|By Business Wire||
|January 30, 2014 03:00 PM EST||
Emerson Process Management, a global business of Emerson (NYSE: EMR), today officially opened the Emerson Innovation Center - Process Systems and Solutions in Round Rock, Texas, near Austin.
This 282,000-square-foot, nearly $70 million facility is the global headquarters for Emerson’s automation systems and project services business, which helps customers safely, reliably and profitably operate facilities in industries such as oil and gas, refining, chemicals, power, life sciences, food and beverages, and metals and mining.
This new Emerson Innovation Center is the third globally. The Emerson Innovation Center in Marshalltown, Iowa, develops and tests flow control applications and technologies, replicating real-world conditions no other test or R&D facility in the world can match. The company’s Emerson Innovation Center in Pune, India focuses on world-class software application development.
The Emerson Innovation Center in Austin is comprised of several world-class disciplines under one roof:
- A technology and product design and support center, providing engineering and development for the company’s DeltaV™ digital automation system and DeltaV SIS Safety System.
- The first-ever Emerson Integrated Operations (iOps) Center where customers can explore new ways of managing remote operations and of enabling easier collaboration by experts located anywhere in the world.
- Emerson Process Management’s Human Centered Design Institute, an industry-leading consulting and engineering practice that drives usability-based design into all products Emerson Process Management designs and manufactures. By designing products that are easier to use, customers gain improved worker effectiveness and lower the requirements for specialized knowledge in their workforce.
- A world-class interoperability and testing lab in which Emerson tests both its own products as well as competitors to ensure safe, reliable and robust operation.
- The Life Sciences Industry Center that provides consulting, engineering and project management expertise to support pharmaceutical and biotechnology customers.
- Educational Services where more than 2,500 customer personnel gain product, technology, and operational skills on the latest technologies.
- The company’s Project Management Office (PMO) that aligns and integrates the company’s best practices, processes, systems and metrics for global project execution.
“No other facility in the world can do what our new Emerson Innovation Center can do,” said Jim Nyquist, president of process systems and solutions for Emerson Process Management. “We have the brightest minds in the industry developing world class automation technologies and collaborating with customers to imagine, plan and execute their vision of future operations to deliver breakthrough performance.”
Emerson’s automation systems are widely used in process operations around the world. The company was awarded more than 30 large customer projects valued at more than $600 million in 2013. It has changed the way automation projects are done with its innovative DeltaV Electronic Marshalling with CHARMs technology, which reduces project complexity and risks. Its new Innovation Center is a showcase for how customers can leverage capabilities like these to reengineer their businesses to become safe, reliable and profitable.
About Emerson Process Management
Emerson Process Management (www.EmersonProcess.com), an Emerson business, is a leader in helping businesses automate their production, processing and distribution in the chemical, oil and gas, refining, pulp and paper, power, water and wastewater treatment, mining and metals, food and beverage, life sciences and other industries. The company combines superior products and technology with industry-specific engineering, consulting, project management and maintenance services. Its brands include PlantWeb™, Syncade™, DeltaV™, Fisher®, Bettis™, Micro Motion®, Rosemount®, Daniel™, Ovation™ and AMS Suite.
Emerson (NYSE:EMR), based in St. Louis, Missouri (USA), is a global leader in bringing technology and engineering together to provide innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and consumer markets around the world. The company is comprised of five business segments: Process Management, Industrial Automation, Network Power, Climate Technologies, and Commercial & Residential Solutions. Sales in fiscal 2013 were $24.7 billion. For more information, visit www.Emerson.com.
Jul. 8, 2015 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,529
Jul. 7, 2015 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,497
Jul. 7, 2015 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,231
Jul. 7, 2015 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,244
Jul. 7, 2015 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 993
Jul. 7, 2015 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,640
Jul. 7, 2015 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,670
Jul. 7, 2015 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,512
Jul. 7, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,330
Jul. 7, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,293
Jul. 7, 2015 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,752
Jul. 7, 2015 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 880
Jul. 7, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,999
Jul. 7, 2015 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,470
Jul. 7, 2015 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,432