 6,566
There will be new vendors providing applications, middleware, and connected devices to support the thriving IoT ecosystem. This essentially means that electronic device manufacturers will also be in the software business. Many will be new to building embedded software or robust software. This creates an increased importance on software quality, particularly within the Industrial Internet of Things where business-critical applications are becoming dependent on products controlled by software. Qua...
Jan. 21, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 5,052
Fact is, enterprises have significant legacy voice infrastructure that’s costly to replace with pure IP solutions. How can we bring this analog infrastructure into our shiny new cloud applications? There are proven methods to bind both legacy voice applications and traditional PSTN audio into cloud-based applications and services at a carrier scale. Some of the most successful implementations leverage WebRTC, WebSockets, SIP and other open source technologies. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Da...
Jan. 21, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 2,886
"Tintri was started in 2008 with the express purpose of building a storage appliance that is ideal for virtualized environments. We support a lot of different hypervisor platforms from VMware to OpenStack to Hyper-V," explained Dan Florea, Director of Product Management at Tintri, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 21, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 4,903
The speed of software changes in growing and large scale rapid-paced DevOps environments presents a challenge for continuous testing. Many organizations struggle to get this right. Practices that work for small scale continuous testing may not be sufficient as the requirements grow. In his session at DevOps Summit, Marc Hornbeek, Sr. Solutions Architect of DevOps continuous test solutions at Spirent Communications, explained the best practices of continuous testing at high scale, which is rele...
Jan. 21, 2017 12:30 AM EST Reads: 4,574
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Jan. 21, 2017 12:15 AM EST Reads: 6,375