|By JCN Newswire||
|January 31, 2014 05:00 AM EST||
Electricity demand in the Philippines, especially in Mindanao, is expected to see remarkable increase due to rising population and stable economic growth. New infrastructure, including the development of new power plants, is urgently needed in order to fulfill the growing demand for electricity. This project, therefore, is expected to serve as a model for infrastructural development in Mindanao.
Under "New Strategic Direction", the company has recently released corporate strategy MC is seeking to accelerate global business development by leveraging the shift towards Asian markets, which are gaining greater international presence both as resource and as consumer markets. MC therefore intends to continue pursuing power generation related business opportunities in Asia in the future.
(1) MCC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Mindanao Energy Systems, Inc., a power generation company established by Cagayan Electric Power & Light Company, Inc., whose franchise area covers electricity distribution in the City of Cagayan de Oro and the municipalities of Tagoloan, Villanueva and Jasaan, all located in the Province of Misamis Oriental in the Northern Mindanao region of the Philippines.
(2) Under the Full Turn-Key contract, MC, together with TPSC, will execute the project in its entirety, including engineering, civil work, procurement, erection and testing.
1. Cagayan Electric Power & Light Company, Inc.
(1) Head Office: 33 Don Toribio Chaves Street, Cagayan de Oro City 9000, Philippines
(2) Year Established: 1952
(3) Main Activities: Electricity Distribution
(4) Representative: Consuelo G. Tion, President
2. MINERGY Coal Corporation
(1) Head Office: Brgy. Mandangoa, Balingasag, Misamis Oriental, Philippines
(2) Year Established: 1992
(3) Main Activities: Operation and Maintenance of Power Plants
(4) Representative: Edgardo A. Bautista, President
3. Mitsubishi Corporation
(1) Head Office: 3-1, Marunouchi 2-Chome, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 100-8086, Japan
(3) Capital: JPY 204 billion
(4) Main business activities: Mitsubishi Corporation (MC) is a global integrated business enterprise that develops and operates businesses across virtually every industry including industrial finance, energy, metals, machinery, chemicals, foods, and environmental business. MC's current activities are expanding far beyond its traditional trading operations as its diverse business ranges from natural resources development to investment in retail business, infrastructure, financial products and manufacturing of industrial goods.
(5) Sales: JPY 20,126 billion (Consolidated basis, FY2013)
(6) No. of Employees: 65,975 (Consolidated　basis, as of March 31, 2013)
(7) Representative: Ken Kobayashi, President and Chief Executive Officer
4. Toshiba Plant Systems & Services Corporation
(1) Head Office: 36-5 Tsurumichuo 4-Chome, Tsurumi-ku, Yokohama, 230-8691, Japan
(2) Year Established: 1938
(3) Capital: JPY 11.8 billion
(4) Main business activities: Toshiba Plant Systems & Services is a comprehensive engineering constructor that globally carries out integrated operations ranging from planning and engineering to procurement, construction and field services. Toshiba Plant Systems & Services provides a broad range of products and services. These include infrastructure and environmental facilities for commercial and private power generation facilities; renewable power generation and substation facilities for hydraulic, solar, geothermal and other forms of energy; various types of industrial plants and installations; water supply and sewage facilities; communications facilities; airports; roads; and railways.
(5) Sales: JPY 172.8 billion (Consolidated basis, FY2013)
(6) No. of Employees: 4,024 (Consolidated basis, as of March 31, 2013)
(7) Representative: Kenji Sato, President and Chief Executive Officer
About Mitsubishi Corporation
Mitsubishi Corporation (MC; TSE: 8058) is a global integrated business enterprise that develops and operates businesses across virtually every industry including industrial finance, energy, metals, machinery, chemicals, foods, and environmental business. MC's current activities are expanding far beyond its traditional trading operations as its diverse business ranges from natural resources development to investment in retail business, infrastructure, financial products and manufacturing of industrial goods. With over 200 bases of operations in approximately 80 countries worldwide and a network of over 500 group companies, MC employs a multinational workforce of nearly 60,000 people. For more information, please visit www.mitsubishicorp.com.
Source: Mitsubishi Corporation
Mitsubishi Corporation Telephone:+81 3 3210 2171 Facsimile:+81 3 5252 7705
Copyright 2014 JCN Newswire. All rights reserved. www.japancorp.net
"Qosmos has launched L7Viewer, a network traffic analysis tool, so it analyzes all the traffic between the virtual machine and the data center and the virtual machine and the external world," stated Sebastien Synold, Product Line Manager at Qosmos, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 8, 2016 06:45 PM EST Reads: 918
Without a clear strategy for cost control and an architecture designed with cloud services in mind, costs and operational performance can quickly get out of control. To avoid multiple architectural redesigns requires extensive thought and planning. Boundary (now part of BMC) launched a new public-facing multi-tenant high resolution monitoring service on Amazon AWS two years ago, facing challenges and learning best practices in the early days of the new service. In his session at 19th Cloud Exp...
Dec. 8, 2016 05:45 PM EST Reads: 926
Everyone knows that truly innovative companies learn as they go along, pushing boundaries in response to market changes and demands. What's more of a mystery is how to balance innovation on a fresh platform built from scratch with the legacy tech stack, product suite and customers that continue to serve as the business' foundation. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, discussed why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and mor...
Dec. 8, 2016 05:45 PM EST Reads: 1,714
As data explodes in quantity, importance and from new sources, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and cloud environments grow with it. Managing data includes protecting it, indexing and classifying it for true, long-term management, compliance and E-Discovery. Commvault can ensure this with a single pane of glass solution – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enter...
Dec. 8, 2016 05:00 PM EST Reads: 1,809
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Dec. 8, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 1,839
Financial Technology has become a topic of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities. Accordingly, attendees at the upcoming 20th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York, June 6-8, 2017, will find fresh new content in a new track called FinTech.
Dec. 8, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 2,243
"We are a leader in the market space called network visibility solutions - it enables monitoring tools and Big Data analysis to access the data and be able to see the performance," explained Shay Morag, VP of Sales and Marketing at Niagara Networks, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 8, 2016 04:30 PM EST Reads: 356
@DevOpsSummit taking place June 6-8, 2017 at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Dec. 8, 2016 04:30 PM EST Reads: 1,962
Keeping pace with advancements in software delivery processes and tooling is taxing even for the most proficient organizations. Point tools, platforms, open source and the increasing adoption of private and public cloud services requires strong engineering rigor - all in the face of developer demands to use the tools of choice. As Agile has settled in as a mainstream practice, now DevOps has emerged as the next wave to improve software delivery speed and output. To make DevOps work, organization...
Dec. 8, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 279
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Dec. 8, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 2,308
"We are a modern development application platform and we have a suite of products that allow you to application release automation, we do version control, and we do application life cycle management," explained Flint Brenton, CEO of CollabNet, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 8, 2016 04:00 PM EST Reads: 1,074
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings in the last year, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their back-end AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT – especially in the connected home and office. Amazon is extending its reach by building on its dominant Cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strategy, recently announced Replenishment Services, the Echo/Alexa voice recognition control platform, the 6-7 strategic...
Dec. 8, 2016 03:48 PM EST Reads: 313
Regulatory requirements exist to promote the controlled sharing of information, while protecting the privacy and/or security of the information. Regulations for each type of information have their own set of rules, policies, and guidelines. Cloud Service Providers (CSP) are faced with increasing demand for services at decreasing prices. Demonstrating and maintaining compliance with regulations is a nontrivial task and doing so against numerous sets of regulatory requirements can be daunting task...
Dec. 8, 2016 03:45 PM EST Reads: 1,081
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Dec. 8, 2016 03:30 PM EST Reads: 1,225
"This is specifically designed to accommodate some of the needs for high availability and failover in a network managed system for the major Korean corporations," stated Thomas Masters, Managing Director at InfranicsUSA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 8, 2016 03:15 PM EST Reads: 313