|By PR Newswire||
|January 30, 2014 09:47 AM EST||
LONDON, Jan. 30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportbuyer.com just published a new market research report:
2020 Foresight Report: Consumer Centric Payment Innovations
The report provides information and insights into the changing landscape of the payment industry and emerging consumer trends acting as stimulating factors:
• Provides global snapshot of payment innovations introduced by banks as well as non-bank payment companies in the key regions of the world
• Provides insights into market potential of key payment cards and also discusses the state of mobile card payments in selected countries
• Analysis of consumer technology trends and drivers highlighting key operational opportunities
• Analysis of key issues faced by central banks, commercial banks and new market entrants while dealing with innovative payment solutions
• Provides insights into best practices followed by market players to target key consumer drivers as a strategy to maximize their revenue
Businesses are increasingly focusing on key consumer drivers such as convenience, accessibility, security, speed and the cost of payments to increase acceptability of their products and services, and gain an advantage over their competitors. To target these consumer drivers, stakeholders in the payment value chain are primarily concentrating on digitalization of payments, increased interoperability, and the introduction of disruptive strategies to plug gaps in user demand and solutions offered by the industry. Changing consumer behavior, such as increased use of mobile devices to manage day-to-day activities and the increasing use of social media, has attracted a number of organizations to build their business and product strategies around these platforms.
• This report provides a comprehensive analysis of developments in the payment industry with a primary focus on consumer oriented products and services
• Provides data forecasts for credit, debit and prepaid cards with historical insights on mobile card payments in selected countries
• It covers key trends expected to reshape the payment landscape over the next five years
• Provides insights into key technology drivers responsible for enabling organizations to introduce disruptive products and services
• It covers the key challenges faced by central banks in regulating and the challenges faced by commercial banks and non-bank payment companies in introducing and sustaining an innovative payment service
• It provides insights on the implementation strategies and best practices adopted by both banks and non-bank payment companies to drive revenue generation with the help of detailed case studies
Reasons To Buy
• Understand the dynamics of the evolving landscape of the payment industry on the back of changing tastes and preferences of consumers across key markets worldwide
• Assess the current and future opportunities in various payment solutions and learn best practices to strengthen your business strategy and target consumer drivers more efficiently
• Gain insights into various types of innovative services entering the payment ecosystem and their likely impact on redistribution of market share among various stakeholders
• Gain insights into key consumer trends and technical drivers which are stimulating innovations along with information on expected hurdles in sustainability of new products
• Innovations in payment can be broadly classified under four categories: innovations in payment cards; online payments, including electronic bill presentment and payments; mobile payments; and developments in overall payment infrastructure and security. Focus has increased on the convenience and speed of payments. As a result, mobile payments have received significant attention in recent years.
• Regions dominated by emerging economies, such as Asia-Pacific, Africa and Latin America, exhibit high growth potential in innovative payment solutions, although most innovations currently tend to stem from North America and Europe. Europe, however, is expected to lose some steam over the next five years, while North America is forecast to continue to impress with new payment solutions, primarily led by developments in the US. Countries such as Turkey are highly innovative in terms of payment products and services, with consumers showing a readiness to experiment, as are parts of the Middle East, as regulation can be scattered and consumer demand pushes for new payment options.
• Social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram have become an attractive platform to target consumers. There are more than 1.15 billion (as per Facebook's Q2 2013 earnings report) and 500 million users (as of March 2013) on Facebook and Twitter respectively, and their users bases are growing rapidly every year. This presents lucrative opportunities for merchants, financial institutions and new entrants to capitalize on a ready market.
• Data analytics, powered by cloud and social media, are allowing stakeholders in the payment industry to identify gaps in the payment value chain and increase their probability of revenue generation. It is also being extensively used to address security concerns and limit exposure to fraud risks for card issuers, acquirers, merchants and network operators. Open APIs have emerged as another key enabler of innovation in the payment industry. Open APIs enable the development of payment gateways and solutions at a fraction of the cost of developing a payment system from scratch.
• To remain competitive and gain market share, financial institutions and payment companies across the world have adopted various strategies in line with changing consumer behavior and technology. Companies have entered into agreements with merchants, as well as with each other, to reach a larger customer base, while service providers are also increasingly adopting emerging technology such as NFC, MPOS and mobile apps. There is also increased focus on using social media to generate sales and collect analytical data for strategic decision making.
Table of Contents
1 Executive Summary
2 Global Snapshot of Payment Innovations, and Regional Overview
2.1 Snapshot of Payment Innovations
2.2 Regional Overview
3 Market Potential of Payment Channels and Products
3.1 Market Share of Payment Channels
3.2 Payment Dynamics and Outlook by Card Products
3.2.1 Prepaid cards
3.2.2 Debit cards
3.2.3 Credit cards
3.3 Market Size of Card Payments through Mobile Devices in Selected Countries
3.3.1 The US
3.3.2 The UK
4 Consumer Technology Trends Driving Innovation in Payments
4.1 Emerging Payment Channels
4.1.1 Social media
4.1.2 Mobile devices
4.2 External Enablers of Innovation in Payments
4.2.1 Cloud technology
4.2.2 Data analytics
4.2.3 Open APIs
5 Issues and Challenges
5.1 Central Banks
5.2 Commercial Banks
5.3 Non-Bank and Alternative Payments
6 Payment Innovation Case Studies
6.1 Best Practices to Target Consumer Behavior
6.2 Case Studies
6.2.1 Launch of innovative mobile app by Barclays in the UK
6.2.2 The Home Depot's adoption of MPOS technology to improve consumer satisfaction
6.2.3 Octopus cards – expansion beyond transport in Hong Kong
6.2.4 La Caixa's introduction of the world's first contactless ATMs in Spain
6.2.5 Plink – the innovative loyalty payment system
6.2.6 Chirpify – reinventing payments through social media
7.2 Contact Timetric
7.3 About Timetric
7.4 Timetric's Services
List of Tables
Table 1: Innovations by Product Category in Key Regions
Table 2: Prepaid Card Transaction Values in Selected Countries (US$ Billion), 2008–2017
Table 3: Debit Card Transaction Values in Selected Countries (US$ Billion), 2008–2017
Table 4: Credit Card Transaction Value in Selected Countries (US$ Billion), 2008–2017
Table 5: Card Payments through Mobile Devices in the US (US$ Million), 2008–2012
Table 6: Card Payments through Mobile Devices in the UK (US$ Million), 2008–2012
Table 7: Card Payments through Mobile Devices in Australia (US$ Million), 2008–2012
Table 8: Card Payments through Mobile Devices in Singapore (US$ Million), 2009–2012
Table 9: Card Payments through Mobile Devices in India (US$ Million), 2009–2012
List of Figures
Figure 1: Market Shares of Payment Channels in Selected Countries, 2012
Figure 2: Prepaid Card Transaction Values in Selected Countries (US$ Billion), 2008–2017
Figure 3: Debit Card Transaction Values in Selected Countries (US$ Billion), 2008–2017
Figure 4: Credit Card Transaction Value in Selected Countries (US$ Billion), 2008–2017
Figure 5: Card Payments through Mobile Devices in the US (US$ Million), 2008–2012
Figure 6: Card Payments through Mobile Devices in the UK (US$ Million), 2008–2012
Figure 7: Card Payments through Mobile Devices in Australia (US$ Million), 2008–2012
Figure 8: Card Payments through Mobile Devices in Singapore (US$ Million), 2009–2012
Figure 9: Card Payments through Mobile Devices in India (US$ Million), 2009–2012
Figure 10: Number of Mobile Subscriptions (Million), 2009–2013
Figure 11: Broadband Internet Users on Mobile Devices (Million), 2009–2013
Figure 12: Cloud Models
Figure 13: Intensity of Challenges in Developed and Emerging Economies
Figure 14: Basel II vs. Basel III
Figure 15: The Barclays Pingit App
The Home Depot Inc.
ASB Bank Limited
Royal Bank of Canada (RBC)
Read the full report:
2020 Foresight Report: Consumer Centric Payment Innovations
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
Scott Guthrie's keynote presentation "Journey to the intelligent cloud" is a must view video. This is from AzureCon 2015, September 29, 2015 I have reproduced some screen shots in case you are unable to view this long video for one reason or another. One of the highlights is 3 datacenters coming on line in India.
Oct. 6, 2015 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 147
The broad selection of hardware, the rapid evolution of operating systems and the time-to-market for mobile apps has been so rapid that new challenges for developers and engineers arise every day. Security, testing, hosting, and other metrics have to be considered through the process. In his session at Big Data Expo, Walter Maguire, Chief Field Technologist, HP Big Data Group, at Hewlett-Packard, will discuss the challenges faced by developers and a composite Big Data applications builder, foc...
Oct. 6, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 405
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan, Chief Architect at CTS, will explore the synergy of Big Data and IoT. First he will take a closer look at the Internet of Things and Big Data individually, in terms of what, which, why, where, when, who, how and how much. Then he will explore the relationship between IoT and Big Data. Specifically, he will drill down to how the 4Vs aspects intersect with IoT: Volume, Variety, Velocity and Value. In turn, Tony will analyze how the key components of IoT ...
Oct. 6, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 243
Recently announced Azure Data Lake addresses the big data 3V challenges; volume, velocity and variety. It is one more storage feature in addition to blobs and SQL Azure database. Azure Data Lake (should have been Azure Data Ocean IMHO) is really omnipotent. Just look at the key capabilities of Azure Data Lake:
Oct. 6, 2015 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 147
The cloud has reached mainstream IT. Those 18.7 million data centers out there (server closets to corporate data centers to colocation deployments) are moving to the cloud. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Achim Weiss, CEO & co-founder of ProfitBricks, will share how two companies – one in the U.S. and one in Germany – are achieving their goals with cloud infrastructure. More than a case study, he will share the details of how they prioritized their cloud computing infrastructure deployments ...
Oct. 6, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 668
Interested in leveraging automation technologies and a cloud architecture to make developers more productive? Learn how PaaS can benefit your organization to help you streamline your application development, allow you to use existing infrastructure and improve operational efficiencies. Begin charting your path to PaaS with OpenShift Enterprise.
Oct. 6, 2015 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 421
Decisions about budgets and resources are often made without IT even having a seat at the table. As technologist we understand the value of DevOps - but do your business counterparts? If they don't, your DevOps initiatives could lose funding before they start. In her session at DevOps Summit, Jeanne Morain, Strategist / Author at iSpeak Cloud, LLC, will provide insights on how to bridge the gap between business and technology leaders. Attendees will learn prescriptive guidance on balancing wor...
Oct. 6, 2015 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 564
The modern software development landscape consists of best practices and tools that allow teams to deliver software in a near-continuous manner. By adopting a culture of automation, measurement and sharing, the time to ship code has been greatly reduced, allowing for shorter release cycles and quicker feedback from customers and users. Still, with all of these tools and methods, how can teams stay on top of what is taking place across their infrastructure and codebase? Hopping between services a...
Oct. 6, 2015 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 346
SYS-CON Events announced today that Secure Infrastructure & Services will exhibit at SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS) is a managed services provider of cloud computing solutions for the IBM Power Systems market. The company helps mid-market firms built on IBM hardware platforms to deploy new levels of reliable and cost-effective computing and hig...
Oct. 5, 2015 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 765
When it comes to IoT in the enterprise, namely the commercial building and hospitality markets, a benefit not getting the attention it deserves is energy efficiency, and IoT’s direct impact on a cleaner, greener environment when installed in smart buildings. Until now clean technology was offered piecemeal and led with point solutions that require significant systems integration to orchestrate and deploy. There didn't exist a 'top down' approach that can manage and monitor the way a Smart Buildi...
Oct. 5, 2015 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 199
SYS-CON Events announced today that IBM Cloud Data Services has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. IBM Cloud Data Services offers a portfolio of integrated, best-of-breed cloud data services for developers focused on mobile computing and analytics use cases.
Oct. 5, 2015 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 608
Today, we are in the middle of a paradigm shift as we move from managing applications on VMs and containers to embracing everything that the cloud and XaaS (Everything as a Service) has to offer. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Kevin Hoffman, Advisory Solutions Architect at Pivotal Cloud Foundry, will provide an overview of 12-factor apps and migrating enterprise apps to the cloud. Kevin Hoffman is an Advisory Solutions Architect for Pivotal Cloud Foundry, and has spent the past 20 years b...
Oct. 5, 2015 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 690
While testing is often ignored when it comes to DevOps - it could be the most important aspect of achieving true DevOps success. Without rethinking automated testing from the ground-up, the entire DevOps productivity gain cannot be realized. Large tech companies build their own rapid test automation that runs in minutes across functional, performance, security and other tests. In his session at DevOps Summit, Kevin Surace, CEO of Appvance, will discuss how we learn from these real-world succe...
Oct. 5, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 419
DevOps has often been described in terms of CAMS: Culture, Automation, Measuring, Sharing. While we’ve seen a lot of focus on the “A” and even on the “M”, there are very few examples of why the “C" is equally important in the DevOps equation. In her session at @DevOps Summit, Lori MacVittie, of F5 Networks, will explore HTTP/1 and HTTP/2 along with Microservices to illustrate why a collaborative culture between Dev, Ops, and the Network is critical to ensuring success.
Oct. 5, 2015 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 691
SYS-CON Events announced today that Logz.io has been named a "Bronze Sponsor" of SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit Silicon Valley, which will take place November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Logz.io provides open-source software ELK turned into a log analytics platform that is simple, infinitely- scalable, highly available, and secure.
Oct. 5, 2015 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 900