|By PR Newswire||
|January 30, 2014 09:47 AM EST||
LONDON, Jan. 30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportbuyer.com just published a new market research report:
2020 Foresight Report: Consumer Centric Payment Innovations
The report provides information and insights into the changing landscape of the payment industry and emerging consumer trends acting as stimulating factors:
• Provides global snapshot of payment innovations introduced by banks as well as non-bank payment companies in the key regions of the world
• Provides insights into market potential of key payment cards and also discusses the state of mobile card payments in selected countries
• Analysis of consumer technology trends and drivers highlighting key operational opportunities
• Analysis of key issues faced by central banks, commercial banks and new market entrants while dealing with innovative payment solutions
• Provides insights into best practices followed by market players to target key consumer drivers as a strategy to maximize their revenue
Businesses are increasingly focusing on key consumer drivers such as convenience, accessibility, security, speed and the cost of payments to increase acceptability of their products and services, and gain an advantage over their competitors. To target these consumer drivers, stakeholders in the payment value chain are primarily concentrating on digitalization of payments, increased interoperability, and the introduction of disruptive strategies to plug gaps in user demand and solutions offered by the industry. Changing consumer behavior, such as increased use of mobile devices to manage day-to-day activities and the increasing use of social media, has attracted a number of organizations to build their business and product strategies around these platforms.
• This report provides a comprehensive analysis of developments in the payment industry with a primary focus on consumer oriented products and services
• Provides data forecasts for credit, debit and prepaid cards with historical insights on mobile card payments in selected countries
• It covers key trends expected to reshape the payment landscape over the next five years
• Provides insights into key technology drivers responsible for enabling organizations to introduce disruptive products and services
• It covers the key challenges faced by central banks in regulating and the challenges faced by commercial banks and non-bank payment companies in introducing and sustaining an innovative payment service
• It provides insights on the implementation strategies and best practices adopted by both banks and non-bank payment companies to drive revenue generation with the help of detailed case studies
Reasons To Buy
• Understand the dynamics of the evolving landscape of the payment industry on the back of changing tastes and preferences of consumers across key markets worldwide
• Assess the current and future opportunities in various payment solutions and learn best practices to strengthen your business strategy and target consumer drivers more efficiently
• Gain insights into various types of innovative services entering the payment ecosystem and their likely impact on redistribution of market share among various stakeholders
• Gain insights into key consumer trends and technical drivers which are stimulating innovations along with information on expected hurdles in sustainability of new products
• Innovations in payment can be broadly classified under four categories: innovations in payment cards; online payments, including electronic bill presentment and payments; mobile payments; and developments in overall payment infrastructure and security. Focus has increased on the convenience and speed of payments. As a result, mobile payments have received significant attention in recent years.
• Regions dominated by emerging economies, such as Asia-Pacific, Africa and Latin America, exhibit high growth potential in innovative payment solutions, although most innovations currently tend to stem from North America and Europe. Europe, however, is expected to lose some steam over the next five years, while North America is forecast to continue to impress with new payment solutions, primarily led by developments in the US. Countries such as Turkey are highly innovative in terms of payment products and services, with consumers showing a readiness to experiment, as are parts of the Middle East, as regulation can be scattered and consumer demand pushes for new payment options.
• Social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram have become an attractive platform to target consumers. There are more than 1.15 billion (as per Facebook's Q2 2013 earnings report) and 500 million users (as of March 2013) on Facebook and Twitter respectively, and their users bases are growing rapidly every year. This presents lucrative opportunities for merchants, financial institutions and new entrants to capitalize on a ready market.
• Data analytics, powered by cloud and social media, are allowing stakeholders in the payment industry to identify gaps in the payment value chain and increase their probability of revenue generation. It is also being extensively used to address security concerns and limit exposure to fraud risks for card issuers, acquirers, merchants and network operators. Open APIs have emerged as another key enabler of innovation in the payment industry. Open APIs enable the development of payment gateways and solutions at a fraction of the cost of developing a payment system from scratch.
• To remain competitive and gain market share, financial institutions and payment companies across the world have adopted various strategies in line with changing consumer behavior and technology. Companies have entered into agreements with merchants, as well as with each other, to reach a larger customer base, while service providers are also increasingly adopting emerging technology such as NFC, MPOS and mobile apps. There is also increased focus on using social media to generate sales and collect analytical data for strategic decision making.
Table of Contents
1 Executive Summary
2 Global Snapshot of Payment Innovations, and Regional Overview
2.1 Snapshot of Payment Innovations
2.2 Regional Overview
3 Market Potential of Payment Channels and Products
3.1 Market Share of Payment Channels
3.2 Payment Dynamics and Outlook by Card Products
3.2.1 Prepaid cards
3.2.2 Debit cards
3.2.3 Credit cards
3.3 Market Size of Card Payments through Mobile Devices in Selected Countries
3.3.1 The US
3.3.2 The UK
4 Consumer Technology Trends Driving Innovation in Payments
4.1 Emerging Payment Channels
4.1.1 Social media
4.1.2 Mobile devices
4.2 External Enablers of Innovation in Payments
4.2.1 Cloud technology
4.2.2 Data analytics
4.2.3 Open APIs
5 Issues and Challenges
5.1 Central Banks
5.2 Commercial Banks
5.3 Non-Bank and Alternative Payments
6 Payment Innovation Case Studies
6.1 Best Practices to Target Consumer Behavior
6.2 Case Studies
6.2.1 Launch of innovative mobile app by Barclays in the UK
6.2.2 The Home Depot's adoption of MPOS technology to improve consumer satisfaction
6.2.3 Octopus cards – expansion beyond transport in Hong Kong
6.2.4 La Caixa's introduction of the world's first contactless ATMs in Spain
6.2.5 Plink – the innovative loyalty payment system
6.2.6 Chirpify – reinventing payments through social media
7.2 Contact Timetric
7.3 About Timetric
7.4 Timetric's Services
List of Tables
Table 1: Innovations by Product Category in Key Regions
Table 2: Prepaid Card Transaction Values in Selected Countries (US$ Billion), 2008–2017
Table 3: Debit Card Transaction Values in Selected Countries (US$ Billion), 2008–2017
Table 4: Credit Card Transaction Value in Selected Countries (US$ Billion), 2008–2017
Table 5: Card Payments through Mobile Devices in the US (US$ Million), 2008–2012
Table 6: Card Payments through Mobile Devices in the UK (US$ Million), 2008–2012
Table 7: Card Payments through Mobile Devices in Australia (US$ Million), 2008–2012
Table 8: Card Payments through Mobile Devices in Singapore (US$ Million), 2009–2012
Table 9: Card Payments through Mobile Devices in India (US$ Million), 2009–2012
List of Figures
Figure 1: Market Shares of Payment Channels in Selected Countries, 2012
Figure 2: Prepaid Card Transaction Values in Selected Countries (US$ Billion), 2008–2017
Figure 3: Debit Card Transaction Values in Selected Countries (US$ Billion), 2008–2017
Figure 4: Credit Card Transaction Value in Selected Countries (US$ Billion), 2008–2017
Figure 5: Card Payments through Mobile Devices in the US (US$ Million), 2008–2012
Figure 6: Card Payments through Mobile Devices in the UK (US$ Million), 2008–2012
Figure 7: Card Payments through Mobile Devices in Australia (US$ Million), 2008–2012
Figure 8: Card Payments through Mobile Devices in Singapore (US$ Million), 2009–2012
Figure 9: Card Payments through Mobile Devices in India (US$ Million), 2009–2012
Figure 10: Number of Mobile Subscriptions (Million), 2009–2013
Figure 11: Broadband Internet Users on Mobile Devices (Million), 2009–2013
Figure 12: Cloud Models
Figure 13: Intensity of Challenges in Developed and Emerging Economies
Figure 14: Basel II vs. Basel III
Figure 15: The Barclays Pingit App
The Home Depot Inc.
ASB Bank Limited
Royal Bank of Canada (RBC)
Read the full report:
2020 Foresight Report: Consumer Centric Payment Innovations
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
"What Dyn is able to do with our Internet performance and our Internet intelligence is give companies visibility into what is actually going on in that cloud," noted Corey Hamilton, Product Marketing Manager at Dyn, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 7, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,494
In his General Session at 16th Cloud Expo, David Shacochis, host of The Hybrid IT Files podcast and Vice President at CenturyLink, investigated three key trends of the “gigabit economy" though the story of a Fortune 500 communications company in transformation. Narrating how multi-modal hybrid IT, service automation, and agile delivery all intersect, he will cover the role of storytelling and empathy in achieving strategic alignment between the enterprise and its information technology.
Jul. 7, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,392
Overgrown applications have given way to modular applications, driven by the need to break larger problems into smaller problems. Similarly large monolithic development processes have been forced to be broken into smaller agile development cycles. Looking at trends in software development, microservices architectures meet the same demands. Additional benefits of microservices architectures are compartmentalization and a limited impact of service failure versus a complete software malfunction. Th...
Jul. 7, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,731
SYS-CON Events announced today that JFrog, maker of Artifactory, the popular Binary Repository Manager, will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit Silicon Valley, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Based in California, Israel and France, founded by longtime field-experts, JFrog, creator of Artifactory and Bintray, has provided the market with the first Binary Repository solution and a software distribution social platform.
Jul. 7, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,842
Connected things, systems and people can provide information to other things, systems and people and initiate actions for each other that result in new service possibilities. By taking a look at the impact of Internet of Things when it transitions to a highly connected services marketplace we can understand how connecting the right “things” and leveraging the right partners can provide enormous impact to your business’ growth and success. In her general session at @ThingsExpo, Esmeralda Swartz...
Jul. 7, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,427
SYS-CON Events announced today that CommVault has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data...
Jul. 7, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,157
"We help to transform an organization and their operations and make them more efficient, more agile, and more nimble to move into the cloud or to move between cloud providers and create an agnostic tool set," noted Jeremy Steinert, DevOps Services Practice Lead at WSM International, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 7, 2015 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,558
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloudian, Inc., the leading provider of hybrid cloud storage solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Cloudian, Inc., is a Foster City, California - based software company specializing in cloud storage software. The main product is Cloudian, an Amazon S3-compliant cloud object storage platform, the bedrock of cloud computing system...
Jul. 7, 2015 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,113
SYS-CON Events announced today that Secure Infrastructure & Services will exhibit at SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS) is a managed services provider of cloud computing solutions for the IBM Power Systems market. The company helps mid-market firms built on IBM hardware platforms to deploy new levels of reliable and cost-effective computing and hig...
Jul. 7, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,967
"We have a tagline - "Power in the API Economy." What that means is everything that is built in applications and connected applications is done through APIs," explained Roberto Medrano, Executive Vice President at Akana, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 7, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,864
In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Simone Brunozzi, VP and Chief Technologist of Cloud Services at VMware, reviewed the changes that the cloud computing industry has gone through over the last five years and shared insights into what the next five will bring. He also chronicled the challenges enterprise companies are facing as they move to the public cloud. He delved into the "Hybrid Cloud" space and explained why every CIO should consider ‘hybrid cloud' as part of their future strategy to achie...
Jul. 7, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,884
Internet of Things is moving from being a hype to a reality. Experts estimate that internet connected cars will grow to 152 million, while over 100 million internet connected wireless light bulbs and lamps will be operational by 2020. These and many other intriguing statistics highlight the importance of Internet powered devices and how market penetration is going to multiply many times over in the next few years.
Jul. 7, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,545
SYS-CON Events announced today that Intelligent Systems Services will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Established in 1994, Intelligent Systems Services Inc. is located near Washington, DC, with representatives and partners nationwide. ISS’s well-established track record is based on the continuous pursuit of excellence in designing, implementing and supporting nationwide clients’ ...
Jul. 7, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,296
SYS-CON Events announced today that Alert Logic, the leading provider of Security-as-a-Service solutions for the cloud, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo® and DevOps Summit 2015 Silicon Valley, which will take place November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Alert Logic provides Security-as-a-Service for on-premises, cloud, and hybrid IT infrastructures, delivering deep security insight and continuous protection for cust...
Jul. 7, 2015 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,400
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place November 3–5, 2015 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. SoftLayer operates a global cloud infrastructure platform built for Internet scale. With a global footprint of data centers and network points of presence, SoftLayer provides infrastructure as a service to leading-edge customers ranging from Web startups to globa...
Jul. 7, 2015 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,248