|By PR Newswire||
|January 30, 2014 05:42 AM EST||
SAO PAULO, Jan. 30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The main figures obtained by Bradesco (NYSE: BBD, BBDO; Latibex: XBBDC; BM&FBOVESPA: BBDC3, BBDC4) in 2013 are presented below:
- Adjusted Net Income(1) for 2013 stood at R$12.202 billion (a 5.9% increase compared to the R$11.523 billion recorded in the same period last year), corresponding to earnings per share of R$2.91 and Return on Average Adjusted Shareholders' Equity(2) of 18.0%.
- Adjusted Net Income is composed of R$8.462 billion from financial activities, representing 69.3% of the total, and R$3.740 billion from insurance, pension plan and capitalization bond operations, which accounted for 30.7%.
- On December 31, 2013, Bradesco's market capitalization stood at R$128.085 billion(3). As of May 2013, Bradesco common shares compose the Ibovespa index.
- Total Assets stood at R$908.139 billion in December 2013, a 3.3% increase over the same period in 2012. Return on Total Average Assets was 1.4%.
- The Expanded Loan Portfolio(4) stood at R$427.273 billion in December 2013, up 10.8% during the same period in 2012. Operations with individuals totaled R$130.750 billion (up 11.2% on December 2012), while operations with companies totaled R$296.523 billion (up 10.6% on December 2012).
- Assets under Management stood at R$1.260 trillion, a 2.8% increase from December 2012.
- Shareholders' Equity stood at R$70.940 billion in December 2013, up 1.3% on December 2012. Capital Adequacy Ratio (Basel III) stood at 16.6% in December 2013, 12.3% of which fell under Tier I Capital.
- Interest on Shareholders' Equity and Dividends were paid and recorded in provision to shareholders totaling R$4.078 billion on income for 2013, R$1.803 billion of which was paid as monthly and interim interest and R$2.275 billion was recorded in provision.
- Interest Financial Margin stood at R$42.686 billion, up 1.6% in comparison with 2012.
- The Delinquency Ratio over 90 days dropped 0.6 p.p. in the last 12 months and stood at 3.5% on December 31, 2013 (4.1% on December 31, 2012).
- The Efficiency Ratio(5) in December 2013 stood at 42.1% (41.5% in December 2012), whereas the "adjusted to risk" ratio stood at 52.1%, (52.7% in December 2012).
- Insurance Written Premiums, Pension Plan Contributions and Capitalization Bond Income totaled R$49.752 billion in 2013, up 12.3% over 2012. Technical Reserves stood at R$136.229 billion, up 9.7% on December 2012.
- Investments in infrastructure, information technology and telecommunications amounted to R$4.842 billion in 2013, up 9.8% over the same period last year.
- Taxes and contributions, including social security, paid or recorded in provision, amounted to R$21.758 billion, of which R$9.902 billion referred to taxes withheld and collected from third parties and R$11.856 billion from Bradesco Organization activities, equivalent to 97.2% of Adjusted Net Income(1).
- Bradesco has an extensive customer service network in Brazil, with 4,674 Branches and 3,586 Service Branches - PAs. Customers can also use 1,180 PAEs – ATMs (Automatic Teller Machines) in companies, 46,851 Bradesco Expresso service points, 33,464 Bradesco Dia & Noite ATMs and 14,739 Banco24Horas ATMs.
- Payroll, plus charges and benefits, totaled R$11.013 billion. Social benefits provided to the 100,489 employees of the Bradesco Organization and their dependents amounted to R$2.702 billion, while investments in training and development programs totaled R$126.836 million.
- For the ninth consecutive year, Bradesco was selected to compose the Corporate Sustainability Index (ISE) of BM&FBovespa – Securities, Commodities and Futures Exchange, which reflects the returns of a share portfolio comprising those companies with the best performance in all aspects of corporate sustainability.
- Major Awards and Acknowledgments in the period:
- - Bradesco was considered the best bank in Latin America, ranking first among the 25 best banks in Latin America (AmericaEconomia magazine);
- - Bradesco was considered the largest private group in Brazil according to the Valor Grandes Grupos ranking, which ranks the country's 200 largest groups (Valor Economico newspaper);
- - Bradesco was recognized as the best Bank in Brazil (Best Developed and Emerging Markets Banks 2013 – Global Finance Magazine);
- - Bradesco was considered the best bank in the 8th Best Companies for Shareholders Award (Capital Aberto magazine / Stern Stewart do Brasil Advisory Services);
- - Bradesco was leader of the Top MVP ranking as the company that most produces value from interaction with its stakeholders (Dom Strategy Partners Advisory Services);
- - Winner of the Value Creation Award, promoted by Abrasca, aiming at stimulating good corporate governance practices;
- - Winner of the first edition (2013) of the Top Case Award, in the Top Case Highlight category (Case Studies – Insight Communication magazine);
- - Bradesco was considered the best bank in people management, according to The Best in People Management survey (Valor Carreira/Valor Economico newspaper, with technical support of Aon Hewitt); and
- - Grupo Bradesco Seguros was granted the Most Admired Companies in Brazil Award in the Corporate Healthcare Plan and Social Security categories (Carta Capital magazine).
With regards to sustainability, Bradesco divides its actions into three pillars: (i) Sustainable Finances, focused on banking inclusion, social and environmental variables for loan approvals and product offerings; (ii) Responsible Management, focused on valuing professionals, improving the workplace and adopting eco-efficient practices; and (iii) Social and Environmental Investments, focused on education, the environment, culture and sports. In this area, we point out Fundacao Bradesco, which has a 57-year history of extensive social and educational work, with 40 schools in Brazil. In 2013, a budget of R$456.966 million benefited 101,781 students in its schools, in Basic Education (from Kindergarten to High School and Vocational Training - High School Level), Education for Youth and Adults; and Preliminary and Continuing Qualification focused on the creation of jobs and generation of income.
(1) According to non-recurring events described on page 9 of this Report on Economic and Financial Analysis; (2) Excludes mark-to-market effect of available-for-sale securities recorded under Shareholders' Equity; (3) Number of shares (excluding treasury shares) x closing price for common and preferred shares on the last trading day of the period; (4) Includes sureties and guarantees, letters of credit, advances of credit card receivables, co-obligations in loan assignments (receivables-backed investment funds and mortgage-backed receivables), co-obligations in rural loan assignments, and operations bearing credit risk – commercial portfolio, which includes debentures and promissory notes; and (5) In the last 12 months.
SOURCE Banco Bradesco S.A.
Almost two-thirds of companies either have or soon will have IoT as the backbone of their business in 2016. However, IoT is far more complex than most firms expected. How can you not get trapped in the pitfalls? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan, a renowned visionary and thought leader, will introduce a holistic method of IoTification, which is the process of IoTifying the existing technology and business models to adopt and leverage IoT. He will drill down to the components in this fra...
Sep. 29, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,802
The Transparent Cloud-computing Consortium (abbreviation: T-Cloud Consortium) will conduct research activities into changes in the computing model as a result of collaboration between "device" and "cloud" and the creation of new value and markets through organic data processing High speed and high quality networks, and dramatic improvements in computer processing capabilities, have greatly changed the nature of applications and made the storing and processing of data on the network commonplace.
Sep. 29, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,204
We’ve been doing it for years, decades for some. How many websites have you created accounts on? Your bank, your credit card companies, social media sites, hotels and travel sites, online shopping sites, and that’s just the start. We do it often without even thinking about it, quickly entering our personal information, our data, in a plethora of systems. Sometimes we’re not even aware of the information we are providing. It could be very personal information (think of the security questions you ...
Sep. 29, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 4,818
I'm a lonely sensor. I spend all day telling the world how I'm feeling, but none of the other sensors seem to care. I want to be connected. I want to build relationships with other sensors to be more useful for my human. I want my human to understand that when my friends next door are too hot for a while, I'll soon be flaming. And when all my friends go outside without me, I may be left behind. Don't just log my data; use the relationship graph. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ryan Boyd, Engi...
Sep. 29, 2016 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,375
SYS-CON Events announced today that ReadyTalk, a leading provider of online conferencing and webinar services, has been named Vendor Presentation Sponsor at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. ReadyTalk delivers audio and web conferencing services that inspire collaboration and enable the Future of Work for today’s increasingly digital and mobile workforce. By combining intuitive, innovative tec...
Sep. 29, 2016 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,027
IoT offers a value of almost $4 trillion to the manufacturing industry through platforms that can improve margins, optimize operations & drive high performance work teams. By using IoT technologies as a foundation, manufacturing customers are integrating worker safety with manufacturing systems, driving deep collaboration and utilizing analytics to exponentially increased per-unit margins. However, as Benoit Lheureux, the VP for Research at Gartner points out, “IoT project implementers often ...
Sep. 29, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,571
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pulzze Systems will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Pulzze Systems, Inc. provides infrastructure products for the Internet of Things to enable any connected device and system to carry out matched operations without programming. For more information, visit http://www.pulzzesystems.com.
Sep. 29, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,905
There is growing need for data-driven applications and the need for digital platforms to build these apps. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Muddu Sudhakar, VP and GM of Security & IoT at Splunk, will cover different PaaS solutions and Big Data platforms that are available to build applications. In addition, AI and machine learning are creating new requirements that developers need in the building of next-gen apps. The next-generation digital platforms have some of the past platform needs a...
Sep. 29, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,861
If you’re responsible for an application that depends on the data or functionality of various IoT endpoints – either sensors or devices – your brand reputation depends on the security, reliability, and compliance of its many integrated parts. If your application fails to deliver the expected business results, your customers and partners won't care if that failure stems from the code you developed or from a component that you integrated. What can you do to ensure that the endpoints work as expect...
Sep. 29, 2016 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,717
As ridesharing competitors and enhanced services increase, notable changes are occurring in the transportation model. Despite the cost-effective means and flexibility of ridesharing, both drivers and users will need to be aware of the connected environment and how it will impact the ridesharing experience. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Timothy Evavold, Executive Director Automotive at Covisint, will discuss key challenges and solutions to powering a ride sharing and/or multimodal model in the a...
Sep. 29, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 515
Is your aging software platform suffering from technical debt while the market changes and demands new solutions at a faster clip? It’s a bold move, but you might consider walking away from your core platform and starting fresh. ReadyTalk did exactly that. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, will discuss why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and over a decade of audio conferencing product development to start an innovati...
Sep. 29, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,174
WebRTC adoption has generated a wave of creative uses of communications and collaboration through websites, sales apps, customer care and business applications. As WebRTC has become more mainstream it has evolved to use cases beyond the original peer-to-peer case, which has led to a repeating requirement for interoperability with existing infrastructures. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Graham Holt, Executive Vice President of Daitan Group, will cover implementation examples that have enabled ea...
Sep. 29, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,590
SYS-CON Events announced today that Numerex Corp, a leading provider of managed enterprise solutions enabling the Internet of Things (IoT), will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Numerex Corp. (NASDAQ:NMRX) is a leading provider of managed enterprise solutions enabling the Internet of Things (IoT). The Company's solutions produce new revenue streams or create operating...
Sep. 29, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,057
DevOps and microservices are permeating software engineering teams broadly, whether these teams are in pure software shops but happen to run a business, such Uber and Airbnb, or in companies that rely heavily on software to run more traditional business, such as financial firms or high-end manufacturers. Microservices and DevOps have created software development and therefore business speed and agility benefits, but they have also created problems; specifically, they have created software sec...
Sep. 29, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,334
Fifty billion connected devices and still no winning protocols standards. HTTP, WebSockets, MQTT, and CoAP seem to be leading in the IoT protocol race at the moment but many more protocols are getting introduced on a regular basis. Each protocol has its pros and cons depending on the nature of the communications. Does there really need to be only one protocol to rule them all? Of course not. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, walk you through how Oct...
Sep. 29, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,306