|By PR Newswire||
|January 30, 2014 09:47 AM EST||
LONDON, Jan. 30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportbuyer.com just published a new market research report:
2020 Foresight Report: Consumer Centric Payment Innovations
The report provides information and insights into the changing landscape of the payment industry and emerging consumer trends acting as stimulating factors:
• Provides global snapshot of payment innovations introduced by banks as well as non-bank payment companies in the key regions of the world
• Provides insights into market potential of key payment cards and also discusses the state of mobile card payments in selected countries
• Analysis of consumer technology trends and drivers highlighting key operational opportunities
• Analysis of key issues faced by central banks, commercial banks and new market entrants while dealing with innovative payment solutions
• Provides insights into best practices followed by market players to target key consumer drivers as a strategy to maximize their revenue
Businesses are increasingly focusing on key consumer drivers such as convenience, accessibility, security, speed and the cost of payments to increase acceptability of their products and services, and gain an advantage over their competitors. To target these consumer drivers, stakeholders in the payment value chain are primarily concentrating on digitalization of payments, increased interoperability, and the introduction of disruptive strategies to plug gaps in user demand and solutions offered by the industry. Changing consumer behavior, such as increased use of mobile devices to manage day-to-day activities and the increasing use of social media, has attracted a number of organizations to build their business and product strategies around these platforms.
• This report provides a comprehensive analysis of developments in the payment industry with a primary focus on consumer oriented products and services
• Provides data forecasts for credit, debit and prepaid cards with historical insights on mobile card payments in selected countries
• It covers key trends expected to reshape the payment landscape over the next five years
• Provides insights into key technology drivers responsible for enabling organizations to introduce disruptive products and services
• It covers the key challenges faced by central banks in regulating and the challenges faced by commercial banks and non-bank payment companies in introducing and sustaining an innovative payment service
• It provides insights on the implementation strategies and best practices adopted by both banks and non-bank payment companies to drive revenue generation with the help of detailed case studies
Reasons To Buy
• Understand the dynamics of the evolving landscape of the payment industry on the back of changing tastes and preferences of consumers across key markets worldwide
• Assess the current and future opportunities in various payment solutions and learn best practices to strengthen your business strategy and target consumer drivers more efficiently
• Gain insights into various types of innovative services entering the payment ecosystem and their likely impact on redistribution of market share among various stakeholders
• Gain insights into key consumer trends and technical drivers which are stimulating innovations along with information on expected hurdles in sustainability of new products
• Innovations in payment can be broadly classified under four categories: innovations in payment cards; online payments, including electronic bill presentment and payments; mobile payments; and developments in overall payment infrastructure and security. Focus has increased on the convenience and speed of payments. As a result, mobile payments have received significant attention in recent years.
• Regions dominated by emerging economies, such as Asia-Pacific, Africa and Latin America, exhibit high growth potential in innovative payment solutions, although most innovations currently tend to stem from North America and Europe. Europe, however, is expected to lose some steam over the next five years, while North America is forecast to continue to impress with new payment solutions, primarily led by developments in the US. Countries such as Turkey are highly innovative in terms of payment products and services, with consumers showing a readiness to experiment, as are parts of the Middle East, as regulation can be scattered and consumer demand pushes for new payment options.
• Social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram have become an attractive platform to target consumers. There are more than 1.15 billion (as per Facebook's Q2 2013 earnings report) and 500 million users (as of March 2013) on Facebook and Twitter respectively, and their users bases are growing rapidly every year. This presents lucrative opportunities for merchants, financial institutions and new entrants to capitalize on a ready market.
• Data analytics, powered by cloud and social media, are allowing stakeholders in the payment industry to identify gaps in the payment value chain and increase their probability of revenue generation. It is also being extensively used to address security concerns and limit exposure to fraud risks for card issuers, acquirers, merchants and network operators. Open APIs have emerged as another key enabler of innovation in the payment industry. Open APIs enable the development of payment gateways and solutions at a fraction of the cost of developing a payment system from scratch.
• To remain competitive and gain market share, financial institutions and payment companies across the world have adopted various strategies in line with changing consumer behavior and technology. Companies have entered into agreements with merchants, as well as with each other, to reach a larger customer base, while service providers are also increasingly adopting emerging technology such as NFC, MPOS and mobile apps. There is also increased focus on using social media to generate sales and collect analytical data for strategic decision making.
Table of Contents
1 Executive Summary
2 Global Snapshot of Payment Innovations, and Regional Overview
2.1 Snapshot of Payment Innovations
2.2 Regional Overview
3 Market Potential of Payment Channels and Products
3.1 Market Share of Payment Channels
3.2 Payment Dynamics and Outlook by Card Products
3.2.1 Prepaid cards
3.2.2 Debit cards
3.2.3 Credit cards
3.3 Market Size of Card Payments through Mobile Devices in Selected Countries
3.3.1 The US
3.3.2 The UK
4 Consumer Technology Trends Driving Innovation in Payments
4.1 Emerging Payment Channels
4.1.1 Social media
4.1.2 Mobile devices
4.2 External Enablers of Innovation in Payments
4.2.1 Cloud technology
4.2.2 Data analytics
4.2.3 Open APIs
5 Issues and Challenges
5.1 Central Banks
5.2 Commercial Banks
5.3 Non-Bank and Alternative Payments
6 Payment Innovation Case Studies
6.1 Best Practices to Target Consumer Behavior
6.2 Case Studies
6.2.1 Launch of innovative mobile app by Barclays in the UK
6.2.2 The Home Depot's adoption of MPOS technology to improve consumer satisfaction
6.2.3 Octopus cards – expansion beyond transport in Hong Kong
6.2.4 La Caixa's introduction of the world's first contactless ATMs in Spain
6.2.5 Plink – the innovative loyalty payment system
6.2.6 Chirpify – reinventing payments through social media
7.2 Contact Timetric
7.3 About Timetric
7.4 Timetric's Services
List of Tables
Table 1: Innovations by Product Category in Key Regions
Table 2: Prepaid Card Transaction Values in Selected Countries (US$ Billion), 2008–2017
Table 3: Debit Card Transaction Values in Selected Countries (US$ Billion), 2008–2017
Table 4: Credit Card Transaction Value in Selected Countries (US$ Billion), 2008–2017
Table 5: Card Payments through Mobile Devices in the US (US$ Million), 2008–2012
Table 6: Card Payments through Mobile Devices in the UK (US$ Million), 2008–2012
Table 7: Card Payments through Mobile Devices in Australia (US$ Million), 2008–2012
Table 8: Card Payments through Mobile Devices in Singapore (US$ Million), 2009–2012
Table 9: Card Payments through Mobile Devices in India (US$ Million), 2009–2012
List of Figures
Figure 1: Market Shares of Payment Channels in Selected Countries, 2012
Figure 2: Prepaid Card Transaction Values in Selected Countries (US$ Billion), 2008–2017
Figure 3: Debit Card Transaction Values in Selected Countries (US$ Billion), 2008–2017
Figure 4: Credit Card Transaction Value in Selected Countries (US$ Billion), 2008–2017
Figure 5: Card Payments through Mobile Devices in the US (US$ Million), 2008–2012
Figure 6: Card Payments through Mobile Devices in the UK (US$ Million), 2008–2012
Figure 7: Card Payments through Mobile Devices in Australia (US$ Million), 2008–2012
Figure 8: Card Payments through Mobile Devices in Singapore (US$ Million), 2009–2012
Figure 9: Card Payments through Mobile Devices in India (US$ Million), 2009–2012
Figure 10: Number of Mobile Subscriptions (Million), 2009–2013
Figure 11: Broadband Internet Users on Mobile Devices (Million), 2009–2013
Figure 12: Cloud Models
Figure 13: Intensity of Challenges in Developed and Emerging Economies
Figure 14: Basel II vs. Basel III
Figure 15: The Barclays Pingit App
The Home Depot Inc.
ASB Bank Limited
Royal Bank of Canada (RBC)
Read the full report:
2020 Foresight Report: Consumer Centric Payment Innovations
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
DevOps at Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long dev...
Aug. 27, 2016 06:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,329
Today we can collect lots and lots of performance data. We build beautiful dashboards and even have fancy query languages to access and transform the data. Still performance data is a secret language only a couple of people understand. The more business becomes digital the more stakeholders are interested in this data including how it relates to business. Some of these people have never used a monitoring tool before. They have a question on their mind like “How is my application doing” but no id...
Aug. 27, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,761
Personalization has long been the holy grail of marketing. Simply stated, communicate the most relevant offer to the right person and you will increase sales. To achieve this, you must understand the individual. Consequently, digital marketers developed many ways to gather and leverage customer information to deliver targeted experiences. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lou Casal, Founder and Principal Consultant at Practicala, discussed how the Internet of Things (IoT) has accelerated our abil...
Aug. 27, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,998
With so much going on in this space you could be forgiven for thinking you were always working with yesterday’s technologies. So much change, so quickly. What do you do if you have to build a solution from the ground up that is expected to live in the field for at least 5-10 years? This is the challenge we faced when we looked to refresh our existing 10-year-old custom hardware stack to measure the fullness of trash cans and compactors.
Aug. 27, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,727
Extreme Computing is the ability to leverage highly performant infrastructure and software to accelerate Big Data, machine learning, HPC, and Enterprise applications. High IOPS Storage, low-latency networks, in-memory databases, GPUs and other parallel accelerators are being used to achieve faster results and help businesses make better decisions. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at NVIDIA, focused on some of the unique ways extreme computing is...
Aug. 27, 2016 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,090
The emerging Internet of Everything creates tremendous new opportunities for customer engagement and business model innovation. However, enterprises must overcome a number of critical challenges to bring these new solutions to market. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Michael Martin, CTO/CIO at nfrastructure, outlined these key challenges and recommended approaches for overcoming them to achieve speed and agility in the design, development and implementation of Internet of Everything solutions wi...
Aug. 27, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,008
Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is expected in the amount of information being processed, managed, analyzed, and acted upon by enterprise IT. This amazing is not part of some distant future - it is happening today. One report shows a 650% increase in enterprise data by 2020. Other estimates are even higher....
Aug. 27, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,929
With over 720 million Internet users and 40–50% CAGR, the Chinese Cloud Computing market has been booming. When talking about cloud computing, what are the Chinese users of cloud thinking about? What is the most powerful force that can push them to make the buying decision? How to tap into them? In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Yu Hao, CEO and co-founder of SpeedyCloud, answered these questions and discussed the results of SpeedyCloud’s survey.
Aug. 27, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,148
SYS-CON Events announced today that Isomorphic Software will exhibit at DevOps Summit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Isomorphic Software provides the SmartClient HTML5/AJAX platform, the most advanced technology for building rich, cutting-edge enterprise web applications for desktop and mobile. SmartClient combines the productivity and performance of traditional desktop software with the simp...
Aug. 27, 2016 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,284
Actian Corporation has announced the latest version of the Actian Vector in Hadoop (VectorH) database, generally available at the end of July. VectorH is based on the same query engine that powers Actian Vector, which recently doubled the TPC-H benchmark record for non-clustered systems at the 3000GB scale factor (see tpc.org/3323). The ability to easily ingest information from different data sources and rapidly develop queries to make better business decisions is becoming increasingly importan...
Aug. 26, 2016 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,072
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Aug. 26, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,856
Kubernetes, Docker and containers are changing the world, and how companies are deploying their software and running their infrastructure. With the shift in how applications are built and deployed, new challenges must be solved. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Sebastian Scheele, co-founder of Loodse, will discuss the implications of containerized applications/infrastructures and their impact on the enterprise. In a real world example based on Kubernetes, he will show how to ...
Aug. 26, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,441
Traditional on-premises data centers have long been the domain of modern data platforms like Apache Hadoop, meaning companies who build their business on public cloud were challenged to run Big Data processing and analytics at scale. But recent advancements in Hadoop performance, security, and most importantly cloud-native integrations, are giving organizations the ability to truly gain value from all their data. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, David Tishgart, Director of Product Marketing ...
Aug. 26, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 442
As the world moves toward more DevOps and Microservices, application deployment to the cloud ought to become a lot simpler. The Microservices architecture, which is the basis of many new age distributed systems such as OpenStack, NetFlix and so on, is at the heart of Cloud Foundry - a complete developer-oriented Platform as a Service (PaaS) that is IaaS agnostic and supports vCloud, OpenStack and AWS. Serverless computing is revolutionizing computing. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Raghav...
Aug. 26, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 732
SYS-CON Events announced today Telecom Reseller has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Telecom Reseller reports on Unified Communications, UCaaS, BPaaS for enterprise and SMBs. They report extensively on both customer premises based solutions such as IP-PBX as well as cloud based and hosted platforms.
Aug. 26, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 673