|By PR Newswire||
|January 30, 2014 05:42 AM EST||
SAO PAULO, Jan. 30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The main figures obtained by Bradesco (NYSE: BBD, BBDO; Latibex: XBBDC; BM&FBOVESPA: BBDC3, BBDC4) in 2013 are presented below:
- Adjusted Net Income(1) for 2013 stood at R$12.202 billion (a 5.9% increase compared to the R$11.523 billion recorded in the same period last year), corresponding to earnings per share of R$2.91 and Return on Average Adjusted Shareholders' Equity(2) of 18.0%.
- Adjusted Net Income is composed of R$8.462 billion from financial activities, representing 69.3% of the total, and R$3.740 billion from insurance, pension plan and capitalization bond operations, which accounted for 30.7%.
- On December 31, 2013, Bradesco's market capitalization stood at R$128.085 billion(3). As of May 2013, Bradesco common shares compose the Ibovespa index.
- Total Assets stood at R$908.139 billion in December 2013, a 3.3% increase over the same period in 2012. Return on Total Average Assets was 1.4%.
- The Expanded Loan Portfolio(4) stood at R$427.273 billion in December 2013, up 10.8% during the same period in 2012. Operations with individuals totaled R$130.750 billion (up 11.2% on December 2012), while operations with companies totaled R$296.523 billion (up 10.6% on December 2012).
- Assets under Management stood at R$1.260 trillion, a 2.8% increase from December 2012.
- Shareholders' Equity stood at R$70.940 billion in December 2013, up 1.3% on December 2012. Capital Adequacy Ratio (Basel III) stood at 16.6% in December 2013, 12.3% of which fell under Tier I Capital.
- Interest on Shareholders' Equity and Dividends were paid and recorded in provision to shareholders totaling R$4.078 billion on income for 2013, R$1.803 billion of which was paid as monthly and interim interest and R$2.275 billion was recorded in provision.
- Interest Financial Margin stood at R$42.686 billion, up 1.6% in comparison with 2012.
- The Delinquency Ratio over 90 days dropped 0.6 p.p. in the last 12 months and stood at 3.5% on December 31, 2013 (4.1% on December 31, 2012).
- The Efficiency Ratio(5) in December 2013 stood at 42.1% (41.5% in December 2012), whereas the "adjusted to risk" ratio stood at 52.1%, (52.7% in December 2012).
- Insurance Written Premiums, Pension Plan Contributions and Capitalization Bond Income totaled R$49.752 billion in 2013, up 12.3% over 2012. Technical Reserves stood at R$136.229 billion, up 9.7% on December 2012.
- Investments in infrastructure, information technology and telecommunications amounted to R$4.842 billion in 2013, up 9.8% over the same period last year.
- Taxes and contributions, including social security, paid or recorded in provision, amounted to R$21.758 billion, of which R$9.902 billion referred to taxes withheld and collected from third parties and R$11.856 billion from Bradesco Organization activities, equivalent to 97.2% of Adjusted Net Income(1).
- Bradesco has an extensive customer service network in Brazil, with 4,674 Branches and 3,586 Service Branches - PAs. Customers can also use 1,180 PAEs – ATMs (Automatic Teller Machines) in companies, 46,851 Bradesco Expresso service points, 33,464 Bradesco Dia & Noite ATMs and 14,739 Banco24Horas ATMs.
- Payroll, plus charges and benefits, totaled R$11.013 billion. Social benefits provided to the 100,489 employees of the Bradesco Organization and their dependents amounted to R$2.702 billion, while investments in training and development programs totaled R$126.836 million.
- For the ninth consecutive year, Bradesco was selected to compose the Corporate Sustainability Index (ISE) of BM&FBovespa – Securities, Commodities and Futures Exchange, which reflects the returns of a share portfolio comprising those companies with the best performance in all aspects of corporate sustainability.
- Major Awards and Acknowledgments in the period:
- - Bradesco was considered the best bank in Latin America, ranking first among the 25 best banks in Latin America (AmericaEconomia magazine);
- - Bradesco was considered the largest private group in Brazil according to the Valor Grandes Grupos ranking, which ranks the country's 200 largest groups (Valor Economico newspaper);
- - Bradesco was recognized as the best Bank in Brazil (Best Developed and Emerging Markets Banks 2013 – Global Finance Magazine);
- - Bradesco was considered the best bank in the 8th Best Companies for Shareholders Award (Capital Aberto magazine / Stern Stewart do Brasil Advisory Services);
- - Bradesco was leader of the Top MVP ranking as the company that most produces value from interaction with its stakeholders (Dom Strategy Partners Advisory Services);
- - Winner of the Value Creation Award, promoted by Abrasca, aiming at stimulating good corporate governance practices;
- - Winner of the first edition (2013) of the Top Case Award, in the Top Case Highlight category (Case Studies – Insight Communication magazine);
- - Bradesco was considered the best bank in people management, according to The Best in People Management survey (Valor Carreira/Valor Economico newspaper, with technical support of Aon Hewitt); and
- - Grupo Bradesco Seguros was granted the Most Admired Companies in Brazil Award in the Corporate Healthcare Plan and Social Security categories (Carta Capital magazine).
With regards to sustainability, Bradesco divides its actions into three pillars: (i) Sustainable Finances, focused on banking inclusion, social and environmental variables for loan approvals and product offerings; (ii) Responsible Management, focused on valuing professionals, improving the workplace and adopting eco-efficient practices; and (iii) Social and Environmental Investments, focused on education, the environment, culture and sports. In this area, we point out Fundacao Bradesco, which has a 57-year history of extensive social and educational work, with 40 schools in Brazil. In 2013, a budget of R$456.966 million benefited 101,781 students in its schools, in Basic Education (from Kindergarten to High School and Vocational Training - High School Level), Education for Youth and Adults; and Preliminary and Continuing Qualification focused on the creation of jobs and generation of income.
(1) According to non-recurring events described on page 9 of this Report on Economic and Financial Analysis; (2) Excludes mark-to-market effect of available-for-sale securities recorded under Shareholders' Equity; (3) Number of shares (excluding treasury shares) x closing price for common and preferred shares on the last trading day of the period; (4) Includes sureties and guarantees, letters of credit, advances of credit card receivables, co-obligations in loan assignments (receivables-backed investment funds and mortgage-backed receivables), co-obligations in rural loan assignments, and operations bearing credit risk – commercial portfolio, which includes debentures and promissory notes; and (5) In the last 12 months.
SOURCE Banco Bradesco S.A.
Big Data engines are powering a lot of service businesses right now. Data is collected from users from wearable technologies, web behaviors, purchase behavior as well as several arbitrary data points we’d never think of. The demand for faster and bigger engines to crunch and serve up the data to services is growing exponentially. You see a LOT of correlation between “Cloud” and “Big Data” but on Big Data and “Hybrid,” where hybrid hosting is the sanest approach to the Big Data Infrastructure pro...
Jul. 24, 2016 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,843
In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Sagi Brody, Chief Technology Officer at Webair Internet Development Inc., and Logan Best, Infrastructure & Network Engineer at Webair, focused on real world deployments of DDoS mitigation strategies in every layer of the network. He gave an overview of methods to prevent these attacks and best practices on how to provide protection in complex cloud platforms. He also outlined what we have found in our experience managing and running thousands of Linux and Unix ...
Jul. 24, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,704
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Jul. 24, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,685
"My role is working with customers, helping them go through this digital transformation. I spend a lot of time talking to banks, big industries, manufacturers working through how they are integrating and transforming their IT platforms and moving them forward," explained William Morrish, General Manager Product Sales at Interoute, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 24, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,047
Continuous testing helps bridge the gap between developing quickly and maintaining high quality products. But to implement continuous testing, CTOs must take a strategic approach to building a testing infrastructure and toolset that empowers their team to move fast. Download our guide to laying the groundwork for a scalable continuous testing strategy.
Jul. 24, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,854
With 15% of enterprises adopting a hybrid IT strategy, you need to set a plan to integrate hybrid cloud throughout your infrastructure. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Steven Dreher, Director of Solutions Architecture at Green House Data, discussed how to plan for shifting resource requirements, overcome challenges, and implement hybrid IT alongside your existing data center assets. Highlights included anticipating workload, cost and resource calculations, integrating services on both sides...
Jul. 24, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,924
In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Yoseph Reuveni, Director of Software Engineering at Jet.com, will discuss Jet.com's journey into containerizing Microsoft-based technologies like C# and F# into Docker. He will talk about lessons learned and challenges faced, the Mono framework tryout and how they deployed everything into Azure cloud. Yoseph Reuveni is a technology leader with unique experience developing and running high throughput (over 1M tps) distributed systems with extre...
Jul. 24, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,029
"We are a well-established player in the application life cycle management market and we also have a very strong version control product," stated Flint Brenton, CEO of CollabNet,, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 24, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,752
"Software-defined storage is a big problem in this industry because so many people have different definitions as they see fit to use it," stated Peter McCallum, VP of Datacenter Solutions at FalconStor Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 24, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,375
"Operations is sort of the maturation of cloud utilization and the move to the cloud," explained Steve Anderson, Product Manager for BMC’s Cloud Lifecycle Management, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 24, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,835
The cloud competition for database hosts is fierce. How do you evaluate a cloud provider for your database platform? In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Chris Presley, a Solutions Architect at Pythian, gave users a checklist of considerations when choosing a provider. Chris Presley is a Solutions Architect at Pythian. He loves order – making him a premier Microsoft SQL Server expert. Not only has he programmed and administered SQL Server, but he has also shared his expertise and passion with b...
Jul. 24, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,849
We're entering the post-smartphone era, where wearable gadgets from watches and fitness bands to glasses and health aids will power the next technological revolution. With mass adoption of wearable devices comes a new data ecosystem that must be protected. Wearables open new pathways that facilitate the tracking, sharing and storing of consumers’ personal health, location and daily activity data. Consumers have some idea of the data these devices capture, but most don’t realize how revealing and...
Jul. 24, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,021
Unless your company can spend a lot of money on new technology, re-engineering your environment and hiring a comprehensive cybersecurity team, you will most likely move to the cloud or seek external service partnerships. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Darren Guccione, CEO of Keeper Security, revealed what you need to know when it comes to encryption in the cloud.
Jul. 24, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,348
What are the successful IoT innovations from emerging markets? What are the unique challenges and opportunities from these markets? How did the constraints in connectivity among others lead to groundbreaking insights? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Carmen Feliciano, a Principal at AMDG, will answer all these questions and share how you can apply IoT best practices and frameworks from the emerging markets to your own business.
Jul. 24, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,543
Ask someone to architect an Internet of Things (IoT) solution and you are guaranteed to see a reference to the cloud. This would lead you to believe that IoT requires the cloud to exist. However, there are many IoT use cases where the cloud is not feasible or desirable. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, will discuss the strategies that exist to extend intelligence directly to IoT devices and sensors, freeing them from the constraints of ...
Jul. 24, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,724