|By Marketwired .||
|February 3, 2014 04:45 PM EST||
WARROAD, MN -- (Marketwired) -- 02/03/14 -- This year's International Builders' Show (IBS) in Las Vegas marks the unofficial start to the home building and remodeling season, and Marvin® Windows and Doors and Integrity® Windows and Doors are excited to exhibit at this year's show and introduce a wide array of new products that are unmatched in the industry.
With the housing industry slowly recovering, and expected to continue to strengthen in 2014, Marvin's new window and door offerings are poised to meet consumer and trade demands, and are more technologically advanced, more energy-efficient and more stylish than ever before.
"The investments we've made in innovation, product development and in our workforce during the recession have paid off, and our company is more poised than ever for growth by providing the most innovative, high quality products in our industry," says Susan Marvin, President, Marvin Windows and Doors. "We are setting new standards with the introduction of products like our integrated interior and exterior shades, and have developed many innovative solutions that will change the customer's experience with windows and doors."
Among the products that Marvin Windows and Doors will be introducing at IBS:
- Interior Shades - A fully integrated shade system that offers unmatched functionality, beauty and performance, setting a new industry standard. Available in 15 colors, the shades feature fully concealed mechanisms and hidden cord systems for superior aesthetics.
- Exterior Shades - A first for the window industry, these automated shades are fully integrated, fully retractable and fully concealed, providing convenience and energy efficiency like never before. The shades are also an industry-first with thermal performance certification pending from PassivHaus Institut and Passive House Institute U.S.
- Next Generation Ultimate Double Hung - Featuring never-before-seen hardware, operation, performance and design, this window combines state-of-the-art technology with Marvin's legendary craftsmanship. This is the first and only window that does not rely on a traditional lock and keeper. In its place is an innovative keeperless hardware system, which combines the traditional double hung look with intuitive operation, modern convenience and added peace of mind.
- Contemporary Door Option for the Ultimate Swinging French Door - This stunning new door gives architects, builders and homeowners the choice of having Marvin's industry-leading Ultimate Swinging French Door with a bold new look.
- Pearlescent Exterior Finishes in Bright Silver and Copper - Long known for its durability, strength and beauty, Marvin adds two new clad color selections to satisfy a more modern aesthetic.
- 90-Degree Corner Unit - Perfect for contemporary design, this window is an ideal product for when a panoramic view is desired.
- OXXO Ultimate Glider -New, larger size and sliding operation allow for even more design options.
New from Integrity Windows and Doors:
- Insert Double Hung Replacement Window - Combining the strength of Ultrex® pultruded fiberglass, beautiful wood interior and a fit for any opening, this product is quite possibly the perfect insert replacement window.
- IZ3 Wood-Ultrex IMPACT Windows in Special Sizes - To help coastal homes and buildings weather the storm, Integrity introduces Special Sizes on its Wood-Ultrex windows for Impact Zone 3.
- New AAMA 624-10 Certification - The first and only window manufacturer to achieve this verification from the American Architectural Manufactures Association (AMAMA). Also have completed requirements for 625-10.
- All Ultrex Sliding Patio Door in Special Sizes - This popular door is now available in special sizes for even more design flexibility.
- All Ultrex Round Tops - Integrity will now offer True-Half Above Springline, Eyebrow Above Springline and special size Round Tops.
- New Tripane Glazing Option for Wood-Ultrex casements, awnings and direct glaze windows - Bringing energy efficiency to the next level, these windows combine Ultrex materials with three panes of glass and argon gas to create the ultimate in performance, beauty and strength.
- Window Opening Control Devices (WOCD) for Wood-Ultrex Double Hung and All Ultrex Double Hung and Single Hung products - This factory-applied device limits openings to less than 4 inches, offering a response to child safety and fall prevention.
About Marvin Windows and Doors
Marvin Windows and Doors brings its Built Around You® philosophy to life with every customer and every solution. A premier manufacturer of made-to-order wood and clad wood windows and doors, Marvin offers the industry's most extensive selection of shapes, styles, sizes and options to fit the diverse needs of builders and match the personalities of homeowners. Marvin's tradition of delivering the finest craftsmanship in windows and doors began in Warroad, Minn., a small town just six miles from the Canadian border, where the privately-held, family-owned and operated company is still headquartered today.
About Integrity Windows and Doors
Integrity Windows and Doors is the world's largest and most experienced manufacturer of windows and doors made with Ultrex -- a state-of-the-art pultruded fiberglass material. We didn't just join the fiberglass revolution -- we pioneered it. Our heritage as part of the Marvin family of companies is built on over a century of excellence and expertise. Based in Fargo, N.D., Integrity offers a comprehensive line of window and door products that are Built to Perform® and backed by first-class customer service.
Redis is not only the fastest database, but it has become the most popular among the new wave of applications running in containers. Redis speeds up just about every data interaction between your users or operational systems. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Dave Nielsen, Developer Relations at Redis Labs, shared the functions and data structures used to solve everyday use cases that are driving Redis' popularity.
Dec. 3, 2016 04:15 AM EST Reads: 3,410
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Dec. 3, 2016 04:15 AM EST Reads: 1,692
Internet-of-Things discussions can end up either going down the consumer gadget rabbit hole or focused on the sort of data logging that industrial manufacturers have been doing forever. However, in fact, companies today are already using IoT data both to optimize their operational technology and to improve the experience of customer interactions in novel ways. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Gordon Haff, Red Hat Technology Evangelist, will share examples from a wide range of industries – includin...
Dec. 3, 2016 02:30 AM EST Reads: 1,510
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Dec. 3, 2016 02:15 AM EST Reads: 1,487
Without lifecycle traceability and visibility across the tool chain, stakeholders from Planning-to-Ops have limited insight and answers to who, what, when, why and how across the DevOps lifecycle. This impacts the ability to deliver high quality software at the needed velocity to drive positive business outcomes. In his general session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Phil Hombledal, Solution Architect at CollabNet, discussed how customers are able to achieve a level of transparency that e...
Dec. 3, 2016 02:15 AM EST Reads: 712
"We build IoT infrastructure products - when you have to integrate different devices, different systems and cloud you have to build an application to do that but we eliminate the need to build an application. Our products can integrate any device, any system, any cloud regardless of protocol," explained Peter Jung, Chief Product Officer at Pulzze Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 3, 2016 01:45 AM EST Reads: 749
Much of the value of DevOps comes from a (renewed) focus on measurement, sharing, and continuous feedback loops. In increasingly complex DevOps workflows and environments, and especially in larger, regulated, or more crystallized organizations, these core concepts become even more critical. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, Andi Mann, Chief Technology Advocate at Splunk, showed how, by focusing on 'metrics that matter,' you can provide objective, transparent, and meaningful f...
Dec. 3, 2016 01:45 AM EST Reads: 4,527
"We are the public cloud providers. We are currently providing 50% of the resources they need for doing e-commerce business in China and we are hosting about 60% of mobile gaming in China," explained Yi Zheng, CPO and VP of Engineering at CDS Global Cloud, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 3, 2016 01:15 AM EST Reads: 848
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, director/senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Dec. 3, 2016 12:30 AM EST Reads: 1,518
Between 2005 and 2020, data volumes will grow by a factor of 300 – enough data to stack CDs from the earth to the moon 162 times. This has come to be known as the ‘big data’ phenomenon. Unfortunately, traditional approaches to handling, storing and analyzing data aren’t adequate at this scale: they’re too costly, slow and physically cumbersome to keep up. Fortunately, in response a new breed of technology has emerged that is cheaper, faster and more scalable. Yet, in meeting these new needs they...
Dec. 3, 2016 12:15 AM EST Reads: 1,748
"Once customers get a year into their IoT deployments, they start to realize that they may have been shortsighted in the ways they built out their deployment and the key thing I see a lot of people looking at is - how can I take equipment data, pull it back in an IoT solution and show it in a dashboard," stated Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 2, 2016 11:15 PM EST Reads: 898
@DevOpsSummit taking place June 6-8, 2017 at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Dec. 2, 2016 10:30 PM EST Reads: 1,729
"We are an all-flash array storage provider but our focus has been on VM-aware storage specifically for virtualized applications," stated Dhiraj Sehgal of Tintri in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 2, 2016 08:30 PM EST Reads: 389
IoT is rapidly changing the way enterprises are using data to improve business decision-making. In order to derive business value, organizations must unlock insights from the data gathered and then act on these. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, and Peter Shashkin, Head of Development Department at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how one organization leveraged IoT, cloud technology and data analysis to improve customer experiences and effici...
Dec. 2, 2016 08:30 PM EST Reads: 4,977
Fact is, enterprises have significant legacy voice infrastructure that’s costly to replace with pure IP solutions. How can we bring this analog infrastructure into our shiny new cloud applications? There are proven methods to bind both legacy voice applications and traditional PSTN audio into cloud-based applications and services at a carrier scale. Some of the most successful implementations leverage WebRTC, WebSockets, SIP and other open source technologies. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Da...
Dec. 2, 2016 08:15 PM EST Reads: 1,560