|By PR Newswire||
|January 30, 2014 09:30 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Jan. 30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Corvex Management LP and Related Fund Management, LLC, whose separately managed investment funds collectively own approximately 9.6% of the outstanding shares of CommonWealth REIT (NSYE:CWH), today released an investor presentation in connection with their consent solicitation.
The presentation outlines:
- The clear rationale and path for the removal of the entire CommonWealth Board as a result of the abysmal performance of CWH by almost any metric over any relevant time period, 28 years of poor governance practices, and the Trustees' desperate attempts during the last year to muzzle CommonWealth's shareholders.
- The financial analysis underpinning the belief that the removal of the Trustees will unlock substantial value for shareholders:
- CWH's current net asset value (NAV) would be approximately $35 per share, 50% higher than the closing price on January 29, 2014; and
- CWH could be valued at approximately $40 per share by end of 2015.
- A turnaround and governance plan designed to enhance shareholder value by:
- Electing a new Board consisting solely of truly independent Trustees;
- Establishing best-in-class corporate governance to impose accountability;
- Internalizing management and aligning management compensation with shareholder returns;
- Implementing improved operating strategies to "right the ship";
- Removing the poison pill;
- Ceasing all acquisition activity and dilutive capital raises until stock price exceeds its NAV; and
- Ceasing all related party transactions not approved by a vote of disinterested shareholders.
The presentation is available at www.shareholdersforcommonwealth.com.
Corvex and Related urge shareholders to vote the GOLD consent card and remove the entire Board of CommonWealth. If shareholders have any questions or require any assistance in executing their consent, they can call D.F. King & Co., Inc., at 1-800-714-3313.
About Corvex Management LP
Corvex Management LP is an investment firm headquartered in New York, New York that engages in value-based investing across the capital structure in situations with identifiable catalysts. Corvex was founded in March 2011 and follows an opportunistic approach to investing with a specific focus on equity investments, special situations and distressed securities largely in North America.
About Related Fund Management LLC
Related Fund Management, LLC is an affiliate of Related Companies, one of the most prominent privately-owned real estate firms in the United States. Formed 40 years ago, Related is a fully integrated, highly diversified industry leader with experience in virtually every aspect of development, acquisitions, management, finance, marketing and sales. Related's existing portfolio of real estate assets, valued at over $15 billion, is made up of best-in-class mixed-use, residential, retail, office and affordable properties. For more information about Related Companies please visit www.related.com.
Additional Information Regarding the Solicitation
Corvex Management LP and Related Fund Management, LLC have filed a definitive solicitation statement with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC") to (1) solicit consents to remove the entire board of trustees of CommonWealth REIT (the "Removal Proposal"), and (2) elect five new trustees at a special meeting of shareholders that must be promptly called in the event that the Removal Proposal is successful. Investors and security holders are urged to read the definitive solicitation statement and other relevant documents because they contain important information regarding the solicitation. The definitive solicitation statement and all other relevant documents are available, free of charge, on the SEC's website at www.sec.gov.
Neither the issuance of this press release nor the filing thereof with the SEC, shall be deemed to be a request by Corvex or Related or any other shareholder of the Company for the Company to set a record date for the consent solicitation. In accordance with the Arbitration Panel's November 18 Interim Award, Corvex and Related will submit a request for a record date for the consent solicitation to the Company by February 16, 2014.
For further information, contact:
Edward McCarthy / Richard Grubaugh
D.F. King & Co., Inc.
 Represents estimate of private market value of all properties owned by CWH disclosed in 10-Q filing at 9/30/13, adjusted for recent asset sales reported in the media. Our NAV estimates reflect various assumptions concerning anticipated results that are inherently subject to significant uncertainties and contingencies. We urge you to review our full presentation at www.shareholdersforcommonwealth.com because it contains important information about our analysis and assumptions. Corvex and Related have not been given access to non-public information held by the Company in connection with arriving at these estimates.
SOURCE Related Companies
StarNet Communications Corp has announced the addition of three Secure Remote Desktop modules to its flagship X-Win32 PC X server. The new modules enable X-Win32 to safely tunnel the remote desktops from Linux and Unix servers to the user’s PC over encrypted SSH. Traditionally, users of PC X servers deploy the XDMCP protocol to display remote desktop environments such as the Gnome and KDE desktops on Linux servers and the CDE environment on Solaris Unix machines. XDMCP is used primarily on comp...
Aug. 29, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 776
Aug. 29, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 249
Aug. 29, 2016 05:03 PM EDT Reads: 119
Aug. 29, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,561
Aug. 29, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,737
Aug. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 983
Aug. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,476
Aug. 29, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,020
Aug. 29, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 821
Aug. 29, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 871
Aug. 29, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,190
Aug. 29, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 826
Aug. 29, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 739
Aug. 29, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 945
Aug. 29, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 849