|By Marketwired .||
|February 3, 2014 04:45 PM EST||
WARROAD, MN -- (Marketwired) -- 02/03/14 -- This year's International Builders' Show (IBS) in Las Vegas marks the unofficial start to the home building and remodeling season, and Marvin® Windows and Doors and Integrity® Windows and Doors are excited to exhibit at this year's show and introduce a wide array of new products that are unmatched in the industry.
With the housing industry slowly recovering, and expected to continue to strengthen in 2014, Marvin's new window and door offerings are poised to meet consumer and trade demands, and are more technologically advanced, more energy-efficient and more stylish than ever before.
"The investments we've made in innovation, product development and in our workforce during the recession have paid off, and our company is more poised than ever for growth by providing the most innovative, high quality products in our industry," says Susan Marvin, President, Marvin Windows and Doors. "We are setting new standards with the introduction of products like our integrated interior and exterior shades, and have developed many innovative solutions that will change the customer's experience with windows and doors."
Among the products that Marvin Windows and Doors will be introducing at IBS:
- Interior Shades - A fully integrated shade system that offers unmatched functionality, beauty and performance, setting a new industry standard. Available in 15 colors, the shades feature fully concealed mechanisms and hidden cord systems for superior aesthetics.
- Exterior Shades - A first for the window industry, these automated shades are fully integrated, fully retractable and fully concealed, providing convenience and energy efficiency like never before. The shades are also an industry-first with thermal performance certification pending from PassivHaus Institut and Passive House Institute U.S.
- Next Generation Ultimate Double Hung - Featuring never-before-seen hardware, operation, performance and design, this window combines state-of-the-art technology with Marvin's legendary craftsmanship. This is the first and only window that does not rely on a traditional lock and keeper. In its place is an innovative keeperless hardware system, which combines the traditional double hung look with intuitive operation, modern convenience and added peace of mind.
- Contemporary Door Option for the Ultimate Swinging French Door - This stunning new door gives architects, builders and homeowners the choice of having Marvin's industry-leading Ultimate Swinging French Door with a bold new look.
- Pearlescent Exterior Finishes in Bright Silver and Copper - Long known for its durability, strength and beauty, Marvin adds two new clad color selections to satisfy a more modern aesthetic.
- 90-Degree Corner Unit - Perfect for contemporary design, this window is an ideal product for when a panoramic view is desired.
- OXXO Ultimate Glider -New, larger size and sliding operation allow for even more design options.
New from Integrity Windows and Doors:
- Insert Double Hung Replacement Window - Combining the strength of Ultrex® pultruded fiberglass, beautiful wood interior and a fit for any opening, this product is quite possibly the perfect insert replacement window.
- IZ3 Wood-Ultrex IMPACT Windows in Special Sizes - To help coastal homes and buildings weather the storm, Integrity introduces Special Sizes on its Wood-Ultrex windows for Impact Zone 3.
- New AAMA 624-10 Certification - The first and only window manufacturer to achieve this verification from the American Architectural Manufactures Association (AMAMA). Also have completed requirements for 625-10.
- All Ultrex Sliding Patio Door in Special Sizes - This popular door is now available in special sizes for even more design flexibility.
- All Ultrex Round Tops - Integrity will now offer True-Half Above Springline, Eyebrow Above Springline and special size Round Tops.
- New Tripane Glazing Option for Wood-Ultrex casements, awnings and direct glaze windows - Bringing energy efficiency to the next level, these windows combine Ultrex materials with three panes of glass and argon gas to create the ultimate in performance, beauty and strength.
- Window Opening Control Devices (WOCD) for Wood-Ultrex Double Hung and All Ultrex Double Hung and Single Hung products - This factory-applied device limits openings to less than 4 inches, offering a response to child safety and fall prevention.
About Marvin Windows and Doors
Marvin Windows and Doors brings its Built Around You® philosophy to life with every customer and every solution. A premier manufacturer of made-to-order wood and clad wood windows and doors, Marvin offers the industry's most extensive selection of shapes, styles, sizes and options to fit the diverse needs of builders and match the personalities of homeowners. Marvin's tradition of delivering the finest craftsmanship in windows and doors began in Warroad, Minn., a small town just six miles from the Canadian border, where the privately-held, family-owned and operated company is still headquartered today.
About Integrity Windows and Doors
Integrity Windows and Doors is the world's largest and most experienced manufacturer of windows and doors made with Ultrex -- a state-of-the-art pultruded fiberglass material. We didn't just join the fiberglass revolution -- we pioneered it. Our heritage as part of the Marvin family of companies is built on over a century of excellence and expertise. Based in Fargo, N.D., Integrity offers a comprehensive line of window and door products that are Built to Perform® and backed by first-class customer service.
In an era of historic innovation fueled by unprecedented access to data and technology, the low cost and risk of entering new markets has leveled the playing field for business. Today, any ambitious innovator can easily introduce a new application or product that can reinvent business models and transform the client experience. In their Day 2 Keynote at 19th Cloud Expo, Mercer Rowe, IBM Vice President of Strategic Alliances, and Raejeanne Skillern, Intel Vice President of Data Center Group and ...
Oct. 23, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,442
"Avere Systems is a hybrid cloud solution provider. We have customers that want to use cloud storage and we have customers that want to take advantage of cloud compute," explained Rebecca Thompson, VP of Marketing at Avere Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Oct. 23, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,996
Apache Hadoop is a key technology for gaining business insights from your Big Data, but the penetration into enterprises is shockingly low. In fact, Apache Hadoop and Big Data proponents recognize that this technology has not yet achieved its game-changing business potential. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, John Mertic, director of program management for ODPi at The Linux Foundation, will explain why this is, how we can work together as an open data community to increase adoption, and the i...
Oct. 23, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,871
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smar...
Oct. 23, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 781
The Internet of Things (IoT), in all its myriad manifestations, has great potential. Much of that potential comes from the evolving data management and analytic (DMA) technologies and processes that allow us to gain insight from all of the IoT data that can be generated and gathered. This potential may never be met as those data sets are tied to specific industry verticals and single markets, with no clear way to use IoT data and sensor analytics to fulfill the hype being given the IoT today.
Oct. 23, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,472
Virgil consists of an open-source encryption library, which implements Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) and Elliptic Curve Integrated Encryption Scheme (ECIES) (including RSA schema), a Key Management API, and a cloud-based Key Management Service (Virgil Keys). The Virgil Keys Service consists of a public key service and a private key escrow service.
Oct. 23, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,008
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Oct. 23, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,811
All clouds are not equal. To succeed in a DevOps context, organizations should plan to develop/deploy apps across a choice of on-premise and public clouds simultaneously depending on the business needs. This is where the concept of the Lean Cloud comes in - resting on the idea that you often need to relocate your app modules over their life cycles for both innovation and operational efficiency in the cloud. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Valentin (Val) Bercovici, CTO of So...
Oct. 23, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,118
SYS-CON Events announced today that StarNet Communications will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. StarNet Communications’ FastX is the industry first cloud-based remote X Windows emulator. Using standard Web browsers (FireFox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) users from around the world gain highly secure access to applications and data hosted on Linux-based servers in a central data center. ...
Oct. 23, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,061
SYS-CON Events announced today that eCube Systems, the leading provider of modern development tools and best practices for Continuous Integration on OpenVMS, will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. eCube Systems offers a family of middleware products and development tools that maximize return on technology investment by leveraging existing technical equity to meet evolving business needs. ...
Oct. 23, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,454
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Oct. 23, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,336
The best way to leverage your Cloud Expo presence as a sponsor and exhibitor is to plan your news announcements around our events. The press covering Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo will have access to these releases and will amplify your news announcements. More than two dozen Cloud companies either set deals at our shows or have announced their mergers and acquisitions at Cloud Expo. Product announcements during our show provide your company with the most reach through our targeted audiences.
Oct. 23, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 4,422
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential Internet of Things Brand by Onalytica in the ‘The Internet of Things Landscape 2015: Top 100 Individuals and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed Twitter conversations around the #IoT debate to uncover the most influential brands and individuals driving the conversation. Onalytica captured data from 56,224 users. The PageRank based methodology they use to extract influencers on a particular topic (tweets mentioning #InternetofThings or #IoT in this ...
Oct. 23, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 8,325
Machine Learning helps make complex systems more efficient. By applying advanced Machine Learning techniques such as Cognitive Fingerprinting, wind project operators can utilize these tools to learn from collected data, detect regular patterns, and optimize their own operations. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stuart Gillen, Director of Business Development at SparkCognition, discussed how research has demonstrated the value of Machine Learning in delivering next generation analytics to impr...
Oct. 23, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,675
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Oct. 23, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,103