|By Marketwired .||
|February 3, 2014 04:45 PM EST||
WARROAD, MN -- (Marketwired) -- 02/03/14 -- This year's International Builders' Show (IBS) in Las Vegas marks the unofficial start to the home building and remodeling season, and Marvin® Windows and Doors and Integrity® Windows and Doors are excited to exhibit at this year's show and introduce a wide array of new products that are unmatched in the industry.
With the housing industry slowly recovering, and expected to continue to strengthen in 2014, Marvin's new window and door offerings are poised to meet consumer and trade demands, and are more technologically advanced, more energy-efficient and more stylish than ever before.
"The investments we've made in innovation, product development and in our workforce during the recession have paid off, and our company is more poised than ever for growth by providing the most innovative, high quality products in our industry," says Susan Marvin, President, Marvin Windows and Doors. "We are setting new standards with the introduction of products like our integrated interior and exterior shades, and have developed many innovative solutions that will change the customer's experience with windows and doors."
Among the products that Marvin Windows and Doors will be introducing at IBS:
- Interior Shades - A fully integrated shade system that offers unmatched functionality, beauty and performance, setting a new industry standard. Available in 15 colors, the shades feature fully concealed mechanisms and hidden cord systems for superior aesthetics.
- Exterior Shades - A first for the window industry, these automated shades are fully integrated, fully retractable and fully concealed, providing convenience and energy efficiency like never before. The shades are also an industry-first with thermal performance certification pending from PassivHaus Institut and Passive House Institute U.S.
- Next Generation Ultimate Double Hung - Featuring never-before-seen hardware, operation, performance and design, this window combines state-of-the-art technology with Marvin's legendary craftsmanship. This is the first and only window that does not rely on a traditional lock and keeper. In its place is an innovative keeperless hardware system, which combines the traditional double hung look with intuitive operation, modern convenience and added peace of mind.
- Contemporary Door Option for the Ultimate Swinging French Door - This stunning new door gives architects, builders and homeowners the choice of having Marvin's industry-leading Ultimate Swinging French Door with a bold new look.
- Pearlescent Exterior Finishes in Bright Silver and Copper - Long known for its durability, strength and beauty, Marvin adds two new clad color selections to satisfy a more modern aesthetic.
- 90-Degree Corner Unit - Perfect for contemporary design, this window is an ideal product for when a panoramic view is desired.
- OXXO Ultimate Glider -New, larger size and sliding operation allow for even more design options.
New from Integrity Windows and Doors:
- Insert Double Hung Replacement Window - Combining the strength of Ultrex® pultruded fiberglass, beautiful wood interior and a fit for any opening, this product is quite possibly the perfect insert replacement window.
- IZ3 Wood-Ultrex IMPACT Windows in Special Sizes - To help coastal homes and buildings weather the storm, Integrity introduces Special Sizes on its Wood-Ultrex windows for Impact Zone 3.
- New AAMA 624-10 Certification - The first and only window manufacturer to achieve this verification from the American Architectural Manufactures Association (AMAMA). Also have completed requirements for 625-10.
- All Ultrex Sliding Patio Door in Special Sizes - This popular door is now available in special sizes for even more design flexibility.
- All Ultrex Round Tops - Integrity will now offer True-Half Above Springline, Eyebrow Above Springline and special size Round Tops.
- New Tripane Glazing Option for Wood-Ultrex casements, awnings and direct glaze windows - Bringing energy efficiency to the next level, these windows combine Ultrex materials with three panes of glass and argon gas to create the ultimate in performance, beauty and strength.
- Window Opening Control Devices (WOCD) for Wood-Ultrex Double Hung and All Ultrex Double Hung and Single Hung products - This factory-applied device limits openings to less than 4 inches, offering a response to child safety and fall prevention.
About Marvin Windows and Doors
Marvin Windows and Doors brings its Built Around You® philosophy to life with every customer and every solution. A premier manufacturer of made-to-order wood and clad wood windows and doors, Marvin offers the industry's most extensive selection of shapes, styles, sizes and options to fit the diverse needs of builders and match the personalities of homeowners. Marvin's tradition of delivering the finest craftsmanship in windows and doors began in Warroad, Minn., a small town just six miles from the Canadian border, where the privately-held, family-owned and operated company is still headquartered today.
About Integrity Windows and Doors
Integrity Windows and Doors is the world's largest and most experienced manufacturer of windows and doors made with Ultrex -- a state-of-the-art pultruded fiberglass material. We didn't just join the fiberglass revolution -- we pioneered it. Our heritage as part of the Marvin family of companies is built on over a century of excellence and expertise. Based in Fargo, N.D., Integrity offers a comprehensive line of window and door products that are Built to Perform® and backed by first-class customer service.
The Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), which enables organizations to seamlessly run in a hybrid cloud model (public + private cloud), is here to stay. IDC estimates that the software-defined networking market will be valued at $3.7 billion by 2016. Security is a key component and benefit of the SDDC, and offers an opportunity to build security 'from the ground up' and weave it into the environment from day one. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Reuven Harrison, CTO and Co-Founder of Tufin,...
Jul. 31, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 493
There are many considerations when moving applications from on-premise to cloud. It is critical to understand the benefits and also challenges of this migration. A successful migration will result in lower Total Cost of Ownership, yet offer the same or higher level of robustness. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Michael Meiner, an Engineering Director at Oracle, Corporation, analyzed a range of cloud offerings (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and discussed the benefits/challenges of migrating to each offe...
Jul. 31, 2015 02:30 PM EDT
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a software development company, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software development company with representative offices in Atlanta (US), Sheffield (UK) and Würzburg (Germany); and development centers in Ukraine. Since 2009 it has grown from a small group of passionate engineers and business managers to a full-scale mobi...
Jul. 31, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 271
Chuck Piluso presented a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. Prior to Secure Infrastructure and Services, Mr. Piluso founded North American Telecommunication Corporation, a facilities-based Competitive Local Exchange Carrier licensed by the Public Service Commission in 10 states, serving as the company's chairman and president from 1997 to 2000. Between 1990 and 1997, Mr. Piluso served as chairman & founder of International Te...
Jul. 31, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 362
Mobile, social, Big Data, and cloud have fundamentally changed the way we live. “Anytime, anywhere” access to data and information is no longer a luxury; it’s a requirement, in both our personal and professional lives. For IT organizations, this means pressure has never been greater to deliver meaningful services to the business and customers.
Jul. 31, 2015 01:45 PM EDT
In a recent research, analyst firm IDC found that the average cost of a critical application failure is $500,000 to $1 million per hour and the average total cost of unplanned application downtime is $1.25 billion to $2.5 billion per year for Fortune 1000 companies. In addition to the findings on the cost of the downtime, the research also highlighted best practices for development, testing, application support, infrastructure, and operations teams.
Jul. 31, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 118
In their session at 17th Cloud Expo, Hal Schwartz, CEO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), and Chuck Paolillo, CTO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), provide a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. In his role as CEO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), Hal Schwartz provides leadership and direction for the company.
Jul. 31, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 127
Puppet Labs has announced the next major update to its flagship product: Puppet Enterprise 2015.2. This release includes new features providing DevOps teams with clarity, simplicity and additional management capabilities, including an all-new user interface, an interactive graph for visualizing infrastructure code, a new unified agent and broader infrastructure support.
Jul. 31, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 142
For IoT to grow as quickly as analyst firms’ project, a lot is going to fall on developers to quickly bring applications to market. But the lack of a standard development platform threatens to slow growth and make application development more time consuming and costly, much like we’ve seen in the mobile space. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Weiner, Product Manager of the Omega DevCloud with KORE Telematics Inc., discussed the evolving requirements for developers as IoT matures and conducte...
Jul. 31, 2015 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 302
Container technology is sending shock waves through the world of cloud computing. Heralded as the 'next big thing,' containers provide software owners a consistent way to package their software and dependencies while infrastructure operators benefit from a standard way to deploy and run them. Containers present new challenges for tracking usage due to their dynamic nature. They can also be deployed to bare metal, virtual machines and various cloud platforms. How do software owners track the usag...
Jul. 31, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 159
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Arch...
Jul. 30, 2015 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,401
Providing the needed data for application development and testing is a huge headache for most organizations. The problems are often the same across companies - speed, quality, cost, and control. Provisioning data can take days or weeks, every time a refresh is required. Using dummy data leads to quality problems. Creating physical copies of large data sets and sending them to distributed teams of developers eats up expensive storage and bandwidth resources. And, all of these copies proliferating...
Jul. 30, 2015 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 893
Malicious agents are moving faster than the speed of business. Even more worrisome, most companies are relying on legacy approaches to security that are no longer capable of meeting current threats. In the modern cloud, threat diversity is rapidly expanding, necessitating more sophisticated security protocols than those used in the past or in desktop environments. Yet companies are falling for cloud security myths that were truths at one time but have evolved out of existence.
Jul. 30, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,805
Digital Transformation is the ultimate goal of cloud computing and related initiatives. The phrase is certainly not a precise one, and as subject to hand-waving and distortion as any high-falutin' terminology in the world of information technology. Yet it is an excellent choice of words to describe what enterprise IT—and by extension, organizations in general—should be working to achieve. Digital Transformation means: handling all the data types being found and created in the organizat...
Jul. 30, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,090
Public Cloud IaaS started its life in the developer and startup communities and has grown rapidly to a $20B+ industry, but it still pales in comparison to how much is spent worldwide on IT: $3.6 trillion. In fact, there are 8.6 million data centers worldwide, the reality is many small and medium sized business have server closets and colocation footprints filled with servers and storage gear. While on-premise environment virtualization may have peaked at 75%, the Public Cloud has lagged in adop...
Jul. 30, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,206