|By PR Newswire||
|January 31, 2014 01:05 PM EST||
FORT WORTH, Texas, Jan. 31, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Coinciding with New York's first Super Bowl, RadioShack is opening its first custom concept store in the heart of Manhattan this Saturday. Located in a landmark building at 150 E. 42nd Street, the store design pays homage to an event, similar to this weekend's Super Bowl, that brought people from around the globe to New York: the 1964 World's Fair.
Situated steps from Grand Central terminal, this location and its design evoke a sleek 1960s-retro feel, paired with a modern product assortment. Interactive areas throughout the store encourage shoppers to discover personalized solutions, connect with sales associates and realize the unlimited potential of technology. Our associates encourage a collaborative, Do It Together approach that results in smart solutions to technology needs.
All RadioShack concept stores showcase an upgraded shopping experience with:
- A speaker wall controlled by in-store tablets, empowering customers to experience a dozen different speakers
- Interactive displays that encourage shoppers to compare products, including headphone demo stations where they can listen with leading brands like SOL REPUBLIC, Skullcandy and Beats by Dr. Dre; a remote control toy exploration center; and a GoPro camera display, demonstrating the capabilities of several camera models
- Idea Center where consumers can bring their ideas to life through collaboration with store associates at a convenient work space
- Technology that makes shopping interesting and playful, including touchscreens and apps to help shoppers understand product benefits
- Newly configured displays highlighting in-demand brands like Apple, HTC and Samsung, as well as mobile carriers such as AT&T, Sprint and Verizon
Every detail within this custom concept store is customized to celebrate RadioShack's history and the heritage of the World's Fair in a modern, exciting way. Design elements unique to this location include:
- A hanging globe that pays homage to the 12-story steel Unisphere, which stands in Queens as a symbol of the 1964 World's Fair
- Custom videos throughout the store highlight the sights, sounds and architecture that symbolize the heritage of the 1964 World's Fair
- Mid-century modern aesthetic reflected throughout the store's interior featuring vintage art, a custom color palette and materials reminiscent of 1960s architecture
The 150 E. 42nd St. store is the second custom-designed location to open in the nation and the twelfth concept store to open in the New York metro area, since RadioShack's concept stores debuted in 2013. These new stores reflect the company's strides toward reinvigorating its stores, revamping its product assortment and repositioning the brand. The other custom concept store is in Ft. Worth, Texas, near RadioShack headquarters.
Neighbors to the new RadioShack are invited to come see the custom-designed store and pick up an instant savings coupon good for $10 off any $40 qualifying purchase, while supplies last. Customers can also check-in on Foursquare to claim this deal for a limited time.
RadioShack continues to make improvements at our more than 4,300 stores throughout the nation to ensure consumers have an even better shopping experience. Stores are receiving a range of updates, from updated signage, to bright, redesigned interiors, to interactive product displays for comparing new products.
About RadioShack Corporation
RadioShack (NYSE: RSH) is a leading national retailer of innovative mobile technology products and services, as well as products related to personal and home technology and power supply needs. RadioShack® offers consumers a targeted assortment of wireless phones and other electronic products and services from leading national brands, exclusive private brands and major wireless carriers, all within a comfortable and convenient shopping environment. RadioShack employs approximately 30,000 knowledgeable and helpful sales experts globally. RadioShack's retail network includes approximately 4,300 company-operated stores in the United States, over 270 company-operated stores in Mexico, and approximately 1,000 dealer and other outlets worldwide. For more information on RadioShack Corporation, please visit www.radioshackcorporation.com; to purchase items online, please visit www.radioshack.com. RadioShack® is a registered trademark licensed by RadioShack Corporation.
News Media Contact: Media Relations, +1-817-415-3300, [email protected]
SOURCE RadioShack Corporation
There is growing need for data-driven applications and the need for digital platforms to build these apps. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Muddu Sudhakar, VP and GM of Security & IoT at Splunk, will cover different PaaS solutions and Big Data platforms that are available to build applications. In addition, AI and machine learning are creating new requirements that developers need in the building of next-gen apps. The next-generation digital platforms have some of the past platform needs a...
Sep. 30, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,927
WebRTC adoption has generated a wave of creative uses of communications and collaboration through websites, sales apps, customer care and business applications. As WebRTC has become more mainstream it has evolved to use cases beyond the original peer-to-peer case, which has led to a repeating requirement for interoperability with existing infrastructures. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Graham Holt, Executive Vice President of Daitan Group, will cover implementation examples that have enabled ea...
Sep. 30, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,623
Sep. 30, 2016 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,422
Sep. 30, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,635
Sep. 30, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,380
Sep. 30, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,079
Sep. 30, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,186
Sep. 30, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,964
Sep. 30, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,977
Sep. 30, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,678
Sep. 30, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,380
Sep. 29, 2016 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,214
Sep. 29, 2016 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 4,059
Sep. 29, 2016 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,803
Sep. 29, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,815