|By PR Newswire||
|January 30, 2014 05:42 AM EST||
SAO PAULO, Jan. 30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The main figures obtained by Bradesco (NYSE: BBD, BBDO; Latibex: XBBDC; BM&FBOVESPA: BBDC3, BBDC4) in 2013 are presented below:
- Adjusted Net Income(1) for 2013 stood at R$12.202 billion (a 5.9% increase compared to the R$11.523 billion recorded in the same period last year), corresponding to earnings per share of R$2.91 and Return on Average Adjusted Shareholders' Equity(2) of 18.0%.
- Adjusted Net Income is composed of R$8.462 billion from financial activities, representing 69.3% of the total, and R$3.740 billion from insurance, pension plan and capitalization bond operations, which accounted for 30.7%.
- On December 31, 2013, Bradesco's market capitalization stood at R$128.085 billion(3). As of May 2013, Bradesco common shares compose the Ibovespa index.
- Total Assets stood at R$908.139 billion in December 2013, a 3.3% increase over the same period in 2012. Return on Total Average Assets was 1.4%.
- The Expanded Loan Portfolio(4) stood at R$427.273 billion in December 2013, up 10.8% during the same period in 2012. Operations with individuals totaled R$130.750 billion (up 11.2% on December 2012), while operations with companies totaled R$296.523 billion (up 10.6% on December 2012).
- Assets under Management stood at R$1.260 trillion, a 2.8% increase from December 2012.
- Shareholders' Equity stood at R$70.940 billion in December 2013, up 1.3% on December 2012. Capital Adequacy Ratio (Basel III) stood at 16.6% in December 2013, 12.3% of which fell under Tier I Capital.
- Interest on Shareholders' Equity and Dividends were paid and recorded in provision to shareholders totaling R$4.078 billion on income for 2013, R$1.803 billion of which was paid as monthly and interim interest and R$2.275 billion was recorded in provision.
- Interest Financial Margin stood at R$42.686 billion, up 1.6% in comparison with 2012.
- The Delinquency Ratio over 90 days dropped 0.6 p.p. in the last 12 months and stood at 3.5% on December 31, 2013 (4.1% on December 31, 2012).
- The Efficiency Ratio(5) in December 2013 stood at 42.1% (41.5% in December 2012), whereas the "adjusted to risk" ratio stood at 52.1%, (52.7% in December 2012).
- Insurance Written Premiums, Pension Plan Contributions and Capitalization Bond Income totaled R$49.752 billion in 2013, up 12.3% over 2012. Technical Reserves stood at R$136.229 billion, up 9.7% on December 2012.
- Investments in infrastructure, information technology and telecommunications amounted to R$4.842 billion in 2013, up 9.8% over the same period last year.
- Taxes and contributions, including social security, paid or recorded in provision, amounted to R$21.758 billion, of which R$9.902 billion referred to taxes withheld and collected from third parties and R$11.856 billion from Bradesco Organization activities, equivalent to 97.2% of Adjusted Net Income(1).
- Bradesco has an extensive customer service network in Brazil, with 4,674 Branches and 3,586 Service Branches - PAs. Customers can also use 1,180 PAEs – ATMs (Automatic Teller Machines) in companies, 46,851 Bradesco Expresso service points, 33,464 Bradesco Dia & Noite ATMs and 14,739 Banco24Horas ATMs.
- Payroll, plus charges and benefits, totaled R$11.013 billion. Social benefits provided to the 100,489 employees of the Bradesco Organization and their dependents amounted to R$2.702 billion, while investments in training and development programs totaled R$126.836 million.
- For the ninth consecutive year, Bradesco was selected to compose the Corporate Sustainability Index (ISE) of BM&FBovespa – Securities, Commodities and Futures Exchange, which reflects the returns of a share portfolio comprising those companies with the best performance in all aspects of corporate sustainability.
- Major Awards and Acknowledgments in the period:
- - Bradesco was considered the best bank in Latin America, ranking first among the 25 best banks in Latin America (AmericaEconomia magazine);
- - Bradesco was considered the largest private group in Brazil according to the Valor Grandes Grupos ranking, which ranks the country's 200 largest groups (Valor Economico newspaper);
- - Bradesco was recognized as the best Bank in Brazil (Best Developed and Emerging Markets Banks 2013 – Global Finance Magazine);
- - Bradesco was considered the best bank in the 8th Best Companies for Shareholders Award (Capital Aberto magazine / Stern Stewart do Brasil Advisory Services);
- - Bradesco was leader of the Top MVP ranking as the company that most produces value from interaction with its stakeholders (Dom Strategy Partners Advisory Services);
- - Winner of the Value Creation Award, promoted by Abrasca, aiming at stimulating good corporate governance practices;
- - Winner of the first edition (2013) of the Top Case Award, in the Top Case Highlight category (Case Studies – Insight Communication magazine);
- - Bradesco was considered the best bank in people management, according to The Best in People Management survey (Valor Carreira/Valor Economico newspaper, with technical support of Aon Hewitt); and
- - Grupo Bradesco Seguros was granted the Most Admired Companies in Brazil Award in the Corporate Healthcare Plan and Social Security categories (Carta Capital magazine).
With regards to sustainability, Bradesco divides its actions into three pillars: (i) Sustainable Finances, focused on banking inclusion, social and environmental variables for loan approvals and product offerings; (ii) Responsible Management, focused on valuing professionals, improving the workplace and adopting eco-efficient practices; and (iii) Social and Environmental Investments, focused on education, the environment, culture and sports. In this area, we point out Fundacao Bradesco, which has a 57-year history of extensive social and educational work, with 40 schools in Brazil. In 2013, a budget of R$456.966 million benefited 101,781 students in its schools, in Basic Education (from Kindergarten to High School and Vocational Training - High School Level), Education for Youth and Adults; and Preliminary and Continuing Qualification focused on the creation of jobs and generation of income.
(1) According to non-recurring events described on page 9 of this Report on Economic and Financial Analysis; (2) Excludes mark-to-market effect of available-for-sale securities recorded under Shareholders' Equity; (3) Number of shares (excluding treasury shares) x closing price for common and preferred shares on the last trading day of the period; (4) Includes sureties and guarantees, letters of credit, advances of credit card receivables, co-obligations in loan assignments (receivables-backed investment funds and mortgage-backed receivables), co-obligations in rural loan assignments, and operations bearing credit risk – commercial portfolio, which includes debentures and promissory notes; and (5) In the last 12 months.
SOURCE Banco Bradesco S.A.
SYS-CON Events announced today that Technologic Systems Inc., an embedded systems solutions company, will exhibit at SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Technologic Systems is an embedded systems company with headquarters in Fountain Hills, Arizona. They have been in business for 32 years, helping more than 8,000 OEM customers and building over a hundred COTS products that have never been discontinued. Technologic Systems’ pr...
Mar. 25, 2017 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,206
SYS-CON Events announced today that CA Technologies has been named “Platinum Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CA Technologies helps customers succeed in a future where every business – from apparel to energy – is being rewritten by software. From ...
Mar. 25, 2017 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,571
The taxi industry never saw Uber coming. Startups are a threat to incumbents like never before, and a major enabler for startups is that they are instantly “cloud ready.” If innovation moves at the pace of IT, then your company is in trouble. Why? Because your data center will not keep up with frenetic pace AWS, Microsoft and Google are rolling out new capabilities In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Don Browning, VP of Cloud Architecture at Turner, will posit that disruption is inevitable for c...
Mar. 25, 2017 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,967
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloudistics, an on-premises cloud computing company, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Cloudistics delivers a complete public cloud experience with composable on-premises infrastructures to medium and large enterprises. Its software-defined technology natively converges network, storage, compute, virtualization, and management into a ...
Mar. 25, 2017 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,782
Deep learning has been very successful in social sciences and specially areas where there is a lot of data. Trading is another field that can be viewed as social science with a lot of data. With the advent of Deep Learning and Big Data technologies for efficient computation, we are finally able to use the same methods in investment management as we would in face recognition or in making chat-bots. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Gaurav Chakravorty, co-founder and Head of Strategy Development ...
Mar. 25, 2017 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,419
Keeping pace with advancements in software delivery processes and tooling is taxing even for the most proficient organizations. Point tools, platforms, open source and the increasing adoption of private and public cloud services requires strong engineering rigor - all in the face of developer demands to use the tools of choice. As Agile has settled in as a mainstream practice, now DevOps has emerged as the next wave to improve software delivery speed and output. To make DevOps work, organization...
Mar. 25, 2017 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,555
What if you could build a web application that could support true web-scale traffic without having to ever provision or manage a single server? Sounds magical, and it is! In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Munns, Senior Developer Advocate for Serverless Applications at Amazon Web Services, will show how to build a serverless website that scales automatically using services like AWS Lambda, Amazon API Gateway, and Amazon S3. We will review several frameworks that can help you build serverle...
Mar. 25, 2017 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,694
The explosion of new web/cloud/IoT-based applications and the data they generate are transforming our world right before our eyes. In this rush to adopt these new technologies, organizations are often ignoring fundamental questions concerning who owns the data and failing to ask for permission to conduct invasive surveillance of their customers. Organizations that are not transparent about how their systems gather data telemetry without offering shared data ownership risk product rejection, regu...
Mar. 25, 2017 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 4,992
SYS-CON Events announced today that Loom Systems will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Founded in 2015, Loom Systems delivers an advanced AI solution to predict and prevent problems in the digital business. Loom stands alone in the industry as an AI analysis platform requiring no prior math knowledge from operators, leveraging the existing staff to succeed in the digital era. With offices in S...
Mar. 25, 2017 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,093
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 add...
Mar. 25, 2017 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 819
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Mar. 25, 2017 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,437
Interoute has announced the integration of its Global Cloud Infrastructure platform with Rancher Labs’ container management platform, Rancher. This approach enables enterprises to accelerate their digital transformation and infrastructure investments. Matthew Finnie, Interoute CTO commented “Enterprises developing and building apps in the cloud and those on a path to Digital Transformation need Digital ICT Infrastructure that allows them to build, test and deploy faster than ever before. The int...
Mar. 25, 2017 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 720
SYS-CON Events announced today that CrowdReviews.com has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6–8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. CrowdReviews.com is a transparent online platform for determining which products and services are the best based on the opinion of the crowd. The crowd consists of Internet users that have experienced products and services first-hand and have an interest in letting other potential buyers...
Mar. 25, 2017 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,472
SYS-CON Events announced today that T-Mobile will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc., is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The Company's advanced nationwide 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences to 67.4 million customers who are unwilling to compromise on ...
Mar. 25, 2017 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,014
@DevOpsSummit has been named the ‘Top DevOps Influencer' by iTrend. iTrend processes millions of conversations, tweets, interactions, news articles, press releases, blog posts - and extract meaning form them and analyzes mobile and desktop software platforms used to communicate, various metadata (such as geo location), and automation tools. In overall placement, @DevOpsSummit ranked as the number one ‘DevOps Influencer' followed by @CloudExpo at third, and @MicroservicesE at 24th.
Mar. 25, 2017 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 10,190