|By Marketwired .||
|February 3, 2014 04:45 PM EST||
WARROAD, MN -- (Marketwired) -- 02/03/14 -- This year's International Builders' Show (IBS) in Las Vegas marks the unofficial start to the home building and remodeling season, and Marvin® Windows and Doors and Integrity® Windows and Doors are excited to exhibit at this year's show and introduce a wide array of new products that are unmatched in the industry.
With the housing industry slowly recovering, and expected to continue to strengthen in 2014, Marvin's new window and door offerings are poised to meet consumer and trade demands, and are more technologically advanced, more energy-efficient and more stylish than ever before.
"The investments we've made in innovation, product development and in our workforce during the recession have paid off, and our company is more poised than ever for growth by providing the most innovative, high quality products in our industry," says Susan Marvin, President, Marvin Windows and Doors. "We are setting new standards with the introduction of products like our integrated interior and exterior shades, and have developed many innovative solutions that will change the customer's experience with windows and doors."
Among the products that Marvin Windows and Doors will be introducing at IBS:
- Interior Shades - A fully integrated shade system that offers unmatched functionality, beauty and performance, setting a new industry standard. Available in 15 colors, the shades feature fully concealed mechanisms and hidden cord systems for superior aesthetics.
- Exterior Shades - A first for the window industry, these automated shades are fully integrated, fully retractable and fully concealed, providing convenience and energy efficiency like never before. The shades are also an industry-first with thermal performance certification pending from PassivHaus Institut and Passive House Institute U.S.
- Next Generation Ultimate Double Hung - Featuring never-before-seen hardware, operation, performance and design, this window combines state-of-the-art technology with Marvin's legendary craftsmanship. This is the first and only window that does not rely on a traditional lock and keeper. In its place is an innovative keeperless hardware system, which combines the traditional double hung look with intuitive operation, modern convenience and added peace of mind.
- Contemporary Door Option for the Ultimate Swinging French Door - This stunning new door gives architects, builders and homeowners the choice of having Marvin's industry-leading Ultimate Swinging French Door with a bold new look.
- Pearlescent Exterior Finishes in Bright Silver and Copper - Long known for its durability, strength and beauty, Marvin adds two new clad color selections to satisfy a more modern aesthetic.
- 90-Degree Corner Unit - Perfect for contemporary design, this window is an ideal product for when a panoramic view is desired.
- OXXO Ultimate Glider -New, larger size and sliding operation allow for even more design options.
New from Integrity Windows and Doors:
- Insert Double Hung Replacement Window - Combining the strength of Ultrex® pultruded fiberglass, beautiful wood interior and a fit for any opening, this product is quite possibly the perfect insert replacement window.
- IZ3 Wood-Ultrex IMPACT Windows in Special Sizes - To help coastal homes and buildings weather the storm, Integrity introduces Special Sizes on its Wood-Ultrex windows for Impact Zone 3.
- New AAMA 624-10 Certification - The first and only window manufacturer to achieve this verification from the American Architectural Manufactures Association (AMAMA). Also have completed requirements for 625-10.
- All Ultrex Sliding Patio Door in Special Sizes - This popular door is now available in special sizes for even more design flexibility.
- All Ultrex Round Tops - Integrity will now offer True-Half Above Springline, Eyebrow Above Springline and special size Round Tops.
- New Tripane Glazing Option for Wood-Ultrex casements, awnings and direct glaze windows - Bringing energy efficiency to the next level, these windows combine Ultrex materials with three panes of glass and argon gas to create the ultimate in performance, beauty and strength.
- Window Opening Control Devices (WOCD) for Wood-Ultrex Double Hung and All Ultrex Double Hung and Single Hung products - This factory-applied device limits openings to less than 4 inches, offering a response to child safety and fall prevention.
About Marvin Windows and Doors
Marvin Windows and Doors brings its Built Around You® philosophy to life with every customer and every solution. A premier manufacturer of made-to-order wood and clad wood windows and doors, Marvin offers the industry's most extensive selection of shapes, styles, sizes and options to fit the diverse needs of builders and match the personalities of homeowners. Marvin's tradition of delivering the finest craftsmanship in windows and doors began in Warroad, Minn., a small town just six miles from the Canadian border, where the privately-held, family-owned and operated company is still headquartered today.
About Integrity Windows and Doors
Integrity Windows and Doors is the world's largest and most experienced manufacturer of windows and doors made with Ultrex -- a state-of-the-art pultruded fiberglass material. We didn't just join the fiberglass revolution -- we pioneered it. Our heritage as part of the Marvin family of companies is built on over a century of excellence and expertise. Based in Fargo, N.D., Integrity offers a comprehensive line of window and door products that are Built to Perform® and backed by first-class customer service.
Qosmos has announced new milestones in the detection of encrypted traffic and in protocol signature coverage. Qosmos latest software can accurately classify traffic encrypted with SSL/TLS (e.g., Google, Facebook, WhatsApp), P2P traffic (e.g., BitTorrent, MuTorrent, Vuze), and Skype, while preserving the privacy of communication content. These new classification techniques mean that traffic optimization, policy enforcement, and user experience are largely unaffected by encryption. In respect wit...
Aug. 23, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,623
"My role is working with customers, helping them go through this digital transformation. I spend a lot of time talking to banks, big industries, manufacturers working through how they are integrating and transforming their IT platforms and moving them forward," explained William Morrish, General Manager Product Sales at Interoute, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Aug. 23, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,934
Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is expected in the amount of information being processed, managed, analyzed, and acted upon by enterprise IT. This amazing is not part of some distant future - it is happening today. One report shows a 650% increase in enterprise data by 2020. Other estimates are even higher....
Aug. 23, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,742
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Aug. 23, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,725
To leverage Continuous Delivery, enterprises must consider impacts that span functional silos, as well as applications that touch older, slower moving components. Managing the many dependencies can cause slowdowns. See how to achieve continuous delivery in the enterprise.
Aug. 23, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,376
Today we can collect lots and lots of performance data. We build beautiful dashboards and even have fancy query languages to access and transform the data. Still performance data is a secret language only a couple of people understand. The more business becomes digital the more stakeholders are interested in this data including how it relates to business. Some of these people have never used a monitoring tool before. They have a question on their mind like “How is my application doing” but no id...
Aug. 23, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,614
Kubernetes, Docker and containers are changing the world, and how companies are deploying their software and running their infrastructure. With the shift in how applications are built and deployed, new challenges must be solved. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Sebastian Scheele, co-founder of Loodse, will discuss the implications of containerized applications/infrastructures and their impact on the enterprise. In a real world example based on Kubernetes, he will show how to ...
Aug. 23, 2016 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,223
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Aug. 23, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,779
SYS-CON Events announced today that eCube Systems, a leading provider of middleware modernization, integration, and management solutions, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. eCube Systems offers a family of middleware evolution products and services that maximize return on technology investment by leveraging existing technical equity to meet evolving business needs. ...
Aug. 23, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 261
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Aug. 23, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,872
Using new techniques of information modeling, indexing, and processing, new cloud-based systems can support cloud-based workloads previously not possible for high-throughput insurance, banking, and case-based applications. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, John Newton, CTO, Founder and Chairman of Alfresco, described how to scale cloud-based content management repositories to store, manage, and retrieve billions of documents and related information with fast and linear scalability. He addres...
Aug. 23, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,756
Enterprises have forever faced challenges surrounding the sharing of their intellectual property. Emerging cloud adoption has made it more compelling for enterprises to digitize their content, making them available over a wide variety of devices across the Internet. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Santosh Ahuja, Director of Architecture at Impiger Technologies, will introduce various mechanisms provided by cloud service providers today to manage and share digital content in a secure manner....
Aug. 23, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 341
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Aug. 23, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,474
As the world moves toward more DevOps and Microservices, application deployment to the cloud ought to become a lot simpler. The Microservices architecture, which is the basis of many new age distributed systems such as OpenStack, NetFlix and so on, is at the heart of Cloud Foundry - a complete developer-oriented Platform as a Service (PaaS) that is IaaS agnostic and supports vCloud, OpenStack and AWS. Serverless computing is revolutionizing computing. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Raghav...
Aug. 23, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 343
Fact: storage performance problems have only gotten more complicated, as applications not only have become largely virtualized, but also have moved to cloud-based infrastructures. Storage performance in virtualized environments isn’t just about IOPS anymore. Instead, you need to guarantee performance for individual VMs, helping applications maintain performance as the number of VMs continues to go up in real time. In his session at Cloud Expo, Dhiraj Sehgal, Product and Marketing at Tintri, wil...
Aug. 23, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 343